Ultimate Killer Instinct interview....Sorry Cows, they got it right.

• 160 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Cows are so butthurt about this. RIP...percech

I'm not a cow(still cringe at these names), but i'd buy an Xbox One for KI3 IF THE XBOX ONE WASNT A PILE OF DRM SHT.  And I'm being serious.  Halo 5 and Killer Instinct would sell me the console, alone.

PCgameruk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 PCgameruk
Member since 2012 • 2273 Posts
Its a fighting game. Remind me when fighting games were relevant. clyde46
Dreamcast days.
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

[QUOTE="PannicAtack"]Killer Instince? What's that?timbers_WSU
I have big hands and a little keyboard. So it is my deformation screwing with my typing.

What about eyes, do you have eyes? :lol:

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

[QUOTE="percech"]Cows are so butthurt about this. RIP...Heirren

I'm not a cow(still cringe at these names), but i'd buy an Xbox One for KI3 IF THE XBOX ONE WASNT A PILE OF DRM SHT.  And I'm being serious.  Halo 5 and Killer Instinct would sell me the console, alone.

It's a bummer that I'm gonna miss out on owning Halo 5, but I'm the same way, I'm not investing money in a rental system that will hold zero collection value.

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

Ha ha, lems have no good exclusives, so they have to hype irrelevant rubbish ... :lol:

Bruce_Benzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Bruce_Benzing
Member since 2012 • 1731 Posts

Cows are so butthurt about this. RIP...percech
It's even more funny when they pretend to be core gamers yet can't remember any other hardcore game frnchise that was never on PS. They'd be screaming owned if this was on their system...

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts
SF4 came back in 2008 and resurrected MadCatz from the bargain basement controller producer it had always been. Online provided constant challenge from an intelligent opponent when ever I wanted which made any other gaming experience not as much of a challenge. I can't play shooters anymore so I'm either on a fighter, iOS game, or the rare awesome console game that thinks outside the box (Heavy Rain, Shadows of the Colosus, Walking Dead, etc.). I'm not impressed with 90% of what I see from this industry, this E3 conference was no different, Watchdogs had a decent premise though. It makes sense for KI3 to look like Street Fighter since it was a clone like all the other 90s fighters, I think they characters look awful for a "next gen" game though.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Before you were born and ever since?
gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

Lemmings clutching at straws.....have I got it right?

Avatar image for AshFromEvilDead
AshFromEvilDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 AshFromEvilDead
Member since 2013 • 102 Posts
If they want to just try the game to see if they like it before they buy the full copy why don't they rent it? Oh wait that's right you can't rent any Xbox One games. I mean seriously who the hell plays fighting games and doesn't at least try every single character. If anything this is making it harder for people to try out their favorite characters. Dumb ass excuses. It's free to play to nickle and dime people, I bet that if you bought every character the cost would come out to more than a standard retail game. That's how crappy Free to play works. You might as well just buy the full fvckin copy.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#61 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Its so sad to see all the people asking what KI is. It was an outstanding fighting game in the 90s created by Rare which hit the arcade and was exclusive to the SNES. KI2 came out for the N64, and was also an outstanding game. I played those games so much when they were released , but it sucks to see its gone with MS and is no longer created by Rare. Ill check the reviews when it comes out hopefully play a demo and see if its worth getting the system for.

AM-Gamer

This, the games are awesome.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 mitu123

have fun with that, seriously, I ain't payin for charactersrobokill
Just buy the full version, problem solved.

conkertheking1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 conkertheking1
Member since 2009 • 876 Posts

Who is getting Xbox One AND gives a sh;t about this game?

I've longed for a new KI game for years, and the game itself looks great, but it would take a lot more games for me to even consider buying that console and the mandatory online service.

also: is Rare even working on this game? it would seem they're not.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46296 Posts

too bad its not made by the old school rare.sayer87

Old school Rare is dead unfortunately. I know this has been said a thousand times, even by me, but hearing how we would see a 'classic Rare IP' back this E3 gave me a spark of hope again.

Unfortunately all the talent has left by now, actually that is fortunate because what talented developer that worked on masterpieces like Donkey Kong Country, Banjo Kazooie or Perfect Dark would want to work on Kinect Sprorts...

mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#66 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts
looks good. Might get a 7.5. if its lucky, an 8. I'll play as Jago, see if I like it then decide....That's their target; smart model.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

Timbutthurt

Clock-w0rk
This. Also do lems expect people to buy a console because of this game? I'm sorry lems but you need something better like, for example, not trying to destroy gaming.
mayceV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#68 mayceV
Member since 2008 • 4633 Posts

[QUOTE="sayer87"]too bad its not made by the old school rare.R4gn4r0k

Old school Rare is dead unfortunately. I know this has been said a thousand times, even by me, but hearing how we would see a 'classic Rare IP' back this E3 gave me a spark of hope again.

Unfortunately all the talent has left by now, actually that is fortunate because what talented developer that worked on masterpieces like Donkey Kong Country, Banjo Kazooie or Perfect Dark would want to work on Kinect Sprorts...

What I want MS to do is open new studios for each of their big franchises. Microsoft rarely buy out studios, and when they do usually they go to sh**. But when MS opens a studio usually that studio sells their souls to the devil and obtain ungodly talent. ( 343, T10, Team Dakota, And maybe Black tusk IDK they haven't really done anything yet.)
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mitu123
Its Killer Instinct. why do we care? Since when has Killer Instinct been important or good?Nengo_Flow
too bad its not made by the old school rare.sayer87
Instead it has devs who made different fighting games.
onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts
Watched the stage demo and it looks pretty fun and I for one do like the free to play model they are using its a smart move on a sad note I doubt I'll ever play it
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#71 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

No amount of games will save your piece of shit console. Get over it.

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 onewiththegame

Zophar87
Can't people just appreciate good games?!?
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#73 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
Rare hasn't made fighting game in like 20 years so literally nothing can go wrong.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 mitu123

Rare hasn't made fighting game in like 20 years so literally nothing can go wrong.Timstuff
Rare is making this game with other devs, ones that have worked on fighting games like Street Fighter.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#75 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9548 Posts

Killer Instinct on the SNES is easily one of my favorite games OF ALL TIME.

Problem is... I like physical media... no physical media = meh

The gameplay looks solid, but they better sell some character skins...

I mean WTF they made Jago look like a Metrosexual Pirate... not the badass ninja he always was before... Also, we better have the ability to switch colors by pressing up or down... something tells me no on that too though :(

Good to see Glacius confirmeg

Jago

Sabrewolf

Glacius

Probably= Orchid, TJ Combo, Fullgore, Spinal, Riptor, Cinder... just the SNES cast :P

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 mitu123

Killer Instinct on the SNES is easily one of my favorite games OF ALL TIME.

Problem is... I like physical media... no physical media = meh

The gameplay looks solid, but they better sell some character skins...

I mean WTF they made Jago look like a Metrosexual Pirate... not the badass ninja he always was before... Also, we better have the ability to switch colors by pressing up or down... something tells me no on that too though :(

Good to see Glacius confirmeg

Jago

Sabrewolf

Glacius

Probably= Orchid, TJ Combo, Fullgore, Spinal, Riptor, Cinder... just the SNES cast :P

WitIsWisdom

They also said they'll add in new characters and more females.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts
[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

Timbutthurt

kuraimen
This. Also do lems expect people to buy a console because of this game? I'm sorry lems but you need something better like, for example, not trying to destroy gaming.

You are really clueless as to how many people will are are tempted to buy the Xboxone day 1 just for that crappy fighting game.
jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

I'd buy Killer Instinct if it were a multiplatform game. The fighting game market is too saturated right now to shell out $500 to play Killer Instinct. With Injustice just released and Guilty Gear/Blazblue coming out this year, there's really no need to get Killer Instinct.

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

[QUOTE="Zophar87"]

onewiththegame

At this point in time, the games have little to do with it. I'd be willing to agree that in the very recent past, games were single most important aspect of a good system. However, the Xbox One represents all that is wrong in the industry. Never before has the industry seen such a selfish and greedy piece of hardware. Literally every aspect of that console is designed to screw over the consumer as hard as humanly possible. It's truly a pity that those games are on such a horrible piece of hardware.

Anyone who buys the Xbox One immediately revokes their right to complain about, not only the Xbox One, but the entire gaming industry as a whole.

Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts

[QUOTE="percech"]Cows are so butthurt about this. RIP...Bruce_Benzing

It's even more funny when they pretend to be core gamers yet can't remember any other hardcore game frnchise that was never on PS. They'd be screaming owned if this was on their system...

And you would be hyping Sony's lineup if it was on the xbox, your point?
onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 onewiththegame

[QUOTE="onewiththegame"][QUOTE="Zophar87"]

Zophar87

At this point in time, the games have little to do with it. I'd be willing to agree that in the very recent past, games were single most important aspect of a good system. However, the Xbox One represents all that is wrong in the industry. Never before has the industry seen such a selfish and greedy piece of hardware. Literally every aspect of that console is designed to screw over the consumer as hard as humanly possible. It's truly a pity that those games are on such a horrible piece of hardware.

Anyone who buys the Xbox One immediately revokes their right to complain about, not only the Xbox One, but the entire gaming industry as a whole.

For me it will always be about the games, I will not be buying a X1 because of the policies and practices but that won't stop me from lusting over some of the better games on the system.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#82 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

lmfao lems are losing it.. $499.99 system to play a free to play fighting game lmfao

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

lmfao lems are losing it.. $499.99 system to play a free to play fighting game lmfao

finalstar2007
Lems are desperately grasping at straws to justify their purchase.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I am the biggest, if not at least one of the biggest fighting gamers in SW...and am also a huge retro gamer and owner of KI.

I remember playing KI back BEFORE it was released for SNES.

This game has a shitty ass developer, f*** it. I'll change my opinion when I play it, but right now, zero hype. I had hype at the reveal, and lost all that when I looked up the developer 10 minutes later.

They should have hired Namco, Capcom, Sega, SNK, and a myriad of others. Hope, they hired Double Helix so f*** this abomination. It's a shame they gutted RARE, as they are the ones that should be making this game, considering they CREATED KI.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 TigerSuperman

finalstar2007
I don't know what's worse, the fact this very thread was made saying it's NOT F2p, or that Finalstar is just in need of medication.
TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 TigerSuperman
[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

kuraimen
Lems are desperately grasping at straws to justify their purchase.

THE very OP shows it's not F2p. For someone saying they won't be buying a PS4 anytime soon, you sure like to spread lies when proof against it is in the same thread. probably you forgot your medication? As bad as the game is, the fact it's not F2p is the whole point of the thread, I never seen people look at the Op and not read it and just post random crap ever in a forum before here.
jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

I am the biggest, if not at least one of the biggest fighting gamers in SW...and am also a huge retro gamer and owner of KI.

This game has a shitty ass developer, f*** it. I'll change my opinion when I play it, but right now, zero hype. I had hype at the reveal, and lost all that when I looked up the developer 10 minutes later.

They should have hired Namco, Capcom, Sega, SNK, and a myriad of others. Hope, they hired Double Helix so f*** this abomination. It's a shame they gutted RARE, as they are the ones that should be making this game, considering they CREATED KI.

SolidTy

I feel the same way. I'll consider the game in the future but there's just too many fighting games to play right now to think about Killer Instinct.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 mitu123

SolidTy

If you saw the E3 interview, it's been said that they got devs who worked on fighting games like Street Fighter and such.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

mitu123

If you saw the E3 interview, it's been said that they got devs who worked on fighting games like Street Fighter and such.

I did see that interview, that is not convincing at all. The same thing was said about Playstation All Stars and other games where they say lame PR like we got the best and the brightest in their field and release a flop. The difference with the PS All Stars was at least that studio didn't have a horrid history, they simply had no history. This studio actually sucks.

That interview gave me hope that instead of this game sucking balls, it will simply be a "ball scrubbing" experience. It's done, but you aren't looking forward to doing it again. Avoid.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 TigerSuperman

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

I did see that interview, that is not convincing at all. The same thing was said about Playstation All Stars, but at least that studio didn't have a horrid history. That interview gave me hope that instead of this game sucking balls, it will simply be a "ball scratch that itch" experience.

If you looked up the developer than you would have no Rare is making it along side another dev. So now I ask, did you really look it up?
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

jiggaloj

I feel the same way. I'll consider the game in the future but there's just too many fighting games to play right now to think about Killer Instinct.

A fighting game brother, you know what I"m talkin' 'bout. REPRESENT!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]If you saw the E3 interview, it's been said that they got devs who worked on fighting games like Street Fighter and such.

TigerSuperman

I did see that interview, that is not convincing at all. The same thing was said about Playstation All Stars, but at least that studio didn't have a horrid history. That interview gave me hope that instead of this game sucking balls, it will simply be a "ball scratch that itch" experience.

If you looked up the developer than you would have no Rare is making it along side another dev. So now I ask, did you really look it up?

Not convincing. Double Helix is the developer and are taking interviews. What is left of the new Kinect friendly RARE can help, but the EPIC RARE talent that RARE fans came to love, most left long ago. M$ gutted them. This KI game is looking to be a bastard child of what I love, Killer Instinct. As I said before, nothing is final until I get to play it, BUT, the HYPE is gone.

Do you know RARE's history? It's a long and storied chronicle, one I won't tell here, but my confidence in RARE making a great KI game was shot long before this announcement, although I have more faith in RARE doing this than Double f***inig Helix.

As I said, HYPE would have been there if M$ pitched in more of that TV money and hired Capcom, Namco, Sega, SNK, Arc System Works, NetherRealm Studios, or some of the new fighting game indies like Reverge Labs, whoever instead of shitty Double Helix.

RARE will have their work cut out for them working ON THE SIDE while they are making their OWN GAMES with such shoddy talent. THIS IS NOT A DREAM TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT that fans have waited decades for.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts

finalstar2007
Were you just ignoring all the games MS announced during their E3 presentation or are you that stupid?
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

Looks sick :shock:

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 mitu123

Looks sick :shock:

HaRmLeSS_RaGe

It does look good from the videos despite the dev track record, but where is Orchid?

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TigerSuperman

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

Not convincing. Double Helix is the developer and are taking interviews. What is left of the new Kinect friendly RARE can help, but the EPIC RARE talent that RARE fans came to love, most left long ago. M$ gutted them. This KI game is looking to be a bastard child of what I love, Killer Instinct. As I said before, nothing is final until I get to play it, BUT, the HYPE is gone.

Do you know RARE's history? It's a long and storied chronicle, one I won't tell here, but my confidence in RARE making a great KI game was shot long before this announcement, although I have more faith in RARE doing this than Double f***inig Helix.

As I said, HYPE would have been there if M$ pitched in more of that TV money and hired Capcom, Namco, Sega, SNK, Arc System Works, NetherRealm Studios, or some of the new fighting game indies like Reverge Labs, whoever instead of shitty Double Helix.

RARE will have their work cut out for them working ON THE SIDE while they are making their OWN GAMES with such shoddy talent. THIS IS NOT A DREAM TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT that fans have waited decades for.

2 of the MAIN game designers for KI are working with Double Helix and are still at RARE, there is virtually no excuse, if you don't like the New KI, you never liked KI. Of course, my opinion is that KI was never good anyway.
johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

ultra combo!!!!!!!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="TigerSuperman"] If you looked up the developer than you would have no Rare is making it along side another dev. So now I ask, did you really look it up?TigerSuperman

2 of the MAIN game designers for KI are working with Double Helix

and are still at RARE, there is virtually no excuse, if you don't like the New KI, you never liked KI. Of course, my opinion is that KI was never good anyway.

:lol: What? hahaha. I would own you at KI and let you pick my character before I squashed you if you were my neighbor...hahaha. I am a fighting gamer.

RARE should have been teamed up with triple A fighting game studios, those two guys are surrounded my mediocrity. If we are lucky we'll get probably get a merely competent game instead of the amazing game we deserve...that's if we are lucky and this game doesn't just suck.

This reminds em of John Tobias and TAO FANG: Fist of the Lotus all over again (I own that buy the way). I don't want it to suck, but I remember the day that came out, and I remember the marketing, HYPE, and PR used to get me in the store. That was OG Xbox days, I've been gaming a long time.

Sorry, but two unknowns helping out =/= John Tobias at that point in his career. Getting away from fighting games, we can look at Lorne Lanning, John Romero, or even Warren Spector as guys that worked better within a certain culture. I have already been burned by Xbox 1st party fighting games. M$ pinched some pennies, and hired sucky Double Helix, but they should have taken some of that SPIELBURG/TV money and gave it to Capcom, SEGA, or Namco to do KI right. Those two designers you mentioned, they deserve better, and so do the real KI fans.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts

day 1 thank you....

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#100 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Lems actually expect this game to have a community? :lol:

Its a fighting franchise that has been dead for 20 years being revived on a console where nobody plays fighting games. 

NathanDrakeSwag

I was about to type exactly this.  Any fighting game fanatic is going own to a Sony console.

I watched some gameplay.  It looks EXACTLY like SF4.

Truly pathetic.