• 144 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Xbox One - A year in review. Did it have a good year in your opinion (98 votes)

Yes 33%
No 31%
Could have been better 27%
All mouth no trousers 6%
Doesn't matter what they do, I ave a hatered towards tham that I will take to my grave 4%

Taken from Gamespots Xbox a year in review article

Verdict

Everything Microsoft did for Xbox One in 2018 is all well and good if you already own one of the consoles, but it might not have been enough to convince people to go out and buy a new Xbox this year. The Adaptive Controller opens up gaming to a new audience, but since it works with other systems, you don't need to buy an Xbox One to take advantage of its unique design. Despite how good Xbox Game Pass has been in 2018, the heavy hitters--the console exclusives for Microsoft's major IPs--are primarily scheduled for 2019 or beyond. And, as stated before, the studio acquisitions mostly set a stage for future releases that could be years away.

Microsoft spent most of 2018 looking forward. That's great, as it could mean Xbox One has a chance to have a really good 2019 or 2020. But as it stands, 2018 was mostly a repeat of 2017. Microsoft doubled down on its attempts to improve its relationship with its existing player base--and it succeeded--but players were faced with another year where Xbox One doesn't have many exciting exclusives to point to.

The GoodThe Bad
  • Microsoft continues to struggle with delivering more than one or two exciting triple-A console exclusives a year on Xbox One

For me personally I chose an X1X over a PS4 pro as it was the only place I could play FH4 and RDR2 and those games appeal to my gaming taste more than most PS4 exclusives. Although admittedly I would love to play GoW.

Gamepass as well was a big reason I went for an Xbox.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#1 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

You can play all multi and exclusives on PS4, that's why Xbox always struggles. I bet Xbox will sell more when they actually develop some exclusives which made the 360 a pretty good system.

You bought a Xbox before game pass was a thing, buying a xbox doesn't make sense unless you are a die hard loyalist to Microsoft. If you buy PS4 and Xbox, then you can argue it makes sense, if you do not have a gaming PC.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@undefined: ‘Although admittedly I would love to play GoW.’

Umm, you can play Gears of War on an X1X.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

@undefined: ‘Although admittedly I would love to play GoW.’

Umm, you can play Gears of War on an X1X.

Good point. Me and 3 friends had a blast on GoW4 horde mode the other night. As it's on GP it means we all have it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@Random_Matt said:

You can play all multi and exclusives on PS4, that's why Xbox always struggles. I bet Xbox will sell more when they actually develop some exclusives which made the 360 a pretty good system.

You bought a Xbox before game pass was a thing, buying a xbox doesn't make sense unless you are a die hard loyalist to Microsoft. If you buy PS4 and Xbox, then you can argue it makes sense, if you do not have a gaming PC.

You can't play FH4 on PS4 and I don't have a gaming PC good enough to run it. And other that RDR2, FH4 was the game I wanted to play most this year.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

AAAAA+++++

Thank goodness for MS, without them the VG world would be in shambles. :P

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 knight-k
Member since 2005 • 2596 Posts

Why are you lying? You can also play RDR2 on PS4. And the orignal Xbone is the worst place to play RDR2 aka where most lemmings will play the game. The One X gives marginal better grarphics over pro, but if you're a graphics whore you stick with PC gaming.

And Xbone's year was a complete joke. Their E3 was all multiplats, so good for cows. Their AAA offering this year was pathetic even for Xbox standards.

The Xbone keeps getting outsold worldwide and will probably end at 50-60 mil max. Meanwhile PS4 will easily double that.

Only good thing is backwards compatibility. But who cares? New games are the most important.

So no, Xbone is still that shitty watercooler, it's crap and will even end behind Switch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@knight-k said:

Why are you lying? You can also play RDR2 on PS4. And the orignal Xbone is the worst place to play RDR2 aka where most lemmings will play the game. The One X gives marginal better grarphics over pro, but if you're a graphics whore you stick with PC gaming.

And Xbone's year was a complete joke. Their E3 was all multiplats, so good for cows. Their AAA offering this year was pathetic even for Xbox standards.

The Xbone keeps getting outsold worldwide and will probably end at 50-60 mil max. Meanwhile PS4 will easily double that.

Only good thing is backwards compatibility. But who cares? New games are the most important.

So no, Xbone is still that shitty watercooler, it's crap and will even end behind Switch.

You can't play RDR2 'AND' FH4 on the PS4.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@boycie: you can’t play RDR2 on PS4?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@ni6htmare01 said:

@boycie: you can’t play RDR2 on PS4?

I thought the 'and' implied both.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 knight-k

@boycie said:
@knight-k said:

You can't play RDR2 'AND' FH4 on the PS4.

Then only put in FH4 in that sentence.

Grammar 101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@knight-k: but that wouldn’t be true as you can play FH4 on the PC. The only place you can play FH4 AND RDR2 is the Xbox.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

Cows are really slow today!

Avatar image for deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d
deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-60cd6c3d31f6d
Member since 2015 • 745 Posts

Trash since the day it was released.

Excluding ouya and the like this got to be the worst console ever.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@boycie: lol than you can’t play RDR2, GOW, And Marvel Spider-man for Xbox only gamers.. work both way.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

Since the above posters didn't bother actually putting any efforts into their post, guess I'll give out my own opinion on Xbox One.

I voted "Could have been better" and for better or worse, I do agree on the Bad: "Microsoft continues to struggle with delivering more than one or two exciting triple-A console exclusives a year on Xbox One" but at the end of the day, I see MS is really working hard satisfying their fans as much as they can now. I think Xbox One had a good year in 2018 only because they release Forza Horizon 4 in my opinion is very well optimized and one of the better MS exclusive games I enjoy but was disappointed in Sea of Thieves but also had fun with State of Decay 2. Game Pass & Xbox Play Anywhere is the true star for MS and MS supporting PC continues to shine but for the console itself, not much to say on it. All this said and done, Xbox One still has a long way to go before this gen is over.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

Yeah I thought they had a pretty good year myself. The Xbox One X is an excellent system, the adaptive controller is a very cool and inclusive device, and they’ve created/acquired some great developers which bodes very well for the future. I’ve been quite happy with the Xbox One and Microsoft as a whole and am very much looking forward to their next system.

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#21 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Ive turned the Xbox on a fair amount, so its doing something right for multiplats. Solid grade "C" for this year. Now MS just needs to give people that don't have one a reason to buy one.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 knight-k

@sts106mat said:
@boycie said:

@knight-k: but that wouldn’t be true as you can play FH4 on the PC. The only place you can play FH4 AND RDR2 is the Xbox.

Cows owned again.

Boycie giving out free power takedowns...

come get yours cows!

Lol, lemming damage control squad assembled I see. It's a shitty constructed, confusing sentence.

On topic: When are you going to give me the official sales numbers and all of those great AAA exclusives Xbone got this year lemming?

"bu..bu..xbone had great yeaaar!!'

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@knight-k: why are you so angry?

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 knight-k

@claireredfield said:
@knight-k said:

Why are you lying? You can also play RDR2 on PS4. And the orignal Xbone is the worst place to play RDR2 aka where most lemmings will play the game. The One X gives marginal better grarphics over pro.

This isn't accurate, the Pro version of the game is arguably the worst image output overall. While Xbox One is lower resolution it's a native render which retains better IQ even if slightly blurry. The Pro's "checkerboard" rendering implementation for the game is botched, it doubles pixels on the vertical axis which stairsteps and dithers the entire image, it looks terrible.

The Xbox One X version is not marginally better, it's dramatically better. It's a native 4K render pushing 100% more pixels than the Pro also while offering more stable performance. Why even try to misrepresent what is clearly obvious? You're not fooling people.

In theory yeah, but in practice, the PRO is more than enough to get a good RDR2 experience and not uplayable like you lemmings make it out to be.

Let's talk about a real shit RDR2 experience. The original Xbone, you know the console that most lemmings own and will experience RDR2 on.

Keep up with the damage control though, and let me know when you get a noteworthy AAA exclusive.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Archangel3371

@boycie: You can tell they had a good year because the cows are so triggered. ?

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Xbox one X should have come out earlier in it's cycle. Most people like me wouldn't mind one, but would rather hold off for a year or two and just get the new Xbox.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 knight-k

@boycie said:

So lemming, you can't answer easy questions (we know why) so now you resort to pathetic ad hominems?

Lol "bu..bu..ww..why u so angry?"

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@claireredfield: Let's he honest, it's not a dramatic difference. The average person won't notice it. Lems act like One X differences are night and day to get revenge for the early and middle parts of this generation. There's no dramatic difference from 1080p and 900p, Cows just wanted get back for the PS3 /360 era. The difference between Pro and One X isn't worth the extra money with next gen coming. 100 percent more pixels means nothing when you consider dimenishing returns. 4k doesn't look like a big upgrade to 2k, 8k will look like less of an upgrade over 4k despite having an even bigger pixel upgrade. How much clearer can you get over crystal clear? One thing you can't refute is that PS4 has a better library, pretty sure that matters more.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Which banned user does the new alt belong to?

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@Archangel3371: Naw, more like Lems like to spin anything into a positive. Sea of Thieves and Forza game #37 isn't a good year no matter how much you guys try to spin. Calling you guys out on your BS doesn't mean anyone is triggered. PS4 has better games, sales, graphics (exclusives look better than anything on One X, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, etc), generational impact, more players online, etc. Everyone sees past your fake satisfaction of Xbox One. You guys wouldn't hide behind One X(a console 95 percent of lemmings don't own) so much if you guys were really happy with what MS offered this gen. Resolution is all Xbox fans talk about. At least Sony fans argument early in this gen in addition to resolution was that great games were coming given Sonys track record.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

The copious mountains of Salt here is proof Xbox Won.

Good stuff. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5c18005f903a1

@knight-k said:
@boycie said:

So lemming, you can't answer easy questions (we know why) so now you resort to pathetic ad hominems?

Lol "bu..bu..ww..why u so angry?"

I can't answer your question as MS doesn't release sales figures, we all know this. It's shitty of MS but it is what it is.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 knight-k

@claireredfield said:
@knight-k said:
@claireredfield said:
@knight-k said:

Why are you lying? You can also play RDR2 on PS4. And the orignal Xbone is the worst place to play RDR2 aka where most lemmings will play the game. The One X gives marginal better grarphics over pro.

This isn't accurate, the Pro version of the game is arguably the worst image output overall. While Xbox One is lower resolution it's a native render which retains better IQ even if slightly blurry. The Pro's "checkerboard" rendering implementation for the game is botched, it doubles pixels on the vertical axis which stairsteps and dithers the entire image, it looks terrible.

The Xbox One X version is not marginally better, it's dramatically better. It's a native 4K render pushing 100% more pixels than the Pro also while offering more stable performance. Why even try to misrepresent what is clearly obvious? You're not fooling people.

In theory yeah, but in practice, the PRO is more than enough to get a good RDR2 experience and not uplayable like you lemmings make it out to be.

Let's talk about a real shit RDR2 experience. The original Xbone, you know the console that most lemmings own and will experience RDR2 on.

Keep up with the damage control though, and let me know when you get a noteworthy AAA exclusive.

No one said it's unplayable, however it's arguably the worst looking version of the game relative to its intended display technology and output format. 2560x1440 would be a better looking render than what's being delivered by far, 1080p on the base system reasonably is.

On a 1080p display RDR2 looks better via an Xbox One than it does on the Pro via a 4K display. It's just flat out and plainly horrible execution at image reconstruction. No one should be shocked though, it's Rockstar's first time trying it.

You keep talking about damage control, well you're the only party in this conversation in a position of damage and as such you're currently trying to control it. There's very little to say beyond that, the Pro version is the only categorically botched and flawed release of the game.

@Sagemode87 said:

@claireredfield: Let's he honest, it's not a dramatic difference. The average person won't notice it. Lems act like One X differences are night and day to get revenge for the early and middle parts of this generation. There's no dramatic difference from 1080p and 900p, Cows just wanted get back for the PS3 /360 era. The difference between Pro and One X isn't worth the extra money with next gen coming. 100 percent more pixels means nothing when you consider dimenishing returns. 4k doesn't look like a big upgrade to 2k, 8k will look like less of an upgrade over 4k despite having an even bigger pixel upgrade. How much clearer can you get over crystal clear? One thing you can't refute is that PS4 has a better library, pretty sure that matters more.

This reads like someone who has zero experiences with these devices in a shared play environment. Very one system owner speak without the luxury of personal use and comparison. You're wrong is what I'm getting to.

Uhuh and what's the cost of the Xbone X vs the PRO? Would be quite sad if it wasn't stronger.

But nice try deflecting my comment about the real shit RDR2 experience. The original Xbone. Again, most lemmings will play it on the original Xbone, not the X. So most lemmings will experience the worst RDR2 version.

Lol and why the fck are we still talking about RDR2? If this is the greatest accomplishment of the Xbone (X) this year...my god lemmings have fallen...

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

While Cows try to hijack the thread with failed grammar accusations, it's been a damned good year for Xbox. Nowhere else have games looked and played better than x1x. Features like proper 4k, Dolby Atmos, Dolby vision. Games like pubg, fh4 and the ever improving sot. Gamepass, BC and play anywhere. Apps like Kodi and VLC.

Ps4 has had two good exclusives this year and little else, while support and online stability continue to come in 2nd place. Hell, there still isn't a good exclusive FPS to play on PS4.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By knight-k

@sealionact said:

While Cows try to hijack the thread with failed grammar accusations, it's been a damned good year for Xbox. Nowhere else have games looked and played better than x1x. Features like proper 4k, Dolby Atmos, Dolby vision. Games like pubg, fh4 and the ever improving sot. Gamepass, BC and play anywhere. Apps like Kodi and VLC.

Ps4 has had two good exclusives this year and little else, while support and online stability continue to come in 2nd place. Hell, there still isn't a good exclusive FPS to play on PS4.

LOL so lemmings are happy with shitty apps now? LMFAO!

Cows: "where are the games?"

Lemmings:"...bu..bu..look at all of those APPS COWZZZZ!!! Stop talking bout xclusivezzz!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!"

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#37  Edited By Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2949 Posts

Got all the usual multiplats

MGS 2 + 3 B/C

Forza Horizon 4

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Several months of Game Pass for a dollar

It was pretty good.

Also I feel like an update fixed the streaming which now works pretty well streaming games to your computer.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Archangel3371

@Sagemode87: The fact that you simply throw out Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4, to which you also throw in some ridiculous hyperbolic number for its sequel status, while completely ignoring all the other things Microsoft has been doing well just further accentuates how triggered cows are.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 knight-k

@Archangel3371 said:

@Sagemode87: The fact that you simply throw out Sea of Thieves and Forza Horizon 4, to which you also throw in some ridiculous hyperbolic number for its sequel status, while completely ignoring all the other things Microsoft has been doing well just further accentuates how triggered cows are.

I'll give MS a thumbs up for buying the failing Obsidian.

But we all know what MS did with RARE....

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7233 Posts

I don't necessarily think sea ignore thieves was a bad game if another AAA was released in the year. Forza Horizon 4 was great and state of decay 2 just ok nothing special but I didn't expect anything magical given the budget. Out of 10 i would say a 4.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@knight-k said:
@Archangel3371 said:

I'll give MS a thumbs up for buying the failing Obsidian.

But we all know what MS did with RARE....

That's dumb Sea of Thieves is because MS let Rare do there own thing.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 knight-k

@claireredfield said:
@knight-k said:
@claireredfield said:
@knight-k said:

No one said it's unplayable, however it's arguably the worst looking version of the game relative to its intended display technology and output format. 2560x1440 would be a better looking render than what's being delivered by far, 1080p on the base system reasonably is.

On a 1080p display RDR2 looks better via an Xbox One than it does on the Pro via a 4K display. It's just flat out and plainly horrible execution at image reconstruction. No one should be shocked though, it's Rockstar's first time trying it.

You keep talking about damage control, well you're the only party in this conversation in a position of damage and as such you're currently trying to control it. There's very little to say beyond that, the Pro version is the only categorically botched and flawed release of the game.

Uhuh and what's the cost of the Xbone X vs the PRO? Would be quite sad if it wasn't stronger.

But nice try deflecting my comment about the real shit RDR2 experience. The original Xbone. Again, most lemmings will play it on the original Xbone, not the X. So most lemmings will experience the worst RDR2 version.

Lol and why the fck are we still talking about RDR2? If this is the greatest accomplishment of the Xbone (X) this year...my god lemmings have fallen...

$500 vs. $400, a 20% cost difference resulting in an average 80%+ rendering capability surplus. Not to mention it's smaller, quieter, runs cooler, has 1440p output support, has FreeSync support, Atmos, a UHD Bluray player, and it adds 16x AF to any game that's not enhanced. It's not just a performance differential, there's a lot more going on.

I didn't deflect, I directly addressed what you said and countered it. Is reading an issue for you?

Every game operation on the X is an accomplishment, it shutters the Pro across the board in dramatic fashion.

Again, sounds nice in theory but in practice it's a marginal difference for the average gamer. 100 bucks more for that? LOL, if you're such a graphics whore why not buy a PC and hope R* ports it.

So you acknowledge most Xbox players will play the inferior version of RDR2 since most own an orignal Xbone and not a X?

Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts

#

@knight-k said:
@claireredfield said:
@knight-k said:
@claireredfield said:
@knight-k said:

$500 vs. $400, a 20% cost difference resulting in an average 80%+ rendering capability surplus. Not to mention it's smaller, quieter, runs cooler, has 1440p output support, has FreeSync support, Atmos, a UHD Bluray player, and it adds 16x AF to any game that's not enhanced. It's not just a performance differential, there's a lot more going on.

I didn't deflect, I directly addressed what you said and countered it. Is reading an issue for you?

Every game operation on the X is an accomplishment, it shutters the Pro across the board in dramatic fashion.

Again, sounds nice in theory but in practice it's a marginal difference for the average gamer. 100 bucks more for that? LOL, if you're such a graphics whore why not buy a PC and hope R* ports it.

So you acknowledge most Xbox players will play the inferior version of RDR2 since most own an orignal Xbone and not a X?

Lems have the option of getting the best version of RDR2(and really almost all multiplats), Cows do not.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50558 Posts

didn't entice me at all with games so no bueno for me.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 knight-k

@Steppy_76 said:

#

@knight-k said:
@claireredfield said:
@knight-k said:
@claireredfield said:

Lems have the option of getting the best version of RDR2(and really almost all multiplats), Cows do not.

If they invest 500 dollars yeah. Meawhile get no new AAA exclusives. LOL

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@knight-k: Of course I'm happy! IPTV on my Xbox rocks! Having vastly better versions of games helps too of course, but I guess until you experience it, you'll be happy with ps faux.

knight-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 knight-k

@claireredfield said:
@knight-k said:
@claireredfield said:

You keep saying marginal and now you're saying in theory. It's not marginal by any stretch of the imagination and in practice it demolishes its competition. That's not up for debate. Those are just facts, 80%+ resolution gains are not marginal, in practice the IQ is substantially better.

You're cracking at the seams, ignoring major system aspects that are better and dragging PC into the fray as a feeble attempt to scapegoat the conversation and invalidate the gravity of substantial difference with these consoles.

Again, you're ignoring what was previously said in relation to the Pro version so you can run with base Xbox One even in light of what was said about it. The entire sum of your posts is a nothing burger.

You're hyperbole is amusing. For the average gamer the difference isn't that crazy as you make it seem to be, simple as that. Again most lemmings will play the inferior version on the original Xbone, weird how you're not acknowledging that fact huh lemming?