Who here even plays games?

• 157 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

This is System Wars where you rub the competition's nose in the dirt.

I have my gaming spread out over several games, most of them from last year and older.

I cut down my time here because it's always the same threads every few days.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Been playing Battleship Gothic and getting my arse kicked on it. Looking at getting a TV this weekend so I can start playing my consoles again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@aroxx_ab said:

Top PC games is not that graphical good looking, Wow, Moba, indie games like Terraria looking get crushed easy by Uncharted graphics.

PC gamers like indie games and mods. some get powerful rigs but still play those shitty looking games. Hermits only care about graphics when they want to brag over "powerful hardware" in system wars.

You mean.... graphics don't make the best GAMES? damn... oh wait, I already knew that.... Uncharted! hah

On topic.

Played a lot of Overwatch this week, play heartstone on the phone now and then as a casual interest. Playing FF9 on steam currently, dabble in Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous. And Dark Souls 3.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#54 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts

How do you have a 1080 so early? ;)

Also, people here play a disgusting amount of games. Such dedication to games that they spend their non-gaming time talking about games.

Fanboyism is the life-blood of SW. I'm thankful for guys like heil and nydc they make this place more fun.

Frinkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By Frinkar
Member since 2009 • 103 Posts

Me. I just beat Uncharted 4

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Games? Those are just part of the pixel counting, sales and review score ammo that are system wars.

Don't dis a game you have not played, it's stupid. If it's not your thing move on. I don't like games in the style of the Witcher 3, but I don't wish them to fail. I don't wish any game to fail. Keep raising the water mark, and it lifts all us gamers up!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@thepclovingguy said:

Playing massive scale battles is still way more entertaining than running and gunning a few brainless ais. Since total war requires brain unlike uncharted 4, I am not very surprise about your opinion.

@Heil68 said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Not even close, first off its a different setting. Secondly, the gameplay will be quite different compared to previous total war games, we never had magic nor playable creatures and monsters before. While uncharted 4 is pretty much the same game with a different story and some updated graphics.

@Heil68 said:
@rekonmeister said:

I like it's visuals, however it's just another UC game, much like HALO overhyped and repetitive.

like the new Total War game coming out is just another Total War? Derp

Well its still total bore anyways...But yeah doing the economy and trade with those deep mouse clicks is oh so satisfying.

yup, just click and circle some troops and click to attack, so deep its amazing dude. I'm going to pick it up for sure. So hardcore!!!!

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

I rarely have the time to play thanks to grad school plus my job and life.Every once in awhile I play Rocket League but that's about it.

I did buy UC4 so I will probably play it this weekend.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I even play games.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

@Kruiz_Bathory said:

If the posts here are getting to you, maybe it's time for you to take a break and play some games.

Agreed. Perhaps the OP has spent too much time on SW and needs to take his own advice.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

Sure, try that strategy and you will be wrecked in seconds, this ain't starcraft. This is far more enjoyable then continuously mashing the right trigger on your controller.

@Heil68 said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Playing massive scale battles is still way more entertaining than running and gunning a few brainless ais. Since total war requires brain unlike uncharted 4, I am not very surprise about your opinion.

@Heil68 said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Not even close, first off its a different setting. Secondly, the gameplay will be quite different compared to previous total war games, we never had magic nor playable creatures and monsters before. While uncharted 4 is pretty much the same game with a different story and some updated graphics.

Well its still total bore anyways...But yeah doing the economy and trade with those deep mouse clicks is oh so satisfying.

yup, just click and circle some troops and click to attack, so deep its amazing dude. I'm going to pick it up for sure. So hardcore!!!!

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I do. However, I tend to become obsessed with 1 game at a time for very long periods of time, which prevents me from enjoying other titles. Overwatch is obviously that next game.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Playing Dark souls 3, I really crawl through souls games because I love the lore and PvP. So I spend hours dicking around with duels and exploring the fantastic locations trying to figure out all the more for myself.

Also started playing telltales game of thrones, at the the start but the combat seems awkward and pointless, wolf among us had better mechanics, basically just quick time events but they fit better in a telltale game.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Nobody here actually plays games, we just shit on everything, post bullshots, nut hug on a brand and say everyone else's tastes are crap. It's what we do.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@rekonmeister: Playing since 1979.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@thepclovingguy said:

Sure, try that strategy and you will be wrecked in seconds, this ain't starcraft. This is far more enjoyable then continuously mashing the right trigger on your controller.

@Heil68 said:
@thepclovingguy said:

@Heil68 said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Lets play hearts of Iron 3 sometime!!!! So hardcore!!!!

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

I recently played the Overwatch Beta on xbox loved it great game. Gears 4 beta just finished about a week ago played that every night. Currently playing Forza Apex on PC and some Fallout 4 on PC when i have time

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Well I've been playing UC4 since Monday so...

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I sorta play games?!?

I mean, I play cards with my grandma at MeeMa and PeePops house. PeePop sort of just drinks out of a paper bag and sometimes does yard work. I also play Solitaire when she's making her famous bootstew. The thing is, when my parents drop my siblings and I off here to visit, it gets boring. One day I noticed my grandparents had gotten that popular and newfangled internet at their house, so I decided it would help me with homework. Then I found this site and registered here to see and interact with the older, adult gaming fans to see what my future holds when I finally get a game console or if MeeMa upgrades her lappytops for gaming.

This place is not as fun as water colors, bubble-war-hopscotch out back, but sometimes system wars is a glimpse at humanities future, I think.

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@rekonmeister said:

i honestly don't see fanboys from other factions doing this or am i blind?

What a stupid thing to say. You should stop wasting your life by hating the PS4. Go and play some games or something.

@Heil68 said:

You think this is fun and games? Only supreme scientists can master the hardcore deepness, son!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

@rekonmeister said:
@davillain- said:

I'm a gamer, a Manticore. I enjoy playing games on any platform's and nothing more.

Need more of this.

Guess I should have explain more about myself.

I been gaming since 1993, I do however, favor over the other guy, like I prefer to use my PS4 more so then Xbox One and Wii U combine. My PC is there as a bonus for guilty pleasure in of course, gaming fun. If you look at my sig, I always updated what games I'm currently playing now and playing Uncharted 4 for the most parts and I'm enjoying the game and just so that were clear, I never consider it to be this graphic king BS, the game itself is fun.

@rekonmeister said:
@Renegade_Fury said:

If there isn't a playoff game or a Giants' night game going on, I've managed to play video games pretty regularly recently. Last night, I quickly went through Sonic 1 and CD , and I've been mainly playing the Mega Man Legacy Collection, Mushihimesama, and more Fall of Cybertron multiplayer with one of my friends on the weekend.

How is Fall of Cybertron? seen it advertised before on Steam but never thought of looking into it.

I'm a Transformers fan, I can tell you about Fall of Cybertron. It's a step back from War of Cybertron mainly just the gameplay, but totally worth it for the story. It's short but basically perfectly paced with story and action, and the action always has purpose. To me, I had fun playing both Transformers games but if you're a TF fan, you'll can't go wrong with Fall of Cybertron. One last thing, don't expect to get anything out of the ending and what I mean by that, it it's own entity. These games are prequel to the Generation 1 Transformers series but however, if you do get Fall of Cybertron and beat it, just watch Transformers: Prime series, it's up-to-date and follows were the game left off. (Well in someways)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
deactivated-5a8875b6c648f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-5a8875b6c648f
Member since 2015 • 954 Posts

Played Overwatch, Witcher 3 and a bit of Rocket League.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@davillain-: Fall of Cybertron is a step back in terms of gameplay? Sorry, but I couldn't disagree more with that. There isn't a thing that the first game does better, and I would only recommend it to someone if they have a thing for killing waves of generic enemies in small rooms. Fall of Cybertron is all about variety, which is the complete opposite type of experience.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#74 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14496 Posts

More than you know, less than you think :P

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#75 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Play tons of games, but not really a "Day 1!"-type of gamer. Currently playing Hotline Miami 2 which is excellent btw.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

@Renegade_Fury: I just find the controls to be sluggish on my part but like I said, Fall of Cybertron is fun and the story was also great.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@davillain- said:

@Renegade_Fury: I just find the controls to be sluggish on my part but like I said, both games are fun and the story was also great.

I don't remember there being much of a difference in the controls, but I'll agree that War of Cybertron had a good story and was was a fun ride as a Transformers fan. I just think that High Moon put in a noticeable amount of more polish into the second game, so it's easier to recommend to people that may not even be into Transformers, but are looking for a good TPS.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17820 Posts

@blue_hazy_basic: worth a purchase then?

i have been playing an oldie that i never gout around to at the time: Xcom enemy unknown. so far...yeah i can see why it was praised.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I used to play Street Fighter 2 back when it came out, and I watched a friend play Super Mario Bros. once.

That's about it though.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Basically you're just a PC fanboy blaming other fanboys for being fanboys with your own fanboyism.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

Perhaps the most committed gamer's nowadays are the ones that play games NOT based off graphical boundaries or which ones royally beat out the competition over technicalities. These types of gamer's - which make up a large portion of a forum like System Wars - are not being true to themselves as gamer's, because we live in a time where graphics and technological innovation is what defines the quality of an experience more than the quality of the gaming experience itself. It's a sad revelation to believe, that we live in an industry with open competition, and its tainted our very own expectations of what makes a good game as long as it does something we know someone else can get jealous over not having on their preferred platform.

SuperClocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 SuperClocks
Member since 2009 • 334 Posts

Videogames consumed my life for a long time. The years seemed to fly by, and I regret missing out on spending more of that time with my kids, so I don't play videogames nearly as much as I used to. I only play a very small amount of the really good games that I'm very interested in...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61486 Posts

I play a couple hours a night if I have time, or if I don't feel like watching TV. Weekends I play more, unless i'm out for the night.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#84 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

What do you mean people don't play games?

You're saying people don't go to system wars to troll and play around with other people?

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@osan0 said:

@blue_hazy_basic: worth a purchase then?

i have been playing an oldie that i never gout around to at the time: Xcom enemy unknown. so far...yeah i can see why it was praised.

original XCOM was a brilliant game. I love the new one too, but not a patch on the old one (Xenonauts a good updated version btw)

Loving Stellaris so far.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#86 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

This feels like a pointless thread...

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#87 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I play games all the time, just not games that others are playing.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#88  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

All I do is play, eat, and post of this forum when my fingers hurt. Netflix when I'm crashing.

Playing magic duels now, some killer instinct, will get back into fifa soon and fallout will probably be postponed till after the summer.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Um my Gamerscore says I play games. I do think that there are a few people who spend more time here than gaming though.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#90 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Games? Never heard of them.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#91 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Was just playing a game a few seconds ago.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#92  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I play all sorts of games, anyone is free to add me on PS4 and check out my trophies :D

over 100 games of something are there

i do play a lot of shooters though and im usually at the top of the leaderboards when it comes to FPS's

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#93 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I play games in some of my free time. And after a 12-13 hour day, I tend not to have the energy to turn on the console or boot a game on the PC, and just like a short, casual browse of some websites.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I have a huge backlog of games, the games I'm currently playing are in my sig

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Yes and Monster Hunter 4 is draining away my time.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#96 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I'm playing Stellaris right now in the background as I type this post out.

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#97 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

Why even play games where you can just parrot the gamer consensus on the internet and shitpost?

Lilseb93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Lilseb93
Member since 2015 • 392 Posts

I do.

Besides the forum is called System Wars. What do you expect to see? It's fun to read people going at it.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@rekonmeister said:

I can name a few who obviously don't but that would be naming and shaming. Just seems like fake players all over the place, mostly from the Cow faction unfortunately.

UC4 better graphics than anything on PC 2016 - obviously not played anything on PC with remotely decent PC then.

XBOX trailing in exclusives, marks own console as king, forgets PC is the biggest platform here and is actually ahead of all.

LOL

It's like games don't exist, only a forum does with lot's of buttering up their own machine, i honestly don't see fanboys from other factions doing this or am i blind?

isn't this post just a front for doing the same thing you are descrying but from a pro-PC vantage instead of a pro-_consoleofchoice_ one? Seems like this is just a PC>>>consoles post masquerading as "people wouldn't think consoles were great if they played games [on PC]"

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#100 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

Nobody here actually plays games, we just shit on everything, post bullshots, nut hug on a brand and say everyone else's tastes are crap. It's what we do.

We are the greatest.