Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#151 Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

@kraken2109 said:

So inconsistent

This. Never seen one game look amazing/like shit on different systems.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Infamous SS looks at least a generation ahead of this 4k or not. It might take titan sli to get the quality of lighting in Infamous to Watch Dogs.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61481 Posts

@gpuking said:

Infamous SS looks at least a generation ahead of this 4k or not. It might take titan sli to get the quality of lighting in Infamous to Watch Dogs.

Source of shots?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@remiks00: true dat, it is amazing looking and my pics prove it.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

@gpuking said:

Source of shots?

Aren't they from the photo mode which are almost bullshots?

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 I_can_haz

@ChubbyGuy40: nah photomode doesn't add any extra effect or AA and they are not bullshots. The game actually looks like that. My screenshots are also from the photomode, all I did was change camera angles and DOF to focus on the textures

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 lundy86_4

@ChubbyGuy40 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

@gpuking said:

Source of shots?

Aren't they from the photo mode which are almost bullshots?

I have no idea if after-effects are added. I don't think I even used that mode.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 lundy86_4

@scottpsfan14 said:

@lundy86_4: His Ps4. That is the actual graphics. just with DOF.

No idea, bro. Hence why I asked.

Due to being uploaded through GS, the source becomes unknown.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#162  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Looks good, almost as good as Ps4 version :D

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 ChubbyGuy40

@scottpsfan14 said:

The water in this game is incredible.

Water is the true benchmark for current gen plats. So guud.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By I_can_haz

I think one of the main reasons WD looks weak next to ISS besides the fact it's a cross gen game is the weak lighting engine in WD. The game would look so much better if Ubi used a daytime lighting system as advanced as ISS....

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By I_can_haz

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

The water in this game is incredible.

Water is the true benchmark for current gen plats. So guud.

True, WD definitely has the best water out there IMO.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

there is no pc game that uses physically based shading, they are all just upressed ps360 games. only killzone, ryse and infamous use it. its why they look better than everything else. pc software is still gen7

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By ChubbyGuy40

@m3dude1 said:

there is no pc game that uses physically based shading, they are all just upressed ps360 games. only killzone, ryse and infamous use it. its why they look better than everything else. pc software is still gen7

Star Citizen uses it and so will UE4 games.

lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 lunar1122
Member since 2012 • 784 Posts

i think what a lot of stupid consolites don't realize is that, You guys are playing Watchdogs at high settings 900p 30 frames per second. Im playing it at 1080p Ultra settings with a fluctuation of 44-70 frames per second( depends how busy the city is when driving)

If you do the math in this example im about to make, simply going from 900p 30 frames to 900p 60 frames is going to require a 100% increase in power . Thats 2 playstation 4 equivalents . You up the resolution and the graphic settings and still getting 60 fps.. thats means you are way over 2x playstation 4's in performance..

The fact of the matter is, Watchdogs is still a good looking game .. To me it seems its CPU bound and not GPU bound.. Lots of people can play this on ultra with mid range cards as long as their cpu is up to snuff. If its not up to snuff then it dont matter how strong your gpu is. I'd really like to see the difference mantel or dx 12 would have made.. Probably would have been huge.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 lundy86_4

@m3dude1 said:

It's likely due to attempting to push the hardware. There are plenty of software analyses running around. PC is usually slow out of the gate, but pulls ahead tremendously. For example, Cryengine now offers physically based shading.

Still, do you have links for inFamous and Killzone?

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By ChubbyGuy40

@lunar1122 said:

The fact of the matter is, Watchdogs is still a good looking game .. To me it seems its CPU bound and not GPU bound.. Lots of people can play this on ultra with mid range cards as long as their cpu is up to snuff. If its not up to snuff then it dont matter how strong your gpu is. I'd really like to see the difference mantel or dx 12 would have made.. Probably would have been huge.

It's an extremely good looking game. I agree about it being CPU bound but it still runs really well.

@lundy86_4 There's a PDF about K:SF using it from their website. You'll easily find it with Google.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By m3dude1

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

@m3dude1 said:

link me to the store i can go buy them at..oh wait

@lundy86_4 you can also find info about it on digital foundry.

@lunar1122 and yet it still looks nearly identical to the ps4 version, just at a higher res/fps. infamous still walks all over it. its the typical high res gen 7 software you get on the pc. wonder how long till the pc gets a game that isnt a ps360 port.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 lundy86_4

@m3dude1 said:

@lunar1122 and yet it still looks nearly identical to the ps4 version, just at a higher res/fps. infamous still walks all over it. its the typical high res gen 7 software you get on the pc. wonder how long till the pc gets a game that isnt a ps360 port.

I asked for direct links, not general directions. Bro, common courtesy... Don't make me ask for directions to Toronto, whilst you point me in the direction of Ontraio. Shit, son.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#174 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

looks beautiful, but im getting mine on my PS4. gotta upgrade my PC end of the year

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

I think it pretty good looking too bad thou don't believe the texture quality is good as Arma

lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 lunar1122

@m3dude1 said:

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

@m3dude1 said:

Most games are going to look largely identical , The difference for pc has always been cleaning up the jaggies/higher framerates and bigger resolutions with some better draw distances/lighting techniques, The game is going to look largly the same in screenshot compares but believe me the fluidity of the game when you actually playing it makes a big difference. I dunno what people are expecting here.. Totally different assets?.. I just capped watchdogs to see how it plays at 30 frames per second.. I wanna vomitttttttttttttt . congrats on welfare settings?

You talk about ports, When infact PC was the lead platform for watchdogs.. all other versions are technically "the ports".

Lets put it this way, If i put watchdogs at 900p on my monitor at high settings.. Im getting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more performance than a ps4, Far less for the Bone at 792p. 30 frames is a joke

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 m3dude1

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-infamous-second-son

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-making-of-killzone-shadow-fall

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#178  Edited By BloodyTides
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

@DarthRamms said:

I think it pretty good looking too bad thou don't believe the texture quality is good as Arma

I agree I'm a bit disappointed although I haven't seen a whole lot of the game but I can tell falls behind in certain aspect compared to larger game like arma.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 lundy86_4

@m3dude1 said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-infamous-second-son

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-making-of-killzone-shadow-fall

You need to quote me, broseph. Thanks. You kinda failed to address the rest of my post, mind you.

Thanks @ChubbyGuy40... I couldn't find it using a cursory Google search, but m3 posted them.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 m3dude1

@lunar1122 said:

@m3dude1 said:

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

@m3dude1 said:

Most games are going to look largely identical , The difference for pc has always been cleaning up the jaggies/higher framerates and bigger resolutions with some better draw distances/lighting techniques, The game is going to look largly the same in screenshot compares but believe me the fluidity of the game when you actually playing it makes a big difference. I dunno what people are expecting here.. Totally different assets?.. I just capped watchdogs to see how it plays at 30 frames per second.. I wanna vomitttttttttttttt . congrats on welfare settings?

You talk about ports, When infact PC was the lead platform for watchdogs.. all other versions are technically "the ports".

Lets put it this way, If i put watchdogs at 900p on my monitor at high settings.. Im getting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more performance than a ps4, Far less for the Bone at 792p. 30 frames is a joke

pc was clearly not the lead platform for watch dogs. that much is apparent. the lead platforms were ps360. im aware that pc games will always just be console ports of cross platform games with better IQ and framerate. thats kinda what ive been saying on this forum all along.

DarthRamms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By DarthRamms
Member since 2013 • 1128 Posts

@bloodytides said:

@DarthRamms said:

I agree I'm a bit disappointed although I haven't seen a whole lot of the game but I can tell falls behind in certain aspect compared to larger game like arma.

I'm going to have play the game to see more for myself. However, I have feeling things like the foliage or lighting won't be anywhere as good like Arma which is literally the best I seen in most large open games.

lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 lunar1122

@m3dude1 said:

@lunar1122 said:

@m3dude1 said:

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

@m3dude1 said:

pc was clearly not the lead platform for watch dogs. that much is apparent. the lead platforms were ps360. im aware that pc games will always just be console ports of cross platform games with better IQ and framerate. thats kinda what ive been saying on this forum all along.

ignorant consolite has been pawned

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/27/watch-dogs-is-targeting-pc-as-lead-platform/

http://www.destructoid.com/pc-is-the-lead-platform-for-watch-dogs-247165.phtml

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

ps4 screen, shit looks the same

so much jaggies they're even on the water... disgusting graphics

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 ChubbyGuy40
@lundy86_4 said:

Thanks @ChubbyGuy40... I couldn't find it using a cursory Google search, but m3 posted them.

Got the original PDF right here if you want to read it. This is what I was talking about.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 m3dude1

@lunar1122 said:

@m3dude1 said:

@lunar1122 said:

@m3dude1 said:

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

@m3dude1 said:

ignorant consolite has been pawned

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/27/watch-dogs-is-targeting-pc-as-lead-platform/

http://www.destructoid.com/pc-is-the-lead-platform-for-watch-dogs-247165.phtml

el oh el.

"watch dogs will look even better than the 2012 footage"

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#186  Edited By ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@ProjectPat187 said:

Uh so, I could care less about exclusives because Guess what? Thats not what the other poster I quoted was talking about and neither was I, and Guess what? Consoles will only raise the bar for console graphics because........ Guess what? Well because these are next gen consoles.

Oh Guess What?

Actually consoles effect PC in a lot of ways considering most games are made with consoles in mind. So guess what? PS4 HAS raised the bar for PC's because now ports won't focus on last gen consoles. So the lowest common denominator is now much higher. Get it?

The ONLY reason consoles are devs main focus is because...........Guess what? Money. The console market is much bigger than the PC market so its a no brainer why devs main focus are consoles, and for that reason we have dumb down games thanks to these weak consoles that you say so call raise the bar.

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts
@m3dude1 said:

LOL. Far Cry 3 had that before next-gen and only on PC. And not only that, but Far Cry 3 was probably the first open-world game to feature global illumination, too. Even Infamous doesn't have that, does that make Far Cry 3 a generation ahead of Infamous?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 m3dude1

lol more dumb dumb from the typical pc crowd here....god none of them have a clue what day it even is.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 ChubbyGuy40
@m3dude1 said:

lol more dumb dumb from the typical pc crowd here....god none of them have a clue what day it even is.

Actually Far Cry 3 did have it. The next game after that to feature it was Remember Me, if my google skills are correct.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

A lot of people here bring up Infamous SS, while it looks great it's brought down a bit by it's poor lod distance. As for lightning, it sure looks like ISS has a more spectacular lightning display than WD but from what we've seen so far both ISS and WD only has one light source at a time that is casting shadows.
To really compare two games we have to look at all the aspects like textures, anti aliasing, lightning/shadows, draw distance, lod distance, geometry, world density, scale, physics, how many things are going on at the same time and how advanced are they, resolution and frame rate etc. It can be difficult to accurately compare two games that have different focus points. So its best to wait until we can play both games before we can speculate that one is more advanced than the other.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

@lundy86_4

Of course they're from my PS4, photomode is 100% realtime tho. No added AA, higher res lighting or anything, just different camera angle that's all.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By m3dude1

@ChubbyGuy40 said:
@m3dude1 said:

Actually Far Cry 3 did have it. The next game after that to feature it was Remember Me, if my google skills are correct.

lmao. no and no

and just to drive it home

http://www.fxguide.com/featured/game-environments-parta-remember-me-rendering/

nooooooope

faizan_faizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By faizan_faizan
Member since 2009 • 7869 Posts

No need to argue with this pathetic troll. He's in denial.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By ChubbyGuy40

@faizan_faizan said:

No need to argue with this pathetic troll. He's in denial.

He linked an article showing how Remember Me used it. I don't get how he can be so dumb.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 m3dude1

did you even read the article clown?

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

That looked amazing !!! impressed by the Ultra version of this game..

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#197 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

@faizan_faizan said:
@m3dude1 said:

LOL. Far Cry 3 had that before next-gen and only on PC. And not only that, but Far Cry 3 was probably the first open-world game to feature global illumination, too. Even Infamous doesn't have that, does that make Far Cry 3 a generation ahead of Infamous?

Star Citizen uses PBR/PBS. DFM is due next week.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 ChubbyGuy40

@m3dude1 said:

did you even read the article clown?

Instead of throwing insults and shitposting you could just post the part where it says it doesn't use PBR/PBS.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#199 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

lol PC gaming. Its looks like a HD gtaV. Next gen GTAVI on consoles will destroy this terrible ubisoft game.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

infamous SecondSon really killed the slow ass pci-e systems graphically, WD ultra settings LMAO what a joke so ugly!