Ultimate Killer Instinct interview....Sorry Cows, they got it right.

• 160 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

Looks sick :shock:

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Very sexy :oops:

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
..M$ can have that Sh!t.. I've officially "jumped out.." (still love my 360 though :P )
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Not convincing. Double Helix is the developer and are taking interviews. What is left of the new Kinect friendly RARE can help, but the EPIC RARE talent that RARE fans came to love, most left long ago. M$ gutted them. This KI game is looking to be a bastard child of what I love, Killer Instinct. As I said before, nothing is final until I get to play it, BUT, the HYPE is gone.

Do you know RARE's history? It's a long and storied chronicle, one I won't tell here, but my confidence in RARE making a great KI game was shot long before this announcement, although I have more faith in RARE doing this than Double f***inig Helix.

As I said, HYPE would have been there if M$ pitched in more of that TV money and hired Capcom, Namco, Sega, SNK, Arc System Works, NetherRealm Studios, or some of the new fighting game indies like Reverge Labs, whoever instead of shitty Double Helix.

RARE will have their work cut out for them working ON THE SIDE while they are making their OWN GAMES with such shoddy talent. THIS IS NOT A DREAM TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT that fans have waited decades for.

SolidTy

2 of the MAIN game designers for KI are working with Double Helix

and are still at RARE, there is virtually no excuse, if you don't like the New KI, you never liked KI. Of course, my opinion is that KI was never good anyway.

:lol: What? hahaha. I would own you at KI and let you pick my character before I squashed you if you were my neighbor...hahaha. I am a fighting gamer.

RARE should have been teamed up with triple A fighting game studios, those two guys are surrounded my mediocrity. If we are lucky we'll get probably get a merely competent game instead of the amazing game we deserve...that's if we are lucky and this game doesn't just suck.

This reminds em of John Tobias and TAO FANG: Fist of the Lotus all over again (I own that buy the way). I don't want it to suck, but I remember the day that came out, and I remember the marketing, HYPE, and PR used to get me in the store. That was OG Xbox days, I've been gaming a long time.

Sorry, but two unknowns helping out =/= John Tobias at that point in his career. Getting away from fighting games, we can look at Lorne Lanning, John Romero, or even Warren Spector as guys that worked better within a certain culture. I have already been burned by Xbox 1st party fighting games. M$ pinched some pennies, and hired sucky Double Helix, but they should have taken some of that SPIELBURG/TV money and gave it to Capcom, SEGA, or Namco to do KI right. Those two designers you mentioned, they deserve better, and so do the real KI fans.

They were the two guys that pretty much made the whole system for the gameplay. What unknowns? I say wait for more previews to come out.
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 TigerSuperman

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

Not convincing. Double Helix is the developer and are taking interviews. What is left of the new Kinect friendly RARE can help, but the EPIC RARE talent that RARE fans came to love, most left long ago. M$ gutted them. This KI game is looking to be a bastard child of what I love, Killer Instinct. As I said before, nothing is final until I get to play it, BUT, the HYPE is gone.

Do you know RARE's history? It's a long and storied chronicle, one I won't tell here, but my confidence in RARE making a great KI game was shot long before this announcement, although I have more faith in RARE doing this than Double f***inig Helix.

As I said, HYPE would have been there if M$ pitched in more of that TV money and hired Capcom, Namco, Sega, SNK, Arc System Works, NetherRealm Studios, or some of the new fighting game indies like Reverge Labs, whoever instead of shitty Double Helix.

RARE will have their work cut out for them working ON THE SIDE while they are making their OWN GAMES with such shoddy talent. THIS IS NOT A DREAM TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT that fans have waited decades for.

SolidTy

2 of the MAIN game designers for KI are working with Double Helix

and are still at RARE, there is virtually no excuse, if you don't like the New KI, you never liked KI. Of course, my opinion is that KI was never good anyway.

:lol: What? hahaha. I would own you at KI and let you pick my character before I squashed you if you were my neighbor...hahaha. I am a fighting gamer.

RARE should have been teamed up with triple A fighting game studios, those two guys are surrounded my mediocrity. If we are lucky we'll get probably get a merely competent game instead of the amazing game we deserve...that's if we are lucky and this game doesn't just suck.

This reminds em of John Tobias and TAO FANG: Fist of the Lotus all over again (I own that buy the way). I don't want it to suck, but I remember the day that came out, and I remember the marketing, HYPE, and PR used to get me in the store. That was OG Xbox days, I've been gaming a long time.

Sorry, but two unknowns helping out =/= John Tobias at that point in his career. Getting away from fighting games, we can look at Lorne Lanning, John Romero, or even Warren Spector as guys that worked better within a certain culture. I have already been burned by Xbox 1st party fighting games. M$ pinched some pennies, and hired sucky Double Helix, but they should have taken some of that SPIELBURG/TV money and gave it to Capcom, SEGA, or Namco to do KI right. Those two designers you mentioned, they deserve better, and so do the real KI fans.

Also adding, you probably could beat me at KI, it's a terrible fighting franchise that was never good and has the dpeth of a puddle on the sidewalk.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts
Cows are so butthurt about this. RIP...percech
I doubt that. The PS gets fighting games if that is what they want to play. KI isn't exactly a household name is it?
xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

I just looked back on some youtube video of Killer Instinct on N64 and I gotta say, it feels so different. I really like how the N64 version had much more voices (like everytime someone got it) and I really love that funky 90's music. Or how about those "echo screams" after you defeat someone. (Ah ah ah ah"

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 TigerSuperman
[QUOTE="percech"]Cows are so butthurt about this. RIP...LJS9502_basic
I doubt that. The PS gets fighting games if that is what they want to play. KI isn't exactly a household name is it?

You would be surprised at the millions following that game. I think it's nostalgia though. Even though the series was never good....Ever....
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178846 Posts
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="percech"]Cows are so butthurt about this. RIP...TigerSuperman

You would be surprised at the millions following that game. I think it's nostalgia though. Even though the series was never good....Ever....

You can't go back again.....I thought Goldeneye taught gamers that.
stayhigh1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 stayhigh1
Member since 2008 • 724 Posts

this game looked like crap and its not even being made be RARE..xboners fan  will bend over for M$ anytime they tell them too

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 TigerSuperman
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] I doubt that. The PS gets fighting games if that is what they want to play. KI isn't exactly a household name is it?

You can't go back again.....I thought Goldeneye taught gamers that.

Apparently not, KI got Gametrailers poll for Xbox wiiu, and PS4, and brought the Xboxone right next to the PS3 in second place by itself alone.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#111 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts

The way the message was initially put out about the pay system was bad. They should've said something to the effect of, "yes, you can buy the full game , but we also have other options available instead of starting of with the whole game is free and you can add players for a nominal fee." Now the next hurdle for the game will be the craptastic track record of the developers behind it.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#112 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

this game looked like crap and its not even being made be RARE..xboners fan  will bend over for M$ anytime they tell them too

stayhigh1

Been a while since we seen one of these stupid comments. "Another Killzone? Cows will bend over anytime $ony tells them too...." Honesty......Don't be a dick for one day, see what it is like.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 timbers_WSU

The way the message was initially put out about the pay system was bad. They should've said something to the effect of, "yes, you can buy the full game , but we also have other options available instead of starting of with the whole game is free and you can add players for a nominal fee." Now the next hurdle for the game will be the craptastic track record of the developers behind it.

bez2083
It is a new team under the Double Helix name. Almost all have been involved with other fighters. Of course if you actually watched the video........
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#114 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="bez2083"]

timbers_WSU

It is a new team under the Double Helix name. Almost all have been involved with other fighters. Of course if you actually watched the video........

Most people don't watch the video, lol.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

[QUOTE="bez2083"]

timbers_WSU

You are gulping the kool-aid if guys who worked on Skullgirls and the old SFII games excites you.......color me unimpressed.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="bez2083"]

mitu123

I'm not most people, though.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts
[QUOTE="bez2083"]

timbers_WSU

I'm quite sure the game will turn out ok.. but they've got some "proven" to do..
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] It is a new team under the Double Helix name. Almost all have been involved with other fighters. Of course if you actually watched the video........bez2083

I'm not most people, though.

Dammit.:P

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#119 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Looks sick :shock:

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Holy damn, now I remember why I don't play fighting games - because I suck!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="bez2083"]

OhSnapitz

I'm quite sure the game will turn out ok.. but they've got some "proven" to do..

Absolutely.....I want this game to be great. This game was my personal favorite fighter growing up and something that I had been hoping would get resurrected, I just don't want to see it messed up. Too much stuff from my childhood has been turned to dog shit, this sucking might put me over the top.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
Once again just overeaction from people that just want to bash, good video.
Avatar image for Lord_Omikron666
Lord_Omikron666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#122 Lord_Omikron666
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Its a fighting game. Remind me when fighting games were relevant. clyde46

Obviously you're not familiar with the fighting game community. 

Killer Instinct is probably the only game I'm really looking forward to for the Xbox One, and I've heard a lot of good impressions from people that got to play it.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts
Its Killer Instinct. why do we care? Since when has Killer Instinct been important or good?Nengo_Flow
Killer Instinct was a shit game in it's prime. It got the reputation it had because of it's then killer graphics and wacky combos. As a fighter, neither KI or KI2 were fundamentally sound games in any fashion. Killer Instinct's hype is based on nostalgia and nostalgia alone. When it's out, it will fizzle quickly as people realize it doesn't match up to their rose tinted memories of it.
GOGOGOGURT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 GOGOGOGURT
Member since 2010 • 4470 Posts

Looks nice, but fighting game, meh.Badosh

No X over the X1 in your sig?  You're slackin.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 mitu123
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]Its Killer Instinct. why do we care? Since when has Killer Instinct been important or good?Randolph
Killer Instinct was a shit game in it's prime. It got the reputation it had because of it's then killer graphics and wacky combos. As a fighter, neither KI or KI2 were fundamentally sound games in any fashion. Killer Instinct's hype is based on nostalgia and nostalgia alone. When it's out, it will fizzle quickly as people realize it doesn't match up to their rose tinted memories of it.

Really now? Those games received a good amount of praise.
joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#126 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
Horrible devs will = horrible game
Mandingo101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Mandingo101
Member since 2007 • 2317 Posts
[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]Its Killer Instinct. why do we care? Since when has Killer Instinct been important or good?Randolph

They also had cool music and fun characters.
catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

I never played Killer Instinct before so I just don't have a nostalgic feeling to get me excited for this. Hopefully it turns out well though.

heeweesRus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 heeweesRus
Member since 2012 • 5492 Posts

Double Helix is a terrible dev, so my hopes for this game aren't too high

Trail_Mix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Trail_Mix
Member since 2011 • 2579 Posts

Good to know they're not trying to "nickel-and-dime" consumers with the game. I actually think what they're doing with the Demo/F2P thing is a pretty interesting concept too.

Also, off topic, but why not just link the video itself? 

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

I can be objective. I LOVE killer instinct. It is one of my favorite fighting games period. Just a very fun game. Even the original gameboy version was good with just two buttons!!  Still won't buy an xbone, but I won't pretend that I wish I could get this game on my PS4 or PC

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]Rare hasn't made fighting game in like 20 years so literally nothing can go wrong.mitu123

Rare is making this game with other devs, ones that have worked on fighting games like Street Fighter.

No it's developed by Rare and Double Helix games.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

Fighting games are the best...

No one is going to host a relevant event for KI though because of MS licensing.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 timbers_WSU

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]Rare hasn't made fighting game in like 20 years so literally nothing can go wrong.rjdofu

Rare is making this game with other devs, ones that have worked on fighting games like Street Fighter.

In other words you didn't watch the video. The 2 producers worked with Namco's fighting games. The also hired some SF2 vets and the Skullgirls team. It is under the Double Helix umbrella but it is a built from scratch studio.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

It's Rare, seems very cool and F2P I'll without doubt try it out but where oh where is my new Conker, Banjo, Kameo PD etc. Eh, I suppose there's still a bunch of time between now and launch but I want more.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

It's Rare, seems very cool and F2P I'll without doubt try it out but where oh where is my new Conker, Banjo, Kameo PD etc. Eh, I suppose there's still a bunch of time between now and launch but I want more.

SecretPolice

Rare and Lionhead haven't shown their full hand yet. Most likely their games are late 2014 though.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Well you forgot to mention ridiculous combos.  That was still newish at the time.

But it really never was anything special, just good enough to take my quarters from time to time.  

And as far as fighters have come since then, it would have to be so much better than it ever was if they hope for it to even be relevant.

That said, I would pick it up in a heart beat for 5, maybe 10 bucks.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

Some points

• The original team that made the first Killer instict such a hit is gone I doubt this team will do a good Job of recreating the magic of KI
  • Its actaully not free to play as you have to pay for xbox live first then purchase each indvidual character you want (and God nows what else)
  • Its a nice Ip but its not a system seller I cannot name one single Fighter that was a system seller since Street Fighter 2 on the snes
  • This is sad and desperate that lems have been brought this low that they want to hype a free to play game as a Killa App.
ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
KI was awesome back in the day. id play this if it was on ps4 or pc. Tekken tag 2 will always be the best fighting game tho.
no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

I would like to play killer instinct but the company making it and the spybox1 means most likely I won't. I was really shocked at how the graphics looked. If nothing else KI had the best graphics of any fighting game back in the day.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#141 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

meh.... Waiting for Super Street fighter alpha 4. Only fighting game that matters.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Rare and Lionhead haven't shown their full hand yet. Most likely their games are late 2014 though.

Rare has what, the new KS & KI but i'm thinking One more for launch yet to be announced - LH, eh, I could see them not in the launch window but still a chance.

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

[QUOTE="HaRmLeSS_RaGe"]

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

SecretPolice

Rare has what, the new KS & KI but i'm thinking One more for launch yet to be announced - LH, eh, I could see them not in the launch window but still a chance.

Rare have made Kinect Sports and are only part developing KI. I'm sure they are working on something else too. Whatever Lionhead are doing must be a way off otherwise it would have been at E3 probably. Having said that I think they have more game announcements coming up at Gamescom and other places so who knows :shock:

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Timstuff"]Rare hasn't made fighting game in like 20 years so literally nothing can go wrong.rjdofu

Did you watch the video?
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#145 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Looks at evo... They are still very VERY relevent and continue to grow in popularity.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#146 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts
Hopefully they will bring justice to this long dormant franchise. I had good memories playing KI on arcades.
no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 no-scope-AK47

Hopefully they will bring justice to this long dormant franchise. I had good memories playing KI on arcades. King_Dodongo
Same here but I really doubt the game will even be on a par with the old game. I know we would all like to see games from back in the day come back. This is a free to play game and that most likely means it won't be on the level of modern fighters. I also never really heard of this dev besides silent hill.

ants83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 ants83
Member since 2005 • 359 Posts

What's Killer Instinct??? You guys serious? Or just all little kids :|

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 mitu123

ants83
Probably the latter.=p
no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 no-scope-AK47

ants83

Sorry if this is before your time young gun but the elders in the game used to go to a place called the arcade. There I would put in a quarter and play till the game ended or somebody else took me off. It was great to lay it down on the next gamer and watch him insert money over and over again. To watch him reach into his pocket and then say can somebody lend me a quarter. That was priceless unless you was there you will never understand why we have such fond memories of old games.