What is the biggest flop of this gen so far?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#151 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@oflow said:

@jg4xchamp: but according to cows the PS3 outsold the 360 as well so is that really accurate? The anomaly this gen isn't that the Xbox One isn't selling, it's that the PS4 is selling much higher than expected.

Even Sony didn't expect it to sell like it did.

It outsold it eventually though, the 360 was the market leader for so long in terms of where mainstream gaming was being done. Be it how well they handled XBLA stuff to how majority of third party made 360 their primary sku in a lot of ways. The thing is, Sony had their backs against the wall going into this gen given all the financial issues with that company.

Microsoft built a machine whose selling point would be being a tv tuner for your cable subscription? When we're moving into an era where Cable is on the down swing, and modern TV has to change because of Netflix, Hulu, Apple Store, and Amazon Prime? It's like what in the **** where they on when they designed the Xbox One? There are a lot of baffling decisions with the X1 that you knew they shouldn't have been making, and the part where they were unaware of how much Kinect wouldn't matter in the long run is also baffling.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#152  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@frank_castle said:
@quadknight said:

>FlopClub

>The Bore 1886

>PSNow / PSTV

> All of thy above.

Pick anyone of these options and you'd be correct.

This

I fixed it for you.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:

Tell me again how you're not a cow. How did the X1 flop? It may not have sold as much or as fast as the PS4 but it has just as good as games as any console. Your bias is showing

It has more than 100 games missing and not a single exclusive with 90 on meta hell even semi exclusive like Halo MCC or Titanfall.

@isturbo1984 said:

Can I ask how is the Xbox One and its superior exclusive lineup, 15m sales and its 50% increase over last generation box sales.... remotely considered a flop??

Or are you going to do what all cows do and just not answer me back?

Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa name 1 higher rated than Bloodborn.

15 million sales.? I hope you are not talking about the xbox one,because it doesn't have 15 million sold,unless you have a link proving it.

And 50% higher than last gen 360 sales.? I don't think so either as the 360 had like close to 12 million units on June 30 2007, 50% higher would imply 18 million units...

@nyadc said:
@lostrib said:

@nyadc: well people should read the rules before posting.

That's not the problem, people in this community use flop in the system wars connotative term to propagate that a game is actually a flop under the real definition and implications of the actual word.

It's idiocy, this whole thing is. So when someone like Tormentos or GrenadeLauncher say that a game is a flop, for example The Master Chief Collection they're using the System Wars definition to propagate that the game is actually a flop in reality, they mince the terminology to imply that a game is a failure or that it's bad and then fall back on the System Wars nonsense metagame as a scapegoat to perpetuate that it is.

Like I said, this shit is dumb and no one follows the 'rules'... It shouldn't even exist.

When i call halo a flop is because it flop here,which is totally irrelevant for me as i don't go by this site score alone,but that never the less is fun when those who go by this site alone and want other to go by that rule as well get the short end of the stick.

Sales wise compare to halo 4 MCC was a flop sales wise to,have you hear any number from MS.? The game charted 1 month at spot 10 and never charted again.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#154 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@jg4xchamp: except that's not what MS was actually trying to do with the initial announce of X1.

IMO their initial plan was to release a media center machine that was basically their version of Steam. It would not only sell games but music and movies too. It's not about cable being on the downswing, it's about integrating those apps into one experience which is obviously their stretch goal.

Now that all the other stuff with windows 10 has actually come to light, their initial plan made a lot of sense to me.

They were basically trying to force all digital sooner than later since it will eventually happen anyway. What they didn't plan on was the backlash from the console fanbase that are still heavy physical disc collectors and many of whom have crappy Internet, and all the tinfoil hat wearers complaining about always online Internet and the NSA watching them. They also didn't help their cause by instead of explaining the benefits of the plan with the long range goals, they basically told people to deal with it because of arrogance.

Then they wound up throwing the baby out with the bathwater by scrapping the best parts of the plan (the sharing plan that let you share your titles with up to 10 friends/family for free and the ability to trade online licenses) to appease the rabbling fanbase.

I have 300Mb internet and I use the media features on my X1 all the time. I can understand how people can give pushback to the kinect since they don't see the immediate benefit of it in games, but it works and I can only see it getting better once W10 and Cortana are integrated into the console. The only thing the kinect needs is an actual killer app to make people want it. As far as functionality goes it works great. I actually like having all my devices on one ecosystem and being able to go thru all my different media on one system.

I think the ultimate goal is that Xbox will just become a part of windows and by next gen the Xbox will be a branded media center PC like how the surface is a branded laptop.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I don't think The Order was a flop. It is what it is. People just expected something else.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#156 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@tormentos said:

When i call halo a flop is because it flop here,which is totally irrelevant for me as i don't go by this site score alone,but that never the less is fun when those who go by this site alone and want other to go by that rule as well get the short end of the stick.

Sales wise compare to halo 4 MCC was a flop sales wise to,have you hear any number from MS.? The game charted 1 month at spot 10 and never charted again.

Well you guys sure as hell don't imply things that way, also The Master Chief Collection is not a new Halo game, it's not intended to sell as well as one. However even with that said it has sold roughly 5 million units since it launched, that's no small feat.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Tell me again how you're not a cow. How did the X1 flop? It may not have sold as much or as fast as the PS4 but it has just as good as games as any console. Your bias is showing

It has more than 100 games missing and not a single exclusive with 90 on meta hell even semi exclusive like Halo MCC or Titanfall.

Shhhhh quiet El Tormented. Your opinion is worthless here.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#158 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

In no particular order:

• Evolve
  • The Order: 1886
  • Destiny
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

Wii U by far.

Any console that can't even hit Gamecube level sales is a huge flop in my eyes.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 isturbo1984
Member since 2015 • 660 Posts

@nyadc said:
@Dire_Weasel said:
@luismsl said:

@oflow: Hi. I'm not going to enter in any argument war in here but you should read the System Wars Survival Guide 2.0. Rangnarok is right about the definition of flop

Explaining Hype

Big (or small) upcoming releases typically have a "hype" level attached to them judged by hype threads, or sometimes (rarely) general consensus hype found in the forums. HYPE (noun) is a word used to describe the expected results. Example: The hype on Mass Effect for the Xbox 360 was AAA. Sometimes, games do not reach that quotient which then they are considered a FLOP (noun). This occurs when the score of a game does not meet the hype. Example: Mass Effect was hyped AAA yet reached only AA status. A game can be hyped in the following four ways:

Exactly! "Flop" here on SW just means "Scored much lower than predicted".

Halo: MCC was "hyped" 9, and scored a 6. It's a flop, along with many other games this generation like The Order: 1866 and Driveclub.

If a game's review score meets (or beats) it's predicted score it's not a flop.

Also, as far as I know, there are no rules for what makes an entire console a flop. I don't know if anything really qualifies for that definition besides true disasters like the Virtual Boy, N-Gage and the Ouya.

I think people are associating the meaning of 'flop' on System Wars with the actual definition and association of the word flop, another reason this metagame around here is stupid. It confuses people by trying to interject itself with and to contradict existing definitions.

"Didn't meet hype" or some type of single worded synonymous term would be fitting and actually make sense, "flop" however does not. Flop universally implies something is bad or failed, failing to meet hype is a very, very thin borderline of acceptability if at all. It's an extremely negative connotation and people even around here with the metagame in mind use it synonymously with its actual definition for its System Wars definition.

This shit is dumb...

shit is very dumb. i'm all up for community games, but forcing dumb rules as the norm, making everyone playing is rediculous. i've been all over the internet and on multiple gaming forums. this place is aartarded.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#162 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Crimson Dragon, Xbox One and maybe Ryse.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 isturbo1984
Member since 2015 • 660 Posts

@tormentos:

if i had a dime for every time you butted in obnoxiously whenever i quoted someone else... just to shit on the xbox brand because you are an idiot fanboy... i'd throw the fist full of dimes in your **** face.

shut the **** up for once.

btw, you still didnt answer the question. how is it a flop?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

@kingtito said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Dude if you are going into console flops the X1 is a bigger flop than the Wii U. Forgetting the casuals jumping on the inexpensive and different Wii.....Nintendo HAS been a secondary console for some time. It won't pass Sony in sales anytime soon and is struggling against the X1. But I can't say they are a flop. They are what they are now.

MS however had big plans for their console and had to back track on almost everyone. And they don't have much in the way of sales world wide compared to the competition. No one was expecting that. Nintendo not being a leader? Everyone expected that.

Was MS forced to change their product? Yes. That is fact. Is MS behind in sales? Yes. That is fact. Only a lem would bury their head in the sand and ignore reality.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#165 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

To me it's Destiny. So hyped and under delivered. Only xb1 fame I sold this gen.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@ni6htmare01 said:

Halo masterflop collection and the Xbox 1

/thread

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 kingtito

@LJS9502_basic said:
@kingtito said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Dude if you are going into console flops the X1 is a bigger flop than the Wii U. Forgetting the casuals jumping on the inexpensive and different Wii.....Nintendo HAS been a secondary console for some time. It won't pass Sony in sales anytime soon and is struggling against the X1. But I can't say they are a flop. They are what they are now.

MS however had big plans for their console and had to back track on almost everyone. And they don't have much in the way of sales world wide compared to the competition. No one was expecting that. Nintendo not being a leader? Everyone expected that.

Was MS forced to change their product? Yes. That is fact. Is MS behind in sales? Yes. That is fact. Only a lem would bury their head in the sand and ignore reality.

So was the PS3 a flop? They lagged behind the PS4 but were ahead of 360 sales at the same point. How is that a flop?

And the WiiU isn't? So the XOne is a flop because it's not selling as much as the PS4 YET out sold the WiiU even though it launched a year later but the WiiU isn't one? Do I have that right?

Only a cow would claim XOne is a flop because it hasn't sold as much as the PS4 yet has ALREADY surpassed the WiiU but it's the bigger flop.

Cow confirmed

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#168  Edited By trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

The Order 1886

Wonderful 101(dat kamiya hype.....I dont get it sometimes)

Xbox One

Sadly WiiU(I love the console, but I'm honest)

Mad Max(Hyped to no end)

Seriously!!! "Evolve"( I remember all the best of E3 awards lol)

Xbox and PS4 launch games

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178883 Posts

@kingtito said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@kingtito said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

So was the PS3 a flop? They lagged behind the PS4 but were ahead of 360 sales at the same point. How is that a flop?

And the WiiU isn't? So the XOne is a flop because it's not selling as much as the PS4 YET out sold the WiiU even though it launched a year later but the WiiU isn't one? Do I have that right?

Only a cow would claim XOne is a flop because it hasn't sold as much as the PS4 yet has ALREADY surpassed the WiiU but it's the bigger flop.

Cow confirmed

Once again....MS had to remove functions and bastardize their hope of being the entertainment hub. Period.

Name calling...how old are you?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 kingtito

@LJS9502_basic said:
@kingtito said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@kingtito said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Cow confirmed

Once again....MS had to remove functions and bastardize their hope of being the entertainment hub. Period.

Name calling...how old are you?

That's called adjusting to the market. The fact is it's not a flop. It might not be selling as good as the PS4 but that doesn't make it a flop and that DEFINITELY doesn't make it more of a flop that the WiiU.

Name calling? I'm calling you a cow and what was it you called me? A lem was it? So I'm name calling by saying you're a cow, in SWs, but you're not name calling by calling me a lem? Ummmm ok whatever, I call it like I see it. You defend the PS4 and Sony like no ones business and put down the XOne almost as much. Yeah, I'll call you a cow because, you know, if it looks like a cow, walks like a cow and sounds like a cow, it must be a cow.

BTW calling you a cow is not name calling. I'm describing what allegiance you have in SWs.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

@isturbo1984: Bye Felicia!

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 blackace

@tormentos said:
@cinematicgalore said:

MCC (6 on GS) scored better than The Corridor 1886 (5 on GS). lol, at least try to hide your bias cows.

MCC is better than The Corridor 1886. FACT!

But Halo is a proven series The order was not,so how can you fu** 4 games which average between all is 90% or better.?

Ask MS...hahahahaaaa

The Order and DriveClub not only flopped here on GS, but also on Metacritic. Both did worse then Halo: MCC on both sites. lol!! Keep that damage control and those salty tears to a minimum. Halo: MCC has a nice 85 score on Metacritic. I wouldn't call that a flop. The Order has a nice 63 score on MC. LMAO!! FlopClub a 71. Anyone thinking these games didn't flop worse then Halo: MCC needs their heads examined. Keep talking though. I like watching you make a fool of yourself.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

@blackace:

I think you and the original poster are a little slow in the head. So I'll try to explain it better.

Halo is the Xbox's biggest, most popular, most important etc. franchise of ALL TIME.

The Order is a new IP that was only hyped a 7 at most to begin with.

Just because The Master Flop Colletion scored 1 point higher than The Order (6.0 versus 5.0) , does not mean it wasn't a much bigger flop.

Halo is put on a much higher pedestal and is much more popular, important, etc that The Order ever will be.

Now if it was a game like Uncharted 4 that got that 5.0 score, then you'd have an argument.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Evolve

Pretty much a good example of what this industry has become at times: Good ideas ruined by terrible money-grubbing practices.

i agree with this and i will also add destiny

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@makemefamous07 said:

Destiny/ The Order/ Infamous/ Borezone shadowballs/ Knack/Infamous/ Sonys PSN Plus online services. The PS4 overall is the biggest letdown of this gen with indies/ walking simulators/ Movies & BAD games like knack/ infamous/ Borezone. Never seen a console as bad as this.

So yeah ps4 wins this one for biggest flop since launch.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@nyadc said:

They are technically recreations, not re-imagined iterations which would classify them as a remake. Also what in the hell are you talking about? I've said since day one that they are not remasters, a remaster is in line with refining and bettering existing content, not recreating the content entirely.

Either way, they put in a hell of a lot more effort into whatever you want to call them than Sony, that is undeniable.

There's no such thing as a "recreation," lemming. There are remasters and there are remakes.

Typical lemming moving the goalposts to try and give MS a sorely-needed win.

You still haven't addressed the debacle that was the State of Decay "remaster."

Xisiuizado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Xisiuizado
Member since 2014 • 592 Posts

Deer God. It's so bad that, even as free with Live, I still want a refund.
(Nice music though.)

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#179 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

I would say destiny, but alot of people still play it for some strange reason. So then id say evolve. It had so much hype, all ruined by an awful dlc structure and the fact that they lost players at a faster rate than titanfall.

Honourable mentions go to ac unity, even if wasnt released broken it was still a step back for what was supposed to be the first "next gen" ac game. And driveclub, which could have been the best racing sim ever but no one would have cared after all the delays and launch day problems.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#180 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

I know the answer is half of Sonys exclusives (Knack, Killzone, 5Club, The Order etc) and some of MSs (MCC).

But for me it's Arkham Knight.

I wanted it to be so awesome, like the others. It's the ONLY current gen game I've been looking forward to for the last 2 or so years. What a let down. The amount of compromises made for that stupid Batmobile. The messed up combat system. Spoiling their own awesome story with heavy hinting. Horrible boss battles. No atmosphere.

As far as I'm concerned, Warner Bros Montreal >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rocksteady. Because Arkham Origins beats the shit out of this.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@GrenadeLauncher said:
@nyadc said:

They are technically recreations, not re-imagined iterations which would classify them as a remake. Also what in the hell are you talking about? I've said since day one that they are not remasters, a remaster is in line with refining and bettering existing content, not recreating the content entirely.

Either way, they put in a hell of a lot more effort into whatever you want to call them than Sony, that is undeniable.

There's no such thing as a "recreation," lemming. There are remasters and there are remakes.

Cows talking about moving goal posts, while they're heavy into indie games, console exclusives and paying for online this gen. HAHA

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#182 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

we get it already, you hate sony.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By NyaDC

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@nyadc said:

Of course there is, a remake would be classified as the game is rebuilt from the ground up from a non-existent foundation, in other words not built off of existing game data, it's new. A recreation would be classified as recreating the game based upon what is already there, a graphics/audio engine overhaul on top of existing mechanical and geometric code. A remaster would be classified as touching up existing content, making adjustments, unpacking textures, making performance enhancements, cleaning up the image, cleaning up the audio etc.

No one is "moving the goalposts" you mindless bovine...

P.S. State of Decay got slammed because it is essentially just the PC version of the game with some porting bugs, it only dropped 6 points on metacritic which out of 100 is quite inconsequential.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#184  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@cinematicgalore said:

The Order 1886, hyped to the heavens to only get a measely 5 and exclusively on the PS4. The home of interactive movies. lol

How The Order hyped th the heavens when Hype was a 7 ? Lol

None can beat Destiny , the most overhyped trash this generation supposed to be an AAA , ended up being A ! Thats what i call a flop , not The order

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 GrenadeLauncher

@nyadc said:

Of course there is, a remake would be classified as the game is rebuilt from the ground up from a non-existent foundation, in other words not built off of existing game data, it's new. A recreation would be classified as recreating the game based upon what is already there, a graphics/audio engine overhaul on top of existing mechanical and geometric code. A remaster would be classified as touching up existing content, making adjustments, unpacking textures, making performance enhancements, cleaning up the image, cleaning up the audio etc.

So it's a lazy remake then. Got it.

No wonder they squeezed it out in ten months.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 NyaDC

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@nyadc said:

Which game are you speaking of?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:

Shhhhh quiet El Tormented. Your opinion is worthless here.

No your is since you claim it has just as good games when it lack more than 100 and no exclusive or even semi exclusive with a 90 score.

But i guess your opinion worth more than most reviewers out there...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

@nyadc said:

Well you guys sure as hell don't imply things that way, also The Master Chief Collection is not a new Halo game, it's not intended to sell as well as one. However even with that said it has sold roughly 5 million units since it launched, that's no small feat.

It doesn't matter if it is not a new game,it was a Halo collections with better visuals and considering the xbox one had nothing it should have soar but it did not..

It hasn't sold 5 million units bro i already debunked that notion dude,it was fake article by an xbox site i reported those same news from this own site and in no place 5million was imply and all the contrary the article claim no Halo MCC sales were divulged hahaha...

You know they did bad when they won't even talk about the sales of the collection,oh and that without saying that many of those sold were actually free bundle as well,since the game was bundle since November 2014.

@makemefamous07 said:

Destiny/ The Order/ Infamous/ Borezone shadowballs/ Knack/Infamous/ Sonys PSN Plus online services. The PS4 overall is the biggest letdown of this gen with indies/ walking simulators/ Movies & BAD games like knack/ infamous/ Borezone. Never seen a console as bad as this.

So yeah ps4 wins this one for biggest flop since launch.

First of all who hyped Knack here.? Second Infamous didn't flop here it score 8 and was hyped 8.

Forza Horizon 2 flopped here.

Halo MCC flopped here (biggest flop of the generation and probably beyond.)

Gears of war flopped here...

Get your fact right..

Yeah maybe that is why the PS4 is smoking the xbox one sales wise..hahahahaa

@isturbo1984 said:

shit is very dumb. i'm all up for community games, but forcing dumb rules as the norm, making everyone playing is rediculous. i've been all over the internet and on multiple gaming forums. this place is aartarded.

No one force you to be here pack and move on,remember we can't start missing you until you're gone...

@isturbo1984 said:

@tormentos:

if i had a dime for every time you butted in obnoxiously whenever i quoted someone else... just to shit on the xbox brand because you are an idiot fanboy... i'd throw the fist full of dimes in your **** face.

shut the **** up for once.

btw, you still didnt answer the question. how is it a flop?

Nice meltdown..

In fact you asked him how it wasn't a flop based on lies.

You claim the xbox one has superior exclusives. False.

You claim it sold 15 million. False.

You claim 50% higher sales than last gen xbox sales. False.

So again prove the xbox one sold 15 million units,and 50% higher sales than the 360 at this sames time..

Ill wait..

@kingtito said:

Cow confirmed

Yes it was even more compare to it's 156 million sold predecessor.

The xbox 360 look like such as success because the original one sold so abysmally,compare to the PS2 is not even close.

The wii U is even a bigger flop,at least the PS3 putout a fight even with it's horrible price, the wii u is one of the biggest flops ever.

Selling a little better than shit isn't all that great,so beating the wii u is not some incredible achievement the PS4 beat it in like 5 or 6 months.

@blackace said:

The Order and DriveClub not only flopped here on GS, but also on Metacritic. Both did worse then Halo: MCC on both sites. lol!! Keep that damage control and those salty tears to a minimum. Halo: MCC has a nice 85 score on Metacritic. I wouldn't call that a flop. The Order has a nice 63 score on MC. LMAO!! FlopClub a 71. Anyone thinking these games didn't flop worse then Halo: MCC needs their heads examined. Keep talking though. I like watching you make a fool of yourself.

Wait since when games flop on meta.? Do they play the same game we do here.? Oh no wait is your bias ass opinion and stupid arguments.

So you are admitting this ^^ flopped outside here.?

How about Ryse? Killer Instinct,dead rising.?Crimson Dragon did any of those even hit 80.?

When you prove to me that the order and driveclub had been hype even close to Halo here and that they have been 90 series before the flops on PS4 then you will have a point.

Halo MCC flop = biggest flop this gen...hahahhaaa

Hell it flopped outside here to unless you want to believe that 85% is good enough for Halo now...hahahahaa

Last Bungie's Halo scored 91,Halo 4 87 which mean the series keep going down,now look MCC 85..lol

I remember a time where you people flamed games like Resistance for not been 90's like Gears when Resistance has 86% and resistance 2 87%...hahahahaa

@SonySoldier-_- said:

@blackace:

I think you and the original poster are a little slow in the head. So I'll try to explain it better.

Halo is the Xbox's biggest, most popular, most important etc. franchise of ALL TIME.

Just because The Master Flop Colletion scored 1 point higher than The Order (6.0 versus 5.0) , does not mean it wasn't a much bigger flop.

Halo is put on a much higher pedestal and is much more popular, important, etc that The Order ever will be.

Now if it was a game like Uncharted 4 that got that 5.0 score, then you'd have an argument.

Hahahaaha spot one man,now he will make 30 excuses or disappear...hahaha

Fact is like you say Halo is Halo it is the flag game of the xbox brand and scored 6,hell even Killzone SF scored 7 here..hahahaa

@HalcyonScarlet said:

Cows talking about moving goal posts, while they're heavy into indie games, console exclusives and paying for online this gen. HAHA

There were indies on PS3,there were console exclusive on PS3,and paying for online play is a rip off.

Idies existed on PS3 since the PS3 early days,much better you could share them with up to 5 frames thing you could not do on your sad 360,the problem with console exclusive is that the terms is made up,there is no such thing as console exclusive a game is either exclusive or it is not,it is a coin up term invented by lemmings to use games that were also on PC as xbox exclusive.

Funny enough it is you people who downplay indies now,hell you people are so obsess that you gap even games that aren't indies as indies,indie is any game made by an independent studio,that also mean games like Quantum break since Remedy is an independent developer.

And paying for online play is a rip off no matter who does it,and it is indeed the fault of lemming without a backbone who payed for that shit for years,even on a console were most of the work was done by your console and your connection P2P.

If you would have riot for live like many did for DRM and no used games now we would be playing online free like on PC.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#188  Edited By Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

@blackace said:
@frank_castle said:
@quadknight said:

>FlopClub

>The Bore 1886

>PSNow / PSTV

> All of thy above.

Pick anyone of these options and you'd be correct.

This

I fixed it for you.

Who really hyped any of that shit besides a handful of Sony fanboys on this site?

Avatar image for deactivated-58bd60b980002
deactivated-58bd60b980002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#189  Edited By deactivated-58bd60b980002
Member since 2004 • 2016 Posts

Hum, Halo MCC, Evolve, Destiny, Watchdog, The Order 1866 and Ryse: Son of Rome

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@nyadc said:

You can say Sony is doing the same thing with the Uncharted Collection also, you can call that a lazy remake as well. Let's not forget Uncharted 4 was suppose to be released this holiday but got delayed. Sony never mentioned anything about an Uncharted Collection before then and we all know they wouldn't release that a month before Uncharted 4. So pretty much Sony had to rush something Uncharted out this holiday and BAM you have the Uncharted Collection with no multiplayer cause we all know to get a multiplayer right that takes time. They pretty saw what happen with Halo MCC and seen how that backfired with the multiplayer and decided against putting it into the collection.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 deactivated-58bd60b980002

@BigShotSmoov007: Then remember Final Fantasy XIII ??? The game sold very very very well but it was considered as a flop from the gaming community because it was boring, and Square considered it a flop too because they didn't make enough money to cover all the huge expenses they did to make FF13. So even though the game sold like hotcake it is a flop.

The thing is you can't even judge the success of a game by its sales because a lot of people rush blindly buy a game because of its name just to discover it is shit. Which was the case of Halo:MCC as it was supposed to be the second coming of Jesus on X1 and it came out broken but it was too late, they all bought the game, they didn't wait for any review that all said how it was broken. M$ said it was a success because it sold very well but everyone was disapointed by the product and it took several months before it was "ok"

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#192  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Its between Ryse, The Order, Destiny or MCC

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@Coco_pierrot said:

@BigShotSmoov007: Then remember Final Fantasy XIII ??? The game sold very very very well but it was considered as a flop from the gaming community because it was boring, and Square considered it a flop too because they didn't make enough money to cover all the huge expenses they did to make FF13. So even though the game sold like hotcake it is a flop.

The thing is you can't even judge the success of a game by its sales because a lot of people rush blindly buy a game because of its name just to discover it is shit. Which was the case of Halo:MCC as it was supposed to be the second coming of Jesus on X1 and it came out broken but it was too late, they all bought the game, they didn't wait for any review that all said how it was broken. M$ said it was a success because it sold very well but everyone was disapointed by the product and it took several months before it was "ok"

You can't judge the success of a game by it's sales? Really? In what world? The PS4 has sold about what 25 million units now so can someone consider that a flop? Some people bought it and don't like it for whatever reason as well. Everything is judge by it's sales so that comment makes no sense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 deactivated-58bd60b980002

@BigShotSmoov007: Even though the PS4 outsell the competition in part because Microsoft hit a wall pretty hard, people who bought it are disapoited by the lack of any real good game. PS4 slogan is :"Greatness awaits" and many people who blindly bought the PS4 are still waiting for that greatness when almost every game thus far disapointed the fans.

So far only Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 lived up to the hype.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 GrenadeLauncher

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

You can say Sony is doing the same thing with the Uncharted Collection also, you can call that a lazy remake as well. Let's not forget Uncharted 4 was suppose to be released this holiday but got delayed. Sony never mentioned anything about an Uncharted Collection before then and we all know they wouldn't release that a month before Uncharted 4. So pretty much Sony had to rush something Uncharted out this holiday and BAM you have the Uncharted Collection with no multiplayer cause we all know to get a multiplayer right that takes time. They pretty saw what happen with Halo MCC and seen how that backfired with the multiplayer and decided against putting it into the collection.

No you couldn't because UCC is clearly a remaster and not a remake.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@cinematicgalore:

Games that still sold well but fucked up their hype: destiny, driveclub, watchdogs, titanfall, mcc, evolve, assassins creed unity, the order 1886.....

Game that was actually good but probably sold the least amount of copies this gen: Sunset Overdrive, total commercial flop

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@tormentos said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:

There were indies on PS3,there were console exclusive on PS3,and paying for online play is a rip off.

Idies existed on PS3 since the PS3 early days,much better you could share them with up to 5 frames thing you could not do on your sad 360,the problem with console exclusive is that the terms is made up,there is no such thing as console exclusive a game is either exclusive or it is not,it is a coin up term invented by lemmings to use games that were also on PC as xbox exclusive.

Funny enough it is you people who downplay indies now,hell you people are so obsess that you gap even games that aren't indies as indies,indie is any game made by an independent studio,that also mean games like Quantum break since Remedy is an independent developer.

And paying for online play is a rip off no matter who does it,and it is indeed the fault of lemming without a backbone who payed for that shit for years,even on a console were most of the work was done by your console and your connection P2P.

If you would have riot for live like many did for DRM and no used games now we would be playing online free like on PC.

Yes and at different times both sides dismissed indies when it was convenient.

Don't give a **** about Indies and how you share them.

Yes lemmings "coined" the phrase, but the cows again conveniently continue it with the console exclusives and often lovingly refer to your Playstation Family nonsense, while being quick to point out X1/360 games. What's nice about the PC, is while you guys are fighting over that nonsense, we just get most them anyway.

The truth is, the only reason you want to count that nonsense now, is because otherwise it would look like console have very few games.

"Fault of the lemmings", how amusing it is when console fanboys refuse to take responsibility. MS started many practices which has led to consoles ruin. Now it's all DLC and multiplats and paid online. But what what about Playstation and their fans. Where Is their spine? No one told Sony to adopt MSs business model and no one told you cows to bend over and take it, did they. Where were you cows when Sony said you would pay for online at their PS4 reveal E3? No where, you just accepted it. Shocking as that was considering how much noise cows made about Xbox Live in the past.

And by the way, on the one hand you can make fun of P2P. But on the other hand, you have Sony shutting down servers left and right. Lets go and ask the 10 million Gran Turismo 5 owners how fucking funny it is.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 blackace
@SonySoldier-_- said:

@blackace:

Maybe you didn't understand that it score an 85 on Metacritics which is about 1 billions times more important then what GS scores anything. Remember GS scores TLOU an 8 and cows freaked out. lol!! GS is in the minority when it comes to scoring Halo: MCC. The Bore-der 1886 was hyped to be greater then Halo: MCC and every other XB1 exclusives by fanboys. It not only flopped here on GS, but also on Metacritic where Halo: MCC didn't flop. Sure Halo flopped here, but so did TLOU, FlopClub, Flopzone, Knack and the Bore-der 1886.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61544 Posts
  1. The Order 1886
  2. MCC
  3. Destiny
isturbo1984