The Official Project Cafe Thread: CONFIRMED BY NINTENDO!!! (Specs Leaked?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1501 Enforcedspot
Member since 2010 • 2915 Posts

Is it bad that I'm more hyped that it may look like a SNES then what the specs may be? :P

DSmon
you not the only one. :P
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#1502 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

We all know a 4th Super Smash Bros. is coming:

N64-Super Smash Bros.

Gamecube=Super Smash Bros. Melee

Wii=Super Smash Bros. Brawl

It could be a launch title like Melee.

magiciandude

Fun fact: The back of each game case contained the title for the next game. SSB had Melee, and Melee had Brawl.

Hey, good catch.=p
Sphenodonta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1503 Sphenodonta
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

I now regret that we didn't tie up with someone outside the company to market the Wii. If we had done that, the fate of the Wii might have been different... Now I am aware that we should not rely too much on ourselves. You will see what I mean by this when we market the 3DS and the Wii in the future.Iwata
Third Party Conformation?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#1504 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

[QUOTE="Iwata"]I now regret that we didn't tie up with someone outside the company to market the Wii. If we had done that, the fate of the Wii might have been different... Now I am aware that we should not rely too much on ourselves. You will see what I mean by this when we market the 3DS and the Wii in the future.Sphenodonta

Link?
Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1505 Enforcedspot
[QUOTE="Sphenodonta"]

[QUOTE="Iwata"]I now regret that we didn't tie up with someone outside the company to market the Wii. If we had done that, the fate of the Wii might have been different... Now I am aware that we should not rely too much on ourselves. You will see what I mean by this when we market the 3DS and the Wii in the future.charizard1605

Link?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/26/us-nintendo-idUSTRE73O0RY20110426 don't know how to link :(
Sphenodonta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1506 Sphenodonta

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Sphenodonta"] Third Party Conformation?

Enforcedspot

Link?

tada don't know how to link :(

Not where I got it, but same quote with same meaning...

edit: Since y'all seem to love the tablet idea so much how about this?

compromise?
it has raised analogue sticks and a more economical design... (can't seem to find the shoulder buttons though...)

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#1507 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Sphenodonta"] Third Party Conformation?

Enforcedspot

Link?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/04/26/us-nintendo-idUSTRE73O0RY20110426 don't know how to link :(

Hopefully that is true.. nitty should have been doing this for a while now.

Sphenodonta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1508 Sphenodonta

Found an even better concept than the previous one...

I think I like who ever is making these...

link

Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1509 Enforcedspot

link

Sphenodonta
looks good but i'll wait for the real confirmation.
WreckEm711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1510 WreckEm711
Member since 2010 • 7362 Posts

link

Sphenodonta

That looks RIDICULOUSLY uncomfortable to hold, my wrists are already crying from the angle :P

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1511 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts

If this is fake the person making them is really dedicated:

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1512 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

22Toothpicks

If it was black it would look so much sexier.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1513 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

[QUOTE="Sphenodonta"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] Brawl has Collision. The next game will be called Collision.charizard1605

Technically it says Collide... but I can't find Melee anywhere on SSB... (but I'm using google images so idk)

It said' Duke it out with your favorite Nintendo characters in this all star melee!' The back of the box, I mean.

As for Brawl, yeah it says Collide, but I dunno, Super Smash Bros. Collide just doesn't have the same ring to it as Super Smash Bros. Collision.

Just look up Melee in a thesaurus and pick the most likely one:

fight, fray, brawl, skirmish, tussle, scuffle, free-for-all (informal), fracas, set-to (informal), rumpus, broil, affray (Law), shindig (informal), donnybrook, ruction (informal), battle royal, ruckus (informal), scrimmage, stramash (Scot.), shindy (informal)

I'm really hoping for Super Smash Bros. Fracas myself. But Free-For-All and Battle Royal are the most likely (and are both pretty descriptive of the game)

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1514 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

22Toothpicks

i see a problem...look at the pic below

hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1515 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

22Toothpicks

Even if that were true, I remember reading that the dev kits weren't representative of the console itself. I'm still hoping for a SNES look.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1516 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

22Toothpicks

Thats a painted Windows 7 box with crap photoshoped in

erazor51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1517 erazor51
Member since 2003 • 339 Posts

Wow i hope the final version looks nothing like that. They look like something i would have made in school for a project!

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1518 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]My friend has a cousin who works are Nintendo and he says it's true. Just putting it out there.charizard1605
My friend's dad's ex wife's son's best friend's step mom works at Nintendo. She personally invited me to the Nintendo HQ to let me play this new system.

You can apologise now :P
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1519 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"]

Thunderdrone

Oh wow :lol: To be honest I don't really care what it looks like. It's the inner beauty that counts :P They better crank up the specs if they want to run games in 1080p.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1520 Cherokee_Jack

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"]

Thunderdrone

Yeah, that does seem to be what it is, now that you mention it.

Then again, that's the same 3-cornered rectangle design that we were talking about earlier, so it miiiiight be a coincidence? Probably not?

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1521 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

22Toothpicks

Even if its not fake, its probably the dev kit, the final console will look different (and hopefully much more sexy) :)

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1522 22Toothpicks

IGN has some new comments on all the rumors.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1523 Cherokee_Jack

22Toothpicks

...How could it possibly be six inches? :|

It just occured to me how huge that will be. The thing will be mostly screen.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#1524 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

With all of this PSN nonsense going on, this new Nintendo console is starting to sound more and more appealing. Hurry up, Nintendo, lol. Seriously, I just hope they get some good third party support and release some great single player games. I am getting tired of the whole online thing as it is.

Sphenodonta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1525 Sphenodonta

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"]

Cherokee_Jack

It's actually smaller than you think... The ratio doesn't have to be 16:9. It could be 4:3 there by lessing it's width and translating it into hight Though 3:2 ,might be more likely... You never know... (and just in case... you do know that screen size is measured on the diagonal, right?)
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1526 Cherokee_Jack
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

[QUOTE="22Toothpicks"]

Sphenodonta

It's actually smaller than you think... The ratio doesn't have to be 16:9. It could be 4:3 there by lessing it's width and translating it into hight Though 3:2 ,might be more likely... You never know... (and just in case... you do know that screen size is measured on the diagonal, right?)

Yes. I'm just thinking about it in terms of my iPod's screen, which is 3.5 I suppose a square-ish screen would make a bit more sense.Hopefully that's the case.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1527 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

link

Sphenodonta

It looks sort've painful also the button layout is a little off because in that concept the Y and X should be replaced.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1528 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"]My friend has a cousin who works are Nintendo and he says it's true. Just putting it out there.SaltyMeatballs
My friend's dad's ex wife's son's best friend's step mom works at Nintendo. She personally invited me to the Nintendo HQ to let me play this new system.

Fine :x
22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1529 22Toothpicks

According to 1up's Sam Kennedy, Nintendo is not only taking Apple head on with a tablet like controller, but they are aiming to make On-Live obscelete in the process.
http://www.1up.com/news/nintendo-stream-console

With Project Cafe, Nintendo aims to create the first social game console.What do I mean by this? Well, here's where you have to start imagining the future with me.First off,no more friend codes, that's for damn sure.But start to think about what a company like Nintendo would want to do to have players gaming and sharing together. Take a look at what it's done with StreetPass on the 3DS (where players' items and achievements can be shared with others nearby even when the system is closed) and think about what it could do on its next connected console. Nintendo merely scratched the surface with its Mii parade (where peoples' virtual avatars could migrate to others' machines) and user generated polls on the Wii -- 5 years later, the company has much more ambitious plans.The new console will be designed around the concept of connecting, sharing, and gaming with others. Like you were gaming together in a café, if you will.

I'll take things a step further. Care to guess where the name "Stream" comes from? You've likely seen the supposed leaked image of the system's ability to stream games to its controller screens, butmy understanding is that Nintendo aims to take this concept further and stream video of games being played to other peoples' machines so that friends can see what each other are up to. When you look at Nintendo consoles and handhelds, there's often a clear progression of its intent -- what starts as an experimental feature in one generation fully takes form in another. Chris Kohler just pointed out on Wired, for instance, that Project Cafe's touch-screen controller makes perfect sense if you look at Nintendo's past with the GBA to GameCube link cable.

So when I see the current Wii's dashboard of different TV screens, I can't help but think of that concept taken to the next level: seeing all of my friends' games playing in the different windows. You know,not that unlike what OnLive offers with its streaming service.Forget Facebook alerting you to what your friends have been doing in their games -- how about a platform that actually shows you?

But here's where things get potentially even cooler. Imagine seeing your friend's game in one of the screens. You click on it, and -- provided you have the game too -- you then seamlessly join his or her game. No waiting until the next match and no buffering to sync up consoles. Just a seamless online experience, exactly as Nintendo would want it.And the beauty of this is that the concept extends to not only new games, but potentially Nintendo's back catalog of ****cs. Got a friend racing the AI in Super Mario Kart? What if the game was retrofitted so that you could hop right in at any given moment? That, my friends, may well be the promise of Project Cafe.

H

And that's the thing I want to make clear about all of this: I really have no idea how much of this Nintendo will actually achieve with its new console. Again, Nintendo is hardly a company with a proven track record when it comes to online. But Nintendo does get social experiences, and if it's really ready to take the plunge on consoles, I believe it could revolutionize the market again, just as it did with the motion control interface last generation.

So when Stream or whatever it's eventually called is finally released and not everything is exactly as I hypothesized here, don't be shocked or disappointed. I just wanted to give you a taste of some of the rumblings I've heard, if only to paint a picture of what could be, regardless of how it ultimately takes shape.But I can at least assure you of two things: 1. This is absolutely the direction Nintendo is headed with its next console, and 2. Regardless of whether this all materializes in Project Cafe or in some console or handheld later, the future of social gaming as envisioned by Nintendo is sounding pretty darn exciting.

Very interesting, yes?

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1530 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

According to 1up's Sam Kennedy, Nintendo is not only taking Apple head on with a tablet like controller, but they are aiming to make On-Live obscelete in the process.
http://www.1up.com/news/nintendo-stream-console

I'll take things a step further. Care to guess where the name "Stream" comes from? You've likely seen the supposed leaked image of the system's ability to stream games to its controller screens, butmy understanding is that Nintendo aims to take this concept further and stream video of games being played to other peoples' machines so that friends can see what each other are up to. When you look at Nintendo consoles and handhelds, there's often a clear progression of its intent -- what starts as an experimental feature in one generation fully takes form in another. Chris Kohler just pointed out on Wired, for instance, that Project Cafe's touch-screen controller makes perfect sense if you look at Nintendo's past with the GBA to GameCube link cable.

So when I see the current Wii's dashboard of different TV screens, I can't help but think of that concept taken to the next level: seeing all of my friends' games playing in the different windows. You know,not that unlike what OnLive offers with its streaming service.Forget Facebook alerting you to what your friends have been doing in their games -- how about a platform that actually shows you?

But here's where things get potentially even cooler. Imagine seeing your friend's game in one of the screens. You click on it, and -- provided you have the game too -- you then seamlessly join his or her game. No waiting until the next match and no buffering to sync up consoles. Just a seamless online experience, exactly as Nintendo would want it.And the beauty of this is that the concept extends to not only new games, but potentially Nintendo's back catalog of ****cs. Got a friend racing the AI in Super Mario Kart? What if the game was retrofitted so that you could hop right in at any given moment? That, my friends, may well be the promise of Project Cafe.

Very interesting, yes?

22Toothpicks

I really like these two quotes.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1531 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

Did anybody see these pictures? It looks cool and it could be what the controller looks like it isn't bad but I thought they said it would have Triggers.

http://i.imgur.com/jTOin.jpg

I only linked to the images because they are really large.

Nintendo_Ownes7

Not sure how you'd play Super Mario Galaxy without a pointer :P
Triggers could be on the back side which isn't completely flattened for additional grip.
Has a camera. That wasn't mentioned before.
Also has audio which the other ones I've seen so far don't.
Home button but no Start/Select buttons.
Not sure why a wireless indicator is needed considering it's a wireless controller.
Glow for P1/2/3/4 seems a bit off.

link

Sphenodonta

Clockwise from the top, the button pattern should be XABY, not YABX.
Home/Start/Select buttons are too far apart from the rest of the controller.
No P1/2/3/4 indicator.
No power button.
No audio.
Controller as a whole seems bulky.

edit: Since y'all seem to love the tablet idea so much how about this?
it has raised analogue sticks and a more economical design... (can't seem to find the shoulder buttons though...)

Sphenodonta

Button pattern wrong. Again. >.> (Curse you, Sam!)
Home/Start/Select buttons are way too far apart from the rest of the controller.
Triggers could be on the backside hidden by those grooves. If not, elevated sticks pose a grip problem as index fingers won't have anything to grip to unlike handhelds. Thumbs will be too far apart from the rest of the hands.
No power button.
No audio.
No P1/2/3/4 indicator.

-----

Personal thoughts:

A lot of the controllers I've seen, despite being wireless and not handheld consoles, don't have a P1/2/3/4 indicator.
While powering on/off the N6/controller could be done through the Home button/menu, Nintendo seems to like having a button dedicated to the task as seen with the 3DS. Most controllers so far don't have a power button.
All have screens but only one has audio? What sort of madness is this? Sure, you could have audio output the same way as your average phone, but the quality wouldn't be that great, would it? I don't know, I'm not a phone person.
For backwards compatability and Virtual Console expansion purposes, wouldn't two sets of triggers/shoulder buttons be needed as opposed to one? Buying another controller over the lack of two easily placeable buttons is a ripoff, especially if you're not a Wii owner with a CIassic Controller or Gamecube controller.

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
deactivated-586249e1b64ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1532 deactivated-586249e1b64ba
Member since 2004 • 7629 Posts

According to 1up's Sam Kennedy, Nintendo is not only taking Apple head on with a tablet like controller, but they are aiming to make On-Live obscelete in the process.http://www.1up.com/news/nintendo-stream-console

WALLOFTEXTLAWL

22Toothpicks

Interesting take on the codename, but I'm a little concerned about bandwidth issues and system resources. Also don't think joining will be as seamless as made it sound. Video streaming and playing the game being seen are two different things. Load times an issue unless the N6 has (Read: damn better have, for Zelda/Metroid's sake,) an SSD.

BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1533 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts
The streaming would be great if your connection could handle it... Connections could barely handle one online game, much less multiple screens of games
Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1534 Scoob64
Member since 2008 • 2635 Posts

that is a sexy console... the black/gray is the same shade as the n64... definitely nicer than the white one.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1535 SaltyMeatballs

[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="charizard1605"] My friend's dad's ex wife's son's best friend's step mom works at Nintendo. She personally invited me to the Nintendo HQ to let me play this new system.charizard1605

I will proceed to gloat...

e-gloat 8)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1536 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] You can apologise now :PSaltyMeatballs

I will proceed to gloat...

e-gloat 8)

Just you wait, I will get back at you for this one day... :evil:
killzonexbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1537 killzonexbox
Member since 2010 • 3019 Posts

Main Final Fantasy Series coming back to Nintendo with Final Fantasy XV?

Enforcedspot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1538 Enforcedspot

Main Final Fantasy Series coming back to Nintendo with Final Fantasy XV?

killzonexbox
never played final fantasy but that would be awesome.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1539 Cherokee_Jack

I wonder how Nintendo feels about this PSN thing happening right now. Sure seems to have become the story of the week in place of Cafe.

Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1540 Scoob64

I wonder how Nintendo feels about this PSN thing happening right now. Sure seems to have become the story of the week in place of Cafe.

Cherokee_Jack

i doubt they're as upset as sony ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1541 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

Scoob64

Well said :P However, I feel incredibly bad for Sony right now. Yes, I'm pissed at them, but I feel legitimately sorry for those guys...
Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1542 Scoob64

[QUOTE="Scoob64"]

[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"]

charizard1605

Well said :P However, I feel incredibly bad for Sony right now. Yes, I'm pissed at them, but I feel legitimately sorry for those guys...

i feel bad for those that possibly had information stolen, but i don't really feel bad for the company- they were vulnerable. plus I may never get over their swift killing of the saturn and dreamcast ;) hehe, but hey- its a business.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1543 Cherokee_Jack

i feel bad for those that possibly had information stolen, but i don't really feel bad for the company- they were vulnerable.Scoob64

They were vulnerable, but there are tons of people who look at that stuff, and a lot of different people at different levels who could share the blame. Whereas the entire company (or at least division) will feel the repercussions. It's mostly sad because they were in the process of having such a kickass year, and they've been building so much goodwill since the slim came out. Now this. I mean, it's not the end of the PS3 like lems are babbling about, but it's pretty heavy for them all the same.

...Oh for f***'s sake, here we are talking about PSN in the Nintendo sticky.

SO ANYWAY GUYS DO YOU THINK PROJECT CAFE WILL HAVE THE MARIO???

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1544 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="Scoob64"]i feel bad for those that possibly had information stolen, but i don't really feel bad for the company- they were vulnerable.Cherokee_Jack

They were vulnerable, but there are tons of people who look at that stuff, and a lot of different people at different levels who could share the blame. Whereas the entire company (or at least division) will feel the repercussions. It's mostly sad because they were in the process of having such a kickass year, and they've been building so much goodwill since the slim came out. Now this. I mean, it's not the end of the PS3 like lems are babbling about, but it's pretty heavy for them all the same.

No, duh! The Mario franchise is all but dead! When was the last time a major Mario game was released for a major Nintendo system?
Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1545 Scoob64

[QUOTE="Scoob64"]i feel bad for those that possibly had information stolen, but i don't really feel bad for the company- they were vulnerable.Cherokee_Jack

haha- to get that question out of the way, MAREEOO WILL RAWWWK

but anywho, no matter what anyone says, I will never feel bad for Sony. I loved the PS2, mostly for the fighting games, racing, and RPGs... but i was immensely disappointed with the PS3- the exclusives never interested me that much-minus Little Big Planet, and all the multiplats (that i've tried) look better on the 360. but regardless, I think the company as a whole could use a kick in the butt. Their quality as a whole has really gone done from just 10 years ago...

the PS2 was amazing... I still play it, even today. their TV's were awesome... and they had great products like the discman (well perhaps a bit earlier, but still). Today, they no longer make the best TV's (ESPECIALLY for the money... just look at the professional reviews and you'll see that plasma is still the way to go for videophiles...), the PS3 was nowhere near the quality of the PS2, their consumer product prevalence is not what it used to be, and the blu-ray is never going to be as prevalent as the DVD, as digital movies will take away much of that market.

vivelesjeux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1546 vivelesjeux
Member since 2011 • 33 Posts
looking at this project cafe concept controller I am a bit sceptic that such a large screen will be attached to a kind of standard old fashion gamecube like controller . Nintendo has always innovate and I don't see the incentive of having a screen fixed on the controller just to see what other player are doing and stuff. Surely the nintendo Project cafe controller will have to be different or at least the screen part will have to be detachable to be portable and looks like an ipod touch of some sort. Because lets not forget that some articles said that the big concurrence Nintendo was seeing was apple and not sony or Microsoft. they are the one to beat cause they play in the same ball park. then also what about the motion control? Nintendo did say that the controller will have motion control onboard and eventually some kind of sensor bar like device embedded in it. since the old wii controller will be usable as well. so what is that leaving us with?? well, a really new innovative controller to be that will have to compete with what is the trend now, and that is mostly: Iphone, Ipad and ipods. I believe that sociable, portable devices are the way to go and Nintendo knows it. So what could be better to have an ipod like controller device that can be loaded with content and games and then taken with you in your pocket to play on the go. even better it could even share content or have social software onboard like some kind of face book (mii book anyone) then back home you plug it back in and there you go you are playing games in hd on your 46 inches screen tv. !!! I believe that Nintendo will invest everything in their controller and not in their main hardware . !!!! and why do that anyway? its so easy for them!! who cannot afford to build a machine with a better gpu and processor then a ps3 or xbox 360. any graphic card you buy for 200 dollars will outperform any current console today.
GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1547 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9736 Posts

It would be great if we can play Dreamcast games on the Project Cafe's Virtual Console.

Sphenodonta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1548 Sphenodonta
[QUOTE="vivelesjeux"]looking at this project cafe concept controller I am a bit sceptic that such a large screen will be attached to a kind of standard old fashion gamecube like controller . Nintendo has always innovate and I don't see the incentive of having a screen fixed on the controller just to see what other player are doing and stuff. Surely the nintendo Project cafe controller will have to be different or at least the screen part will have to be detachable to be portable and looks like an ipod touch of some sort. Because lets not forget that some articles said that the big concurrence Nintendo was seeing was apple and not sony or Microsoft. they are the one to beat cause they play in the same ball park. then also what about the motion control? Nintendo did say that the controller will have motion control onboard and eventually some kind of sensor bar like device embedded in it. since the old wii controller will be usable as well. so what is that leaving us with?? well, a really new innovative controller to be that will have to compete with what is the trend now, and that is mostly: Iphone, Ipad and ipods. I believe that sociable, portable devices are the way to go and Nintendo knows it. So what could be better to have an ipod like controller device that can be loaded with content and games and then taken with you in your pocket to play on the go. even better it could even share content or have social software onboard like some kind of face book (mii book anyone) then back home you plug it back in and there you go you are playing games in hd on your 46 inches screen tv.

>.> They already have the 3DS... They'd be shooting themselves in the foot by creating competition for the 3DS... (though they did have the DS and GBM out at the same time...) Nintendo might Stream video to the controller, but not like DS download play like you're thinking... It would be local and limited. If the controller was the power house, there would be little need for the actual console and we would be discussing portables, not a new generation of home systems...
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#1549 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
I'm loving all the possibilities with the screen in the controller. Could it be a 3D one allowing stereoscopic 3D like the 3DS? Could it be a touch screen that could be implemented in games either using the touch screen facility or just as some sort of a radar? I just can't wait for E3 11 :D.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1550 SaltyMeatballs

Cherokee_Jack
Possibly good, maybe a time to remind 3rd party developers about their online system IF it is hugely improved from Wii online, if not I doubt they care, Nintendo statement itself was pretty meh. We just have to wait till E3.