Who here even plays games?

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I'm a bit surprised this thread didn't get locked though, seeing as the underlying point is fanboy wars, specifically "Cows are sucky shills who don't actually play games".

RekonMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By RekonMeister
Member since 2016 • 784 Posts

@Ghost120x said:
@Kruiz_Bathory said:

If the posts here are getting to you, maybe it's time for you to take a break and play some games.

Agreed. Perhaps the OP has spent too much time on SW and needs to take his own advice.

Yup an hour is too much at times. No logic any where.

RekonMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 RekonMeister

@ConanTheStoner said:

I'm a bit surprised this thread didn't get locked though, seeing as the underlying point is fanboy wars, specifically "Cows are sucky shills who don't actually play games".

Well you don't have to be that harsh on them...

But truth does hurt, i mean look at anything that was real trash Gran Turismo 5 for one...

I mentioned cows because that is all i see here, Cows talking betty swallocks.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@rekonmeister:

Yeah, I hear ya man. All fanboys suck, but cows have historically been the most petty, hypocritical, and superficial of the bunch. They tend to argue numbers more than games, but they pick and choose which numbers suit their argument at the time. They're a hyperbolic bunch as well as being gold medalist goal posts movers.

Everyone likes to pick on Nya for being such a delusional lem, but we have about a half dozen cows that are on his level or worse.

I do understand man.

All I'm saying is that I'm surprised this thread was allowed to go on since thinly veiled fanboy wars topics are usually a no no.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#105 Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@rekonmeister said:
@Heil68 said:

Well no PC exclusive has ever gotten a 10/10 as per GS or a recent GOTY exclusive as per GS either, so Uncharted remarkable achievement of AAAAe 10/10 Essential must play game is a marvel of gaming in this day and age.

I like it's visuals, however it's just another UC game, much like HALO overhyped and repetitive.

like the new Total War game coming out is just another Total War? Derp

Boom.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#106 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@rekonmeister:

Yeah, I hear ya man. All fanboys suck, but cows have historically been the most petty, hypocritical, and superficial of the bunch. They tend to argue numbers more than games, but they pick and choose which numbers suit their argument at the time. They're a hyperbolic bunch as well as being gold medalist goal posts movers.

Everyone likes to pick on Nya for being such a delusional lem, but we have about a half dozen cows that are on his level or worse.

I do understand man.

All I'm saying is that I'm surprised this thread was allowed to go on since thinly veiled fanboy wars topics are usually a no no.

Truth.

@rekonmeister Also, most cows on here don't really play the games they hype up on here. Hell, there was a time where most of them didn't even own PS4's yet (probably still don't) and....you guessed it, glorified everything about it (exclusives, etc). This is really nothing new.

But, it's not just cows, it's all factions. Just ask most of these fakeboys what their PSNID, Gamertag, or SteamID is, ....instant exposure. That's the main reason some of them don't post it.

Welcome to System Wars.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#107 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@davillain- said:

I'm a gamer, a Manticore. I enjoy playing games on any platform's and nothing more.

so do I mate all this bickering is stupid lol

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5884 Posts

Fakeboys shouldn't be allowed to post on these forums.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#109  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44564 Posts

Just because you can say that you own a PC which has the most games available doesn't mean one plays a lot of games. On my consoles with their meager libraries by contrast I'm almost always playing something great, gaming is like a 2nd full time job with overtime for me. It's like I say about the hardcore versus casual gamer thing, it's not what you play it's how you play it. Casual gamers are gamers who pop in a game they redbox or borrow, play it for an hour and more often than not almost never touch it again. I know these players exist, I see it in their achievements/trophies and makes up a majority of their history. Whereas with others they'll go through games several times unlocking achievements and trophies, trying to experience more of it, and they play almost anything they can get their hands on and play some substantial amount. And you can get a good idea of their taste in games for what they play a great deal of. So, you can claim to be a PC gamer, doesn't mean squat if we don't really know what kind of gamer you are though.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@davillain-: You are probably the only True Manitore on SW.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#111 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34614 Posts

Playing Dark Souls III like a mf right now. I'm usually just posting when I'm either at work or when I'm really bored.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

@flyincloud1116 said:

Not really, @SolidTy is also a great Manticore as well. Don't get me wrong, I most of the times bad mouth MS for there stupidity (sometimes Nintendo as well) but that doesn't mean I hate there Xbox One, Xbox One is okay, and still playing Killer Instinct & Rare Replay for the most parts. I just happens to own all the current-gen consoles and PC cause hey, I'm a gamer :P

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#113 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@rekonmeister: I could say the same about PC fanboys. All they ever talk about is how pretty games look and less about what are actually good games.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Flyincloud1116

@davillain- said:
@flyincloud1116 said:

Not really, @SolidTy is also a great Manticore as well. Don't get me wrong, I most of the times bad mouth MS for there stupidity (sometimes Nintendo as well) but that doesn't mean I hate there Xbox One, Xbox One is okay, and still playing Killer Instinct & Rare Replay for the most parts. I just happens to own all the current-gen consoles and PC cause hey, I'm a gamer :P

Right now I'm stuck on FFXIV, but Drake I'm coming for you soon.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 DaVillain  Moderator

@flyincloud1116: I saw you played FFXIV yesterday as I log-in to my PS4 when I was getting ready to play UC4 lol. Nothing wrong playing FFXIV, you'll got plenty of time to play UC4 anyway.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Flyincloud1116

@davillain- said:

@flyincloud1116: I saw you played FFXIV yesterday as I log-in to my PS4 when I was getting ready to play UC4 lol. Nothing wrong playing FFXIV, you'll got plenty of time to play UC4 anyway.

I know, and I hope I am over this addiction by the time No Man Sky comes out.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#117 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

I admit that I don't play games nearly as much as I used too, but I blame the poor output of games this generation - although getting old, wife, house, career, and all that jazz plays a role in taking a huge chunk of my time.

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Stellaris released 48 hrs ago and I have 18 hrs already :P

You have a problem, sir.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

I admit that I don't play games nearly as much as I used too, but I blame the poor output of games this generation - although getting old, wife, house, career, and all that jazz plays a role in taking a huge chunk of my time.

And you call yourself Stevo the gamer lol. Well then Stevo, time to retired from gaming I would say and let the new generation like me take care of things around here.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Stellaris released 48 hrs ago and I have 18 hrs already :P

You have a problem, sir.

I do. Its whether or not I should allow the Duonoverian Confederation to insult me and declare me a rival without answering in kind and invading but risking the wrath of a neighbouring fallen empire who frowns upon aggression.

Oh and now at 26 hrs :D

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Watching is the new playing.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

I play with myself, that's a kinda game right?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

I'm kinda hooked on that quirky free to play old school text adventure game called ... System Wars. :P

Yes, I play VG.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@charizard1605 said:

I do. Just spent three and a half hours playing Ratchet and Clank, actually. Great game.

Thought you weren't feeling it. Some of the underwhelming comments held me off buying it. Does it get better?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#124 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@bobrossperm said:
@charizard1605 said:

I do. Just spent three and a half hours playing Ratchet and Clank, actually. Great game.

Thought you weren't feeling it. Some of the underwhelming comments held me off buying it. Does it get better?

Yeah, it gets better later. The beginning is very underwhelming, but it picks up a few planets in. Plays like a more refined A Crack in Time, which is all good in my books.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb25e4a41d76
deactivated-5bb25e4a41d76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-5bb25e4a41d76
Member since 2016 • 372 Posts

I play games. I current play them on PC, XBONE, GCN, 3DS, GBA, PSP, WIIU, daily.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@davillain- said:

I'm a gamer, a Manticore. I enjoy playing games on any platform's and nothing more.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@rekonmeister said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

Well you don't have to be that harsh on them...

But truth does hurt, i mean look at anything that was real trash Gran Turismo 5 for one...

I mentioned cows because that is all i see here, Cows talking betty swallocks.

That may be all you see, but that's hyperbole. There are a plethora of idiot fanboys on this forum. Most of these users are an act for shits and giggles.

RekonMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 RekonMeister

@lamprey263 said:

Just because you can say that you own a PC which has the most games available doesn't mean one plays a lot of games. On my consoles with their meager libraries by contrast I'm almost always playing something great, gaming is like a 2nd full time job with overtime for me. It's like I say about the hardcore versus casual gamer thing, it's not what you play it's how you play it. Casual gamers are gamers who pop in a game they redbox or borrow, play it for an hour and more often than not almost never touch it again. I know these players exist, I see it in their achievements/trophies and makes up a majority of their history. Whereas with others they'll go through games several times unlocking achievements and trophies, trying to experience more of it, and they play almost anything they can get their hands on and play some substantial amount. And you can get a good idea of their taste in games for what they play a great deal of. So, you can claim to be a PC gamer, doesn't mean squat if we don't really know what kind of gamer you are though.

I am mostly trying to play my backlog of games, it's why i don't have all of the newer titles yet.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/maikaru/

I play CSGO relgiously though... that's my Go to competitive FPS.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@rekonmeister: sorry to break to ya but your pc will never give you a console exsperince.

It will never have the enclosed community alot of people want. Enjoy ya pc bro i consider you retarded if you think it isnt obvious that to 9 out 10 people in the know pc can be better. Its a pc dummy. Is this a veteran site or not ?

I will say console dev 1 up pc dev sometimes. Especially with there limitations.

You talk so highly of pc as if its a gen ahead of current gen significantly. If you ask me you should be ashamed fps is the only major difference.

RekonMeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 RekonMeister

@Livecommander said:

@rekonmeister: sorry to break to ya but your pc will never give you a console exsperince.

It will never have the enclosed community alot of people want. Enjoy ya pc bro i consider you retarded if you think it isnt obvious that to 9 out 10 people in the know pc can be better. Its a pc dummy. Is this a veteran site or not ?

I will say console dev 1 up pc dev sometimes. Especially with there limitations.

You talk so highly of pc as if its a gen ahead of current gen significantly. If you ask me you should be ashamed fps is the only major difference.

?

Well done for putting words in my mouth, never said any of this, this is just you damage controlling over nothing.

Jagoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#131 Jagoff
Member since 2016 • 515 Posts

I just look at the boxart and let my right hand do the rest.

That's how it's done, right?

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#132 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
@Heil68 said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Not even close, first off its a different setting. Secondly, the gameplay will be quite different compared to previous total war games, we never had magic nor playable creatures and monsters before. While uncharted 4 is pretty much the same game with a different story and some updated graphics.

@Heil68 said:
@rekonmeister said:
@Heil68 said:

Well no PC exclusive has ever gotten a 10/10 as per GS or a recent GOTY exclusive as per GS either, so Uncharted remarkable achievement of AAAAe 10/10 Essential must play game is a marvel of gaming in this day and age.

I like it's visuals, however it's just another UC game, much like HALO overhyped and repetitive.

Well its still total bore anyways...But yeah doing the economy and trade with those deep mouse clicks is oh so satisfying.

much more satisfying than watching 10 minutes cutscenes

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@the_master_race said:
@Heil68 said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Not even close, first off its a different setting. Secondly, the gameplay will be quite different compared to previous total war games, we never had magic nor playable creatures and monsters before. While uncharted 4 is pretty much the same game with a different story and some updated graphics.

@Heil68 said:
@rekonmeister said:

Well its still total bore anyways...But yeah doing the economy and trade with those deep mouse clicks is oh so satisfying.

Were not talking about PC walking simulators or PC adventures games, but yeah I guess.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

Beside, even if he is not into campaign management, the game offers very cinematic and interactive batlles. Combat that actually requires more than just pushing the right trigger button.

@the_master_race said:
@Heil68 said:
@thepclovingguy said:

@Heil68 said:

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@ten_pints said:

I play with myself, that's a kinda game right?

LOL

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 thepclovingguy

Huge scale battles are far more cinematic and interesting than those tiny engagements in uncharted 4

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@thepclovingguy said:

Beside, even if he is not into campaign management, the game offers very cinematic and interactive batlles. Combat that actually requires more than just pushing the right trigger button.

@the_master_race said:
@Heil68 said:
@thepclovingguy said:

@Heil68 said:

Well yeah, sometimes you even have to push the left mouse button!

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

I have 20 total systems hooked up and ready to play (atari 2600 through ps4) and play games almost daily, is that enough or do I need something else to to be inducted into the I play games category?

Side note, I love how every group of fanboys complain about one another like one side is worse then the other lol, its so cute they all don't realize that they're all morons. News flash, there are idiot fanboys on every platform from PC to Xone to PS, or cows, lems dogs cats, whatever you losers call each other.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#139 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@charizard1605: You're so damned back n forth about stuff. One minute you think a game sucks, the next it's great.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

I certainly don't game much these days. The only current gen games I've played are Ratchet and Clank and Fallout 4. Both were somewhat disappointing, though still enjoyable. Ratchet and Clank seemed short and Fallout 4 got old much more quickly that it's predecessors.

Otherwise, I still play the crap out of Civ V, pretty much every day in fact. I was super excited over the press release regarding VI!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#141  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@charizard1605: You're so damned back n forth about stuff. One minute you think a game sucks, the next it's great.

Opinions change, especially for a game you are still playing :)

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 thepclovingguy

The total war still requires more brain than your right trigger adventure game.

@Heil68 said:
@thepclovingguy said:

@the_master_race said:
@Heil68 said:

Well yeah, sometimes you even have to push the left mouse button!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@davillain- said:
@flyincloud1116 said:

What the f***?!
What the f***?!

A song for Manticore bros.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU8Wc6a1r7o

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#144 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I buy more games than I play.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

I play every day. Could be a few hours or til the early hours of the next day. Played since I was about 3 years old. I've owned lots of consoles, handhelds and a few years on pc. Gaming is my main hobby because gaming is a great escape from the trials of life.

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Wizard
Member since 2015 • 940 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007: People who care about sales numbers are especially bad. Graphics and review scores are one thing, but actually caring about how many others buy the game to validate your gaming experience is just....wow.

To everybody else though this is system wars after all, not sure what they expect to find?

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#147 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I play games every day, last night it was co-op Saints Row 4, then I have Fallout 4, Ori:definitive edition, The Forest, Forza:Apex, the list goes on and on and on.

opticaLiLusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By opticaLiLusion
Member since 2016 • 78 Posts

I do game on whatever I feel like playing on. Currently Playing UC4 but tonight since I have tomorrow off decided to drink, browse forums and play F.E.A.R. on PS3 ( I have it on steam, but it apparently hates logitech drivers and dumps the games FPS down into the teens for no reason). I picked it up today at GAME for cheaps. I'm one of those who plays games based on mood and I realized I never beat FEAR. It looks worse on PS3, but I'm at least playing it rather than trying to figure a work around for logitech drivers since all my mice are logitech. I do play on everything, I'm not the Hermit these forums seem to project, even though I have a powerful PC, I'm not hung up on Res, FPS, graphics settings. I'll play a game on console just fine when I feel like it. In this case tonight, I'm choosing the worst version of F.E.A.R. to pay through technically, but since I own a logitech mouse, the PC version is actually the worst right now and I don't feel like messing with everything in an attempt to make it work.

Now if only Taco Bell delivered to my area right now...

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#149  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Currently playing Pillars of Eternity White March I & II, Stellaris and Pocket Card Jockey. Trying to finish two of them before Overwatch releases.

I do believe that most gamers (even on SW) are missing out on a lot of games that they would absolutely love because of their prejudice or dismissive nature.

BalaminienBGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 BalaminienBGS
Member since 2016 • 68 Posts

@rekonmeister:

I play mostly PC now, used to play alot more on consoles, but over time became more and more invested into particular strategy games that just completely ate up all my gaming. So to answer the thread question *puts hands up* I do.