Why is it so hard for PC gamers to admit most of them don't pay for expensive hardware.

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

What?

Plenty of people go for mid-range builds. And you can still customize the settings for a better experience.

My main gripe with consoles is you can't customize the settings and I don't like playing games that run like shit. There are too many games to play for me to waste time playing games that run like shit.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

I admit I don't spend much on PC hardware. My entire computer costs less than a high end GPU.

Quite happy with 1080 60fps gaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

What's with all the PC bashing threads lately? ?

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

@XVision84: There is an outbreak of Mad Cow Disease

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts

I'm going to let the TC in on a little secret: Those of us who do always have the latest hardware typically don't pay full price for it.

I get most of my high-end computer parts through barter, rather than actively spending money on them. You do a favor worth around the purchase price of the part for someone, they give you the part instead of cash.

If I didn't do this, I wouldn't be able to afford both my video games budget and my computer upgrades budget.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11086 Posts
@Xabiss said:

And which OS do you use to run those games? Microsoft wins again.

What? What does that have to do with you having the lamest hardware to play Xbox games? ?

off3nc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#57  Edited By off3nc3
Member since 2005 • 1006 Posts

Considering that with capitalism and the crypto haze everything GPU wise tripled it's older cost over the span of 2 gen's, most of the gamers go for mid-tier setups and you wouldn't believe how many buy used/sell used. It's a bit risky but well worth if you want to upgrade on a regular basis and don't want to dish 1300 EU for a single component with warranty.

1080p setups with higher refresh monitors are as popular as ever because the 2K and 4K trends are still very much expensive and not that good for competitive gaming.

Consoles are the cheaper alternative but if you consider how much you have to pay for games hint hint (NINTENDO TAX or SONY TAX ) you might aswell just save up 2-3 years and buy a beefy PC and never look back because you get your investment back in a lot of cheaper games and the graphic fidelity is unmatched.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@NoodleFighter said:

@zaryia: Digital Foundry only matters to cows when it is in their favor

The thing DF is almost ALWAYS in PC's favor for the last 7 years except for literally ONE sentence for ONE game a few years ago. And even that was worded in a way that makes it clear PC had better looking titles. For UC and GoW they made it clear "console space" only. There are several games on PC that look better than UC and GOW and they suggested as much.

Currently they make it clear Metro PC is in totality the gfx king.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Zaryia
@XVision84 said:

What's with all the PC bashing threads lately? ?

That's what happens when you are king. It's like this in any field/media. Whether you be a singer, tv show, car, etc. The best gets the most trolls.

Once PC was officially crowned gfx king and won SW's library list for this gen the Cows just went nuts. The fact they would even be stumped at a exponentially more powerful system with far more Developers obliterating the plastic piece of shit PS4 is amazing.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#60 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

People buy what they want or can afford. The problem with consoles is you are limited to shit tier hardware.

Bluestars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Bluestars
Member since 2019 • 2789 Posts

@boxrekt:

Bu but my pc is better

The most common phrase used by ps and pc gamers the second XB1X spec was announced

Bless

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#63 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

I'm scared of appearing weak in front of my peers.

They may see that weakness, and act upon it.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Zaryia

P.S. Last I checked there was more people with PC's that can beat XB1(X) or PS4(PRO) than the number of those units sold. Going by GPU sales.

Lmao.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1856 Posts

Lol another thread with boxfail trying to claim graphic king for the same old titles... but no they are good looking titles but so many of them gets destroyed by several titles on pc!

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

Because they need this to feel superior. Sad but true.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@BassMan said:

People buy what they want or can afford. The problem with consoles is you are limited to shit tier hardware.

And that's all their is to it. You get what you pay for, nothing more/less.

@calvincfb said:

BS!

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Calvincfb

@zaryia: no, the PC bashing is happening because PC gamers are easily triggered. ps, Xbox and Nintendo gamers do not flagbomb people when others are dissing their machines, PC gamers on the other hand spamflag to the infinite.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Calvincfb

@davillain-: you're not like that but most of them are. I can name all of them here.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56094 Posts

@calvincfb: I may have a nice PC with RTX 2070/Ryzen 2700X but I don't look down on console gamers or for those who don't have the best hardware as I do. I just wanna play my games with high framerates, free online, and having to do multitasking is all I need. Not interest gaming in 4K or anything like that, 1440p is the nice sweet spot for me and me alone :)

Edit: For the record, I know fewer PC gamers like to think they are Gods but the truth is, they aren't. I could tell you I'm a God but that would be a lie ;)

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Zaryia
@calvincfb said:

@zaryia: no, the PC bashing is happening because .

Because PC is objectively the best.

That's how it works.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Zaryia
@djoffer said:

Lol another thread with boxfail trying to claim graphic king for the same old titles... but no they are good looking titles but so many of them gets destroyed by several titles on pc!

He's trolling I think. He knows PC is gfx king.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#73 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@zaryia said:
@djoffer said:

He's trolling I think. He knows PC is gfx king.

Everybody does. They still like to play the troll game though.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By BaelNergal

@davillain- said:

Edit: For the record, I know fewer PC gamers like to think they are Gods but the truth is, they aren't. I could tell you I'm a God but that would be a lie ;)

Being a god just requires you are worshiped. Anyone can become a god.

Though, I wish my worshipers were not some crazy homeless people I gave sandwiches to once. It turns out answering prayers is a pain in the rear and they ask for the most bizarre things.

And don't get me started on what they give up as offerings at their temples...

*sigh* Mortals...

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@baelnergal:

Lol no. Nobody calls cult leaders Gods, yet their followers worship them.

Lmfao cmon now.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 BaelNergal

@heirren: The sad part is, that was meant to be comical, not serious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@baelnergal:

Ah. Guess it fell flat.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts

@calvincfb said:

Yes, I'm sure on a forum comparing systems it's all about the individual's superiority complex ... hey mate, I thought you said "Attack the message not the messenger" just hours ago, and you are one to talk about flagging! HAH. "buh buh its truth coz I said!" ;D

@davillain- said:

@calvincfb: I may have a nice PC with RTX 2070/Ryzen 2700X but I don't look down on console gamers or for those who don't have the best hardware as I do. I just wanna play my games with high framerates, free online, and having to do multitasking is all I need. Not interest gaming in 4K or anything like that, 1440p is the nice sweet spot for me and me alone :)

Cmon man he doesn't give a damn, it's his blanket excuse for simply losing.

@calvincfb said:

@davillain-: you're not like that but most of them are. I can name all of them here.

Name one person here that thinks they are? And no, stating the objective superior facts of PC gaming does not count as a god complex, it's called winning system wars.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

hyperbole warz!

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Calvincfb

@zaryia: don't be delusional, you're one of those that are always triggered on this board.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@bluestars said:

@boxrekt:

No Xbox gamers pretend to have an XB1X

? neither do any PS fans.

Dafuq?

For almost the last two years the X has triggered a lot of Xbox Haters. ?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#82 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

Your thread is based on a faulty premise.

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Calvincfb

@xhawk27: it has? Only sad people would be triggered by a console with power but nothing to take advantage of it, just like the PC.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@zaryia said:

P.S. Last I checked there was more people with PC's that can beat XB1(X) or PS4(PRO) than the number of those units sold. Going by GPU sales.

Lmao.

Which mean nothing considering that there are infinitely millions more of PC that can be stronger but aren't.

You can hold to there are more PC that are stronger than the xbox one X,reality is there is 10 or 20 times more PC that are weaker,hell i think that number is small it could be 50 times or more.

Fact is by steam stats 64% of people are on 1080p,11% are on 1366x768, 1440p just 4% 4k a miserable 1.61 %.

Basically PC has had resolution over 1080p for more than a decade and most gamers on PC still on 1080p which is a resolution make basically for TV's and make popular by blu-ray as most resolution abode 1080p in the mid 2000's when 1080p started to catch on was like 1900x1600.

So all this bragging about what you can get vs what most people really get is lol worthy,most PC gamers are peasants,and laptop gamers are total morons who over pay for a locked experience like consoles but pay 3, 4 or 5 times more than a console.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 tormentos

@baelnergal said:

I'm going to let the TC in on a little secret: Those of us who do always have the latest hardware typically don't pay full price for it.

I get most of my high-end computer parts through barter, rather than actively spending money on them. You do a favor worth around the purchase price of the part for someone, they give you the part instead of cash.

If I didn't do this, I wouldn't be able to afford both my video games budget and my computer upgrades budget.

When you do a FAVOR to get something back is not a damn favor you did a work for a reduction on a price.

I do allot of favor for my boss and he give's me $33 dollars every hour for those favors.

My god what the hell is wrong with some of you..lol

Most people who get this hardware pay for it.

@zaryia said:

Because PC is objectively the best.

That's how it works.

Yes it is and no one should try to refute that,and certainly that wasn't my argument.

My argument is based on this whole peasant crap,when in reality most PC gamers are peasanst as well,so you either own the best which cost a fu** ton of money or you are a peasant,don't come bragging to me with a 2060 super,na RTX 2080TI or nothing.

Because if you are going to argue PC has the best graphics you can't argue using a 2060 super or a 1060 which is by far the most popular Nvidia GPU on steam.

What i can see from steam is this,most PC gamers brag about power,but reality is they prefer to run games at more than 60FPS with as much detail as possible in 1080p than go 1440p or 4k and give up details and frames.

Which is great and better than what you find on console either way,but is simply a reality that those who cry about 1080p been lol are most tied to that resolution on PC.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Kali-B1rd

@tormentos said:
@zaryia said:

Lmao.

Which mean nothing considering that there are infinitely millions more of PC that can be stronger but aren't.

You can hold to there are more PC that are stronger than the xbox one X,reality is there is 10 or 20 times more PC that are weaker,hell i think that number is small it could be 50 times or more.

Fact is by steam stats 64% of people are on 1080p,11% are on 1366x768, 1440p just 4% 4k a miserable 1.61 %.

Basically PC has had resolution over 1080p for more than a decade and most gamers on PC still on 1080p which is a resolution make basically for TV's and make popular by blu-ray as most resolution abode 1080p in the mid 2000's when 1080p started to catch on was like 1900x1600.

So all this bragging about what you can get vs what most people really get is lol worthy,most PC gamers are peasants,and laptop gamers are total morons who over pay for a locked experience like consoles but pay 3, 4 or 5 times more than a console.

So your specific goal posts are percentages/ratios of players? not the overall amount? Pretty biased... no suprise. More to the point Why does there need to be a higher ratio when PC Gamers tell you clowns time and time again PC gaming is about the OPTION to have the best of the best, middling, or low end? Why do you guys keep ignoring this EVERY TIME its said to you?

Resolution? - Again, most peasants are on base PS4/Xbox and Switch .... consoles of which barely do 1080p at 30FPS half the time. You have the option of a Pro or an X with what... 1-2% of the total library plays anywhere near 4k? (and even that's padded by indie games). All my games run at 1440p at 60+ FPS (most 120FPS other than heavy demanding ones).

I can expand on the above to say I have 2x 1440p monitors and a 1080p monitor. The rendering and possibilities far exceed a single shit upscaled 65' TV... hell sometimes we run multiple games.

In the end, OUR machines significantly beat consoles because we CHOSE the AVAILABLE OPTION to do so. Oh? 12 year old timmy has a 1080p monitor? 2nd/3rd world countries use weaker devices? oh no.... that suddenly invalidates all the facts about enthusiast PC's being factually better than console in literally every way!

What an amazing win for you tormentos, truly an inspiration to us all. It's ok though, you have recloud in your corner flagging posts and offering nothing to the discussion :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@kali-b1rd:

I *think* the argument being made is that even though people do opt for mid range pcs, only the highest of high end screenshots get posted.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 tormentos

@kali-b1rd said:

So your specific goal posts are percentages/ratios of players? not the overall amount? Pretty biased... no suprise. More to the point Why does there need to be a higher ratio when PC Gamers tell you clowns time and time again PC gaming is about the OPTION to have the best of the best, middling, or low end? Why do you guys keep ignoring this EVERY TIME its said to you?

Resolution? - Again, most peasants are on base PS4/Xbox and Switch .... consoles of which barely do 1080p at 30FPS half the time. You have the option of a Pro or an X with what... 1-2% of the total library plays anywhere near 4k? (and even that's padded by indie games). All my games run at 1440p at 60+ FPS (most 120FPS other than heavy demanding ones).

I can expand on the above to say I have 2x 1440p monitors and a 1080p monitor. The rendering and possibilities far exceed a single shit upscaled 65' TV... hell sometimes we run multiple games.

In the end, OUR machines significantly beat consoles because we CHOSE the AVAILABLE OPTION to do so. Oh? 12 year old timmy has a 1080p monitor? 2nd/3rd world countries use weaker devices? oh no.... that suddenly invalidates all the facts about enthusiast PC's being factually better than console in literally every way!

What an amazing win for you tormentos, truly an inspiration to us all. It's ok though, you have recloud in your corner flagging posts and offering nothing to the discussion :D

The fact alone that steam show 64% of PC gamers been on a damn resolution made for TV's and movies says it all man.

Actually most games on PS4 are factually 1080p which is the resolution supported by 64% of steam.

Yes you can have everything you want on PC and that certainly is a blessing,but again that isn't my point my point is what most people own on PC,hell 89.52% of steam is on 1080p or lower resolution that is basically the great great majority.

10.48% run 1920x1200 and up.

So bragging about options is fun reality is something else,and that reality shows most PC gamers are peasants who will not pay top dollars for the best or close.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Kali-B1rd

@heirren said:

@kali-b1rd:

I *think* the argument being made is that even though people do opt for mid range pcs, only the highest of high end screenshots get posted.

Right, just like the PS4 Pro and One X performance, resolution are posted. And then you have a certain set of individuals that are posting Tiny compressed gifs to make out certain exclusives look better than they do on an actual screen.

That is what this forum is about, what system is best. What Timmy decides to buy for his open platform is irrelevant.

Compounding by the fact that Tormentos' own argument works against him because the majority of console gamers are not spending on a 30%+ price increase console half way through the gen ontop of what they already had... only the enthusiasts are doing it..... so why the double standard?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By tormentos

@kali-b1rd said:

Right, just like the PS4 Pro and One X performance, resolution are posted. And then you have a certain set of individuals that are posting Tiny compressed gifs to make out certain exclusives look better than they do on an actual screen.

That is what this forum is about, what system is best. What Timmy decides to buy for his open platform is irrelevant.

Compounding by the fact that Tormentos' own argument works against him because the majority of console gamers are not spending on a 30%+ price increase console half way through the gen ontop of what they already had... only the enthusiasts are doing it..... so why the double standard?

Actually that is not my argument so it doesn't work agains me,i know for fact most people on PC or consoles don't go for the most expensive option,in fact i from the started stated that both the X and the Pro were doom to be eaten by the lower end models.

If most people can play the same games for $200 or less money they will do that.

Fact is before late 2016 all the screen posted here were from base PS4 and xbox one,but the arguments on PC were the same and the screen been posted again were from top of the line hardware which most people don't own or plan to own.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@kali-b1rd:

Only pc varies as a platform. It only matters what each individual poster is running, not hypothetical top of the line visuals. Double standard in that pc gamers often say "pc is what you make of it, you dont havento spend a fortune," and theyde be right, but these same setups do not produce the visuals of high end rigs.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

This thread again?... I swear every generation, console gamers level of insecurity on full display here.

No one is pretending about anything, they only people using any pretence to determine a outcome are console gamer's... I mean this thread is a key example.

Its the same logic as cars... Just because most people can't afford a car worth more than 30K doesn't mean those car's don't exist and THE MOST IMPORTANT THING is almost everyone desires one... Which is revelevant here, if anyone here who says they don't care for PC gaming won the lottery I guarantee you they would build a extreme PC.

Console gamer's are doing there best to hide the fact that high end PC gaming is actually better than consoles in more ways than just higher resolution gaming, but I'm wasting my time from my experience on this forum it seems like you people are content of being delusional and pathetic.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@Grey_Eyed_Elf:

Imo its the other way around. Damn near 600 replies. Clearly the pc fanboys are the insecure ones.

Lol i remember when 360 vs ps3 would pop up and itd turn into a pc vs X console thread.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Kali-B1rd

@tormentos said:
@kali-b1rd said:

The fact alone that steam show 64% of PC gamers been on a damn resolution made for TV's and movies says it all man.

Actually most games on PS4 are factually 1080p which is the resolution supported by 64% of steam.

Yes you can have everything you want on PC and that certainly is a blessing,but again that isn't my point my point is what most people own on PC,hell 89.52% of steam is on 1080p or lower resolution that is basically the great great majority.

So bragging about options is fun reality is something else,and that reality shows most PC gamers are peasants who will not pay top dollars for the best or close.

4K is made for TVs in which:

• Only a tiny fraction of broadcast content is 4k.
  • Only less than 10% of content on Netflix is 4k
  • 90% of console games are not 4k. (and that percentage is already padded by low end games) your main games are certainly not. And they are certainly not near the equivalent 1440p 60-120FPS + or offer multi-screen rendering and ultrawide resolutions.

PS4 games yea, struggling with 30 FPS on anything even remotely demanding, and medium/high settings. You have no idea beyond 1080p what those users are experiencing in reality without breaking it down it further, so your point is intentionally vague for bias.

Never mind the bottom line is, as you guys like to say "There are billions of PCs" and STEAM is a 2 second download. I have a 9 year old laptop (1080p) , a brand new laptop (1080p) and a multi monitor 1440p setup ... I've already brought the percentages down by myself... and my setup is even more niche. Hell, I've probably had multiple old machines and logged into friends machines too.

That being said, I will fully acknowledge higher resolution adoption will be faster for consoles, because its more important to them, TVs are cheap as chips... Monitors are not required in daily life as much so you end up paying a premium. The monitor market is an absolute mess.

Mobile Phones adopted ridiculous resolutions very quickly because they are most popular device period .... doesn't make them better does it?

But you ragging on 1080p as the most important factor is disingenuous to begin with. You are focusing on the broken display market, not the actual experience they are having at that resolution... which chances are is better than the MAJORITY of peasants using base machines by a landslide, and in terms of the games graphics and performance, they could well be better than the PS4 Pro/One X.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@heirren said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf:

Imo its the other way around. Damn near 600 replies. Clearly the pc fanboys are the insecure ones.

Lol i remember when 360 vs ps3 would pop up and itd turn into a pc vs X console thread.

Sweet heart look at the threads popping up on this forum... Its console gamer's making threads about PC gaming.

Another example of how delusional you people are, can't even accept what you are a part of.

I said it once and I'll say it again:

PS4/X1X has slightly higher resolution on similar settings at 30FPS= X1/Pro is a joke... But console gamers at the same time don't see the point of high end gaming which offers higher settings and 60FPS+.

There are double standards and I believe GENUINE delusion fuelled by envy based on the fact that they cannot afford a high end PC.

I turns into those threads because of console gamers they love comparing to PC until the PC version is drastically better then they turn it into a price argument which is what this thread is.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Kali-B1rd
@heirren said:

@kali-b1rd:

Only pc varies as a platform. It only matters what each individual poster is running, not hypothetical top of the line visuals. Double standard in that pc gamers often say "pc is what you make of it, you dont havento spend a fortune," and theyde be right, but these same setups do not produce the visuals of high end rigs.

Since when did this goal post shift? since you declared it? Nah mate. This forum discusses the pros and cons of the systems and their capabilities ... using "Pricing/Performance/Graphics flexibility" as a downright negative is something you guys have concocted since the meta died... anything to fit your agenda.

Those same setups still provide the biggest library of games, the option to have better/stable FPS at the cost of graphics which many people (especially online games) would and always have preferred. Those running at 1080p resolution are not an indication of overall "Quality", as the framerate, graphics settings and modifications (not to mention multiscreening) are not factored into this flawed basic stat which would impact the quality of the game itself FAR more than resolution. Not to mention, portability as an important factor for many, which again are more capable than base PS4/Xbox and will very unlikely offer resolutions above 1080p... because its the smallest upgrade of all aspects.

Mobile phones adopt higher resolutions than your consoles..... so by your own logic, PS4 Pro and Xbox One X are not a good indication of experience because people have had 4K OMOLED displays on phones for years at a higher count and percentage!

Because clearly resolution is THE most important factor right?

Hell, the percent of 1440p VR headsets is higher than the console PS4 Pro/Xbox X adoption, that must mean anybody not using one is a peasant right?

@tormentos this thread is a failure, using a single isolated stat as the prime indication of quality. It's bullshit, and I'm not suprised the only people agreeing are console only gamers that get 4k marketed to them every second.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@kali-b1rd:

You may have to rephrase because when did i say that was a negative. I only pointed out the double standard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

@Grey_Eyed_Elf:

Ive made a similar comment in one of those threads, believe it or not.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts
@kali-b1rd said:
@tormentos said:
@kali-b1rd said:

4K is made for TVs in which:

• Only a tiny fraction of broadcast content is 4k.
  • Only less than 10% of content on Netflix is 4k
  • 90% of console games are not 4k. (and that percentage is already padded by low end games) your main games are certainly not. And they are certainly not near the equivalent 1440p 60-120FPS + or offer multi-screen rendering and ultrawide resolutions.

PS4 games yea, struggling with 30 FPS on anything even remotely demanding, and medium/high settings. You have no idea beyond 1080p what those users are experiencing in reality without breaking it down it further, so your point is intentionally vague for bias.

Never mind the bottom line is, as you guys like to say "There are billions of PCs" and STEAM is a 2 second download. I have a 9 year old laptop (1080p) , a brand new laptop (1080p) and a multi monitor 1440p setup ... I've already brought the percentages down by myself... and my setup is even more niche. Hell, I've probably had multiple old machines and logged into friends machines too.

That being said, I will fully acknowledge higher resolution adoption will be faster for consoles, because its more important to them, TVs are cheap as chips... Monitors are not required in daily life as much so you end up paying a premium. The monitor market is an absolute mess.

Mobile Phones adopted ridiculous resolutions very quickly because they are most popular device period .... doesn't make them better does it?

But you ragging on 1080p as the most important factor is disingenuous to begin with. You are focusing on the broken display market, not the actual experience they are having at that resolution... which chances are is better than the MAJORITY of peasants using base machines by a landslide, and in terms of the games graphics and performance, they could well be better than the PS4 Pro/One X.

You don't need a native 4k display to get 4k resolutions either as it seems these console gamers aren't aware that Nvidia DSR is a thing. Even if a majority game on 1080p they seem to forget how huge the PC platform is so even a small percentage can in reality be a large number. Also he's only factoring in the resolution of just the primary display not those that use multi monitors as the Steam survey shows the most popular multi monitor resolution is 3480x1080p at 74.22%.

Steam was last reported to have 125 million active users with 8.9 concurrent users in early 2015 before it was available in China. In 2018 the concurrent peak was 18.5 million which is more than double the amount of concurrent users it had in 2015. It is safe to assume that at least 25 million new active users joined Steam since 2015. At 150,000,000 users just 1.6% of them with a native 4k display would be around 2.4 million users and 4.71% using native 1440p displays would amount to 7.06 million users. This isn't even factoring that the amount of people using GPUs capable of 4k and 1440p too is much higher than the amount of people using native 4k and 1440p displays.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@bluestars said:

@boxrekt:

Bu but my pc is better

The most common phrase used by ps and pc gamers the second XB1X spec was announced

Bless

Does that possibility hurt your feelings?

Cry me a river.

I guess you use that mentality to make an even more outlandish statement as if your little Xbox One X has the power of a 2080TI.

It's honestly a little below a GTX1060

You need to man up my lil xbox warrior, your XB1X power isn't anything other worldly in the realm of PC gaming.