why do people love Halo?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AAllxxjjnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#401 AAllxxjjnn
Member since 2008 • 19992 Posts
Cause, they enjoy the game?
lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#402 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

[QUOTE="GamerForca"][QUOTE="Verge_6"] You just compared a game's story to that of a book. Well done.

Skittles_McGee

I guess that means I just have higher standards than most of you. Oh well.

No it just means you don't have a clue about comparison. You can't honestly expect a game to be like a book in terms of story. Thats completely ridiculous :|

the last time i went down the fantasy isle at the book store, and mind you i live in one because i love forgotten realms books, i remember seeing several different halo books.....so comparing a universe that was spawned in a game that moved onto a series of novels to that of a universe created by an author for a book seems completely fair. The Malazan Book of the Fallen vs. Halo books......seems fair, there are books on either side, and what do you know....ive not read any, so i cant say as to which is better..but i for one do not like halo that much....its okay, but its not that riveting, ive personally had more fun with ut '99 for online and mgs for story.....and u want to talk about competitive( ut) and convoluted story (mgs)....

jherbach1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#403 jherbach1222
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

Okay the truth is I am tom cruise. This thread was a plot to get me my first thread with over 200 posts and it worked. The truth is I love halo. MWhHAHWHAHh NOw I will take over the WORLD!!! MWHAHAHHAH MWAHHAH not even will my pyschologist be able to stop me!! MWHAHAHAHHA but first I must to attend my suddden urge to jump on Oprahs couch MWMAHAHAHAH Happy late april fools

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#404 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts

Okay the truth is I am tom cruise. This thread was a plot to get me my first thread with over 200 posts and it worked. The truth is I love halo. MWhHAHWHAHh NOw I will take over the WORLD!!! MWHAHAHHAH MWAHHAH not even will my pyschologist be able to stop me!! MWHAHAHAHHA but first I must to attend my suddden urge to jump on Oprahs couch MWMAHAHAHAH Happy late april fools

jherbach1222
Hey, now everyone on Gamespot will hate you, good job! :D I'll make sure to boomark this thread, link it in a quote to everything you post, and say you have zero credibility. Eternal troll, you now are.
Saxsoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#405 Saxsoon
Member since 2007 • 1021 Posts
[QUOTE="GamerX2311"][QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

Because it has awesome MP. Which is what matters most for FPS.

Honestly who buys a FPS for the story?

Halo has one of the best stories in gaming....people are just too stupid to understand it apparently. These are the same people who think Half Life 2's universe is immensely complex...lol.

I really like the story personally. The books expand upon the universe and are surprisingly competent and enjoyable books.
jherbach1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#406 jherbach1222

[QUOTE="jherbach1222"]

enterawesome

Hey, now everyone on Gamespot will hate you, good job! :D I'll make sure to boomark this thread, link it in a quote to everything you post, and say you have zero credibility. Eternal troll, you now are.

I dont even know whats a troll Would you like to quote that as well lol

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#407 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
[QUOTE="Saxsoon"][QUOTE="GamerX2311"][QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

Because it has awesome MP. Which is what matters most for FPS.

Honestly who buys a FPS for the story?

Halo has one of the best stories in gaming....people are just too stupid to understand it apparently. These are the same people who think Half Life 2's universe is immensely complex...lol.

I really like the story personally. The books expand upon the universe and are surprisingly competent and enjoyable books.

... Seriously.. Best story in gaming? The story is quite simplistic.. Its not convoluted like the MGS4 storyline, nor is it a intelligent story line that people will not "get".. It passes off on numerous cliches.. To suggest that the story is some how the best ever made is hilarious.. And using books to try to defend this statement is quite entertaining, because there are numerous games out there that either expand, or have a universe full of those books.. They are irrelevent to the game.. The story isn't neccesarly bad, it moves along.. But to call it one of the most amazing stories in a video game is quite a bit of a massive stretch.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#408 deactivated-59d151f079814

In light of the story of FPS games.. This sums it quite nicely..

Halo 1+2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgzxsO5OLvI

Half-Life 1+2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slRsexrhbG8

rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#409 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
It did do things that were new and exciting. Halo 2 is the worst Halo also, not that it isn't good. Clearly you should know that your opinion isn't the penultimate one, therefore other peoples opinions may differ from yours and that's okay.
jherbach1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#410 jherbach1222

[QUOTE="jherbach1222"]

enterawesome

Btw i was Kidding lol But i am surprised It went past 200 :DHalo still isnt anything special lol

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#411 enterawesome
[QUOTE="jherbach1222"]

[QUOTE="enterawesome"][QUOTE="jherbach1222"]

Btw i was Kidding lol But i am surprised It went past 200 :DHalo still isnt anything special lol

You still lied either way. Whether or not you're still for or against Halo, Halo is special, more so than you, perhaps. 10 million people bought Halo 3. Do 10 million people care about you?
jherbach1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#412 jherbach1222

[QUOTE="jherbach1222"]

[QUOTE="enterawesome"]Hey, now everyone on Gamespot will hate you, good job! :D I'll make sure to boomark this thread, link it in a quote to everything you post, and say you have zero credibility. Eternal troll, you now are. enterawesome

You still lied either way. Whether or not you're still for or against Halo, Halo is special, more so than you, perhaps. 10 million people bought Halo 3. Do 10 million people care about you?

LOL Are you honestly comparing a video game to Me in terms of popularity LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL thats rich probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever read here. ITS A VIDEOGAME a Insanely popular one at that, no offense but your point in pretty lame ;)

jherbach1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#413 jherbach1222

[QUOTE="jherbach1222"]

[QUOTE="enterawesome"]Hey, now everyone on Gamespot will hate you, good job! :D I'll make sure to boomark this thread, link it in a quote to everything you post, and say you have zero credibility. Eternal troll, you now are. enterawesome

LOL Are you honestly comparing a video game to Me in terms of popularity LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL thats rich probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever read here. ITS A VIDEOGAME a Insanely popular one at that, no offense but your point in pretty lame ;)

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#414 enterawesome
[QUOTE="jherbach1222"]

[QUOTE="enterawesome"][QUOTE="jherbach1222"]

No offense meant to harm you, it was supposed to be some kind of sarcastic joke. Even still, Halo is loved by more people than me, you, or anyone else except Jesus, which is pretty special.
lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#415 lespaul1919
Member since 2003 • 7074 Posts

halo 1 = best multiplayer. period.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#416 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
uh you just answered your own question, the campaign is nothing special at all, multiplayer is the only good part about it.......... add in that its one of the most balanced shooters this gen and you have your full answer.
Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#417 Microsoft1234
It did do things that were new and exciting. Halo 2 is the worst Halo also, not that it isn't good. Clearly you should know that your opinion isn't the penultimate one, therefore other peoples opinions may differ from yours and that's okay. rolo107
halo 2 is the worst? maybe the story is, but the multiplayer is one of the best on consoles these last two gens, learn to double shot or bxr before you base an opinion on a game you dont know how to play.
lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#418 lespaul1919

the double melee from h1 is better than the double shot and BXR put together.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#419 Microsoft1234

the double melee from h1 is better than the double shot and BXR put together.

lespaul1919
agreed, h1>h2>h3 multiplayer, althought overall i prefer halo 3 with its custom games and theater options. only problem is when shots dont register, its unbearable at times but the kid posting in this thread doesn't know about that, he probably plays social skirmish or something and doesn't understand the balance in the game.
jherbach1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#420 jherbach1222

[QUOTE="jherbach1222"]

[QUOTE="enterawesome"]You still lied either way. Whether or not you're still for or against Halo, Halo is special, more so than you, perhaps. 10 million people bought Halo 3. Do 10 million people care about you?enterawesome

No offense meant to harm you, it was supposed to be some kind of sarcastic joke. Even still, Halo is loved by more people than me, you, or anyone else except Jesus, which is pretty special.

lol no i wasn't onffended im just sayin thats kinda obvious that a game is like Halo is more popular then any of us i mean Duhhh ( once againno offense lol) its a Videogame thats touted as one of the best fps shooters of all time. have you ever played Dues Ex btw?

savetehhaloz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#421 savetehhaloz
Member since 2007 • 2373 Posts

[QUOTE="dog_dirt"]

thanks for sharing that with us all. what other games dont you like

jherbach1222

Mass effect 1 ( I will be getting the second one though)

Fallout 3 (boring but pretty coool gameplay mechanics)

Bayonneta ( got it for ps3 though IDK why i just did But the Framerate drops alot)

Littlebigplanet ( great game but sp was lacking)

Halo 3 (generic, but mindless fun offered some enjoyment looking forward to reach)

HALO ODST ( bought it and returned a few days later bc it wasn't worth a full 60)

Dead space ( a big letdown it wasn't even close to scary if you want sscarey buy siren on PS3)

you're hard to please arent ya mate?
ZAGAV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#422 ZAGAV3
Member since 2009 • 380 Posts

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="BlancoBX"] what im saying is the amount of people who buy or play a game does not neccessarily show how good a game isBlancoBX

We know how many people bought Big Rigs. That game must be gold I guess. :roll:

and wii fit is the best game of all time, and nintendogs is better than Okami...

Does 1 million people actively play Wii Fit 2 years after its release?????

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#423 deactivated-59d151f079814
[QUOTE="ZAGAV3"]

[QUOTE="BlancoBX"]

We know how many people bought Big Rigs. That game must be gold I guess. :roll:SpiritOfFire117

and wii fit is the best game of all time, and nintendogs is better than Okami...

... Actually they probably do since its been placed in things like nursing homes and such.. Poor comparison.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#424 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

I think Halo was a great game for its time, but with all the excessive praise it received over the years, it's prone to criticism as expectations had risen through the roof. It wasn't particularly revolutionary, but it was one of the first games to present the then available concepts of console FPS gaming in such a spectacular and high quality form. In other words, it was a great game, but it didn't reinvent the wheel. As that is often claimed by its fans, who sometimes even act like there were no good console FPSs before it, Halo is criticised more than most popular games. Fanboys often try to dismiss it as jealousy, and while there are bound to be some people who hate the game solely because it came out for another system, some of the criticism is just, and shouldn't be ignored.

Well, just my two cents. Just enjoy your games and ignore what everybody else says.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#425 lpjazzman220

lespaul1919

with the exceptions of unreal tournament, quake 3 arena, counterstrike, cod4, starcraft, warcraft 3, and ooh i dont know WOW.......

ZAGAV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#426 ZAGAV3

[QUOTE="lespaul1919"]

lpjazzman220

with the exceptions of unreal tournament, quake 3 arena, counterstrike, cod4, starcraft, warcraft 3, and ooh i dont know WOW.......

Halo 3 multiplayer >>>>>>>>> SC, WoW, CS, CoD, etc.

Halo 1 campaign >>>>>>>>>> SC campaign, CoD campaign, etc.

ZAGAV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#427 ZAGAV3

[QUOTE="ZAGAV3"]

[QUOTE="BlancoBX"]

sSubZerOo

... Actually they probably do since its been placed in things like nursing homes and such.. Poor comparison.

Nah, I don't really think so. Which is embarrassing, considering Wii Fit is basically the only one of its kind, while the FPS competition is HEAVY these days, yet Halo posts some amazing numbers :)

jherbach1222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#428 jherbach1222

lespaul1919

?? COD4, Unreal tournament, I could name a bunch but still halos multiplayer doesn't compete with the big boys IMO

lespaul1919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#429 lespaul1919

I have all those, but halo is the one I play everyday.

CS, UT2004, CoD2, and Q3 are also good, but halo is the perfect mix of skill and fun. no kill in any of those games even compares to a three shot kill with the pistol.

It's a fairly old game and my clan still has multiple pub servers that are full all day. There are still tournaments every year, and community videos are still being made. It's still very much alive.

Video in my sig shows why I love halo. Because of the amazing things you can pull off.

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#430 enterawesome
[QUOTE="jherbach1222"]

[QUOTE="lespaul1919"]

?? COD4, Unreal tournament, I could name a bunch but still halos multiplayer doesn't compete with the big boys IMO

You said Call of Duty 4 is better than Halo 3's multiplayer, and then I dismissed your post altogether.
lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#431 lpjazzman220

[QUOTE="lpjazzman220"]

[QUOTE="lespaul1919"]

ZAGAV3

so the millions of people that play wow over those that play halo 3, the national sport of s korea, the most play rts of all time with a huge following after 10 years doesnt prove you wrong about the multiplayer?

and as far as campaigns go, bioshock....i win

qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#432 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
solid multi fun
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#433 enterawesome

[QUOTE="ZAGAV3"]

[QUOTE="lpjazzman220"]

lpjazzman220

so the millions of people that play wow over those that play halo 3, the national sport of s korea, the most play rts of all time with a huge following after 10 years doesnt prove you wrong about the multiplayer?

Bioshock over Halo 2 and 3, sure. Halo: CE? I don't think so, Halo: CE was more enjoyable, imo.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#435 lpjazzman220

[QUOTE="lpjazzman220"]

[QUOTE="ZAGAV3"]

enterawesome

Bioshock over Halo 2 and 3, sure. Halo: CE? I don't think so, Halo: CE was more enjoyable, imo.

well, ill give you that the original halo was pretty good, but i have to say that i liked bioshock better mainly because of the twists in the plot and how the game made you question what was right and wrong, where halo did nothing like that, but halo was very good in its own right. im more interested in people arguing against wow and sc about multiplayer
DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#436 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts

I honestly don't get it,jherbach1222

If you don't get how people have different opinions and preferences than you, you're not going to get very far in life.

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#437 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

[QUOTE="jherbach1222"]

[QUOTE="lespaul1919"]

enterawesome

You said Call of Duty 4 is better than Halo 3's multiplayer, and then I dismissed your post altogether.

:lol: Nice.

People seem to forget that Halo 3's multiplayer is a good example to follow. Unlike other console FPSs, Halo 3's multiplayer actually feels like there is a community. Well varied playlists, double EXP weekend, custom games, files shares, forge, XBL guests, 4 player co-op, theater mode...There isn't anything else like it.

Comparing COD 4's multiplayer to the likeliness of Halo 3's is indeed laughable.