The GameInformer Halo: Reach Screens *56k Insert Witty Saying Here*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#251 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]the 2nd one is the only real shot seen by the jaggies and poor image qualityBrownesque

I don't understand this "real" nonsense. Because this is what I see when I play Halo 3http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/822/822415/halo-3-20070923023559740.jpg

How do you unlock playing in photo mode?

Unlock?

It's there ALL the time. Every time you play, the game saves your gameplay. Single player, co-op, multiplayer, Forge... save every time. During playback, you can lock onto the MC/monitor/Elite or have a free-roaming camera. Pause at any time and at any angle and save the screen, or save the whole video to share with your friends.....who can do the exact same thing with your video.

It looks exactly the same as the gameplay.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#252 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Textures get more detailed as you get closer to objects. Notice how much closer the camera is in the "detail" shot.

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="killzowned24"] here is a good example of the photomode vs real. killzowned24
Where did that shadow come from? And why is that mongoose blocking the vegetation? :|

the shadow near the guy? that is from him. dont know about the veg.

Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#253 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
[QUOTE="VoodooHak"]Unlock? It's there ALL the time. Every time you play, the game saves your gameplay. Single player, co-op, multiplayer, Forge... save every time. During playback, you can lock onto the MC/monitor/Elite or have a free-roaming camera. Pause at any time and at any angle and save the screen, or save the whole video to share with your friends.....who can do the exact same thing with your video.

He was joking because of the resolution of the picture and the added AA.
It looks exactly the same as the gameplay.VoodooHak
No.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#254 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Of course why the hell do I even bother?.

SpiritOfFire117
Up your post count - lvl up quicker
Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#255 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts
[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="killzowned24"] here is a good example of the photomode vs real. killzowned24
Where did that shadow come from? And why is that mongoose blocking the vegetation? :|

No the shadow in that first screen is made by the concrete slab. And since it's not in the other screen I can assume those are too different screens. Oh if only that mongoose wasn't there. P.S. It's that ATV thingy.
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 II-FBIsniper-II
[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]

R3FURBISHED

Posting more does not make you level up quicker.
Konxumer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 Konxumer
Member since 2005 • 711 Posts
I just saw the Gameinformer with halo reach and I gotta claim Bull Screens. As always I would love to be proven wrong, but I know a target render when I seen one.
Vadamee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 Vadamee
Member since 2009 • 1195 Posts

[QUOTE="Vadamee"][QUOTE="mitu123"] I don't think one of the worst looking games using Unreal 3 looks better than most PS3 exclusives. And I played the game too.

mitu123

Hahaha that was a joke dude!

System Wars is serious business.:evil::P

Graphics are serious business! Look at games like Lair, Heavenly Sword and Haze! All hyped for graphics and all were stellar titles...oh wait... /thread :lol:
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 R3FURBISHED

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"][QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"]

II-FBIsniper-II

Posting more does not make you level up quicker.

To level up on GameSpot, simply:

SPEND TIME ON HERE

1. Watch Videos
  2. Download Videos
  3. Look for Walkthroughs
  4. Research Games
  5. Read Reviews
  6. Write Quality Reviews
  7. Post (contributes the absolute minimum to your overall level)
  8. Fill out your Profile
  9. Make a Blog
  10. Cruise the Forums
  11. Look at the Previews
  12. Read the latest Gaming News
  13. Look at the Newest Releases

_______

But that's enough OT from me. If it's not Reach related I'm not talking about it in this thread

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"] Where did that shadow come from? And why is that mongoose blocking the vegetation? :|SpiritOfFire117

No the shadow in that first screen is made by the concrete slab. And since it's not in the other screen I can assume those are too different screens. Oh if only that mongoose wasn't there. P.S. It's that ATV thingy.

which is the 1st screen?its a gif lol anyway ,i tracked down the pics used in the gif and they just happen to be right next to each on bungies site!The photomode one was flipped it seems to match up in the gif better.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#261 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts
Why are people going "OT" (some being hypocrites ;) ) and bickering about Halo 3.?
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

[QUOTE="Brownesque"] It's not trolling if it's true.R3FURBISHED

Do you want me to find Halo 3 screens - the 2007 game - that looks better than Resistance 2? I can.

I want you to, as long as you find a capture card screen grab with a first person HUD and not something off a halo 3 fileshare...

II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 II-FBIsniper-II
[QUOTE="killzowned24"] which is the 1st screen?its a gif lol anyway ,i tracked down the pics used in the gif and they just happen to be right next to each on bungies site!The photomode one was flipped it seems to match up in the gif better.

The pictures are in two different locations, so its not the best comparison, but there is no doubt that photomode makes the game look better.
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 SpiritOfFire117
[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="killzowned24"] the shadow near the guy? that is from him. dont know about the veg.killzowned24

which is the 1st screen?its a gif lol anyway ,i tracked down the pics used in the gif and they just happen to be right next to each on bungies site!The photomode one was flipped it seems to match up in the gif better.

Now I KNOW those are two different screens. BTW that slab DOES look the same in both however. And off Bungie's site? Belly of the beast much? Also "photomode" ? Really? Come back when you actually play the damn game and not borrow your friend's copy. :lol:
heybooboo19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 heybooboo19
Member since 2009 • 428 Posts

[QUOTE="reynal1287"]

No I don't because I'm aware of the financial and technical reasons that surround it. Why has the industry across the board recognized Uncharted 2 for 2009? There isn't a single multi-platform game to date that achieves better results than the most consistent console game in essentially every aspect out there. Vadamee

So your substantiation is a collective opinion?

Guess what? An opinion based on an opinion is still an opinion.

I think there are games that rival it in graphics. Does it hurt you that I don't share your zeal for Uncharted 2 graphics?

If it makes you feel better, I think Crysis' visuals are over rated and I think Uncharted 2 rivals it in some respects.

Hats off to people who can see beyond polygons and realize aesthetics. Sad face to those superficial folk :(

The technical merits I see, the collective opinion of the industry, and Eurogamer (Digital Foundry) blog who does the multi-plat comparisons for you. We are all wrong. You're right. Multi-platform games like Batman: AA are the most technically impressive on the market. It doesn't hurt my zeal at all. I know how good ND was with their latest. Other developers like Dice and Santa Monica acknowledge it. I think I came up with my opinion rather well. Can't say other multi-platform games can make the same argument.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
[QUOTE="II-FBIsniper-II"][QUOTE="killzowned24"] which is the 1st screen?its a gif lol anyway ,i tracked down the pics used in the gif and they just happen to be right next to each on bungies site!The photomode one was flipped it seems to match up in the gif better.

The pictures are in two different locations, so its not the best comparison, but there is no doubt that photomode makes the game look better.

agreed but its still a good comparison imo and shows the difference easy.
After_Math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 After_Math
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="Brownesque"] It's not trolling if it's true.Leejjohno

Do you want me to find Halo 3 screens - the 2007 game - that looks better than Resistance 2? I can.

I want you to, as long as you find a capture card screen grab with a first person HUD and not something off a halo 3 fileshare...

Better yet, why not compare videos. Heres a quick video I found of ODST, which runs on basically the same engine as Halo 3 (great art style however): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC0qpyacdes
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts

[QUOTE="Brownesque"][QUOTE="Vadamee"]Its comical to see delusional antagonist try and down play Halo in some form, even when not a protagonist soul hyped it. Has there ever been such a game that evokes rage and biased like Halo does? (Note rhetoric) In the mean time while posters here are vaunting their technical illiterate opinions, canonizing their favor games into this mythical pantheon, Halo: Reach will go on to sell millions of copies and retain its title as the most played console game of this generation.VoodooHak

It sells millions, therefore it is immune to criticism? Negative. People have not hyped this game? Negative. People have hyped this game. This game has been hyped graphics king by some posters, and one of those threads has already been linked to in this thread.

It sells millions. More than Resistance and Resistance 2 combined. Halo 3 is more critically acclaimed. Over half a million people play it on a daily basis.

That's plenty where Halo 3 outdoes Resistance 2.

So? MW2 outsells Red Orchestra but guess which one I prefer to play? Halo 3 outsells Dystopia (which isn't a retail release) but guess which one I prefer to play? Popularity has next to zero to do with the actual quality of the product. I can't believe I have to keep saying this. Britney Spears, **** Cat Dolls, Scooter, KISS.....need I go on here, really?

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts

Unlock?

It's there ALL the time. Every time you play, the game saves your gameplay. Single player, co-op, multiplayer, Forge... save every time. During playback, you can lock onto the MC/monitor/Elite or have a free-roaming camera. Pause at any time and at any angle and save the screen, or save the whole video to share with your friends.....who can do the exact same thing with your video.

VoodooHak

I'd prefer you didn't lie to me.

I wonder where all these CRAAAZY screenshots are coming from with two different levels of detail and anti-aliasing. I really wonder. Must be the troll fairy.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44280 Posts

[QUOTE="VoodooHak"]

Unlock?

Brownesque

I wonder where all these CRAAAZY screenshots are coming from with two different levels of detail and anti-aliasing. I really wonder. Must be the troll fairy.

Feel a bit like Goose sticking up for Maverick in Top Gun here but umm,seriously, he's right man. :)

He was in a neg g6 inverted dive - I've got pictures !! :P

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 VoodooHak

[QUOTE="Brownesque"]

[QUOTE="VoodooHak"]

Unlock?

SecretPolice

Feel a bit like Goose sticking up for Maverick in Top Gun here but umm,seriously, he's right man. :)

Plus 10 cool points for a Top Gun reference. Waiting on the visual demonstration of "the bird".

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 VoodooHak

[QUOTE="VoodooHak"]

[QUOTE="Brownesque"] It sells millions, therefore it is immune to criticism? Negative. People have not hyped this game? Negative. People have hyped this game. This game has been hyped graphics king by some posters, and one of those threads has already been linked to in this thread.Brownesque

It sells millions. More than Resistance and Resistance 2 combined. Halo 3 is more critically acclaimed. Over half a million people play it on a daily basis.

So? MW2 outsells Red Orchestra but guess which one I prefer to play? Halo 3 outsells Dystopia (which isn't a retail release) but guess which one I prefer to play? Popularity has next to zero to do with the actual quality of the product. I can't believe I have to keep saying this. Britney Spears, **** Cat Dolls, Scooter, KISS.....need I go on here, really?

Are we freely transitioning between consensus and your own personal taste... all at your convenience?

Popularity is one thing. Staying power and critical acclaim are another. Two things that Halo 3 has that Resistance 2 doesn't.

You WISH Resistance 2 had Britney Spears popularity. But..... it doesn't.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44280 Posts

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

[QUOTE="Brownesque"]

VoodooHak

Plus 10 cool points for a Top Gun reference. Waiting on the visual demonstration of "the bird".

:oops: Thanks umm - this best I can do umm, and stay outta trouble soooo here ya are..

After_Math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 After_Math

[QUOTE="VoodooHak"]

Unlock?

Brownesque

Chances are my post will be ignored but HERE IS WHAT HAPPENS IN "PHOTO MODE": * The first thing is a bump up in AA. Halo 3 and ODST, though they have great lighting, particle effects, and textures (besides human faces) have tons of jaggies. When taking screens I believe 4x AA is applied, maybe more. * The second thing is a bump up in resolution. So the screens seem more sharp, etc. *WHAT IS NOT CHANGED is the overall texture quality/lighting/particle effects/etc. Play the game for yourself in campaign and multiplayer, the game actually looks fairly well.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 R3FURBISHED

Seems those screens are gone (or is it just me?) guess EB Games didn't get permission. 0,o

Edit: Nope, my fault. They're back, seems my browser/internet is messing up.

Double Edit: Why is there so much fog in these screens? Bungie doesn't use fog in their games(at least not for the purpose of obscuring draw distances)...what is this noise?

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 SpiritOfFire117

Why are people going "OT" (some being hypocrites ;) ) and bickering about Halo 3.?SparkyProtocol
I know and they had to drag me into it. I can't remember how Halo 3 got dragged into the topic of Halo REACH. :P

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 SparkyProtocol

Seems those screens are gone (or is it just me?) guess EB Games didn't get permission. 0,o

Double Edit: Why is there so much fog in these screens? Bungie doesn't use fog in their games(at least not for the purpose of obscuring draw distances)...what is this noise?

R3FURBISHED
This engine can actually do weather this time around methinks. Bungie was talking about rain in some missions and that it'll obscure your vision.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 R3FURBISHED

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

SparkyProtocol

This engine can actually do weather this time around methinks. Bungie was talking about rain in some missions and that it'll obscure your vision.

I know Bungie wanted rain in ODST, but the engine couldn't handle it. So it would be a safe bet to state that Reach will have weather effects.

What I am wondering is why there is so much obscuring those draw distances that all previous Halos had?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#279 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

TC, you forgot some pics:

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 SparkyProtocol

[QUOTE="SparkyProtocol"][QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

R3FURBISHED

I know Bungie wanted rain in ODST, but the engine couldn't handle it. So it would be a safe bet to state that Reach will have weather effects.

What I am wondering is why there is so much obscuring those draw distances that all previous Halos had?

Lol, it's not a "safe bet":P It's a fact. I do not know. I don't feel like going back to the first page to analyze. :P
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 SpiritOfFire117
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

TC, you forgot another pic:

Wait! We're still talking about Reach? :o
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#282 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

SpiritOfFire117

Yep:P, plus I edited my post and here's another pic:

After_Math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 After_Math
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

SpiritOfFire117

I have to say, that screen looks GREAT.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#285 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
Looks good, but definitely not graphics king good. Doesn't really matter to me. It's shaping up to be a very good game, I'm really getting a Halo CE vibe from this game. I don't really like the Army of Two clone as a character though.
dylanmcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 dylanmcc
Member since 2008 • 2512 Posts

[QUOTE="VoodooHak"]

[QUOTE="Brownesque"] It sells millions, therefore it is immune to criticism? Negative. People have not hyped this game? Negative. People have hyped this game. This game has been hyped graphics king by some posters, and one of those threads has already been linked to in this thread.Brownesque

And you need to remember that popularity doesn't equal bad.
Your blatent hating on Halo, which seems to be just because of it's popularity from the post I'm quoting, it's quite funny. Fair enough it isn't right for someone to say "Halo sells millions so it's good". But it's a critically acclaimed game. It has the scores and the sales. Are you going to say the industry highly praising a game doesn't reflect the quality of the product?

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 SpiritOfFire117
Looks good, but definitely not graphics king good. Doesn't really matter to me. It's shaping up to be a very good game, I'm really getting a Halo CE vibe from this game. I don't really like the Army of Two clone as a character though. killerfist
Hey, he can rip those two guys in half and play jump rope with their spines if he wanted. :P
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 topgunmv

Holy crap, it's a picture that's impressive.

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="mitu123"]

mitu123

Yep:P, plus I edited my post and here's another pic:

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 SpiritOfFire117
Wow, i didnt tought it was going to look good, but i certanly didnt tought it was gonna look that bad. :O . Of the upcoming games its probably the one that looks worst. It almost looks like Ps2.Drakes_Fortune
Just like the other upcoming games, this one hasn't even come out yet. And PS2? Please. :roll:
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 SparkyProtocol
[QUOTE="killerfist"]Looks good, but definitely not graphics king good. Doesn't really matter to me. It's shaping up to be a very good game, I'm really getting a Halo CE vibe from this game. I don't really like the Army of Two clone as a character though. SpiritOfFire117
Hey, he can rip those two guys in half and play jump rope with their spines if he wanted. :P

And his name is manly. Emile, who'd **** with that? It makes me think he has French ancestry.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 SparkyProtocol
It almost looks like Ps2.Drakes_Fortune
No, not even close. This flat out **** every PS2 game in graphics and scale, res aside even
Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
Are these just from an upcoming trailer? Confirmed.
Drakes_Fortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 Drakes_Fortune
Member since 2009 • 5259 Posts
[QUOTE="Drakes_Fortune"]Wow, i didnt tought it was going to look good, but i certanly didnt tought it was gonna look that bad. :O . Of the upcoming games its probably the one that looks worst. It almost looks like Ps2.SpiritOfFire117
Just like the other upcoming games, this one hasn't even come out yet. And PS2? Please. :roll:

Im serious. It really looks bad. Really bad. You cant deny that for a big game like Halo it should look way better. There was nothing good about the graphics in those pics. maybe it will look better than that. Look at this one for example, look at that mountain back there, wtf is that?
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
the textures loook horrible , look at the ground/grass on the 4th picture... character models look nice (if this is actual ingame , which if its from the trailer i doubt it)
Drakes_Fortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 Drakes_Fortune
Member since 2009 • 5259 Posts
[QUOTE="Drakes_Fortune"] It almost looks like Ps2.SparkyProtocol
No, not even close. This flat out **** every PS2 game in graphics and scale, res aside even

Some Ps2 games come close to that, if they were HD they would probably look better. FF12:
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 SpiritOfFire117

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="Drakes_Fortune"]Wow, i didnt tought it was going to look good, but i certanly didnt tought it was gonna look that bad. :O . Of the upcoming games its probably the one that looks worst. It almost looks like Ps2.Drakes_Fortune

Im serious. It really looks bad. Really bad. You cant deny that for a big game like Halo it should look way better. There was nothing good about the graphics in those pics. maybe it will look better than that. Look at this one for example, look at that mountain back there, wtf is that?

I actually have that screen as a wallpaper. Also this may seem blasphemous, but I've seen similar mountains in UC2 :o

But still the game looks fine and should look better later on. And besides, when has Halo ever been known for its graphics anyway besides Halo 1 for its time?

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 topgunmv

[QUOTE="Drakes_Fortune"][QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"] Just like the other upcoming games, this one hasn't even come out yet. And PS2? Please. :roll:SpiritOfFire117

I actually have that screen as a wallpaper. Also this may seem blasphemous, but I've seen similar mountains in UC2 :o

But still the game looks fine and should look better later on. And besides, when has Halo ever been known for its graphics anyway besides Halo 1 for its time?

Halo2?

After_Math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 After_Math

Alright, I believe all the screens are up. My favorite has to be this one, great art style:

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
[QUOTE="Drakes_Fortune"]Wow, i didnt tought it was going to look good, but i certanly didnt tought it was gonna look that bad. :O . Of the upcoming games its probably the one that looks worst. It almost looks like Ps2.

This game has twice the things on screen than your precious UC2,it has twice the world ( OPEN WORLD,not a linear corridor levels like UC2) don't get proven wrong when the game comes outs,still has lot of time for polish and we don't know how old are these screens ;).