The Xbox One X isn't particularly great even at 500$...

MooseWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 MooseWayne
Member since 2017 • 361 Posts

@Jebus213: And? PC peasants with 768p monitors.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
@moosewayne said:

@Jebus213: And? PC peasants with 768p monitors.

People run servers, log on to different computers, have laptops, etc.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22416 Posts

@Pedro said:

Lol at folks talking about PCs as if is a static spec machines. ?

Lol I know... apparently all PCs are high-end monsters!

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#204 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

@EG101 said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@Sam3231 said:

You didn't include a blu-ray drive or a wireless card.

Bluray?... PC cases are moving away from drives and lined connections are better for gaming.

Wireless card!... XD, I can't get my PS4 to hold 30Mb/s and I have a 300Mb/s connection.

Next people will say hey the PC needs a monitor and a desk/chair. I would love to know how many console gamers are using 32" 720p TV's... I bet its 90%.

So just because a line connection is better your PC build shouldn't include a wireless card??

Bad, bad logic.

That UHD player is one of the reasons that I'm interested in an XB1X because 4K streaming isn't even on the level of Bluray let alone UHD Bluray disks.

You can also just download the 4K movies and then watch them once the download is complete? I mean has that possibility ever occurred to you?

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@Dark_sageX said:
@EG101 said:

So just because a line connection is better your PC build shouldn't include a wireless card??

Bad, bad logic.

That UHD player is one of the reasons that I'm interested in an XB1X because 4K streaming isn't even on the level of Bluray let alone UHD Bluray disks.

You can also just download the 4K movies and then watch them once the download is complete? I mean has that possibility ever occurred to you?

Does Netflix and Amazon allow you to do this with any Movie??

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Dark_sageX

@EG101 said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@EG101 said:

Bad, bad logic.

Not Netflix directly but you can use 4k Downloader apps to download 4k movies directly from Youtube or Netflix.

Alternatively you can go to websites that directly provide 4k movies for download

or alternatively you can simply download 1080p films and convert them to 4k

Torrent is also an option

Either way there are more ways to access movies besides using an optical drive (not that getting an optical drive is even remotely a subject of discussion, because you would have to be a total weakling to complain about $60, which is the price of a game on Xbox ONE and probably the X as well) it would be a small price to pay for what PC has to offer, so it wouldn't hurt to open up a bit.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#207 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

TC, just don't buy it, don't be so insecure about it.

Give me such a good console for that price, and no it's not "doable" for 500 bucks stop lying to yourself.

waahahah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#208 waahahah
Member since 2014 • 2462 Posts

@appariti0n said:

@Juub1990: I think the problem with the X1X, is that to ensure full compatibility without too many headaches, they were forced to stick with the same architecture of CPU, with a clock speed increase + a few other minor tweaks.

It's a shame they couldn't have put an entry level Ryzen based CPU in there, but I'm sure that would have come with a host of compatibility issues.

Ryzen/jaguar are the same architecture from a software standpoint. They'll both run the same compiled code as they are both x86_64...

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

TC they have these things called demographics and target markets. The X1X isn't targeted to anyone in the PC master race at all. So all of your bluster may be true but you keep missing one point...the X1X isn't meant for you in the first place.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@Dark_sageX said:
@EG101 said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@EG101 said:

Bad, bad logic.

Not Netflix directly but you can use 4k Downloader apps to download 4k movies directly from Youtube or Netflix.

Alternatively you can go to websites that directly provide 4k movies for download

Either way there are more ways to access movies besides using an optical drive (not that getting an optical drive is even remotely a subject of discussion, because you would have to be a total weakling to complain about $60, which is the price of a game on Xbox ONE and probably the X as well) it would be a small price to pay for what PC has to offer, so it wouldn't hurt to open up a bit.

It is funny to hear PC guys talk about quality of graphics but they obviously do not care about the quality of their movies. 4K Bluray blows away anything that can be streamed 4k on the Internet and it is not even close. So all of this my games look best on PC dont be a hypocrite and not want the same for movies. If you want the best looking movies 4K Bluray is the only way to go period!

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 Dark_sageX

@Xabiss said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@EG101 said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@EG101 said:

Bad, bad logic.

It is funny to hear PC guys talk about quality of graphics but they obviously do not care about the quality of their movies. 4K Bluray blows away anything that can be streamed 4k on the Internet and it is not even close. So all of this my games look best on PC dont be a hypocrite and not want the same for movies. If you want the best looking movies 4K Bluray is the only way to go period!

Wow, so never mind you don't follow the subject of our conversation at all, but you also got so much wrong in one sentence that I don't even know where to begin, first of all do you actually know what Blu-ray is and what it does? and do you actually know what 4k is? because if you did you wouldn't say something as profoundly stupid as 4k blu-ray movies look better than streamed 4k movies.....

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@EG101 said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@EG101 said:

Bad, bad logic.

Applying 4k to movies is like applying anti-aliasing or anisotropic filtering to them. It's a completely different ball park and pointless to compare.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#213 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@Dark_sageX said:
@Xabiss said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@EG101 said:
@Dark_sageX said:

Wow, so never mind you don't follow the subject of our conversation at all, but you also got so much wrong in one sentence that I don't even know where to begin, first of all do you actually know what Blu-ray is and what it does? and do you actually know what 4k is? because if you did you wouldn't say something as profoundly stupid as 4k blu-ray movies look better than streamed 4k movies.....

Let's put aside that a major selling point for a games console is it plays UHD blurays (no games, what else have they got?) you really have to acknowledge that 4K streaming is a steaming pile of shit even compared to regular blurays, never mind 4K blurays.

Honestly, people who say shit like this just don't value watching movies in the best possible quality. It's a plus point for the X no point arguing against it. The PS4 Pro should have had 4K bluray support too.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@Dark_sageX said:
@Xabiss said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@EG101 said:
@Dark_sageX said:

Sorry but if you think streaming 4K content on the Internet is as good as 4K bluray you are so very wrong. No matter how you argue this, you are just wrong. Deal with it!

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@EG101 said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@EG101 said:

Bad, bad logic.

He wasn't talking about streaming but about downloading. A downloaded 4k movie will look exactly the same as one from a disc. Try to read correctly

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@pinkanimal said:
@Xabiss said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@EG101 said:
@Dark_sageX said:

He wasn't talking about streaming but about downloading. A downloaded 4k movie will look exactly the same as one from a disc. Try to read correctly

Is the only reason you come on these forums is to look through any Xbox related thread and just post negative sh** about it or point out people who are talking positive about it? I very rarely see you actually post anything positive, or even go and create threads about anything PS related. All you do is hijack discussions (like above) & stick your nose in. Do us all a favour and go away again.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@EG101 said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@EG101 said:

Bad, bad logic.

video games>>movies

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 PinkAnimal

@hrt_rulz01: gosh you're such a butthurt lemming. Do us all a favor and if you can't take people criticizing your plastic girlfriend stay away from SW and go to the Xbox board where we don't have to listen to your constant crying.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 PinkAnimal

@hrt_rulz01: by the way this is a public forum and the posts are public for a reason. That reason is to allow people to jump into discussions. There's no owning the discussion here, I can participate from any discussion I want. Xabiss jumped into the discussion first when he want even part of the original exchange. Why don't you go and cry to him then lemming?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Pedro said:

This is a failed argument, as for SW we typically refer to high end gaming rigs since the forum started. Since it's a gaming forum. Just like how Digital Foundry does.

This claim is typically used by trolls. If not used by trolls, it's used against PC because there is no real arguments against PC at the current time being. Good to know PC is in a solid spot in which people must revert to the desperate argument of "but some people have bad PCs!".

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 hrt_rulz01

@pinkanimal said:

@hrt_rulz01: by the way this is a public forum and the posts are public for a reason. That reason is to allow people to jump into discussions. There's no owning the discussion here, I can participate from any discussion I want. Xabiss jumped into the discussion first when he want even part of the original exchange. Why don't you go and cry to him then lemming?

Lol, you're only a child aren't you? Teenager at best. You sure sound like it.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 PinkAnimal

@hrt_rulz01: says the crybaby...

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 hrt_rulz01

@zaryia said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Pedro said:

This is a failed argument, as for SW we typically refer to high end gaming rigs since the forum started. Since it's a gaming forum.

This claim is typically used by trolls. If not used by trolls, it's used against PC because there is no real arguments against PC at the current time being. Good to know PC is in a solid spot.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#224 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@CanYouDiglt said:

Holy cow the cows are in so much a panic mode over the X1X. These damage control threads are out of control now. Literally it is an endless amount of stupid threads and the dumbest stuff. The next Sony fanboy thread will be the Xbox One X sucks because it is black and some people want white so Microsoft is racist, which will come next since the entire Sony fanbase has been saying that Microsoft is racist or at least something just as bad for years.

Get a life people. You are more worried about hating something then liking something. Sony fans have a weird and just flat out not normal obsession to a company. I may bash Sony sometimes but it is always in a thread that some weird Sony fanboy makes to bash Microsoft. Any time I make a thread it is about the console that I prefer but Sony fans only make threads attacking Microsoft. It is not even Nintendo or PC but only Microsoft. Sony fans have some weird hate.

Seriously on this forum there is more Sony fans then any other group but how often do you see them making pro Sony threads? Their hobby is hating the other systems. Their hobby is just hate.

I just find it very weird.

I get what you are saying, but I remember the days of Xbox 360 and PS3. Everyone had a 360 the first few years and it was a total system wars of bashing the PS3 all the time.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#225  Edited By Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@EG101 said:
@Dark_sageX said:

The xbox one has a terrible UHD Blu-ray player in it. Not trying to bash it but I almost bought the xbox one when I bought my TV just for that but after doing research, it was advised to go and buy a dedicated UHD blu ray player so that is what I did.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@Diddies said:
@Xabiss said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@EG101 said:
@Dark_sageX said:

The xbox one has a terrible UHD Blu-ray player in it. Not trying to bash it but I almost bought the xbox one when I bought my TV just for that but after doing research, it was advised to go and buy a dedicated UHD blu ray player so that is what I did.

You already got your hands on an Xbox One X???

How do you now the UHD drive is bad???

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts

@Diddies: that would be the first i have ever hurd of that. Not even the most desperate cows even make that claim. At least i never seen any claims. Links from your research please.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Dark_sageX

@blueinheaven said:

Let's put aside that a major selling point for a games console is it plays UHD blurays (no games, what else have they got?) you really have to acknowledge that 4K streaming is a steaming pile of shit even compared to regular blurays, never mind 4K blurays.

Honestly, people who say shit like this just don't value watching movies in the best possible quality. It's a plus point for the X no point arguing against it. The PS4 Pro should have had 4K bluray support too.

At what point was I even talking about streaming 4k movies? I was specifically talking about the various options of which you can download 4k movies as an alternative to using an optical drive. Its the stupid narrowed minded trigger happy lemming that started yapping about 4k streaming! AND added to it that he claims that streamed 4k movies LOOK worse than Blu-ray, the moron clearly doesn't understand what storage media is and what resolution is, a streamed 4k movies looks EXACTLY THE SAME AS A BLU-RAY 4k MOVIE! GOD how PROFOUNDLY STUPID CAN YOU BE?!

@Xabiss said:

Sorry but if you think streaming 4K content on the Internet is as good as 4K bluray you are so very wrong. No matter how you argue this, you are just wrong. Deal with it!

Sorry, but if you think I was even talking about streaming in the first place then you should realize you are illiterate, no matter how much you argue against it, deal with it!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Zaryia

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Pedro said:

Just the ones we discuss in SW, a gaming forum.

Also more people own a high end pc than the number of xbox1 units sold.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@zaryia said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Pedro said:

what are your specs?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By hrt_rulz01

@zaryia said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Pedro said:

An extremely generalised statement... but ok then.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Zaryia

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@zaryia said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Pedro said:

We discuss high end gaming PC's at SW, since the forum began. Just like Digital Foundry does for the most part. Hence why we state a majority of multiplats are superior on PC without having to put a disclaimer at the end that we are discussing gaming rigs.

Also, Like I said, more pc gamers have a high end PC than the number of XB1's sold.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 hrt_rulz01

@zaryia said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@zaryia said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@Pedro said:

We discuss high end gaming PC's at SW, since the forum began. Just like Digital Foundry does for the most part. Hence why we state a majority of multiplats are superior on PC without having to put a disclaimer at the end that we are discussing gaming rigs.

Also, Like I said, more pc gamers have a high end PC than the number of XB1's sold.

Again, very generalised statement.

Anyway, it's stupid to compare consoles with PC anyway. PCs are upgradeable & modifiable. Consoles are a fixed platform. Of course PCs CAN BE more powerful and have "superior multiplats", if you invest the money into it. And it's usually more than what a console costs.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56445 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@zaryia said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@zaryia said:

He's not really wrong. Most of the hardcore PC gamers you see on SW have high-end PC, even me as well.

Do you ever go to any "show us your PC" threads? We get them every now and then, we show our high-end rigs to the SW lovers and you'll be surprise, there's more high-end PC gamers here then you can imagine.

Also PC & Consoles have there place, I know that. I won't say anything that will ruin your enjoyment of your future X1X purchase :)

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Zaryia

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Anyway, it's stupid to compare consoles with PC anyway. PCs are upgradeable & modifiable. Consoles are a fixed platform. Of course PCs CAN BE more powerful and have "superior multiplats", if you invest the money into it. And it's usually more than what a console costs.

Alright but this is a gaming forum, we're discussing high end gaming PCs.

Really end of discussion right there.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 hrt_rulz01

@zaryia said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Alright but this is a gaming forum, we're discussing high end gaming PCs.

Really end of discussion right there.

Ok... but I maintain that it's still a little unfair to compare PCs & consoles when it comes to graphics/resolutions etc.

@davillain- said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@zaryia said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@zaryia said:

He's not really wrong. Most of the hardcore PC gamers you see on SW have high-end PC, even me as well.

Do you ever go to any "show us your PC" threads? We get them every now and then, we show our high-end rigs to the SW lovers and you'll be surprise, there's more high-end PC gamers here then you can imagine.

Also PC & Consoles have there place, I know that. I won't say anything that will ruin your enjoyment of your future X1X purchase :)

Of course... but like I said above, it's a little unfair to compare the 2 platforms.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

@Enragedhydra:

That's a lot of words.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

@Enragedhydra:

"Did you read it or just scroll down?"

I just read the first part and stopped. I'm sure you put forth a valiant effort.