The Post E3 Wii U Sticky (you guessed it, keep it here)

• 197 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

OK folks, seems like everybody wants to talk about Wii U or has some new press release about the specs or aomething or other. And now that it's dominating the boards, you guessed it, it's time for a new sticky.

Want to talk about it's 720 resolution? Bring it up here? Third party support? This is the place. How does it's controller compare to "standard" dual analog? How much memory it has, the colour options, dual screen functionality, what ever some developer commented about the upcoming system.... yeah you get the idea.

This is the new home for ALL Wii U discussion. Have at you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

First post :3

I'm famous now.

Anyways, Wii U. Flop. :(.

And nice one Adobe, now there won't be a sea of Wii U threads anymore.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Thank you, good sir.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Wii-U sucks.
Nintendo sucks.
Also, the Wii-U sucks.

JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts
Well we know its not a next gen console.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bigboi500

Wii-U sucks.
Nintendo sucks.
Also, the Wii-U sucks.

Shirokishi_

Shirokishi_ sucks.

Xenoblade sucks.

Gamespot sucks.

System Wars sucks.

:P

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Yet it not sticky.:P

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts
Thank god. Let's see what can I post early in the thread so everyone afterwards looks like an idiot for ignoring? Rayman Legends, Trine 2, Scribblenauts Unlimited (Scribble with FSAA) all run native 1080p @ 60fps. Digital Foundry said that while Batman AC on Wii U has some missing assets it looks better than the console versions and has FXAA (which the 360/PS3 versions don't) [QUOTE="Digital Foundry"] First of all, there are fundamental differences in the lighting model - positioning is different, and some light sources are added, others taken away. Wii U also seems to be sporting motion blur, different settings in the atmospheric rendering, along with the addition of brand new assets to the scene - not just the banners hanging from the tower, but new textures in some places too - it actually seems to be more accurately representing the look of the building when you first make your way towards it after saving Catwoman in the game's first chapter. We're also fairly sure that the basic console 720p presentation has been augmented with FXAA or some equivalent post-process anti-aliasing, which is present in all the gameplay clips, but disabled when "detective vision" is in play. The PS3 and 360 versions feature no anti-aliasing at all.

The Wii U is rumored to have a GPU 1.5 times as strong as 360/PS3, so that could put it close to or above 800Mhz. It's rumored to have 1.5GB system RAM and a CPU that is at least triple core (maybe Quad) similar to 360's. more info here. Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land and Super Mario Bros U all run at native 720p @60fps. Rumored price of Wii U will be $299 with Nintendo Land as a pack-in get info here The Wii U will support USB Flash Memory, SD cards and USB Hard Drives Here for info Friend Codes are back but are toned down a lot and you may only need them for a few select features, also there is an achievement system but it isn't mandatory Here for info And Kotaku has joined the group of people that think Assassin's Creed III has better lighting and more NPCs on screen on Wii U than on PS3. And Ubisoft explains why Assassin's Creed III will be best on the Wii U And EA will be revealing more Wii U games (Dead Space 3?) later this summer.
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bonesawisready5
Well we know its not a next gen console.JohnnyCageMK
Well we know what your opinion on the matter is.
FanboysS_ck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FanboysS_ck
Member since 2012 • 50 Posts
Good ol' Adobe.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Wanderer5

Now it is. Also thanks Adobe for making a sticky it was getting out of hand.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bigboi500

Wanderer5

Liar. :P

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TilxWLOC
Member since 2011 • 1164 Posts

Sheep seem to love comparing wii-u to an ancient 7 year old console. Talk about low standards. Bubu on par or slightly better than 360 guys. Is anyone supposed to be impressed?

MFDOOM1983

Considering, sheep don't have anything else to compare to other than PC, what do you want? "Wii-U is not as weak compared to PC than, PS3/360." oh wait that is exactly the same thing. Then again, everyone else is comparing it to the other 2/3 of next gen, which is also the same as PC, according to them. It isn't like Nintendo said something like, "It can put out dual 1080 signals.", or some crap, they said it can put out 1080, which it can. Nothing being said here is a surprise, and it hardly matters what you compare it to. We don't know much about its specs, and the others of next gen are unrealistic. It is a lose/lose discussion then.

I don't have a problem with the Wii-U's power, it is fair, and will be affordable most likely, that is all I need, that and the good games I know are coming out, just speaking about what was shown this E3. I think the argument, if you can call it that, against PS4/Xbox3's fantasy specs, are all going to crumble on top of the people who believe them. Sony doesn't have too much money to lose. Also, why would Microsoft do it when it won't sell compared to cheaper hardware?

But, I continue to come into these threads to see all of these high hopes and think toward the likely future and wonder what they will say then. Unless Sony/Microsoft wait long enough for better hardware to be really cheap, but by then they would have fallen behind in library and sales.

Edit?: Bam, posted it here.You might have locked those other threads too early, possibly.I don't know how this works.

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TilxWLOC

Thank god. Let's see what can I post early in the thread so everyone afterwards looks like an idiot for ignoring?

Rayman Legends, Trine 2, Scribblenauts Unlimited (Scribble with FSAA) all run native 1080p @ 60fps. Digital Foundry said that while Batman AC on Wii U has some missing assets it looks better than the console versions and has FXAA (which the 360/PS3 versions don't)

[QUOTE="Digital Foundry"]

First of all, there are fundamental differences in the lighting model - positioning is different, and some light sources are added, others taken away. Wii U also seems to be sporting motion blur, different settings in the atmospheric rendering, along with the addition of brand new assets to the scene - not just the banners hanging from the tower, but new textures in some places too - it actually seems to be more accurately representing the look of the building when you first make your way towards it after saving Catwoman in the game's first chapter. We're also fairly sure that the basic console 720p presentation has been augmented with FXAA or some equivalent post-process anti-aliasing, which is present in all the gameplay clips, but disabled when "detective vision" is in play. The PS3 and 360 versions feature no anti-aliasing at all.

bonesawisready5

The Wii U is rumored to have a GPU 1.5 times as strong as 360/PS3, so that could put it close to or above 800Mhz

. It's rumored to have 1.5GB system RAM and a CPU that is at least triple core (maybe Quad) similar to 360's.more info here.

Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land and Super Mario Bros U all run at native 720p @60fps.

Rumored price of Wii U will be $299 with Nintendo Land as a pack-in get info here

The Wii U will support USB Flash Memory, SD cards and USB Hard Drives Here for info

Friend Codes are back but are toned down a lot and you may only need them for a few select features, also there is an achievement system but it isn't mandatory Here for info

Wasn't Digital foundry wrong about a few things though, like Pikmin 3's Frame-rate. I wouldn't count them as reliable, not until the games are out.

By the way, this was a pain to quote.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land and Super Mario Bros U all run at native 720p @60fps.Slashkice

Pikmin 3 currently runs at 30fps with an occasional drop.

Nintendo said it runs at 60 FPS and if not it will run at 60 FPS at launch.

Link

Though Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U run at 30 FPS.

ohgeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ohgeez
Member since 2011 • 919 Posts

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Thank god. Let's see what can I post early in the thread so everyone afterwards looks like an idiot for ignoring?

Rayman Legends, Trine 2, Scribblenauts Unlimited (Scribble with FSAA) all run native 1080p @ 60fps. Digital Foundry said that while Batman AC on Wii U has some missing assets it looks better than the console versions and has FXAA (which the 360/PS3 versions don't)

[QUOTE="Digital Foundry"]

First of all, there are fundamental differences in the lighting model - positioning is different, and some light sources are added, others taken away. Wii U also seems to be sporting motion blur, different settings in the atmospheric rendering, along with the addition of brand new assets to the scene - not just the banners hanging from the tower, but new textures in some places too - it actually seems to be more accurately representing the look of the building when you first make your way towards it after saving Catwoman in the game's first chapter. We're also fairly sure that the basic console 720p presentation has been augmented with FXAA or some equivalent post-process anti-aliasing, which is present in all the gameplay clips, but disabled when "detective vision" is in play. The PS3 and 360 versions feature no anti-aliasing at all.

TilxWLOC

The Wii U is rumored to have a GPU 1.5 times as strong as 360/PS3, so that could put it close to or above 800Mhz

. It's rumored to have 1.5GB system RAM and a CPU that is at least triple core (maybe Quad) similar to 360's.more info here.

Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land and Super Mario Bros U all run at native 720p @60fps.

Rumored price of Wii U will be $299 with Nintendo Land as a pack-in get info here

The Wii U will support USB Flash Memory, SD cards and USB Hard Drives Here for info

Friend Codes are back but are toned down a lot and you may only need them for a few select features, also there is an achievement system but it isn't mandatory Here for info

Wasn't Digital foundry wrong about a few things though, like Pikmin 3's Frame-rate. I wouldn't count them as reliable, not until the games are out.

By the way, this was a pain to quote.

No, they specifically stated that there was a discrepancy between what was said by nintendo (60fps) and what was confirmed when playing the demo (30fps) although whether it ships at 60 fps is unknown
ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts
YES! Thanks. Now we can keep things cleaner.
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

Ugh now all the news that comes out wont be seen by anyone here...

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

Nintendo said it runs at 60 FPS and if not it will run at 60 FPS at launch.

Link

Though Nintendo Land and New Super Mario Bros. U run at 30 FPS.

Slashkice

Yeah, that's why I said currently. Though I'm not convinced they'll get it up to 60 when it currently can't hold a rock-solid 30, we'll see I guess.

Nintendo Land and NSMBU are actually 60fps at this point.

I didn't know Nintendo Land and NSMBU were at 60 FPS because Nintendo ignored it and only stated that Pikmin 3 will be 60 FPS.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't 60 FPS Nintendo usually tries to get most of their games to run at 60 FPS.

CLOUDsea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CLOUDsea
Member since 2012 • 1095 Posts

So anytime anyone wants to start a topic about Wii U, it's going to get lost in this thread. Perfect. Now SW wont be clogged with pesky discussions about an upcoming console that could spark a variety of threads.

DNAbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DNAbro
Member since 2010 • 377 Posts

Wii U will completely outsell PS4 and NextBox. By the time they come out it will already be to late.

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 TilxWLOC

So anytime anyone wants to start a topic about Wii U, it's going to get lost in this thread. Perfect. Now SW wont be clogged with pesky discussions about an upcoming console that could spark a variety of threads.

CLOUDsea

Sarcasm?

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#27 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

CLOUDsea
what variety?
JohnnyCageMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JohnnyCageMK
Member since 2012 • 4365 Posts

Wii U will completely outsell PS4 and NextBox. By the time they come out it will already be to late.

DNAbro
I doubt it. Soccer moms won't spend another $300 for the same 2 games they already have on Wii.
DNAbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DNAbro
Member since 2010 • 377 Posts

[QUOTE="DNAbro"]

JohnnyCageMK

I doubt it. Soccer moms won't spend another $300 for the same 2 games they already have on Wii.

Dude people buy each Ipad iteration for $600+, and you are telling me people won't spend $300 dollars on this?

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TilxWLOC

There are two reasons I don't feel Digital Foundry should apply here. First, this is probably due more to my lack of knowledge, but I don't see how they can test a games performance without having it themselves. The other is that I don't care what it runs at now, that doesn't apply to me, the consumer. I'm also going to trust Nintendo here because, well, they made the game and they haven't ever said stuff, that I know of, that are flat out lies.

TyberZannxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TyberZannxxxx
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

Well we know its not a next gen console.JohnnyCageMK

Go to hell, troll.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]Well we know its not a next gen console.TyberZannxxxx

Go to hell, troll.

Ad block plus. Use it. Love it.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="TyberZannxxxx"]

[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]Well we know its not a next gen console.Bigboi500

Go to hell, troll.

I try to use it but when I input the code it never works.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="TyberZannxxxx"]

Go to hell, troll.

Nintendo_Ownes7

You got to make sure the spaces are correct, and the " is before the ', and vice versa on the end.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Ad block plus. Use it. Love it.

Bigboi500

You got to make sure the spaces are correct, and the " is before the ', and vice versa on the end.

I got it to work thanks.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Eponique

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Ad block plus. Use it. Love it.

Bigboi500

Yep

gamespot.com##[class*="'author':'JohnnyCageMK'"] > *

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land and Super Mario Bros U all run at native 720p @60fps.Slashkice

Nintendo has confirmed it will ship at 60fps and there have been a number of people saying it was 60fps on the E3 show floor. Digital Foundry started the whole "Pikmin 3 at 30fps" stuff while everyone else says 60fps and even if it is 30fps it will ship at 60fps
the9thinning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 the9thinning
Member since 2011 • 662 Posts
Code? I just downloaded it without any problems.
ohgeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ohgeez
[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land and Super Mario Bros U all run at native 720p @60fps.bonesawisready5

Nintendo has confirmed it will ship at 60fps and there have been a number of people saying it was 60fps on the E3 show floor. Digital Foundry started the whole "Pikmin 3 at 30fps" stuff while everyone else says 60fps and even if it is 30fps it will ship at 60fps

I'm not sure of anybody who said it runs at 60fps except for nintendo themselves
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bonesawisready5
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="Slashkice"]

ohgeez

I'm not sure of anybody who said it runs at 60fps except for nintendo themselves

You have to also consider that DF said Rayman Legends was 30fps, but it was also confirmed by attendees to be 60fps. So they may have mixed up some details.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Eponique
Code? I just downloaded it without any problems.the9thinning
We're talking about blocking individual posters.
TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TilxWLOC

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

ohgeez

Nintendo is a reliable source, so it doesn't really change anything. If anything, Nintendo is more reliable than any other source in my opinion, on their own games of course.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="ohgeez"]

TilxWLOC

Nintendo is a reliable source, so it doesn't really change anything. If anything, Nintendo is more reliable than any other source in my opinion, on their own games of course.

Hey dude it's not like they're programming the games themselves! /sarcasm
ohgeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ohgeez
[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="ohgeez"][QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] Nintendo has confirmed it will ship at 60fps and there have been a number of people saying it was 60fps on the E3 show floor. Digital Foundry started the whole "Pikmin 3 at 30fps" stuff while everyone else says 60fps and even if it is 30fps it will ship at 60fps

You have to also consider that DF said Rayman Legends was 30fps, but it was also confirmed by attendees to be 60fps. So they may have mixed up some details.

They updated the article. turns out they were shown a 30fps video of all the games. the better quality video still had most games running at 30fps with rayman running at 60
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

lol, sw hates the wiiu. next gen success confirmed.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Nintendo_Ownes7

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"][QUOTE="ohgeez"] I'm not sure of anybody who said it runs at 60fps except for nintendo themselvesohgeez

They updated the article. turns out they were shown a 30fps video of all the games. the better quality video still had most games running at 30fps with rayman running at 60

If the video was 30 FPS you couldn't see that it was 60 FPS or not because the video output was 30 FPS.

ohgeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ohgeez

[QUOTE="ohgeez"]

TilxWLOC

So... a company that has something to gain from exaggeration numbers for the sake of profit is more reliable than a company that has something to gain from telling the truth, regardless of the numbers (unless digital foundry is in bed with sony and microsoft).
ohgeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ohgeez

[QUOTE="ohgeez"]

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"] You have to also consider that DF said Rayman Legends was 30fps, but it was also confirmed by attendees to be 60fps. So they may have mixed up some details.TilxWLOC

If the video was 30 FPS you couldn't see that it was 60 FPS or not because the video output was 30 FPS.

"Updated: Rayman Legends was also in the "sizzle" feed and after double-checking it and the other games, we can definitely confirm that during transmission it was being shown at 30FPS. However, it appears to be a clip from this lengthier 720p60 asset. This video itself shows signs of being downscaled from 1080p, perhaps suggesting it is PC footage, but as has been pointed out, Wii U touchscreen prompts may suggest otherwise." So... they saw two videos. In one of them, all games were 30fps or lower. In the other, all games were 30fps except for rayman which was 60fps
TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TilxWLOC

[QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

[QUOTE="ohgeez"]

ohgeez

So... a company that has something to gain from exaggeration numbers for the sake of profit is more reliable than a company that has something to gain from telling the truth, regardless of the numbers (unless digital foundry is in bed with sony and microsoft).

Yeah, because they didn't leave themselves open for negativity with the 720p comment? They have been honest so far, why bother stopping now? Digital Foundry doesn't have the resources it would take to get the truth, and you know what they have to gain? Site views. Nintendo is the company behind those games, I'm sure they'll know. Plus if they lie their reputation is down the drain when it releases and people dissect it.