The Post E3 Wii U Sticky (you guessed it, keep it here)

• 197 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ohgeez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ohgeez
Member since 2011 • 919 Posts

[QUOTE="ohgeez"][QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

Nintendo is a reliable source, so it doesn't really change anything. If anything, Nintendo is more reliable than any other source in my opinion, on their own games of course.

TilxWLOC

So... a company that has something to gain from exaggeration numbers for the sake of profit is more reliable than a company that has something to gain from telling the truth, regardless of the numbers (unless digital foundry is in bed with sony and microsoft).

Yeah, because they didn't leave themselves open for negativity with the 720p comment? They have been honest so far, why bother stopping now? Digital Foundry doesn't have the resources it would take to get the truth, and you know what they have to gain? Site views. Nintendo is the company behind those games, I'm sure they'll know. Plus if they lie their reputation is down the drain when it releases and people dissect it.

Digital foundry isn't going to get more site views because they said rayman was 30fps instead of 60fps. Truly nobody gives a crap except for system warriors. And its not like they are intentionally lying. I think they truly believe the game will be 60fps by release time but sometimes a company doesn't pull through and sometimes they do. This sort of thing is pretty typical.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

lol, sw hates the wiiu. next gen success confirmed.

Riverwolf007

Yeah because SW determines that kind of stuff. :roll:

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
who cares about the 1080/60fps they all are basic 2d games lol.
TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 TilxWLOC
Member since 2011 • 1164 Posts

[QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

[QUOTE="ohgeez"] So... a company that has something to gain from exaggeration numbers for the sake of profit is more reliable than a company that has something to gain from telling the truth, regardless of the numbers (unless digital foundry is in bed with sony and microsoft).

ohgeez

Yeah, because they didn't leave themselves open for negativity with the 720p comment? They have been honest so far, why bother stopping now? Digital Foundry doesn't have the resources it would take to get the truth, and you know what they have to gain? Site views. Nintendo is the company behind those games, I'm sure they'll know. Plus if they lie their reputation is down the drain when it releases and people dissect it.

Digital foundry isn't going to get more site views because they said rayman was 30fps instead of 60fps. Truly nobody gives a crap except for system warriors. And its not like they are intentionally lying. I think they truly believe the game will be 60fps by release time but sometimes a company doesn't pull through and sometimes they do. This sort of thing is pretty typical.

What? I didn't say they were lying for hits, but that could be a reason if they were. My point was Nintendo has a lot more to lose than gain from lying, and they most likely aren't, almost certainly. This sort of thing is not typical from Nintendo, and most likely won't take much extra work. I don't see why you refuse that Nintendo knows what they are talking about when they talk about their own games. They do, they made them, Digital Foundry can tell me their findings once they have their own copy to inspect, but for now, I'm going to ignore them and trust the creators.

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

Thank you Adobe for creating the sticky. It was getting out of hand that I have to bring in up in the Moderation Clarification Station forum.

Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]I try to use it but when I input the code it never works.

Eponique

You got to make sure the spaces are correct, and the " is before the ', and vice versa on the end.

Yep

gamespot.com##[class*="'author':'JohnnyCageMK'"] > *

i love this i blocked so many ppl whoever made this=god

thom_maytees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 thom_maytees
Member since 2010 • 3668 Posts

[QUOTE="Eponique"]Yep

Mario1331

I was the one who created that code last year. The many wonders of Elemental Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus.

noscope-ak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 noscope-ak47
Member since 2012 • 1318 Posts

So far going from the e3 footage there was nothing on the wii u to get pumped about. With all the power the console is said to have 1080p at 60fs should have been no problem. Also there was no game that jump out from a graphics stand point. Right now nintendo needs a game that says look here the hd twins can't touch this, go grab the wii u.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

[QUOTE="Mario1331"]

[QUOTE="Eponique"]Yep

thom_maytees

I was the one who created that code last year. The many wonders of Elemental Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus.

Just saw it's also on Chrome, going to install it. Is there somewhere a list with the guys everyone should block like LoosingEnds etc.? Thanks for the hint :)

Oh, and back to tpoic: Still waiting for more info which will decide when I'll buy it, probably not day1.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

thom_maytees

Thank you sooo much. You made this forum 300% easier to browse.

If I search for Adblock PlusI just find a plugin for Firefox. Is there any way to block those users using Chrome? Also is there somewhere a list with the guys everyone should block like LoosingEnds etc.?

Oh, and back to tpoic: Still waiting for more info which will decide when I'll buy it, probably not day1.

ArchoNils2

Here you go

I think Cherokee_Jack has a decent ignore list. You can PM him for one :P I personally a lot of the trolls entertaining, I only block a few so I don't have every troll on my list.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

[QUOTE="thom_maytees"]I was the one who created that code last year. The many wonders of Elemental Hiding Helper for Adblock Plus.

Eponique

Thank you sooo much. You made this forum 300% easier to browse.

If I search for Adblock PlusI just find a plugin for Firefox. Is there any way to block those users using Chrome? Also is there somewhere a list with the guys everyone should block like LoosingEnds etc.?

ArchoNils2

Here you go

I think Cherokee_Jack has a decent ignore list. You can PM him for one :P I personally a lot of the trolls entertaining, I only block a few so I don't have every troll on my list.

Thanks for the link. Guess I should have invested more time in searching ^^

I enjoyed the stupid trolls as well, but the longer I'm active (and I'm prett long active, this is my second account because I lost ArchoNils) the more I'm annoyed by the trolls and blind fanboysim around here

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

Sooo.. no GTA V?

DNAbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DNAbro
Member since 2010 • 377 Posts

Sooo.. no GTA V?

waltefmoney

no one knows yet. i mean that game doesn't even have a release date.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#66 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts
forums get retarded here , maybe they can put the whole forum in one thread anyway, i started a thread and then got redirected here My point, the wii-u , nintendo's art of war. Let's look at the official specs of the wii-u regarding the cpu and gpu. cpu: ibm power based multi core processor, the cpu use the same technology as found in the watson supercomputer. gpu: custom radeon high defenition gpu. that can output 1080p, supports hdmi 1.4 and 3d images. So let's start with the cpu, why on earth needs a game console processor technology from the watson supercomputer. i don't know why , but that cpu ain't going to be weak. A very strong cpu can do a lot of things, the cpu's found in the ps3 and x360 for instance are no ordinary cpu's, they can do a lot of work that would be normally done by a gpu. That's why a game like skyrim looks so much better than oblivion, if they would put all the graphics load on the gpu like with a normal pc game, then the gpu's of the x360 and ps3 would never be able to run a game like skyrim. What about the gpu then, it must surely be stronger than what's in an x360 and ps3 if it's able to produce 1080p and 3d images. I'm sure the wii-u will be a lot better than the x360 and ps3 and this at a fair price. I don't expect very high specs but that's not really needed at 1080p too. Also better graphics and next gen games means more production costs, so a console that use the latest tech would simply not be interesting, the devs would not use it anyway. Nintendo has money at this time and the first party support will produce games that are a lot better than what we see on x360 and ps3. Not only that, nintendo got the gimmicks, old wii games work on it, wiimote and nunchuck and wii fit board work on it. That gamepad with screen is ideal if you have a family, if someone wants to watch tv, the player can continue his game on his gamepad. And normal gamepads are available too (which look very similar to the succesfull x360 controller). Last but not least, they've got their games and fans, mario, zelda, it's going to sell because of that too. The wii-u will be succesfull, i'm sure of that, and it will be sony's and microsofts biggest nightmare.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Sooo.. no GTA V?

waltefmoney
That would really be something if it doesn't get it.
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Seeing as hardware is taking up most of the talk of the WiiU I thought I'd talk about some games and the lack of them.

2012 to early 2013 games that aren't on the WiiU and or are yet to be announced.

1. Bioshock: Infinate
  2. Dishonoured
  3. FarCry 3
  4. Borderlands 2
  5. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
  6. Need for Speed: Most Wanted
  7. Resident Evil 6
  8. Hitman: Absolution
  9. Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  10. Tomb Raider
  11. Medal of Honour: Warfigter
  12. Dead Space 3
  13. Spec Ops: The Line
  14. Sleeping Dogs
  15. Crysis 3
  16. Lost Planet 3
  17. XCOM
  18. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
  19. DmC: Devil May Cry
  20. Inversion

If these games, especially the heavy hitters don't make the way to the WiiU it may say all that needs to be said about third party support for the console.

All we can do is play the waiting game.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]Nintendo has confirmed it will ship at 60fps and there have been a number of people saying it was 60fps on the E3 show floor. Digital Foundry started the whole "Pikmin 3 at 30fps" stuff while everyone else says 60fps and even if it is 30fps it will ship at 60fpsSlashkice

They started the 30fps "stuff" by analyzing the footage, much like they analyzed the Arkham City footage which you happily quoted.

Random unnamed Nintendo rep says it'll run at 60fps, but right now it doesn't as DF has shown. And a random, unnamed Nintendo rep saying ___ will happen doesn't necessarily mean ___ will happen. Miyamoto says it, then we're talking.

Well Katsuya Eguchi confirmed Nintendo Land runs mostly at 60fps, Digital Foundry Confirmed that New Super Mario Bros U runs @ 60fps. Even with Pikmin 3 running @ 30fps now, if Nintendo says it will be 60fps at release I'm inclined to trust them. Don't really have any reason not to.
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 bonesawisready5

Seeing as hardware is taking up most of the talk of the WiiU I thought I'd talk about some games and the lack of them.

2012 to early 2013 games that aren't on the WiiU and or are yet to be announced.

1. Bioshock: Infinate
  2. Dishonoured
  3. FarCry 3
  4. Borderlands 2
  5. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2
  6. Need for Speed: Most Wanted
  7. Resident Evil 6
  8. Hitman: Absolution
  9. Splinter Cell: Blacklist
  10. Tomb Raider
  11. Medal of Honour: Warfigter
  12. Dead Space 3
  13. Spec Ops: The Line
  14. Sleeping Dogs
  15. Crysis 3
  16. Lost Planet 3
  17. XCOM
  18. Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2
  19. DmC: Devil May Cry
  20. Inversion

If these games, especially the heavy hitters don't make the way to the WiiU it may say all that needs to be said about third party support for the console.

All we can do is play the waiting game.

Grey_Eyed_Elf
Medal of Honor has been known about on Wii U since March, Splinter Cell Blacklist has been listed by Best Buy, Blockbuster and other retailers for Wii U, Black Ops 2 was just confirmed yesterday for Wii U Add that to Aliens: Colonial Marines, Assassin's Creed 3, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Ninja Gaiden 3, Dark Siders 2 and others and the Wii U's third party support is starting to take shape. Also EA will announce it's full Wii U plans and sports games later in the summer so I wouldn't be surprised if Dead Space 3 and others get added to the list. I'm sure some of those titles you mentioned won't come to the Wii U but I see that as more of a problem with developing Wii U versions in a short time before release and an unproven software platform than any agenda by third parties.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Are you guys seriously blocking other users because you don't like the cut of their jib? That is pathetic. If you don't like the community then GTFO of System Wars. I don't understand the sticky either, of course there is a lot of talk about Wii U its the only new console coming out for a while. Now you'll just see less activity.
DNAbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DNAbro
Member since 2010 • 377 Posts

Are you guys seriously blocking other users because you don't like the cut of their jib? That is pathetic. If you don't like the community then GTFO of System Wars. I don't understand the sticky either, of course there is a lot of talk about Wii U its the only new console coming out for a while. Now you'll just see less activity.tomarlyn

They are blocking him because he is freaking annoying. And the sticky is here because we have had way to many topics about the same exact thing.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Not only that, nintendo got the gimmicks, old wii games work on it, wiimote and nunchuck and wii fit board work on it. That gamepad with screen is ideal if you have a family, if someone wants to watch tv, the player can continue his game on his gamepad. And normal gamepads are available too (which look very similar to the succesfull x360 controller). Last but not least, they've got their games and fans, mario, zelda, it's going to sell because of that too. The wii-u will be succesfull, i'm sure of that, and it will be sony's and microsofts biggest nightmare.evildead6789

But why would anyone buy the Wii U to continue to use the Wii motes on it when they can just stick with the Wii? These casuals don't give a fuk about some minimal improvements to Wii Fit U, they'll just stick with the Wii version. The Wii U lacks a real system seller. Nintendoland? Don't make me laugh.

And yeah, you're right they do still have their fans. Their mindless army of nintendo drones who lap up and defend anything and everything they do. Just like the gamecube, they're the only idiots who are going to buy the Wii U because casuals won't be lapping it up like they did the Wii. If they think releasing ports of 360 / PS3 games is going to attract all the gamers, they're delusional.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tomarlyn

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]Are you guys seriously blocking other users because you don't like the cut of their jib? That is pathetic. If you don't like the community then GTFO of System Wars. I don't understand the sticky either, of course there is a lot of talk about Wii U its the only new console coming out for a while. Now you'll just see less activity.DNAbro

They are blocking him because he is freaking annoying. And the sticky is here because we have had way to many topics about the same exact thing.

Its the same as running home to mommy with their hands over their ears. He'll probably just keep making new accounts at that rate. And duplicate threads have happened since time began, again it is because of a new console and so what? Just don't open a topic if you've already had a say in the matter elsewhere. I don't really want to keep coming here checking every post looking for new Zombi U info, it will just become a place for sheep to high five each other.
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Eponique
[QUOTE="DNAbro"]

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]Are you guys seriously blocking other users because you don't like the cut of their jib? That is pathetic. If you don't like the community then GTFO of System Wars. I don't understand the sticky either, of course there is a lot of talk about Wii U its the only new console coming out for a while. Now you'll just see less activity.tomarlyn

Its the same as running home to mommy with their hands over their ears. He'll probably just keep making new accounts at that rate. And duplicate threads have happened since time began, again it is because of a new console and so what? Just don't open a topic if you've already had a say in the matter elsewhere. I don't really want to keep coming here checking every post looking for new Zombi U info, it will just become a place for sheep to high five each other.

People tell everyone to ignore the trolls and then once we do they throw a fit. :? If you want to be taken seriously use your main account.
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]Are you guys seriously blocking other users because you don't like the cut of their jib? That is pathetic. If you don't like the community then GTFO of System Wars. I don't understand the sticky either, of course there is a lot of talk about Wii U its the only new console coming out for a while. Now you'll just see less activity.DNAbro

Yes because we dont have enough "pc gaming is the best/sucks" and stupid fanboy threads here as it is

At least the wiiu threads had news in them(not the stupid fanboy ones)

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Eponique

[QUOTE="DNAbro"]

[QUOTE="tomarlyn"]Are you guys seriously blocking other users because you don't like the cut of their jib? That is pathetic. If you don't like the community then GTFO of System Wars. I don't understand the sticky either, of course there is a lot of talk about Wii U its the only new console coming out for a while. Now you'll just see less activity.fueled-system

Yes because we dont have enough "pc gaming is the best/sucks" and stupid fanboy threads here as it is

At least the wiiu threads had news in them(not the stupid fanboy ones)

I agree I like fapping over P100. This thread should just be "Wii U Graphics thread" so we can have all the idiots who are pretending to have a meltdown over the fact it's not a huge leap over PS3/Xbox 360 in one thread.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#79 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

To all those stupid people who thought EA and Activision weren't giving Nintendo any support.

Yous-a stupid.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 bonesawisready5

To all those stupid people who thought EA and Activision weren't giving Nintendo any support.

Yous-a stupid.

Haziqonfire
Madden and FIFA are confirmed so those aren't the two games. And Medal of Honor was rumored back in March after word got out of a Wii U version at GDC. So I'd guess MOH and NFS:MW will be it with a possibility of Dead Space 3
TyberZannxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 TyberZannxxxx
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

Sooo.. no GTA V?

waltefmoney

Rockstar hasn't said anything yet. Maybe we'll get more info regarding GTA V coming to the Wii U at Quakecon or TGS.

I think it should be a Wii U exclusive. If it is, almost every hardcore gamer would want a Wii U.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

Sooo.. no GTA V?

TyberZannxxxx

Rockstar hasn't said anything yet. Maybe we'll get more info regarding GTA V coming to the Wii U at Quakecon or TGS.

Has Rockstar even officially announced it will be on 360/PS3?
TyberZannxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 TyberZannxxxx
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

[QUOTE="TyberZannxxxx"]

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

Sooo.. no GTA V?

bonesawisready5

Has Rockstar even officially announced it will be on 360/PS3?

No platforms have been announced yet.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Yous-a stupid.

Haziqonfire

Mirror's Edge 2 and Bad Company 3 Wii-U exclusive confirmed! :P

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

Yous-a stupid.

Haziqonfire
I can think of a couple people of the top of my head. That this even had to be questioned is amazing.
omgmike23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 omgmike23
Member since 2012 • 33 Posts

Wait wait wait wait wait....I just read here [http://www.t3.com/news/e3-2012-wii-u-official-specs-revealed] the Wii U doesn't even play dvd's...so does it still work games off of a CD?! What kind of supposed 'Next Gen Console' doesn't even play dvds?! Like Crap man even the Xbox and PS2 did. Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 bonesawisready5

Wait wait wait wait wait....I just read here [http://www.t3.com/news/e3-2012-wii-u-official-specs-revealed] the Wii U doesn't even play dvd's...so does it still work games off of a CD?! What kind of supposed 'Next Gen Console' doesn't even play dvds?! Like Crap man even the Xbox and PS2 did. Someone please tell me I'm wrong.

omgmike23
You're incredibly, mind boggling wrong. The Wii U plays the DVDs that Wii games are on, but no it will not play DVD/Blu Ray movies to cut costs and avoid licensing fees. This isn't a bad thing because Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu and YouTube are all confirmed for Wii U. The Wii U uses a new disc format called iDensity, which is just as good as Blu-Ray. A single layered Wii U disc will be 25GB, with dual-layered ones in the future possibly doubling that. So no it doesn't "work games off of a CD?!"
BlizzardBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 BlizzardBear
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts

Im embarassed for Nintendo right now. I feel like they are making evenless progress for this generation then the last one.

-Does this thing even have voice chat?

-Friend codes are still around

-Current gen graphics (WHY!?!? its seems harder to match graphics of consoles realeased 7 years ago than to outperform them)

-no launch titles or even launch window games I am interested in

- Im unsure whether I like all the different controller options

- Battery life is terrible for the controller

- Pikmin and NSMBU dont have online (WTH) these are launch titles show what your system is capable of

Ultimately, it wouldnt suprise me if the Wii U fails. Nintendo didn't strategize correctly by not having bigger IP's ready for launch.

I hate myself for saying this but I kinda hope this console tanks so Nintendo may go the route of Sega.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 tomarlyn
[QUOTE="tomarlyn"][QUOTE="DNAbro"]

Eponique

People tell everyone to ignore the trolls and then once we do they throw a fit. :? If you want to be taken seriously use your main account.

This my only account, or was that a broad comment?
Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Eponique
[QUOTE="tomarlyn"][QUOTE="Eponique"][QUOTE="tomarlyn"]Its the same as running home to mommy with their hands over their ears. He'll probably just keep making new accounts at that rate. And duplicate threads have happened since time began, again it is because of a new console and so what? Just don't open a topic if you've already had a say in the matter elsewhere. I don't really want to keep coming here checking every post looking for new Zombi U info, it will just become a place for sheep to high five each other.

This my only account, or was that a broad comment?

Broad comment.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#92 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

omgmike23

The Wii played DVDs but it didn't have DVD playback.

DVD playback means that Nintendo would have to pay fees to have the Wii U play movies.

The Wii U will support DVDs because it is backwards compatible with the Wii.

Also the Wii U's discs are similar to Bluray where it is 25 GB (Which is the same ammount of space that a single layer Bluray disc takes up.)

ShuichiChamp24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ShuichiChamp24
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

Im embarassed for Nintendo right now. I feel like they are making evenless progress for this generation then the last one.

-Does this thing even have voice chat?Voice and Video

-Friend codes are still around. Have you seen how the 3DS use them, I don't see the problem

-Current gen graphics (WHY!?!? its seems harder to match graphics of consoles realeased 7 years ago than to outperform them)

- Pikmin and NSMBU dont have online (WTH) these are launch titles show what your system is capable of

Ultimately, it wouldnt suprise me if the Wii U fails. Nintendo didn't strategize correctly by not having bigger IP's ready for launch.

I hate myself for saying this but I kinda hope this console tanks so Nintendo may go the route of Sega.

BlizzardBear

Everything else I won't even address. Tour opinions followed by a really dumb remark.

BlizzardBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 BlizzardBear

[QUOTE="BlizzardBear"]

-Does this thing even have voice chat?Voice and Video

-Friend codes are still around. Have you seen how the 3DS use them, I don't see the problem

ShuichiChamp24

Everything else I won't even adress, your opinions followed by a really dumb remark.

I will address your statement because grammatically it makes zero sense.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 tomarlyn

[QUOTE="omgmike23"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

The Wii played DVDs but it didn't have DVD playback.

DVD playback means that Nintendo would have to pay fees to have the Wii U play movies.

The Wii U will support DVDs because it is backwards compatible with the Wii.

Also the Wii U's discs are similar to Bluray where it is 25 GB (Which is the same ammount of space that a single layer Bluray disc takes up.)

The original plan with the Wii was to release a small internal attachement for DVD movies, covering the licensing costs. We're not actually seeing anything like that because they're being stubborn, maybe they get a nice deal supporting streaming services but that's only for their benefit. Not every country gets them anyway.
TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 TilxWLOC
Member since 2011 • 1164 Posts

-no launch titles or even launch window gamesI am interested in

- Im unsure whetherI like all the different controller options

BlizzardBear

- Apparently it does

- Improved Friend codes, looks like they are making their own system easier instead of changing it.

- You don't know what the Wii-U can do, wait for specs before complaining, even so, not a problem as long as it remains affordable

- Opinion

- Opinion

- It might not be so bad, considering what it can do, maybe they can get a wireless charger going or something, or at least a long wire.

- Pikmin doesn't need online, and NSMBU should have online multiplayer, I mean they support Miiverse, they should've put online multiplayer in there, you're right on this one.

"Ultimately", they have Mario as a launch title, how is that not a big IP?

You probably don't since all you've done is bash it.

BlizzardBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 BlizzardBear

[QUOTE="BlizzardBear"]

TilxWLOC

- Apparently it does(Ok, is it like a headset?)

- Improved Friend codes, looks like they are making their own system easier instead of changing it.(There is no way of acting like FC are beneficial)

- You don't know what the Wii-U can do, wait for specs before complaining, even so, not a problem as long as it remains affordable(This is still a guess but I assume it can outperform current gen consoles by a little bit.)

- Opinion

- Opinion

- It might not be so bad, considering what it can do, maybe they can get a wireless charger going or something, or at least a long wire.

- Pikmin doesn't need online, and NSMBU should have online multiplayer, I mean they support Miiverse, they should've put online multiplayer in there, you're right on this one.

"Ultimately", they have Mario as a launch title, how is that not a big IP? (Honestly, NSMBU looks a little lazy. It is a new generation with a whole new control scheme; there should be something radically different about this Mario game. I know its a side scroller but that doesnt mean there isnt a lot of areas that can be stepped up. (Rayman Legends?)

You probably don't since all you've done is bash it.(I love Nintendo to deat; my ultimiate dream is that they just make a whole different console.)

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#98 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

[QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

[QUOTE="BlizzardBear"]

BlizzardBear

- Apparently it does(Ok, is it like a headset?) The Wii U has a Microphone and camera in the controller. If you don't want anybody hearing what your friend has to say the Wii U controller also has a headphone jack.

- Improved Friend codes, looks like they are making their own system easier instead of changing it.(There is no way of acting like FC are beneficial) The only good thing with Friendcodes is you don't have to worry about someone having the same username since you have a different friendcode.

- You don't know what the Wii-U can do, wait for specs before complaining, even so, not a problem as long as it remains affordable(This is still a guess but I assume it can outperform current gen consoles by a little bit.)

- Opinion

- Opinion

"Ultimately", they have Mario as a launch title, how is that not a big IP? (Honestly, NSMBU looks a little lazy. It is a new generation with a whole new control scheme; there should be something radically different about this Mario game. I know its a side scroller but that doesnt mean there isnt a lot of areas that can be stepped up. (Rayman Legends?)

You probably don't since all you've done is bash it.(I love Nintendo to deat; my ultimiate dream is that they just make a whole different console.)

My answers are in green.

BlizzardBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 BlizzardBear

[QUOTE="BlizzardBear"]

[QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

- Apparently it does(Ok, is it like a headset?) The Wii U has a Microphone and camera in the controller.

- Improved Friend codes, looks like they are making their own system easier instead of changing it.(There is no way of acting like FC are beneficial) The only good thing with Friendcodes is you don't have to worry about someone having the same username since you have a different friendcode.

- Opinion

- Opinion

Nintendo_Ownes7

My answers are in green.

What I am worried about is that Nintendo will act like Skyping is the same thing as voice chat. Seems pretty hard to communicate with someone with a mic that can pick up sounds from the TV and all around you.
omgmike23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 omgmike23
Member since 2012 • 33 Posts

[QUOTE="omgmike23"]

bonesawisready5

You're incredibly, mind boggling wrong. The Wii U plays the DVDs that Wii games are on, but no it will not play DVD/Blu Ray movies to cut costs and avoid licensing fees. This isn't a bad thing because Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Hulu and YouTube are all confirmed for Wii U. The Wii U uses a new disc format called iDensity, which is just as good as Blu-Ray. A single layered Wii U disc will be 25GB, with dual-layered ones in the future possibly doubling that. So no it doesn't "work games off of a CD?!"

Thanks for clearing that up. But i still think the WiiU will suck and not because of the games or because of the hardware, but beause of that stupid-ass controller.