Why don't YOU own a 3DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
I don't care for gimmicky 3d, handhelds or the majority of games that end up on Nintendo hardware.
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
I want more third party games. I really don't care to play mario kart and super mario land 3DS.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Easy answer... There is not ONE game I want on that system atm. If it gets a Fire Emblem game, then things will change
Demonjoe93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#104 Demonjoe93
Member since 2009 • 9869 Posts

Well I'm not really into handheld gaming.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
b/c i;m getting the vita instead :P it has more games than interest ME than the 3DS
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Bread_or_Decide
I know Nintendo fans think that a zelda game and a mario game are enough for them. It's just not enough for a lot of other people. The price is right but the 3D now feels like a useless feature.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

Not that I EXPECT you to own one. No no no. I Don't even own one. I'm just curious as to why you don't own one.

Well for me, I'm not at all interested in this 3D craze. I would prefer a more powerful DS over stupid 3D gimmicks. The battery life seems like a killer, and the lack of games at the moment makes me want to wait for the next rennovation of the 3DS. Weren't there rumors of them making one that has dual analog and no 3D function?

Bad-School-Girl
I believe the 3D is a gimmick but I did buy it because the games will be amazing. (it has Luigis Mansion 2!!!)
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 starwarsjunky
I know Nintendo fans think that a zelda game and a mario game are enough for them. It's just not enough for a lot of other people. The price is right but the 3D now feels like a useless feature. Bread_or_Decide
plus aren't they going to start minimizing the use of 3D? one of the features/gimmicks you're paying for when you buy a 3DS...
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#109 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
i never really liked the ds's small screen. nor does the 3d gimmick really appeal to me. i mean its baisicly the same as the last gen ds but with 2 eatra features...3d and an analog stick. the lack of good software...the arrival of the Vita coming soon. *sigh* i really want to like the 3DS i just havent been wow'ed by it at this point...and im not sure if i ever really will and until that comes i will not invest money in it...
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Bread_or_Decide
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]I know Nintendo fans think that a zelda game and a mario game are enough for them. It's just not enough for a lot of other people. The price is right but the 3D now feels like a useless feature. starwarsjunky
plus aren't they going to start minimizing the use of 3D? one of the features/gimmicks you're paying for when you buy a 3DS...

It should be priced the same as the PSP if you ask me. Even the much touted graphics are not really all that great and I don't just mean compared to the PSV but just compared to what the PSP was capable of at the end of its life span. Not a single game on the 3DS looks as good as Ghosts of Sparta or Peacewalker.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#111 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Because im gaming on my place only , dont need to gaming in the bus , taxi , vacations or even worse ...my girlfriends place!! Thats why i dont own a 3ds or any other handheld. In the end you just play subpar games VS what you can play on consoles/PC. Why to do that? So i can kill my time even when im not home?!! NO WAY!! I got a life you know!! :)AzatiS
Have fun playing the console variant of Ghost Trick or Advance Wars... Knights in the nightmare, 999 or Castlevania.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I don't play handhelds. If I'm out then the last thing on my mind is videogames.

Qwark-PS-Snake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Qwark-PS-Snake
Member since 2011 • 157 Posts
I have one but I really regret buying it. There's such a lack of games, holding L + R is uncomfortable, the analogue nub isn't precise, the graphics are dated compared to PSV and the 3D sucks. Worse yet there was a price drop a month after I bought it. I'll trade it in after Mario Land 3D along with my Wii and I'll never buy a Nintendo system again after this waste of money.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#114 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Not enough time.
Not enough money.
Not enough games.
I don't play on handhelds.
I don't play games while outside. (You can also play it at home...)
I can also play iPhone games. (Wow ever played a handheld game?!)
3D is not to my liking.
people

Basically it boils down to not having enough interesting games, and them putting too much emphasise on the 3D of the 3DS (probably having it in the name already causes this confusion).

Jane_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#115 Jane_22
Member since 2011 • 678 Posts

Because im not a fan of gaming on such a small screen, i had the ds lite for about a year but sold it.

When i have a gaming pc near me the last thing i want is playing a handheld.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
I don't want a portable gaming system.
WarTornRuston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 WarTornRuston
Member since 2011 • 2712 Posts

I stand by my statement. 3D is no big deal. Phones are doing it. And the technology on both phones in my house is more impressive. And I will say this yet again. I am over Nintendo properties. I do not care in Galaxy was better than Sunshine. It is still Mario with the same moves and the same cast of Characters. Mario Kart feels the same as it did in the previous 4 or 5. I have never been a Zelda fan so I could care less about another one.

The Nintendo properties that could actually use some other games and could be interesting to me again Nintendo is either screwing up, ignoring, or rehashing an older version and passing it as a new game....when it isn't.

Pilotwings could of been a great game. Pilotwings 64 was amazing. What does Nintendo do? Take the lame ass island from wii sports and adds 30 minutes of gameplay. It doesnt even feel as good as Pilotwings 64.

F-zero- Where is it? GX was amazing but I suspect it is because SEGA's Amusment Vision made it.

Starfox? Nintendo says Starfox has one more chance or it was dropping it. This after we get several games that play nothing like a Starfox game. So they decide to remake Starfox 64....again, not what their customer ask for. Guess what? Starfox is gone because no one wants to play another remake.

Waverace and Donkey Kong? That would be nice. But instead we are getting mario tennins, baseball, and soccer. nobody cares about that crap. Battalion Wars? Who cares. Wii music? Wii Play? Other M? A bunch of crap. Other M was the worst game I played on the Wii. That is saying something.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#118 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
For the same reason I don't own a lot of things: Lack of money
Jane_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Jane_22
Member since 2011 • 678 Posts

I stand by my statement. 3D is no big deal. Phones are doing it. And the technology on both phones in my house is more impressive. And I will say this yet again. I am over Nintendo properties. I do not care in Galaxy was better than Sunshine. It is still Mario with the same moves and the same cast of Characters. Mario Kart feels the same as it did in the previous 4 or 5. I have never been a Zelda fan so I could care less about another one.

The Nintendo properties that could actually use some other games and could be interesting to me again Nintendo is either screwing up, ignoring, or rehashing an older version and passing it as a new game....when it isn't.

Pilotwings could of been a great game. Pilotwings 64 was amazing. What does Nintendo do? Take the lame ass island from wii sports and adds 30 minutes of gameplay. It doesnt even feel as good as Pilotwings 64.

F-zero- Where is it? GX was amazing but I suspect it is because SEGA's Amusment Vision made it.

Starfox? Nintendo says Starfox has one more chance or it was dropping it. This after we get several games that play nothing like a Starfox game. So they decide to remake Starfox 64....again, not what their customer ask for. Guess what? Starfox is gone because no one wants to play another remake.

Waverace and Donkey Kong? That would be nice. But instead we are getting mario tennins, baseball, and soccer. nobody cares about that crap. Battalion Wars? Who cares. Wii music? Wii Play? Other M? A bunch of crap. Other M was the worst game I played on the Wii. That is saying something.

WarTornRuston

Holy cow couldnt say it better, its like you read my mind lol.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I do not own one because I only care to own two mobile gaming devices and I already have a HTC Evo 3D, so that only leaves me with one more to buy and that is reserved for the Vita. Now that I have a Evo 3D, I will admit that 3D is pretty freakin cool, but with the Evo, I can do a lot more than the 3DS. I can't wait to get me a netflix account and start watching 3D movies.

coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts
i dont see a big enough difference between the 3ds and the regular ds
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

as of right now, not really interested, waiting for library build up

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Why did i buy one is more like it. eboyishere

:P :lol:

also TC sig is a little disturbing.....

Wow you are right, his sig is disturbing. Looks like an 7-8 year old girl he has there.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
i dont see a big enough difference between the 3ds and the regular dscoltgames
Then you need to look a little harder.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#124 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]I know Nintendo fans think that a zelda game and a mario game are enough for them. It's just not enough for a lot of other people. The price is right but the 3D now feels like a useless feature. starwarsjunky

They never stated that.

Lost-Memory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Lost-Memory
Member since 2009 • 1556 Posts

Not that I EXPECT you to own one. No no no. I Don't even own one. I'm just curious as to why you don't own one.

Well for me, I'm not at all interested in this 3D craze. I would prefer a more powerful DS over stupid 3D gimmicks. The battery life seems like a killer, and the lack of games at the moment makes me want to wait for the next rennovation of the 3DS. Weren't there rumors of them making one that has dual analog and no 3D function?

Bad-School-Girl
Im waiting for their revision of it. I can't wait to play OoT in 3d. same with star fox 64 3d. and others. The rumors of the dual analog 3DS will able to function better with 2D than the current 3DS.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Because there will be an inevitable revised model.
wraigth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 wraigth
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts
I'll buy one when Pokemon is released for it. :D
FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts
I heard the 2nd analog stick would be an add-on (not an entirely new 3DS model) like how the Wii Motion Plus was introduced. They may later redesign the 3DS, and place the new analog stick on the actual device. And that's if the 3DS gets another analog stick at all. Currently, a second analog stick is mostly useless. Its only function in most games is to rotate the camera, which can be done with the touch screen.
coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts

[QUOTE="coltgames"]i dont see a big enough difference between the 3ds and the regular dsfoxhound_fox
Then you need to look a little harder.

id rather not but thanks for the suggestion

Avatar image for slantedandencha
slantedandencha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 slantedandencha
Member since 2005 • 367 Posts

pretty simple for me....i don't own a 3DS because i don't play handheld games. can't stand them actually. have a few games on my wp7 that are alright if i'm stuck somewhere bored, but that's about it.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Bread_or_Decide

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]I know Nintendo fans think that a zelda game and a mario game are enough for them. It's just not enough for a lot of other people. The price is right but the 3D now feels like a useless feature. Haziqonfire

They never stated that.

I believe they said that they weren't going to push devs to stress the 3D feature.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#132 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Just waiting for the inevitable revision.
FashionFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 FashionFreak
Member since 2004 • 2326 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] plus aren't they going to start minimizing the use of 3D? one of the features/gimmicks you're paying for when you buy a 3DS...Bread_or_Decide

They never stated that.

I believe they said that they weren't going to push devs to stress the 3D feature.

Nintendo didn't stress devs to use the motion controls for the wii, either. The only thing that happened was the truckload of 3rd party shovelware party games that had you do repetitive motions to win a minigame. Once you get past the shovelware, you find you few rare gems that are worth playing.
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"] plus aren't they going to start minimizing the use of 3D? one of the features/gimmicks you're paying for when you buy a 3DS...Bread_or_Decide

They never stated that.

They never have pushed Devs at all. In fact, they said Devs shouldn't make a game that's tailored with 3D in mind only, because they know not everyone feels comfortable with 3D, which is also why the system has a slider. Yes, the system does 3D, but Nintendo doesn't make the system's 3D needed for everything, just because it's ONE of the MANY features the system can do.
jettpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 jettpack
Member since 2009 • 3192 Posts

i have absolutely no reason to. no games i wanna play. also i dont really do the portable gaming thing. ive got my DS lite and minish cap so im good

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#136 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I have multiple systems.

Building my next gaming rig.

Buying more games on PC than consoles.

3DS needs more games.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 starwarsjunky

[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]I know Nintendo fans think that a zelda game and a mario game are enough for them. It's just not enough for a lot of other people. The price is right but the 3D now feels like a useless feature. Haziqonfire

They never stated that.

must have been a rumor or something then...i can't really remember lol

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

I use my laptop for portable gaming. I don't care for handhelds anymore.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts
Because as wonderful as Ocarina of Time is, I already have it on my N64 and have played the hell out of it. But later on down the road, when the games come out I'll most likely get one.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#140 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

I believe they said that they weren't going to push devs to stress the 3D feature. Bread_or_Decide

They don't force developers to use everything that their hardware has to offer.

They said the same thing with the Wii and motion controls. Developers have all the tools they want, how they use them is up to them.

Never once did they say they were going to 'minimize' the use of the 3D effect. All they said was there's probably going to be a point in the 3DS' life cycle that they'll make a game that doesn't have a 3D effect.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

There's no reason to buy a 3DS (Yes, I won one.) anytime soon. It's top 3 games are LOZ: Ocarina Of Time (Enhanced Port), SMT: Devil Survivor Orverclocked (Port) and DOA: Dimension (Decent). Super Mario 3D Land doesn't look impressive and neither does Mario Kart 7 or Shinobi IMO. Kid Icarus most likely isn't coming out this year considering NOA has already dated their other 1st Party titles. Port of Cave Story, Harvest Moon: Tale Of Two Towns and Star Fox 64 isn't much either. 2012 is well things should pick up but the Vita is bringing it out the gate.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
I'm waiting for the next version of the 3DS. I want one but I don't buy launch versions of handhelds anymore.
Avatar image for HeavyMetalKirby
HeavyMetalKirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 HeavyMetalKirby
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts

Ill get one if a green color for the system comes out. Oh, and a super smash brothers 3D.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#144 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

My brain hurts if I play with 3D...

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#145 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Well the main reason is that I just simply have too much more important stuff to spend my money on right now. I'm in college so you know $$$ is hard to come by, but I'm also not really a fan of the thing. It only has like a 3 hour battery life and the 3D hurts my eyes and gives me a headache, plus if I just move the SLIGHTEST it loses it's affect. Not worth it to me...

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Because I'm a bad school girl.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I don't have money yet. But I'm getting one in November.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#148 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Waiting for Super Mario, Paper Mario, and other higher profile games to be released. And the requisite hardware revision.

Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts

Because boring games and bad controls. I wait for Vita...

aroxx_ab
The controls arenr bad...its a step up from the ds which have the best controls on a handheld.
Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

Waiting to get it around Christmas with New LovePlus.