Why is it so hard for PC gamers to admit most of them don't pay for expensive hardware.

  • 163 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for tormentos
#1 Posted by tormentos (29232 posts) -

This is something that strike me for years,sure nothing beats a PC or come close to it period when the topic is power and graphics,you simply can't beat PC period even if by a miracle lets assume the PS5 get a GPU that beats or match the RTX 2080TI,it would not even matter since 6 months down the line there is a refresh,or hell you don't even have to wait 6 month just put a pair of RTX 2080ti in SLI and you have more power already.

That out of the way is sad how PC gamers pretend than most people go for this hardware,most PC gamers simply will not go for either the best GPU or CPU at all,mid range or even lower is what they will chose on both side GPU and CPU.

So why pretend that consoles gamers are the only gamers that don't want to pay for expensive hardware,i mean console gamer have been paying more for its games than PC for years,console gamers even pay for online play when PC doesn't i think console gamers pay more on the long run than PC gamers do for their hardware,they just don't see it.

In the end most people will pay for what they think serve their purpose either be on PC or consoles,but as stats clearly show on neither camp gamers will go for the the most expensive hardware,the base ps4 outsell the pro,the base xbox one outsell xbox one X and the lesser GPU in PC outsell the RTX 2080 like GPU and even the 2070 by a truck load.

Avatar image for Juub1990
#2 Edited by Juub1990 (8671 posts) -
@tormentos said:

This is something that strike me for years,sure nothing beats a PC or come close to it period when the topic is power and graphics,you simply can't beat PC period even if by a miracle lets assume the PS5 get a GPU that beats or match the RTX 2080TI,it would not even matter since 6 months down the line there is a refresh,or hell you don't even have to wait 6 month just put a pair of RTX 2080ti in SLI and you have more power already.

That out of the way is sad how PC gamers pretend than most people go for this hardware,most PC gamers simply will not go for either the best GPU or CPU at all,mid range or even lower is what they will chose on both side GPU and CPU.

So why pretend that consoles gamers are the only gamers that don't want to pay for expensive hardware,i mean console gamer have been paying more for its games than PC for years,console gamers even pay for online play when PC doesn't i think console gamers pay more on the long run than PC gamers do for their hardware,they just don't see it.

In the end most people will pay for what they think serve their purpose either be on PC or consoles,but as stats clearly show on neither camp gamers will go for the the most expensive hardware,the base ps4 outsell the pro,the base xbox one outsell xbox one X and the lesser GPU in PC outsell the RTX 2080 like GPU and even the 2070 by a truck load.

Nobody "pretends" that most PC gamers rock a 2080 Ti, quit lying and quit being disingenuous.

Bottom of the barrel CPU's and low-end to mid-range cards destroy consoles and are far more expensive as well.

Console gamers were asked to pay 600$ for the PS3 and that was too much and it hurt its sales. The PS3 offered some very nice tech for its price too. You admitted yourself in the other thread even laptops are more expensive than consoles. 400$ is seen as the sweet spot for console and that's hilariously cheap for even a laptop.

Stop lying.

Avatar image for npiet1
#3 Posted by npiet1 (2475 posts) -

Yeah I've said this countless times. Cost to performance ratio, console wins.

Avatar image for djoffer
#4 Edited by djoffer (1425 posts) -

So not a lot of people can afford ultra high end pc’s, more news at eleven!

Not really sure what your point is here? Guessing you are referring to the steam survey showing that a lot of pc’s runs like an old toaster? As other have already pointed out, you can buy a cheap as laptop for work/school and still use it to play an occasional match of cs or lol on, so yeah of course a survey like that will be a bit skewed towards lower end pc and so what?

Personally I am rocking a 1070 GPUs and quite happy about the performance.been Looking into upgrading to 2080 ti, but imo the performance just isn’t there yet for that ridiculous price. So decided to wait until next gen to upgrade.

FYI the graphic on my Pc still craps all over my PS4 pro

Avatar image for Juub1990
#5 Posted by Juub1990 (8671 posts) -
@djoffer said:

So not a lot of people can afford ultra high end pc’s, more news at eleven!

Seriously who the heck pretends a 2080 Ti is the most common card and a 9900K the most common CPU? The point is that they're available. Where is the console equivalent of a high-end PC? Nowhere because it would completely bomb.

Avatar image for Juub1990
#7 Posted by Juub1990 (8671 posts) -
@tormentos said:

Bullshit.

Fact are facts PC gamers in their bast majority are Peasants who pretend to be part of a master race.

If you are not rocking a RXT 2080TI with a shinny new Ryzen from AMD or Intel top pick fact is you are a peasant,the argument about PC vs consoles is lol worthy at best,because if you are going to have that PC has the very best graphics yeah you better own the very best hardware.

Maxing out most games on 4k is something that only the top of the line hardware will mostly do,and please don't come with oh but consoles gamers like 30FPS so i have this GPU that can get 4k 30 in most games,na that argument isn't valied because PC gamers don't like 30FPS or play that way.At least that is what they make us believe here.

$800 is to much,and $600 is to much still on this time for most gamers,just like most PC gamers think a 1070ti is to expensive,or the 2060 or 2070 and so one,and they also think that of intel CPU as well.

Show me these people pretending most PC gamers have top of the line hardware. The premise of your thread is based on a false narrative.

Now please, quote these people claiming most PC's are high-end monsters.

Avatar image for dxmcat
#8 Posted by dxmcat (2706 posts) -

so much "speculation wars"

most people this, most people that. How about what YOU have? haha.

Oh yea, then your argument falls flat.

Avatar image for tormentos
#9 Posted by tormentos (29232 posts) -

@djoffer said:

So not a lot of people can afford ultra high end pc’s, more news at eleven!

Not really sure what your point is here? Guessing you are referring to the steam survey showing that a lot of pc’s runs like an old toaster? As other have already pointed out, you can buy a cheap as laptop for work/school and still use it to play an occasional match of cs or lol on, so yeah of course a survey like that will be a bit skewed towards lower end pc and so what?

Personally I am rocking a 1070 GPUs and quite happy about the performance.been Looking into upgrading to 2080 ti, but imo the performance just isn’t there yet for that ridiculous price. So decided to wait until next gen to upgrade.

FYI the graphic on my Pc still craps all over my PS4 pro

1-That is not my argument,my argument is about hermits pretending that console gamers want ultra powerful hardware but don't want to pay for it,when on PC is the same shit.

2-Nice excuse there is only 1 problem with that those chepo laptops are about 11% on steam and you can clearly identify them by resolution 1366x768 yeah those are cheapo laptops,but then again trying to imply that some one bought a PC for school and that use it as well for gaming doesn't change the fact that the person in question is cheap and is not paying for the very best,we know that because top of the line laptops that come with good GPU built in don't game in 1366x768 those can crank resolution higher than 1080p.

In fact now you can even buy a 4k oled based 2080 laptop man,so if they don't go for that yeah that is because like console gamers PC gamers don't go for the very best.

But that is a point in my favor.

Well thanks you confirmed my point and while the 1070 is a very good GPU is not the top one,it never was from the start.

Avatar image for tormentos
#10 Posted by tormentos (29232 posts) -

@dxmcat said:

so much "speculation wars"

most people this, most people that. How about what YOU have? haha.

Oh yea, then your argument falls flat.

Actually i don't have a gaming PC now and when i did it ported a super powerful and invensible RX270. So you see i am one of those gamers that would not go for the ultra powerful just like most PC gamers are as well.

@Juub1990 said:

Show me these people pretending most PC gamers have top of the line hardware. The premise of your thread is based on a false narrative.

Now please, quote these people claiming most PC's are high-end monsters.

Wait so now arguments here aren't based on WHAT you can get on PC vs what consoles have?

Please man you are just grasping as usual,most PC gamers are cheap peasant,and then there are stupid ones as well who over pay for gaming laptops that like consoles are confined to some specs but that cost twice or ever more than what a console would cost.

Fact is most gamers don't pay for expensive hardware and are peasants,having the option doesn't mean they will go for it.

Avatar image for Juub1990
#11 Edited by Juub1990 (8671 posts) -
@tormentos said:

Actually i don't have a gaming PC now and when i did it ported a super powerful and invensible RX270. So you see i am one of those gamers that would not go for the ultra powerful just like most PC gamers are as well.

Wait so now arguments here aren't based on WHAT you can get on PC vs what consoles have?

Please man you are just grasping as usual,most PC gamers are cheap peasant,and then there are stupid ones as well who over pay for gaming laptops that like consoles are confined to some specs but that cost twice or ever more than what a console would cost.

Fact is most gamers don't pay for expensive hardware and are peasants,having the option doesn't mean they will go for it.

No, the argument is you posting a complete and utter fabrication. "most PC gamers pretend most PC's are top of the line". I'm paraphrasing but quoting you:

That out of the way is sad how PC gamers pretend than most people go for this hardware,most PC gamers simply will not go for either the best GPU or CPU at all,mid range or even lower is what they will chose on both side GPU and CPU.

Once again I ask, where is this majority of PC gamers that claim high-end PC's are the norm? Stop dodging the question and show me these people who say that the 2080 Ti is the most popular PC graphics card.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#12 Edited by ronvalencia (28203 posts) -

@tormentos:

@tormentos said:

This is something that strike me for years,sure nothing beats a PC or come close to it period when the topic is power and graphics,you simply can't beat PC period even if by a miracle lets assume the PS5 get a GPU that beats or match the RTX 2080TI,it would not even matter since 6 months down the line there is a refresh,or hell you don't even have to wait 6 month just put a pair of RTX 2080ti in SLI and you have more power already.

That out of the way is sad how PC gamers pretend than most people go for this hardware,most PC gamers simply will not go for either the best GPU or CPU at all,mid range or even lower is what they will chose on both side GPU and CPU.

So why pretend that consoles gamers are the only gamers that don't want to pay for expensive hardware,i mean console gamer have been paying more for its games than PC for years,console gamers even pay for online play when PC doesn't i think console gamers pay more on the long run than PC gamers do for their hardware,they just don't see it.

In the end most people will pay for what they think serve their purpose either be on PC or consoles,but as stats clearly show on neither camp gamers will go for the the most expensive hardware,the base ps4 outsell the pro,the base xbox one outsell xbox one X and the lesser GPU in PC outsell the RTX 2080 like GPU and even the 2070 by a truck load.

The core problem with NAVI 10 and 256 bit bus is dependency relationship with shader engines scaling which imposes raster hardware limits.

NAVI 10 has two shading engine units connected to four 64 bit bus. NAVI shader engine has two prim triangle units, 32 ROPS, 2MB L2 cache and two 64 bit bus controllers. CU count can scale down or up per shader engine framework.

Based on history

  • Hawaii XT has four shader engines
  • Liverpool(revised Pitcairn with Hawaii's improvements) has two shader engines

It's unlikely PS5 would have PC's high end NAVI with four shader engines.

Avatar image for Juub1990
#13 Posted by Juub1990 (8671 posts) -
@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos:

The core problem with NAVI 10 and 256 bit bus is dependency relationship with shader engines scaling which imposes raster hardware limits.

NAVI 10 has two shading engine units connected to four 64 bit bus. NAVI shader engine has two prim triangle units, 32 ROPS, 2MB L2 cache and two 64 bit bus controllers. CU count can scale down or up per shader engine framework.

Based on history

  • Hawaii XT has four shader engines
  • Liverpool(revised Pitcairn with Hawaii's improvements) has two shader engines

It's unlikely PS5 would have PC's high end NAVI with four shader engines.

No, GTFO of my thread. Don't derail this with some pointless bullshit about specs.

Avatar image for rmpumper
#14 Edited by rmpumper (667 posts) -

Only console kid are sticking to this narrative that you need a $3k PC to play Solitaire.

Exactly 0 PC gamers claim what you say they do, as everyone knows that the majority are gaming at 1080p~60 on sub $1k systems.

@tormentos said:
like console gamers PC gamers don't go for the very best.

Yeah, because console gamers get whatever shit the console manufacturers are peddling, while PC gamers mostly get the best bang for their buck or something better, if they can afford it.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#15 Posted by ronvalencia (28203 posts) -

@Juub1990 said:
@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos:

The core problem with NAVI 10 and 256 bit bus is dependency relationship with shader engines scaling which imposes raster hardware limits.

NAVI 10 has two shading engine units connected to four 64 bit bus. NAVI shader engine has two prim triangle units, 32 ROPS, 2MB L2 cache and two 64 bit bus controllers. CU count can scale down or up per shader engine framework.

Based on history

  • Hawaii XT has four shader engines
  • Liverpool(revised Pitcairn with Hawaii's improvements) has two shader engines

It's unlikely PS5 would have PC's high end NAVI with four shader engines.

No, GTFO of my thread. Don't derail this with some pointless bullshit about specs.

Wrong, specs impose certain limits you fool. YOU FU-OFF.

Avatar image for Juub1990
#16 Posted by Juub1990 (8671 posts) -

@ronvalencia: Dude this is my thread. Don’t derail it with your shit. Get the hell out.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#17 Posted by ronvalencia (28203 posts) -

@Juub1990 said:

@ronvalencia: Dude this is my thread. Don’t derail it with your shit. Get the hell out.

This is Tormented's thread less you're Torm's alt.

Avatar image for Juub1990
#18 Posted by Juub1990 (8671 posts) -

@ronvalencia: I am. Now please leave.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#19 Edited by ronvalencia (28203 posts) -

@Juub1990 said:

@ronvalencia: I am. Now please leave.

Again, this is not your thread unless you are tormentos = Juub1990

I have addressed Tormented's "lets assume the PS5 get a GPU that beats or match the RTX 2080TI"

I'm not leaving. Who are you?

You're not in position to tell another poster to leave.

Avatar image for boxrekt
#20 Posted by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@tormentos said:

This is something that strike me for years,sure nothing beats a PC or come close to it period when the topic is power and graphics...

I guess if you're talking about demos and unfinished barely playable passion projects, as far as fully complete and highly polished games that actually released on the market. PC hasn't reall lead in graphics since Crysis released in 2007.

The most praised games for graphics the last 3 years in a row were PS4 exclusives:

  • 2016 Uncharted 4
  • 2017 Horizon Zero Dawn
  • 2018 God of War.

And 2019 will be another PS4 exclusive in Death Stranding so yea, PC definitely has more power than anything but the best graphics in real games? Nah, that title belongs to console exclusives and it's been that way for a long time.

Avatar image for Juub1990
#21 Posted by Juub1990 (8671 posts) -
@boxrekt said:

I guess if you're talking about demos and unfinished barely playable passion projects, as far as fully complete and highly polished games that actually released on the market. PC hasn't reall lead in graphics since Crysis released in 2007.

The most praised games for graphics the last 3 years in a row were PS4 exclusives:

  • 2016 Uncharted 4
  • 2017 Horizon Zero Dawn
  • 2018 God of War.

And 2019 will be another PS4 exclusive in Death Stranding so yea, PC definitely has more power than anything but the best graphics in real games? Nah, that title belongs to console exclusives and it's been that way for a long time.

Avatar image for Juub1990
#22 Posted by Juub1990 (8671 posts) -
@ronvalencia said:

Again, this is not your thread unless you are tormentos = Juub1990

I have addressed Tormented's "lets assume the PS5 get a GPU that beats or match the RTX 2080TI"

I'm not leaving. Who are you?

You're not in position to tell another poster to leave.

@tormentos Can you please escort this man out of this thread?

Thank you.

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#23 Edited by ronvalencia (28203 posts) -

@tormentos:

Sales argument

https://www.techradar.com/au/news/nvidias-rtx-graphics-cards-start-racking-up-sales-led-by-rtx-2060

Nvidia’s RTX graphics cards start racking up sales led by RTX 2060

It seems that Nvidia’s new RTX graphics cards are starting to gain some momentum in terms of sales, at least if the latest figures from the Steam hardware survey are anything to go by.

The March stats show that the most affordable of the RTX GPUs, the GeForce RTX 2060, has made the biggest monthly gain out of all the graphics cards being used by Steam gamers – and by a long way.

The RTX 2060 made a jump of 0.27% in March, which is 50% more than the card which made the second biggest gain in terms of user numbers, namely the GTX 1070 which showed a 0.18% increase.

Before we get too carried away, though, the RTX 2060 actually only stands at 0.27% of the overall market – in other words, in the previous month of February, it held a negligible market share.

So, there’s still a long way to go, but this is a positive sign for Nvidia, and equally the gains made by the RTX 2070 and RTX 2080 will also be encouraging for the company.

The RTX 2070 actually made the fourth biggest gain of all graphics cards with an uptick of 0.15%, and the 2080 saw a 0.1% increase. Again, however, the total market share of these GPUs is relatively small, standing at 0.65% and 0.5% respectively.

To put that in perspective, the current king of the market, the GTX 1060, is used by 15.58% of Steam gamers, which is way ahead of the second-place GTX 1050 Ti on 9.68%, and the GTX 1050, which stands at 5.31%.

Remember that these are the top three performers, so the share that most GPUs hold is relatively thin, with a very diverse range of ownership when it comes to graphics cards. Incidentally, all of those three dropped market share this month, declining by 0.3%, 0.15%, and 0.03% in the case of the GTX 1060, 1050 Ti, and 1050 respectively.

Interestingly, the other last-gen Nvidia cards gained ground, with the fourth-placed GTX 1070 picking up 0.18%, and the GTX 1080 increasing by 0.07%, with the GTX 1080 Ti experiencing a 0.08% uptick – presumably given that falling prices of these outgoing cards are tempting gamers.

AMD’s well behind

AMD’s most popular card, the Radeon RX 580, only holds 1.1% of the market and is in 13th place according to Steam, although it did make an impressive 0.16% gain in March.

We’ve already heard plenty about AMD’s dwindling share in recent times in terms of the overall desktop GPU market, as gamers have seemingly lost patience waiting for the arrival of AMD’s new Navi GPUs (the Radeon VII not being nearly enough to tide them over).

Given this overall market picture, and the growth in the adoption of the new RTX cards highlighted here, Nvidia can doubtless expect sales to gather further momentum. Although while the RTX 2060 has made a big leap in particular, in March, it will be interesting to see whether its progress is at all impeded by the release of cheaper Turing cards (namely the new more affordable GTX models, headed up by the GTX 1660 Ti).

https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/288080-nvidia-turing-sales-revenue-up-45-percent-over-pascal

As for the claim that 90 percent of Nvidia’s market is below the performance of a 1660 Ti? That looks pretty true. Using the Steam Hardware Survey’s numbers (and classifying the 1070 and 1660 Ti as equivalent), there are just four GPUs with any significant market share above the 1660 Ti’s performance: GTX 1070, 1070 Ti, 1080, and 1080 Ti. Add them up, and that’s 10.65 percent.

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/steam-one-billion-accounts-1203201159/

Steam's 90 million active users * 10.65 percent = ‭9,585,000‬ units estimated being greater than GTX 1660.

9.585 million GP104/GP102 GPU sales are more than X1X estimated sales LOL.

Avatar image for heirren
#24 Posted by Heirren (2220 posts) -

@tormentos:

I was expecting poll options for this topic.

Avatar image for phbz
#25 Posted by phbz (4575 posts) -

But ROPS my dude!

Avatar image for boxrekt
#26 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@Juub1990 said:
@boxrekt said:

I guess if you're talking about demos and unfinished barely playable passion projects, as far as fully complete and highly polished games that actually released on the market. PC hasn't reall lead in graphics since Crysis released in 2007.

The most praised games for graphics the last 3 years in a row were PS4 exclusives:

  • 2016 Uncharted 4
  • 2017 Horizon Zero Dawn
  • 2018 God of War.

And 2019 will be another PS4 exclusive in Death Stranding so yea, PC definitely has more power than anything but the best graphics in real games? Nah, that title belongs to console exclusives and it's been that way for a long time.

That's nice.

PC gamers always hype up our multiplat hand-me-downs up scaled on PC for graphics until our AAA exclusives release and blow them out the water and all the praise for those mutiplats on graphics become a distant memory.

Before HZD released it was Assassins Creed Origin, before God of War released it was Far Cry 5. This is the expected process leading down a path to the same eventual outcome as always.

Avatar image for Juub1990
#27 Posted by Juub1990 (8671 posts) -
@boxrekt said:

That's nice.

PC gamers always hype up our multiplat hand-me-downs up scaled on PC for graphics until our AAA exclusives release and blow them out the water and all the praise for those mutiplats on graphics become a distant memory.

Before HZD released it was Assassins Creed Origin, before God of War released it was Far Cry 5. This is the expected process leading down a path to the same eventual outcome as always.

Never heard any praise about Far Cry 5. It looks good but was never a contender.

A for the rest of the post, yes PS exclusives look great. As do the best looking multiplats. You trying to paint a false narrative that the exclusives "blow them out of the water" is just that, a false narrative. They all look great and have their strength and weakness. Except these weakness can be greatly mitigated on PC.

Avatar image for xantufrog
#28 Edited by xantufrog (11609 posts) -

I regularly state how little I spend on my PC. The only people I see claiming we all have dual 2080TIs are people like Calvin trying to bullshit some fantasy about us being boobs who don't know how to spend our money.

Really get tired of characters like Giovela and Cloud telling others what it means to be a PC gamer when they are literally completely off the mark in describing me. Do you run around telling other races what it means to be themselves based on asinine generalizations?

Avatar image for Juub1990
#29 Posted by Juub1990 (8671 posts) -

@xantufrog: Notice tormentos never showed this large portion of the PC community that claims we all rock RTX 2080 Ti/9900K.

Avatar image for Random_Matt
#30 Posted by Random_Matt (4290 posts) -

People spout shit on SW, hasn't anyone accepted that yet?

Avatar image for xantufrog
#31 Posted by xantufrog (11609 posts) -

@Juub1990: yup, more of the same. PC is great because it can be anything to anyone. And who gives a shit if one person plays on an RX470 and another has a 2080TI? Seems the only ones who do are those on other platforms looking in from the outside and confusing that as a bad thing instead of what makes it a great platform

Avatar image for tormentos
#32 Posted by tormentos (29232 posts) -

@Juub1990 said:

No, the argument is you posting a complete and utter fabrication. "most PC gamers pretend most PC's are top of the line". I'm paraphrasing but quoting you:

That out of the way is sad how PC gamers pretend than most people go for this hardware,most PC gamers simply will not go for either the best GPU or CPU at all,mid range or even lower is what they will chose on both side GPU and CPU.

Once again I ask, where is this majority of PC gamers that claim high-end PC's are the norm? Stop dodging the question and show me these people who say that the 2080 Ti is the most popular PC graphics card.

Thst is how each and every one of you ACT here when ever there is a graphics comparison and you compare then xbox one X or Pro vs what you get on a top of the line GPU.

Stop playing stupid man.

Again if you are going to argue the VERY BEST VERSION of games you better have the very best version of hardware anything less is peasant period.

Now you can keep spinning and hiding after i showed YOU how small is the % of people who go extra expensive on PC.

How can that happen? There's an obsession among console gamers about specs, graphical horsepower, custom SSD's etc and yet it's been historically proven that the vast majority of them will not shell out the money for a powerful console.

You ^^ on your thread.

It is historically proven that PC gamers don't go for that shit either.

Which is why you try to hide on laptops but after i showed you those account for only 11% on steam you started to spin and hide. lol

@ronvalencia said:
@Juub1990 said:

@ronvalencia: I am. Now please leave.

Again, this is not your thread unless you are tormentos = Juub1990

I have addressed Tormented's "lets assume the PS5 get a GPU that beats or match the RTX 2080TI"

I'm not leaving. Who are you?

You're not in position to tell another poster to leave.

Jubb just confused my thread whith his..

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos:

Sales argument

As for the claim that 90 percent of Nvidia’s market is below the performance of a 1660 Ti? That looks pretty true. Using the Steam Hardware Survey’s numbers (and classifying the 1070 and 1660 Ti as equivalent), there are just four GPUs with any significant market share above the 1660 Ti’s performance: GTX 1070, 1070 Ti, 1080, and 1080 Ti. Add them up, and that’s 10.65 percent.

https://variety.com/2019/gaming/news/steam-one-billion-accounts-1203201159/

Steam's 90 million active users * 10.65 percent = ‭9,585,000‬ units estimated being greater than GTX 1660.

9.585 million GP104/GP102 GPU sales are more than X1X estimated sales LOL.

Thaks for proving my point most PC gamers will not go for the RTX 2080ti but rather the lower end 2060 which has like 1% or less on steam survey now.

Avatar image for tormentos
#33 Posted by tormentos (29232 posts) -

@Juub1990 said:

@tormentos Can you please escort this man out of this thread?

Thank you.

Hes like beach sand once it get into your car is close to impossible to take it all out. lol

He already quoted me with something irrelevant..hahahaha

Avatar image for Juub1990
#34 Edited by Juub1990 (8671 posts) -
@tormentos said:

Thst is how each and every one of you ACT here when ever there is a graphics comparison and you compare then xbox one X or Pro vs what you get on a top of the line GPU.

Stop playing stupid man.

Again if you are going to argue the VERY BEST VERSION of games you better have the very best version of hardware anything less is peasant period.

Now you can keep spinning and hiding after i showed YOU how small is the % of people who go extra expensive on PC.

You ^^ on your thread.

It is historically proven that PC gamers don't go for that shit either.

Which is why you try to hide on laptops but after i showed you those account for only 11% on steam you started to spin and hide. lol

Jubb just confused my thread whith his..

Thaks for proving my point most PC gamers will not go for the RTX 2080ti but rather the lower end 2060 which has like 1% or less on steam survey now.

Stop dodging the fucking question.

Show me these PC gamers who claim we all have top of the line hardware for Christ's sake. The entire premise of your OP is based on this. Now either it's a complete lie or you produce evidence. Can you please stop sidestepping it? Thank you.

That out of the way is sad how PC gamers pretend than most people go for this hardware,most PC gamers simply will not go for either the best GPU or CPU at all,mid range or even lower is what they will chose on both side GPU and CPU.

I'm still waiting for that.

As for the rest, less than 15M PS4 Pros have been sold. 1/3 of the GPU's in the Steam surveys are 970 or above in terms of performance. With 90M monthly users that's about 30M PC gamers who have rigs destroying the PS4 Pro. So it's false that PC gamers cheap out as much as console gamers on hardware. Sony reported 20% of the PS4 sold in 2017 were Pros. 33% of the GPU's on Steam are better than the PS4 Pro.

Avatar image for boxrekt
#35 Posted by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@Juub1990 said:
@boxrekt said:

That's nice.

PC gamers always hype up our multiplat hand-me-downs up scaled on PC for graphics until our AAA exclusives release and blow them out the water and all the praise for those mutiplats on graphics become a distant memory.

Before HZD released it was Assassins Creed Origin, before God of War released it was Far Cry 5. This is the expected process leading down a path to the same eventual outcome as always.

Never heard any praise about Far Cry 5. It looks good but was never a contender.

A for the rest of the post, yes PS exclusives look great. As do the best looking multiplats. You trying to paint a false narrative that the exclusives "blow them out of the water" is just that, a false narrative. They all look great and have their strength and weakness. Except these weakness can be greatly mitigated on PC.

🤭yeah I was being a bit disingenuous there. You got me.

They all look pretty dang impressive at this point in the generation.

Avatar image for boxrekt
#36 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@xantufrog said:

I regularly state how little I spend on my PC. The only people I see claiming we all have dual 2080TIs are people like Calvin trying to bullshit some fantasy about us being boobs who don't know how to spend our money.

Really get tired of characters like Giovela and Cloud telling others what it means to be a (insert preference) gamer when they are literally completely off the mark in describing me. Do you run around telling other races what it means to be themselves based on asinine generalizations?

Honestly, which fanbase group doesn't feel like that?

Pretty sure you're not a stranger to hearing that same logic only applied to cows, lems or sheep. It's not like PC fans are singled out in any generalization labeling.

If you'd like I could go down the line listing all the things cows apparently are that don't apply to sony fans or me in general.

🤷 You may only see it for PC gamers because you identify with that group more but your "race" is far from being targeted.

Avatar image for bluestars
#37 Posted by Bluestars (189 posts) -

There is only 2 type of gamers who pretend they have a beast of a pc

Pc and PS4 fanboys who’s console/ rig gets destroyed by XB1X

Avatar image for xantufrog
#38 Posted by xantufrog (11609 posts) -

@boxrekt: it's true of course, it's easier to spot the offense when it's aimed at oneself.

Avatar image for boxrekt
#39 Edited by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@xantufrog said:

@boxrekt: it's true of course, it's easier to spot the offense when it's aimed at oneself.

lol

@bluestars said:

There is only 2 type of gamers who pretend they have a beast of a pc

Pc and PS4 fanboys who’s console/ rig gets destroyed by XB1X

Exhibit A

Aaaand, I rest my case!

🤭 guess that means only Xbox fans have beast PCs since he didn't list them in the "pretenders" section.

Avatar image for bluestars
#40 Posted by Bluestars (189 posts) -

@boxrekt:

No Xbox gamers pretend to have an XB1X

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#41 Posted by MonsieurX (39180 posts) -

Why is this even a point\thread?

Avatar image for boxrekt
#42 Posted by BoxRekt (2004 posts) -
@bluestars said:

@boxrekt:

No Xbox gamers pretend to have an XB1X

😂 neither do any PS fans.

Dafuq?

Avatar image for zaryia
#43 Edited by Zaryia (9432 posts) -
@boxrekt said:
  • 2016 Uncharted 4
  • 2017 Horizon Zero Dawn
  • 2018 God of War.

1. PC is currently the GFX KING due to Metro, among others that look better than those 3 titles you listed.

2. PS4 only has 3 or 4 amazing looking games. PC has dozens. Do a top 50 list for this gen, 90% will be PC titles.

3. You really seem to be into graphics and hardware. Did you by any chance play most AAA games on PS4 this gen? Why would you play the vastly worse looking and running version of most games if all you do is talk about graphics?

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#44 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3333 posts) -

This thread is one wild ride

Avatar image for Pedro
#45 Posted by Pedro (35432 posts) -

OP is right, Sony fannies love to pretend to have high end PCs everytime graphics is mentioned being superior on a specific console or games not being available on another specific but available on PC. Good job calling out these liars OP.🤣😂

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#46 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4869 posts) -
@Pedro said:

OP is right, Sony fannies love to pretend to have high end PCs everytime graphics is mentioned being superior on a specific console or games not being available on another specific but available on PC. Good job calling out these liars OP.🤣😂

You'll never play Xbox games as well I can, peasant. That's all that counts. Phil already knocked you down a class because you suck on X teats.

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
#47 Posted by NoodleFighter (10452 posts) -

@zaryia: Digital Foundry only matters to cows when it is in their favor

Avatar image for Pedro
#48 Posted by Pedro (35432 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:

You'll never play Xbox games as well I can, peasant. That's all that counts. Phil already knocked you down a class because you suck on X teats.

Aren't you tired being owned by me? You like getting a beat down son? And as per typical you can't help yourself but to talk about your weird obsession with Phil Spencer. Also, you weren't smart enough to realize that you are proving my point. 🤣😂

"Sony fannies love to pretend to have high end PCs everytime graphics is mentioned"🤣😂

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
#49 Edited by Stevo_the_gamer (45219 posts) -

@tormentos said:

This is something that strike me for years,sure nothing beats a PC or come close to it period when the topic is power and graphics,you simply can't beat PC period even if by a miracle lets assume the PS5 get a GPU that beats or match the RTX 2080TI,it would not even matter since 6 months down the line there is a refresh,or hell you don't even have to wait 6 month just put a pair of RTX 2080ti in SLI and you have more power already.

That out of the way is sad how PC gamers pretend than most people go for this hardware

Who says this?

Avatar image for Xabiss
#50 Posted by Xabiss (2853 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

OP is right, Sony fannies love to pretend to have high end PCs everytime graphics is mentioned being superior on a specific console or games not being available on another specific but available on PC. Good job calling out these liars OP.🤣😂

You'll never play Xbox games as well I can, peasant. That's all that counts. Phil already knocked you down a class because you suck on X teats.

And which OS do you use to run those games? Microsoft wins again.