Xbox One - A year in review. Did it have a good year in your opinion

• 144 results
Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) 6 months, 13 days ago

Poll: Xbox One - A year in review. Did it have a good year in your opinion (98 votes)

Yes 33%
No 31%
Could have been better 27%
All mouth no trousers 6%
Doesn't matter what they do, I ave a hatered towards tham that I will take to my grave 4%

Taken from Gamespots Xbox a year in review article

Verdict

Everything Microsoft did for Xbox One in 2018 is all well and good if you already own one of the consoles, but it might not have been enough to convince people to go out and buy a new Xbox this year. The Adaptive Controller opens up gaming to a new audience, but since it works with other systems, you don't need to buy an Xbox One to take advantage of its unique design. Despite how good Xbox Game Pass has been in 2018, the heavy hitters--the console exclusives for Microsoft's major IPs--are primarily scheduled for 2019 or beyond. And, as stated before, the studio acquisitions mostly set a stage for future releases that could be years away.

Microsoft spent most of 2018 looking forward. That's great, as it could mean Xbox One has a chance to have a really good 2019 or 2020. But as it stands, 2018 was mostly a repeat of 2017. Microsoft doubled down on its attempts to improve its relationship with its existing player base--and it succeeded--but players were faced with another year where Xbox One doesn't have many exciting exclusives to point to.

The GoodThe Bad
  • Microsoft continues to struggle with delivering more than one or two exciting triple-A console exclusives a year on Xbox One

For me personally I chose an X1X over a PS4 pro as it was the only place I could play FH4 and RDR2 and those games appeal to my gaming taste more than most PS4 exclusives. Although admittedly I would love to play GoW.

Gamepass as well was a big reason I went for an Xbox.

#101 Posted by sealionact (3881 posts) -

@knight-k: Learn to read threads Quack. I asked you to tell me what I was missing when I said there were three games I'd want from ps4. Memory going? Or are all your alts confusing you? I offered a debate, and you went into hiding again.

"PS4 has 3 games that I would buy if they were on Xbox; Spiderman, GOW and Last of us. If the tables were reversed, I'd buy Ori, Cuphead, FH4, Gears 4 and Halo 5"

Boom indeed.

#102 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@sealionact said:

@knight-k: Learn to read threads Quack. I asked you to tell me what I was missing when I said there were three games I'd want from ps4. Memory going? Or are all your alts confusing you? I offered a debate, and you went into hiding again.

"PS4 has 3 games that I would buy if they were on Xbox; Spiderman, GOW and Last of us. If the tables were reversed, I'd buy Ori, Cuphead, FH4, Gears 4 and Halo 5"

Boom indeed.

What is there to debate Pedro? PS4 offers more quality exclusives than Xbone and yet you still cling to Xbox One like the blind fanboy that you are.

Keep on coping though, PS4 won, come back when Xbox one has an exclusive worth bragging about. We didn't forget Sea of Thieves flopping lemming and we won't forget when crackdown 3 will also flop.

#103 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@sealionact said:

Boom indeed.

What is there to debate Pedro? PS4 offers more quality exclusives than Xbone and yet you still cling to Xbox One like the blind fanboy that you are.

Keep on coping though, PS4 won, come back when Xbox one has an exclusive worth bragging about. We didn't forget Sea of Thieves flopping lemming and we won't forget when crackdown 3 will also flop.

NO but Detroit did and Days Gone and Dreams look set to flop as well.

#104 Edited by tgob89 (2153 posts) -

@sealionact said:

@tgob89: You spend so much time raging, you forget that you already replied to me when I said;

There isn't one decent FPS exclusive to PS4, and no rivalry when it comes to racers. How inane are you when you are arguing with someone's personal preference?

2 of your 5 xbox games are 2d side scrolling indie titles...high standards you have there for your favorite platform...reaching aren't ya?

You can like what you want but your standards are clearly not the same for both platforms.

Apparently only high quality AAA games from Sony can quality, but even indie and AA (neither Gears 4 nor Halo 5 are AAA titles on GS or MC) quality games from MS are good enough for you. tsk tsk

It's not about personal preference, it's about isolating the flaw in your overall argument. You're not consistent so it's clear you're opinion is operating of a fanboy basis. Most reasonable people are not going to look thought your fanboy tinted glasses to give xbox one crutches compared to the PS4 lineup.

You wouldn't want to see what a list of good indie and AA quality PS4 titles look like compared to your xbox one list where you added them in to fluff the number over the PS4 list which were only high quality AAA titles.

#105 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@boycie said:
@knight-k said:
@sealionact said:

Boom indeed.

Detroit is still good IMO, a 7 isn't a hard flop like Sea of Thieves.

And the rest can turn out to be good, we'll see. Anyway the best game of this gen still has to release, TLOU2.

#106 Posted by Zappat (1595 posts) -
@tgob89 said:

You wouldn't want to see what a list of good indie and AA quality PS4 titles look like compared to your xbox one list where you added them in to fluff the number over the PS4 list which were only high quality AAA titles.

This is true, lemmings selectively choose games and arguments to justify their choice. The PS4 has like 200 more games than the Xbox on Metacritic with a score of 75+ but of course lemmings will ignore all those and avoid them like the plague. Another argument that exposes their cognitive dissonance is when they call PSN shit compared to Live when both services are practically equivalent. If one is shit the other is too, the difference is very small to claim that one is vastly superior than the other yet they keep repeating that to themselves because they're insecure about their purchase.

#107 Edited by tgob89 (2153 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@boycie said:

Detroit is still good IMO, a 7 isn't a hard flop like Sea of Thieves.

And the rest can turn out to be good, we'll see. Anyway the best game of this gen still has to release, TLOU2.

Days gone could flop...and may still end up far better than any game MS released for Xbox in the last 3 years.

PS4 exclusives aren't even judged on the same standards as normal games they're judged compared to other PS4 exclusives.

PS4 games have to move mountains and split the sea or they may be considered mediocre even if they are otherwise great games. MS, on the other hand, gets applause for xbox games if they're released and simply work properly.

The scrutiny and prestige reserved for regarding exclusive games as special has left MS game studios. No one expects anything great from MS so if they simply do a good game they may get more praise than a Sony flop of the same quality.

Days gone biggest problem may be base PS4 hardware.

#108 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@knight-k: I loved TloU so if the second is as good I’ll pick up a PS4 at some point to play that

#109 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@boycie said:

@knight-k: I loved TloU so if the second is as good I’ll pick up a PS4 at some point to play that

Great, time to sell the paperweight that is your Xbox One and join the dark side.

#110 Posted by tgob89 (2153 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@boycie said:

Great, time to sell the paperweight that is your Xbox One and join the dark side.

He'll 100% get a PS5, he'll hang on to his XboneX til then.

#111 Edited by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@tgob89 said:
@knight-k said:
@boycie said:

He'll 100% get a PS5, he'll hang on to his XboneX til then.

Good strategy too, PS4 will be BC with PS4 anyway.

#112 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@knight-k: no, I’d still keep my Xbox for playing against friends and family online. FH4 against them over the last few weeks has been a blast.

#113 Edited by Fuhrer_D (864 posts) -

@kylomen said:

I think it did poorly this year since the Xbox focus wasn't on exclusive games but it's main focus have been only pandering white males & patriotism/nationalism. Pander to your white male audience but at least have some exclusive for them buy.

Wait what, you mean they weren't trying to service me (a black guy) this year? Man, I was swindled.

#114 Posted by Fuhrer_D (864 posts) -

@tgob89 said:
@sealionact said:

@tgob89: You spend so much time raging, you forget that you already replied to me when I said;

There isn't one decent FPS exclusive to PS4, and no rivalry when it comes to racers. How inane are you when you are arguing with someone's personal preference?

2 of your 5 xbox games are 2d side scrolling indie titles...high standards you have there for your favorite platform...reaching aren't ya?

You can like what you want but your standards are clearly not the same for both platforms.

Apparently only high quality AAA games from Sony can quality, but even indie and AA (neither Gears 4 nor Halo 5 are AAA titles on GS or MC) quality games from MS are good enough for you. tsk tsk

It's not about personal preference, it's about isolating the flaw in your overall argument. You're not consistent so it's clear you're opinion is operating of a fanboy basis. Most reasonable people are not going to look thought your fanboy tinted glasses to give xbox one crutches compared to the PS4 lineup.

Good games are good games, and isn't playing good games the point? Seems he stated that if he had a PS4 and those games where on the PS4, he'd still consider them good games. How are you completely missing that point?

#115 Posted by Fuhrer_D (864 posts) -

For me it had a good year. The main games I played where FH4, Red Dead 2, Monster Hunter World, and State of Decay 2; I had over 100 hours in each, closer to 200. Played 30 or so hours of Sea of Thieves, great game for jumping in doing nothing but sailing, but I enjoy sailing in real life, and there are special moments here and there. The end of the year looks good with Ashen already dropping in Game Pass, with Below and Hellblade to come. Speaking of Game Pass, because of it, I played a bit of a bunch of games to fill the urge of trying something new and random; all of which cost me nothing but using Bing.

If what I listed is a bad year of gaming, then you probably don't like videogames and are more interested in arguing over them.

#116 Posted by sealionact (3881 posts) -

@tgob89: "2 of your 5 xbox games are 2d side scrolling indie titles...high standards you have there for your favorite platform...reaching aren't ya?"

And 3 of them aren't. Your point? That Ori and Cuphead should have been 3d games in order for them to be good?

Wow.

They are games I would want on PS4, which was my point. Good shooters like Resogun or cuphead are 2d, regardless of what platform they are on - you don't regard them as good, because they're not on PS4....kinda weak argument in my view.

There's just so much more for me on Xbox, and when I add controller preference, with options like the elite....well, I repeat; there's 3 games I'd want from PS4. Nothing else.

#117 Edited by tgob89 (2153 posts) -

@Fuhrer_D said:
@tgob89 said:

Good games are good games, and isn't playing good games the point? Seems he stated that if he had a PS4 and those games where on the PS4, he'd still consider them good games. How are you completely missing that point?

There is not point you fool because PS4 has many games of that caliber and style he listed for Xbox one but will only consider mentioning the highest level GOTY contender AAA caliber PS4 exclusives.

You don't have a point to step in to damage control for him because I could start listing other indie and AA games on the same level and your only response could be he doesn't like them (even though he hasn't played them).

Yes good games are good games...however it's funny that PS4 games have to be exceptional AAA caliber before gaining a nomination.

LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU...

His Xbox nominations other than Forza Horizon 4 which is AAA MC

Indie level..X1

Ori and the Blind Forest = 2d indie, 88 MC

Cuphead = 2d indie, 86 MC

AAA level...X1

Halo 5 = AAA title, 84 MC

Gears 4 = AAA title, 84 MC

^ that's it....Let me use a comparable group of unlisted PS4 games.

indie level...PS4

Undertale = 2d indie, 92** MC

Journey = 3d indie 92** MC

Celeste = 2d indie, 91** MC

AAA level...PS4

Persona 5 = AAA title, 92** MC

Bloodborne = AAA title, 92** MC

Uncharted 4 = AAA title, 93** MC

Why look at that! PS4 list suddenly is not only bigger it's also higher quality.

Our 2nd tier indie games that we don't even use to promote our system are higher rated than the games xbox fans use as their primary ammo compare to our main line up.

I didn't even bother listing our games in the 80's area on MC because i'd honestly be too much of a hassle.

The AAA PS4 games listed aren't even games we really argue with anymore because we are constantly getting new quality AAA games on PS4...but the indie games are on the level of games he added to the xbox list while disregarding the same type available on PS4.

Any more white knighting?

#118 Posted by tgob89 (2153 posts) -

@sealionact said:

@tgob89: "2 of your 5 xbox games are 2d side scrolling indie titles...high standards you have there for your favorite platform...reaching aren't ya?"

And 3 of them aren't. Your point? That Ori and Cuphead should have been 3d games in order for them to be good?

Wow.

They are games I would want on PS4, which was my point. Good shooters like Resogun or cuphead are 2d, regardless of what platform they are on - you don't regard them as good, because they're not on PS4....kinda weak argument in my view.

There's just so much more for me on Xbox, and when I add controller preference, with options like the elite....well, I repeat; there's 3 games I'd want from PS4. Nothing else.

Your Xbox nominations other than Forza Horizon 4 which is AAA MC

Indie level..X1

AAA level...X1

indie level...PS4

AAA level...PS4

Why look at that! PS4 list suddenly is not only bigger it's also higher quality. Your argument boils down to your fanboyism...Kinda weak argument in my view!

Next excuse...

#119 Posted by Zappat (1595 posts) -

@tgob89: To be fair Celeste is also on X1 I believe. But the PS4 also has Rez Infinite, Astrobot, Tetris Effect and Nex Machina for example which all higher scores than those indies he listed.

#120 Posted by sealionact (3881 posts) -
@tgob89 said:
@sealionact said:

Wow.

Your Xbox nominations other than Forza Horizon 4 which is AAA MC

Indie level..X1

AAA level...X1

indie level...PS4

AAA level...PS4

Why look at that! PS4 list suddenly is not only bigger it's also higher quality. Your argument boils down to your fanboyism...Kinda weak argument in my view!

Next excuse...

Lol ... you bringing up ps3 games like Journey, Celeste - which is also on X1, and a game like Undertale which is at 6.5 user score is pretty desperate.
None of those games appeal to me, especially niche jrpg crap like persona 5. UC4 was fun for a couple of hours, like most Sony SP games....no replayability, and not a game that I miss on X1.

You're getting so confused, you're now claiming multiplats are PS exclusives ..... if you really want to go to the effort of doing research to negate my reasoning, at least do it right.

#121 Posted by sealionact (3881 posts) -
@zappat said:

@tgob89: To be fair Celeste is also on X1 I believe. But the PS4 also has Rez Infinite, Astrobot, Tetris Effect and Nex Machina for example which all higher scores than those indies he listed.

Talk about whiteknighting.

I honestly have never played any of those, and maybe I'd love them ... who knows. My point - yet again - was that Spiderman, Last of us, and GOW were the three games that I'd want to have on Xbox. I've played them all, and rate them highly. The last thing I do is look at MC reviews to decide if I want a game or not, and it has nothing to do with whether or not I'd like them.

#122 Edited by tgob89 (2153 posts) -

@sealionact said:

Lol ... you bringing up ps3 games like Journey, Celeste - which is also on X1, and a game like Undertale which is at 6.5 user score is pretty desperate.

None of those games appeal to me, especially niche jrpg crap like persona 5. UC4 was fun for a couple of hours, like most Sony SP games....no replayability, and not a game that I miss on X1.

You're getting so confused, you're now claiming multiplats are PS exclusives ..... if you really want to go to the effort of doing research to negate my reasoning, at least do it right.

LMAO...I didn't "bring" up anything. I was showing you PS4 has the same caliber of games YOU used on your xbox list and are in fact higher quality.

FYI there are dozens of similar quality games I could list for PS4 which xbox doesn't have which are the same category of the games you listed for xbox with similar scores and can easily be substituted...

for example scratch Celeste and add Nex Machina: Death Machine = top down indie shooter 88MC!

Loading Video...

Boom. What are your excuses now? I could keep going too...

Talk about being desperate and looking for reasons to nitpick talking about user score, I would NEVER have even used these games if not to point out to you that PS4 has the same type of games you DESPERATELY list for xbox to fluff it's list.

We don't even use these games to prop up PS4's library.

Good games are good games but no one buys consoles for hundreds of dollars to play 2d indie games THAT'S the point. You're desperate and trying to crutch the xbone list.

Your xbox1 list was scrapping the bottom of the barrel because you don't have any quality AAA games to list for your beloved system.

#123 Posted by Fedor (4899 posts) -

5/10 year. FH4 saved them from having one of the worst years of all time.

#124 Edited by sealionact (3881 posts) -

@tgob89: You're getting yourself all worked up aren't you? I'm sure many people would like nex, it just looks to frantic for me.....bit like Resogun.

You could keep going, and you probably will. Keep going, maybe you change my mind...but so far, your arguments have been based on MC scores instead of personal preference. I guess if everyone had your point of view, nobody would buy an xbox, pc or a switch....thankfully that's not the case.

I mean, imagine everybody having a sucky controller with a 5 hour battery life, with a useless energy sapping light that we can't turn off?

#125 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@fedor said:

5/10 year. FH4 saved them from having one of the worst years of all time.

How would it have been one of the worst years of all time when the X1 had access to 98% if the same games as the PS4.

#126 Edited by Fedor (4899 posts) -

@boycie: While I doubt the 98% number, its exclusive titles that seperate the consoles. Without FH4 (which is a fantastic title) the MS exclusive titles were highly lacking in quality. Therefore 5/10. Without FH4 I would have viewed 2018 as disastrous for MS/xbox.

Edit: smart decision deleting your post to me in the other thread.

#127 Edited by tgob89 (2153 posts) -

@fedor said:

@boycie: While I doubt the 98% number, its exclusive titles that seperate the consoles. Without FH4 (which is a fantastic title) the MS exclusive titles were highly lacking in quality. Therefore 5/10. Without FH4 I would have viewed 2018 as disastrous for MS/xbox.

2018 is a slightly better 2017 for MS which WAS called the worst year in xbox history, so you're not off the mark with your estimation of Xbox at all.

And lol at boycie with his BS 98% number he pulled out his popper. All the high quality games not called Red Dead Redimption 2 and Forza are missing from Xbox's library. If you don't have a xbox one you only miss out on Forza Horizon...that's it, just 1 game.

PS4 on the other hand had a metric ton of high quality AA and AAA games that are not available on xbone for 2018.

#128 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@tgob89 said:
@fedor said:

2018 is a slightly better 2017 for MS which WAS called the worst year in xbox history, so you're not off the mark with your estimation of Xbox at all.

And lol at boycie with his BS 98% number he pulled out his popper. All the high quality games not called Red Dead Redimption 2 and Forza are missing from Xbox's library. If you don't have a xbox one you only miss out on Forza Horizon...that's it, just 1.

PS4 on the other hand had a metric ton of high quality AA and AAA games that are not available on xbone for 2018.

RDR and FH4 are all I'm really that interested in playing though. And what is the only device I can play BOTH of those games on.

#129 Posted by Fedor (4899 posts) -

@boycie: You're only interested in 2 games? Well Xbox was probably a 10 for you then.

#130 Posted by tgob89 (2153 posts) -

@boycie said:
@tgob89 said:
@fedor said:

And lol at boycie with his BS 98% number he pulled out his popper. All the high quality games not called Red Dead Redimption 2 and Forza are missing from Xbox's library. If you don't have a xbox one you only miss out on Forza Horizon...that's it, just 1.

RDR and FH4 are all I'm really that interested in playing though. And what is the only device I can play BOTH of those games on.

That's great man and I'm happy for you but, most people want a bit more for their money than the bare minimum from their primary platform provider homie.

#131 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@fedor said:

@boycie: You're only interested in 2 games? Well Xbox was probably a 10 for you then.

Between work and family I don't get a lot of time to game and those 2 will keep me busy for months. Just like BotW and SMO did.

#132 Edited by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@tgob89 said:
@boycie said:
@tgob89 said:
@fedor said:

That's great man and I'm happy for you but, most people want a bit more for their money than the bare minimum from their primary platform provider homie.

How is RDR2 and FH4 the bare minimum?

#133 Posted by Fuhrer_D (864 posts) -

@tgob89: Lol, no white knighting, just pointing out that you are wrong on his position. He didn't state the PS4 was bad, in fact, he stated that there are games that interested him, that he would pick up if they were on the Xbox. Then stated that if the tables were turned, he want certain games from the Xbox line up on the PS4. Does that speak to the entire catalogue of either console, nope; but for some reason you see it as a referendum on each platform, which is beyond silly. I guess you are one of those this end or that end of the spectrum guy and nothing in between.

#134 Posted by Fuhrer_D (864 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@SecretPolice said:
@kuu2 said:

The X still driving people wild.

@tgob89 said:
@sealionact said:

oom, nothing more to say. He doesn't care about facts. Anyway expect him to begin about "services and apps" now... LOL, how lemmings have fallen

Services and apps is actually what changed me from a PS3 person last gen to a Xbox One person this gen. I found last gen that while I enjoyed some of the exclusives (Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, M.A.G favorites of last gen), I didn't care for most (Uncharted, Last of Us, Infamous), I put far more hours into multiplatform games (which were worse on the PS3 but fine for me), so game wise its really a wash. So in the end it came down to, like last gen, which platform did the most, and gave me the best bang for my buck, that happen to be the Xbox this time around, which has only grown in strength (Microsoft Rewards, Game Pass, Play Anywhere).

#135 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@Fuhrer_D said:
@knight-k said:
@SecretPolice said:
@kuu2 said:

@tgob89 said:
@sealionact said:

oom, nothing more to say. He doesn't care about facts. Anyway expect him to begin about "services and apps" now... LOL, how lemmings have fallen

Services and apps is actually what changed me from a PS3 person last gen to a Xbox One person this gen. I found last gen that while I enjoyed some of the exclusives (Demon's Souls, Valkyria Chronicles, M.A.G favorites of last gen), I didn't care for most (Uncharted, Last of Us, Infamous), I put far more hours into multiplatform games (which were worse on the PS3 but fine for me), so game wise its really a wash. So in the end it came down to, like last gen, which platform did the most, and gave me the best bang for my buck, that happen to be the Xbox this time around, which has only grown in strength (Microsoft Rewards, Game Pass, Play Anywhere).

But PS4 was cheaper and stronger, the best version of multiplats were on PS4. (not talking about one X or pro)

And services are on par with PS4 outside of BC. And Xbone has almost no exclusives, or actually none at all since you can play the superior version on PC.

Really no logic in buying Xbone over PS4

#136 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@Fuhrer_D said:
@knight-k said:
@SecretPolice said:
@kuu2 said:

@tgob89 said:
@sealionact said:

But PS4 was cheaper and stronger, the best version of multiplats were on PS4. (not talking about one X or pro)

And services are on par with PS4 outside of BC. And Xbone has almost no exclusives, or actually none at all since you can play the superior version on PC.

Really no logic in buying Xbone over PS4 (if you own a gaming PC).

Fixed for you.

#137 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@boycie said:
@knight-k said:
@Fuhrer_D said:
@knight-k said:
@SecretPolice said:
@tgob89 said:

Really no logic in buying Xbone over PS4 (if you own a gaming PC).

Fixed for you.

No, still stands. Without PC, PS4 is still BY FAR the best and most logical choice.

Srsly, you have to be a HUGE forza fan if you choose Xbone over PS4. (even then you're better off with a PC)

#138 Posted by sealionact (3881 posts) -

@knight-k: Services are not on a par. If they are, please explain how...because I definitely don't see it.

#139 Edited by tgob89 (2153 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@Fuhrer_D said:
@knight-k said:
@SecretPolice said:
@tgob89 said:

THIS

@Fuhrer_D said:

Services and apps is actually what changed me from a PS3 person last gen to a Xbox One person this gen....

So in the end it came down to, like last gen, which platform did the most, and gave me the best bang for my buck, that happen to be the Xbox this time around, which has only grown in strength (Microsoft Rewards, Game Pass, Play Anywhere).

Xbox one launched at $500 with inferior power and had/has less multiplatform games that you love!!! GTFOH

Yeah, the fanboy makes no sense, he can't use the X1X as a crutch to his argument becaue he already said he made his choice coming off the PS3...when it's clear the PS4 launched with EVERY advantage he's claiming he wanted that the 360 offered PLUS higher quality exclusives on top.

Lemmings always stay stupid shit because there is no logical way to defend their nonsense.

The guy says the games were a wash when 360 offered 0 GOTY caliber titles and neither does Xbox one, FOH.

coming off PS3...

PS4 = most multiplats, better multiplats, cheaper launch price and Guaranteed higher quality exclusive output.

Tried to hype multiplats for xbox which PS4 also has to give xbox a win for basically doing NOTHING better than PS4 while PS4 has all of those multiplats plus the highest quality exclusives in the industry.

Make sense lemming!

#140 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@sealionact said:

@knight-k: Services are not on a par. If they are, please explain how...because I definitely don't see it.

Only BC is better on Xbone. The rest is just as good.

#141 Posted by sealionact (3881 posts) -

@knight-k: You regard psnow as good as gamepass? Play anywhere? Is PSN as stable and as fast as live? Can you share PSNow with a friend as well as gamepass?

Even if you won't admit that, can we agree that if only BC is better on Xbox, and the rest are the same....aren't services by your admission better on Xbox?

#142 Posted by Zappat (1595 posts) -
@sealionact said:

@knight-k: You regard psnow as good as gamepass? Play anywhere? Is PSN as stable and as fast as live? Can you share PSNow with a friend as well as gamepass?

Even if you won't admit that, can we agree that if only BC is better on Xbox, and the rest are the same....aren't services by your admission better on Xbox?

That is all mostly opinion, not fact. For example someone could consider PSNow as a better service since it gives you access to 3 times more games than GP and from the PS2 and PS3 libraries that were better than OG Xbox and 360 ones. PSN IS as stable as Live for 99.9% of the time, so both services are practically equivalent and someone making a big deal out of this only sounds like they're desperately trying to justify their purchase. With PS you have also free online for free games, an advantage over Xbox and also access to VR games. So it depends highly on which services or features people prefer but there's no "objective" measurement to indicate one is better than the other in services and features in general. There's though when you consider amount of games + critical acclaim where PS destroys Xbox with ease.

#143 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@sealionact said:

Like @zappat said, mostly subjective.

If BC is that important to you then sure Xbone has better "services". But in the most important part Xbone fails, games.

#144 Edited by BellicLiberty (9 posts) -

@knight-k: "Who cares?"

I do care a lot about backward compta games, and sometimes more than actual games

#145 Posted by knight-k (2600 posts) -

@bellicliberty said:

I do care a lot about backward compta games, and sometimes more than actual games

Why not stick with 360 then? Lol, the logic of lemmings...

#146 Posted by deactivated-5c18005f903a1 (4626 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@bellicliberty said:

Why not stick with 360 then? Lol, the logic of lemmings...

They all broke.

#147 Posted by sealionact (3881 posts) -
@zappat said:
@sealionact said:

That is all mostly opinion, not fact. For example someone could consider PSNow as a better service since it gives you access to 3 times more games than GP and from the PS2 and PS3 libraries that were better than OG Xbox and 360 ones. PSN IS as stable as Live for 99.9% of the time, so both services are practically equivalent and someone making a big deal out of this only sounds like they're desperately trying to justify their purchase. With PS you have also free online for free games, an advantage over Xbox and also access to VR games. So it depends highly on which services or features people prefer but there's no "objective" measurement to indicate one is better than the other in services and features in general. There's though when you consider amount of games + critical acclaim where PS destroys Xbox with ease.

It's strange that you promote critical acclaim about games, yet dismiss independent studies that show Live is faster and more stable than PSnow. For the rest, yes .... it's mostly opinion, but it seems like Cows can't - or don't want to - accept that people have different opinions about what's important to them in a console. You love using Kodi, or VLC on Xbox? "Lol....Lems think apps are more important than games". You rate the ability to play your old 360 games at no extra cost? "Lol....Lems only have old games". You like being able to buy a custom controller, or a high end Elite controller? "More controllers than games". etc ad infinium.

There's too many reasons - for me - to prefer an Xbox, and this whole post has kinda reminded me how much more I prefer it.

#148 Edited by Fuhrer_D (864 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@Fuhrer_D said:
@knight-k said:
@SecretPolice said:
@tgob89 said:

Things like the snap feature (miss this feature), streaming to PC, the Kinect (family enjoys it), the HDMI pass through (especially combined with the PC streaming) all played into Xbox doing more than the PS4. Like the PS3, which did more than the 360, the "performance" difference wasn't a big deal for me. What is nice now though, is that I picked up the One X, and all my stuff is still there, and I get the best console performance, cheaply (I use Microsoft Rewards to pay for everything - Game Pass, Xbox Live, and games), I have 250+ games downloaded and have paid full price for two of them, and have only spent real money on seven.

On the exclusive front, I would have to want to play them for it to matter. On the Xbox, I don't play Halo or Gears, a bit of Forza, but I really enjoy Ori, Sunset Overdrive, and State of Decay 2. On the PS4, on the exclusive front, Blood Borne kind of interest me, but I'd take a Demon's Souls remake (I would buy a PS4 for this) over that any day (I don't play the other Souls game); I don't like Uncharted, nor The Last of Us, Spider Man is a no (I don't play the Arkam games either), what else is there, God of War, <shrugs shoulders>, I played and beat three, but it didn't drive me to buy a PS3.

Plus near launch, to me, only the Xbox had an interesting exclusive in the pipeline and that was Sunset Overdrive.

@tgob89 Reading comprehension, I said I don't really care about exclusives.

#149 Posted by kuu2 (11150 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

@knight-k:

Poo cows, MonsterBox has'em crying monster tears..

Just Mighty fine stuff. lolol :P

A few simple words and they go all keyboard warrior on us.

Telling.