The Witcher 2 Leaked Online

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts

Than hating on / quoting Indzman ...

Be wise and think do you want to enjoy games or go on fighting on and on on Sysyem Wars ? .

Be a smart gamer , 've a Gaming P.C , buy your choicest consoles , 've fun playing them than wasting time on system wars or feeling bad about console games not releasing on PC .

indzman
Um? Are you suggesting that I am unwise because I'm posting on system wars instead of playing games? I guess the irony there is lost on you? Why don't you be a smart gamer and go play a game instead of wasting time on system wars making bold claims about the death of PC gaming? lol
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

console development increasing is nothing to do with piracy, 3 or 2 consoles vs 1 pc platform = twice or three times the sales, simple.

theres just as much piracy on consoles as their is on pc, if not more.

it's just that there are multiple console platforms so it doesn't hit the sales as much.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#153 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts

PC gaming is long dead , most PC gamers who can afford consoles've turned console gamers and enjoying exclusive console titles , some remaining and new PC gamers loving and defending PC ( in course of time they'll also turn to consoles in the long run seeiing major titles releasing for consoles , PC hardware getting obsolete every year , freinds enjoying on consoles ) .

Console gaming is the future and wisest decision for gamers .

To enjoy gaming , console is the way .

indzman

Most console gamers who can afford PC gaming turned PC gamers and enjoying way more great exclusives than all the consoles combined have , some remaining and new console gamers loving and defending consoles ( in course of time they'll also turn to PCs in the long run seeiing major titles releasing for PCs , console hardware is obsolete when it launches, and is now over half a decade old , my steam friends list allows for better interaction ) .PC gaming is the future and wisest decision for gamers .

To enjoy gaming , PC is the way PC allows gaming with any controller, on any screen, through Steam, where you can save thousands on gaming. Its got mods that turn crap games into great ones, and make great games into awesome ones. I love how you even mentioned the thing about hardware, console hardware is absolute trash compared to even the PC hardware that came out the same year as the 360 or PS3. By now, PCs could do graphics 4 or 5 times better if they were not held back by consoles.

milannoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 milannoir
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Than hating on / quoting Indzman ...

Be wise and think do you want to enjoy games or go on fighting on and on on Sysyem Wars ? .

Be a smart gamer , 've a Gaming P.C , buy your choicest consoles , 've fun playing them than wasting time on system wars or feeling bad about console games not releasing on PC .

indzman

I actually feel sorry for all you're missing.

Anyway, I am presently DLing The Witcher 2 from GOG and am impatient to try it out! I'm gonna have to put aside going through my backlog of awesome games on Steam, but, hey, know what? PC gaming is dying they say, so maybe one day I'll finally manage to test what a drought of games feels like he he.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

There's something reassuring about knowing that any negative news regarding something on PC will ultimately turn into a declaration of PC gaming's death, followed by an equally passionate defense of PC gaming's virtues.

Anyway, any leak no matter the system is a shame. The Witcher 2 is no doubt a great game from a great developer, but I don't consider piracy any more "acceptable" for an Ubisoft or Capcom product either (which is the vibe/implication I get from some of these articles).

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Do PC gamers care? Forget generosity. It's going to be pirated to hell and back. Even though I am buying it on PC, I say bring on the Console version. If there were a PS3 or 360 version I would've bought it on either of those first. Though I think this pretty much ensures a Console version at some point.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

PC gaming is long dead , most PC gamers who can afford consoles've turned console gamers and enjoying exclusive console titles , some remaining and new PC gamers loving and defending PC ( in course of time they'll also turn to consoles in the long run seeiing major titles releasing for consoles , PC hardware getting obsolete every year , freinds enjoying on consoles ) .

Console gaming is the future and wisest decision for gamers .

To enjoy gaming , console is the way .

indzman

Strange... I used to play consoles, now I mostly only play PC games...

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Bebi_vegeta

Do PC gamers care? Forget generosity. It's going to be pirated to hell and back. Even though I am buying it on PC, I say bring on the Console version. If there were a PS3 or 360 version I would've bought it on either of those first. Though I think this pretty much ensures a Console version at some point.

Puckhog04

Well I beleive any company wants to make more money, so bringing the game to console only makes sense.

But, that has nothing to do with pirating the game... Because games are just as pirated before they are release on console too.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Puckhog04

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Bebi_vegeta

Well I beleive any company wants to make more money, so bringing the game to console only makes sense.

But, that has nothing to do with pirating the game... Because games are just as pirated before they are release on console too.

True, games are pirated on consoles as well. Though not even 1/8 of what is pirated on PC. You do not have games getting pirated 4 million times on a Console. Most of these games sell better on Consoles because of the fact that pirating is rare when compared to PC pirating. But, yes, Console games are pirated as well. It's just a shame CDProjekt is going to lose money like this. I'm actually picking up Witcher 2 next week, it looks great.

ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#160 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
Stop responding to the obvious troll.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

Puckhog04

True, games are pirated on consoles as well. Though not even 1/8 of what is pirated on PC. You do not have games getting pirated 4 million times on a Console. Most of these games sell better on Consoles because of the fact that pirating is rare when compared to PC pirating. But, yes, Console games are pirated as well. It's just a shame CDProjekt is going to lose money like this. I'm actually picking up Witcher 2 next week, it looks great.

Probably less pirated, yes. But don't just put numbers in the air lollll 1/8? And what's the game that got pirated 4 million times, I bet it's a COD game?

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#162 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts
The majority of the posters in this thread did not actually read the entirety of the article. According to many comments followed up on the article, the article has been accused of bias, and the leaked game is in fact unplayable.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Puckhog04

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Bebi_vegeta

Probably less pirated, yes. But don't just put numbers in the air lollll 1/8? And what's the game that got pirated 4 million times, I bet it's a COD game?

Crysis 1 was pirated around 4 million times as well on PC back when it came out. CoD we all know about. Yea, the 1/8 was just the first fraction that came to mind. :P Just more or less trying to display a point.

ultrapc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 ultrapc
Member since 2010 • 808 Posts
[QUOTE="GhoX"]The majority of the posters in this thread did not actually read the entirety of the article. According to many comments followed up on the article, the article has been accused of bias, and the leaked game is in fact unplayable.

Exactly , It's not cracked yet and is in Russian so basically it's a waste of HDD space .
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
You guys get my money not only for making an epic game but for not have DRM. Thanks, CD projeckt's you guys are the new Bioware.
SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

Bebi_vegeta

Yeah, Call of Duty Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 were both pirated 4+ million times within 2 months of their release.

Within that same two month period the Xbox 360 version of Black Ops and MW2 was pirated 930,000 and 970,000 times, respectively. So it's really closer to "one-fourth" rather than "one-eighth".

The frustrating thing about PC piracy is just that popular games are usually pirated well in excess of sales numbers. Whereas with consoles, sales numbers usually well exceed the number of pirated copies.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

You guys get my money not only for making an epic game but for not have DRM. Thanks, CD projeckt's you guys are the new Bioware.Fightingfan

oh god, does this mean they took out missions of the game and will resell them for $15 each at launch? :o

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]You guys get my money not only for making an epic game but for not have DRM. Thanks, CD projeckt's you guys are the new Bioware.Jankarcop

oh god, does this mean they took out missions of the game and will resell them for $15 each at launch? :o

At least the game would be playable then right after launch.
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 SkyWard20

[QUOTE="GhoX"]The majority of the posters in this thread did not actually read the entirety of the article. According to many comments followed up on the article, the article has been accused of bias, and the leaked game is in fact unplayable.ultrapc
Exactly , It's not cracked yet and is in Russian so basically it's a waste of HDD space .

The game not having been cracked yet is a long shot away from making it a waste of space.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
Good old PC pirates at it again.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#171 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Good old PC pirates at it again. KC_Hokie

Yeah because PC pirates are responsible for the leak right? :roll:

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Good old PC pirates at it again. pelvist

A PC game got pirated and yet PC pirates aren't responsible? RIGHT! lol!
Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]You guys get my money not only for making an epic game but for not have DRM. Thanks, CD projeckt's you guys are the new Bioware.SkyWard20

Yep Bioware has a long history of bug free releases... oh wait.
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Bebi_vegeta

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

SakusEnvoy

Yeah, Call of Duty Black Ops and Modern Warfare 2 were both pirated 4+ million times within 2 months of their release.

Within that same two month period the Xbox 360 version of Black Ops and MW2 was pirated 930,000 and 970,000 times, respectively. So it's really closer to "one-fourth" rather than "one-eighth".

The frustrating thing about PC piracy is just that popular games are usually pirated well in excess of sales numbers. Whereas with consoles, sales numbers usually well exceed the number of pirated copies.

I hate the COD example since they pissed the PC community badly. It's like taking the worst example out of PC negative part and making it like it was representatif of the whole PC gaming.

But it's not an excuse, it's too bad. Either the game gets pirated on PC or consoles... it's a shame.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 SkyWard20

[QUOTE="SkyWard20"][QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

SAGE_OF_FIRE

Yep Bioware has a long history of bug free releases... oh wait.

Can't say I've ever had any huge problems. Witcher was a mess.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Puckhog04

[QUOTE="Bebi_vegeta"]

[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

SakusEnvoy

But then look at the sales of MW2 and Black Ops on the 360. Each sold well over 7 million on 360 alone. That's not even looking at PS3 sales. That's my point. Compared to sales of these games on Consoles, the piracy is there, but it's nothing compared to what's sold. Those are also 2 of the highest selling games on any platform as well as probably the biggest amount of any game pirated on a Console in a long time. Games on Consoles don't typically get pirated in the hundred thousands.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#180 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

[QUOTE="ultrapc"][QUOTE="GhoX"]The majority of the posters in this thread did not actually read the entirety of the article. According to many comments followed up on the article, the article has been accused of bias, and the leaked game is in fact unplayable.SkyWard20

The game not having been cracked yet is a long shot away from making it a waste of space.

I think that those awkward fantasy cliches make it a waste of space. Dwarf blacksmiths ...thought this game was supposed to be original.
MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

There goes The Witcher 2's P.C market :( . PC pirates've no loyalty towards The Witcher 2 . CD Projekt better hurry with console release of The Witcher 2 ( Money , Fame awaits in console market ) :)

Crytek learnt it the hard way lol .

indzman

Do you realize that every game leak early the same goes for console games.

Also dose crysis 2 on consoles sold more than crysis 1 and warhead? I don't think so.

http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/27545090 (Crysis sold 3+ million, Warhead 1.5+ million copies until May 2010)

and Witcher 2 probably will not came to consoles and if it cam it will be the version not worth to play( I mean 1280x720, 25-30fps, low setting, controller, etc)

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 SkyWard20
[QUOTE="SkyWard20"]

[QUOTE="ultrapc"] Exactly , It's not cracked yet and is in Russian so basically it's a waste of HDD space . GeneralShowzer

I think that those awkward fantasy cliches make it a waste of space. Dwarf blacksmiths ...thought this game was supposed to be original.

What? I wasn't referring to what I think of its quality. :?
malikmmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 malikmmm
Member since 2003 • 2235 Posts
[QUOTE="pelvist"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Good old PC pirates at it again. KC_Hokie

so the person who leaked that was a pc gamer in your opinion ? :roll: right....
malikmmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 malikmmm
on topic. it doesnt matter, it was bound to happen. i am quite sure that witcher 2 would still end up selling well
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#185 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

Well that sucks. This another reason to go digital only tbh.

Espada12
That doesn't make any sense..
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="pelvist"]

malikmmm

It was pirated via PC. Therefore a PC pirate. Who do you think pirated it...aliens with laser pistols and infrared data collection technology? Can bigfoot use a computer now?

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="malikmmm"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]A PC game got pirated and yet PC pirates aren't responsible? RIGHT! lol!KC_Hokie

It was pirated via PC. Therefore a PC pirate. Who do you think pirated it...aliens with laser pistols and infrared data collection technology? Can bigfoot use a computer now?

So what about console games, software, and handheld games?

A pirate is a pirate. No changing that. Useless to single them out.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

A week from release date? Meh....

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]

[QUOTE="malikmmm"] so the person who leaked that was a pc gamer in your opinion ? :roll: right....ChubbyGuy40

Piracy is bigger problem on PC than any other platform. PC developers have acknowledged this. Rampant PC piracy is the biggest flaw of PC gaming.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#190 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]It was pirated via PC. Therefore a PC pirate. Who do you think pirated it...aliens with laser pistols and infrared data collection technology? Can bigfoot use a computer now?

KC_Hokie

Piracy is bigger problem on PC than any other platform.

The PSP has some games that were pirated more than 5 million times, so it´s not really like that.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

Arach666

Piracy is bigger problem on PC than any other platform.

The PSP has some games that were pirated more than 5 million times, so it´s not really like that.

Link?
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]It was pirated via PC. Therefore a PC pirate. Who do you think pirated it...aliens with laser pistols and infrared data collection technology? Can bigfoot use a computer now?

KC_Hokie

Piracy is bigger problem on PC than any other platform. PC developers have acknowledged this. Rampant PC piracy is the biggest flaw of PC gaming.

Having more piracy does not make console piracy nonexistent. ANd if you check a torrent site the leak of witcher 2 has alot less people downloading it than brink on the 360. A game that got leaked early on the 360.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
[QUOTE="Espada12"]

xsubtownerx

Retail copies are what is being leaked, they have to ship the game to retail stores prior to release.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#194 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts

[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]Piracy is bigger problem on PC than any other platform. DroidPhysX

Link?

Here.

KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 KC_Hokie

[QUOTE="KC_Hokie"][QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

ferret-gamer

Having more piracy does not make console piracy nonexistent. ANd if you check a torrent site the leak of witcher 2 has alot less people downloading it than brink on the 360. A game that got leaked early on the 360.

I said piracy was a bigger problem on PCs than any other platform. No more, no less.
malikmmm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 malikmmm

[QUOTE="malikmmm"][QUOTE="KC_Hokie"]A PC game got pirated and yet PC pirates aren't responsible? RIGHT! lol!KC_Hokie

that is one of the most lamest comment i have ever seen here on gamespot forums since 2003. DONT you get it or do you even read comments before quoting someone? ? so tell me people who pirate console games are in your opinion "pc pirates too" ? since it was pirated on pc ?
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="Espada12"]

xsubtownerx

Digital only = no pre - release date leaks. Although it doesn't make much difference in the end.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Arach666"]

Arach666

Link?

Here.

Holy...:shock:

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I can't wait to buy this game. Sucks this happened, but I will still be buying it, not getting it illegally.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"][QUOTE="Arach666"]

Arach666

Link?

Here.

I think that DS piracy is close to PC piracy, if not bigger.I've read something about it...