Titanfall alpha footage [updated]

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#451 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Your going to have a percentage of people who do not have a platform the game is on. Some will not like it because it does not appeal to them. Some will bash the game because it looks good to them but they ave loyalty to a specific platform.

It will not be released on my PS4, but that's where my pc comes into play,

The game looks fun. I am still on the fence. I will have to see final build reviews and gameplay before I commit to the game, but that is how I treat every game.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#452  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@kuu2 said:

GOTY...........

Can't wait to play it on The One.

Scores will be in the 9s and some 10s. Lots of Cows will be Jelly and many, many Ones will be bundled and sold with the launch of the this game.

lol GOTY? HAhahahahahahahahahahah. Also for what? The cost of $600 dollars? LOL. Sure that'll sell like hotcakes!

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453 BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

@Wasdie said:

That ended up killing any interest I had in the game.

They took all of these unique features and put them together in such a way to make them play out exactly like CoD. I was expecting something a bit more unique.

Agreed, just like in COD its just a bunch of people laying C4 down in a doorway and camping in a headglitch spots. Absolutely no movement, just advancing cover and slowly turning corners while ADS crouching. They even copied the same mechs from COD and the fact they decided to add in mech headglitch spots just blows my mind.

But seriously, people comparing this to COD are straight up smoking the rock. This looks absolutely nothing like COD. All the bunny hopping/dodging and platforming gives me a strong Quake/Unreal vibe.... plus there isnt chest high cover on every corner..... which is getting me hot.

Titanfall looks like battlefield and quake had a baby. Anyone that thinks this looks just like COD must think all FPS games look just like COD or are completely out of their mind.

BeardMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#454  Edited By BeardMaster
Member since 2012 • 1686 Posts

@spy2828 said:

Let me guess, 95% of people playing MP FPS these days are teens whose first game was CoD4 which "defined FPS genre" "the roots of MP FPS" xD

Funny stuff, keep playing FPS games on consoles without recoil, as small skill gap as possible etc.

You realize real old school arena shooters have no recoil and pinpoint accurate hipfire right? and they are easily the most skill based shooters in existence.

Having your gun bouncing all over the place just removes the element of skill and adds to the element of luck. A gun with pinpoint accuracy means if you are a centimeter off, you miss... which guarantees, all else equal, the person with the best aim wins everytime... vs 2 people bouncing their gun all over the place in the general direction of each other and letting luck decide the victor.

The faster the gameplay and the more accurate the weapons, the more skill based the gameplay.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#455 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@SEANMCAD said:

@anab0lic said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

Ok so Titanfall won Best of Show, Best Original Game, Best Console Game, Best PC Game, Best Action Game, and Best Online Multiplayer at the E3 Game Critics awards. It also cleaned up at TGS, PAX and Gamescom. Do the trolls here really think they are going to squash the hype on this game? The people who voted for this game to win all of these awards ACTUALLY PLAYED the game. I think I will take their word for it over Tormentos.

Just because a game has lots of hype and a huge marketing campaign doesnt mean it will definitely turn out great....

and if it does turn out bad to bland I hope that is the day people will look to other places to get game reviews

???? Everybody from IGN to Giantbomb praised Titanfall. Where else do you want people to go for game reviews? Playstation Monthly?

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456  Edited By Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts

@GoldenElementXL:

They could go someplace without a simplistic mainstream opinion? Using those sites for game reviews. Using these sites for game reviews is like basing your music purchases off the MTV VMA Awards.

Hyped games like Titanfall is how these sites make their money.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#458 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4864 Posts

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@lostrib:

Yet Battlefield didn't realistically start doing well until single player was added. If multiplayer is the only thing people are doing in the popular games, why would any company focus on single player? Wouldn't they save millions? And show me a multiplayer only $60 release to ever do exceptionally well.

The Main battlefield series wasn't really multiplat until BF3. And BF2 sold a million in its first month, which was pretty good for a PC exclusive at the time. And who knows why they added single player, maybe to show off fancy frostbite graphics and compete with cod. Let's see $60 multiplayer release to do exceptionally well? Well there are $50 dollar ones since that was the price at the time. WoW, GW2/GW. But honestly, the fact is that many people buy games like Battlefield and COD simply for the multiplayer without ever feeling a need to touch the singleplayer so why not cut it out.

Total lie BF2 was $39.99 dude not $50....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/06/19/battlefield-2

And certainly not $60 like Titanfall will be,on and on those times there wasn't abusive nickel and dime like now there is.

@GoldenElementXL said:

Ok so Titanfall won Best of Show, Best Original Game, Best Console Game, Best PC Game, Best Action Game, and Best Online Multiplayer at the E3 Game Critics awards. It also cleaned up at TGS, PAX and Gamescom. Do the trolls here really think they are going to squash the hype on this game? The people who voted for this game to win all of these awards ACTUALLY PLAYED the game. I think I will take their word for it over Tormentos.

The fact that this game won best original game basically kill any notion that this game is even been seen fairly vs other games and that is just been rated because is Respawn new game and they make COD 4 so the game most be great.

WTF does Titanfall has that is original,is a FPS from the creators of COD4,in the same style of COD,with mech robots (killzone say high) crappy gun recoil and fast gameplay like COD.

There is nothing fu**ing original about this game nothing,because even bots have been done before to death.

Now i get the game seem fun in the same COD sense of fun,but original GTFO no way in hell.

Please feel free to point in what regard Titanfall is original..

@lhughey said:

You should listen to the guys talking in the lobby of a game. Almost everyone who's played the game talks about how impressive the game is. I was on the fence about this game, but after playing it, I'm sold 100%. Check my post history, I'm not one to hype games just because they're popular or to be a fanboi. But this game is gonna be a gen defining game.

And to touch on the point of it being like COD... This quote was copied for a guy on Neogaf. He summed up my some of my thoughts perfectly.

Originally Posted by Garrett 2U at http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97807070&postcount=673

Having played a bunch of TitanFall and a ton of COD, here is my opinion on the gameplay...

Don't judge it by watching a video of someone who is new to the game.

Once you learn how to play, you're not just standing still shooting at players like in COD.

People who have learned the game a bit more actually use jump, thrusters, and wall running while in gunfights.

When I'm using a shotgun and a guy is a bit out of my range shooting at me, I don't spray at him or hide... I jump onto the wall, run on it towards him gaining momentum, jump off it, jetpack behind him, and destroy him.

When there's an enemy in a window, I don't go inside the building, run up the stairs while checking for claymores... I run up the wall to the window, jump backwards and shoot him through the window while in mid air.

When I'm pinned in a hallway, out numbered in a gunfight, I don't turn around and try to outrun them down the hall or drop to the ground and spray&pray, I wall jump up the walls of the hallway, onto the roof and gain a new perspective.

If I'm in a fight on the street and I see two players, I don't need to hide to get the jump on them. I kill one of them, jump while the other is turning on me, Jetpack when he starts to aim, and then kill him too.

It does not play like COD once you learn the movement system, and that contributes heavily to the gunplay.

And that doesn't even include the Titan vs Titan stuff, or Titan vs Pilot, which are all completely unique as well.

Dude this game is COD i saw all the videos the recoil almost the same,and even the presentation scream COD all over,the only thing that set this game apart is the high jumps walk running and robots.

Once you learn to play lol all the videos show clearly this game scream COD,which is what EA really want to begin with something to try to steal players from COD.

OK. If you say so. I'm going to fire up some TF right now. I couldn't care less about trying to change the opinion of someone who's going to argue about something they've yet to experience. Even if you did play it and thought differently, you probably wouldn't admit.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#459  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@always_explicit:

You still can't prove systems wouldn't have sold otherwise without the game bundled. You also can't prove how well the game would have sold on its own.

I had this argument with a drone on Xbox.com about a year ago where I showed him comparisons of games with bundled and non bundled installments. With each game, the non bundled installment sold substantially lower and in some cases, the bundled installment sold a few million copies while the non bundled installment struggled to hit 500k. In a couple instances, the same game had a bundle for one console and no bundle for another. The version without the bundle was a flop while the version with the bundle sold excellent. This was with one of the Lego Batmans If I remember correctly.

This is precisely why I said I wasnt going to get drawn into a subjective argument. Good games help push consoles. Consoles push themselves. Bad games bundled with consoles dont necessarily hinder sales of that bundle. There are many variables and no hard and fast rules. My point was Titanfall will be a system seller, it will undoubtedly be a contributing factor for some people when deciding what console to buy and when.

Several people on these forums are "waiting for games" before they buy a next gen console. I wouldnt mind betting a decent amount of them will wait for a Titanfall bundle. This is my point. Its a simple one. Not really worthy of debate.

Omega-316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 Omega-316
Member since 2011 • 981 Posts

As someone who dislikes the Xbone, I think this game will be fun. Just non-stop action, and crazyness. BUT, games like that tend to become repetitive after a while for me. It's like watching some senseless action movie. It fun to watch for the explosions and ridiculousness but that's pretty much it. Its just not the game to keep me invested and trying to perfect the game. Especially when the game is 6 on 6 with a whole lot of bots running around like idiots designed to make players feel good about them selves by getting easy kills.

I will play it on my 360. Keeping it old school. ;)

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 Murderstyle75

@always_explicit:

Its still no gaurentee this game is going to be great though and everybody is jumping the gun. Just because Titanfall got good reception doesn't mean it won't be boring in a week. I mean haven't you ever played a well received game only for the fun factor to wear off quick? The whole bot thing could very well ruin the whole game when it comes to any sort of long term enjoyment. Hell. If they couldn't do better than 6 vs 6, they should have just kept it 6 vs 6 without AI which is absoutely meaningless in multiplayer regardless of how they react. One of the best multiplayer shooters I ever played was only 4 vs 4.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#462  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@Murderstyle75 said:

@always_explicit:

Its still no gaurentee this game is going to be great though and everybody is jumping the gun. Just because Titanfall got good reception doesn't mean it won't be boring in a week. I mean haven't you ever played a well received game only for the fun factor to wear off quick? The whole bot thing could very well ruin the whole game when it comes to any sort of long term enjoyment. Hell. If they couldn't do better than 6 vs 6, they should have just kept it 6 vs 6 without AI which is absoutely meaningless in multiplayer regardless of how they react. One of the best multiplayer shooters I ever played was only 4 vs 4.

To be honest with you I have never been one to board the hype train so to speak...with any game. The proof is usually in the pudding as you said. I couldnt defend the positive reception the game has received until I have tried it myself. I do believe that the positive praise thus far must have come from somewhere. I think Titanfall obviously has AN appeal. As you said...whether it has longevity and the other ingredients to make it a real impacting series remains to be seen.

Its too early to fall in love with Titanfall but its certainly too early to write it off.

As for the 6 v 6 again im gonna put my faith in the hands of those that spent time with this game, I like to think that enough variables have been tested that this is the perfect balance.

A bit of a sit on the fence response I admit but until we really get to see Tfall in action I cant lean either way. Im optimistic.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

titanfall will be GOTY in 2014

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 Murderstyle75

@always_explicit:

And realistically I'm not trying to write it off. My opinion on the subject is more fueled by mindless posts like the one above this one from darkangel115. Its like every Xbox One came included with a crystal ball. Meanwhile I believe the best 2014 games from both Microsoft and Sony will be shown off at E3. I also wonder, if Titanfall is going to be as good as they say, why a spring release when game sales start to drop? One would assume that if its really going to be GOTY 2014, they would want it fresh for the holiday like a Halo, COD or a Battlefield. Instead you could see a game who's holiday sales are lost to the preowned market.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#466 darkangel115

@Murderstyle75 said:

@always_explicit:

And realistically I'm not trying to write it off. My opinion on the subject is more fueled by mindless posts like the one above this one from darkangel115. Its like every Xbox One came included with a crystal ball. Meanwhile I believe the best 2014 games from both Microsoft and Sony will be shown off at E3. I also wonder, if Titanfall is going to be as good as they say, why a spring release when game sales start to drop? One would assume that if its really going to be GOTY 2014, they would want it fresh for the holiday like a Halo, COD or a Battlefield. Instead you could see a game who's holiday sales are lost to the preowned market.

how is it mindless? how do you know i haven't played it for like 30 hours already?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

COD with mechs just like we have been telling lems since it was revealed.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#469 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

Truly looks horrible.. truly. Add in the fact there are bots... and... well...

I am torn though. Part of me thinks it is going to receive decent scores for the whole point of fact that it is the biggest console exclusive to hit for awhile.

However... I expect the servers to be empty and dead within a couple months.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#470 darkangel115

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

its nothing like BF4, CoD, halo etc. playing this game is something completely new to the FPS genre. its sad how you will say its CoD with mechs just because you are anti MS and pro-Sony, yet haven't even played the game. I'm glad I'm not closed minded like you or i would miss out on the best game in a long time

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

its nothing like BF4, CoD, halo etc. playing this game is something completely new to the FPS genre. its sad how you will say its CoD with mechs just because you are anti MS and pro-Sony, yet haven't even played the game. I'm glad I'm not closed minded like you or i would miss out on the best game in a long time

Get out of here with that crap... The game looks and plays exactly like CoD and i don't need to spend 100 hours with the game to know that. You and the usual lem don't want to admit it because its their only title until Fall 2014 and since CoD has a pretty mediocre reputation, they don't want to admit Titanfall's resemblance. Not only looking mediocre from gameplay and graphics point of view but is also a ripoff cuz a multiplayer only title should never cost $60.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#472  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Completely new might be pushing it a bit

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473  Edited By Murderstyle75

@darkangel115:

Because I'm sure you haven't and even if you have, it still doesn't mean anything. Some of the best and most critically acclaimed games have been complete flops.

Also keep in mind that the only FPS to ever receive GOTY on Gamespot was the first Gears of War. That award also wasn't limited to the multiplayer portion of the game and had Gears been multiplayer only, GOTY would have been likely to go someplace else. GOTY could likely go to Destiny or Watchdogs this year. Or maybe even a game that's so far unannounced.

Also keep in mind that a console COD game has rarely ever won GOTY from a major publication or website.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#474 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

@Murderstyle75: Gears wasn't a FPS it was a TPS and it really doesn't play like COD them people who was playing it was playing it like it was COD its from the makers of COD so you knew they was gonna put their patent on it but it really plays different than a COD its balanced between mechs and players is cool fast paced nonstop action it was a heart pumping experience the bots in a nice fuller yall shouldnt really knock it just play it after HAZE,FUSE, MAG and SOCOM4 why not give this a shot?

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475  Edited By Murderstyle75

@Tighaman:

I meant actual shooter but thank you for correcting me. There ya go then. FPS has never won Game of the Year on Gamespot.

And again. I'm not saying Titanfall is gaurenteed to be a horrible game. I'm only stating that I don't see it worthy of all this mindless lemming hype.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 darkangel115

@Murderstyle75 said:

@darkangel115:

Because I'm sure you haven't and even if you have, it still doesn't mean anything. Some of the best and most critically acclaimed games have been complete flops.

Also keep in mind that the only FPS to ever receive GOTY on Gamespot was the first Gears of War. That award also wasn't limited to the multiplayer portion of the game and had Gears been multiplayer only, GOTY would have been likely to go someplace else. GOTY could likely go to Destiny or Watchdogs this year. Or maybe even a game that's so far unannounced.

Also keep in mind that a console COD game has rarely ever won GOTY from a major publication or website.

well i did play it. probably closer to 20 hours then 30 hours, but still i think my point stands. Its the best game play I've been privileged to play probably since the first halo. its the revolutionary.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477  Edited By darkangel115

@silversix_ said:

@darkangel115 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Get out of here with that crap... The game looks and plays exactly like CoD and i don't need to spend 100 hours with the game to know that. You and the usual lem don't want to admit it because its their only title until Fall 2014 and since CoD has a pretty mediocre reputation, they don't want to admit Titanfall's resemblance. Not only looking mediocre from gameplay and graphics point of view but is also a ripoff cuz a multiplayer only title should never cost $60.

but I'm not a lem, I'm a manticore so there goes that theory. I've played enough CoD and BF in my day to know what they feel like. Its amazing how i can have 50+ hours in BF4, 50+ hours in CoD ghosts, and 20+ hours in titanfall and you have 0 time in them all, but you can tell me they are all the same. Its sad how much cows are jealous of this game, Maybe you should just grow up

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 silversix_

@darkangel115 said:

@silversix_ said:

@darkangel115 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

but I'm not a lem, I'm a manticore so there goes that theory. I've played enough CoD and BF in my day to know what they feel like. Its amazing how i can have 50+ hours in BF4, 50+ hours in CoD ghosts, and 20+ hours in titanfall and you have 0 time in them all, but you can tell me they are all the same. Its sad how much cows are jealous of this game, Maybe you should just grow up

lol i have a 360 AND a rig so if i gave a crap about yet another call of duty with mechs i'd buy it... I have hundreds upon hundreds of hours in BF (especially BC2) so im not sure wtf you mean by saying i have 0 hours lol. Also, not cuz you're a manticore and play cod/bf that it all of a sudden makes Titanfall a none CoD wannabe. Titanfall is the best copy/pasted job of CoD i have seen since devs boarded the MW1 copy/paste train if you can't see that then that's your problem.

iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#479  Edited By iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

@anab0lic said:

Mech of Duty?

I think ill wait a few weeks after this comes out and see what people are saying about it before getting on this bandwagon.

It's Call of Mech

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480  Edited By darkangel115

@silversix_ said:

@darkangel115 said:

@silversix_ said:

@darkangel115 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

lol i have a 360 AND a rig so if i gave a crap about yet another call of duty with mechs i'd buy it... I have hundreds upon hundreds of hours in BF (especially BC2) so im not sure wtf you mean by saying i have 0 hours lol. Also, not cuz you're a manticore and play cod/bf that it all of a sudden makes Titanfall a none CoD wannabe. Titanfall is the best copy/pasted job of CoD i have seen since devs boarded the MW1 copy/paste train if you can't see that then that's your problem.

because you haven't played titanfall and i have, I'd think I'm a better source of info. Its funny how bad the BF4 players were in the alpha, all trying stupid tactics like camping roofs and hiding in corners like they were playing BF and they all got owned. The fact you put so many hours in such a terrible broken game like BF, shows me just how bad your taste in games is. Because B4 is the worst shooter I've played in the past 10+ years by far.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#481  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@_Matt_ said:

I... what?

Where did I bash the Xbox One? This is coming to pc and 360 as well as a multi platform, are you saying that I am bashing pc and 360 too?

You mention logic, but I don't even follow your line of logic, other than blindly calling anyone who dislikes Titanfall a fanboy.

Shhhhhhh!

As far as lemmings are concerned, this is an Xbone exclusive.

No one is saying it's an Xbox One exclusive. However, almost every gaming site says it will be a system seller for Xbox One...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#482 silversix_

@darkangel115: why are u talking about BF4 players and all this shit? Titanfall has insane auto aim so you shouldn't be talking about skill or anything. its a cod clone and it looks like u don't want to accept that. Call of Duty: 2014 Robot Edition. In year 2014 you will be able to hairglitch inside a mech! cannot wait.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 darkangel115

@silversix_ said:

@darkangel115: why are u talking about BF4 players and all this shit? Titanfall has insane auto aim so you shouldn't be talking about skill or anything. its a cod clone and it looks like u don't want to accept that. Call of Duty: 2014 Robot Edition. In year 2014 you will be able to hairglitch inside a mech! cannot wait.

accept what. i already played it and know its amazing. and no it doesn't have "insane auto aim" Nobody even used the smart pistol really. sure it'll help noobs get a few kills here and there but anyone with skill will own a SP user with any other weapons. Even in the alpha forums everyone who rated the game gave it a 9-10/10 and thats based on an alpha only. Some people were complaining about not having a prone i just laughed. pilots are real men/women, they don't prone in bushes like little kiddies

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4864 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@silversix_ said:

accept what. i already played it and know its amazing. and no it doesn't have "insane auto aim" Nobody even used the smart pistol really. sure it'll help noobs get a few kills here and there but anyone with skill will own a SP user with any other weapons. Even in the alpha forums everyone who rated the game gave it a 9-10/10 and thats based on an alpha only. Some people were complaining about not having a prone i just laughed. pilots are real men/women, they don't prone in bushes like little kiddies

Yep. I've seen just one person use the smart pistol. It has such poor range that its not very useful. And lots of fighting in the game is outside where having a longer range weapon is advantageous.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#485 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:

@lostrib said:

@Murderstyle75 said:

@lostrib:

Yet Battlefield didn't realistically start doing well until single player was added. If multiplayer is the only thing people are doing in the popular games, why would any company focus on single player? Wouldn't they save millions? And show me a multiplayer only $60 release to ever do exceptionally well.

The Main battlefield series wasn't really multiplat until BF3. And BF2 sold a million in its first month, which was pretty good for a PC exclusive at the time. And who knows why they added single player, maybe to show off fancy frostbite graphics and compete with cod. Let's see $60 multiplayer release to do exceptionally well? Well there are $50 dollar ones since that was the price at the time. WoW, GW2/GW. But honestly, the fact is that many people buy games like Battlefield and COD simply for the multiplayer without ever feeling a need to touch the singleplayer so why not cut it out.

Total lie BF2 was $39.99 dude not $50....

http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/06/19/battlefield-2

And certainly not $60 like Titanfall will be,on and on those times there wasn't abusive nickel and dime like now there is.

@GoldenElementXL said:

The fact that this game won best original game basically kill any notion that this game is even been seen fairly vs other games and that is just been rated because is Respawn new game and they make COD 4 so the game most be great.

WTF does Titanfall has that is original,is a FPS from the creators of COD4,in the same style of COD,with mech robots (killzone say high) crappy gun recoil and fast gameplay like COD.

There is nothing fu**ing original about this game nothing,because even bots have been done before to death.

Now i get the game seem fun in the same COD sense of fun,but original GTFO no way in hell.

Please feel free to point in what regard Titanfall is original..

@lhughey said:

You should listen to the guys talking in the lobby of a game. Almost everyone who's played the game talks about how impressive the game is. I was on the fence about this game, but after playing it, I'm sold 100%. Check my post history, I'm not one to hype games just because they're popular or to be a fanboi. But this game is gonna be a gen defining game.

And to touch on the point of it being like COD... This quote was copied for a guy on Neogaf. He summed up my some of my thoughts perfectly.

Originally Posted by Garrett 2U at http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=97807070&postcount=673

Having played a bunch of TitanFall and a ton of COD, here is my opinion on the gameplay...

Don't judge it by watching a video of someone who is new to the game.

Once you learn how to play, you're not just standing still shooting at players like in COD.

People who have learned the game a bit more actually use jump, thrusters, and wall running while in gunfights.

When I'm using a shotgun and a guy is a bit out of my range shooting at me, I don't spray at him or hide... I jump onto the wall, run on it towards him gaining momentum, jump off it, jetpack behind him, and destroy him.

When there's an enemy in a window, I don't go inside the building, run up the stairs while checking for claymores... I run up the wall to the window, jump backwards and shoot him through the window while in mid air.

When I'm pinned in a hallway, out numbered in a gunfight, I don't turn around and try to outrun them down the hall or drop to the ground and spray&pray, I wall jump up the walls of the hallway, onto the roof and gain a new perspective.

If I'm in a fight on the street and I see two players, I don't need to hide to get the jump on them. I kill one of them, jump while the other is turning on me, Jetpack when he starts to aim, and then kill him too.

It does not play like COD once you learn the movement system, and that contributes heavily to the gunplay.

And that doesn't even include the Titan vs Titan stuff, or Titan vs Pilot, which are all completely unique as well.

Dude this game is COD i saw all the videos the recoil almost the same,and even the presentation scream COD all over,the only thing that set this game apart is the high jumps walk running and robots.

Once you learn to play lol all the videos show clearly this game scream COD,which is what EA really want to begin with something to try to steal players from COD.

Basing your opinions off of videos and others again El tormented? When will you learn you can't judge a game like Titanfall off of videos.

People that have played it seem to love it. It's only evident in all the awards and praise it has received since it's reveal. Perhaps you should wait till it releases AND you play it before you make absolute claims.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:

Basing your opinions off of videos and others again El tormented? When will you learn you can't judge a game like Titanfall off of videos.

People that have played it seem to love it. It's only evident in all the awards and praise it has received since it's reveal. Perhaps you should wait till it releases AND you play it before you make absolute claims.

Lo if i see a video of an action movie and i see only romance i have to ignore what i am seeing and pretend is a action movie.?

WTF man i am seeing the game with my 2 damn eyes,the games scream COD,there is no way around it,even down to the recoil of weapons..lol

Yeah just like people play COD and love it to why the fu** do you think it sell so much,yeah because people love it,people always flame COD,but the game is bough in the millions so yeah a huge part of the market love the game,i don't buy something i hate,and yeah videos about COD games are exactly like the game is,just like BF4 ones and any other,when the video been show is gameplay.

Trying to act like i have to play Titanfall to see is not COD with robots when all videos are showing me exactly that is a joke,i am seeing this game is not like i am talking about something i have never seen.

Yeah and those same awards call the game original so will you care to explain to me what Titanfall has that is original please i want to know what...

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#487  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Continues to LOL @ all the butthurt and damage control in this thread.

Thought this thread would be dead by now.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#488 kingtito

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

Lo if i see a video of an action movie and i see only romancei have to ignore what i am seeing and pretend is a action movie.?

WTF man i am seeing the game with my 2 damn eyes,the games scream COD,there is no way around it,even down to the recoil of weapons..lol

Yeah just like people play COD and love it to why the fu** do you think it sell so much,yeah because people love it,people always flame COD,but the game is bough in the millions so yeah a huge part of the market love the game,i don't buy something i hate,and yeah videos about COD games are exactly like the game is,just like BF4 ones and any other,when the video been show is gameplay.

Trying to act like i have to play Titanfall to see is not COD with robots when all videos are showing me exactly that is a joke,i am seeing this game is not like i am talking about something i have never seen.

Yeah and those same awards call the game original so will you care to explain to me what Titanfall has that is original please i want to know what...

So you're going to compare a movie to a video game? How dense are you? Apples and oranges El Tormented.

It's not a movie you dolt. A video game needs to be played before making a proper judgement. You're making your judgement on the game based soley on videos you've seen while ignoring those that have actually played the game.

I haven't seen 1 video that makes Titanfall looked "exactly" like COD. Hey videos of Uncharted make the game look boring. Can I then conclude that Uncharted is a boring game? Luckily I've played it and can form my own opinion but if I were to go off videos I probably wouldn't have bought it. Playing the game>>>>>>>watching videos of it

The only joke here is you El Tormented. People that HAVE played the game, haven't called it COD with mechs but YOU are? I'll wait till AFTER I've played it before I call it COD with mechs. Until then, you're just full of shit as usual.

What other games can do what Titanfall can do in a single game? You do know most of those awards came from people that actually played the game? I'm not saying all are legit but you'd be hard pressed to claim they're all liars.

Face it El Tormented, the only reason you're trying to bash this game is because it's NOT on the any of the PSs. If it were, you'd be saying this is the best since the invention of sliced bread. BTW get our PS4 yet? Didn't think so. You may go on living vicariously thru others that do.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@_Matt_ said:

I... what?

Where did I bash the Xbox One? This is coming to pc and 360 as well as a multi platform, are you saying that I am bashing pc and 360 too?

You mention logic, but I don't even follow your line of logic, other than blindly calling anyone who dislikes Titanfall a fanboy.

Shhhhhhh!

No one is saying it's an Xbox One exclusive. However, almost every gaming site says it will be a system seller for Xbox One...

You're wrong. A lot of lemmings on this site act like it's an Xbone exclusive.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

At E3, I was wondering why TitanFall was saved for last. But as more details came out the better enticed I became. The Xbox One dashboard video teaser sealed the deal if it wasnt already. Haters, continue to do what you do.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#491 darkangel115

the CoD with mechs thing is so dumb i can't explain. i mean anyone can say that watch

TLOU is CoD with zombies

tomb raider is CoD with platforming

BF4 is CoD with tanks

halo is CoD with aliens

resogun is CoD in a spaceship

-

anyone can say these things, yet nobody can actually give a reason? its really sad

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kingtito said:

So you're going to compare a movie to a video game? How dense are you? Apples and oranges El Tormented.

It's not a movie you dolt. A video game needs to be played before making a proper judgement. You're making your judgement on the game based soley on videos you've seen while ignoring those that have actually played the game.

I haven't seen 1 video that makes Titanfall looked "exactly" like COD. Hey videos of Uncharted make the game look boring. Can I then conclude that Uncharted is a boring game? Luckily I've played it and can form my own opinion but if I were to go off videos I probably wouldn't have bought it. Playing the game>>>>>>>watching videos of it

The only joke here is you El Tormented. People that HAVE played the game, haven't called it COD with mechs but YOU are? I'll wait till AFTER I've played it before I call it COD with mechs. Until then, you're just full of shit as usual.

What other games can do what Titanfall can do in a single game? You do know most of those awards came from people that actually played the game? I'm not saying all are legit but you'd be hard pressed to claim they're all liars.

Face it El Tormented, the only reason you're trying to bash this game is because it's NOT on the any of the PSs. If it were, you'd be saying this is the best since the invention of sliced bread. BTW get our PS4 yet? Didn't think so. You may go on living vicariously thru others that do.

Yeah did you hear that.? Yeah that was the sound of the point you completely miss...

No mater what it is i am seeing it is the damn point,just like COD gameplay show you exactly how the game is Titanfall is not different,we are not talking about CG's we are talking about real gameplay.

Even the fu**ng demos for games claim the game is not representative of the final version when they completely are.lol

You moron i am seeing actual gameplay,that gameplay is taking directly for several people playing the game,you can see the elements of the game,the gun play,the maps,weapons the pace,if you can't get what a game is like from watching actual gameplay the i guess you buy Titanfal and if EA call it an RPG it means it is because even that they videos show the game is a FPS,well EA claim other wise..

Yeah video of Uncharted make it look boring,what videos.? were the videos posted before the game launch.? What did they show,because basically Uncharted is all actions,so yeah you like always making sh** up to try to win an argument.

I don't have to and it even has the same recoil...lol..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

Getting 10 fu**ing things from other games is not innovation or original in any damn way,Killzone had robots,fast paced shooters by the ton are out there,games with bots as well,so tell me what is original...

Do you own a PS4.? Now they you should change your name to Kinghypocrite because you have been on 100 threads about the PS4 downplaying it..hahahahaaaaaa..

I don't need a PS4 or a xbox one to play Titanfall you blind biased lemming all i need is $60 dollars and my xbox 360 which also claim i didn't own..lol..

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#493 kingtito

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

Yeah did you hear that.? Yeah that was the sound of the point you completely miss...

No mater what it is i am seeing it is the damn point,just like COD gameplay show you exactly how the game is Titanfall is not different,we are not talking about CG's we are talking about real gameplay.

Even the fu**ng demos for games claim the game is not representative of the final version when they completely are.lol

You moron i am seeing actual gameplay,that gameplay is taking directly for several people playing the game,you can see the elements of the game,the gun play,the maps,weapons the pace,if you can't get what a game is like from watching actual gameplay the i guess you buy Titanfal and if EA call it an RPG it means it is because even that they videos show the game is a FPS,well EA claim other wise..

Yeah video of Uncharted make it look boring,what videos.? were the videos posted before the game launch.? What did they show,because basically Uncharted is all actions,so yeah you like always making sh** up to try to win an argument.

I don't have to and it even has the same recoil...lol..hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

Getting 10 fu**ing things from other games is not innovation or original in any damn way,Killzone had robots,fast paced shooters by the ton are out there,games with bots as well,so tell me what is original...

Do you own a PS4.? Now they you should change your name to Kinghypocrite because you have been on 100 threads about the PS4 downplaying it..hahahahaaaaaa..

I don't need a PS4 or a xbox one to play Titanfall you blind biased lemming all i need is $60 dollars and my xbox 360 which also claim i didn't own..lol..

What point did I miss? That you're trying to justify judging a game based on youtube videos? Umm no El Tormented, I understand what YOUR point was and I'm flat out saying you're lame.

As someone that pointed out in this very thread, you can't base the game on videos. He said once you play it you'll understand it's not like COD. You won't know that though because you'll continue to "play" your games on youtube.

"Seeing" you idiot is NOT playing. Understand?

Does it matter when any video's of uncharted were posted? If you looked at a video of uncharted gameplay most people would probably say "pretty but looks boring", especially in those so called "exploration" portions. Uncharted is far from all action. I'm starting to think you never played the game.

What would you know about originality? The extent of YOUR originality comes from someone else. You only need to wait for them to post it.

Nope, I don't own a PS4 but then again I don't talk about it or it's games like I do. I do have an XOne and I CAN talk about IT because I use it everyday. I don't think you know what a hypocrite is El Tormented. Perhaps you should look back at some of your fellow cows post from the 7th gen till now. You'll see some hypocrites and yet this does include YOU. Now go point out where I talk about the PS4 like I own one? Don't need to own one to say it looks like an eraser or that it's just an upgraded PS3. I also don't need to own the PS4 to say it's games look boring. A lot different than how YOU talk about the XOne AND PS4 El Tormented.

Did I say you need to own either to play it? Nope, I said you're just mad because it's NOT on the PS consoles. I'm sure that burns you even though you don't own a PS4. I bet if you ask mommy real nice she'll think about it. Maybe you can up your household chores for the next few months, clean up that basment of yours.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@StormyJoe said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@_Matt_ said:

I... what?

Shhhhhhh!

Well, they're dumb then...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

Well, they're dumb then...

Desperate if you ask me. I can't think of that many Xbone exclusives coming in the next couple of months.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#496  Edited By Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Say Titan Fall ships with a Halo 5 beta, the Earth will shift.