Too Human Discussion Thread - Keep it Here (Or Face Suspension)!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

humber_matus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 humber_matus
Member since 2007 • 2101 Posts
[QUOTE="humber_matus"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Serves Silicon Knights right haha, they should have just done Eternal Darkness 2 and stuck with Nintendo. ;)Cyberfairy

amen.

You guys are pathetic. Laughing at the devlopers that have worked their ass of in 4 years? People like you don't deserve to play games.

no ... i respect the developers i just dislike dennis.

-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 -Ninja_Dog-
Member since 2005 • 4197 Posts

Not a Lemming... but I am OWNED!

I predicted AAA..... ouch!

I wonder if Dennis Dyack is cleaning is automatic rifle right now?

Veterngamer

If you prediticed AAA, then its safe to say you don't follow games at all.

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
[QUOTE="dracula_16"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]It deserves a much higher score than that. I mean, lets face it, there simply aren't very many other games on the platform anything like Too Human. It is a first among its colleagues, and as much as anyone dislikes the game, and as much as the different reviews around the internet tend to mistate things and contradict each other, this game deserves much higher.Vandalvideo

An original game doesn't equal a good game.

An original game should be review based on games in the same genre, same platform. Too Human is a first among colleagues, regardless of how much anyone may hate it.

If that's the case.

Game deserves a 10.

How could the system be so WRONG!?

spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

Flopalopasaurus.

Waits for the following:

• It's misunderstood.... by everyone, (a game that only a few can appreciate, you must get to know it).
  • The reviewing system of the videogame industry is broken, it can't appreciate such a unique, genre bending game.
  • You must learn to love yourself before you can love Too Human.
  • There is no review score, there is no spoon.

Hoobinator

Lol, ah yes... I always felt like I should have told those guys to stop it but whatever... I have never cared about review scores when purchasing a game so this doesn't effect me at all. If you love the game then why should you even care what review it gets. Just makes that person look like an idiot and set himself up for ownage.

Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
I hope Duke Nukem Forever doesn't end up being rushed like Too Human, athough it's fairly likely.DarkQuark
I lol'd
RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 RuprechtMonkey
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

Flopalopasaurus.

Waits for the following:

• It's misunderstood.... by everyone, (a game that only a few can appreciate, you must get to know it).
  • The reviewing system of the videogame industry is broken, it can't appreciate such a unique, genre bending game.
  • You must learn to love yourself before you can love Too Human.
  • There is no review score, there is no spoon.

Hoobinator

Subrosian is busy as we speak, I'm sure, suriously typing a long-winded and extremely pretentious post that covers all of these, and why we "Peons" just don't get Too Human.

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
Lower than I expected and I had very low expectations. I called 6.5. The demo was utter garbage though so I'm not suprised.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

Cows still own the biggest flop.

Too Human >> Lair

-Ninja_Dog-

Sheep have TP and Hermits have Doom 3. Both of which were huge. :|

To the GAF! Must witness teh trolling.

Tiamat_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Tiamat_Zero
Member since 2004 • 261 Posts
Haha, I told you.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#60 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
If that's the case. Game deserves a 10. How could the system be so WRONG!?inertk
You should try reading the gamespot review faq some time. 10 would assume that the game is the best it could have been at release. I'm not going to sit here and pretend this game was perfect, but to compare it to things like Devil May Cry and Diablo is straight up wrong.
t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#61 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts
[QUOTE="dracula_16"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]It deserves a much higher score than that. I mean, lets face it, there simply aren't very many other games on the platform anything like Too Human. It is a first among its colleagues, and as much as anyone dislikes the game, and as much as the different reviews around the internet tend to mistate things and contradict each other, this game deserves much higher.Vandalvideo

An original game should be review based on games in the same genre, same platform. Too Human is a first among colleagues, regardless of how much anyone may hate it.

These games don't exactly exist in a vacuum.

But Gamespot has generally always been more harsh than other review sources.

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts
lol where is your god now!!! Lol at SScycborg who said at the IGN review thread the he was waiting for someone who actually liked the game to review it. This may not be on the same scale of Lair, but still frakin Hillarious. GhostMLD must be rolling in his banned grave.
pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts
What now with 2 and 3?
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

Hey, you know what'd be funny? If Denis Dyak came in here again and starts flaming rofl.

But I didn't expect a 5.5...seriously.

Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts

Lemms must be very desperate for games to play on their console to say they are going to buy this flop/trash game. I guess they already got bored of Halo 3.Hitman533

Unlike you, other people actually play games they like themselves and not what other people think. And secondly, lemmings have more games to play then cows :lol:

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#67 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16026 Posts
[QUOTE="dracula_16"]

A good concept is irrelevant when the game is lousy. You're just trying to justify hyping a bad game.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#68 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts
[QUOTE="humber_matus"]

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Serves Silicon Knights right haha, they should have just done Eternal Darkness 2 and stuck with Nintendo. ;)Cyberfairy

amen.

You guys are pathetic. Laughing at the devlopers that have worked their ass of in 4 years? People like you don't deserve to play games.

Paleeese! :roll: Ten years not enough time to make a good game?
RuprechtMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 RuprechtMonkey
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts
[QUOTE="dracula_16"]

Well look on the bright side, once it becomes painfully apparent this cause you've taken up is just as silly as the rest of 'em you can fall back the the good ole recent standby - bashing Bethesda.

Flamestos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Flamestos
Member since 2004 • 2487 Posts
10 years in concept and 4 years in development and it almost scores in the lair range. I knew this game wasn't going to do well when Dennis tried to own fanboys by saying Too Human would be better then Lair and Haze like thats something special...
Avatar image for scoobiesnackarf
scoobiesnackarf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 scoobiesnackarf
Member since 2005 • 1559 Posts
I think if this should teach us anything it is DON'T HYPE GAMES! Lair flopped, Too Human flopped, etc... Let us wait until its OUT before we call it great. I for one am happy it has flopped not because of lemmings, the 360 but simply for Dennis Dyack. The idiot has hyped this game as the game to end all games and it has blown up in his face. He needs to shut more and create a good game.
LOXO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 LOXO7
Member since 2008 • 5595 Posts
I think most people were bashing the game because of Silicon Knights dispute with Epic. And anyone going against a great game maker is in for some trouble. But 5.5 daaaaaaaaaaamn. :lol: i never would of thought of that, ::the review isnt up yet? :(::
Khoaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Khoaki
Member since 2007 • 881 Posts
Why did this game get so much hype in the first place? I knew it was bland the first time I saw it..
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

Not a Lemming... but I am OWNED!

I predicted AAA..... ouch!

I wonder if Dennis Dyack is cleaning is automatic rifle right now?

Veterngamer

atleast your man enough to admit it, few people here are able to

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
fair score.
Rockclmbr6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Rockclmbr6
Member since 2004 • 3232 Posts
Hmm, for a 5.5 that review sounded a little more 7.0ish to me. But I don't really care as I didn't hype this game at alllll. I did enjoy the demo somewhat though so maybe I'll borrow it from a friend or something.

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
Super ouch. The game seemed waaay more playable than a 5.5, but then again its possible that the game falls apart after the demo section.
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts

What now with 2 and 3? pins_basic

sales will determine that. considering too human was the most downloaded demo on xbl ever I think the game will sell pretty good.

Link256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Link256
Member since 2005 • 29195 Posts

I think IGN review is good example of why words are more important than score, because listening to the reviewer, sure in the hell does not sound as if it is "7.8."

FirstDiscovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 FirstDiscovery
Member since 2008 • 5508 Posts

Its pulled an Assassins Creed, great ideas, flawed and shallow execution

Either way, both games i can see having fantastic sequels

Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#81 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
A good concept is irrelevant when the game is lousy. You're just trying to justify hyping a bad game.dracula_16
I *never* hyped Too Human. I've merely pointed out the flaws in the way that the media is looking at the game. For all intents and purposes this game IS a first among colleagues. What else is there in this genre on the consoles that are so much better that this game would warrant a 5.5?
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

From the review...

"There are further idiosyncrasies to note, including awkward camera angles and the occasional glitch (for example, doors that won't open when you approach them, but open if you leave and return)."

lol at Silicon Knights not being able to program "opening a door" right....something that has been in videogames for 25+ years...

What a mess this game is. Lemmings hyping this AA :lol:

This is worse than the Advent Rising fiasco because Too Human had more hype.

JakeTD21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#83 JakeTD21
Member since 2007 • 1631 Posts
First big flop for lemmings. This sucks I was kinda looking forward to this.
Utensilman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Utensilman
Member since 2006 • 1571 Posts
Looks like i was super owned, hyped it AAAAA for an 11/10
NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts
[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"][QUOTE="dracula_16"]

[QUOTE="Vandalvideo"]It deserves a much higher score than that. I mean, lets face it, there simply aren't very many other games on the platform anything like Too Human. It is a first among its colleagues, and as much as anyone dislikes the game, and as much as the different reviews around the internet tend to mistate things and contradict each other, this game deserves much higher.t3hTwinky

These games don't exactly exist in a vacuum.

But Gamespot has generally always been more harsh than other review sources.

What?? When MGS4 got reviewed lems said Gamespot standards were so low. Don't be a hypocrite.

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

[QUOTE="inertk"]If that's the case. Game deserves a 10. How could the system be so WRONG!?Vandalvideo
You should try reading the gamespot review faq some time. 10 would assume that the game is the best it could have been at release. I'm not going to sit here and pretend this game was perfect, but to compare it to things like Devil May Cry and Diablo is straight up wrong.

Didn't Dennis himself do those things?

" An original game should be review based on games in the same genre, same platform. Too Human is a first among colleagues"

You yourself said that. Too Human is apparently the first... Unopposed, automatically the best. According to you, not the best it could have been at release.

Don't know what you mean by that. Sure Too Human could have been better, 4.5points better, LOL of course not. But it doesn't get points because.... Oh wait, it's worse than Phantasy Star Universe going by GS.

Awesome.

senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
bwahaha, those 3 specific posters on here are owned hard. I knew this was coming...terrible demo esually equates to terrible game
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts
Didn't expect much higher, although that does seem a little low. Be prepared for people to say it's the most underrated game of the generation...
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 SSCyborg

lol where is your god now!!! Lol at SScycborg who said at the IGN review thread the he was waiting for someone who actually liked the game to review it. This may not be on the same scale of Lair, but still frakin Hillarious. GhostMLD must be rolling in his banned grave.NoobisMaxcimus

You are not worthy to mention his name.

-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 -Ninja_Dog-

Super ouch. The game seemed waaay more playable than a 5.5, but then again its possible that the game falls apart after the demo section.DrinkDuff

It was cool.

But the targeting was hit and miss.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#91 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts
i can't belive it, with the better line up alot of the 360 owners were using it as ammo i wonder how it'll turn out in future threads
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#92 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

:D

Can't wait for release day!

slystallion26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 slystallion26
Member since 2005 • 819 Posts
everybody relax...theres a lot of games coming out on both systems this holiday...multiplats and good exclusives...
spike6566

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 spike6566
Member since 2008 • 1630 Posts

I feel really sorry for SK, they had a track record of making good games. but now that track record went to crap. SK keep your heads up, i know your next project will own. I have a feeling that KZ2 is going to own, because KZ 1 didnt do to well. ppl fall, but we get back up and try harder.

Foxhound_spy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Foxhound_spy
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts

I proudly declare Too Human as THE BIGGEST FLOP IN SW HISTORY :lol::lol::lol

Although this game got higher score than LAIR but to think that this game have 9 years in development and ended up like this..... What a mess :cry::cry::lol:....... Yet hillarious

TOO HUMAN = TOO FLOP

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 SSCyborg

:D

Can't wait for release day!

subrosian

The smiley face made me lol.

I don't know why.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

What?? When MGS4 got reviewed lems said Gamespot standards were so low.

NoobisMaxcimus
LOL. Funny, isn't it? But to be serious, GS has more than one reviewer and they're all pretty much interchangeable.
-Ninja_Dog-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 -Ninja_Dog-

Didn't expect much higher, although that does seem a little low. Be prepared for people to say it's the most underrated game of the generation...Saturos3091

If you read the preview here on GS , they sound like that can't get enough of it.

Which is pretty confusing.

leejohnson7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 leejohnson7
Member since 2007 • 2909 Posts
Where is the actual review? Every time I click the "read review" it just refreshes the page.
SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 SSCyborg

I proudly declare Too Human as THE BIGGEST FLOP IN SW HISTORY :lol::lol::lol

Although this game got higher score than LAIR but to think that this game have 9 years in development and ended up like this..... What a mess :cry::cry::lol:....... Yet hillarious

TOO HUMAN = TOO FLOP

Foxhound_spy

You haven't been round SW for long have you?