Why the PS4 will have best graphics this 8th generation and much better than what a pc can do?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#252 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Sweet jesus stop responding to the incredibly obvious troll, sure a good chunk of the cows on this site are ridiculous but they're not that ridiculous (although not far off).

vickysaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 vickysaiyajin
Member since 2015 • 51 Posts

@nyadc: that was just a typo.I Kenw it was a illiterate and there was a redline and could auto corrent it but I dodn't want to waste time correcting it.

and no even i7 4770 is slow and processes a bit late so yeah you need to upgrade it soon.

And you setup is really nice except ur cabinet is bigger than a bull.Your physical games colllection is awesome and your figurines are superb.Except your TV is still medicore.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#256  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@vickysaiyajin said:

@nyadc: that was just a typo.I Kenw it was a illiterate and there was a redline and could auto corrent it but I dodn't want to waste time correcting it.

and no even i7 4770 is slow and processes a bit late so yeah you need to upgrade it soon.

And you setup is really nice except ur cabinet is bigger than a bull.Your physical games colllection is awesome and your figurines are superb.Except your TV is still medicore.

I don't need to upgrade until the next architectural innovation, the last 5 releases of Intel processors (2000 - 6000 series CPU's) have been iterative of each other, minor improvements each generation, nothing new or amazing with substantial performance gains.

With my 1Ghz OC any advantage is nearly negated, look at the game performance, they're almost the same. There's absolutely no reason to "upgrade", it's not even an upgrade in reality, it's a sideways shift in a lot of ways.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/287?vs=1543

Blue is my 2600k, the other is a 6700k, as you can see it's not worth it in any degree.

What's wrong with my TV?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

@vickysaiyajin said:

all pc gamers crying and butthurt after learning truth are retarded fools.

the propblem is your conception of "truth". you are living in some fantasy land, so this thread is not really going anywhere.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#258 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@nyadc: watched your game collection video, it was awesome !

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#259 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

@phantomfire335: Exactly, it's crazy this troll thread is still going.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 NyaDC

@thehig1 said:

@nyadc: watched your game collection video, it was awesome !

Thank you :)

gtx021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 gtx021
Member since 2013 • 515 Posts

the shame thing is about even you have $$$$ pc rig then you still have same quality or poor optimazation in pc gaming vs console..

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#264 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@vickysaiyajin said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@vickysaiyajin said:

@Cloud_imperium: sorry but even uncharted 2,killzone 3, tlou,uncharted 3,god of war 3,god of war ascension and many ps3 games murdered crysis 3 in graphics even before it was released.Killzone sf looks generation ahead of crysis 3 and crysis 3 is utter crap.Crysis 3 is last gen game and last gen GOW ascension and TLOU hold the king.

even a 2011 game killzone 3 looks better than crysis 3. Meanwhile still no pc game including star citizen(also coming to consoles) that looks as good as kz sf.

Lol, even those cherry picked bullshots look terrible.

^^WTF is this shit?

"even a 2011 game killzone 3 looks better than crysis 3. Meanwhile still no pc game including star citizen(also coming to consoles) that looks as good as kz sf."

You are not even good at trolling.

the fact that you called it a bullshot shows that this game is much better than crysis 3 and makes pc games look like shit.It is from gameplay and this game shit on all last gen pc games.

and that was not a troll star citizen looks like a launch ps3 game and is coming to consoles.and kz3 looks better than consoles.

@vickysaiyajin said:

@Cloud_imperium: You contradicted yourself cause you wasted 3000$ on a pc which is shit compared to even a 400$ ps4.And ps4 has tons of AAA exclusive games and still pc has not managed to reach those graphics.

You are trying too hard. All Uncharted games looked outdated compared to PC games and Killzone Shadow Fall is just a typical console game running on inferior hardware. Get over it.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@vickysaiyajin said:

@Cloud_imperium: You contradicted yourself cause you wasted 3000$ on a pc which is shit compared to even a 400$ ps4.And ps4 has tons of AAA exclusive games and still pc has not managed to reach those graphics.

PS4 doesn't have a tons of AAA exclusives.Stop lying to yourself and here

JasonN36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 JasonN36
Member since 2014 • 160 Posts

This thread's still going on?

The meltdown's still happening? Holy crap.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

Are the mods on holiday or some sh*t? This is an obvious troll attempt, the guy doesn't believe a word he's saying.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

What TC says is partially true. The problem is that the CPU in these consoles is so weak that most of the current low end CPU's in the market right now will surpass them and make even weaker GPU's than in consoles perform on par or even better. Optimization usually stays around the same all gen long so consoles won't pass the i3 750ti line unless there is a problem on the PC optimization side which is way more likely to occur than an increase of optimization on the console side. The rest is just hogwash from the TC.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#269  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Typical case of console kid buying a pre-built and then getting a $100 reference 290 that is melting his shitty Dell case.

"Has been gaming on PC since 2001" yet Steam account is 1 year old and owns only 20 games, several F2P.

Next time build your own PC and cry less.

Move along and apply the IP and MAC ban.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 NyaDC

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Typical case of console kid buying a pre-built and then getting a $100 reference 290 that is melting his shitty Dell case.

"Has been gaming on PC since 2001" yet Steam account is 1 year old and owns only 20 games, several F2P.

Next time build your own PC and cry less.

Move along and apply the IP and MAC ban.

Yep...

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

Stop brining up Killzone SF all the time, it looks good but lets not get carried away and there are many obvious compromises in that game.

Poor lod distance, which really disappointing considering the relatively small areas rendered by the engine.

That shadow looks out of place, why is the head so small when it's on a different platform further away. Shadows get larger by distance.

And here's lots of "light sources" but no shadows.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

I'm reposting my pic, maybe this time someone would notice

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts
@remiks00 said:

Lol @ this thread. I have to summon my boy @04dcarraher for this. That John Carmack quote was explained years ago also.

Ive already posted earlier in the thread but I'll re-quote myself

"John Carmack's quote is comparing/talking about Direct x 9 vs last gen console API with cpu overhead. Even with 4A dev with Metro is about the same thing comparing low level API vs DirectX with comparable hardware ie same cpu power and gpu power... before DX12/Mantle

The fact is that Pc cpu's have eclipse consoles from 2007 onward, which means unless your running an old ass cpu consoles will never surpass, that applies again with 2009+ era cpu vs current consoles. With DX11 and the fact that vast majority of devs using same cpu usage methods on consoles negates any type of API advantage you may see in a closed low level environment. Which is why we are seeing multiplat games looking and running better on a pc with a stronger cpu and weaker and comparable gpu to PS4

Also the PS4 is not running a gpu that is as fast as a 7870 etc its abit slower, the only thing it has is that is special is its higher ACE Unit count. That 8GB GDDR5 means squat with a good chunk that memory is allocated to OS and features leaving on average 2-3gb of memory for GPU vram.

Also your clearly a noob when it comes to comparing and understanding PC hardware and claiming what have you claimed without understanding the context.

Any Pc sporting a modern AMD quad core or intel quad core cpu with a 7870 or GTX 660ti type gpus will perform better then the PS4. As for example a modern PC with i5 and GTX 970 is able to run Batllefront at 2715x1527 resolution on ultra with an average of 50 fps while PS4 is stuck with 1600x900p with settings with a mixof medium and high and very few ultra setting with fps still dipping below 60 FPS. Resolution alone is 2.8x with 970.... the PS4 even a gpu weaker than PS4's GTX 750ti is able to run 1080p with full high settings with an average of 45 fps . even a 270x is able to supply 60+ fps average at 1080p. and yet PS4's optimization means what?

also looks like your also overlooking Direct x 12 with will provide console like low level coding to all PC DX11 gpus so which means that if it had any type of advantage PS4 had with comparable hardware now will be gone and dead."

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@miiiiv said:

Stop brining up Killzone SF all the time, it looks good but lets not get carried away and there are many obvious compromises in that game.

Poor lod distance, which really disappointing considering the relatively small areas rendered by the engine.

That shadow looks out of place, why is the head so small when it's on a different platform further away. Shadows get larger by distance.

And here's lots of "light sources" but no shadows.

Shut up! What do you know about teh volumetric area lights!

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#278 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Why the f**k are people responding to this idiot multiple account troll?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

Why the f**k are people responding to this idiot multiple account troll?

Because it's entertaining.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

@zeeshanhaider: LOL

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

TC should be crowned king of the cows and their leader. I think he truly encompasses all it means to be one and he is much smarter than the others.

Bravo TC.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

While not everything TC said is true but it's sad hermits still can't provide a pc game that looks better than the best of PS4 exclusive. And guess what, you guys are about to get a whole new can of whoop ass this Saturday at PSX when new PS4 exclusives will be shown, especially God of War 4 that would hurt your pride even further.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61513 Posts

@gpuking: Righto.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@gpuking said:

While not everything TC said is true but it's sad hermits still can't provide a pc game that looks better than the best of PS4 exclusive. And guess what, you guys are about to get a whole new can of whoop ass this Saturday at PSX when new PS4 exclusives will be shown, especially God of War 4 that would hurt your pride even further.

Inner Chains, Star Citizen and Unreal Tournament 2016 look pretty damn amazing.

Altivera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285  Edited By Altivera
Member since 2015 • 101 Posts

Congratulations TC you somehow managed to set a new low in Level of delusion and BS.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

I love this thread.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@gpuking said:

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

That's one hell of a post ill never read.

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289 Wizard
Member since 2015 • 940 Posts

I love the optimization argument, there's something really adorable and child like about it. Wake up kiddo it's 2015, consoles are for fun not graphics be proud of that.

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290  Edited By napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

Wake me up when consoles can render anything other than 16:9 images

Didn't they praise the order for it's cinematic experience?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#291 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@nyadc said:
@vickysaiyajin said:

@nyadc: seriosly newbie kid.You don't know anything about hardware and nothing about technology and all you are doing now is just giving out lame reasons for performance just like a hermit.

And there is no reason to use steam unless you are playing games like csgo,dota 2 or css.Digital games are for fat obese nolife basement dwellers who cant move their ass out of basement.And physical games for pc exist even today.Even cs 1.6 never required steam.So only when I shifted from 1.6 to csgo I started using steam.Even now I prefer physical copies.

You never posted link to your steam profile or your cpuz.

And you posted someone else's random video and claim it to be yours

in that case even I claim this to be my game setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16UrTuiKWxQ

get rekt.

The **** are you talking about... You needed Steam to play Half-Life 2 since launch in 2004 and every subsequent Valve game since, Portal, Portal 2, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2 etc... It's always been a requirement, the fact that you didn't make a Steam account until last year says everything, you're no fucking PC gamer... Didn't play a Valve game until 2014 and you've been PC gaming since 2001? Yeah my ass...

The link to my Steam profile and CPU-Z are right in this post that I already made to you below...

Someone else's video? Are you on drugs?

@nyadc said:

First off, you bought a non K series CPU, that was stupid to begin with not to mention you have Intel speedstep enabled lol, no wonder your game performance is not what it should be... So you have only 13 games on Steam and one year on the platform... This is all starting to become very clear, you're new, you don't know what you're doing, you're some lowly console gamer who bought a PC...

Let me just throw out this preemptive REKT.

CPU-Z

Steam

Loading Video...

that's an online bitch slap, right there folks.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

the cringe is real

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#293 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@vickysaiyajin said:

@nyadc: your ass.You are not a gamer in the first place.Talking about valve games lolololololololol. So perhaps you are a newbie to gaming.Kid I was gaming on pc since 2001 and my games being road rash,motocross mania,dirt track racing,duke nukem 3d,dangerous hunts,gta 3,gta vice city,call of duty,etc and you dont know shit sbout games and you claim yourself to be a gamer? lololololol.I was least intrested in other valve games like half life and portal.And I played cs 1.6 which is a valve game since 2003 and never needed steam for that game.

and again there is no link to your cpuz and steamprofile. Just post it on this forum please.

2001? OMG how old are you?

L0ngshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 L0ngshot
Member since 2014 • 516 Posts

Why don't mods lock idiotic topics like these? This drivel ran to 6 pages. Jesus Christ!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts