Too Human Discussion Thread - Keep it Here (Or Face Suspension)!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#101 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
You yourself said that. Too Human is apparently the first... Unopposed, automatically the best. According to you, not the best it could have been at release.Don't know what you mean by that. Sure Too Human could have been better, 4.5points better, LOL of course not. But it doesn't get points because.... Oh wait, it's worse than Phantasy Star Universe going by GS.Awesome.inertk
Being the best ammong colleagues does not mean its the best it could have been at release, in other words, its NOT a 10. But at the same time, there isn't anything on the platform that would greatly reduce the score that you could compare it to. It makes you wonder just what Gamespot compared the game to.
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts
Hopefully SK will acknowlede the flaws and make Too Human "2" AAA-material.
t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#103 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts
[QUOTE="t3hTwinky"]

These games don't exactly exist in a vacuum.

But Gamespot has generally always been more harsh than other review sources.

NoobisMaxcimus

What?? When MGS4 got reviewed lems said Gamespot standards were so low. Don't be a hypocrite.

First off, I'm not a lemming.

Secondly, I said "in general," because despite what people may think, I'm fairly certain GS generally rates games slightly lower than everybody else.

Thirdly, GS's standards are not low, the PS3's standards are. :o

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
Lemmings owned twice this month. :lol:
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
wow, it really became 360's Lair
Mongo-Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Mongo-Boss
Member since 2008 • 2108 Posts

:D

Can't wait for release day!

subrosian
Run for it man. You don't deserve the crap you're going to get :lol:
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

subrosian

Lmao, good job by being a gamer :D. Hey admit ownage as well. It's better than someone else doing it for you and laughing in the process.

:)

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

TOO HUMAN = TOO FLOP

Foxhound_spy

OMG CLEVER LOL FUNNY FUNNY FUNNY!!!

What else can you make up?

EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts
Flop Confirmed. :lol:. Even I was expecting better.
spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 spike6566
Member since 2008 • 1630 Posts

I feel really sorry for SK, they had a track record of making good games. but now that track record went to crap. SK keep your heads up, i know your next project will own. I have a feeling that KZ2 is going to own, because KZ 1 didnt do to well. ppl fall, but we get back up and try harder.

i guess it safe to say, both consoles have their version of lair. so can we move on pleaese

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#111 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16026 Posts

[QUOTE="dracula_16"]A good concept is irrelevant when the game is lousy. You're just trying to justify hyping a bad game.Vandalvideo
I *never* hyped Too Human. I've merely pointed out the flaws in the way that the media is looking at the game. For all intents and purposes this game IS a first among colleagues. What else is there in this genre on the consoles that are so much better that this game would warrant a 5.5?

Tons of games are better than this. Even those burger king ones. At least they were mildy amusing.

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

Lemmings owned twice this month. :lol:Ragnarok1051

what was the first time ? NPD ?

leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 leejohnson7
Member since 2007 • 2909 Posts
[QUOTE="subrosian"]

SSCyborg

The smiley face made me lol.

I don't know why.

lol.... same for me, I think it's because of false enthusiasm... Like sarcasm but funny.

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Cyberfairy

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"]Didn't expect much higher, although that does seem a little low. Be prepared for people to say it's the most underrated game of the generation...-Ninja_Dog-

If you read the preview here on GS , they sound like that can't get enough of it.

Which is pretty confusing.

I guess SK didn't pay to get high scores

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Ragnarok1051

[QUOTE="inertk"]You yourself said that. Too Human is apparently the first... Unopposed, automatically the best. According to you, not the best it could have been at release.Don't know what you mean by that. Sure Too Human could have been better, 4.5points better, LOL of course not. But it doesn't get points because.... Oh wait, it's worse than Phantasy Star Universe going by GS.Awesome.Vandalvideo
Being the best ammong colleagues does not mean its the best it could have been at release, in other words, its NOT a 10. But at the same time, there isn't anything on the platform that would greatly reduce the score that you could compare it to. It makes you wonder just what Gamespot compared the game to.

Just looking at the score itself I'd have to say trash.

JakeTD21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#116 JakeTD21
Member since 2007 • 1631 Posts

Lemmings owned twice this month. :lol:Ragnarok1051

twice?

NO_WAI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 NO_WAI
Member since 2005 • 81 Posts

subrosian

Have fun trying to get through a door :lol:
Kevin-V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#118 Kevin-V
Member since 2006 • 5418 Posts
[QUOTE="-Ninja_Dog-"]

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"]Didn't expect much higher, although that does seem a little low. Be prepared for people to say it's the most underrated game of the generation...Cyberfairy

If you read the preview here on GS , they sound like that can't get enough of it.

:roll:

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#119 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

Oh wait, it's worse than Phantasy Star Universe going by GS.\

inertk

Which would prove that GS underrated it - I have 1000 / 1250 achievement points in Phantasy Star Universe - and 30+ hours of game time on it, I have played the game heavily, and without a doubt it was the worst game I have spent more than an hour or two playing.

Too Human is a 7 ~ 8 range game that is being consistently underrated - it does not deserve to be compared to PSU or Lair, and alas, it is unfortunate that it doesn't reflect in the ratings - it's a love / hate game and Kevin hates it, *shrug* oh well.

-

That said, who cares? I've been saying for months that Too Human would get poor reviews, and that those reviews don't mean anything - this was expected, it's a misunderstood game, and in the long run it really doesn't make any difference for gamers - though it does reflect poorly on gaming journalism.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Vandalvideo
Tons of games are better than this. Even those burger king ones. At least they were mildy amusing.dracula_16
Games that simply aren't in the same genre. How on earth can you begin comparing a game that is admittedly not an action RPG to games like Devil May Cry, and ag ame that is admittedly not an RPG to games like Mass Effect?
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts
[QUOTE="SSCyborg"][QUOTE="subrosian"]

leejohnson7

The smiley face made me lol.

I don't know why.

lol.... same for me, I think it's because of false enthusiasm... Like sarcasm but funny.

I just think it's the teeth. :P

I'm still hyped for it.

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Cyberfairy

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="dracula_16"]A good concept is irrelevant when the game is lousy. You're just trying to justify hyping a bad game.dracula_16

I *never* hyped Too Human. I've merely pointed out the flaws in the way that the media is looking at the game. For all intents and purposes this game IS a first among colleagues. What else is there in this genre on the consoles that are so much better that this game would warrant a 5.5?

Tons of games are better than this. Even those burger king ones. At least they were mildy amusing.

you just lost all my respect to you; that statement was the most redicolous I've ever seen.

NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts

everybody relax...theres a lot of games coming out on both systems this holiday...multiplats and good exclusives...slystallion26

No no this is the time for fanboys to shine. System Wars is just a predictable board of trolls who laugh at other peoples gaming misfourtune. Ps3 gets bashed alot, and sometimes it really deserves it but let the cows have their moment.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Ragnarok1051

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]Lemmings owned twice this month. :lol:naval

what was the first time ? NPD ?

Yarp.

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#125 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"]Didn't expect much higher, although that does seem a little low. Be prepared for people to say it's the most underrated game of the generation...-Ninja_Dog-

they did the exact same thing with lair and bullet proof, its just to create hype really

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 SSCyborg
[QUOTE="Cyberfairy"][QUOTE="-Ninja_Dog-"]

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"]Didn't expect much higher, although that does seem a little low. Be prepared for people to say it's the most underrated game of the generation...Kevin-V

That's disruptive posting! :P

leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 leejohnson7
Member since 2007 • 2909 Posts

wow, it really became 360's Lairnaval

It's worse than that, even I wanted this to be successful... I wasn't going to buy it, but I feel for the developers.

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts
[QUOTE="Cyberfairy"][QUOTE="-Ninja_Dog-"]

[QUOTE="Saturos3091"]Didn't expect much higher, although that does seem a little low. Be prepared for people to say it's the most underrated game of the generation...Kevin-V

Checking to see if anyone is saying anything bad about you? :P You seem to be in the clear so far... for now...

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

[QUOTE="inertk"]You yourself said that. Too Human is apparently the first... Unopposed, automatically the best. According to you, not the best it could have been at release.Don't know what you mean by that. Sure Too Human could have been better, 4.5points better, LOL of course not. But it doesn't get points because.... Oh wait, it's worse than Phantasy Star Universe going by GS.Awesome.Vandalvideo

Games with good action, worthwhile loot, good stories? You know, the ones that generally score 8 and above.

They're usually called good games. You keep saying colleagues, like you want more games to be like Too Human. Since it's apparently the first to break combat and rpg elements in a game wrapped in some developer arrogance.

It's not the best among colleagues, it's not the best game in GENERAL and funnily enough. It's probably the best it can be at release.

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts

Maybe they did what most reviewers do and in the end the game is compared to the totality of all their gaming experiences. Just because a game may (or may not) be the first in its field, it does not mean that the game is merited only within its isolated field, in fact I would find that nigh on impossible to do, review a game by cancelling all my inner thoughts and experiences from years of gaming.

At the end of the day the reviewer/s probably genuinely felt that this game does not leave a good impression and was not a good experience for them.

SSJ_Nega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 SSJ_Nega
Member since 2005 • 3171 Posts

Ouch! That is a lot worse than i expected.

I think i'll still be picking this one up, as i really enjoyed the demo.

Besides, i think those who were really excited knew the game would have scores all over the place.

I am kinda put off by the score. Maybe i'll rent it.

rocoswav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 rocoswav
Member since 2005 • 804 Posts
so will there still be a trilogy??
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 SSCyborg

so will there still be a trilogy??rocoswav

He left a cliffhanger ending according to the review.

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Vandalvideo
Games with good action, worthwhile loot, good stories? You know, the ones that generally score 8 and above.They're usually called good games. You keep saying colleagues, like you want more games to be like Too Human. Since it's apparently the first to break combat and rpg elements in a game wrapped in some developer arrogance. It's not the best among colleagues, it's not the best game in GENERAL and funnily enough. It's probably the best it can be at release.inertk
On the contrary, it HAS no colleagues on the 360, so it IS the best ammong colleagues. I would like to know where the yardstick for rating this game came from.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#135 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

Kevin-V

Agreed.

It's a love / hate game - and you're not in love with what I consider to be a cult experience. That's fine, so be it. If Kevin Van0rd took bribes he'd drive a nicer car :P

Kidding aside, that's not why it got a low rating on GS. I don't agree with your review Kevin, at all, but you're entitled to your opinion. We can disagree here - but really, let's not be stupid. Clearly GS is biased against Sony, Microsoft, AND Nintendo and somehow takes bribes from people who don't give bribes, and never would :| (sarcasm)

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Ragnarok1051

so will there still be a trilogy??rocoswav

Talk about one mediocre trilogy.

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts
vs.
dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#138 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16026 Posts

you just lost all my respect to you; that statement was the most redicolous I've ever seen.

Cyberfairy

Oh noes! someone on the internet that I didn't know existed now has no respect for me. How tragic. :| Seriously...why don't we just stay on topic out this flop of a game called Too Human. At least it has nice box art.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
[QUOTE="dracula_16"]A good concept is irrelevant when the game is lousy. You're just trying to justify hyping a bad game.Vandalvideo

You're arguing a moot point. Reviews are supposed to tell us how good a game is, and whether or not its worth spending our money on. You could have the most creative game in the world, but if its not fun, or broken, then it shouldn't be played, and the review should reflect that.
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 inertk

[QUOTE="inertk"]Games with good action, worthwhile loot, good stories? You know, the ones that generally score 8 and above.They're usually called good games. You keep saying colleagues, like you want more games to be like Too Human. Since it's apparently the first to break combat and rpg elements in a game wrapped in some developer arrogance. It's not the best among colleagues, it's not the best game in GENERAL and funnily enough. It's probably the best it can be at release.Vandalvideo
On the contrary, it HAS no colleagues on the 360, so it IS the best ammong colleagues. I would like to know where the yardstick for rating this game came from.

Games that came before it in a similar genre?

Put it this way, if it's not better than games from years ago, what is the point of comparing it to the current generation efforts?

Besides, how many DMC clones with analogue combat can we compare it to. What do YOU think it can be compared to?

rocoswav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 rocoswav
Member since 2005 • 804 Posts

[QUOTE="rocoswav"]so will there still be a trilogy??SSCyborg

He left a cliffhanger ending according to the review.

but do we have to wait until xbox 1440 or PS5 for number 2?

Kevin-V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#142 Kevin-V
Member since 2006 • 5418 Posts
Hehe--most of you know I like causing commotion in System Wars the day of a fun review! It makes the day end well.
Veterngamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Veterngamer
Member since 2007 • 2037 Posts
[QUOTE="Veterngamer"]

Not a Lemming... but I am OWNED!

I predicted AAA..... ouch!

I wonder if Dennis Dyack is cleaning is automatic rifle right now?

-Ninja_Dog-

If you prediticed AAA, then its safe to say you don't follow games at all.

Really?? Action RPG using Norse Mythology as its base, with a seemingly unlimited amount of Loot Drops, and being developed by Silicon Knights, doesn't sound AAA to you?

Keep in mind I hyped it AAA b4 I played the Demo. Still though I hyped it AAA and I accept my ownage.

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Cyberfairy

[QUOTE="rocoswav"]so will there still be a trilogy??Ragnarok1051

you really think they won't improve the second one?

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 inertk

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="dracula_16"]A good concept is irrelevant when the game is lousy. You're just trying to justify hyping a bad game.DrinkDuff

You're arguing a moot point. Reviews are supposed to tell us how good a game is, and whether or not its worth spending our money on. You could have the most creative game in the world, but if its not fun, or broken, then it should be reviewed accordingly.

Hmm, that actually puts all the squabbling to rest.

I need to go to sleep.... ;(

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts

Not Lair bad but wow :lol:

:lol: at everyone who hyped it AA

Lemmywinks_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Lemmywinks_360
Member since 2007 • 1996 Posts

was going to buy it... sorry denis this game is a pos.

EDIT: I hyped it AA. I was owned.

sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

Kevin-V didn't give this game a fair chance. I mean, it has big bosses! And-an...and it gets harder and faster when you level up and progress through the game!

You're biased man...biased! You were suppose to let the lemmings win!

Haha j/k It's just that I can't believe I've been owned. :cry:

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

[QUOTE="rocoswav"]so will there still be a trilogy??Ragnarok1051

If I were the head of Silicon Knights, Id say "screw the trilogy!" and move on to a next-gen Eternal Darkness.