Titanfall alpha footage [updated]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#351 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

@tormentos said:

Ok bro Alpha game 2 months from launch...lol

*sigh*

You're labouring under the assumption that these are the final graphics due to it releasing in two months, when the alternative is that they scaled the graphics as they are solely testing their system. What's with all these Hasty Generalization fallacies? A dude was using them yesterday as well.

WTF who does that man who scale graphics back,never in my life i reach such a stupid thing as holding back the graphics for testing,you either have problems with the game or your hiding something,2 months from launch calling Alpha crap is to hide the fact that this game look like sh**,there hasn't been any footage showing this game looking pretty not a single one,and i think it will not change.

@lundy86_4 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Do they really scale graphics two months before launch? Because that doesn't seem to be a very good indicator of how the game will play IMO.

We don't know. That's kind of the point.

And you accuse me of assuming when you just did the same..lol Epic.

@lostrib said:

Yeah they do, both BF4 and BF3 betas didn't have max graphics, and they were like a month before the game released. And I would guess that the alpha people are testing now isn't even the most current build.

Didn't have max setting,but they look far far from crap like Titanfall does,and has ever do there is great footage of BF4 before the beta,so even is they didn't have max setting on the beta not Alpha,you know how the games look because you were show.

titanfall has always had dull graphics always,also high on BF4 and BF4 look almost identical to max settings.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#352  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61488 Posts

@lostrib said:

Yeah they do, both BF4 and BF3 betas didn't have max graphics, and they were like a month before the game released. And I would guess that the alpha people are testing now isn't even the most current build.

Doing more research, the Alpha download size is 3.6GB on the X1, so it makes sense that they'd limit it, in order to squash the download size.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#353 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61488 Posts

@tormentos said:

WTF who does that man who scale graphics back,never in my life i reach such a stupid thing as holding back the graphics for testing,you either have problems with the game or your hiding something,2 months from launch calling Alpha crap is to hide the fact that this game look like sh**,there hasn't been any footage showing this game looking pretty not a single one,and i think it will not change.

And you accuse me of assuming when you just did the same..lol Epic.

Didn't have max setting,but they look far far from crap like Titanfall does,and has ever do there is great footage of BF4 before the beta,so even is they didn't have max setting on the beta not Alpha,you know how the games look because you were show.

titanfall has always had dull graphics always,also high on BF4 and BF4 look almost identical to max settings.

Note what lostrib just said. DICE did the same with BF4. I didn't assume, I put forth an alternative, which you weren't taking into account... Here's another: they did this to limit the download size. You are rushing into a conclusion, whereas I have given alternatives, thus you are putting forth a fallacious argument.

The fact of the matter is, you are drawing a conclusion (largely due to your bias), because it paints Respawn/Titanfall in a negative light. I tell you what, let's wait and see how the final release looks, and see who can get their big-ass foot in their mouth, eh? I'm a size 12.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#354 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

If this game wins best graphics of the year like MW and MW2 did rofl.

raging_user

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#355 raging_user
Member since 2013 • 467 Posts

i thought the shit graphics were already to be expected from the COD devs? it's like hoping for an uber lighting graphics mod for Counter Strike or Dark Souls.

It would be nice, but no one would care either way.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#356 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

Hard to judge anything based on alpha footage, but that enemy AI... man that was bad. Hopefully issues will be ironed out for release.

While the game looks fun as hell, and ill be getting it regardless. Im not sure if its going to be my cup of tea and get my competitive juices flowing to hook me like other multiplayer games. Definitely seemed like way too much player vs bot action. If they had a smaller bot free game mode similar to Battlefield 3 CQ, i would probably be creaming myself.

The movement and fluidity of motion looks amazing though, and glad to see it matches up with the choreographed demos. Definitely looks like it gonna be a runaway hit for the masses even if it isnt ultra competitive enough for me to personally sink hundreds of hours into it.... it undoubtedly will be a fun distraction. Either way im psyched for the game and it cant get here soon enough as far as im concerned.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#357  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@tormentos: So what you are saying is that if Titanfall is great that somehow diminishes Halo also being great????

Oh Tormy you are so cute when you have no point.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#358  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12063 Posts

@LJS9502_basic: You are showing a preview of what will happen when the game scores a 9. I already see the excuses and the meltdown when Titanfall scores an 9.

W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#359  Edited By W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Is this game being sold at full price?

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#360  Edited By ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

@W1NGMAN- said:

yes it is, but GS doesn't care about SP and value when it comes to X1 games.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#361 tormentos

@kuu2 said:

@tormentos: So what you are saying is that if Titanfall is great that somehow diminishes Halo also being great????

Oh Tormy you are so cute when you have no point.

No that is what your saying that Titanfall will better than Halo,unless you want to retract now,Halo 5 is say to be out this year,and you say Titanfall will be the best shooter of the year,so Halo 5 has already been top by another multiplatform,.?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#362 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Damn, you never go full Tormentos.

Big_Pecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#363  Edited By Big_Pecks
Member since 2010 • 5973 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@LJS9502_basic: You are showing a preview of what will happen when the game scores a 9. I already see the excuses and the meltdown when Titanfall scores an 9.

That's weird, I don't think there's any footage of this game around that could be considered good.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#364 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

Haters gonna hate, but this game is going to be one of the defining games of the gen. It plays great and has a very fast tempo. Those comparing it to COD are gonna look foolish. About the only thing it has similar to COD is the fact that you have a gun. I doubted the game just looking at footage, but it is the real deal.

MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#365 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts

Where is the 360 version?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#366 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@lhughey said:

Haters gonna hate, but this game is going to be one of the defining games of the gen. It plays great and has a very fast tempo. Those comparing it to COD are gonna look foolish. About the only thing it has similar to COD is the fact that you have a gun. I doubted the game just looking at footage, but it is the real deal.

Lol only having a gun, the gunplay (what 90% of a shooter is about) is identical, same art style and colour palette, same animations and even the same font on the HUD.

If someone had told me this was the next CoD game set in the future i wouldn't even question them off the footage.

BlessedChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#367 BlessedChill
Member since 2013 • 697 Posts

I expect a 7 for this game.

And 82 on metacrtic

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#368 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

IT looks good and I know its gonna look better, its fun as hell, it plays very smooth, nice balance I don't know what else you want. You still talking about 1080p while minecraft is killing anything on the ps3 or the ps4 ooooohhhhh look at the resolution on that game lol yall can keep them stale ass games

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#369 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Guys, this is Xbox 360 footage. Why all this blashing? How about wait and see Titanfall Xbox One and PC version?

Where does it say 360 footage? Has Respawn said whos doing the 360 port?

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#370  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@dotWithShoes said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Guys, this is Xbox 360 footage. Why all this blashing? How about wait and see Titanfall Xbox One and PC version?

my thoughts....everything on titanfall that we have seen so far is from the x1. and didnt respawn say they werent handeling the 360 version personally

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#371  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@_Matt_:

Not sure how speaking truth makes one a fanboy.

I mean its pretty obvious what little skill Microsofts userbase has when their great games sell like shit and their simple ones get as much hype as a Katy Perry or Justin Timberlake song to the point where their entire first party becomes simplistic as well as their third party exclusives. When I enjoyed Xbox, it actually took a bit of skill to play the games. Now they target the kind of audience who will buy an all in one media device and hopefully a Windows Phone.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#372 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Sorry if these are already posted but damn, this is day one purchase.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19x61p_tf_videogames

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19yzeh_tf2_videogames

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19z0fe_tf3_videogames

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19yv4f_titanfall-closed-alpha-gameplay-directfeed_videogames

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#373  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@lhughey said:

Haters gonna hate, but this game is going to be one of the defining games of the gen.

Small player numbers and disposable bots for casuals to shoot at in every MP? No thank you.

With any luck no one will remember this game after two months.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#374  Edited By Murderstyle75

@GrenadeLauncher:

People say this game will be one of the most defining yet nobody will say exactly what makes it defining. All I ever hear is, this game kicks ass or cows are jelly. Can people like lHughey at least tell us what's defining about it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#376  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@silversix_ said:

So,,,,,,,,,,, some nerds (many actually) in the comments were saying that Respawn is using 25% of the resolution (not sure wtf is this supposed to mean lol is the alpha in 480p?) in the alpha!? i'm not sure what this is supposed to mean BUT holy crap did this looked fugly or what? This is GUN quality port we're getting, a cash grab.

They mean 25% of the texture resolution which was announced my respawn/microsoft.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#377 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

@W1NGMAN- said:

MP for ALOT of people has far more value than single player.... time to wake up to reality. biggest games currently are either sandbox (e.g minecraft) or multiplayer games.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#378  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

@W1NGMAN- said:

MP for ALOT of people has far more value than single player.... time to wake up to reality. biggest games currently are either sandbox (e.g minecraft) or multiplayer games.

Just look at battlefield, the original set of games had no single player outside of bot matches. Only the recent games (BF3, BF4) had singleplayer campaigns and they were universally panned.

As for value, I have over 350 hours in BF3 and at least 70 in BF4 so far.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#379  Edited By tormentos

@Tighaman said:

IT looks good and I know its gonna look better, its fun as hell, it plays very smooth, nice balance I don't know what else you want. You still talking about 1080p while minecraft is killing anything on the ps3 or the ps4 ooooohhhhh look at the resolution on that game lol yall can keep them stale ass games

So Indies count again,?

Isn't minecraft old.?

My god 360 fans had nothing to play since 2012...

@stereointegrity said:

@dotWithShoes said:

my thoughts....everything on titanfall that we have seen so far is from the x1. and didnt respawn say they werent handeling the 360 version personally

The game look so sad that lemming confuse the xbox one version with the 360 one...

@gago-gago said:

Sorry if these are already posted but damn, this is day one purchase.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19x61p_tf_videogames

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19yzeh_tf2_videogames

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19z0fe_tf3_videogames

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x19yv4f_titanfall-closed-alpha-gameplay-directfeed_videogames

Who ever believe this game isn't Call of Duty with robots is fooling them self wow...

Down to the way they introduce stages this game is COD,no wonder critics fell for it,COD with robots and high jumps...lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#380  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@tormentos: Game age matters now? I suppose it does to cows that only have "AAA" 10 hour games. but to the rest of the community GREAT games can be played for years.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#381 tormentos
@MBirdy88 said:

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

@W1NGMAN- said:

Yes but all those big games have a single player campaign mode,in fact COD is actually more complete that many games out there,not all they time people play online,some play zombie some play campaign some play spec ops offline.

This game will carry a $60 dollar price when is half a game hell not even half i dare say compare to what COD comes pack in,and i am sure it will be full of micro transactions to.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#382 tormentos

@MBirdy88 said:

@tormentos: Game age matters now? I suppose it does to cows that only have "AAA" 10 hour games. but to the rest of the community GREAT games can be played for years.

What is your point dude,because if you are referring to my post where i ask if Indies count again,is because lemmings have months pretending they don't count..

And not he hides on Minecraft which is the game i use to counter the whole argument about Indies don't count.

Funny enough the PS3 was the top console for 2013 game wise.

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#383 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@always_explicit said:

Looks fun, why are people talking about resolution on an alpha build. Makes zero sense.

Butthurt PS4 fanboys which are waiting for infamous LOLLL.

@DefconRave said:

Doesn't feel like he's piloting a mech, more like a giant version of himself. At least give the illusion of weight/heft to the mech, not the same twitchy cod shooting as a normal grunt.

Looks good for some quick mp sessions with friends but not something I would spend $60 on.

you need to add Xbox One price aswell, since you dont even own it. *fanboy alert*

When they showed Titanfall then everyone said its coming on all platforms. Everyone were like: "Hell yeah. This game looks good. I can´t wait."

Then when they said it will be PC and Xbox 360 and Xbox One exclusives then suddenly 50% people were like: "Oops. I dident mean that this game is good. This game looks so bad, low textures, low res. I would never buy this game"

Can someone explain me why is that so?

the answer is im pretty sure you are making stuff up because titan fall was announced as a microsoft exclusive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#384  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@tormentos said:
@MBirdy88 said:

@ZoomZoom2490 said:

@W1NGMAN- said:

Yes but all those big games have a single player campaign mode,in fact COD is actually more complete that many games out there,not all they time people play online,some play zombie some play campaign some play spec ops offline.

This game will carry a $60 dollar price when is half a game hell not even half i dare say compare to what COD comes pack in,and i am sure it will be full of micro transactions to.

Its not half the game though,,, thats your opinion based on "What you expecT" not what is fact.

as pointed out already, been pleanty of full price MP only shooters in the past. before the time of craptastic michael bay 6 hourcampaigns which suck and then most of the community complain that the resources would of been better spent on bettering the MP.

oh sure people play the SP ... because its there, then you have that minority (or far less people than the MP fans) of say CoD that buy the games for just the SP.... they could remove the SP and still retain 90% of the sales, I gaurentee it.

You think 99% of the people bought BF4 because of its campaign? no .... i'd be suprised if 1% gave a damn.... utter tripe.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#385 Murderstyle75

@lostrib:

Yet Battlefield didn't realistically start doing well until single player was added. If multiplayer is the only thing people are doing in the popular games, why would any company focus on single player? Wouldn't they save millions? And show me a multiplayer only $60 release to ever do exceptionally well.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#386 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

LMAO.

It literally is CoD with mechs .... it even LOOKS similar.....

just with moevement speed sped up a bit and afew trick jumps.

friggin cod.

no interest, wll not ever get an X1, will not buy on PC.

dont care if you morons on these forums get a 9 out of this game and brag abotu it for the next 10 years.

utter deathmatch cod garbage.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#388  Edited By Murderstyle75

@sts106mat:

I think its more about pissing off obsessed drones than it has to do with talking about the game. At least with me anyway. Skyrim sucked too. Still didn't stop me from making fun of people who glorify sandbox games with fast travel, GPS and a very newbish leveling system.

And I guess we could ask a similar question. Why are Lems on here worshipping a game all weekend they have never even played or seen close to a final product for instead of using their $500 all in one entertainment box ?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#389 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

I suppose Titanfall would be great.... if you couldn't mistake it for the other 40 shooters on the market.

gamers... complain about variety.... buy cod slightly sped up with mechs.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#390  Edited By megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

Even without playing it, i can see how and why people are hyped for this game. It really bears the hallmark of what made COD great and then some, like the way it treats vertical warfare with such pace is unmatched and the sense of each players feeling empowered by their own Titan is really good. My friend played it at Gamescom and wont shut up about it, like the game is just really good.

People who dislike it either have yet to play it or seem to have a misunderstanding of how the game plays, yes it is similar to COD but thats just all they share, similarity of pace and shooting, the other layers of this game raises it well above COD in everyway

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#392 Murderstyle75

@sts106mat:

Better than glorifying a game you know very little about like an obsessed little fanboy.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#393 GrenadeLauncher

@MBirdy88 said:

I suppose Titanfall would be great.... if you couldn't mistake it for the other 40 shooters on the market.

gamers... complain about variety.... buy cod slightly sped up with mechs.

lol yep. Reminds me of Eurogamer Expo: people whine about the yearly FPS multiplayer grind release and what was voted the three most popular games there? Call of Duty Ghosts, Battlefield 4 and Titanfall.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#395  Edited By Murderstyle75

@sts106mat:

Spent most of my weekend at the bar actually.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#397 Murderstyle75

@GrenadeLauncher:

I don't think the same people who are complaining are the same people buying considering there are probably about 140 million Xbox and playstation gamers who don't buy COD.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#398 GrenadeLauncher
@Murderstyle75 said:

@GrenadeLauncher:

I don't think the same people who are complaining are the same people buying considering there are probably about 140 million Xbox and playstation gamers who don't buy COD.

Even so, at the same time there are many COD fanboys bored of COD who are now flocking to Titanfall which is the same as COD. What's that all about?

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#399 Murderstyle75

@GrenadeLauncher:

And I don't consider those people to be gamers to begin with.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#400 Murderstyle75

@sts106mat:

Nope. This past hour or so is my first time posting in this thread since over 24 hours ago