Why don't YOU own a 3DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts
Because it's called a DS and not Game Boy.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="campzor"]i was contemplating getting one the other day..but than i thought to myself... "why the hell would i buy this" instead i buy Deus ex instead... there are AT LEAST 10 games from now till november which i want to buy... on top of that.. there is NOTHING worth buying for the 3ds... and even the games at the end of the year dont even look that great..same old.

LOL :lol: give me a break No games worth owning now and end of year? :lol: that really reminds me of the ps3

only decent game is a 10+ year old port...and the only ones which look decent are mario kart 7 and mario 3d land and they both are not worth buying a 3ds for... i rather just buy 10+ ps3 games
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="campzor"]i was contemplating getting one the other day..but than i thought to myself... "why the hell would i buy this" instead i buy Deus ex instead... there are AT LEAST 10 games from now till november which i want to buy... on top of that.. there is NOTHING worth buying for the 3ds... and even the games at the end of the year dont even look that great..same old.campzor
LOL :lol: give me a break No games worth owning now and end of year? :lol: that really reminds me of the ps3

only decent game is a 10+ year old port...and the only ones which look decent are mario kart 7 and mario 3d land and they both are not worth buying a 3ds for... i rather just buy 10+ ps3 games

Good for you, yo. I'd do the same if there were any PS3 games to buy.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]@rawsavon My boy, using popularity does not conclude an argument ;) , it's like using the sales arguments. So if all of you guys like mcdonalds then it makes it better than my preferred 5 star restaurant? ;) I think not. Gamespot gave those games positive scores ;), so what do you say now?

Using your opinion or GS's scores does not conclude the argument ;) The question asked ITT is a personal one. You are attempting to answer/win an argument that was never posed ITT. ...in other words, you are attempting to answer the wrong question The question asked is why does each person (on an individual level) not own a 3DS. Their personal opinion/reasons for not owning one are the only things that matter. Whatever they say is the answer/is the winning argument b/c that is what they decided to use as their basis. For me, I think the games suck and none interest me. For others, they are not interested in 3D Some are waiting for the new model Some think it is too expensive etc, etc, etc Their reasoning is all that matters. If they think Mcdonalds is better than a 5 star rated restaurant, then it is...for them...which is what was asked. It is where they will spend their money In addition, it is obvious that a lot more people felt this way than Nintendo thought. So the consensus has not been as Nintendo predicted ;)
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="campzor"]i was contemplating getting one the other day..but than i thought to myself... "why the hell would i buy this" instead i buy Deus ex instead... there are AT LEAST 10 games from now till november which i want to buy... on top of that.. there is NOTHING worth buying for the 3ds... and even the games at the end of the year dont even look that great..same old.

Ssf4, mercenaries, OOT, DOA and tales of abyss. OOT is one of the best games of all time, bud. Buy 10 ps3 games but they are all not worth playing
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 LastRambo341
@rawsavon There is a difference between a game that sucks (as in it is really bad) and a game that doesn't appeal to you. For example, FIFA doesn't appeal to me, but is it a BAD game/franchise? Of course not. $180 is expensive? Wow, never knew the economy is that bad. If people prefer eating poop, then let em go ahead and do that. As for myself, I'd rather have a nice steak in a 5star restaurant.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#207 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
I hate the 3D, it doesn't work well for me. I am not a fan of the games and there's only so much Mario i can handle no matter how good or different the style is it's still that stumpy little face that irritates me seeing on about every third game Nintendo makes.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 campzor

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] LOL :lol: give me a break No games worth owning now and end of year? :lol: that really reminds me of the ps3mmmwksil

Good for you, yo. I'd do the same if there were any PS3 games to buy.

Just answered the OP, dont know why everyones getting defensive.. Uncharted 3, resistance 3 , dead island , mw3 , battlefield 3 , Rage , Batman , Saints rows 3 , Operation raccoon city and White knight chronicles are going to be fantastic.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 campzor
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] LOL :lol: give me a break No games worth owning now and end of year? :lol: that really reminds me of the ps3

Ssf4, mercenaries, OOT, DOA and tales of abyss. OOT is one of the best games of all time, bud. Buy 10 ps3 games but they are all not worth playing

yes they will all be worth playing. Zelda has never interested me.. i have the superior sf on my ps3, i dont like 3d fighters outside of tekken (DOA, and even than tekken has gotten stale as of late) and wont comment on those other 2 games. Frankly i cant see any reason to get a 3ds in the future. With the amount of titles coming out on the ps3 and what has been shown on the vita (which looks HEAPS better than the 3ds games) i just dont see the point to try out a handful of games (which dont look that great to begin with imo) But i wont stop u from enjoying them.
mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

Just answered the OP, dont know why everyones getting defensive.. Uncharted 3, resistance 3 , dead island , mw3 , battlefield 3 , Rage , Batman , Saints rows 3 , Operation raccoon city and White knight chronicles are going to be fantastic.campzor

They feel like justifying their purchase. I would've chosen the pile of games over the handheld myself, given the choice.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 rawsavon
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]@rawsavon There is a difference between a game that sucks (as in it is really bad) and a game that doesn't appeal to you. For example, FIFA doesn't appeal to me, but is it a BAD game/franchise? Of course not. $180 is expensive? Wow, never knew the economy is that bad. If people prefer eating poop, then let em go ahead and do that. As for myself, I'd rather have a nice steak in a 5star restaurant.

None of what you said is answering the question asked though... You are still answering the wrong question. It does not matter what you (or I) think in relation to everyone else though. It only matters what they think. The question asked was why don't they (as an individual) buy a 3DS. Whatever they say (no matter what you or I think) is the right answer for them For me, it is games...there is not ONE I want to buy (and I buy tons). That is the right answer. B/c it answers the question asked For others, they hate 3D. That is the right answer b/c it answers the question asked For others, it is price. That is the right answer for them. Your food example is the nail in the coffin of your argument/proves my point. It shows why people do what they do (which is what was asked) -some people would eat at McDonalds over a great steak place b/c of the price, some b/c of convenience, and some even b/c of taste. W/e answer they give is the right one b/c the question was 'why do THEY do what they do' ...so thanks for that example ;)
FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
I don't know why 3DS owners are being so defensive, it's still launch year for the 3DS. The line-up is mediocore right now but ti's just the start of the next handheld cycle, its line-up will improve. I doubt it's going to be another DS though as far as sells and overall line-up is concerned.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 rawsavon
They feel like justifying their purchase. mmmwksil
that happens with most things in life... The mind does not like the stress created by cognitive dissonance (wondering if they made the right purchase). To alleviate that mental stress, people will rationalize/justify their own choice or attempt to disparage a choice that was counter to their own. It is only when the evidence to the counter point becomes so great (can no longer be justified away) that a mental shift/acceptance takes place.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 rawsavon
I don't know why 3DS owners are being so defensive,.FlamesOfGrey
see my post above. it happens with many things in life (purchases, life choices, etc)
LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

3DS has no games. DS has shovelware and games made for kiddies and soccer moms.

Nah, got one, but I can see why people wouldn't want to jump in right now. It's a new system, but well, at the same it's also a much stronger system. So whether you like the 3D or not, why does it matter? It's still a much more powerful system. Dead or Alive Dimensions, Pilotwings, Street Fighter 4, and other games look and play great on it. 3D effect looks great to me on the 3D Classics games like Excitebike. Also having Virtual Console, DSIware and 3DSware is nice.

I see the 3D as an extra. I was already sold on the part where it was a continuation of the DS family, and to boot a much more powerful system with its own unique library. I also don't mind ports or remakes, etc. I like having older games on my newer systems, especially because I don't always have access to the older games. Not only that, but I like having as many good ones as I can get on a single system. I doubt the library is going to be starved for original or unique titles. The DS is hardly starved in that area either. 3DS library will be fine.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts
[QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]I don't know why 3DS owners are being so defensive,.rawsavon
see my post above. it happens with many things in life (purchases, life choices, etc)

I guess but I have two 3DS (N.A. & JPN) and the truth is the 3DS line-up is poor right now. No amount of fail attempts at justification is going to change that, only original games will. Happened with the PS3 for nearly two years and now look at the quality titles it has.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 rawsavon
[QUOTE="rawsavon"][QUOTE="FlamesOfGrey"]I don't know why 3DS owners are being so defensive,.FlamesOfGrey

I guess but I have two 3DS (N.A. & JPN) and the truth is the 3DS line-up is poor right now. No amount of fail attempts at justification is going to change that, only original games will. Happened with the PS3 for nearly two years and now look at the quality titles it has.

Acceptance of something...hmmm....how to say this. It generally does not come about easily for most people. It can mean several things (most all of which speak highly of someone's psychological development)
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 LastRambo341
@rawsavon The difference here is my reasons and preference are superior ;)
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 rawsavon
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]@rawsavon The difference here is my reasons and preference are superior ;)

Actually, I don't think I could have asked for a better response to both sum up our conversation and serve as an illustration for the other conversation I was having ITT. ...2 birds, 1 stone and all that jazz Thanks Rambo
TheFallenDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 TheFallenDemon
Member since 2010 • 13933 Posts
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] LOL :lol: give me a break No games worth owning now and end of year? :lol: that really reminds me of the ps3

1. I own a vastly superior SSF4 for my consoles.
2. If I wanted to play RE: Mercs, I'd just play RE4. I heard it also comes with a Resident Evil game in addition to the Mercs mode!
3. Aside from the pretty graphics, there's no reason to play OOT 3D over any other versions. Besides, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess have both rendered OOT irrelevent in modern gaming.
4. I'll stick with Tekken and SoulCalibur when I feel like playing a 3D fighter, thank you.
5. With Tales of Graces F on the horizon, there's not reason for me to go through one of my least favorite Tales again.

Also, I own over ten PS3 games and almost all of them have been worth the money.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 LastRambo341
@TheFallenDemon 1. I own too, but guess what? I can play it on the go ;) 2. I ca at least play mercenaries with my friends along with more characters, stages and customization 3. Doesn't deny that it is an incredible game 4. Thank you for your opinion, but that didn't add anything to the refuting. 5. Ah, YOUR least favorite I doubt it ;)
Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#222 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

i will on 9-9-11 :P

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#223 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@rawsavon The difference here is my reasons and preference are superior ;)LastRambo341

No its not.

All the answers are valid, even if it differs from one another.

Keep reading this until you understand it

"It does not matter what you (or I) think in relation to everyone else though. It only matters what they think. The question asked was why don't they (as an individual) buy a 3DS. Whatever they say (no matter what you or I think) is the right answer for them"

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]@rawsavon The difference here is my reasons and preference are superior ;)lbjkurono23

No its not.

All the answers are valid, even if it differs from one another.

Keep reading this until you understand it

"It does not matter what you (or I) think in relation to everyone else though. It only matters what they think. The question asked was why don't they (as an individual) buy a 3DS. Whatever they say (no matter what you or I think) is the right answer for them"

Little do you know that I'm lastrambo and have a 3ds
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

[QUOTE="AtariKidX"]

[QUOTE="Kaszilla"] The controls arenr bad...its a step up from the ds which have the best controls on a handheld.Kaszilla

The ds have the best controls on a handheld....??:roll: I can say this for the PSP&PSVita(Two analog sticks) but no for the DS&3DS.

Almost everyone can agree that the DS has better controls than the psp, I had both anf the DS is just superior in the gameplay area....and the DS controls is more like PC controls and psp is more like console controls, pc> console. Analog stick dont equal better controls, in that case ps1>n64 which isn't true..

How can you say DS have PC controls?? and even if it had how is that better for a tiny handheld device?!?

DS is very sensitive with sit and hold it in right angle for best picture quality, and same time you try hold it in a way with left hand there you actually able to pointing around with right hand/pen...you get tired very fast

Oh and i'm not that much for have controls in the game-screen that is what i thought was for LOOK at not cover/block the view with your hand...

I like real buttons not "buttons in screen" experience like mobile-phone games

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#226 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
there aren't any must haves yet and Nintendo will release the inevitable new 3ds model in due time.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

1) Battery life.

2) Lack of games which I lust for.

3) There will be a reiteration of the 3DS, (a la DS Lite) and by then hopefully the previous two problems will have been addressed.

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 LastRambo341
@arrow_abb You're REALLY exaggerating right there. Tired? This isn't a workout lol
LazyMushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 LazyMushroom
Member since 2011 • 914 Posts

In a nutshell... I don't care much for handheld gaming.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@arrow_abb You're REALLY exaggerating right there. Tired? This isn't a workout lol LastRambo341

Try that 3D-metroid game and come back...

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#231 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

I'm not a kid, nor am I girly.

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
  • It was too expensive
  • There aren't enough games to warrant a purchase yet
  • I wants me a fancy bundle with a game and a Limited edition type of 3DS
  • I just bought a PSP a month or so ago and I'm busy catching up with that
MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
Lack of games waiting on a redesign waiting on another price drop
gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

1. Handheld gaming is getting over saturated by nintendo's weak trys at handhelds.

2. Psp is good not great.

3. Handhelds are getting whack my kindle is a lot better I pay less and the books are actually interesting.

4. Gameboy Pocket best handheld ever!

FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts

Hey, guys.

The 3DS might get a new slider pad.

3DS Slider Pad

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#236 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

I just haven't bought one yet, and no way in hell would I get a revision if that happened THAT soon (especially at this stage Nintendo is in).

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Waiting for good games to come out. If it's not that then waiting for a 3DS "lite".