The Witcher 2 Leaked Online

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TommyWieseau81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 TommyWieseau81
Member since 2011 • 455 Posts
Wow, aweso- Oh, thats er... awful. Those poor devs :(
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#102 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

[QUOTE="tagyhag"] Shhh, let him have his moment. :)Seiki_sands

It was so successful, Crytek laid off their most productive subsidiary, and now their main project is a kinect 360 exclusive.

1. Link to Kinect exclusive? I read it was confirmed as Kinect compatible, not Kinect exclusive.

2. I assume you're talking about the lay-offs at Crytek Budapest? Those lay-offs occured because the responsibility for Codename Kingdoms was taken out of the hands of Budapest and placed in the hands of the main Crytek studio, Crytek Frankfurt. Your sarcastic insinuations that Crytek 2 performing poorly had anything to do with those lay-offs are unfounded and most likely backwards as it makes no sense that Crytek would shift development of a console exclusive from a subsidiary to their main studio if they were in any way hurt by their last effort on consoles.

Crytek expected to sell 7 million copies of Crysis 2. It was heavily marketed and the budget was huge. The game shipped 2 million, it will probably sell 2 million worldwide by the end of the year. It launched very poorly on the NPD chart. It will be gone from it this month. It's far from a success. And Crytek Budapest made Crysis Warhead. They fired them all and now they are making mobile games. Kingdoms was a thing on the side, a platform made by a subsidiary studio.

Now it's their main project, because they don't even have the cash to fund a new one. It's MS money anyway.

SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

Like Valve and Blizzard games, this is just something you just don't pirate. Its sad that games like this get leaked. Hopefully not pirated too much. Even on the torrent page there is a huge proportion of people telling not to pirate it.

ferret-gamer
Pirates telling people not to pirate the Witcher 2 is freakin' ridiculous.
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

[QUOTE="Seiki_sands"]

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] It was so successful, Crytek laid off their most productive subsidiary, and now their main project is a kinect 360 exclusive.

GeneralShowzer

1. Link to Kinect exclusive? I read it was confirmed as Kinect compatible, not Kinect exclusive.

2. I assume you're talking about the lay-offs at Crytek Budapest? Those lay-offs occured because the responsibility for Codename Kingdoms was taken out of the hands of Budapest and placed in the hands of the main Crytek studio, Crytek Frankfurt. Your sarcastic insinuations that Crytek 2 performing poorly had anything to do with those lay-offs are unfounded and most likely backwards as it makes no sense that Crytek would shift development of a console exclusive from a subsidiary to their main studio if they were in any way hurt by their last effort on consoles.

Crytek expected to sell 7 million copies of Crysis 2. It was heavily marketed and the budget was huge. The game shipped 2 million, it will probably sell 2 million worldwide by the end of the year. It launched very poorly on the NPD chart. It will be gone from it this month. It's far from a success. And Crytek Budapest made Crysis Warhead. They fired them all and now they are making mobile games. Kingdoms was a thing on the side, a platform made by a subsidiary studio.

Now it's their main project, because they don't even have the cash to fund a new one. It's MS money anyway.

If the game shipped 2 million, you realize that it sold faster than the first Crysis? :?

-- A developer coming out and saying they want seven million sales doesn't mean they'd consider it a failure if the game would sell any less.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]

Like Valve and Blizzard games, this is just something you just don't pirate. Its sad that games like this get leaked. Hopefully not pirated too much. Even on the torrent page there is a huge proportion of people telling not to pirate it.

SkyWard20

Yes it is, what a joke.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

GeneralShowzer

While its not nice to see people loose there jobs I think a lot of gamers would like to see Crytek fail. They really did screw over their own audience.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts

There goes The Witcher 2's P.C market :( . PC pirates've no loyalty towards The Witcher 2 . CD Projekt better hurry with console release of The Witcher 2 ( Money , Fame awaits in console market ) :)

Crytek learnt it the hard way lol .

indzman

Which is why they sold more copies of crysis 2 and made way more profit then crysis 1 oh wait...

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
[QUOTE="SkyWard20"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]

Advid-Gamer

Yes it is, what a joke.

The reason a lot of people pirate for for reasons like DRM, getting the short end of the stick on multiplats, games being too expensive in their regions. These are the typical excuses. Of course a lot pirate "because they can". But CD Projeckt RED went out of their way to eliminate all the things pirates complain about, you can get a DRM free version, you can pay the same as everyone else, and its a fully PC title.
DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 DJ_Headshot

Sad but doesn't every game get leaked before release nowadays? The game is pretty much guaranteed 2 million + in sales since thats what the first one sold being a brand new IP with word of mouth alone now you have a massively improved sequel with alot of hype behind it and while the game was leaked it wasn't cracked this won't affect sales much at all.

ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

[QUOTE="tagyhag"] Shhh, let him have his moment. :)Seiki_sands

It was so successful, Crytek laid off their most productive subsidiary, and now their main project is a kinect 360 exclusive.

You do realise that Crysis and Crysis Warhead has sold over 5million on PC? Crysis 2 on 3 platforms is not even half of that! Crytek's shift to the 360 among other things is about the cash thrown at them by MS.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 DJ_Headshot

ferret-gamer

So Valve and Blizzard games which are pretty much guaranteed to sell several millions of copies are the games that you "just don't pirate" meanwhile all the smaller dev's particular indie dev's where sales are not guaranteed and a bomb in sales could very well mean the end of a good developer its ok to pirate their games. All piracy is wrong and don't condone any sort of piracy but just wanted to point out the sillyness of that statement.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"][QUOTE="SkyWard20"] Pirates telling people not to pirate the Witcher 2 is freakin' ridiculous.

Yes it is, what a joke.

The reason a lot of people pirate for for reasons like DRM, getting the short end of the stick on multiplats, games being too expensive in their regions. These are the typical excuses. Of course a lot pirate "because they can". But CD Projeckt RED went out of their way to eliminate all the things pirates complain about, you can get a DRM free version, you can pay the same as everyone else, and its a fully PC title.

People pirate because it's an excellent free game. Most people don't know / care how much the developer tries, or how much their existence depends on the sales.
guildclaws

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 guildclaws
Member since 2009 • 7921 Posts

Well that sucks :(

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 GeneralShowzer

[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"]

[QUOTE="Seiki_sands"]

SkyWard20

If the game shipped 2 million, you realize that it sold faster than the first Crysis? :?

-- A developer coming out and saying they want seven million sales doesn't mean they'd consider it a failure if the game would sell any less.

Well, we don't know sales since EA disclosed only the "shipped" .They won't reveal anything more if it makes the game look bad. I read an article about that. And yeah, you know that Crysis 2 had a lot bigger budget (maybe double), a lot more aggressive marketing , it was a sequel, and the sales still are comparable. They might not lose money with Crysis 2, but they aren't going to make much either.

Look at it this way, Crysis expectations were met. They say that in an interview, in a year the expectations were met. And Crysis proved to have more legs than the average game.

They make Crytek Budampest, they fund Crysis Warhead . That sells great too.

Then they buy Crytek UK another studio.

And after Crysis 2 what to they do? They close **** down.

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 DJ_Headshot
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="110million"][QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"] Yes it is, what a joke.

People pirate because it's an excellent free game. Most people don't know / care how much the developer tries, or how much their existence depends on the sales.

Exactly people don't pirate crap games they pirate good games with blatant disregard to the developer and all the hard work they put into the game and how much they need decent sales. Only wish to fufill their self-fish desires for a luxury they want but don't pay for it.
kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

I've already paid for the game and just waiting for release, why haven't I been offered a digital copy if the game is already done? So pirates are once again getting the perks of illegal downloads, while we that pay waits. I can't understand why people are blaming the pirates, when I should have a game that i paid for months ago when it's done, not months later.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 GeneralShowzer

I've already paid for the game and just waiting for release, why haven't I been offered a digital copy if the game is already done? So pirates are once again getting the perks of illegal downloads, while we that pay waits. I can't understand why people are blaming the pirates, when I should have a game that i paid for months ago when it's done, not months later.

kaealy
No they aren't. It's been mentioned several times in the thread, pirates can't play the game. CD Projekt expected this, they are not stupid. The DRM does it's job to prevent pre-release cracks.
pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#119 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Console games get leaked more often, but for some reason never get the same amount of news articles or threads.

Jankarcop

Yeah consolites like to make a big deal about it when its a PC game yet almost every single high profile game on consoles gets leaked at least a week early for both the 360 and the PS3. Whats even more strange is that consolites seem to think its PC gamers fault that someone leaked a game and not the insider who had access to it in the fist place in order to actually leak it.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 110million
[QUOTE="DJ_Headshot"] Exactly people don't pirate crap games they pirate good games with blatant disregard to the developer and all the hard work they put into the game and how much they need decent sales. Only wish to fufill their self-fish desires for a luxury they want but don't pay for it.

That is a lot of generalization. Some people pirate because they don't even have access to games, or live in countries with low minimum wages, but where games cost a lot more than they do here. I don't mind paying full price for a game, and another person getting it for free if they are meant to pay like twice what I paid for example. Even a major country like Australia has games for way higher costs, so who knows how bad it is in some more 3rd world countries?
Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#122 deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

[QUOTE="SuperVegeta518"]

They're also basically giving the enhanced edition of first game away for $5 on gog.com. If you haven't played it and you have a decent enough mahcine you shouldn't pass it up.

Elann2008

This and read the books! They're amazing!

I would read them, if they would release Times of Contempt in English in my life time. I've read everything else. They just keep pushing it back. First it was to be released in the fall of 2010. Then April 2011 and now it pushed to sometime in 2012. I'll probably learn Polish before they'll release it.

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts

[QUOTE="agpickle"]

[QUOTE="indzman"]

There goes The Witcher 2's P.C market :( . PC pirates've no loyalty towards The Witcher 2 . CD Projekt better hurry with console release of The Witcher 2 ( Money , Fame awaits in console market ) :)

indzman

Wow. Really?

Yeah , its a fact .

Crytek learnt in the hard way with Crysis . See Crysis 2 now and its a commercial success :)

Yes it's fact. It's funny how everytime this has been said, hermits freak out and say it's nonsense. Yet they wonder why every PC developer has spinted to consoles.... Let's face it. Other than Blizzard games, PC gaming in the eyes of mainstream society is still viewed as geeky. Console gaming is currently accepted as the main form of entertainment in the world
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="Easyle"][QUOTE="tagyhag"] Shhh, let him have his moment. :)Advid-Gamer

STFU. PC gamers moan and complain about how they aren't getting good games anymore. Then they pirate the crap out of the games and they wonder why PC devs go to the consoles. It makes me laugh at peoples stupidity.

I am a pc gamer and completely agree with you, altho the pc gamers here seem to live on alittle cloud where pirating is not affecting pc games, as we see all of them go to consoles and developers complain piriating right before our eyes. People need to wake up.

Which is why the PC is the most developed for platform and the triple A exclusives in general are fast becoming a thing of the past, despite piracy? The two of you need to wake up to the obvious that it's no longer 2006, and the state of PC gaming has been rapidly changing in the last five years.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#125 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
The two of you need to wake up to the obvious that it's no longer 2006, and the state of PC gaming has been rapidly changing in the last five years.skrat_01
For the worst...... game wise, but sales wise the problem is that console get more money than what pc games standard sales are. Feel free to correct me, i am just making chit chat, not a serious argument.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 skrat_01
[QUOTE="BodyElite"]Yes it's fact. It's funny how everytime this has been said, hermits freak out and say it's nonsense. Yet they wonder why every PC developer has spinted to consoles.... Let's face it. Other than Blizzard games, PC gaming in the eyes of mainstream society is still viewed as geeky. Console gaming is currently accepted as the main form of entertainment in the world

Every PC developer? Why am I looking at the current trend in multiplatform development this generation on a broad scale, and more cross platform and former console IPs now making their way to the PC this generation. Looking through your own personal spectacles you have that view, which is your own loss considering the PC is home to the most mainstream forms of gaming with the widest and most diverse demographics, and utter niche. You can stay within your logic bubble if you want, but you won't be getting closer to the truth. Because 'core' gaming in general has completely shed it's adolescent image of a hobby for man-children, right? Delicious irony in siding with a troll's argument.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 110million
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]The two of you need to wake up to the obvious that it's no longer 2006, and the state of PC gaming has been rapidly changing in the last five years.dakan45
For the worst...... game wise, but sales wise the problem is that console get more money than what pc games standard sales are. Feel free to correct me, i am just making chit chat, not a serious argument.

Steam is a serious competitor now, but they don't release sales numbers. Its hard to know just how much some PC games sell. Considering so many major titles are top sellers for weeks at a time, I'm sure its a lot more then some people expect.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]The two of you need to wake up to the obvious that it's no longer 2006, and the state of PC gaming has been rapidly changing in the last five years.110million

Steam is a serious competitor now, but they don't release sales numbers. Its hard to know just how much some PC games sell. Considering so many major titles are top sellers for weeks at a time, I'm sure its a lot more then some people expect.

Or the opposite. Good point never the less. ;)

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 skrat_01
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]The two of you need to wake up to the obvious that it's no longer 2006, and the state of PC gaming has been rapidly changing in the last five years.dakan45

How for the worst? If it was a similar situation to the mid 2000s where the cost of development, and distribution was causing developers to deliberately aim for a broad audience I'd agree, however this isn't the case. We're in an era where digital distribution allows creative driven low budget titles to flourish and find their audience, as well as complex niches to survive alongside triple A budge retail games. Things are better than they have been in a long time, furthermore that titles of old are available at our fingertips if we want to wax nostalgia or reflect on gaming times past. The reality is console titles don't automatically result in higher profit margins - the market is very different to the state of the PC. Big budget games are high risk enterprises, they either succeed or fail miserably; and the percentage of triple A titles that are financially successful are growing thinner, as publishers throw bigger amounts into development costs and marketing in order to holding their ground against their big budget rivals. Which on the PC doesn't matter much. The 'highstreet retail' business model has long since passed and actually hitting a target audience is easier, even when you're operating within a limited budget. That's why Paradox is doing so well with their strategy games, and why we can play new games like IL2: Cliffs of Dover and the DSC series - despite these former niche genre titles being almost phased out entirely a few years ago. Look back in retrospect, in the 'golden age' era of PC games, which most of us would fondly point out as the 90s, the PC was firmly embedded in niche gaming, and the majority of the treasured PC titles were never heavily marketed titles that ever broke into the mainstream; from X-Com, Kings Quest to Deus Ex. It's only as development costs and budget risk began to rise with production values in the 2000s that things began to change dramatically, and now, with changing business models, higher amounts of communication between developers and the audience, as well as easy to use development kits - the actual future of PC gaming is looking far more positive than it once did. In this current climate it could be argued the PC is actually moving into safer hands than the current console climate, which has moved into depending on hardware prephrials to grow its market share and financial security. Computing power is increasing at a ridiculous rate, even on handheld devices, and were at the stage where a gamer can fund the development of a game, and watch its progress and interact with the developers, nor are games subject to the usual release cycles. Honestly, it's a really exiting at the moment and things will only get more interesting in the next decade or so. Hell, wind the clock back five years ago and I would have scoffed at the idea of a game like 'Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble' being something that could have turned a profit, or games like Gemini Rue even existing - or hell, the Adventure and simulation genre in general rising from the ashes.
Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

Every game gets leaked at some point I think.

Just do your part and BUY the game. I know I will. They can still achieve the profits they deserve, we just have to do OUR part.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 dakan45

I think the other guy explained everything with steam, so thanks no further explanation needed. Perhaps there is more innovation nowdays but there is also less quality and less big devs on pc, leavig it on consoles. EVEN crytek. But then again someone got to start somewhere and so far both crysis 2 and fear 2 failed on consoles which first games have been pc oriented.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

ferret-gamer
Yea I dont see that, all I see is a load of thanks and excitement, valve and blizzard games are pirated to death aswell. you can play on Warcraft III servers as a group of how many you want as long as 1 has a legit key.
110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 110million
[QUOTE="BodyElite"] Hell, ask yourself why the Witcher 2 isn't PC exclusive like the first. Then read the topic title of this thread to get your answer.

The reason so many games went from PC-exclusive to multiplatform is the same reason games went from Sony or Microsoft exclusives to multiplatform. Games are more expensive, and its pointless to try to reach a smaller audiance when you have the option to reach a larger one. Have you ever worked for a company that sells a product or service? The goal is always to reach as many people as possible, before, you could make up for the gap in sales by having a company like Sony buy exclusivity, and they still buy some developers to insure they have a reason someone buys their console over others. That said, there is little reason to make games exclusive in general. Microsoft paid 50 million to have GTA4 DLC exclusive for like a year, but Rockstar knew it was not worth it to keep it exclusive forever, since they would make a lot more money releasing it everywhere eventually. Guess what will happen when The Witcher 2 comes out on consoles? It will be pirated, what the hell is the difference exactly?
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="BodyElite"]Yes it's fact. It's funny how everytime this has been said, hermits freak out and say it's nonsense. Yet they wonder why every PC developer has spinted to consoles.... Let's face it. Other than Blizzard games, PC gaming in the eyes of mainstream society is still viewed as geeky. Console gaming is currently accepted as the main form of entertainment in the worldBodyElite
Every PC developer? Why am I looking at the current trend in multiplatform development this generation on a broad scale, and more cross platform and former console IPs now making their way to the PC this generation. Looking through your own personal spectacles you have that view, which is your own loss considering the PC is home to the most mainstream forms of gaming with the widest and most diverse demographics, and utter niche. You can stay within your logic bubble if you want, but you won't be getting closer to the truth. Because 'core' gaming in general has completely shed it's adolescent image of a hobby for man-children, right? Delicious irony in siding with a troll's argument.

You are a PC gamer which is in denial. Everything I mentioned is a fact. Sure there's still exclusive PC developers left, but who are they? All the big companies have aborted ship with Crytek being the most recent. Hell, ask yourself why the Witcher 2 isn't PC exclusive like the first. Then read the topic title of this thread to get your answer. Hermits sit hunched over in their computer chairs on a cloud looking down on the console market, but quite frankly it's the other way around. Denial at it's finest. But of course you will read this and go off in a denial rage once again

1. Witcher2 is launching as an exclusive. You'll have to wait a while before you can play the inferior garbage version.

2. Just because its not mainstream or popular doens't mean it does not count. PC has 3x the exclusives than any given console.

3. The PC market grows every year, and is above each console individually. You have to combine the 3 to have a chance.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#136 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

You are a PC gamer which is in denial. Everything I mentioned is a fact. Sure there's still exclusive PC developers left, but who are they? All the big companies have aborted ship with Crytek being the most recent. Hell, ask yourself why the Witcher 2 isn't PC exclusive like the first. Then read the topic title of this thread to get your answer. Hermits sit hunched over in their computer chairs on a cloud looking down on the console market, but quite frankly it's the other way around. Denial at it's finest. But of course you will read this and go off in a denial rage once againBodyElite

The PC has the most highest scoring exclusives then both HD twins combined, and is getting over 90+ exclusives this year alone, plus superior multiplats, superior free content (free mods), vastly superior visuals in all games, hence being the superior platform, by definition. That's fact. You bashing the PC because you can't accept that consoles are horribly outdated and a extremely limited form of gaming is not 'fact', but a childish rant by a consolite.

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Birdy09
[QUOTE="BodyElite"][QUOTE="skrat_01"][QUOTE="BodyElite"]Yes it's fact. It's funny how everytime this has been said, hermits freak out and say it's nonsense. Yet they wonder why every PC developer has spinted to consoles.... Let's face it. Other than Blizzard games, PC gaming in the eyes of mainstream society is still viewed as geeky. Console gaming is currently accepted as the main form of entertainment in the world

You are a PC gamer which is in denial. Everything I mentioned is a fact. Sure there's still exclusive PC developers left, but who are they? All the big companies have aborted ship with Crytek being the most recent. Hell, ask yourself why the Witcher 2 isn't PC exclusive like the first. Then read the topic title of this thread to get your answer. Hermits sit hunched over in their computer chairs on a cloud looking down on the console market, but quite frankly it's the other way around. Denial at it's finest. But of course you will read this and go off in a denial rage once again

Demon Souls sold well on PS3 so why has it gone to 360 aswell? Super Street Fighter 4 to PC aswell, your logic is cherry picked and innacurate.
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"][QUOTE="indzman"]

Crytek learnt it the hard way lol .

mattuk69

Killzone 3 was leaked before its release date. The full version of Crysis 2 was first leaked on consoles. Consoles get leaks all the time.

Yeah Yeah ... i'm a troll for saying Piracy destroying P.C gaming . Reports / News are a bunch of fools including me who highlinght PC piracy :lol:

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 skrat_01

You are a PC gamer which is in denial. Everything I mentioned is a fact. Sure there's still exclusive PC developers left, but who are they? All the big companies have aborted ship with Crytek being the most recent. Hell, ask yourself why the Witcher 2 isn't PC exclusive like the first. Then read the topic title of this thread to get your answer. Hermits sit hunched over in their computer chairs on a cloud looking down on the console market, but quite frankly it's the other way around. Denial at it's finest. But of course you will read this and go off in a denial rage once againBodyElite
Hahahaha, oh denial you say? No I'm confident I'm better informed than you are, nor am I stacked and one sided as your perspective is.

The big PC developers? Which 'big' developers have not moved their IPs into multiplatform development? An extreme minority of them. Fact of the matter is, not just on the PC, but in large budget development on a whole, hitting profitable targets requires a larger audience. Quite frankly it's an expected lifes cycle of developers, and with the large amount of production values behind a game like TW2 it's no wonder they're going to develop it to other platforms, they would be silly not to.

This isn't to say this is a rarity, how many developers have ever maintained an exclusive status as their businesses grew? X-Com found it's way onto the Playstation with the likes of Red Alert and Diablo, the Unreal and Quake series flirted with console development on more than one occasion, as did Valve's IPs, even AoE of all games walked into console space, heck I can play Syndiacte of all games on the PSP. Yet this generation I can play a predominately console centric IP like Street Fighter 4 Arcade on the PC, as well as Dead Rising 2 which were further removed from the PC space of traditional genre.

Fact of the matter is game development for high risk, large budget games do require multiplatform development, if not that, then serious incentives to stay focused on a single platform.

I'm sure if CD-Projekt didn't have their GOG.com infrastructure and other digital portals to sell their game, they would have aimed entirely for a multiplatform release. It's a matter of business direction, and not one that is at all entirely successful.

Crytek for instance had every reason to develop Crysis 2 as a multiplatform game, they wanted to develop their IP into a cross platform one with substantial financial weight; and so far the move was utterly underwhelming considering the budget backing the title, and the NPD results.

It's a higher risk game, developing a large budget, simple as that, and due to the speed of which digital space and alternate business methods have opened up on the PC, things are quite healthy on the platform - creative titles that aren't reliant on reaching large targets and flourish. A game like DSC A-10 can actually exist alongside Farmville and StarCraft 2; the console space is yet to hit this - and undoubtedly, in the next generation it should get much better, Which is why your argument is a nice laugh.

Hermits are like any fanboy, same goes back and fourth - lemmings and cows look down on sheep, who bite back on their own terms; if you're going to listen to any of them you should coat their words in salt.

Hermits sit hunched over their computers in their bedrooms, and their console brethren slouch on the mattress in their basement, I'm not in denial I fully embrace the stereotype for what it is - a stereotype, and a great one at that.

So please, I'd enjoy reading a well rounded counter argument, and have an actual debate, put your tinted spectacles back on and you'll see I've got all the time in the world while I read through a stained second edition D&D rulebook and shake my fist at those ignorant children having fun playing Mario Kart Wii.

ebluefie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 ebluefie
Member since 2011 • 129 Posts

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="agpickle"]

Wow. Really?

BodyElite

Yeah , its a fact .

Crytek learnt in the hard way with Crysis . See Crysis 2 now and its a commercial success :)

Yes it's fact. It's funny how everytime this has been said, hermits freak out and say it's nonsense. Yet they wonder why every PC developer has spinted to consoles.... Let's face it. Other than Blizzard games, PC gaming in the eyes of mainstream society is still viewed as geeky. Console gaming is currently accepted as the main form of entertainment in the world

So ... you game based on perception of others?

I guess we can't all like Mozart ... somebody has to buy the Brittney ...

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 skrat_01

I think the other guy explained everything with steam, so thanks no further explanation needed. Perhaps there is more innovation nowdays but there is also less quality and less big devs on pc, leavig it on consoles. EVEN crytek. But then again someone got to start somewhere and so far both crysis 2 and fear 2 failed on consoles which first games have been pc oriented.

dakan45
I think you should read my other post above.
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

[QUOTE="mattuk69"]

[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"] Killzone 3 was leaked before its release date. The full version of Crysis 2 was first leaked on consoles. Consoles get leaks all the time.indzman

Yeah Yeah ... i'm a troll for saying Piracy destroying P.C gaming . Reports / News are a bunch of fools including me who highlinght PC piracy :lol:

But pc gaming revenue was up in 2010.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]

Birdy09
Yea I dont see that, all I see is a load of thanks and excitement, valve and blizzard games are pirated to death aswell. you can play on Warcraft III servers as a group of how many you want as long as 1 has a legit key.

Where did you look? When checking the main pirate page there appear to be a large number of comments urging others to buy the game instead of downloading it. The fact that it only has 1000 leeches speaks for itself.
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19592 Posts

Not entirely relevant to this thread, but The Witcher 2 has now been *officially* 'leaked' online - preloads for preorders are available off gog.com.

My 10gb download has already finished! :o

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 indzman

PC gaming is long dead , most PC gamers who can afford consoles've turned console gamers and enjoying exclusive console titles , some remaining and new PC gamers loving and defending PC ( in course of time they'll also turn to consoles in the long run seeiing major titles releasing for consoles , PC hardware getting obsolete every year , freinds enjoying on consoles ) .

Console gaming is the future and wisest decision for gamers .

To enjoy gaming , console is the way .

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Birdy09
[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]

MrSelf-Destruct

Where did you look? When checking the main pirate page there appear to be a large number of comments urging others to buy the game instead of downloading it. The fact that it only has 1000 leeches speaks for itself.

I see a few comments on various sites, but the overall majority is thanks. However this is only in russian so as a leak its nearly useless.
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 MrSelf-Destruct

PC gaming is long dead , most PC gamers who can afford consoles've turned console gamers and enjoying exclusive console titles , some remaining and new PC gamers loving and defending PC ( in course of time they'll also turn to consoles in the long run seeiing major titles releasing for consoles , PC hardware getting obsolete every year , freinds enjoying on consoles ) .

Console gaming is the future and wisest decision for gamers .

To enjoy gaming , console is the way .

indzman
Lol. What if you're like me and have both consoles and a PC and still prefer PC? I mostly play on PC and know first hand that it provides me with the best gaming experience of the three. I've even considered selling my PS3 since I rarely play it these days. To enjoy gaming, the way you want to play is... uh... the way.
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 MrSelf-Destruct
[QUOTE="Birdy09"][QUOTE="MrSelf-Destruct"][QUOTE="Birdy09"] Yea I dont see that, all I see is a load of thanks and excitement, valve and blizzard games are pirated to death aswell. you can play on Warcraft III servers as a group of how many you want as long as 1 has a legit key.

I see a few comments on various sites, but the overall majority is thanks. However this is only in russian so as a leak its nearly useless.

Unless you're Russian. :P
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 indzman

Than hating on / quoting Indzman ...

Be wise and think do you want to enjoy games or go on fighting on and on on Sysyem Wars ? .

Be a smart gamer , 've a Gaming P.C , buy your choicest consoles , 've fun playing them than wasting time on system wars or feeling bad about console games not releasing on PC .

Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 Birdy09

Than hating on / quoting Indzman ...

Be wise and think do you want to enjoy games or go on fighting on and on on Sysyem Wars ? .

Be a smart gamer , 've a Gaming P.C , buy your choicest consoles , 've fun playing them than wasting time on system wars or feeling bad about console games not releasing on PC .

indzman
In a thread about a game thats not on consoles. k. Il go play Heroes of Newerth or World of Warcraft on consoles now, coz its so possible.