Too Human Discussion Thread - Keep it Here (Or Face Suspension)!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#151 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Games that came before it in a similar genre?Put it this way, if it's not better than games from years ago, what is the point of comparing it to the current generation efforts?esides, how many DMC clones with analogue combat can we compare it to. What do YOU think it can be compared to?inertk
Which would be fine and dandy if gamespot didn't review games based on the SAME PLATFORM. What else is there on the 360 that is so much like Too Human that it would warrant such a low score?
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
vs. MikeE21286

lol @ Damage Control. Lair wasnt a game 10 years in the making, youd expect with 10 years of dev time you can get a game to score good.
slystallion26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 slystallion26
Member since 2005 • 819 Posts
[QUOTE="inertk"]

Oh wait, it's worse than Phantasy Star Universe going by GS.\

subrosian

Which would prove that GS underrated it - I have 1000 / 1250 achievement points in Phantasy Star Universe - and 30+ hours of game time on it, I have played the game heavily, and without a doubt it was the worst game I have spent more than an hour or two playing.

Too Human is a 7 ~ 8 range game that is being consistently underrated - it does not deserve to be compared to PSU or Lair, and alas, it is unfortunate that it doesn't reflect in the ratings - it's a love / hate game and Kevin hates it, *shrug* oh well.

-

That said, who cares? I've been saying for months that Too Human would get poor reviews, and that those reviews don't mean anything - this was expected, it's a misunderstood game, and in the long run it really doesn't make any difference for gamers - though it does reflect poorly on gaming journalism.

hahaha

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Vandalvideo
]You're arguing a moot point. Reviews are supposed to tell us how good a game is, and whether or not its worth spending our money on. You could have the most creative game in the world, but if its not fun, or broken, then it shouldn't be played.DrinkDuff
You're right, reviewers are supposedto tell us how good the game is, but how am I supposed to take their word for it if I can't even identify where they got the yardstick from?
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]

[QUOTE="rocoswav"]so will there still be a trilogy??Cyberfairy

Talk about one mediocre trilogy.

you really think they won't improve the second one?

I don't know I was just saying something to say something. Lets hope they do cause a trilogy of 5.5 games? Come on seriously.

-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 -Ninja_Dog-
Member since 2005 • 4197 Posts

[QUOTE="inertk"]Games that came before it in a similar genre?Put it this way, if it's not better than games from years ago, what is the point of comparing it to the current generation efforts?esides, how many DMC clones with analogue combat can we compare it to. What do YOU think it can be compared to?Vandalvideo
Which would be fine and dandy if gamespot didn't review games based on the SAME PLATFORM. What else is there on the 360 that is so much like Too Human that it would warrant such a low score?

Fustration can do that.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#157 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

Hehe--most of you know I like causing commotion in System Wars the day of a fun review! It makes the day end well.Kevin-V

I'll always remember the day you gave a 10.0 to Mgs4 :lol:

I couldn't agree more with a review, seriously.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

Hehe--most of you know I like causing commotion in System Wars the day of a fun review! It makes the day end well.Kevin-V

Do you know when we can expect a Tales of Vesperia review?

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#159 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
[QUOTE="subrosian"]

:D

Can't wait for release day!

sargentbotk

Lmao, good job by being a gamer :D. Hey admit ownage as well. It's better than someone else doing it for you and laughing in the process.

:)

What ownage? I've been saying for months it would get mixed reviews, and it has! Weird - must be my psychic powers :P

Reviews scores are for people who don't know their own tastes. Me? I'm excited for this game - it could get a 0.5 and I'd be there day one getting it. At some point you have to learn to be a gamer and make up your own mind - who knows, maybe I'm that target audience that loves Norse mythology and subtle complexity - hey, whatever, to me it's a game like Lost Odyssey, where I'm left going "why the hate?".

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
I can see a crap load of lemmings comming up with "bu bu Kevin = teh sony faboi :cry:" :lol:
usmcjdk6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#161 usmcjdk6
Member since 2007 • 1240 Posts
Any newb who watched the gameplay video KNEW this game was going to blow. I called 6.0 in the hype thread. THe combat, which is the meat of the game looks terrible. I don't want freaking Diablo on my console. I WANT MORE GOD OF WAR AND NINJA GAIDEN.
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts

Not Lair bad but wow :lol:

:lol: at everyone who hyped it AA

VanHelsingBoA64

lol all you want. Too Human looked promising, alot. How can it be anyones fault for believing the game would be better then what it really was.

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="dracula_16"]A good concept is irrelevant when the game is lousy. You're just trying to justify hyping a bad game.DrinkDuff
I *never* hyped Too Human. I've merely pointed out the flaws in the way that the media is looking at the game. For all intents and purposes this game IS a first among colleagues. What else is there in this genre on the consoles that are so much better that this game would warrant a 5.5?

You're arguing a moot point. Reviews are supposed to tell us how good a game is, and whether or not its worth spending our money on. You could have the most creative game in the world, but if its not fun, or broken, then it shouldn't be played.

Completely agree. It is nigh on impossible to just compare a game and rate it based on others within its field. You've got to take a broader look at the whole game, technical criteria which defies even genres i.e. FPS issues, game crashes etc, and then you also compare it, (maybe even on a subconscious level) with the totality of all your gaming experience.

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

[QUOTE="inertk"]Games that came before it in a similar genre?Put it this way, if it's not better than games from years ago, what is the point of comparing it to the current generation efforts?esides, how many DMC clones with analogue combat can we compare it to. What do YOU think it can be compared to?Vandalvideo

Lmao, probably DMC4. The combat is basically ripped from DMC anyway, except they broke it on the way.

Since it placed itself as an Action Style RPG with all that phat lewt. Probably action titles, and you know. RPGS?

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
[QUOTE="Cyberfairy"][QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]

[QUOTE="rocoswav"]so will there still be a trilogy??Ragnarok1051

Talk about one mediocre trilogy.

you really think they won't improve the second one?

I don't know I was just saying something to say something. Lets hope they do cause a trilogy of 5.5 games? Come on seriously.

It all depends on how good too flop sells.

Great sales will lead to sequels.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#166 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
You should post here more often. :P
darklord888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 darklord888
Member since 2004 • 8382 Posts
[QUOTE="Cyberfairy"][QUOTE="-Ninja_Dog-"]

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"]Didn't expect much higher, although that does seem a little low. Be prepared for people to say it's the most underrated game of the generation...Kevin-V

If you read the preview here on GS , they sound like that can't get enough of it.

Which is pretty confusing.

I guess SK didn't pay to get high scores

:roll:

I know! They should have at leasy paid the big sites.

[spoiler] :P [/spoiler]

Mongo-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Mongo-Boss
Member since 2008 • 2108 Posts

How many games on the PS3 were like Lair?

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Cyberfairy

Any newb who watched the gameplay video KNEW this game was going to blow. I called 6.0 in the hype thread. THe combat, which is the meat of the game looks terrible. I don't want freaking Diablo on my console. I WANT MORE GOD OF WAR AND NINJA GAIDEN.usmcjdk6

problem is that it was no ninja gaiden: on purpose. they tried to do something new but it looks like some big flaws really brought it down.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Vandalvideo
Lmao, probably DMC4. The combat is basically ripped from DMC anyway, except they broke it on the way.Since it placed itself as an Action Style RPG with all that phat lewt. Probably action titles, and you know. RPGS?inertk
Have you even taken the time to play the demo? The combat isn't anything remotely similar to devil may cry! There are also not many other action RPG titles that are anything like Too Human.
spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 spike6566
Member since 2008 • 1630 Posts
man today is a sad day. i hope SK is doing ok with the results. .
Utensilman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Utensilman
Member since 2006 • 1571 Posts
their is an upside. since the game blows, i don't have to buy it!!!! bring on RockBand2!!!!!
xxastrocreepxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 xxastrocreepxx
Member since 2008 • 810 Posts
Damn, I was expecting around a 6.5-8 but gamespot really hates this game. Oh well, I accept ownage and enjoy watching all the fanboys make topics and get suspensions because they don't know how to read.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#174 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
Hey atleast you post like everyday posters here, most other reviewers can't be bothered to crawl in the mud with us vermin. :P
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 subrosian

[QUOTE="Kevin-V"]Hehe--most of you know I like causing commotion in System Wars the day of a fun review! It makes the day end well.AgentA-Mi6

It's a bit odd to "agree" with a review for a game you haven't played, no? Isn't that sort of fanboyish?

Is that why you gave Too Human a 5.5 :P

TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 TenP
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
[QUOTE="VanHelsingBoA64"]

Cyberfairy

lol all you want. Too Human looked promising, alot. How can it be anyones fault for believing the game would be better then what it really was.

So did Lair.

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
Wow this heated up quick :lol:
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts

[QUOTE="MikeE21286"] vs. EVOLV3

lol @ Damage Control. Lair wasnt a game 10 years in the making, youd expect with 10 years of dev time you can get a game to score good.

Haze, Lair, and Too Human....mega flops of the last year

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#179 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Well, I'm owned. Flop. I said AA (8.5). :( Oh well, I still think 5.5 is insanely harsh.
shahchip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#180 shahchip
Member since 2007 • 1282 Posts
I think LAIR was fixed in a patch
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 subrosian

I can see a crap load of lemmings comming up with "bu bu Kevin = teh sony faboi :cry:" :lol:VanHelsingBoA64

Lemmings never liked Too Human :|

Only old-time manticores have really stood by this game, and continue to do so - hence why it's misunderstood.

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts
[QUOTE="sargentbotk"][QUOTE="subrosian"]

:D

Can't wait for release day!

subrosian

Lmao, good job by being a gamer :D. Hey admit ownage as well. It's better than someone else doing it for you and laughing in the process.

:)

What ownage? I've been saying for months it would get mixed reviews, and it has! Weird - must be my psychic powers :P

Reviews scores are for people who don't know their own tastes. Me? I'm excited for this game - it could get a 0.5 and I'd be there day one getting it. At some point you have to learn to be a gamer and make up your own mind - who knows, maybe I'm that target audience that loves Norse mythology and subtle complexity - hey, whatever, to me it's a game like Lost Odyssey, where I'm left going "why the hate?".

Score wise lol. You didn't hype it AA? Not saying you won't enjoy it. Just score wise is all. :P

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

[QUOTE="inertk"]Lmao, probably DMC4. The combat is basically ripped from DMC anyway, except they broke it on the way.Since it placed itself as an Action Style RPG with all that phat lewt. Probably action titles, and you know. RPGS?Vandalvideo
Have you even taken the time to play the demo? The combat isn't anything remotely similar to devil may cry! There are also not many other action RPG titles that are anything like Too Human.

I played the demo 1 and 1/3 times. Couldn't get through a second playthrough. :)

The fact that there aren't many titles like Too Human doesn't give it a free pass.

And yes, the juggling is straight out of DMC. Shame the actual melee combat is horrid.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
Um can we say lair all over again. I saw this coming though. Especially after playing the demo which was piss poor. I never really expected much from this game and I am glad I didnt.
Zhengi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Zhengi
Member since 2006 • 8479 Posts
So Too Human = 360's version of Lair?
Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

!! called it from day one people. Called it as the first cinematic trailer, before any gameplay.

This game would not live up to the hype. Not that I want games to fail it's just that it makes me feel good that I'm always right. I own so hard.

(no offense to people who still love this game no matter what, I have deep respect for you as well as an inability to see what you see)

butteater86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 butteater86
Member since 2007 • 1306 Posts
[QUOTE="Cyberfairy"][QUOTE="VanHelsingBoA64"]

TenP

So did Lair.

Not really...

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Cyberfairy

[QUOTE="DrinkDuff"]]You're arguing a moot point. Reviews are supposed to tell us how good a game is, and whether or not its worth spending our money on. You could have the most creative game in the world, but if its not fun, or broken, then it shouldn't be played.Vandalvideo
You're right, reviewers are supposedto tell us how good the game is, but how am I supposed to take their word for it if I can't even identify where they got the yardstick from?

especially confusing is it when big sites like IGN and GS scores differs from eachother with such a big margin sometimes. 7.8 and a 55?

punkrocker163

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 punkrocker163
Member since 2006 • 2087 Posts
hahahaha, owned! :lol:
Samurai_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Samurai_Xavier
Member since 2003 • 4364 Posts

Its moments like this that make me feel smart for not preordering games. Sucks for all who preordered it.

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
[QUOTE="Cyberfairy"][QUOTE="VanHelsingBoA64"]

TenP

So did Lair.

I concur.

But, anyway they're were few lemmings actually hyping it. It was mostly manticores.

LegendofNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 LegendofNerd
Member since 2007 • 2140 Posts

So Too Human = 360's version of Lair?Zhengi

Pretty much.

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Cyberfairy

hahahaha, owned! :lol:punkrocker163

hahahahahahaha! :roll:

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

Cows still own the biggest flop.

Too Human >> Lair

-Ninja_Dog-

That's like saying you're the smartest of the Three Stooges.:|

Koalakommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Koalakommander
Member since 2006 • 5462 Posts

So Too Human = 360's version of Lair?Zhengi

Truly? Yes. They won't let you call it that though.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts
Did a lot worse than I expected.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

[QUOTE="VanHelsingBoA64"]I can see a crap load of lemmings comming up with "bu bu Kevin = teh sony faboi :cry:" :lol:subrosian

Lemmings never liked Too Human :|

Only old-time manticores have really stood by this game, and continue to do so - hence why it's misunderstood.

I'm a lemming. :|

Just one who's a little short on cash.

0rbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 0rbs
Member since 2007 • 1947 Posts

L

O

L

@ anybody who thought this would be a diablo killer.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Vandalvideo
The fact that there aren't many titles like Too Human doesn't give it a free pass. And yes, the juggling is straight out of DMC. Shame the actual melee combat is horridinertk
Juggling, you think it sould be compared to DMC because it has JUGGLING? Its an action role playing game with combat that isn't anything remotely similar to Devil may cry. And I'm not saying that just because there aren't many titlse like Too Human that it SHOULD get a free pass. I'm merely asking where the crap the yard stick to give it such a harsh score game from.
Chaos_HL21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Chaos_HL21
Member since 2003 • 5288 Posts

Getting it when it comes out, although Fay may delay the shipment.

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

[QUOTE="Kevin-V"]Hehe--most of you know I like causing commotion in System Wars the day of a fun review! It makes the day end well.subrosian

It's a bit odd to "agree" with a review for a game you haven't played, no? Isn't that sort of fanboyish?

I think he was walking about the MGS 4 review.