XSX supports ALL Xbox controllers >>> PS5 only DS4 for PS4 games.

• 163 results
sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 6278 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@Pedro said:

I remember how much of a game changer the Dual Shock 4 touchpad was for PS4 games....🤣

You could use it as a mouse on PC it was really actually great for me and I could change color of light to whatever I want to match my LED's on PC, and you could touch the bar as a button which was great for games like destiny where you could go into orbit

I loved the Touch Bar an lights I wish they were back tbh

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 sealionact

@subspecies said:
@sealionact said:

@subspecies: Good point. (Hint: It may have something to do with Lem’s getting to keep their controllers instead of being forced into buying one if they want to play a game of FIFA for example).

This is sw isn’t it?

Exactly. Desperate lems, lol. Looking for anything they can use against cows.

Anything. RDNA confusion, BC confusion, controller conflicts, "The other Spiderman", Weaker performance, no mp games, ps4 games being sold on ps5 but blocked on ps4 and Homer Simpson designed tumourstations....I mean don't they know....you can blow into the controller for crying out loud?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#53 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

@sealionact said:
@subspecies said:
@sealionact said:

@subspecies: Good point. (Hint: It may have something to do with Lem’s getting to keep their controllers instead of being forced into buying one if they want to play a game of FIFA for example).

This is sw isn’t it?

Exactly. Desperate lems, lol. Looking for anything they can use against cows.

Anything. RDNA confusion, BC confusion, controller conflicts, "The other Spiderman", Weaker performance, no mp games, ps4 games being sold on ps5 but blocked on ps4 and Homer Simpson designed tumourstations....I mean don't they know....you can blow into the controller for crying out loud?

Yeah, it's gotten pretty bad. You know when lems start pulling out Homer Simpson they're freakin' desperate, lol.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#54 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 6958 Posts

Sucks people will have to buy another DS5 for $70 if they want to do any couch coop.

I'm a big fan of being able to use whatever controller I want wherever I want. Who wouldn't be?

@Pedro said:

I remember how much of a game changer the Dual Shock 4 touchpad was for PS4 games....🤣

Lol. The only time I ever used it was to move the mouse around on my PC. Actually kind of handy when you're on the couch.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#55 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 1903 Posts

The only reason I can think of for this is the touted Adaptive Triggers with multiple tension points but you can emulate that with rumble and the already analogue triggers of the DS4.

If you need the gimmick blow the mic, just use a headset for the DS4.

So far, sounds unnecessary but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 20342 Posts

Yep, yet another pro-consumer move by MS.

But as we know, Sony fanboys are against pro-consumer moves like this, so of course they'll be against it.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 32368 Posts

@subspecies: Microsoft is providing more options though. Thinking that just because there weren’t these options previously is just silly though. Things grow and change over time as do expectations from consumers and the ability of the hardware and the software.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Archangel3371: The point is lems didn't have any issues with old controllers not working on new PS consoles until like last week, lol. They're just looking for anything they can get their hands on to throw at cows to the point of ignoring new complex controller tech like haptic feedback. It's beyond desperate.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Archangel3371

@subspecies: Oh please. Most everyone didn’t have problems with old controllers not working on next gen consoles. It was just something that was expected and accepted at the time. Well guess what times change, things improve, expectations adjust. When someone introduces a new option to the gaming scene then others want that option as well. It’s silly to think that it’s just “Lems” who want this option as well. You’re looking pretty desperate there yourself playing Sony Defense Force. 😅

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 3880 Posts

I'm all for new tech trying to make better experience.

But if they produce PS5 games that dont gain anything or make use from the extra features and they dont support DS4, thats a bit anti gamer in my view. They forcing you to buy new ones at that point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Archangel3371 said:

@subspecies: Oh please. Most everyone didn’t have problems with old controllers not working on next gen consoles. It was just something that was expected and accepted at the time. Well guess what times change, things improve, expectations adjust. When someone introduces a new option to the gaming scene then others want that option as well. It’s silly to think that it’s just “Lems” who want this option as well. You’re looking pretty desperate there yourself playing Sony Defense Force. 😅

Lol. Like clockwork, you do exactly what I said. Ignoring something like new haptic feedback tech. Look, dude, you probably have never experienced top of the line haptic feedback, if you even know what it is, but if you did experience it you would know that it's complex, super sensitive, and involves a significant amount of programming. Things like give and take, tug and lax tension, form molds, etc. These are things that cannot be programmed into the dualshock, which only features general rumble. And this is just one basic feature of the new dualsense controller.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Archangel3371

@subspecies: Yeah, I never said anything one way or the other about haptic feedback. I do know what it is by the way and think it’s pretty cool. I’m sure most games would still be able to support both a PS5 and PS4 controller if they wanted to.

It’s funny how you just totally threw out your previous comment about how since no one expected controller compatibility during previous generations of systems that it somehow justifies not having that kind of option nowadays or in the future. 😅

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@subspecies: why dont they just let the DS4 connect without the haptic feedback?

What if i dont care about haptic feedback and just want to use a DS4. It cant be hard to just eliminate the feature when a DS4 is used.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33179 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Times change lol more like hypocrisy time arrive.

You know like how on 2013 every xbox one fan was OK with no having a single game on BC,and ok with paying $100 more for a weaker HUGE console and even hype xbox exclusives as been better,and there was no difference between 720p and 1080p because most xbox fans seat 10 feet from their TV and can't notice anything.

Fast foward to 2015,and all of the sudden BC was a must because MS was doing it,exclusives didn't matter because MS drop them,then fast forward to 2017 power matter again,and all of the sudden the difference can be see because now lemmings seat 3 feet from their TV's,now fast forward to 2020 lemming cry about the PS5 size when the xbox was considerably weaker and huge and more expensive.

Is not times that change if the damn goal post you lemming move all the time.

The xbox 360 controller didn't work on xbox one,because MS made allot of changes,the xbox one controllers work on the series X because MS barely did anything to the controller,the PS5 controllers has extra features over the PS5.

Crying about the PS4 controller is a joke,they will work for PS4 games,and for PS5 we have PS5 controllers,most games don't even have local multiplayer outside of sports,some don't even work without online because they are multiplayer online only.

Hell seeing some even hype free online play on xbox,is like the biggest hypocricy that was ever commited on this place,for 18 years MS has been charging for online play,18 damn years the reason the industry has a paywall all over is because of MS,if MS would have not charge for online play in the first place we would still be playing for free,but it was easy money for both nintendo and sony to let pass.

MS made it ok and now lemmings act like MS will be the greatest because supposedly will kill their pay wall which still to this day is need it even for free to play games.

So yeah time doesn't change the goal post moving on lemmings side is downright pathetic,i will not start saying that free online is bad simply because sony will continue to charge if MS does drop it,but you people have already own your self with this,i would not even dare go there there are so many post here damage controlling Live gold over free online that i don't even have to make excuses for sony,i simply use lemmings quotes defending live.

@sealionact said:

PS4 games been sold on PS5 but not on PS4 what the fu** are you smoking now..😂

I guess spiderman really has screw up lemmings hard,i don't think i have seen an exclusive cause so much butthurt in recent times as Spiderman,is like you can't just drop it.🤣

This is what comes to mind every time a lemming try to pull the graphics card on us.🤣

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 7909 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

@subspecies: Microsoft is providing more options though. Thinking that just because there weren’t these options previously is just silly though. Things grow and change over time as do expectations from consumers and the ability of the hardware and the software.

Microsoft = More Options

Then why did Microsoft force everyone to buy a kinect, than after everyone did they made no games that used it and killed off support for it. Then later they unbundled itscrewing over all those people who did buy it at launch and were told the system couldn't work without it for the extra 100 bux thats not options thats crap. Microsoft screwed over all those initial buyers of kinect.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 57114 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

Microsoft = More Options

Then why did Microsoft force everyone to buy a kinect, than after everyone did they made no games that used it and killed off support it and then unbundled screwing over all those people who did buy it at launch and were told the system couldn't work without it.

That doesn't neuter the fact that more options are available. Granted, it was a shitty move, but it doesn't take away from the fact that MS are offering more options in terms of controllers ATM.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Archangel3371

@ProtossRushX: Because they weren’t providing good options back then but they are now. 🤷‍♂️

ProtossRushX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 ProtossRushX
Member since 2007 • 7909 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Microsoft = More Options

Then why did Microsoft force everyone to buy a kinect, than after everyone did they made no games that used it and killed off support it and then unbundled screwing over all those people who did buy it at launch and were told the system couldn't work without it.

That doesn't neuter the fact that more options are available. Granted, it was a shitty move, but it doesn't take away from the fact that MS are offering more options in terms of controllers ATM.

Yeah but this guy so far into lemming territory that its absurd. He just needs to be reminded that xbox isn't as great as he thinks.

He says oh i'll buy a ps4 eventually when its like 100 dollars now hes saying gonna buy the ps5 too when like 8 years after its out he still doesn't have ps4 and says he was gonna get that.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By lundy86_4

@ProtossRushX said:

Yeah but this guy so far into lemming territory that its absurd. He just needs to be reminded that xbox isn't as great as he thinks.

He says oh i'll buy a ps4 eventually when its like 100 dollars now hes saying gonna buy the ps5 too when like 8 years after its out he still doesn't have ps4 and says he was gonna get that.

I'd ask you to hold up a mirror, but you choose sides willy-nilly, so you'd only confuse yourself. @Archangel3371 is a level-headed poster, so i'd ask you to prove any of your rambling.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By tormentos

@lundy86_4 said:

Which is irrelevant,PS5 games will use PS5 controllers,PS4 games will use PS4 controllers on PS5,the problem would have been if you would not have been able to use the controller at all.

People hold to every bit of shit they can find to downplay the PS,and is pathetic the more they try the more pathetic they look.

Options are great only when MS had then,when they are on sonys side they don't matter which is why lemmings still damage control MS charging for free to play games with live.

Reason why they still defend the xbox controller not having a damn rechargeable battery.

Hell at this moment a PS4 controller is way cheaper than the xbox one,you need batteries or a charge and play kit sold appart,to add insult sony controllers has motion,touch pad rumble and rechargeable battery.

The PS5 controller will be the same,i mean come on how can anyone even justify not having a recheargeable battery on a controller in 2020?

Hell it doesn't have to be proprietary,in fact MS can pack a cheapo brand pair of double A batteries and a cable and just charge them from US,is the option that matter isn't that what you say?

No there is no option for that is buy batteries or don't play,MS has double A batteries so they can continue to rip off lemmings with charge and play kits.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Archangel3371

@ProtossRushX: Now you’re just making up things. I never said that Microsoft has always made consumer friendly choices or provide options, I’m simply giving them credit for the one’s they’re doing now.

Also never said I was waiting for the PS4 to be $100. I’d prefer to get a PS4 Pro which currently sells for $499 here in Canada. I’m just waiting for a price drop which I’m kind of expecting with this gen winding down and a new one on the horizon. I already have like ten PS4 games that I wanted this gen on my shelf waiting to be played.

I’ll get a PS5 whenever I get one. Don’t get your jimmies all rustled up just because I enjoy different things then you. Sheesh. 😅

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 I_own_u_4ever
Member since 2020 • 647 Posts

@subspecies said:

Lems looking for any ammunition against cows they can dig up. This is what desperation looks like, folks.

Answer me this, could you use a ps1 controller on a ps2? A ps2 controller on a ps3? A ps3 controller on a ps4?

Have fun with those questions.

The later in the gen DS1 controller for PS1 was basically the exact same controller as DS2.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By sealionact

@tormentos: I asked you to answer two simple questions.

Do you want me to ask the forum if psnow let’s you play games that you have paid for online?

Psnow is not the same as Gp ultimate. Do you understand that?

Miles morales is a ps4 game. Spiffed up with ps5 enhancements, and you can’t play it on ps4.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 I_own_u_4ever
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Just another pro-consumer move to add to the growing list of pro-consumer moves being done by Microsoft. I approve. 👍

+1 for the good guys. 😁

All that shit that's not gonna matter once they get smoked again. If anything, it just shows how unremarkable the controller is if it doesn't even get a good next gen upgrade.

It actually shows how remarkable the X1 controller is in fact an evolution from the 360 controller that also smoked PS3 controller both no feedback, Sony sold a lie then with feedback when they added it. The X1 controller has haptic feedback not that big of a deal but cool but had that for 8 years now and the design and the controller is just well better then the layout and feel on PS controllers.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#75 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 1903 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever said:
@subspecies said:

Lems looking for any ammunition against cows they can dig up. This is what desperation looks like, folks.

Answer me this, could you use a ps1 controller on a ps2? A ps2 controller on a ps3? A ps3 controller on a ps4?

The later in the gen DS1 controller for PS1 was basically the exact same controller as DS2.

DS2 had pressure sensitive buttons.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/dual-shock-2-buttons-are-pressure-sensitive.34047/

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Archangel3371

@tormentos: And people don’t try to throw any kind of shit they can at Microsoft, Nintendo, or PC for that matter?

GTFOH with that “poor Sony” whining. 😂

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 I_own_u_4ever

@tormentos said:
@Archangel3371 said:

Times change lol more like hypocrisy time arrive.

You know like how on 2013 every xbox one fan was OK with no having a single game on BC,and ok with paying $100 more for a weaker HUGE console and even hype xbox exclusives as been better,and there was no difference between 720p and 1080p because most xbox fans seat 10 feet from their TV and can't notice anything.

Fast foward to 2015,and all of the sudden BC was a must because MS was doing it,exclusives didn't matter because MS drop them,then fast forward to 2017 power matter again,and all of the sudden the difference can be see because now lemmings seat 3 feet from their TV's,now fast forward to 2020 lemming cry about the PS5 size when the xbox was considerably weaker and huge and more expensive.

Is not times that change if the damn goal post you lemming move all the time.

The xbox 360 controller didn't work on xbox one,because MS made allot of changes,the xbox one controllers work on the series X because MS barely did anything to the controller,the PS5 controllers has extra features over the PS5.

Crying about the PS4 controller is a joke,they will work for PS4 games,and for PS5 we have PS5 controllers,most games don't even have local multiplayer outside of sports,some don't even work without online because they are multiplayer online only.

Hell seeing some even hype free online play on xbox,is like the biggest hypocricy that was ever commited on this place,for 18 years MS has been charging for online play,18 damn years the reason the industry has a paywall all over is because of MS,if MS would have not charge for online play in the first place we would still be playing for free,but it was easy money for both nintendo and sony to let pass.

MS made it ok and now lemmings act like MS will be the greatest because supposedly will kill their pay wall which still to this day is need it even for free to play games.

So yeah time doesn't change the goal post moving on lemmings side is downright pathetic,i will not start saying that free online is bad simply because sony will continue to charge if MS does drop it,but you people have already own your self with this,i would not even dare go there there are so many post here damage controlling Live gold over free online that i don't even have to make excuses for sony,i simply use lemmings quotes defending live.

@sealionact said:

PS4 games been sold on PS5 but not on PS4 what the fu** are you smoking now..😂

I guess spiderman really has screw up lemmings hard,i don't think i have seen an exclusive cause so much butthurt in recent times as Spiderman,is like you can't just drop it.🤣

This is what comes to mind every time a lemming try to pull the graphics card on us.🤣

Tormentos is clearly butthurt triggered wall of text I stopped reading when Tormentos says a big console and weaker, cough like bruh have you seen the PS5 it's like grandmas pancake maker oh yeah and it's 9.2 OC boost

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 15358 Posts

@i_own_u_4ever said:
@subspecies said:

The DS1 didn't have pressure sensitive buttons. So while you could use the DS1 on a PS2, certain games wouldn't support it because the game was built around pressure sensitive buttons.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 lundy86_4

@tormentos said:

Which is irrelevant,PS5 games will use PS5 controllers,PS4 games will use PS4 controllers on PS5,the problem would have been if you would not have been able to use the controller at all.

Tormy, stop. Completely relevant, and I don't want to delve into your inane babble. You continue for "paragraphs" and just dilute your point.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 1919 Posts

When you buy a ps5, a ps5 controller is included so this thread is borderline pointless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Archangel3371 said:

@subspecies: Yeah, I never said anything one way or the other about haptic feedback. I do know what it is by the way and think it’s pretty cool. I’m sure most games would still be able to support both a PS5 and PS4 controller if they wanted to.

It’s funny how you just totally threw out your previous comment about how since no one expected controller compatibility during previous generations of systems that it somehow justifies not having that kind of option nowadays or in the future. 😅

Dude, of course you didn't mention it. That's because it involves specific intensive programming that rules out the dualshock for newer games, lol. Devs are not going to double back and try to reprogram dualshock compatibility after they've already specifically supported the dualsense through extensive development. That would be ridiculous.

And you completely misunderstood what I'm saying about controller compatibility. It doesn't justify lack of compatibility as much as it is a non-argument. Like I said, the haptic feedback feature alone renders the dualshock incompatible with new programming using the dualsense. This is a new console, with new controllers and a ton of new tech involved in both. The only reasonable thing to do is what Sony has done, which is allow old controllers to work with old games. Regardless of people expecting or not expecting support for said controllers doesn't matter; the new tech rules out that support for next gen PS games.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 tormentos

@sealionact said:

@tormentos: I asked you to answer two simple questions.

Do you want me to ask the forum if psnow let’s you play games that you have paid for online?

Psnow is not the same as Gp ultimate. Do you understand that?

Miles morales is a ps4 game. Spiffed up with ps5 enhancements, and you can’t play it on ps4.

WTF i already answer your question you can't be this stupid.

I even posted a link with the information and told you if you have something that prove me wrong share it.

Fact is from what i posted if you have PS Now you don't have to pay for PSN+ to play online the ball is in your court.

When you show me the PS4 has ray tracing and can run spiderman at 4k 60FPS then i will agree with you.

While you continue you sick obssesion with Spiderman calling it a PS4 game,let me show you what a real last game is.

Now this is a shitty xbox one game even by xbox one standards,shitty textures,shitty assets,shitty lighthing,patethic gun and character models and not ray tracing what so ever oh did i mention 5 years on development on a console where MS claim a single guy make this.

Loading Video...

Son 1 guy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all of 343 a studio with millions to burn which by the way rumors claim to have burn 500 millions on halo.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@jeezers said:

@subspecies: why dont they just let the DS4 connect without the haptic feedback?

What if i dont care about haptic feedback and just want to use a DS4. It cant be hard to just eliminate the feature when a DS4 is used.

Rumble takes development in and of itself. Haptic feedback, to the extent that we're seeing it now, is a whole different level of intensive programming. Devs are not programming for the PS4; they're programming for the PS5. Expending resources to support old tech would be beyond pointless, especially considering the PS5, naturally, will come with PS5 controller(s).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@i_own_u_4ever said:
@subspecies said:

Uh, okay? The dualsense is far more advanced than all previous controllers, lol. The new haptic feedback feature alone is light years beyond rumble tech.

I_own_u_4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 I_own_u_4ever

@subspecies said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@subspecies said:

Uh, okay? The dualsense is far more advanced than all previous controllers, lol. The new haptic feedback feature alone is light years beyond rumble tech.

Trigger feedback in the X1 controller since 2013 most devs these days forget it's even there not that big a deal.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 tormentos

@i_own_u_4ever said:

Tormentos is clearly butthurt triggered wall of text I stopped reading when Tormentos says a big console and weaker, cough like bruh have you seen the PS5 it's like grandmas pancake maker oh yeah and it's 9.2 OC boost

You are trying to hard I_cry_daily is not me making 10 threads daily to damage control MS total game show fiasco.🤣

Well that is the hypocricy i point out,you are just to stupid to get it,those who complain about about the PS5 size and 18.3% weaker GPU are the same who were ok on 2013 with a kinect box for TV TV TV for $100 40% weaker and Huge compare with the PS4,but again like i already told you,you were and alt on your I_P_daily account and you are on this one as well.

You do care about graphics,sales exclusives and scores.🤣

@lundy86_4 said:

Tormy, stop. Completely relevant, and I don't want to delve into your inane babble. You continue for "paragraphs" and just dilute your point.

No is not is total bullshit i don't need a PS4 controller to play PS5 games nor want it because i want those new features exploited.

Bullshit once again i expose your bullshit hypocrisy and xbox siding that you have been having for some years now.

So options are good only when MS has then,when i see you complain about MS not having rechargeable batteries on their controllers then i say you are been neutral,when i see you complain about live been need it for free to play games then i say your neutral and not been biased on this.

MS doesn't even have to drop AA batteries at all,simply packing a pair that can be recharge would be enough,but again options are good on MS side.😎

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@i_own_u_4ever said:
@subspecies said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@subspecies said:

Trigger feedback in the X1 controller since 2013 most devs these days forget it's even there not that big a deal.

Dude, you have no idea what I'm talking about. The kind of feedback I'm referring to is a big VR thing, but it can apply to an extent to traditional controllers, which is what Sony has done. Top quality haptic feedback is LIGHT YEARS beyond basic rumble tech. And it's going to be much bigger going forward, especially this gen with increased VR support and devs learning how to use it more effectively.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@rzxv04 said:
@i_own_u_4ever said:
@subspecies said:

DS2 had pressure sensitive buttons.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/dual-shock-2-buttons-are-pressure-sensitive.34047/

Not the same thing, at all. Not even close. Modern haptic feedback is freaking awesome when utilized appropriately. Many VR fans have a good idea about this already. But the tech is not exclusive to VR, as Sony is demonstrating with the dualsense. It's just way more immersive in VR.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Archangel3371

@subspecies: Yeah, I’m just going to have to remain sceptical on developers not being able to make their games compatible with Dual Shock 4 controllers because of haptic feedback.

As for the actual point I’ve been discussing how have I misunderstood your point and how is it a non-argument? You specifically stated that previous console generations didn’t support older controllers usability. That statement is pretty cut and dry as to what you were inferring.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#90 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13619 Posts

Not sure why you bragging, when the xbox controller is the same.

We get a fancy new controller, you get a recycled old controller.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 lundy86_4

@tormentos said:

No is not is total bullshit i don't need a PS4 controller to play PS5 games nor want it because i want those new features exploited.

Bullshit once again i expose your bullshit hypocrisy and xbox siding that you have been having for some years now.

So options are good only when MS has then,when i see you complain about MS not having rechargeable batteries on their controllers then i say you are been neutral,when i see you complain about live been need it for free to play games then i say your neutral and not been biased on this.

MS doesn't even have to drop AA batteries at all,simply packing a pair that can be recharge would be enough,but again options are good on MS side.😎

That wasn't the debate... You seem to confuse this argument with my non-issue with utilizing AA rechargeable batteries over the shitty DS4 battery.

I'll tell you what, make more sense and come back.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Archangel3371 said:

@subspecies: Yeah, I’m just going to have to remain sceptical on developers not being able to make their games compatible with Dual Shock 4 controllers because of haptic feedback.

As for the actual point I’ve been discussing how have I misunderstood your point and how is it a non-argument? You specifically stated that previous console generations didn’t support older controllers usability. That statement is pretty cut and dry as to what you were inferring.

Uh, yeah, dude. They didn't. But now the tech makes it necessary for them not to i.e. backtracking on development, which devs are not going to do, lol.

As for haptic feedback on next gen games, well, it goes along with the whole experience. Putting extensive dev resources into haptics means that it is the way the game is meant to be experienced. Cutting out support for the dualshock is natural, because it is old tech with limitations. This shouldn't be surprising.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 tormentos

@Zero_epyon said:

The DS1 didn't have pressure sensitive buttons. So while you could use the DS1 on a PS2, certain games wouldn't support it because the game was built around pressure sensitive buttons.

That is how you know they don't know what the fu** they are talking about,hell the PS1 didn't even launch with rumble or analogues,using a PS1 controllers that came before 1997 would not even work in many PS2 games,let alone the pressure sensitive buttons.

@i_own_u_4ever said:

The fact that you think the DS1 and DS2 were the same controllers is basically lol worthy,worse the PS1 didn't even launch with DS the first PS1 controller didn't have analogues or rumble,that was something that came after 1997.

You are clueless I_P_daily.🤣

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@tormentos said:

@i_own_u_4ever said:

The fact that you think the DS1 and DS2 were the same controllers is basically lol worthy,worse the PS1 didn't even launch with DS the first PS1 controller didn't have analogues or rumble,that was something that came after 1997.

You are clueless I_P_daily.🤣

Wait, this dude is IP?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#95 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

It is a good move from MS doing this, for families or people who play locally with friends it's a money saver.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Archangel3371

@subspecies: Um yeah, ok sure.

Again though my main point of contention has been your comment about how since support for previous gen controllers hasn’t been a thing before then it shouldn’t be a thing these days. That’s certainly what you inferred in a prior statement and was the thing that I’ve pointed out to you a few times now. However you seem to be dancing around it but it seemed like a pretty cut and dry comment.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 lundy86_4

@subspecies said:

Wait, this dude is IP?

Take a pile of salt with who Tormy claims is an alt. Dude is taking a small hiatus as posted in the Lounge.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@Archangel3371 said:

@subspecies: Um yeah, ok sure.

Again though my main point of contention has been your comment about how since support for previous gen controllers hasn’t been a thing before then it shouldn’t be a thing these days. That’s certainly what you inferred in a prior statement and was the thing that I’ve pointed out to you a few times now. However you seem to be dancing around it but it seemed like a pretty cut and dry comment.

Dude, why are you hung up on that? It was never a thing before. Why expect it now?

But beyond this, the new tech makes expecting it now even more senseless, as said new tech rules out old tech. Hence, non-argument.

Again, why are you hung up on this?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

@lundy86_4 said:
@subspecies said:

Wait, this dude is IP?

Take a pile of salt with who Tormy claims is an alt. Dude is taking a small hiatus as posted in the Lounge.

Yeah I saw that. Seems desmonic freaked him out, lol. I wasn't even thinking this guy was IP to begin with.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 tormentos

@lundy86_4 said:

That wasn't the debate... You seem to confuse this argument with my non-issue with utilizing AA rechargeable batteries over the shitty DS4 battery.

I'll tell you what, make more sense and come back.

The problem here is that people cry when sony doesn't have something when MS lack something they don't care.

All i point out.

In question to the controller is irrelevant,the PS5 comes with a controller,and sony is allowing people to use the DS4 for PS4 games,is not like you can't use it,but for PS5 games i see why sony would not allow it,after all they want developers to take advantage of your features.

The difference is MS did almost nothing to the xbox series X controller.