What is the biggest flop of this gen so far?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

That's a lot of MCC...but they're not wrong

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56361 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

The Order 1886. Was hyped to death after its initial reveal and yet it was under hyped to prevent it from being a flop, but it still flopped. when it was revealed that the game is only 4-5 hours long and has a lot of lengthy cutscenes as well, some people were trying to justify it by posting comments like "When I heard this game is only 4 hours long, it made me extremely happy because I'm a man with kids who doesn't have enough time bla bla bla". Lol, it was glorious.

Yep. When the first youtuber posted that it was only 4 hours long, the internet exploded with anger, Ready at Dawn really defended that game and it baffles me that they could've come clean when they know they screw up big time. If you look at the reviews and also from Angry Joe, The Order: 1886 didn't live up to the promise when release. Even I was looking forward to buying it cause of the settings but after the meltdown, I rented that game at Redbox and was disappointed how this game turn out.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18259 Posts

MCC without a doubt, how can someone ruined what it should have one of the finest experiences this gen, instead they gave us a half finished port that wasn't decent until months after release.

5Club is a runner up.

The Order wasn't that hyped once everyone realized how boring it was going to be, so the score was expected.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

MCC for sure.

In one fatal swoop 343 flopped entire Halo 1-4 series.

Now Killzone is king of console FPS.

7>6

#SDC

Thank you Sony.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

It has to be MMC , only die hard fans care for the SP , so all the rest got shafted really hard.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts

MCC Collection....way too hyped.

Titanfall.....way too hyped.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts

@cinematicgalore said:

The Order 1886, hyped to the heavens to only get a measely 5 and exclusively on the PS4. The home of interactive movies. lol

Um... im pretty sure most people werent expecting The Order to be good.

I remember most people saying it was a 7 or less. I predicted a 6 or a 5.

Ever since the first delay and the lack of media of the game, people were not feeling the game anymore.

The game looked like a flop from the first gameplay reveal.

Destiny and Watch Dogs were way bigger flops, those games actually had real hype and anticipations.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#58 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@cinematicgalore said:

Every single campaign in the MCC is better than The Corridor 1886. Try harder cows.

When you'd rather play through The Library on Legendary than The Order 1886, you know something is wrong.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

What is the biggest flop of this gen so far?

Oh man, this is going to be hard, there are so many great contenders for the title.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

There were a few,but I think the biggest is destiny. Only cause the massive hype it had especially with those behind the game.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

lol saying MCC because of early connection issues.

The Order would be my vote.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

Exclusvies: Halo: Master Chief Colletion

Multiplats: Destiny

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

I'd have to go with The Order, so much hype behind that game and it failed to live up too it. Don't know how Halo MCC getting votes for a flop of "This gen" when it's just a remastered of 4 old Halo games though. When they were first released none of the games were flops.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

I like Destiny, I heard everyone trashing it and then when I got it for free I found myself enjoying it a lot. Jetpacks, cool melee, cool loading screens, cool skyboxes, hardly any down time or waiting, silky smooth gameplay and I found the story very intriguing. It utilized esoteric knowledge and occult secrets to tell the story of the fallen and what not.

Sure it's no Halo or Half Life but it's not that bad.

The worst flop has to be watch dogs, Destiny is a masterpiece in comparison.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

I'd have to go with The Order, so much hype behind that game and it failed to live up too it. Don't know how Halo MCC getting votes for a flop of "This gen" when it's just a remastered of 4 old Halo games though. When they were first released none of the games were flops.

Probably because the MCC was launched this gen...

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#66  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Watchdogs easily. Game is incredibly terrible. AC Unity could also get a nod.

Cows saying Xbox One are trying too hard. I see lots of people on these forums that have both consoles saying they prefer Xbox One for one simple reason: better games. More doesn't necessarily mean better, thats the part cows can't get thru their heads. But when in doubt blame Xbox, that's the cow mantra.

Also MCC wasn't as broken as cows like to make it seem and it was pretty much fixed back in January. I never had issues with the campaigns at all. You want to talk broken game talk DriveClub.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#67  Edited By Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

I'd say Destiny and Titanfall.

I'm not basing this on "lol didn't get a 9 T_HBO" bullshit, but actually hype a failure to live up to it. Both those games were hyped out the wazoo as being the next best things and the early defining games of this gen.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Ragnarok1051

@oflow said:

Watchdogs easily. Game is incredibly terrible. AC Unity could also get a nod.

Cows saying Xbox One are trying too hard. I see lots of people on these forums that have both consoles saying they prefer Xbox One for one simple reason: better games. More doesn't necessarily mean better, thats the part cows can't get thru their heads. But when in doubt blame Xbox, that's the cow mantra.

Also MCC wasn't as broken as cows like to make it seem and it was pretty much fixed back in January. I never had issues with the campaigns at all. You want to talk broken game talk DriveClub.

DC. I think 1, maybe 2 mentioned the Xbox but you're making a federal case out of it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

But it's remasters of 4 old gen games. Was Halo 1 a flop, or 2 or 3? I get the online component of the game was a fail but was those games by themselves a flop?

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Ragnarok1051

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

But it's remasters of 4 old gen games. Was Halo 1 a flop, or 2 or 3? I get the online component of the game was a fail but was those games by themselves a flop?

And yet it still launched broken...in this gen.

guard12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#71 guard12
Member since 2004 • 2018 Posts

Either Watch Dogs or Destiny for me personally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

It was a collection of games from 3 generations of a system. The single player worked fine, the online was broken but to say the game was a flop this gen is ridiculous cause the games on their own were the complete opposite of a flop.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#73 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Overall: WiiU

Most ppl thought it was an add on for the Wii. I even thought that for a while. No 3rd party support or at least not nearly enough to warrant a purchase.

GAME WISE:

Destiny.

Not in terms of fun or gameplay....but in terms of the chance they had to create something long lasting and full of content.....and they just didn't do that.

Fun to play.....void of content.

Yup. Lems will say PS4, The Order; Cows will say X1, MCC; but when WiiU had a year head start and even the X1 passed it by, and Nintendo themselves stated the are a great secondary console, its fair to say its a flop. Now people will say "the one real game company, it has most exclusives". Big fucking deal. When a movie bombs its because its a financial failure. This console is a financial failure, the manufacturer admits to it themselves. And actual games are subjective anyway.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@cainetao11 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Most ppl thought it was an add on for the Wii. I even thought that for a while. No 3rd party support or at least not nearly enough to warrant a purchase.

GAME WISE:

Destiny.

Not in terms of fun or gameplay....but in terms of the chance they had to create something long lasting and full of content.....and they just didn't do that.

Yup. Lems will say PS4, The Order; Cows will say X1, MCC; but when WiiU had a year head start and even the X1 passed it by, and Nintendo themselves stated the are a great secondary console, its fair to say its a flop. Now people will say "the one real game company, it has most exclusives". Big fucking deal. When a movie bombs its because its a financial failure. This console is a financial failure, the manufacturer admits to it themselves. And actual games are subjective anyway.

Very good point, I never thought about it consoles wise, I was just thinking on a game lever but definitely the Wii U as the biggest flop this gen, period.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Ragnarok1051

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

It was a collection of games from 3 generations of a system. The single player worked fine, the online was broken but to say the game was a flop this gen is ridiculous cause the games on their own were the complete opposite of a flop.

It is a current gen collection. It was launched this gen. It is a flop this gen.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 LJS9502_basic

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

The Collection was not released in prior gens. It's a game from THIS gen. Period!!

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

The Corridor 18FPS

FiveClub

Clownzone

Knack

Take your pick LOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@LJS9502_basic said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
…

The Collection was not released in prior gens. It's a game from THIS gen. Period!!

Halo 1 released on the Xbox, Halo 2-4 released on the Xbox 360 and they were remade on the Xbox One, that's a collection of games on 3 different platforms which is 3 generation of a console so what are you talking about?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@cainetao11 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

GAME WISE:

Destiny.

Dude if you are going into console flops the X1 is a bigger flop than the Wii U. Forgetting the casuals jumping on the inexpensive and different Wii.....Nintendo HAS been a secondary console for some time. It won't pass Sony in sales anytime soon and is struggling against the X1. But I can't say they are a flop. They are what they are now.

MS however had big plans for their console and had to back track on almost everyone. And they don't have much in the way of sales world wide compared to the competition. No one was expecting that. Nintendo not being a leader? Everyone expected that.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ragnarok1051

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
…

Halo 1 released on the Xbox, Halo 2-4 released on the Xbox 360 and they were remade on the Xbox One, that's a collection of games on 3 different platforms which is 3 generation of a console so what are you talking about?

Were all 4 of these games available to purchase as one collection before now? No......

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

So since MCC is the biggest flop of gen are we worried about Halo 5???

Let's hope for the best guys.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#82 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

MCC. It should have been a 10 but nope. You fucked it up MS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
…

Were all 4 of these games available to purchase as one collection before now? No......

That's why I said it's a collection of 3 generations of games. From the Xbox to Xbox One.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#84  Edited By KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

Aside from the graphics idk who hyped The Order 1886. Game looked like a flop to me first time i saw gameplay. I hype Bloodborne though :) beast

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Ragnarok1051

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
…

That's why I said it's a collection of 3 generations of games. From the Xbox to Xbox One.

So therefor seeing as how you can buy them all for one system in one collection that was made possible by this current generation. It is a current gen release.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By oflow

@Ragnarok1051: not really I was pre-empting the avalanche of Sony trolls that will be screaming MCC trying to make everyone forget about The Order or DriveClub.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 oflow

@KillzoneSnake: um yeah...how about every Sony fan on this forum?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 LJS9502_basic

@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:

So therefor seeing as how you can buy them all for one system in one collection that was made possible by this current generation. It is a current gen release.

Sorry pal. The collection did not exist until this gen and IS a viable answer to this question. No matter how much it makes you tear up.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Ragnarok1051

@oflow said:

@Ragnarok1051: not really I was pre-empting the avalanche of Sony trolls that will be screaming MCC trying to make everyone forget about The Order or DriveClub.

I think you'll see that MCC is doing just fine without cow crying.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Ragnarok1051

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:

Sorry pal. The collection did not exist until this gen and IS a viable answer to this question. No matter how much it makes you tear up.

Going to assume that was aimed at him and not me lol.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By oflow

@Ragnarok1051: almost everyone that said MCC is a known cow. Also the MCC actually has pretty good sales especially considering it's a remaster. Pretty sure it's sold over 3 million.

A flop would be Until Dawn that hasn't sold 500k.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 NyaDC
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@BigShotSmoov007:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
…

Trying to form an argument against Halo and proceeding to say Halo 2 was an Xbox 360 game lol...

We're you born in the 2000's or something...

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

Destiny... that game was hyped for multiple years/ E3s... then ultimately delivered as an early access game.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Ragnarok1051

@oflow said:

@Ragnarok1051: almost everyone that said MCC is a known cow. Also the MCC actually has pretty good sales especially considering it's a remaster. Pretty sure it's sold over 3 million.

We're not talking commercial flop here.

360ru13r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#95 360ru13r
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts

DESTINY

I know some people find it fun but there was just too much missing from the game to be that good. The story is all over the place thanks to a lack of information about who or what you are fighting and trying to save. The leveling system after level 20 is just bad for a game that sporadically drops loots that you need. The missions and classes were meh at best. There are some good ideas in this game just none of them were ever really flushed out.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By NyaDC

@Ragnarok1051 said:
@oflow said:

Yes, a system wars flop, the most unrelated to reality metric on earth.

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

some people don't understand what a flop is on here

hype vs. score

honestly I enjoy single player in MCC but a 6 for a Halo game is the answer here. Most of the other games mentioned were maybe one point off what people thought they would score

Avatar image for deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
deactivated-5d68555a05c4b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By deactivated-5d68555a05c4b
Member since 2015 • 1024 Posts

Probably The Order

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#99  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19679 Posts

Devil's Third is a bigger flop than The Order: 1886, at least in the UK. The Order at least debuted at the top of the UK charts, whereas Devil's Third failed to even crack the UK top 40.

But then again, The Order had a considerably higher budget than Devil's Third, so it's possible The Order may have been a bigger commercial failure when taking the budgets into account.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Ragnarok1051

@nyadc said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
@oflow said:

Yes, a system wars flop, the most unrelated to reality metric on earth.

The term flop means one thing in system wars. If you want to talk real world issues then you need to define that from the start.