The Official Project Cafe Thread: CONFIRMED BY NINTENDO!!! (Specs Leaked?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sphenodonta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1551 Sphenodonta
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

I'm loving all the possibilities with the screen in the controller. Could it be a 3D one allowing stereoscopic 3D like the 3DS? Could it be a touch screen that could be implemented in games either using the touch screen facility or just as some sort of a radar? I just can't wait for E3 11 :D.fabz_95
Nintendo had already stated that the next console will NOT have 3D. They said it quite a while ago... And if some people have headaches from looking between the 3DS's two screens, this will not be a logical continuation...

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1552 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

[QUOTE="fabz_95"]I'm loving all the possibilities with the screen in the controller. Could it be a 3D one allowing stereoscopic 3D like the 3DS? Could it be a touch screen that could be implemented in games either using the touch screen facility or just as some sort of a radar? I just can't wait for E3 11 :D.Sphenodonta

Nintendo had already stated that the next console will NOT have 3D. They said it quite a while ago... And if some people have headaches from looking between the 3DS's two screens, this will not be a logical continuation...

I also doubt the screen would be 3D because it would be disorientating going from TV to 3D screen, and back.
Sphenodonta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1553 Sphenodonta

[QUOTE="Sphenodonta"]

[QUOTE="fabz_95"]I'm loving all the possibilities with the screen in the controller. Could it be a 3D one allowing stereoscopic 3D like the 3DS? Could it be a touch screen that could be implemented in games either using the touch screen facility or just as some sort of a radar? I just can't wait for E3 11 :D.SaltyMeatballs

I also doubt the screen would be 3D because it would be disorientating going from TV to 3D screen, and back.

That's what I meant with my second statement... guess I needed to be a bit clearer

vivelesjeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1554 vivelesjeux
Member since 2011 • 33 Posts
in response to .> They already have the 3DS... They'd be shooting themselves in the foot by creating competition for the 3DS... (though they did have the DS and GBM out at the same time...) Nintendo might Stream video to the controller, but not like DS download play like you're thinking... It would be local and limited. If the controller was the power house, there would be little need for the actual console and we would be discussing portables, not a new generation of home systems... True But there has been some rumours that the 3ds could be used has a controller as well. but I still think that like the wii, the major innovation included will come from the controller. and its not via their online service which next to inexistent that the big N will bite the big pie that the social networking business is. so the only thing left is to multiple their portable devices in various flavours. to get there. Look at apple they have the Ipod the ipad and the iphone three devices that does more less the same things and still are best sellers.
Sphenodonta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1555 Sphenodonta
[QUOTE="vivelesjeux"]True But there has been some rumours that the 3ds could be used has a controller as well. but I still think that like the wii, the major innovation included will come from the controller. and its not via their online service which next to inexistent that the big N will bite the big pie that the social networking business is. so the only thing left is to multiple their portable devices in various flavours. to get there. Look at apple they have the Ipod the ipad and the iphone three devices that does more less the same things and still are best sellers.

Why is the Wii considered Nintendo's Norm now?!
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1556 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9735 Posts

They could use the touch screen like a DS one. It could be a map, a radar, it could have info on it, or make things happen on it, act like extra buttons or some other stuff.

kav82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1557 kav82
Member since 2006 • 139 Posts
Having read all the rumours and then seeing a couple Nintendo patents (below, with links), here's a theory that might seem fairly plausible... Patent 1: "Example methods and systems for inviting users to play video games involve receiving at an invitation server an invitation from a first user logged into the invitation server using a first game system that invites a second user logged into the invitation server using a second game system to play a game. The invitation is forwarded from the invitation server to the second user and an acceptance of the invitation from the second user is received at the invitation server. Invitation acceptance data indicative of the second user's acceptance is stored at the invitation server after the second user logs out of the invitation server. When the second user subsequently logs back into the invitation server, one or both of the first and second users is sent information based on the stored invitation acceptance that enables the first and second users to play the game." See the link: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2007/0123353.html Patent 2: "A wireless communication game system includes a plurality of mobile game apparatuses, which function as a parent device or a child device and are capable of making a communication with each other, and broadcasts from the parent device a parent device packet including a parent device PID, a user name UserName, a game name GameName, an OC flag, an E slot, a U slot, and a payload. All the parent device packets are received from the parent device existing within a communicationable range of a user's own apparatus, and the user's own apparatus creates a parent device list, and displays the parent device list on an LCD. Therefore, a user or a player of his own apparatus looks at the game name of the parent device list, for example, and operates a cross key included in an operation key so as to select one desired parent device. Then, transmitting a child device number CID of the user's own apparatus at the E slot designated by the parent device packet, the user's own apparatus transmits a connection request to the parent device." See the Link: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7929911.html So here's my theory; Nintendo will have an online service in a similar vein to Xbox Live in that their servers will hold all the information from your "profile" (not the console itself, like the Wii did). Your profile will have a friend code but this one code will work across all games (like the 3DS does). The console will play HD DVD's or whatever format they choose to use and it will be able to stream the games directly to the controller's screen as rumoured. For single player games and for when one person is playing the console, the TV will be the main screen in use, with the controller screen acting as a secondary (item management etc). For multiplayer games, the TV will be used either as one persons screen with everyone else using their controllers as their screen, or the TV will be a secondary display (showing scores, map etc) whilst the everyone's controller screen is where the gameplay is at. This means that you don't have to play split-screen. The controller itself will house your "profile" as opposed to the console. It will sync with the Nintendo servers via the actual console itself and keep them updated so save data and profile info can't be lost. With the controller housing the profile you will be able take the controller alone to a friends and play on their console without having to download your profile to their console (like you do with the 360; recovering your Gamertag) as it will communicate with the Nintendo servers via your friends console and they'll recognise it. This way I could take my controller to my friends house, we could both go online with our profiles and game off the one system without having to use split-screen. This is basically Nintendo's vision of connectivity (GBA-GC) and their idea of housing a profile in the controller (Mii's saved to your Wiimotes) coming to fruition in this new console, all tied up with an online service that is finally up to scratch. I reckon that sounds possible... doesn't it..?!
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1558 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
I like the way you think, Kav.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#1559 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

So here's my theory; Nintendo will have an online service in a similar vein to Xbox Live in that their servers will hold all the information from your "profile" (not the console itself, like the Wii did). Your profile will have a friend code but this one code will work across all games (like the 3DS does). The console will play HD DVD's or whatever format they choose to use and it will be able to stream the games directly to the controller's screen as rumoured. For single player games and for when one person is playing the console, the TV will be the main screen in use, with the controller screen acting as a secondary (item management etc). For multiplayer games, the TV will be used either as one persons screen with everyone else using their controllers as their screen, or the TV will be a secondary display (showing scores, map etc) whilst the everyone's controller screen is where the gameplay is at. This means that you don't have to play split-screen. The controller itself will house your "profile" as opposed to the console. It will sync with the Nintendo servers via the actual console itself and keep them updated so save data and profile info can't be lost. With the controller housing the profile you will be able take the controller alone to a friends and play on their console without having to download your profile to their console (like you do with the 360; recovering your Gamertag) as it will communicate with the Nintendo servers via your friends console and they'll recognise it. This way I could take my controller to my friends house, we could both go online with our profiles and game off the one system without having to use split-screen. This is basically Nintendo's vision of connectivity (GBA-GC) and their idea of housing a profile in the controller (Mii's saved to your Wiimotes) coming to fruition in this new console, all tied up with an online service that is finally up to scratch. I reckon that sounds possible... doesn't it..?!kav82

That's a good interpretation. That is very impressive but I wonder if it is at all worth it. For single player you get this little screen that will be useful but hardly necessary. For local multiplayer you have this alternative to split screen that solves a lot of issues but introduces a lot of new issues. That travelling profile thing is really neat and opens the door to neat other things like possibly using the controller itself as a handheld device but you could do all the important tasks with downloadable travelling profiles and so you have all this extra hardware for a lot of little convienences.

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1560 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

Maybe the screen can be used in multiplayer to chat with people who you're playing with? Like the Iphone's facetime thing. That'd be fairly awesome in my opinion, and I could definitely see it happen (though it'd probably take a lot of internet bandwidth)

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1561 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
As my thread was destroyed due to not being in here i thought i'd add it to the discussion on here. Which developers will not support the N6?! Most assumptions have been Epic and Valve.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#1562 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
As my thread was destroyed due to not being in here i thought i'd add it to the discussion on here. Which developers will not support the N6?! Most assumptions have been Epic and Valve.Dibdibdobdobo
DICE if every other Nintendo console is to go by.
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1563 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts
[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]As my thread was destroyed due to not being in here i thought i'd add it to the discussion on here. Which developers will not support the N6?! Most assumptions have been Epic and Valve.mitu123
DICE if every other Nintendo console is to go by.

Dice was actually 3rd. Though arent they owned by EA? EA likes a slice of cake from everything so cannot see why.
vivelesjeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1564 vivelesjeux
II am glad to see that some of this in this is line with what I was thinking: previous quote: "but I still think that like the wii, the major innovation included will come from the controller"
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1565 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

As my thread was destroyed due to not being in here i thought i'd add it to the discussion on here. Which developers will not support the N6?! Most assumptions have been Epic and Valve.Dibdibdobdobo

They say they'll support whatever can run their engine. And really, why wouldn't they? It would just be good advertising for UE if they showed it off on there.

Valve will make games for it, I'm sure, but maybe they'll jump ship if/when the other consoles come out and are more powerful. Their next-gen engine is probably being built with pretty high specs in mind.

The three devs I would maybe see staying away from it (at least for the first few years) are Crytek, Id, and Bioware. Mostly depends on how it handles online, profiles, digital purchases, etc.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1566 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Depends how "weird" it is! If it's a pretty standard console I'm sure they'll get plenty of support. If DICE would need to remake B3 to work as a stream To a handheld screen, maybe not!
vivelesjeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1567 vivelesjeux
Everyone is going on about the how the gpu/cpu spec of that new console is gonna, be but I think that it if Nintendo was only caring about spec and try to come with a real power house and nothing else, the project cafe would just become a plain boring console. what would you see that like? just another xbox/ps3 look alike that can run some games at a higher frame rate. I really don't see the fun in that! For me the specs as they are rumored to be for the new Nintendo system are totally fine, and I am grateful to see company like Nintendo that are really trying to change things and renovate the gaming world. I own a PS3 and a PC and really for the past two or 3 years what kind of innovation has been made ? NADA, Zero . Sony and Microsoft just copied the devices and technology from the Wii and nothing else. pc side the only thing we get is the hype over new faster graphic card that just a handful of games really exploit and cost 500 pounds! Honestly I am getting bored here. so I say: "Come on Nintendo, raise the bar once again and let us have fun"
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#1568 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="Sphenodonta"]Nintendo had already stated that the next console will NOT have 3D. They said it quite a while ago... And if some people have headaches from looking between the 3DS's two screens, this will not be a logical continuation...

Sphenodonta

That's what I meant with my second statement... guess I needed to be a bit clearer

I guess so :(. Still, I hope the screen has something unexpected rather than just being a touch-screen.
XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1569 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts
I just got word from a reliable source that a Final Fantasy VII remake will be coming to the Wii 2.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1570 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
I just got word from a reliable source that a Final Fantasy VII remake will be coming to the Wii 2.XenoNinja
Well Gamecube got Metal Gear Solid so not the most unlikely thing ever!
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1571 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

I just got word from a reliable source that a Final Fantasy VII remake will be coming to the Wii 2.XenoNinja

Yeah? My friends dad works for Nintendo and he said the console streams chemically induced happiness directly to your brain. Lol seriously, link or it didn't happen.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1572 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

For those worrying about this next systems controller. Read this:

"Whenever we make a new game console, we've done it without throwing away buttons and the directional pad. The reason for that it's better to have them, because buttons and directional pads benefit gameplay response. Taking this into account, Nintendo isn't planning on completely ditching buttons, nor is Nintendo thinking of taking tablets as they are today and implementing them in a game console." - Satoru Iwata

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1573 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

"Whenever we make a new game console, we've done it without throwing away buttons and the directional pad. The reason for that it's better to have them, because buttons and directional pads benefit gameplay response. Taking this into account, Nintendo isn't planning on completely ditching buttons, nor is Nintendo thinking of taking tablets as they are today and implementing them in a game console." - Satoru Iwata

nintendoboy16

I'd like to hear that it has dual analog before I stop worrying. Not that I am worrying, but "No, it's cool, we'll have a d-pad!" isn't exactly reassuring either.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1574 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41562 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

Cherokee_Jack

I'd like to hear that it has dual analog before I stop worrying. Not that I am worrying, but "No, it's cool, we'll have a d-pad!" isn't exactly reassuring either.

Yeah, but it at least tells us that abandoning buttons for a touchpad would be stupid.

Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1575 Scoob64
Member since 2008 • 2635 Posts

i don't see them ditching buttons.

but one thing i'd like to see on cafe is something similar to the RAM pack for Nintendo 64... so that 4 years after it's launch, its not still bottlenecked by launch day technology. Whether that be in the form of RAM, or something completely different, it would definitely be nice to have that option.

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1576 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts

but one thing i'd like to see on cafe is something similar to the RAM pack for Nintendo 64... so that 4 years after it's launch, its not still bottlenecked by launch day technology. Whether that be in the form of RAM, or something completely different, it would definitely be nice to have that option.

Scoob64
Peripheral updates such as the N64 RAM pack are doomed to fail. No developer in there right mind would develope a game for the "New ram expansion" when they would be cutting out litteraly millions of consumers who didn't bother to purchase it. Hell look at Wiimotion+ how many games do we have that use it today not published by Nintendo...I can count them on my hand.
Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1577 Scoob64

[QUOTE="Scoob64"]

Jynxzor

Peripheral updates such as the N64 RAM pack are doomed to fail. No developer in there right mind would develope a game for the "New ram expansion" when they would be cutting out litteraly millions of consumers who didn't bother to purchase it. Hell look at Wiimotion+ how many games do we have that use it today not published by Nintendo...I can count them on my hand.

not necessarily. i'm not talking about a hardware add-on like the Sega CD or 32x. I'm talking more about a much lower cost solution. oftentimes those n64 additions came with the games themeselves- look at Donkey Kong 64... and in the case of the rumble pak, star fox 64. It was well worth investing in- Donkey Kong 64, Perfect Dark 64, and Majora's Mask all used the expansion to great benefit.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#1578 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

this is a response to , what power should the project cafe have

i think itll be fine with being slightly more powerful then a ps3 -after all your next ms andsony wont hit til 2014-2015 so this gives nintnedo head room andwhen they fcome it wont be long before nintnedo releases its next console ,

Sphenodonta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1579 Sphenodonta

this is a response to , what power should the project cafe have

i think itll be fine with being slightly more powerful then a ps3 -after all your next ms andsony wont hit til 2014-2015 so this gives nintnedo head room andwhen they fcome it wont be long before nintnedo releases its next console ,

mariokart64fan
Actually it's more like 2013/14 They stated that it would be 2014, but with the competition swimming laps in the new pool, they may decide to jump early... Whether or not that would be sound business wise depends on how successful the N6 Stream is...
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1580 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Is it just me or does it seem like them saying it has a 6 inch screen have to be a misprint or something?... I mean thats MASSIVE... how are you going to be able to operate dual analog sticks while holding a 6 inch screen?.. It doesn't seem to make any sense..

Sphenodonta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1581 Sphenodonta

Is it just me or does it seem like them saying it has a 6 inch screen have to be a misprint or something?... I mean thats MASSIVE... how are you going to be able to operate dual analog sticks while holding a 6 inch screen?.. It doesn't seem to make any sense..

VendettaRed07
I said it before and I'll say it again... Nowhere is it said that it has to be 16:9... It could easily be scaled to more like 4:3 which wouldn't be near too big.
SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1582 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

Aonuma said in a video interview that he feels the Skyward Sword control scheme is the new standard for Zelda and hopes that Nintendo will keep WM+ in future consoles and I'm sure Miyamoto agrees :P

I don't think they will remove the pointer/motion functionality that's why I find these rumors abit weird but it seems legit at the same time it's just confusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIGfq9vGfJM

I find it funny that he says "I would suggest they keep WM+ in the future" because for me that's a given. On the one hand Nintendo never made a bad decision and on the other this is looking kinda bad. CONFUSED!!!!

Didn't they say that the tablet/controller will have a built in sensor bar or something? Pointer confirmed at least? ;_;

Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1583 Scoob64

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

Sphenodonta

I said it before and I'll say it again... Nowhere is it said that it has to be 16:9... It could easily be scaled to more like 4:3 which wouldn't be near too big.

6"16:9 vs 6" 4:3

Sphenodonta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1584 Sphenodonta

Those are 7"3/4 by my measurement

Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1585 Scoob64

Sphenodonta

no, heres the link

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1586 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

[QUOTE="Sphenodonta"][QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

Scoob64

6"16:9 vs 6" 4:3

There was an IGN article that said it'll be designed like the dreamcast controller where it has "Handles" instead of grips like a normal Gamecube, PS or 360 controller. If you have a DC you'll know what I'm talking about, if not it's had to describe, lol. Anyway, point is it sounds like the controller is basically going to be all screen excluding some buttons on the very edge, so it'd be much more like a tablet instead of a normal controller, and what a lot of the mockups I'm seeing are.

Sphenodonta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1587 Sphenodonta

[QUOTE="Sphenodonta"]

Scoob64

no, heres the link

Find yourself a ruler and tell me that those images don't exceed 6". Those images are scaled up to fit the web page. If you put in 2" for each the images would stay the exact same size...
BigBoss154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1588 BigBoss154
Member since 2009 • 2956 Posts

So I heard somewhere that Nintendo are releasing a new console.

Is there any truth to this claim or is it just speculation?

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#1589 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

BigBoss154

Already confirmed.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#1590 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

Aonuma said in a video interview that he feels the Skyward Sword control scheme is the new standard for Zelda and hopes that Nintendo will keep WM+ in future consoles and I'm sure Miyamoto agrees :P

I don't think they will remove the pointer/motion functionality that's why I find these rumors abit weird but it seems legit at the same time it's just confusing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIGfq9vGfJM

I find it funny that he says "I would suggest they keep WM+ in the future" because for me that's a given. On the one hand Nintendo never made a bad decision and on the other this is looking kinda bad. CONFUSED!!!!

Didn't they say that the tablet/controller will have a built in sensor bar or something? Pointer confirmed at least? ;_;

SuperFlakeman
the original zelda was all about fun combat. Every screen was a different mix of terrain and enemies. Puzzles were introduced later, although there were hidden things in the original. Wiimotionplus combat would be a great way for nintendo to embrace their arcade roots.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1591 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

And just like any other nintendo console, not buying.. Their systems are not for me but i am interested to see what it will look like

BigBoss154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1592 BigBoss154
Member since 2009 • 2956 Posts

[QUOTE="BigBoss154"]

93BlackHawk93

Already confirmed.

I was being sarcastic. :P

Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1593 Scoob64

[QUOTE="Scoob64"]

[QUOTE="Sphenodonta"]

Sphenodonta

no, heres the link

Find yourself a ruler and tell me that those images don't exceed 6". Those images are scaled up to fit the web page. If you put in 2" for each the images would stay the exact same size...

this is a computer image, the size of those blocks are going to vary directly depending on the resolution of your monitor. not like comparing out of a magazine.

this is just for comparison purposes... its to show exactly how a 6 inch 4:3 image will compare to a 6 inch 16:9 image... because you were saying that 6" in 4:3 would be easier for a controller than a 16:9, but thats not the case. i thought u meant that one was 7.34" and the other 6"...

Sphenodonta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1594 Sphenodonta

[QUOTE="Sphenodonta"][QUOTE="Scoob64"]

no, heres the link

Scoob64

this is just for comparison purposes... its to show exactly how a 6 inch 4:3 image will compare to a 6 inch 16:9 image... because you were saying that 6" in 4:3 would be easier for a controller than a 16:9, but thats not the case. i thought u meant that one was 7.34" and the other 6"...

Oh, no I was just saying that those images exaggerated the screen size. I know that a change from 16:9 to 4:3 wouldn't be night and day, but it would still be some change... But I think we have a different idea of what 'too big' is... I'm probably underestimating it just as much as you might be over.
Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1595 Scoob64

[QUOTE="Scoob64"]

[QUOTE="Sphenodonta"] Find yourself a ruler and tell me that those images don't exceed 6". Those images are scaled up to fit the web page. If you put in 2" for each the images would stay the exact same size...Sphenodonta

Oh, no I was just saying that those images exaggerated the screen size. I know that a change from 16:9 to 4:3 wouldn't be night and day, but it would still be some change... But I think we have a different idea of what 'too big' is... I'm probably underestimating it just as much as you might be over.

it has nothing to do with screen size... its about proportion. you said 16:9 is less space saving than 4:3... regardless of how much or little those images are exaggerated, they are going to be in SAME proportion.

but anywho, i think nintendo alrdy confirmed the sceen to be 'high-def', which would rule out a 4:3. i can't wait for e3

Sphenodonta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1596 Sphenodonta

but anywho, i think nintendo alrdy confirmed the sceen to be 'high-def', which would rule out a 4:3. i can't wait for e3

Scoob64

Why can't 4:3 be hi-def? (honest question, I don't know why 16:9 is hi-def...)

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1597 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="Scoob64"]

Sphenodonta

All Hd really means is that is a high-resolution source. The marketing term for HD usually means 1280x720 (A 16x9 aspect ratio. What every display today is.) or 1920x1080 resolution (twice the detail of 1280x720.) So yes it could be, but 4:3 content must be upscaled to fit modern TVs. Some have tech that allows you to keep it how it is though without the need of upscaling to fit the whole display.

blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1598 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts

[QUOTE="Scoob64"]

Sphenodonta

Depends on what resolution the screen is. Standard definition is anything 640x480 and below. Sub-Hd is anywhere between the following resolution and 1280x720 (or 720p). High definition is any resolution above 720p. High definition images can appear in a 4:3 screen as long as the resolution is high enough. The Ipad has a 4:3 resolution and its still considered HD. What I expect from this controller is a sub-HD screen (ranging between 4:3 and 5:3) because anything wider would make the controller too big.

djsifer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1599 djsifer01
Member since 2005 • 7238 Posts
Sounds awesome. I will for sure be getting one.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1600 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Is the controller really going to have a screen in the middle of it?