Why the NGP has a massive advantage over 3DS

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

User Lists: 0

#51 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

I think people see it like this: 3DS will win because it offers something genuinly different and exciting compared to home consoles. NGP doesn't offer anything different. That's the same as with DS and PSP.yellonet

Really, where is the touch pad controls on my PS3? That's about all 3DS has gameplay wise over wii, and NGP actually has better touchpad controls than 3DS. the only thing 3DS offers is a graphic advantage, 3D. That's really it.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Well, it looks like both Sony and SOny fans learned absolutely nothing from the PSP.

Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

One massive advantage is the NGP'stargeted audience. I don't want to play the same games that I did when I was in grade school. Ex. Pokemon, Mario, Kirby, etc...

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DerekLoffin

[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"][QUOTE="Noj_Leakim"]

I'm going to destroy this argument with three simple words: SEGA GAME GEAR! The GameGear's biggest feature was it's ability to play Master System games portably, basically trying to emulate the console experience on the go, but with slightly worse graphics. Sound familiar? The GameGear was basically the NGP of 25 years ago. It competed with the Gameboy, and well we all know how that battle turned out. People bought the Gameboy to play unique games that you can't play on a home console, such as Link's Awakening, or Pokemon. Saying that the NGP will be a better system because of cheap ports and Multiplats is ridiculous. As Many others have said before me it's going to be the EXCLUSIVES that determines which handheld comes out on top!

Noj_Leakim

It also had absolutely abysmal battery life (requiring 6 batteries for 5 hours, while the competition used 4 batteries and lasted twice as long) and poor qualify in general. It is not a good analogy at all.

Oh come on! Really? You're going to nitpick about the BATTERY LIFE? I wasn't talking about the quailty of the system, just the experience it was supposed to deliver. The argument was that the NGP would succeed because it would allow a console experience on a handheld, and deliver some high quality multiplats. That is pretty much EXACTLY what the Game Gear was trying to do. My comparison does'nt fall apart because of the battery life argument.

Nitpick, where were you when this thing was released?! That was THE complaint about the system over pretty much everything else. When you are burning money on batteries 3X as fast as the competitor, especially as when this was release rechargables just weren't that great an option, it is a major expense issue. Don't try to downplay it to make use of a terrible analogy. The two situations are just not the same.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#55 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

One massive advantage is the NGP'stargeted audience. I don't want to play the same games that I did when I was in grade school. Ex. Pokemon, Mario, Kirby, etc...

Mr_BillGates

Don't worry, you can always play Super Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid, Saints Row and Shin Megami Tensei on the 3DS instead ;)

Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

charizard1605

Don't worry, you can always play Super Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid, Saints Row and Shin Megami Tensei on the 3DS instead ;)

I bet most 3rd party games would eventually become multiplats in the future. So, why get the weaker system
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

Mr_BillGates
I dont wanna play the same exact games I can play on my 360/ps3 either.. thats why I own a handheld..
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
PSP had the same advantage.
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#59 super600
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

It will be insanely funny if the 3DS wins again.

savagehulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#60 savagehulk
Member since 2002 • 106 Posts

What people fail to realise is what demographic usually pics a nintendo system. Like it or not it is the younger children who wants the DS and or the Wii. I had a friend give me a Wii and i got rid of it. I just couldnt stand the system. It wasn't that good 90 percent of the games are geared towards younger children and because of that Im not interested. I dont care how good mario galaxy is as a game im not into mario galaxy. Mario cart on the other hand well thats fun. But i had that problem with alot of the Wii games I just felt like i was playing a system meant for kids. Its not geared for adults thats obvious by most of the games. The DS was not geared for the older demographic. Those who dont like Wii or DS buy Sony or Microsoft and personally I love my PS3 and wouldn't switch to a Wii if nintendo payed me money to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#61 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

Mr_BillGates

I bet most 3rd party games would eventually become multiplats in the future. So, why get the weaker system

You bet they'll become multiplat? Really? On what precedent/grounds?

Noj_Leakim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62 Noj_Leakim
Member since 2004 • 459 Posts

[QUOTE="Noj_Leakim"]

[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"] It also had absolutely abysmal battery life (requiring 6 batteries for 5 hours, while the competition used 4 batteries and lasted twice as long) and poor qualify in general. It is not a good analogy at all.DerekLoffin

Oh come on! Really? You're going to nitpick about the BATTERY LIFE? I wasn't talking about the quailty of the system, just the experience it was supposed to deliver. The argument was that the NGP would succeed because it would allow a console experience on a handheld, and deliver some high quality multiplats. That is pretty much EXACTLY what the Game Gear was trying to do. My comparison does'nt fall apart because of the battery life argument.

Nitpick, where were you when this thing was released?! That was THE complaint about the system over pretty much everything else. When you are burning money on batteries 3X as fast as the competitor, especially as when this was release rechargables just weren't that great an option, it is a major expense issue. Don't try to downplay it to make use of a terrible analogy. The two situations are just not the same.

Okay if you really want to bring the price into this I can just easily point out that NGP is going to cost more than the 3ds just like how the Gamegear cost more than the Gameboy. And if you say that the batteries are more of a long term expense issue, well I'm just going to tell you that 3G isn't free man. Again, my whole point was about the experience that the GameGear marketed, and what the NGP may have. In my original post I said nothing about the quality of the system, my argument was about how similar they are in concept, and in that way my analogy does hold up. Trying to emulate a console experience on a handheld is what the Gamegear did, and what the NGP is trying to do.

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 DerekLoffin

[QUOTE="DerekLoffin"][QUOTE="Noj_Leakim"]

Noj_Leakim

Okay if you really want to bring the price into this I can just easily point out that NGP is going to cost more than the 3ds just like how the Gamegear cost more than the Gameboy. And if you say that the batteries are more of a long term expense issue, well I'm just going to tell you that 3G isn't free man. Again, my whole point was about the experience that the GameGear marketed, and what the NGP may have. In my original post I said nothing about the quality of the system, my argument was about how similar they are in concept, and in that way my analogy does hold up. Trying to emulate a console experience on a handheld is what the Gamegear did, and what the NGP is trying to do.

Yes, price may well be an issue with PSP2, but operating expense was the big factor with gamegear, not initial buy in (although that certainly didn't help any). However, we still don't know the PSP2's price, so really that's a pretty empty argument right now. As I mentioned in another post, we know Nintendo prices above cost while Sony prices below, so it could well be very close price wise.
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
im not a fan of the ps3 and i sure as hell wont be a fan of the ngp. the 3ds on the other hand i shall buy love and play, take me back to the gen previously before, where gaming was actually fun.
yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 yellonet
Member since 2004 • 7768 Posts

[QUOTE="yellonet"]

I think people see it like this: 3DS will win because it offers something genuinly different and exciting compared to home consoles. NGP doesn't offer anything different. That's the same as with DS and PSP.DerekLoffin

Really, where is the touch pad controls on my PS3? That's about all 3DS has gameplay wise over wii, and NGP actually has better touchpad controls than 3DS. the only thing 3DS offers is a graphic advantage, 3D. That's really it.

Perhaps if you only compare raw specifications, you may have a point. If you consider how the two handhelds are designed however, they're a lot more different than the pure specifications would suggest.

On the NGP you will block the view when using the touch-screen, on the 3DS you won't. This makes for very different gameplay possibilites.
Dual screens have quite a few advantages as it seems.

On NGP, the back touch-pad seems difficult to reach unless you let go of either side of the device, also it seems quite unintutive to use a touch-pad on the other side of the device, and this will limit its use.

The NGP has much more power, developing games that take advantage of that will be more expensive for developers than to develop games for 3DS.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

So... the REAL reason why NGP will succeed is because its a portable HD console and will share many games with Xbox 360 and PS3.

PandaBear86
Why would I want one then? I already got a PS3 and a 360. I don't need a handheld that tries hard to be a console. Come on now, Mass Effect 3 on handheld? Why would anybody want that instead of enjoying the game on a big screen like it's supposed to be?
yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 yellonet

What people fail to realise is what demographic usually pics a nintendo system. Like it or not it is the younger children who wants the DS and or the Wii. I had a friend give me a Wii and i got rid of it. I just couldnt stand the system. It wasn't that good 90 percent of the games are geared towards younger children and because of that Im not interested. I dont care how good mario galaxy is as a game im not into mario galaxy. Mario cart on the other hand well thats fun. But i had that problem with alot of the Wii games I just felt like i was playing a system meant for kids. Its not geared for adults thats obvious by most of the games. The DS was not geared for the older demographic. Those who dont like Wii or DS buy Sony or Microsoft and personally I love my PS3 and wouldn't switch to a Wii if nintendo payed me money to.

savagehulk

First, wrong in so many ways. Second, what does this have to do with the topic on hand?

babyeatermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 babyeatermax
Member since 2010 • 272 Posts

Well, it looks like both Sony and SOny fans learned absolutely nothing from the PSP.

DarkLink77
More like Nintendo learned nothing. The 3DS is PSP 1.5 minus the UMD drive. Console ports, crap battery life, one analog stick. It's hilarious how SONY laid down the foundation for them and Nintendo still screwed it up.
SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#69 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
The 3DS is going to sell more than the NGP. I absolutely guarantee it. Quote me on it. -Nintendo's handheld library will trounce the NGP's library -Nintendo's handhelds are more well known -The DS sold an incredibly large number of units. Why does this matter? Well, I'm sure some of those millions of DS owners will want to upgrade to the new console..
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#70 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
Not gonna happen. Problem is this: 1While it may have HD capabilities, it is still a palm device and has a small screen. Imagine 99 nights or left 4 dead in a PSP screen. THAT IS SMALL. Ports dont really work. No one really buys twice a same game just because it is a "handheld" edition. Beefing the harware is useless if you dont have a goal.
Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Kashiwaba
Member since 2005 • 8059 Posts

I doubt that NGP will outsell 3DS but I'm sure it will do better than PSP but if NGP will be sold at reasonable price ($250~$300) and had a good support from SONY first party and 3rd party devs then I'm sure it will give 3DS a run for its money since it seems Nintendo is repeating a lot of SONY mistakes with PSP.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

You guize are seriously arguing about 2 handhelds that aren't even out yet...

I love you System Wars. Never change.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 dotWithShoes
[QUOTE="SoraX64"]The 3DS is going to sell more than the NGP. I absolutely guarantee it. Quote me on it. -Nintendo's handheld library will trounce the NGP's library -Nintendo's handhelds are more well known -The DS sold an incredibly large number of units. Why does this matter? Well, I'm sure some of those millions of DS owners will want to upgrade to the new console..

I think people are also forgetting gaming library.. While the NGP will have a decent lineup at launch.. The 3DS is gonna have an entire catalog of DS games that are playable. People may say BC doesn't matter to them, but those are the same people who cried foul when the ps3 lost BC. I for one, would not still have a ps3 if not for it being BC.
Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
3DS = 3D without glasses. I don't own anything that does that, So I will be getting.
yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 yellonet

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

babyeatermax

More like Nintendo learned nothing. The 3DS is PSP 1.5 minus the UMD drive. Console ports, crap battery life, one analog stick. It's hilarious how SONY laid down the foundation for them and Nintendo still screwed it up.

You almost had me there :lol:

I was thinking of a good response when I realized you must be joking :)

yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 yellonet

I doubt that NGP will outsell 3DS but I'm sure it will do better than PSP but if NGP will be sold at reasonable price ($250~$300) and had a good support from SONY first party and 3rd party devs then I'm sure it will give 3DS a run for its money since it seems Nintendo is repeating a lot of SONY mistakes with PSP.

Kashiwaba

How exactly is Nintendo making mistakes from PSP when the 3DS is based on the DS?

No dual analog control? Well, the 3DS just like the DS isn't primarily geared towards home console games, but different and fresh gaming experiences.

Not so great battery time? Well a compromise had to be made, and there would have been a lot more [female dog]-ing if the power of the 3DS was any less than it is.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="SoraX64"]The 3DS is going to sell more than the NGP. I absolutely guarantee it. Quote me on it. -Nintendo's handheld library will trounce the NGP's library -Nintendo's handhelds are more well known -The DS sold an incredibly large number of units. Why does this matter? Well, I'm sure some of those millions of DS owners will want to upgrade to the new console..dotWithShoes
I think people are also forgetting gaming library.. While the NGP will have a decent lineup at launch.. The 3DS is gonna have an entire catalog of DS games that are playable. People may say BC doesn't matter to them, but those are the same people who cried foul when the ps3 lost BC. I for one, would not still have a ps3 if not for it being BC.

NGP is BC with PSP but only through PSN games but still you can play most of the PSP library on NGP so I'm happy that decided to buy all my new PSP games from PSN rather than on UMD :D.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

so basically the NGP will beat the 3DS for the same reason the 360 and the PS3 is losing to the wii?

.....alrighty then

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

yellonet

How exactly is Nintendo making mistakes from PSP when the 3DS is based on the DS?

No dual analog control? Well, the 3DS just like the DS isn't primarily geared towards home console games, but different and fresh gaming experiences.

Not so great battery time? Well a compromise had to be made, and there would have been a lot more [female dog]-ing if the power of the 3DS was any less than it is.

1-Too many ports.

2- Short battery life.

3- Its launch price is too expensive compared to all the other handhelds from Nintendo.

4- many remakes.

but still I'm not saying NGP will outsell 3DS. 3DS got Nintendo strong brand name behind it and many great games so doubt that it will lose to NGP.

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#80 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Where do you need a portable HD console? You can't even notice the difference on a handheld screen. And didn't you know? HD is so last decade, 3D is hot now.
yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 yellonet

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]

[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"]

Mr_BillGates

The 3rd party games for PS3/NGP might, and that will further weaken the appeal of the system. The 3rd party titles for 3DS won't become mult-plat because they're different and can't be played on any other console. Why buy a system based on the power it has? More power != more fun.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Mario1331

Kashiwaba

3DS is nothing like the PSP its actually a beefed up DS with 3D more of the same with a fresh gimmick.

the NGP will not be priced at 250 and the battery lie is reasonable considering it can be longer on lower power settings.

babyeatermax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 babyeatermax
Member since 2010 • 272 Posts

[QUOTE="babyeatermax"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

yellonet

You almost had me there :lol:

I was thinking of a good response when I realized you must be joking :)

Why would I be joking. Nintendo had SONYs mistakes to learn from and they just repeated them.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Mario1331

[QUOTE="yellonet"]

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

Kashiwaba

1-Too many ports.

2- Short battery life.

3- Its launch price is too expensive compared to all the other handhelds from Nintendo.

4- many remakes.

but still I'm not saying NGP will outsell 3DS. 3DS got Nintendo strong brand name behind it and many great games so doubt that it will lose to NGP.

the NGP will have the same battery life

you can make it longer if you put the settings down

it has about 10 ports but the NGP and the 3DS will share the same games after a while since they are identical in hardware

the price is reasonable actually the NGP will be more then that

eh remakes are fine but thats something i cant rebuttle

every reason you gave is the same if not worst for the NGP....

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

Mario1331

3DS is nothing like the PSP its actually a beefed up DS with 3D more of the same with a fresh gimmick.

the NGP will not be priced at 250 and the battery lie is reasonable considering it can be longer on lower power settings.

Im not saying its the same as PSP I said Nintendo is making many of the mistakes which SONY made earlier, also being the successor of the winner from last generation doesn't mean it will be the winner by default look at PS3.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

[QUOTE="yellonet"]How exactly is Nintendo making mistakes from PSP when the 3DS is based on the DS?

Mario1331

1-Too many ports.

2- Short battery life.

4- many remakes.

it has about 10 ports but the NGP and the 3DS will share the same games after a while since they are identical in hardware

Again I never said NGP will outsell 3DS I said if SONY played their cards the right way they can deal a great damage to 3DS.

NGP got a way higher specs than 3DS and more control schemes and probably thats a bigger advantage for NGP over 3DS.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Mario1331

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

Kashiwaba

Im not saying its the same as PSP I said Nintendo is making many of the mistakes which SONY made earlier, also being the successor of the winner from last generation doesn't mean it will be the winner by default look at PS3.

thats true but i dont see the mistake theory your talking about.

they are remaking the right games, actually people wanted these remade but you dont have to like remakes, and one analog stick is fine when you have a superior touch screen like it does. i just dont get what people ar elooking at the NGP has the exact same problems if anything

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Mario1331

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

1-Too many ports.

2- Short battery life.

4- many remakes.

Kashiwaba

Again I never said NGP will outsell 3DS I said if SONY played their cards the right way they can deal a great damage to 3DS.

im not debating that im debating why you said its making mistakes like the psp when the ngp and 3ds are very identical.

they can deal damage and it will sell i dont expect 60 million but it will sell well.

Kashiwaba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Kashiwaba

[QUOTE="Kashiwaba"]

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

Mario1331

thats true but i dont see the mistake theory your talking about.

they are remaking the right games, actually people wanted these remade but you dont have to like remakes, and one analog stick is fine when you have a superior touch screen like it does. i just dont get what people ar elooking at the NGP has the exact same problems if anything

NGP got a higher specs than 3DS and more control schemes and probably thats a big advantage for NGP over 3DS. Sony learned how bad it is to have a single analog stick the hard way I'm not sure if the touch screen will be a good replacement for the other analog but I'm sure 3DS will need it because most of its game will have 3D graphics.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

1. You're reason it will win is precisely the reason I believe it will lose. The PSP proves people don't want to play console experiences on handhelds, they want portable experiences. No matter how cool we think it is that tech has come this far, inevitably people will rather play Mass Effect 3 on their PS3 on a 50 inch 1920x1080 screen than a 5 inch screen.

2. You're assuming too much with the specs. The CPU can be clocked anywhere between 800Mhz and 2Ghz, and is quad core. Of course this is a handheld unit, so likely you will see the clock speed be closer to 800Mhz to 1.2Ghz IMO. The GPU is also multi-core, ranging anywhere between 200Mhz and 400Mhz. Once again, I'd expect something lower since this is a handheld, there is no need to over power it, and cause battery concerns, I'm guessing 200Mhz to 270Mhz. Depending on where Sony clocks these things you may not get the "ps3 like experience" they are claiming.

The 3DS is coming out at least 6 months before, and the console that wins will be the console who more people buy games for. Developers and Publishers are actually saying the 3DS's piracy protection is unbreakable, whereas NGP seems to be just PSN, but I don't know what they plan to do for the cart games.

Also, NGP games may be more expensive than 3DS titles. I wouldn't be surprised to see $49 to $59 for NGP, where as it seems $39 will be the highest for 3DS.

You know what will also hurt the NGP greatly? Since it has to have much higher dev costs, possibly near 360/PS3 levels, devs will take much fewer risks and port over PS3/360 concepts, shooters, etc. And like I've said before, people inevitably don't buy portables to play something they'd rather play on their HDTV.

I find it funny that in April and June the same hardware is likely going to power the iPad 2G, and iPhone 5G, and in September power the iPod Touch 5G as well. No one would begin to care about this "cutting edge" tech if it wasn't in the NGP.

I bet when we get the iPad's specs in April, that will end up being the NGP's specs.

MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#92 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts

Honestly, if I had the money I'd get both. Sony seems to have found it's niche as the power house system maker. That said, Nintendo's all about being different lately. So I mean there's a lot of advantages and disadvantages each has over the other. If NGP isn't too expensive and no new consoles are annonced at E3 this year I may get one to supplement my 3DS.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16587 Posts

the gameboy library is infinitely better than the psp library which is mainly derived from ps3 library. Kids already have iphones/ipods, why would they want an ngp. it doesn't differentiate itself too much, infact its the exact same even down to the gyro. Basically sony now copied a bit of nintendo and a chunk of apple and slapped together the ngp. Like I said the ONLY reason the 3DS could fail is the price is a bit high AND the battery life is a bit low. Other than that, the 3DS has already won.

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#94 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
I think it'll fare more or less the same as the PSP did. People dont seem to realize that they dont want portable console gaming. That's not what people look for in a handheld, yet people seem to be drooling all over the NGP just like they did when the PSP first came out.
yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 yellonet

[QUOTE="yellonet"]

The 3rd party games for PS3/NGP might, and that will further weaken the appeal of the system. The 3rd party titles for 3DS won't become mult-plat because they're different and can't be played on any other console. Why buy a system based on the power it has? More power != more fun.

Slashkice

I wouldn't rule it out - DS games have gone multiplatform before. It's not like every game on the system uses the dual-screens to an irreplaceable degree.

Perhaps not, but all the games that are made around the unique properties of the DS are difficult to port while keeping the same style and feeling intact. With the 3DS it will be even more so as there can be more differences between the 3DS and other consoles, so even though a game can be on several systems by name the experience of the 3DS version would likely be very different.
Between PS3 or 360 and NGP there's pretty much alike, controls, screen layout and so on making ports are very much easier to make.
This inherent difference makes ports less likely on 3DS and more likely on NGP.

specialzed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 specialzed
Member since 2007 • 682 Posts

NGP = Nintendo Got Pwned. Nintendo and their products have become absolutle crap to me since they choose to not spend money on creating a gaming experience worthwile. My PSP 1000 was lightyears ahead of my first gen DS and the same will apply to these two consoles.

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

NGP = Nintendo Got Pwned.specialzed

If the opposite happens, I will remember this and put it on my sig. Marked words for future lolz. ;)

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
[QUOTE="savagehulk"]

Don't buy the children games Aren't the Ps3 and 360 for kids too?
dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 dotWithShoes

[QUOTE="dotWithShoes"][QUOTE="SoraX64"]The 3DS is going to sell more than the NGP. I absolutely guarantee it. Quote me on it. -Nintendo's handheld library will trounce the NGP's library -Nintendo's handhelds are more well known -The DS sold an incredibly large number of units. Why does this matter? Well, I'm sure some of those millions of DS owners will want to upgrade to the new console..Kashiwaba

NGP is BC with PSP but only through PSN games but still you can play most of the PSP library on NGP so I'm happy that decided to buy all my new PSP games from PSN rather than on UMD :D.

There is nowhere near the entire PSP library on the PSN Store. Unlike the NGP, The 3DS can play ALL(well, minus 2-3 games) of the DS's library... That being said I'll probably buyone of those new fangled NGP's to replace my Go when it comes out.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#100 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Okay seriously, way too many of these threads are being created... atleast 3 a day! C'mon people, stick to one thread.