Why is it so hard for PC gamers to admit most of them don't pay for expensive hardware.

• 163 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#151 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@boxrekt said:
@xantufrog said:

I regularly state how little I spend on my PC. The only people I see claiming we all have dual 2080TIs are people like Calvin trying to bullshit some fantasy about us being boobs who don't know how to spend our money.

Really get tired of characters like Giovela and Cloud telling others what it means to be a (insert preference) gamer when they are literally completely off the mark in describing me. Do you run around telling other races what it means to be themselves based on asinine generalizations?

Honestly, which fanbase group doesn't feel like that? So that makes it ok?

Pretty sure you're not a stranger to hearing that same logic only applied to cows, lems or sheep. It's not like PC fans are singled out in any generalization labeling. No, but you few trolls use this as your only valid (in your heads anyway) ammunition.

If you'd like I could go down the line listing all the things cows apparently are that don't apply to sony fans or me in general. Go ahead.

? You may only see it for PC gamers because you identify with that group more but your "race" is far from being targeted.

And yet your group's threads are absolutely all identical at the moment. Funny that? There's not point in being disingenuous about the situation.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts

@boxrekt said:

@baelnergal: After reading your post I'm convinced something is wrong with you.

The fact that you're trying to excuse yourself for flag bombing because you haven't flag bombed even more of my posts, that were never justified to begin with, tells me you don't have any integrity.

NEWS FLASH, throughout all that entire debate there were loads of posters who didn't agree with me and I didn't flag ANY of those posters, not even cowards who flagged me.

BTW: I didn't ignore any arguments in that thread. I addressed them with my replies. The fact that I didn't agree with those arguments and EXPLAINED why must have pissed you off.

Also the ONLY person in that thread to actually give a solid, rational argument backed up by their own evidence was @xantufrog And not only did I congratulate him on a great counter argument against mine, I presented my own rebuttal to that post as well. But you're shamelessly telling everyone I ignored all arguments.

So you on top of showing no integrity for your flagrant flag bombing, you also make up lies; this highlights the fact you're desperate and struggling to deflect from your admitted flag spamming.

Box, I have enough integrity to own up to what I've done. You are not even showing that much.

And, dude, flagging isn't what I do when ticked off; it's what I do when facing a spammy troll who pretty much destroyed their own integrity and tries to overwhelm their opposition through sheer volume of replies. I didn't flag Calvincfb or Brah4ever; I only flagged you.

And, I love how you bring that up about Xantu, when what Xantu did was simply what a number of other people did in much shorter form earlier in the thread. Everyone who can look at that thread can see it, including all of the pictures posted. You are outright lying.

The best part? Between the two of us, I'm the only one who can prove the accusation of lying. All I have to do is link the thread. In fact, here's just one of the posts that you say were never made. Oh, and let's not forget I had the integrity to call out one of the people on my side.

Ya know, for someone who lies and has no integrity, I have way too much evidence to support what I'm saying...

@calvincfb said:
@baelnergal said:

Why haven't I ended up banned yet for flag abuse?

Because it takes 3 warnings for you to get banned. You might've got a warning but obviously you won't tell us.

No warnings yet. I did get flagged at one point. Took a couple days for the karma to fade.

And, yeah. If I got a warning, I'd own up to it. Just like I owned up to the fact that PCs always having access to the latest technology isn't necessarily a good thing and that consoles have the advantage of the technology being more developed and stable when it hits release for them. Plus, consoles have the advantage of being cheaper for the overall lifespan when it comes to the latest tech, though that advantage is slowly fading thanks to the computer technology plateau and the need to continually develop new consoles.

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#153 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

All these PC bashing threads and I'm here playing at 1440p/1080p and 60fps.

*sips mango juice*

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts
@jasonofa36 said:

All these PC bashing threads and I'm here playing at 1440p/1080p and 60fps.

*sips mango juice*

It's a hard knock life.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kali-b1rd said:

Except the only double standard is coming from your crowd because you are all implying you are playing games above 1080p... when the Pro and X adoption rate is a small minority of the great picture.

PC gamers brag about graphics yes, they also brag about everything else. And brag about having the option to scale those elements within cost/value.

Never has it EVER been otherwise.

And i was the first to point out that people presented with a choice of doing the same thing,in this case playing the same games for less money will always go for the cheaper option.

This is the case for PC and consoles.

And i already told you that before the Pro was launch the arguments were the same and PC gamers still used shots of games been run on ultra settings and 4k or in cases video showcasing high frame rates of ultra powerful GPU which most of them don't even go for.

PC is basically the contrary of consoles,while most console developers will try to get the best possible picture quality at the expense of frames,PC gamers will probably rock a 1060GPU and run the game at higher frames by trading resolution.

Which is why 64% of steam still is on 1080p which is basically a TV resolution.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@BassMan said:

When comparing platforms, it is all about what the platforms are capable of. If someone doesn't have a high end PC rig, then that is on them and not the PC platform. Most of the regular PC posters on here have high end hardware. Whereas none of the console posters have high end hardware. So, it is silly to try and bash PC.

Nice spin.

You nor all PC gamers on this forum represent even 1% of the totality of PC gamers,so you going for a RTX2080ti is irrelevant when 99% of the market will not.

PC like consoles are full of peasants period,most people don't pay the top dollars for this machines to run their games.

I don't have a problem with PC been picture as the best,because IT IS period the choices are there which is better ultimately than not having any or been confined to just 2 sku.

What i have a problem is the notion that most PC gamers are that much different from console ones when they mostly don't get the very best experience just as consoles gamers.

@baelnergal said:

Flag-bombed? I only flagged three of your posts. The same three that involved you spamming the thread with multiple replies to the same person. And that was after you made it clear you were ignoring all evidence posted by anyone except you, including that posted by people on your own side.

And you can check my posting history and see where I admit people I was talking to have good points. So your claim I can't accept arguments made is outright countered just by looking at what I've outright said.

Face it, Box... the only one between us wearing those glasses is you.

But, really, this is what you look like when you try to claim victory like this or act the victim:

Flag bombing people here without justification will get you banned,mods can tell you know.

Check your posting history you mean the full 3 weeks...lol

mobius_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 mobius_basic
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts

To answer the original question from my personal perspective. I buy pretty decent PC hardware at a time when I feel I need a refresh. No I am not talking UBER parts that are insanely expensive but certainly high end enthusiast grade components when I do a complete platform refresh. My last complete refresh was back in 2015 when the Skylake platform was released using a i7 6700K coupled with a 980ti. I then bought a GTX 1080 at launch in 2016 to replace the 980ti for some extra graphical umpf. Before the Skylake upgrade I was on a i7 3770k Ivy Bridge (2012). So as you can see my PC upgrade cycles are 3-4yrs long with maybe a new GPU sprinkled in. I pay a good amount of money for the systems and get my worth out of it.

So by today’s standard’s my PC may look dated in a survey but I did spend a good penny on building the system at the time. So now by today's standards, it's not the latest and greatest. It’s not because “I cheaped out” building it. There are always the few that go grab the newest shiniest GPU/CPU/mobo etc but I think a lot of PC gamers take this approach and upgrade in cycles like this.

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@tormentos said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Except the only double standard is coming from your crowd because you are all implying you are playing games above 1080p... when the Pro and X adoption rate is a small minority of the great picture.

PC gamers brag about graphics yes, they also brag about everything else. And brag about having the option to scale those elements within cost/value.

Never has it EVER been otherwise.

And i was the first to point out that people presented with a choice of doing the same thing,in this case playing the same games for less money will always go for the cheaper option. Except they don't? Hence the millions of mid-high graphics cards being sold yearly...... the fact that PC gaming has and still is very big in the gaming industry.

This is the case for PC and consoles. But low-mid-high range PCS/Laptops are more expensive and still incredibly popular...

And i already told you that before the Pro was launch the arguments were the same and PC gamers still used shots of games been run on ultra settings and 4k or in cases video showcasing high frame rates of ultra powerful GPU which most of them don't even go for. They also show you videos of mods at 1440p, or even 1080p and the likes.... yea I would never choose 4k, because 4k is the smallest visual upgrade you can have... it's literally a downgrade from 1440p and have 100+FPS in any meaningful way.

PC is basically the contrary of consoles,while most console developers will try to get the best possible picture quality at the expense of frames,PC gamers will probably rock a 1060GPU and run the game at higher frames by trading resolution. Highly depends on the genres.... bit a high-end graphics card will do both. Hell for most 3rd party games, a higher-mid range card will do both.

Which is why 64% of steam still is on 1080p which is basically a TV resolution. Also the distance to the screen factors. And how pretty much any buy guide suggests 1440p over 4k.

I mean, here is the reality for you:

• Higher-mid and high end cards were matching the PS4/Xbox one X on launch or performing better.
  • By year 2-3 of the consoles , any mid-range card wins.
  • 10xx series for the most part still beats the Pro/X and has been around what 4 years....

What you can observe of the 4k Market:

• TV adoption rate is incredibly high, but not in any form for high end gaming.
  • Neither TV Broadcast or Streaming offer anything more than 5-10% of thier content in 4k... and that's being generous.
  • PC gaming had produce the most 4k games with absolutely no contest.
  • Most choose not to however, because graphics settings and framerate add far more to a game.

So yea, not many PC gamers running 4k screens, because its not worth it.

So in the current climate, what does 4k add exactly? And why do you think 1080p PC gamers do not have better graphics/framerate than most console gamers hmm?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#159 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

@tormentos said:
@BassMan said:

When comparing platforms, it is all about what the platforms are capable of. If someone doesn't have a high end PC rig, then that is on them and not the PC platform. Most of the regular PC posters on here have high end hardware. Whereas none of the console posters have high end hardware. So, it is silly to try and bash PC.

Nice spin.

You nor all PC gamers on this forum represent even 1% of the totality of PC gamers,so you going for a RTX2080ti is irrelevant when 99% of the market will not.

PC like consoles are full of peasants period,most people don't pay the top dollars for this machines to run their games.

I don't have a problem with PC been picture as the best,because IT IS period the choices are there which is better ultimately than not having any or been confined to just 2 sku.

Competitions/battles are fought with the best from each competing side. You send your best warriors out to win the battle. So, stop trying to put limitations on the PC platform. Someone choosing to buy cheap hardware or not able to afford high end gear is a personal issue and not one of the platform. Consoles are limited to shit tier hardware. PCs are not.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#160 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

@BassMan said:

Competitions/battles are fought with the best from each competing side. You send your best warriors out to win the battle. So, stop trying to put limitations on the PC platform. Someone choosing to buy cheap hardware or not able to afford high end gear is a personal issue and not one of the platform. Consoles are limited to shit tier hardware. PCs are not.

Cost is factually a limitation of PC gaming. Lets not pretend that it isn't.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#161  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17796 Posts

@Pedro: You get what you pay for. I have always stated this. PC has a wide range of components that people can buy. Each person makes their own decisions.

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

Cost is factually a limitation of PC gaming. Lets not pretend that it isn't.

Cost is a limit of anything, lol.

BaelNergal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 BaelNergal
Member since 2019 • 570 Posts

@tormentos said:

Nice spin.

What i have a problem is the notion that most PC gamers are that much different from console ones when they mostly don't get the very best experience just as consoles gamers.

What makes it hilarious? Many of us PC gamers are also console gamers. So there really shouldn't be as big of a divide in conversation as there has been.

And, end of the day, what both groups have been comparing on here is the best that they have to offer, not the objective reality of what each side mostly uses; if we went with the second, both groups would be posting far worse quality screenshots than they have been for comparison purposes. Because just like most PC gamers do not buy the latest and greatest, most console players don't buy the most powerful version of their console.

So, basically, this topic has been spawned by ongoing fighting between a portion of the PS4 fanbase and a portion of the PC fanbase comparing the best of what each has... while ignoring that what the best of each has is not actually what the majority of their respective fanbases actually use.

So, Bassman isn't spinning it. Bassman is merely reflecting on the truth of the matter.

@tormentos said:

Flag bombing people here without justification will get you banned,mods can tell you know.

Check your posting history you mean the full 3 weeks...lol

I'm well aware. There was also a mod reading the thread at the time I did it. And, afterward, my karma was reset while the person I flagged ended up with 6 karma (which means I wasn't the only one who flagged them). I actually didn't get any karma that remained until a couple days later.

And, since then, I have not flagged a single post.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#164  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@tormentos said:

is sad how PC gamers pretend than most people go for this hardware,

Name me one PC gamer that pretended to have cutting edge hardware.

To add to that, they had to state they had certain hardware, only to be proven wrong. Can't just go around spouting names.

Sorry to hijack, but wanted to add that detail, because these guys squirm around a point, or just ignore it altogether.

TC, you are consistently one for calling out people with prior posts... Can you address this?

Exactly who are you addressing with this thread?

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#165 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

TC is never going to back this up. They can't, and they've had long enough to try. It's simply a falacy spewed out to bait