Why the NGP has a massive advantage over 3DS

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 PandaBear86
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts

Alot of people assume that 3DS will be victorious in the handheld war simply because the DS beat the PSP, meaning they expect the same results with NGP and 3DS. Sounds logical, but I personally dont agree with this idea, because PS2 sales were much higher thanthe GameCube and Xbox last gen, yet that didn't stop the PS3 from having poor sales in comparion to Wii nowadays. You can't assume that NGP will lose just like the PSP did.

So... the REAL reason why NGP will succeed is because its a portable HD console and will share many games with Xbox 360 and PS3. Look how many games are based on Unreal Engine 3, truckloads of them. Any future games made on UE3 will be easy to port over to NGP as well. If I was a developer, I would rather use UE3 to make a game for three systems (PS3 + 360 + NGP), rather than make a brand new engine just for one system (3DS). Sure, I understand that this means NGP will recieve many ports from PS3/360, but its still good because you can choose whether you want to buy a game for PS3 (slightly better graphics + Move support) or NGP (portability, touch screen and touchpad). I am actually excited about playing PS3-like games on a handheld. Imagine if Fallout 4 or Mass Effect 3 was playable on NGP. Talk about awesome :D

Your thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

NGP will propably lose the sales war to 3DS, but i think NGP is still the better one of those two.

just like i prefer PS3 over Wii, even that Wii has sold more. preference, that's the word.

e: some people just like Nintendo's library more. There's nothing Sony can ever do about it.

NWA90s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 NWA90s
Member since 2010 • 859 Posts
the NGP out specs the 3ds. it has more superior hardware NGP will probably lose in sales though, but sales doesnt make a system any better
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts
same arguments as last time....power and features and a console like experience. oh and the second nubbin...apparently that will win the sales war on its own and blast ninty and apple completly out of it. this gets even worse as its basically coming down to winning due to quick and easy PS3 and 360 ports because PS3 and 360 games are inherently better than handheld games for some reason....even for a handheld. so..uncharted fans. or COD fans. would you prefer to play those games on a handheld or on a console on your big telly? since sony have opted not to include a way to connect the NGP to a telly for now its either/or...unless you want to buy the same game twice. as i say in other threads im not saying the NGP is doomed but power and features and a console like experience (an experience that has proven to be a lackluster seller compared to a different experience in the console market i should add) are not going to help it win. the mass market..as it keeps demonstrating almost every gen, doesnt give a toss about power or features and the traditional console like experience is hardly enticing as demonstrated by its recent actions.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
The 3DS has Nintendo games though.
CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CDUB316
Member since 2009 • 6589 Posts

the NGP out specs the 3ds. it has more superior hardware NGP will probably lose in sales though, but sales doesnt make a system any better NWA90s

PSP had better specs than the DS as well...but the DS was far superior in every other aspect including the most major of them all....GAMES

don't expect the NGP to be better than the 3DS just because of specs...last gen should have taught you this

PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PandaBear86

[QUOTE="NWA90s"]the NGP out specs the 3ds. it has more superior hardware NGP will probably lose in sales though, but sales doesnt make a system any better CDUB316

PSP had better specs than the DS as well...but the DS was far superior in every other aspect including the most major of them all....GAMES

don't expect the NGP to be better than the 3DS just because of specs...last gen should have taught you this

NGP will have loads of games because it supports Unreal Engine 3 and has dual analogs. Imagine how many games will be made for it, especially multiplats
Fried_Shrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fried_Shrimp
Member since 2009 • 2902 Posts
I assume the 3DS will be victorious once the cultural fad of girls letting boys with a 3DS take 3D pictures of their breasts takes on.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
[QUOTE="CDUB316"]

[QUOTE="NWA90s"]the NGP out specs the 3ds. it has more superior hardware NGP will probably lose in sales though, but sales doesnt make a system any better PandaBear86

NGP will have loads of games because it supports Unreal Engine 3 and has dual analogs. Imagine how many games will be made for it, especially multiplats

Why would anyone want to play a multiplat on a handheld?
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

Alot of people assume that 3DS will be victorious in the handheld war simply because the DS beat the PSP, meaning they expect the same results with NGP and 3DS. Sounds logical, but I personally dont agree with this idea, because PS2 sales were much higher thanthe GameCube and Xbox last gen, yet that didn't stop the PS3 from having poor sales in comparion to Wii nowadays. You can't assume that NGP will lose just like the PSP did.

So... the REAL reason why NGP will succeed is because its a portable HD console and will share many games with Xbox 360 and PS3. Look how many games are based on Unreal Engine 3, truckloads of them. Any future games made on UE3 will be easy to port over to NGP as well. If I was a developer, I would rather use UE3 to make a game for three systems (PS3 + 360 + NGP), rather than make a brand new engine just for one system (3DS). Sure, I understand that this means NGP will recieve many ports from PS3/360, but its still good because you can choose whether you want to buy a game for PS3 (slightly better graphics + Move support) or NGP (portability, touch screen and touchpad). I am actually excited about playing PS3-like games on a handheld. Imagine if Fallout 4 or Mass Effect 3 was playable on NGP. Talk about awesome :D

Your thoughts?

PandaBear86

That is why it also stands to fail...Put the 3DS out of the equation and using your own logic you will see why. If a portable shares the same qualities as it's HD console brethren with the unfortunate oversight of a battery life counter, people will more opt for the consoles instead of the portable.

The point of a portable is to have a UNIQUE experience that the consoles will not have. If the NGP can do that, then it will fly. If not, then it is the PSP all over again.

CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CDUB316

[QUOTE="PandaBear86"][QUOTE="CDUB316"]

SAGE_OF_FIRE

^^this

this is my MAJOR concern with the NGP....because it's so powerful (but not as powerful as the PS3) we will be getting watered down ports of PS3 games

so who would want to play the same game watered down on a handheld when you could have it on a big tv?

it's like wii multiplats...i love my wii, but only for exclusives...playing multiplats on a wii over the PS3/360 is just a waste (if you have a choice)

PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 PandaBear86

[QUOTE="PandaBear86"][QUOTE="CDUB316"]

SAGE_OF_FIRE

1) NGP games will likely be cheaper than PS3 games

2) Not everybody has a HDTV. I'd rather play a multiplat on NGP (540p widescreen) instead of a PS3 with an SDTV (480p non-widescreen)

3) Some people naurally prefer handhelds, because they feel comfortable playing on them. I prefer playing PSP minis on my PSP rather than my PS3

4) Have you ever tried playing a PS3 game during a bus or train ride? NGP can do that well

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
So why would I want to buy a portable HD console when I can buy an HD console and hook it up to my 50 inch HDTV?
PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PandaBear86
So why would I want to buy a portable HD console when I can buy an HD console and hook it up to my 50 inch HDTV?OreoMilkshake
Must be fun taking that 50 inch HDTV with you during a train ride on the way to work? :|
CDUB316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CDUB316

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"][QUOTE="PandaBear86"] NGP will have loads of games because it supports Unreal Engine 3 and has dual analogs. Imagine how many games will be made for it, especially multiplatsPandaBear86

2) Not everybody has a HDTV. I'd rather play a multiplat on NGP (540p widescreen) instead of a PS3 with an SDTV (480p non-widescreen)

3) Some people naurally prefer handhelds, because they feel comfortable playing on them. I prefer playing PSP minis on my PSP rather than my PS3

4) Have you ever tried playing a PS3 game during a bus or train ride? NGP can do that well

1) the improved quality of the PS3 title is worth the extra money

2) HDTVS are pretty cheap these days...you can get a nice 37' 1080p for about the same price (or cheaper!!!) as what the NGP is gonna be

3) This is all preference so this makes sense...but there aren't very many of you, lol

4) I'll stick to my exclusives for NGP on the bus and play my mulitplats when i get home

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OreoMilkshake
[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]So why would I want to buy a portable HD console when I can buy an HD console and hook it up to my 50 inch HDTV?PandaBear86
Must be fun taking that 50 inch HDTV with you during a train ride on the way to work? :|

I drive a car.
ocidax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ocidax
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

I think, is not a good strategy launch the same game for PS3 and NGP, portable games need to be different to consoles games. Thats why nintendo wins with the DS.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44083 Posts

The 3DS has Nintendo games though.SAGE_OF_FIRE
This, it is their ace in the hole and boy have they needed them this gen. since without them, the underpowered, overpriced, simplistic Wii would have likely flopped big time - just sayin.

For the record, I'm not interested in both but I've never been a big fan of handhelds - I dunno, maybe I'll be impreesed with both when they arrive and just... Must Buy. :P

Cruse34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Cruse34
Member since 2009 • 4468 Posts

the 3DS will have games though, just saying I like to play games

PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PandaBear86
[QUOTE="CDUB316"]

[QUOTE="PandaBear86"]

Why would anyone want to play a multiplat on a handheld? SAGE_OF_FIRE

1) the improved quality of the PS3 title is worth the extra money

2) HDTVS are pretty cheap these days...you can get a nice 37' 1080p for about the same price (or cheaper!!!) as what the NGP is gonna be

3) This is all preference so this makes sense...but there aren't very many of you, lol

4) I'll stick to my exclusives for NGP on the bus and play my mulitplats when i get home

1) Some people don't care about extra quality. Otherwise we'd all be playing multiplats on PCs rather than consoles. PCs have the highest quality multiplats, yet that doesn't stop people choosing to buy Dragon Age on consoles instead of PC 2) I agree that HDTVs are cheap, but some people still don't bother buying one. 3) I think plenty of people like playing on handhelds. Feels more relaxing because you can lay down your head and hold the NGP above you, rather than focus your head towards the TV :P 4) So you still plan on buying the NGP, so its a win-win for Sony ;)
PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PandaBear86

I think, is not a good strategy launch the same game for PS3 and NGP, portable games need to be different to consoles games. Thats why nintendo wins with the DS.

ocidax
NGP has several differences to PS3. The PS3 does not have a touchscreen or rear-touchpad on the controller.
PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PandaBear86
[QUOTE="PandaBear86"][QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]So why would I want to buy a portable HD console when I can buy an HD console and hook it up to my 50 inch HDTV?OreoMilkshake

I drive a car.

It was just an example. I drive a car to work too, but I still want to play portable games outside of home. I still go on train rides, play PSP games at my freinds house, etc.
Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

So why would I want to buy a portable HD console when I can buy an HD console and hook it up to my 50 inch HDTV?OreoMilkshake

Why buy a portable sd console when I can buy a wii and hook it up to any t.v.

NintendoNite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NintendoNite
Member since 2010 • 728 Posts
[QUOTE="ocidax"]

PandaBear86
NGP has several differences to PS3. The PS3 does not have a touchscreen or rear-touchpad on the controller.

really? whos going to buy the same version of the same game on a portable console just to play the game with touch features? As for the thread, I think the NGP will fail, just look at it. It makes me sick. I'll be sticking with my psp since NGP cant play UMDs.
PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PandaBear86
[QUOTE="NintendoNite"][QUOTE="PandaBear86"][QUOTE="ocidax"]

really? whos going to buy the same version of the same game on a portable console just to play the game with touch features? As for the thread, I think the NGP will fail, just look at it. It makes me sick. I'll be sticking with my psp since NGP cant play UMDs.

Who says we will be buying the same game twice? There are several games that are multiplats between PSP and PS3. I bought a few multiplat games for my PSP instead of my PS3 because I wanted to play it outside of home. I would rarely pay twice for the same game, I would choose either one or the other
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 OreoMilkshake

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]So why would I want to buy a portable HD console when I can buy an HD console and hook it up to my 50 inch HDTV?Jolt_counter119

Do it!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

[QUOTE="PandaBear86"][QUOTE="ocidax"]

NintendoNite

what is it about NGP's looks that make you sick? it looks better than PSP.

where do you need UMDs if you can have everything digitally? i don't own PSP, but i'm just curious to know.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

PSP2 relies on fanbase, 3DS relies on children who scream "I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT!!!!!!" and this means 3DS will win in sales.

[spoiler] Ofcourse im kidding, the 3DS is a very mature console that can be enjoyed by the whole family [/spoiler]

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

3DS relies on children who scream "I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT!!!!!!"

JohnF111

that sounds like a fanbase to me too.

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

[QUOTE="Jolt_counter119"]

[QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]So why would I want to buy a portable HD console when I can buy an HD console and hook it up to my 50 inch HDTV?OreoMilkshake

Do it!!!

I already did:cry:

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

I drive a car.OreoMilkshake

That's just fine, dude!

Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts
[QUOTE="PandaBear86"][QUOTE="OreoMilkshake"]So why would I want to buy a portable HD console when I can buy an HD console and hook it up to my 50 inch HDTV?OreoMilkshake

I drive a car.

Boom :P
HaLoMaStErJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HaLoMaStErJT
Member since 2008 • 1380 Posts

If the NGP has many worthy exclusives instead of ports, it may have a fighting chance against the 3ds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#34 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
So... the REAL reason why NGP will succeed is because its a portable HD console and will share many games with Xbox 360 and PS3. PandaBear86
No it isn't.
DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#35 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
Last time out PSP had a couple advantages, but many disadvantages. On the plus side it was more powerful hardware wise, more multimedia capable, and had a very large storage media. On the down side it had considerable worse battery life, no novel input mechanism, obviously was coming into the market which was under a stranglehold by Nintendo, was more expensive, and had to deal with load times. This time out things have changed. PSP2 still has the hardware, and mutimedia advantage (not sure how their media stacks up, I'm guessing it is at least the same size), but they now have better inputs than 3DS (multitouch vs single touch front screen, and rear track pad), battery life is looking to be the same, PSP has now given them a bigger big foot in the door (as well, iPod and the like have also dented Nintendo's hold), and load time should be about the same. Price is still outstanding, but with 3DS coming out quite expensive, I actually wouldn't be all that surprised to see Sony right on their heels since Nintendo tends to price above cost, while Sony goes below.
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
NGP will sell fine, but 3DS will sell better. Pokemon, Nintendogs, Mario Kart, Zelda, Animal Crossing, and NSMB will see to that.
Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

-both parents and children (and the ages in between) know and trust nintendo's name (as well as the DS name). that alone will get the 3ds millions of sales.

-the no-glasses 3d will also bring lots of sales

-nintendo's first party is unmatched, people will buy it for their mario, zelda, metroid, and kirby.. and how could i forget pokemon?!

-the 3ds has outstanding 3rd party support. much more than the ngp has so far (though it will most likely get more support as the launch approaches)

-nintendo has always, always, ALWAYS dominated the handheld market. i don't see that changing.

caryslan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 caryslan2
Member since 2005 • 2486 Posts

TC, the one major flaw with your logic is the simple fact that simply boasting better power and more features is not enough to defeat Nintendo in the handheld market.

The Game Gear, TurboExpress, Sega Nomad, Atari Lynx, PSP, Wonderswan, Neo Geo Pocket, Game. Com, and PSP where all handhelds that were more powerful then the Nintendo handhelds that they competed against.

Most of them were failures and are nothing more then a footnote in the history of gaming.

Here's the harsh truth, if Sony does not price the NGP where it can compete effectively with the 3DS then they are looking at an uphill battle. All that power is meaningless of consumers opt for the cheaper option that they perceive as being innovative.

Cheese-Muffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Cheese-Muffins
Member since 2008 • 569 Posts

I don't see the point in having HD gaming on a 5" screen. I'm not going to crane my neck to "ooo" and "awe" at the textures and graphics and whatnot. Leave that to the consoles at home. The only reason why I would buy a handheld was because the wait between destinations is boring. So, just give me a handheld that can entertain me for short periods of time, and I'm set. This is why the 3DS will win and why I'm more excited for it :D The NGP is just....unecessary. I'm not going to fork over the extra money for it when the 3DS will do fine. And I'm definitely not going to pay premium for games I can already play (and enjoy more) on the PS3.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

>

Your thoughts?

PandaBear86
your arguments are pretty much the same as those for the psp or the ps3. niether of those won. the DS and Wii won because they did different things that the others weren't doing. it wasn't just more powerful. the 3DS is much more like the Wii or DS than the PSP2 is like the Wii. what does the psp2 do that is not done by any number of handhelds these days?
Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
The power is actually a major disadavantage. Just look at current gen consoles, the majority of games are multiplat, because mainly they are too expensive to develop. Sonys first party is console orientated with games like killzone and resistance not being great handheld titles. There is only patapon and loco roco that are truly suitable handheld titles. Unless Sony create a great relationship with indie devs who make cheap games that work well on a handheld, i'm not sure were the games are going to come from. Japan i don't think will be too excited about playing killzone on the go, neither will the rest of the world, as it is likely they already own a PS3 and buying call of duty twice seems pointless to most. I know the 3DS has a bunch of n64 ports etc. at launch, but the weakened hardware is not alienating smaller devs, and is more likely to attract exclusives that are unique handheld experiences like professor layton, hotel dusk and pheonix wright. Not to mention the sales of the DS will likely have the devs more interested in developing for the 3DS, aswell as the excellent Nintendo first party that has had many handheld suitable games.
yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 yellonet
Member since 2004 • 7768 Posts

the NGP out specs the 3ds. it has more superior hardware NGP will probably lose in sales though, but sales doesnt make a system any better NWA90s
Sales bring more support from games developers, and I would say that "system" includes games.

Noj_Leakim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Noj_Leakim
Member since 2004 • 459 Posts

I'm going to destroy this argument with three simple words: SEGA GAME GEAR! The GameGear's biggest feature was it's ability to play Master System games portably, basically trying to emulate the console experience on the go, but with slightly worse graphics. Sound familiar? The GameGear was basically the NGP of 25 years ago. It competed with the Gameboy, and well we all know how that battle turned out. People bought the Gameboy to play unique games that you can't play on a home console, such as Link's Awakening, or Pokemon. Saying that the NGP will be a better system because of cheap ports and Multiplats is ridiculous. As Many others have said before me it's going to be the EXCLUSIVES that determines which handheld comes out on top!

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#45 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts

I'm going to destroy this argument with three simple words: SEGA GAME GEAR! The GameGear's biggest feature was it's ability to play Master System games portably, basically trying to emulate the console experience on the go, but with slightly worse graphics. Sound familiar? The GameGear was basically the NGP of 25 years ago. It competed with the Gameboy, and well we all know how that battle turned out. People bought the Gameboy to play unique games that you can't play on a home console, such as Link's Awakening, or Pokemon. Saying that the NGP will be a better system because of cheap ports and Multiplats is ridiculous. As Many others have said before me it's going to be the EXCLUSIVES that determines which handheld comes out on top!

Noj_Leakim
It also had absolutely abysmal battery life (requiring 6 batteries for 5 hours, while the competition used 4 batteries and lasted twice as long) and poor qualify in general. It is not a good analogy at all.
_SWAG_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 _SWAG_
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

imho the massive advantage is the the ngp is a real next gen portable system while the 3ds is not

yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 yellonet

PandaBear86

I think people see it like this: 3DS will win because it offers something genuinly different and exciting compared to home consoles. NGP doesn't offer anything different. That's the same as with DS and PSP.

Also, your comparison between last generation of consoles and this generation doesn't hold that well.
Last generation the PS2 was first on the scene and it sold very well, part due to the PS1 being popular and that it got great support from developers. It was well priced and actually had the least amount of power between it, the Xbox and the GameCube.
This generation, the PS3 was last out while being the most expensive.
It's not just random chance that puts one console in a better position than another.

Your thoughts?PandaBear86

As so many others have said, this is most likely more of a weakness than a strength, why would a new customer choose to buy the NGP to play these games when there's the PS3 to buy where you can play bigger and prettier versions of the game on the TV?

At the end of the day, the console with the best combination of new gameplay experiences, right price point and available games, will win.

yellonet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 yellonet

imho the massive advantage is the the ngp is a real next gen portable system while the 3ds is not

_SWAG_

Yes, because it's only computing power that matters, am I right?

Noj_Leakim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Noj_Leakim
Member since 2004 • 459 Posts

[QUOTE="Noj_Leakim"]

DerekLoffin

It also had absolutely abysmal battery life (requiring 6 batteries for 5 hours, while the competition used 4 batteries and lasted twice as long) and poor qualify in general. It is not a good analogy at all.

Oh come on! Really? You're going to nitpick about the BATTERY LIFE? I wasn't talking about the quailty of the system, just the experience it was supposed to deliver. The argument was that the NGP would succeed because it would allow a console experience on a handheld, and deliver some high quality multiplats. That is pretty much EXACTLY what the Game Gear was trying to do. My comparison does'nt fall apart because of the battery life argument.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

[QUOTE="SAGE_OF_FIRE"][QUOTE="PandaBear86"] NGP will have loads of games because it supports Unreal Engine 3 and has dual analogs. Imagine how many games will be made for it, especially multiplatsPandaBear86

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but #2... 540p is sub-hd right? And 480p is not SD.