why do people love Halo?

• 437 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Derek240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 Derek240
Member since 2004 • 842 Posts

[QUOTE="Derek240"]

It was their first good game.

SpiritOfFire117

Guess again.

Peer pressure + media hype around the game? Trust me, it's more true than false.

Yankees718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 Yankees718
Member since 2009 • 1033 Posts

I don't love halo, but i enjoy the series except for ODST which was mediocre.Racer850

Same goes for me. I dont play halo to death. But if my friends are palying i'll go play halo with them

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#203 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"]

[QUOTE="Renegade_Fury"]

I don't know, maybe because it's fun? Wow, imagine that.

enterawesome

Wow, that's probably it!

Good God, we've made a discovery! Halo = Video game! Video game = Fun! Halo video game = polished fun! Halo is fun because it's a video game and it's very well polished!

Of course!!! It's so obvious! What else could it b... oh... oh what's that there?

Ohhhhhhh, it turns out Microsoft paid off all the reviewers, all the retail outlets, and even a legion of forum posters to say its awesome ;) :P

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="Derek240"]

Derek240

Guess again.

Peer pressure + media hype around the game? Trust me, it's more true than false.

That would explain MGS4 ;)

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#205 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

[QUOTE="enterawesome"][QUOTE="smokeydabear076"]Wow, that's probably it!

AdobeArtist

Good God, we've made a discovery! Halo = Video game! Video game = Fun! Halo video game = polished fun! Halo is fun because it's a video game and it's very well polished!

Of course!!! It's so obvious! What else could it b... oh... oh what's that there?

Ohhhhhhh, it turns out Microsoft paid off all the reviewers, all the retail outlets, and even a legion of forum posters to say its awesome ;) :P

Yes, don't listen to the lie of the majority. The minority is always right.:P

ZAGAV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 ZAGAV3
Member since 2009 • 380 Posts

Derek240

Maybe that's why all of their games in the franchise have received an AAA score. ;)

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

I found it hilarious that if I replace the word "Halo" with "Modern Warfare", this thread still makes sense.

[QUOTE="EDITED"]

I honestly don't get it, it does nothing special at all. The MP is the only good part about it, the story doesnt even make sense and it is beyond generic. For the record I do own a xbox360 gamertag is xMixTapeManglax just in case you don't beleive me. The only CALL OF DUTY that was great was MODERN WARFARE 1 and that definatly doesnt deserve a 9.0 I mean REALLY? I would give it a solid 8 and MODERN WARFARE 2 wth?? 9.0 Are you serious?? the story is repetitive as hell and MP does get old after a while. Why is it that people praise this series like its somehow revolutionary? I do have faith that MODERN WARFARE 3 will deliver, Im really hoping it does because this series is getting a bit to stale.

Penguin_dragon

Modern Warfare actually has decent cinimatography, an interesting art style and highly polished graphics though.

CODnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 CODnut
Member since 2008 • 47 Posts

I honestly don't get it, it does nothing special at all. The MP is the only good part about it, the story doesnt even make sense and it is beyond generic. For the record I do own a xbox360 gamertag is xMixTapeManglax just in case you don't beleive me. The only halo that was great was halo 2 and that definatly doesnt deserve a 9.7 I mean REALLY? I would give it a solid 8 and HAlO 3 wth?? 9.5 Are you serious?? the story is repetitive as hell and MP does get old after a while. Why is it that people praise this series like its somehow revolutionary? I do have faith that HALO reach will deliver, Im reallyhoping it does because this series is getting a bit to stale.

jherbach1222
I whole heartedly agree, i'm a 360 owner and i've always felt the Halo series was way over hyped, it is a great shooter both online and campaign, but i don't think it's the next coming, as far as shooters go. I would put Call of Duty 2 - 4 - MW 2 way ahead of the Halo series. But hey thats my opinion what ever floats your boat i guess, besides i'm a bigger RPG fan more than anything else anyway.
Derek240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Derek240

[QUOTE="Derek240"]

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"] Guess again.AdobeArtist

Honestly...yes. I only bought it because i felt obligated to finish the story. IMO, it's one of the most overrated games this gen. It was really a bore to play through when compared to the previous installments.

Derek240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Derek240

[QUOTE="Derek240"]

ZAGAV3

Maybe that's why all of their games in the franchise have received an AAA score. ;)

I said it was a good game didn't I? I simply don't understand the amount of love for the game (one of the largest commercial successes ever). It really just fails to compare to games I have played in the past.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#211 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Multiplayer and Ragdoll explosions.

Yes that's why we love Halo.

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#212 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
[QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

[QUOTE="Penguin_dragon"]

I found it hilarious that if I replace the word "Halo" with "Modern Warfare", this thread still makes sense.

[QUOTE="EDITED"]

I honestly don't get it, it does nothing special at all. The MP is the only good part about it, the story doesnt even make sense and it is beyond generic. For the record I do own a xbox360 gamertag is xMixTapeManglax just in case you don't beleive me. The only CALL OF DUTY that was great was MODERN WARFARE 1 and that definatly doesnt deserve a 9.0 I mean REALLY? I would give it a solid 8 and MODERN WARFARE 2 wth?? 9.0 Are you serious?? the story is repetitive as hell and MP does get old after a while. Why is it that people praise this series like its somehow revolutionary? I do have faith that MODERN WARFARE 3 will deliver, Im really hoping it does because this series is getting a bit to stale.

Modern Warfare actually has decent cinimatography, an interesting art style and highly polished graphics though.

Cinematography? Is that a joke? The whole game is in first-person! :lol: At least Halo has actual cutscenes that can qualify as "cinematography". Art style? If you consider real world locations just poligonized then saturated in all kinds of shades of brown as art-style, then okay. But Halo's art sytle is actually original. Highly polished graphics, I'll give you. The graphics don't seem to have many bugs or glitches. Thankfully, it's the same case with Halo.
ZAGAV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 ZAGAV3

[QUOTE="ZAGAV3"]

[QUOTE="Derek240"]

Derek240

I said it was a good game didn't I? I simply don't understand the amount of love for the game (one of the largest commercial successes ever). It really just fails to compare to games I have played in the past.

Halo: CE back in the day was absolutely awesome. I mean, a great epic adventure + all these LAN nights. What could be wrong? Not even Uncharted 2 can compare. Halo basically created Xbox and made it an online console. I just dont see why you cant accept that people like Halo and go play something you like. I bet your favourite game/franchise is just as popular

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Derek240"]

Derek240

Honestly...yes. I only bought it because i felt obligated to finish the story. IMO, it's one of the most overrated games this gen. It was really a bore to play through when compared to the previous installments.

You... do realize I was being sarcastic, don't you? Just redirecting the damage control to make a point :| That point being how easy it os to make excuses for how a game that deserves its acclaim is really some sort of conspiracy, which is really played out by now.

deathtarget04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#215 deathtarget04
Member since 2009 • 2266 Posts

Great storyline, fun gameplay.

Best online that i've played.

Best splitscreen (again my opinion, but i've played Halo 2 splitscreen for countless hours with friends)

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#216 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
Because the games are superb in my eyes; fantastic score, gameplay, setting, multiplayer, developer support, sound design, great story, and tons of fun to boot.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Leejjohno

[QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

[QUOTE="Penguin_dragon"]

enterawesome

Cinematography? Is that a joke? The whole game is in first-person! :lol: At least Halo has actual cutscenes that can qualify as "cinematography". Art style? If you consider real world locations just poligonized then saturated in all kinds of shades of brown as art-style, then okay. But Halo's art sytle is actually original. Highly polished graphics, I'll give you. The graphics don't seem to have many bugs or glitches. Thankfully, it's the same case with Halo.

No dude; Killzone 2 may have that art style, Gears of War may have that art style but all in all Cod actually has quite a few different environments, and even then the war style locations are quite realistic, and not oversaturated with one colour.

As for cinimatography, you obviously don't remember the emp scene, whereas Halos cutscenes were full of hand animated awful looking unrealistic characters bouncing all over the place telling uninteresting facts to one another or just outright falling arse over head to convey some sense of mysticism about the chief.

Halos style is some what original. I can give it that but because of how bad the graphics are it just winds up looking cheesy and half arsed, which I know it's not but it certainly doesn't impress but I guess that's subjective anyway.

ZAGAV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 ZAGAV3

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Derek240"]

Derek240

What made Halo 2 a lot better than Halo 3

RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 RedruM_I
Member since 2009 • 3051 Posts
Overhyped fad aimed at the preteen audience.
Derek240

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Derek240

[QUOTE="Derek240"]

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

AdobeArtist

You... do realize I was being sarcastic, don't you? Just redirecting the damage control to make a point :| That point being how easy it os to make excuses for how a game that deserves its acclaim is really some sort of conspiracy, which is really played out by now.

It's not a conspiracy, I simply think both games are largely overrated.

And to ZAGAV3...saying Halo CE's single player cannot be matched even by Uncharted 2 is a travesty of massive proportions.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 AdobeArtist  Moderator

Overhyped fad aimed at the preteen audience.RedruM_I

And what is Final Fantasy aimed at? Emo kids who look to games for the latest hair fashion trends to wear to school?

Yeah, generalizing any games audience is fun, isn't it? ;)

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 enterawesome
[QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

[QUOTE="enterawesome"][QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

No dude; Killzone 2 may have that art style, Gears of War may have that art style but all in all Cod actually has quite a few different environments, and even then the war style locations are quite realistic, and not oversaturated with one colour.

As for cinimatography, you obviously don't remember the emp scene, whereas Halos cutscenes were full of hand animated awful looking unrealistic characters bouncing all over the place telling uninteresting facts to one another or just outright falling arse over head to convey some sense of mysticism about the chief.

Halos style is some what original. I can give it that but because of how bad the graphics are it just winds up looking cheesy and half arsed, which I know it's not but it certainly doesn't impress but I guess that's subjective anyway.

I was using hyperbole when describing CoD's locations. The majority of the game is in the bland Middle-east and deprived and destroyed Washington DC (ala Fallout 3), but there are some very notable locations. The Favela is very impressive, however, it reminded me of Nepal from Uncharted 2 with all it's vibrant colors while still looking saturated with war, or the oil rig mission, which was mostly blue. As for the emp scene (I assume you're referring to the part with the astronaut), I guess. It only lasted a little under a minute though. Halo's "cinematography" on the other hand, is backed up by actually decent writing and devoloped characters as well as a sensical story, and the fact they actually represent "CINEMA". Like, movie cinema. While I do wish that the animation was motion capture, it's still not terrible or anything. The rest of that second paragraph of yours I can't make out, I really don't know what arse over head means, or how blatantly you're generalising every single scene from Halo as characters falling over and telling each other facts while bouncing. Halo's style is pretty original, except for some UNSC ship designs, which are heavily inspired by Aliens (but honestly, every sci-fi out there copies Aliens in one way or another). The graphics aren't that bad either. The lighting and detail are great, as well as massive scope and the largest ever draw distance in video game history. The only issue I see is some flat or last-gen textures.
FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

hmm the daily hate thread; where a single game/franchise/developer is bashed and squabbled over.

The simple answer is, Halo is fun and a lot of people like it. Everyone has different tastes.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts
Overhyped fad aimed at the preteen audience.RedruM_I
Nine years is a long fad. And I guess the blood and exploding flood parts are aimed at the tween demographic I take it. :P
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Derek240"]

Derek240

And to ZAGAV3...saying Halo CE's single player cannot be matched even by Uncharted 2 is a travesty of massive proportions.

Its just gotten to the point where the only things that's actually overrated, is the use of the word "overrated" on system wars :|

Seriously, its just become the easy way out for people to undermine successful games where they otherwise have no other grounds to diminish them. Opinions are one thing, but only an opinion that can be backed up with facts or objective evidence holds any merit.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="RedruM_I"]Overhyped fad aimed at the preteen audience.SpiritOfFire117
Nine years is a long fad. And I guess the blood and exploding flood parts are aimed at the tween demographic I take it. :P

I guess we now know the only thing that's a bigger fad than the Wii, huh? ;)

ZAGAV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 ZAGAV3

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Derek240"]

Derek240

Actually, for its time, that's absolutely correct. Bungie then focused on online multiplayer.

Omustu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 Omustu
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts

i never got the appeal either, i'm playing it at the moment. imo it's pretty mediocre. i think the reason why people have such a die hard attitude to it is because they played it when it first came out. It was the best at the time, im certainly not taking that away. It was new, popular and loved as well as introduced new features to the FPS genere. Just like when i played CoD4 when it came out, it was amazing, i clocked over 14 days in multiplayer. But i havent bothered with MW2, i played it and i guess i have matured a lil bit when it comes to FPS. Especially after playing Bad Company. Of course this is my opinion, not trying to offend anyone.

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Leejjohno

[QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

[QUOTE="enterawesome"]Cinematography? Is that a joke? The whole game is in first-person! :lol: At least Halo has actual cutscenes that can qualify as "cinematography". Art style? If you consider real world locations just poligonized then saturated in all kinds of shades of brown as art-style, then okay. But Halo's art sytle is actually original. Highly polished graphics, I'll give you. The graphics don't seem to have many bugs or glitches. Thankfully, it's the same case with Halo.enterawesome

I was using hyperbole when describing CoD's locations. The majority of the game is in the bland Middle-east and deprived and destroyed Washington DC (ala Fallout 3), but there are some very notable locations. The Favela is very impressive, however, it reminded me of Nepal from Uncharted 2 with all it's vibrant colors while still looking saturated with war, or the oil rig mission, which was mostly blue. As for the emp scene (I assume you're referring to the part with the astronaut), I guess. It only lasted a little under a minute though. Halo's "cinematography" on the other hand, is backed up by actually decent writing and devoloped characters as well as a sensical story, and the fact they actually represent "CINEMA". Like, movie cinema. While I do wish that the animation was motion capture, it's still not terrible or anything. The rest of that second paragraph of yours I can't make out, I really don't know what arse over head means, or how blatantly you're generalising every single scene from Halo as characters falling over and telling each other facts while bouncing. Halo's style is pretty original, except for some UNSC ship designs, which are heavily inspired by Aliens (but honestly, every sci-fi out there copies Aliens in one way or another). The graphics aren't that bad either. The lighting and detail are great, as well as massive scope and the largest ever draw distance in video game history. The only issue I see is some flat or last-gen textures.

To fall arse over head means to trip and at the apex of the fall your arse is at a higher altitude than your head (like when you walk on a banana skin with the back of your foot)... in this case it was a figure of speech to mean that the characters of the game "try very hard" but ultimately fail at making the MC seem mystical or otherworldly (don't you remember cortanas opening speech? ). By bouncing I meant the way marines move in the game, their entire silhouette is just utterly exaggerated in both cutscenes and in game, but I found your interpretation of it extremely funny in my minds eye anyway :P.

As for draw distance I thought GTAIV was more impressive, or even Crysis.

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 SpiritOfFire117

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="RedruM_I"]Overhyped fad aimed at the preteen audience.AdobeArtist

I guess we now know the only thing that's a bigger fad than the Wii, huh? ;)

Indeed we do. :P
Lisandro_v22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Lisandro_v22
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts
Games don't need to revolutionize anything to be good. By your logic, you should also be asking why people love Uncharted 2 and Dragon Age. They don't revolutionize, how can they be good.Skittles_McGee
Games need to be revolutionary sometimes it's not just about gameplay but story, Uncharted 2 is very original because of it's gameplay it's crystal clear, I hate Dragon Age actually because of the same reason, it looks exactly like every other American RPG there a few exception (search: Planescape Torment) idk about Halo, I haven't played it I saw people playing it and from my ignorance I believe that the first one was a real step forward for Shooters and that's why it built a fanbase and once you built a fanbase they'll buy every **** you give to them no matter what (I don't mean that Halo is crap)
X360PS3AMD05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 X360PS3AMD05
Member since 2005 • 36320 Posts
Because they think the Xbox invented FPS.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#234 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Because the story Bungie created, the characters - everything that makes Halo, Halo. I think it is all just so well done, so well crafted and executed.

Love, Bungie

enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 enterawesome
[QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

[QUOTE="enterawesome"][QUOTE="Leejjohno"]

To fall arse over head means to trip and at the apex of the fall your arse is at a higher altitude than your head (like when you walk on a banana skin with the back of your foot)... in this case it was a figure of speech to mean that the characters of the game "try very hard" but ultimately fail at making the MC seem mystical or otherworldly (don't you remember cortanas opening speech? ). By bouncing I meant the way marines move in the game, their entire silhouette is just utterly exaggerated in both cutscenes and in game, but I found your interpretation of it extremely funny in my minds eye anyway :P.

As for draw distance I thought GTAIV was more impressive, or even Crysis.

I always thought Master Chief was really badass, but not "otherworldly", since I read about how he was raised and trained in the novel The Fall of Reach. Yes, the animation is exagerrated a bit (I don't notice it too much, however). Bungie needs to start using motion capture. By the way, according to Guiness Video Game World Records 2008, Halo 3 has the largest recorded draw distance in a 3-D scene as of January 2008, at 14 miles or 22 km.
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Because it's fun, not the best but still. TF2>>>>some other game>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Halo 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Killzone 2 imo
Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
I once knew a guy in real life who was incredibly good at Halo 3. He would compete in a tournament every other week, spent 4-5 hours a day online, owned 3 360's, sold high level accounts on ebay, and even spent hundreds of dollars to travel across the country to compete in an MLG tournament. But, the thing is he's also the most anti-semitic anti-Islamic person I know. Pretty much everything he said had to do with Halo or how much he hated Jews or Muslims. I guess that's to be expected when you play on Xbox Live so much.
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 enterawesome
Because it's fun, not the best but still. TF2>>>>some other game>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Halo 3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Killzone 2 imo SAGE_OF_FIRE
I'll fix that list for you: TF2 = Halo 3 > Super Smash Bros. Brawl >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Killzone 2 I.M.O.
Mongo-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 Mongo-Boss
Member since 2008 • 2108 Posts

It's fun

RedruM_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 RedruM_I
Member since 2009 • 3051 Posts

[QUOTE="RedruM_I"]Overhyped fad aimed at the preteen audience.AdobeArtist

And what is Final Fantasy aimed at? Emo kids who look to games for the latest hair fashion trends to wear to school?

FF has lost its way IMO but it's not a fad. Halo is not bad but is not as good as people and reviewers make it to be IMO. I think I've never seen a video game being mentioned so much in movies and tv shows, not even Mario. In many teen movies and sitcons I constantly see kids mentioning Halo for whatever reason. You can see the same phenomenon with Harry Potter. Halo and Harry Potter are not bad but their ridiculous popularity is because of a fad phenomenon in my opinion and has little to do with their quality.
prsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 prsman
Member since 2007 • 915 Posts

[QUOTE="dog_dirt"]

thanks for sharing that with us all. what other games dont you like

jherbach1222

Mass effect 1 ( I will be getting the second one though)

Fallout 3 (boring but pretty coool gameplay mechanics)

Bayonneta ( got it for ps3 though IDK why i just did But the Framerate drops alot)

Littlebigplanet ( great game but sp was lacking)

Halo 3 (generic, but mindless fun offered some enjoyment looking forward to reach)

HALO ODST ( bought it and returned a few days later bc it wasn't worth a full 60)

Dead space ( a big letdown it wasn't even close to scary if you want sscarey buy siren on PS3)

By those logics you hate people and love moldy sponges.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#242 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
here's a question: why is it a problem for people to like halo? why does it bother anyone that people are halo fans?
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 SpiritOfFire117
I once knew a guy in real life who was incredibly good at Halo 3. He would compete in a tournament every other week, spent 4-5 hours a day online, owned 3 360's, sold high level accounts on ebay, and even spent hundreds of dollars to travel across the country to compete in an MLG tournament. But, the thing is he's also the most anti-semitic anti-Islamic person I know. Pretty much everything he said had to do with Halo or how much he hated Jews or Muslims. I guess that's to be expected when you play on Xbox Live so much.VanHelsingBoA64
So essentially playing Halo on XBL makes you a bigot? Out of all the wild reasons for hating a game, this one deserves to be mounted. :?
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

Actually i just had my first experience with Halo 3 last sunday.And i found it to be a very excellent game multiplayer wise right up there with MW2

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 AdobeArtist  Moderator

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="RedruM_I"]Overhyped fad aimed at the preteen audience.RedruM_I

FF has lost its way IMO but it's not a fad. Halo is not bad but is not as good as people and reviewers make it to be IMO. I think I've never seen a video game being mentioned so much in movies and tv shows, not even Mario. In many teen movies and sitcons I constantly see kids mentioning Halo for whatever reason. You can see the same phenomenon with Harry Potter. Halo and Harry Potter are not bad but their ridiculous popularity is because of a fad phenomenon in my opinion and has little to do with their quality.

Again, most people here aren't saying Halo the the "greatest shooter ever". Just that its an all around enjoyable game, well balanced in gameplay, graphics, and story, diverse in weapons and game types, and offering a range from accessible to hardcore depending on how much the players put into the game (from a couple hours at home a week, to MLG). One quality I DO think Halo excels at is the audio. The music by Marty O'Donnell is masterful and creates great mood and atmosphere for the games story.

I could spin this around and say its more like Halo isn't nearly as terrible as most fanboys make it out to be. Especially when they throw arouns the word "overrated".

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#246 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Coming from someone who isn't fond of the FPS Genre, it's fun.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#247 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

here's a question: why is it a problem for people to like halo? why does it bother anyone that people are halo fans?lawlessx
I strongly believe that it´s a bovine problem.

You know,the ones that go muuuu... ;)

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#248 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
The multiplayer is a ton of fun, the universe while badly written is just loveable. Love the lore, and the overall gameplay is a blast. Its a great franchise
Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Eggimannd
Member since 2009 • 1734 Posts

I'm playing the first one right now and all I can say is grunts must be the most annoying enemies I've ever faced.

Avatar image for Ravenlore_basic
Ravenlore_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#250 Ravenlore_basic
Member since 2003 • 4319 Posts

I honestly don't get it, it does nothing special at all. The MP is the only good part about it, the story doesnt even make sense and it is beyond generic. For the record I do own a xbox360 gamertag is xMixTapeManglax just in case you don't beleive me. The only halo that was great was halo 2 and that definatly doesnt deserve a 9.7 I mean REALLY? I would give it a solid 8 and HAlO 3 wth?? 9.5 Are you serious?? the story is repetitive as hell and MP does get old after a while. Why is it that people praise this series like its somehow revolutionary? I do have faith that HALO reach will deliver, Im reallyhoping it does because this series is getting a bit to stale.

jherbach1222

All true but, they do not make Goldeneye for any other consoles, Halo's control, and gamemechnics are the same, the fluid motion... Try playing GE then Halo right after and FEEL how they play. The speed, the rotation of the camera...

I thought everything worked well.And since it was the first game after GE to get it and there was not more GE, Halo caught on.