The Xbox One X isn't particularly great even at 500$...

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Simply put, its GPU far outstrips its CPU in terms of capabilities so you're basically stuck choosing 30fps/4K when many people, including me, believe 60fps/1080p would have been more desirable. Frame rate affects gameplay and feel. Resolution does not. Asking to build a rig that matches the X1X for the same price is forcing a PC gamer to choose resolution over frame rate, something I believe most don't want.

Building a rig that does 1080p/60fps for 500$US is doable. Usually people target the RX 580 to match the X1X and some even the 1070(which is silly). A 1060 also does the job.

G4560 performance:

These are ALL Canadian Prices. The X1X is 599$ CANADIAN and Xbox Live is 60$(managed to find a site that sells it for 50$ so the target is 650$ CANADIAN or 550$USD. It's also the same price in both US and Canada). Also over a period of 5 years, those 50$/y of Xbox Live will increase the money spent by 250$(the Canadian price of the 1060), up to 850$CAD or 750$USD.

CPU: Pentium G4560 80$ (Generic Computers)

GPU: EVGA GTX GeForce 1060 3GB 250$ (B&H Canada)

Case: DeepCool Teseract 45$ (Newegg.ca)

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M 65$ (Direct Canada)

RAM: Patriot Viper Elite 2x4GB 61$ (Amazon.ca)

PSU: EVGA BT 450W 80 Bronze+ 40$ (Amazon.ca)

HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 50$ (Memory Express)

Mouse+KB: 20$

Windows 10 30$(assuming you don't already own it)

Optional: Xbox 360 controller 35$ (Fleetnetwork Canada)

Total: 641$CAD or 511$USD

It falls slightly short of 30fps in the most demanding games but tweaking the highest settings should easily allow one to reach a locked 30fps. Then again, after seeing Rise of the Tomb Raider and the reports of checkerboard rendering, 4K is probably too much for the X1X as well. The 3GB framebuffer might be problematic in 4K too(hold back on the textures).

Basically, for 640$CAD(480$USD) you have a rig that can play 99.9% of the latest games at 1080p/60fps. QHD games at 40+fps and 4K games at 30+fps(with some minor tweaking). The PC will also have access to all the recent and upcoming X1X exclusives along with AAA games like Nioh, Divinity Original Sin 2, Total War Warhammer 2, cheaper games and free online. It will also do a myriad of things the Xbox One X cannot do no matter what. Not only is the PC slightly cheaper up front, it becomes dramatically cheaper over time.

Microsoft can afford it to sell it at that price because the CPU is garbage-tier. It's a 200-250$ GPU combined with a 15$ CPU. That is NOT a good deal. The price isn't terrible but let's not act like the X1X at 500$ is some kind of amazing deal. It objectively is not.

In summary: 500$ for 4K/30fps (750$ over 5 years)

OR

510$ for 4K/30fps(slightly lower settings)+1080p/60fps+1440p/40fps+more exclusives+free online+cheaper games+fully functional PC that can serve different purposes.

Decent deal? Yes! Amazing deal? **** No!

@howmakewood@thepclovingguy@MonsieurX@GarGx1@wizard

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#2 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

Youre stating information we have all known for months now. Both X1X and PSPro have cpus that most likely bottleneck the gpus.

In before this thread get's Ronned.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@Juub1990: I think the problem with the X1X, is that to ensure full compatibility without too many headaches, they were forced to stick with the same architecture of CPU, with a clock speed increase + a few other minor tweaks.

It's a shame they couldn't have put an entry level Ryzen based CPU in there, but I'm sure that would have come with a host of compatibility issues.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Juub1990

@appariti0n: Agreed but then that mass produced cheap-ass chip likely allowed them to significantly cut costs.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#5  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17834 Posts

I like where your heart is, but let's be honest.... That G4560 CPU is shit and offers unacceptable performance...

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

We are part of the master race. We are supposed to lead people towards quality gaming and not the <60fps garbage that they are getting with consoles. They need to spend more to get the proper gaming experience and it is well worth it.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Juub1990

@BassMan: I’m not leading people anywhere. I wouldn’t recommend this build to anyone. Just pointing the fact the X1X isn’t particularly a great deal. I personally would recommend an i7 or a Ryzen to anyone looking for serious gaming. Those old 2700K have some serious legs.

You don’t build a PC to match consoles. You build a PC tailored to your need. Those may range anywere from 720p/30fps gaming to triple monitors/144Hz.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BassMan

@Juub1990 said:

@BassMan: I’m not leading people anywhere. I wouldn’t recommend this build to anyone. Just pointing the fact the X1X isn’t particularly a great deal. I personally would recommend an i7 or a Ryzen to anyone looking for serious gaming. Those old 2700K have some serious legs.

I agree that the X1X is not a good deal and neither is the low budget PC that you listed. However, with a budget of $800 USD, a gamer can certainly build a nice little PC that is better than X1X and will deliver proper gaming. Spending the extra money is certainly worth it.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Juub1990

@BassMan: Yeah I was just scrounging up a quick budget build. I always recommend mid-range components as well. Budget builds are fine but not ideal and the user often feels the need to upgrade early on which defeats the purpose of it being budget.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@BassMan said:
@Juub1990 said:

I agree that the X1X is not a good deal and neither is the low budget PC that you listed. However, with a budget of $800 USD, a gamer can certainly build a nice little PC that is better than X1X and will deliver proper gaming. Spending the extra money is certainly worth it.

So by spending more money you get better quality, holy shit bass you just blew my mind.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Juub1990: I see you've taken over from the cows for now when it comes to stupid X threads.

Can you get it through your head that no matter how good a PC is supposed to be I and others just don't want one.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Juub1990

@i_p_daily: I don’t care that you don’t want one. I simply want to correct the misinformation that has been spreading around.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By BassMan

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@Juub1990 said:

So by spending more money you get better quality, holy shit bass you just blew my mind.

Ummm... OK. My point is that an $800 PC is a worthwhile purchase that delivers a quality experience and a $500 X1X does not and is a waste of money. So, if you are willing to spend $500, you might as well spend a few hundred more and get a proper gaming platform.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56221 Posts

PC gamers already knows X1X was never a good deal for $500 to begin with. No need to make a thread on this cause that console is for hardcore console gamers only who still don't give a shit about PC gaming. (If ever)

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

Somebody get Ronnie in here. I'll supply popcorn.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BassMan

@lukeasaurusrex said:

I still want one. I'm tired of people undermining the X1X. No it's not a high end PC, but it's not a weak ass POS either.

Actually it is. The CPU is a piece of shit that prevents the console from running games properly at 60fps. It is sad that they market it as a "premium" product and it can't even run games properly.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

@Juub1990: I see you've taken over from the cows for now when it comes to stupid X threads.

Can you get it through your head that no matter how good a PC is supposed to be I and others just don't want one.

Someone please give @i_p_daily his diaper, he about to go ape sh... because someone spoke the truth about his precious little xb1x :(

Avatar image for deactivated-59d93b5f4f9aa
deactivated-59d93b5f4f9aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-59d93b5f4f9aa
Member since 2017 • 50 Posts

I smell insecurity and the need to belittle something invading 'your' space.

This thread and the 200 others just like it are territorial pissing.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 957 Posts

Where was all the haters when PS4 pro was announced??? Where was all low budget builds when the PS4 Pro was announced??? All it has been is the same topics repeated over and over again and again. Cant you all come up with something new to talk about?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52446 Posts

Literally no one cares.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 5987 Posts

The Xbox One X can do some games 60fps at 4k.

I keep saying it

You cant build a PC small enough, cool enough and quiet enough to fit under a TV with the same performance as the Xbox One X at the same cost.

Its just not possible. Xbox One X is good for what it is.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
@tdkmillsy said:

You cant build a PC small enough, cool enough and quiet enough to fit under a TV with the same performance as the Xbox One X at the same cost.

Not at the same cost but...

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-mini-itx-pc-cases/

Loading Video...

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@Black96Z: The PS4 Pro was $399, a year ago. $100 more than the base PS4 but double the storage. It was actually a good deal for the time if you were looking for a PS4 but didn't have one. It was marketed as a mid-gen upgrade that was optional. Well, a year later and we all see a base PS4 does pretty much the same as a Pro, in real life. The X will be the same thing. I also think people are sick of hearing about the "beast" it is for the last year and a half. Pro was revealed like 3 months before release, as was Switch. Not to mention the S is more than half the price(plus around $150 in free games making it essentially cost $99). And it does HDR, 4k Blu-ray disc, 4k streaming, Win 10 platform, same network, same controller, same games. The S will upscale a game to 4k on a 4k tv. No, it won't be as sharp as the X on a 4k tv, but I doubt it'll be noticeable unless put side by side in still frame. So getting back to the Pro, it was an "ok" concept for the time, but proven to be not worth it to upgrade. And again, $399 a year ago wasn't a bad price. The base PS4 had just dropped to $349 recently then, and then down to $299 with the slim model. I don't think either is worth the money when in 2-3 years the next gen will be here and could be double or triple the power of the X.... With a proper CPU this time.

Fanboys also weren't saying the Pro was equivalent to a $1500 PC as far as I can remember.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BassMan

@lukeasaurusrex said:

@BassMan: Shut up. You're a dumb PC elitist fanboy.

LOL. It must be tough knowing that even the best console hardware is garbage. I feel for you. There is no shame in crying though. Take solace in knowing that your tears are filling our liquid coolers and helping keep our temperatures low.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

the exact opposite of what the media has been saying. Hmm who to believe...

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Holy cow the cows are in so much a panic mode over the X1X. These damage control threads are out of control now. Literally it is an endless amount of stupid threads and the dumbest stuff. The next Sony fanboy thread will be the Xbox One X sucks because it is black and some people want white so Microsoft is racist, which will come next since the entire Sony fanbase has been saying that Microsoft is racist or at least something just as bad for years.

Get a life people. You are more worried about hating something then liking something. Sony fans have a weird and just flat out not normal obsession to a company. I may bash Sony sometimes but it is always in a thread that some weird Sony fanboy makes to bash Microsoft. Any time I make a thread it is about the console that I prefer but Sony fans only make threads attacking Microsoft. It is not even Nintendo or PC but only Microsoft. Sony fans have some weird hate.

Seriously on this forum there is more Sony fans then any other group but how often do you see them making pro Sony threads? Their hobby is hating the other systems. Their hobby is just hate.

I just find it very weird.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 5987 Posts

@Jebus213 said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Not at the same cost but...

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-mini-itx-pc-cases/

Loading Video...

Proves my point thanks.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

Power has always been "useless" when it comes to consoles!!!

What matters is the games!!! History is a perfect testimony for that for those who have a little knowledge!!!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#32 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Yeah you hit the nail on the head I don't care how good a pc is we're not interested in buying one.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

Yet I'd prefer the X over PC every time... each to their own.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7712 Posts

I think the one X has good value in 4K and that's about it, the PC builds are pricier sure, but they are also more flexible and come with bigger game library attached, so pretty much boils down to if you prefer consoles in general or not

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#35 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

some folks prefer PC and some prefer Consoles it's as simple as 123.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

PC gamers already knows X1X was never a good deal for $500 to begin with. No need to make a thread on this cause that console is for hardcore console gamers only who still don't give a shit about PC gaming. (If ever)

Well i'm glad someone gets it.

@daredevils2k said:
@i_p_daily said:

Someone please give @i_p_daily his diaper, he about to go ape sh... because someone spoke the truth about his precious little xb1x :(

Haven't you got a stupid thread you need to post about MS that we can tear you a new one in, and watch you disappear again lol.

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@Juub1990 said:

Ummm... OK. My point is that an $800 PC is a worthwhile purchase that delivers a quality experience and a $500 X1X does not and is a waste of money. So, if you are willing to spend $500, you might as well spend a few hundred more and get a proper gaming platform.

You simply don't get it bass, and my X will give me 60fps and 4k on Forza (not that I really care) and now you're saying that is not a quality experience. Stop flip flopping all over the place man it's embarrassing.

@Juub1990 said:

@i_p_daily: I don’t care that you don’t want one. I simply want to correct the misinformation that has been spreading around.

LOL c'mon man System Wars is full of mis-information, are you going to correct every bit of it or just (whatever this is) this? build a bridge and get over it. The X threads seemed to be made by people who allegedly don't give a shit about it, but can't stop talking about it.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Juub1990

@toonarmy20: Digital Foundry aren’t experts lol.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BassMan

@i_p_daily: I am not flip flopping. You know that I always said Forza Motorsport series is good on consoles. They run well because they are not demanding games. It's the games that run at 30fps that are the problem. Games like Forza Horizon 3, open world games, and other CPU heavy games. All games should be able to run at the 1080p/60fps standard these days. Yet, MS is bringing out a "premium" console in late 2017 that can't even achieve this simple standard that was achieved on PC so long ago. Then, they try and tackle 4K to add insult to injury. Many games won't even be able to do 4K/30fps and will have to resort to dynamic resolution or checker-boarding. X1X is all about the "True 4K" though. LOL. So, it is not suitable for 60fps or 4K... What a waste of $500.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BassMan said:

@i_p_daily: I am not flip flopping. You know that I always said Forza Motorsport series is good on consoles. They have run well because they are not demanding. It's the games that run at 30fps that are the problem. Games like Forza Horizon 3, open world games, and other CPU heavy games. All games should be able to run at 1080p/60fps these days. Yet, MS is bringing out a "premium" console in late 2017 that can't even achieve this simple standard that was achieved on PC so long ago. Then, they try and tackle 4K to add insult to injury. Many games won't even be able to do 4K/30fps and will have to resort to dynamic resolution or checker boarding. X1X is all about the "True 4K" though. LOL. So, it is not suitable for 60fps or 4K. What a waste of $500.

So you're saying that Forza is a quality experience and yet it in the same sentence claiming that the X is a waste of $500. You can't have it both ways man.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Forza is shit, PCars 2 is leagues better. Not to mention the other real sims.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BassMan

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:

@i_p_daily: I am not flip flopping. You know that I always said Forza Motorsport series is good on consoles. They have run well because they are not demanding. It's the games that run at 30fps that are the problem. Games like Forza Horizon 3, open world games, and other CPU heavy games. All games should be able to run at 1080p/60fps these days. Yet, MS is bringing out a "premium" console in late 2017 that can't even achieve this simple standard that was achieved on PC so long ago. Then, they try and tackle 4K to add insult to injury. Many games won't even be able to do 4K/30fps and will have to resort to dynamic resolution or checker boarding. X1X is all about the "True 4K" though. LOL. So, it is not suitable for 60fps or 4K. What a waste of $500.

So you're saying that Forza is a quality experience and yet it in the same sentence claiming that the X is a waste of $500. You can't have it both ways man.

First off, both claims are not in the same sentence. While I have no issue with FM7 on X1X (aside from 30fps replays, lol), the X1X is still a waste of money because it is not capable of running many other games properly.

You really need to try harder.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:

First off, both claims are not in the same sentence. While I have no issue with FM7 on X1X (aside from 30fps replays, lol), the X1X is still a waste of money because it is not capable of running many other games properly.

Properly lol.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Okay, and even the 4K is fake according to Xbox Fanatics past posts and threads.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BassMan

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:

Properly lol.

I am glad you are learning. ;)

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

@sovkhan said:

Power has always been "useless" when it comes to consoles!!!

What matters is the games!!! History is a perfect testimony for that for those who have a little knowledge!!!

Next time make sure to write in upper case and bold as well, otherwise those 9 ! go to waste...

To topic: Well yeah, didn't we know this for like a year now? I feel like I have seen this thread several times, including a few days back when some guy thought you need at least 2k to build a PC to beat the xOneX.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44147 Posts

Herms freaking out mooaar than cows over Mighty X1X MonsterBox these dayzzzz.. Seems it's living rent free in your head. lol

Good stuff. :P

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Black96Z: these threads were everywhere when the Pro was revealed, are you kidding?

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

I hear the clattering of mechanical keyboard keys across the world from the shookey shaked effect of X1X on the Master Races basement dwellings!

The Master Races parents can't even hear their picture shows from all the racket going on in their basements.