What is the biggest flop of this gen so far?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dino7c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 dino7c
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts

@oflow said:

@Ragnarok1051: almost everyone that said MCC is a known cow. Also the MCC actually has pretty good sales especially considering it's a remaster. Pretty sure it's sold over 3 million.

A flop would be Until Dawn that hasn't sold 500k.

Its all about sales...unless it comes to console sales lol

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#102 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@Ragnarok1051: so now you're cherry picking the definition of flop? okay. I didn't see parameters set by the TC defining what a 'flop' is.

Using your logic, then the Xbox One isn't a flop because it's being outsold by PS4. sales seems to be what most measure flop by.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

@oflow said:

@Ragnarok1051: so now you're cherry picking the definition of flop? okay. I didn't see parameters set by the TC defining what a 'flop' is.

Using your logic, then the Xbox One isn't a flop because it's being outsold by PS4. sales seems to be what most measure flop by.

You have no idea what a flop is in system wars. There is only one meaning for flop here. If a game is hyped to be a certain score and fails to reach said hyped score than it is a flop. There is no disputing that.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

The Order, 5club, WatchDogs and Destiny are my votes.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#105 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

The entire 8th gen weak assed cash in, let's get more of those re-masters coming out for full price.

I've owned at least one console from every generation up until this one, where they are so unappealing that there is not even the slightest temptation for me to buy one at the moment. Maybe next year but I'll not guarantee that.

dz8t2t

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 dz8t2t
Member since 2004 • 318 Posts

@cinematicgalore said:

The Order 1886

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 oflow

@Ragnarok1051: show me the definition in the FAQ maybe? Save your logical fallacies for someone else lol

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

The entire 8th gen weak assed cash in, let's get more of those re-masters coming out for full price.

I've owned at least one console from every generation up until this one, where they are so unappealing that there is not even the slightest temptation for me to buy one at the moment. Maybe next year but I'll not guarantee that.

Seriously.. Sony has half-assed so many remasters this gen, it's crazy.

and cows just deep throat it like nothing.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Ragnarok1051

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@GarGx1 said:

Which remasters? Not arguing that there haven't been half-assed ones but just wondering why Sony is the only one mentioned.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#110 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

Xbox One

luismsl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#111 luismsl
Member since 2006 • 85 Posts

@oflow: Hi. I'm not going to enter in any argument war in here but you should read the System Wars Survival Guide 2.0. Rangnarok is right about the definition of flop

Explaining Hype

Big (or small) upcoming releases typically have a "hype" level attached to them judged by hype threads, or sometimes (rarely) general consensus hype found in the forums. HYPE (noun) is a word used to describe the expected results. Example: The hype on Mass Effect for the Xbox 360 was AAA. Sometimes, games do not reach that quotient which then they are considered a FLOP (noun). This occurs when the score of a game does not meet the hype. Example: Mass Effect was hyped AAA yet reached only AA status. A game can be hyped in the following four ways:

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 oflow

@luismsl: considering 'hype' isn't a measurable metric and how good a game is is subjective to the person judging it, then there's no real point to this then. Like I said, apparently the criteria changes when you talk about Xbox, since almost every comparison is usually reduced down to how many more units the PS4 has sold by Sony fans. But whatever. I'm used to the changing goal posts around here. You talk score people switch to sales. you talk sales people switch to score.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:

Were all 4 of these games available to purchase as one collection before now? No......

That's why I said it's a collection of 3 generations of games. From the Xbox to Xbox One.

So therefor seeing as how you can buy them all for one system in one collection that was made possible by this current generation. It is a current gen release.

Sorry pal. The collection did not exist until this gen and IS a viable answer to this question. No matter how much it makes you tear up.

Doesn't make me tear up at all, not that serious to me to shed tears over anything in this forum. Just dumb to say a remaster of 4 triple A games that's sold millions and is pretty must one of the most known franchises to this day a flop when it still sold several millions anyways.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Ragnarok1051

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:

Were all 4 of these games available to purchase as one collection before now? No......

That's why I said it's a collection of 3 generations of games. From the Xbox to Xbox One.

So therefor seeing as how you can buy them all for one system in one collection that was made possible by this current generation. It is a current gen release.

Sorry pal. The collection did not exist until this gen and IS a viable answer to this question. No matter how much it makes you tear up.

Doesn't make me tear up at all, not that serious to me to shed tears over anything in this forum. Just dumb to say a remaster of 4 triple A games that's sold millions and is pretty must one of the most known franchises to this day a flop when it still sold several millions anyways.

Except we're not talking sales either

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@cainetao11 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Overall: WiiU

Most ppl thought it was an add on for the Wii. I even thought that for a while. No 3rd party support or at least not nearly enough to warrant a purchase.

GAME WISE:

Destiny.

Not in terms of fun or gameplay....but in terms of the chance they had to create something long lasting and full of content.....and they just didn't do that.

Fun to play.....void of content.

Yup. Lems will say PS4, The Order; Cows will say X1, MCC; but when WiiU had a year head start and even the X1 passed it by, and Nintendo themselves stated the are a great secondary console, its fair to say its a flop. Now people will say "the one real game company, it has most exclusives". Big fucking deal. When a movie bombs its because its a financial failure. This console is a financial failure, the manufacturer admits to it themselves. And actual games are subjective anyway.

Dude if you are going into console flops the X1 is a bigger flop than the Wii U. Forgetting the casuals jumping on the inexpensive and different Wii.....Nintendo HAS been a secondary console for some time. It won't pass Sony in sales anytime soon and is struggling against the X1. But I can't say they are a flop. They are what they are now.

MS however had big plans for their console and had to back track on almost everyone. And they don't have much in the way of sales world wide compared to the competition. No one was expecting that. Nintendo not being a leader? Everyone expected that.

Tell me again how you're not a cow. How did the X1 flop? It may not have sold as much or as fast as the PS4 but it has just as good as games as any console. Your bias is showing

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#116 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@Ragnarok1051 said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@GarGx1 said:

Which remasters? Not arguing that there haven't been half-assed ones but just wondering why Sony is the only one mentioned.

All of them so far, they've been nothing but resolution and framerate increases, whereas the Microsoft ones have been actual game recreations.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Ragnarok1051

@nyadc said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@GarGx1 said:

All of them so far, they've been nothing but resolution and framerate increases, whereas the Microsoft ones have been actual game recreations.

I would agree with you on that. Tearaway being the only exempt so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
…

So what are we talking about? What your opinion of a flop is, is that what we are talking about cause to you it make be a flop and that's you opinion but to someone elses opinion it may not be and it's pointless to debate someone's opinion. You want to debate actual fact flop then you go to sales and Halo MCC isn't a sales flop. It's a remastered of 4 games that people knew what to expect cause they've played the single player over and over again and the 1 issue was the multiplayer didn't work which is why I'm sure people consider it a flop but do you'll consider Batman on the PC a flop or what about GTA on the PC? What about Drive Club or Watch Dogs or Assassins Creed, are those flops as well? Those are real current gen games that was made specifically for this gen consoles and not remasters of games made for previous gen games first.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Ragnarok1051

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@Ragnarok1051 said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
…

So what are we talking about? What your opinion of a flop is, is that what we are talking about cause to you it make be a flop and that's you opinion but to someone elses opinion it may not be and it's pointless to debate someone's opinion. You want to debate actual fact flop then you go to sales and Halo MCC isn't a sales flop. It's a remastered of 4 games that people knew what to expect cause they've played the single player over and over again and the 1 issue was the multiplayer didn't work which is why I'm sure people consider it a flop but do you'll consider Batman on the PC a flop or what about GTA on the PC? What about Drive Club or Watch Dogs or Assassins Creed, are those flops as well? Those are real current gen games that was made specifically for this gen consoles and not remasters of games made for previous gen games first.

You know what a flop on system wars is so get over it. Yes they all were flops so what is your point?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Masterfully bad Chief Collection.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

State of Decay would like a word with you, lemming.

@nyadc said:

No, the only game "recreations" were H2A and Gears of War, so they are remakes. Not remasters.

Why is this concept so hard for lemmings to understand?

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

Watch Dogs, it had so much hype and it was just another sandbox with a couple twists and generic ubisoft idiocy.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

It has to be Destiny for me. A game hasn't bummed me out that much in a long time.

MCC was pretty disappointing as well. It got fixed eventually though, and the campaigns were still good.

The Order shouldn't have been a flop, but I guess it was. It was pretty clear awhile before that game released it was going to suck ass. People were just too blind to see it.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#124  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@cainetao11 said:
@mr_huggles_dog said:

Overall: WiiU

Most ppl thought it was an add on for the Wii. I even thought that for a while. No 3rd party support or at least not nearly enough to warrant a purchase.

GAME WISE:

Destiny.

Not in terms of fun or gameplay....but in terms of the chance they had to create something long lasting and full of content.....and they just didn't do that.

Fun to play.....void of content.

Yup. Lems will say PS4, The Order; Cows will say X1, MCC; but when WiiU had a year head start and even the X1 passed it by, and Nintendo themselves stated the are a great secondary console, its fair to say its a flop. Now people will say "the one real game company, it has most exclusives". Big fucking deal. When a movie bombs its because its a financial failure. This console is a financial failure, the manufacturer admits to it themselves. And actual games are subjective anyway.

Dude if you are going into console flops the X1 is a bigger flop than the Wii U. Forgetting the casuals jumping on the inexpensive and different Wii.....Nintendo HAS been a secondary console for some time. It won't pass Sony in sales anytime soon and is struggling against the X1. But I can't say they are a flop. They are what they are now.

MS however had big plans for their console and had to back track on almost everyone. And they don't have much in the way of sales world wide compared to the competition. No one was expecting that. Nintendo not being a leader? Everyone expected that.

I am so tired of the special qualifiers used to make the Xbox one worse than the WiiU. It's a flop. The leadership of the company wasn't happy with it at all. You cant say its a flop. Whoopdy doo. There are plenty of us that can see very clearly that Nintendo expected that they had caught the next big wave with tablets and second screen gaming and it bombed to the extant that the flop that MS made still sells more than it in less time.

You're seriously saying no one expected MS to pale in world wide sales numbers when their only Big markets have always been US, UK, and maybe Brazil last gen? What evidence was there that they would have massive world wide numbers this gen despite no history of those numbers? This lacks all logical thought and you wonder why people believe you are a cow or MS hater?

RoccoHout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 RoccoHout
Member since 2011 • 1086 Posts

Destiny, the marketing was more expensive than the actual game and hyped up the thing as the new next gen icon. Turned out to be an unfinished beta with a lot of content purposely taken out to sell it later with DLC.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By isturbo1984
Member since 2015 • 660 Posts

dp

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 isturbo1984

Thief. It looks SO good, but the game was just a disappointment.

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Disaster Chief Collection. Hyped beyond belief because of the Xbone's sparse 2014 lineup then fell flat on its face with multiple bugs in the SP and MP including almost nonfunctioning matchmaking at launch. Shameful.

This is not true at all. The game had a bad launch, but works perfectly now. MCC is one probably the best collection of games in the history of game collections, with complete and reworked games, including online, offline and co-op game modes... working multiplayer and Forge with each of the games on dedicated servers... 2 of the games are complete revamps... and a meld that integrates all of the games together with stats, merging your online and offline profiles from all the games and a complete Achievements screen, with meta-game achievements. No other collectin of games does this. None. Too many "cows" just say the same shit you just did, "but, but... the game had online problems at launch." yeah? so did Driveclub. both great games now.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By NyaDC

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@nyadc said:

No, the only game "recreations" were H2A and Gears of War, so they are remakes. Not remasters.

Why is this concept so hard for lemmings to understand?

They are technically recreations, not re-imagined iterations which would classify them as a remake. Also what in the hell are you talking about? I've said since day one that they are not remasters, a remaster is in line with refining and bettering existing content, not recreating the content entirely.

Either way, they put in a hell of a lot more effort into whatever you want to call them than Sony, that is undeniable.

isturbo1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 isturbo1984

@quadknight said:

>Xbone

>Halo MCC

>Both

Pick anyone of these options and you'd be correct.

Can I ask how is the Xbox One and its superior exclusive lineup, 15m sales and its 50% increase over last generation box sales.... remotely considered a flop??

Or are you going to do what all cows do and just not answer me back?

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 oflow

@isturbo1984: exactly. All the cows try to act like MCC was a broken game that you couldn't play. The campaigns in the game were never broken, co-op was never broken and everyone didn't have matchmaking issues. I'm not saying it didn't have issues that tarnished it's launch because it did.

But let the cows tell it the game wouldn't even launch and is still unplayable which isn't true at all. Most of the matchmaking issues actually got fixed in January, and the final fixes went thru in March since then it's pretty much had no problems.

The actual collection is something that hasn't been done before, all the games on one interface with added features. As an overall package the MCC is pretty impressive and worth owning if you are a Halo fan. It's far from a flop.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#131 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@luismsl said:

@oflow: Hi. I'm not going to enter in any argument war in here but you should read the System Wars Survival Guide 2.0. Rangnarok is right about the definition of flop

Explaining Hype

Big (or small) upcoming releases typically have a "hype" level attached to them judged by hype threads, or sometimes (rarely) general consensus hype found in the forums. HYPE (noun) is a word used to describe the expected results. Example: The hype on Mass Effect for the Xbox 360 was AAA. Sometimes, games do not reach that quotient which then they are considered a FLOP (noun). This occurs when the score of a game does not meet the hype. Example: Mass Effect was hyped AAA yet reached only AA status. A game can be hyped in the following four ways:

Exactly! "Flop" here on SW just means "Scored much lower than predicted".

Halo: MCC was "hyped" 9, and scored a 6. It's a flop, along with many other games this generation like The Order: 1866 and Driveclub.

If a game's review score meets (or beats) it's predicted score it's not a flop.

Also, as far as I know, there are no rules for what makes an entire console a flop. I don't know if anything really qualifies for that definition besides true disasters like the Virtual Boy, N-Gage and the Ouya.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By oflow

@Dire_Weasel: I understand what you are saying but being a remaster I never expected the MCC to be a 9 or 10. I just knew I would buy it. As an actual Halo fan it lived up to the hype for me.

Maybe it didnt to a bunch of people that aren't really Halo fans ( half the people posting here are too young to have played the original at launch) but to a Halo fan it delivered what it was supposed to do.

Now if you want to take Halo 5, I could see that argument. The expectation hype for that is real.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#133 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

The Wii U.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#134  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9913 Posts

I disagree about the Order. Its issues were well known before release.

@R4gn4r0k said:

Evolve

Pretty much a good example of what this industry has become at times: Good ideas ruined by terrible money-grubbing practices.

This I can agree with though. Didn't Evolve win game of E3 or something?

Edit: yep: http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/1/5861704/best-games-of-e3-2014

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22417 Posts

@cinematicgalore said:

Every single campaign in the MCC is better than The Corridor 1886. Try harder cows.

Yep.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By NyaDC

@Dire_Weasel said:
@luismsl said:

Explaining Hype

Exactly! "Flop" here on SW just means "Scored much lower than predicted".

Halo: MCC was "hyped" 9, and scored a 6. It's a flop, along with many other games this generation like The Order: 1866 and Driveclub.

If a game's review score meets (or beats) it's predicted score it's not a flop.

Also, as far as I know, there are no rules for what makes an entire console a flop. I don't know if anything really qualifies for that definition besides true disasters like the Virtual Boy, N-Gage and the Ouya.

I think people are associating the meaning of 'flop' on System Wars with the actual definition and association of the word flop, another reason this metagame around here is stupid. It confuses people by trying to interject itself with and to contradict existing definitions.

"Didn't meet hype" or some type of single worded synonymous term would be fitting and actually make sense, "flop" however does not. Flop universally implies something is bad or failed, failing to meet hype is a very, very thin borderline of acceptability if at all. It's an extremely negative connotation and people even around here with the metagame in mind use it synonymously with its actual definition for its System Wars definition.

This shit is dumb...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@nyadc: well people should read the rules before posting.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By NyaDC

@lostrib said:

@nyadc: well people should read the rules before posting.

That's not the problem, people in this community use flop in the system wars connotative term to propagate that a game is actually a flop under the real definition and implications of the actual word.

It's idiocy, this whole thing is. So when someone like Tormentos or GrenadeLauncher say that a game is a flop, for example The Master Chief Collection they're using the System Wars definition to propagate that the game is actually a flop in reality, they mince the terminology to imply that a game is a failure or that it's bad and then fall back on the System Wars nonsense metagame as a scapegoat to perpetuate that it is.

Like I said, this shit is dumb and no one follows the 'rules'... It shouldn't even exist.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@Malta_1980 said:

Destiny & Watchdogs !!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#140 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

Destiny is disappointing and a bad game, but calling it a flop unfortunately requires you to forget that game made its money back in spades. In spite of its bullshit.

The Xbox One on some level is a flop, because while it's doing fine, it should have kicked the PS4's ass after how good of a gen Microsoft had in gen 7. The WiiU is a commercial disaster. So it is a flop, and frankly the biggest one.

But yeah Destiny fits in terms of what was expected from a hype standpoint, and what people got in terms of a game. Personally I expected it to be a bit of a disappointment in the sense that it wouldn't be great, good maybe, but not great. But that game unded up being pretty bad, so even that was impressive for Bungie.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Ragnarok1051

@nyadc: No the problem is the game flopping and then people brushing it aside because it scored one point lower. There are flops and then there are real opinion changing flops.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#142  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44702 Posts

AC: Unity, while Black Flag felt like the high point of the series, Unity felt like they let a third party with no experience making AC games make it. I don't dislike it for reasons people commonly regurgitate like saying they forced microtransactions into it (no, another case of when you can earn it in game). Though, not to say it didn't bug me a little they had too much interconnectivity with co-op only missions and specific gear rewards related to those, and then an entire AC Unity tablet game to unlock certain chests, on top of the normal UPlay integration. The experience system would only reward certain type of skill kills but not others. They totally Nerf'd the guns, made combat and free running mechanics unresponsive, took out whistle luring, made long ass load times (I imagine as a result of large NPC numbers and larger city). And, while AC: BF did a great thing making the game stand alone and not partaking in the convoluted story arc of previous games, Unity just threw any real world aspect out the window and kept it entirely Animus simulation driven. The whole game too you have to unlock skills like you're leveling up an MP character, making the SP feel like competitive MP in terms of leveling up. This too bugs me a great deal.

As for about everything else this gen, I've been having a blast with almost everything I've played, except for maybe say Resident Evil Revelations 2 being awful, at least it was only $24.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@cinematicgalore: the Xbox One and PS4

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By oflow

@jg4xchamp: but according to cows the PS3 outsold the 360 as well so is that really accurate? The anomaly this gen isn't that the Xbox One isn't selling, it's that the PS4 is selling much higher than expected.

Even Sony didn't expect it to sell like it did.

Frank_Castle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Frank_Castle
Member since 2015 • 1982 Posts

@quadknight said:

>Xbone

>Halo MCC

>Both

Pick anyone of these options and you'd be correct.

This

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Halo: Master Chief Collection

I don't understand people saying the MCC. In score it flopped but in 2015 it is a great game with fixed multiplayer. If it was reviewed this year then it would get a 9 or 10 whereas games like The Order will not change at all after release.

orionzion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 orionzion
Member since 2015 • 8 Posts

Xbone and Destiny.

WiiU isn't a flop because not much was ever expected of it

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Evolve

Pretty much a good example of what this industry has become at times: Good ideas ruined by terrible money-grubbing practices.

IDK, Evolve kind of killed it's own hype with the preorder fiasco and dlc before gameplay videos were even released.. Going to have to go with a tie between Watch Dogs and Destiny.. Pretty much exemplify everything wrong with the industry this gen.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#149  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

This whole thread

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#150  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@cinematicgalore said:

The Order 1886, hyped to the heavens to only get a measely 5 and exclusively on the PS4. The home of interactive movies. lol

If you are talking about exclusive it would be The Order 1886 or DriveClub. Both were hype as being better then any console or PC game ever made and both flopped like Buster Keaton having a good night. Cows are still trying to tell themselves and anyone who will listen that both games are incredible. lol!! Typical.

********************************************************************************

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Disaster Chief Collection. Hyped beyond belief because of the Xbone's sparse 2014 lineup then fell flat on its face with multiple bugs in the SP and MP including almost nonfunctioning matchmaking at launch. Shameful.

Flopped on GS, but pretty much no where else. Just like The Last of Us. lol!!!

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-one/halo-the-master-chief-collection