The GameInformer Halo: Reach Screens *56k Insert Witty Saying Here*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

I am still laughing at all those people who said the trailer was realtime. These screens no doubt have AA enabled too... These are the sort of environments and graphics they should have been producing back in 2007.

Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts
This will probably shut up all those claims of, "teh graphics king" but they still look......ok I guess.TintedEyes
Coming from someone that's called "TintedEyes" they might as well be......ok
topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

I'd rather they make the game look better overall instead of remaining hellbent of cramming excessive hdr into everything.

[QUOTE="jman1553"]

Uh... I'm not seeing a graphics king here.

The character models look fantastic, but the enviornments look meh, and it appears like they're using a bit too much bloom.

But with that said, the game is still a long way away from being released, and I have no doubt it will look much better.

-Coming from a PS3 only user.

After_Math

The environments are actually using full HDR. Where as Halo 3 had 4-6 light sources, and many claimed it was one of the best uses of lighting on consoles, Halo: Reach has 20-40 dynamic light sources.

Vadamee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Vadamee
Member since 2009 • 1195 Posts

[QUOTE="Vadamee"][QUOTE="n00bkid"]Who are hyping this graphics king again?MC3887

Rampant cows are to try and own lemmings later on by injecting false hype for this game. You literally see "LOL lemmings calling this graphics king LOLOk" when no one has said it was graphics king.

Yeah, lems did before we found out how huge this game was gonna be.

There may have been a few hardcore ones but how are a few representative of an entire consensus. Isn't that what cows normal retreat to saying? And just because someone doesn't think Uncharted 2 is God's son doesn't mean they're a fanboy... That just means they don't have a heard mentality and can think for themselves :P
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#155 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts

I'd rather they make the game look better overall instead of remaining hellbent of cramming excessive hdr into everything.

[QUOTE="After_Math"][QUOTE="jman1553"]

The character models look fantastic, but the enviornments look meh, and it appears like they're using a bit too much bloom.

But with that said, the game is still a long way away from being released, and I have no doubt it will look much better.

topgunmv

The environments are actually using full HDR. Where as Halo 3 had 4-6 light sources, and many claimed it was one of the best uses of lighting on consoles, Halo: Reach has 20-40 dynamic light sources.

The game does look better overall.
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

Xbox 360 fanboys aren't really calling this a graphics king at all because it's not even close to graphics king. It will look good enough for its scale.

But, what you can't deny is those stupid ass threads of a few fanboys hyping Halo Reach's graphics and animations before we even got magazine screen shot of the game.. That was just straight up ignorant.

The graphics definitely don't wow me at all. I hope they make noticeable improvements there. Gameplay wise, all I ask is that that they make Halo a way more intense experience because when I play that game I don't feel power in pretty ANY of the weapons. It's really just bland. Resistance destroys Halo on the weapon front. Also, the sound quality on the weapons aren't amazing/they don't feel powerful. The only weapons that I love from Halo 3 are the spartan laser and energy sword because they add intensity to the game and they feel so good to use. The standard smg/battle rifles don't.

Just make Halo a more intense experience and I'll give it a shot again.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#157 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Nice improvement over Halo 3.
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
[QUOTE="killab2oo5"]Looks a lot like Halo 3.SpiritOfFire117
Have you seen the GI side by side comparison? It showed the differences in character and weapons design.

Yes I did, and the differences weren't that large. I just thought that since the game is being made on a whole new engine that it would look a lot better. Maybe there's just a bunch of place holders.
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts
Those screens look genuinely mediocre. I say, they're almost giving Source mods a run for their money.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44206 Posts

[QUOTE="EVOLV3"]

I sure hope this wasn't the "impressive" graphics people were trying to boast about.

SparkyProtocol

How are they not impressive?

Seems it's fairly well known here at GS SW that if it's on 360.... Pfft - Have you seen KZ2 & UC2 ? In comparison to any 360 game, it's like night & day and totally laughable here - weird I know and I have an eye exam scheduled just to make sure me eyes okay.... but here we are... :P

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#161 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

[QUOTE="After_Math"][QUOTE="jman1553"]

topgunmv

To each their own. I would take a good looking game with massive battlefields and enormous battles over "normal" sized environments and 6-8 man battles any day.
SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#162 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts

Xbox 360 fanboys aren't really calling this a graphics king at all because it's not even close to graphics king. It will look good enough for its scale.

But, what you can't deny is those stupid ass threads of a few fanboys hyping Halo Reach's graphics and animations before we even got magazine screen shot of the game.. That was just straight up ignorant.

The graphics definitely don't wow me at all. I hope they make noticeable improvements there. Gameplay wise, all I ask is that that they make Halo a way more intense experience because when I play that game I don't feel power in pretty ANY of the weapons. It's really just bland. Resistance destroys Halo on the weapon front. Also, the sound quality on the weapons aren't amazing/they don't feel powerful. The only weapons that I love from Halo 3 are the spartan laser and energy sword because they add intensity to the game and they feel so good to use. The standard smg/battle rifles don't.

mD-
They said the improvement of the games audio from 3 to Reach is like night and day in GI.
Vadamee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Vadamee
[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]This will probably shut up all those claims of, "teh graphics king" but they still look......ok I guess.SpiritOfFire117

:lol: pwned
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 Brownesque

[QUOTE="kittyloaf69"]

[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

couldnt resist.

MC3887

Hahaha.

That is a complement, if the feathers look good enough in the video game that it can be compared to a real life suit?

I'm pretty sure he's making fun of the art design.
Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Odrec
Member since 2009 • 1897 Posts
[QUOTE="n00bkid"]Who are hyping this graphics king again?Vadamee
Rampant cows are to try and own lemmings later on by injecting false hype for this game. You literally see "LOL lemmings calling this graphics king LOLOk" when no one has said it was graphics king.

Are you kidding? I remember some lemmings hyping this as graphic king when there wasn't even a screenshot available.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#166 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Character models look nicer, but the environments aren't any better than Halo 3's. Trailer looked way better.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#167 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I think all the claims of graphics king are out the window but it does look a lot better than Halo 3

TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts

Link Yeah no one said it would be graphics king. :roll:

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#169 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Looks sweet. I really played Halo in depth for the first time yesterday, so it's really gotten into my radar.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 topgunmv

That isn't saying much. So far gears2 looks better than these shots.

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="After_Math"] The environments are actually using full HDR. Where as Halo 3 had 4-6 light sources, and many claimed it was one of the best uses of lighting on consoles, Halo: Reach has 20-40 dynamic light sources. SparkyProtocol

The game does look better overall.

sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 sayonara89
Member since 2009 • 1985 Posts

[QUOTE="sayonara89"]

[QUOTE="Vadamee"] I doubt anyone has said that but its still more impressive than Uncharted 2 in my opinion. Remember Halo isn't some linear corridor crawler like Killzone 2, Gears of War and Uncharted. It will have seamless vast environments. The character models look more detail in terms of textures relative to Uncharted 2's character textures. But you can tell that Uncharted 2's character models of more polygons.

Vadamee

"Corridor Crawler", I hate that kind of BS :roll:

Halo 3 scale > anything on consoles.

Yyyyyy? Far Cry 2, FUEL? Truly open world games.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Did you really post screens from EBgames? :shock:

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 SpiritOfFire117
[QUOTE="Vadamee"][QUOTE="n00bkid"]Who are hyping this graphics king again?Odrec

Are you kidding? I remember some lemmings hyping this as graphic king when there wasn't even a screenshot available.

Equally so were the cows downplaying the game while knowing about as much as lemmings about the game: CRAP
Vadamee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Vadamee
Those screens look genuinely mediocre. I say, they're almost giving Source mods a run for their money.Brownesque
Is that supposed to be a bag thing? Source Engine is still hanging with modern, 2010 releases. See: Lost Coast.
Puffinuffigus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Puffinuffigus
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Missed one?

MC3887

If I don't hear the sweet, sweet sound of "WORT!!! WORT!!! WORT!!!" pouring out of my speakers I swear I'll... :| ...I'll play a cruel prank on this unsuspecting animal.

No one expects to be pranked on the toilet Bungie, I'll do it, I know you don't want that on your conscience. :x

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 topgunmv

I'm assuming they're going to have an indoor environment or two in the game. They should showcase shots from such levels if they want to "wow" people.

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

[QUOTE="After_Math"] The environments are actually using full HDR. Where as Halo 3 had 4-6 light sources, and many claimed it was one of the best uses of lighting on consoles, Halo: Reach has 20-40 dynamic light sources. R3FURBISHED

To each their own. I would take a good looking game with massive battlefields and enormous battles over "normal" sized environments and 6-8 man battles any day.

heybooboo19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 heybooboo19
Member since 2009 • 428 Posts

I'm pretty sure people kept repeating a custom engine for the 360 built from the ground up by Bungie would be the 360's best and better than the PS3 games. I don't think it's either of those especially the 360's best.
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 SpiritOfFire117

[QUOTE="Vadamee"][QUOTE="n00bkid"]Who are hyping this graphics king again?TintedEyes

Link Yeah no one said it would be graphics king. :roll:

I think SpruceCaboose's post just summed it up for ya.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 R3FURBISHED

[QUOTE="Vadamee"]

[QUOTE="sayonara89"]

sayonara89

Don't know what "FUEL" is, but the difference between Far Cry 2 and any Halo game is that the Halo games are actually good.
mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 mD-

Those screens look genuinely mediocre. I say, they're almost giving Source mods a run for their money.Brownesque

ROFL. *grabs popcorn*

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Brownesque

[QUOTE="After_Math"]

R3FURBISHED

Bungie said they were going to upgrade the HDR, and it looks like they have.

The visuals in this game almost rival Resistance Fall of Man. So close.

ArcticWolf77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 ArcticWolf77
Member since 2005 • 332 Posts

mD-

I am a big fan of Halo and I agree with you 100% here on the gameplay part. The weapons don't have the kick that other games do. Bungie did state that they are fixing that for Reach. So we get our wish.

As for the graphics, if it looks like that and has The big environments With lots of enemies and vehicles like they are promising, I will be more than satisfied.

MC3887

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 MC3887
Member since 2009 • 1507 Posts

[QUOTE="Vadamee"][QUOTE="n00bkid"]Who are hyping this graphics king again?heybooboo19

I'm pretty sure people kept repeating a custom engine for the 360 built from the ground up by Bungie would be the 360's best and better than the PS3 games. I don't think it's either of those especially the 360's best.

If they made a linear game, then yes.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 R3FURBISHED

I'm assuming they're going to have an indoor environment or two in the game. They should showcase shots from such levels if they want to "wow" people.

topgunmv

Notice the big "EB Games" watermark? That means these are not Bungie screens - so they are not showing off the game. Thats probably why there is no mention of any of this on Bnet.

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 SpiritOfFire117
[QUOTE="Brownesque"]

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="After_Math"]

Then again, one of those games isn't even out yet.
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 TintedEyes
[QUOTE="TintedEyes"]This will probably shut up all those claims of, "teh graphics king" but they still look......ok I guess.SpiritOfFire117

Would me saying they look fantastic make you feel better?
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Brownesque
[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="Brownesque"]

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

But it's already the graphics king. It's got tesselators. TESSELATORS!
ArcticWolf77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 ArcticWolf77

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

R3FURBISHED

Notice the big "EB Games" watermark? That means these are not Bungie screens - so they are not showing off the game. Thats probably why there is no mention of any of this on Bnet.

The pics are from EBGAMES, which are taken from G.I., since EB/Gamestop owns G.I.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 R3FURBISHED

[QUOTE="topgunmv"]

R3FURBISHED

Even the Bnet forums don't have these screens. How old are these damned things?
ArcticWolf77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 ArcticWolf77

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="After_Math"]

Brownesque

Quit trolling

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 SpiritOfFire117
[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="TintedEyes"]This will probably shut up all those claims of, "teh graphics king" but they still look......ok I guess.TintedEyes

No but judging by your posting history an honest, nonbiased assessment would.
Vadamee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 Vadamee

[QUOTE="Vadamee"]

[QUOTE="sayonara89"]

sayonara89

OOOH forgot about those games. My point is, Halo 3 is larger than all the touted "graphics kings." People want it to look gray and monotonous like Killzone 2 and Gears of War but why? These games have their own personality... Would Mario be Mario with graphics like Crysis? No, its complete BS that people can't get past gray and blur. Few years back people on this forum were complaining because we saw so many games being released with over baring motion blur and depth of field and bloom. When we first saw a glimpse of Halo 3 people were disappointed, calling it a 'skittle shooter' because of all of its colors. This is a double standard and its really annoying. It needs to stop
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 Brownesque

[QUOTE="Brownesque"]

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

ArcticWolf77

Quit trolling

It's not trolling if it's true.

Blast from the past!

mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 mD-

[QUOTE="mD-"]

ArcticWolf77

I am a big fan of Halo and I agree with you 100% here on the gameplay part. The weapons don't have the kick that other games do. Bungie did state that they are fixing that for Reach. So we get our wish.

As for the graphics, if it looks like that and has The big environments With lots of enemies and vehicles like they are promising, I will be more than satisfied.

That's good to know then. I can imagine it for being hard for them to design a game that's very intense, yet still very open. I want to see them pull this off. And if you want to know what I mean, just play the BF2 Beta with quality speakers. The visuals and audio when you play that game are incredible (mainly audio though), and it features open gameplay. I think that's the reason why I never got into Halo like others have. I use to not be able to explain it why I just didn't like the gameplay, but I think that all it came down to was the overall intensity. That's why I own/love games like Uncharted 2, Left 4 Dead, TF2, etc. They just have their moments where they are great in the gameplay.
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 SpiritOfFire117

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="Brownesque"] The visuals in this game almost rival Resistance Fall of Man. So close.

Brownesque

But it's already the graphics king. It's got tesselators. TESSELATORS!

1. the game isn't even done 2. the game isn't even out and playable and 3. again with that goddamn sarcasm of yours instead of an actual answer.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 R3FURBISHED

It's not trolling if it's true.Brownesque

Do you want me to find Halo 3 screens - the 2007 game - that looks better than Resistance 2? I can.

Vadamee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Vadamee
[QUOTE="Vadamee"][QUOTE="n00bkid"]Who are hyping this graphics king again?heybooboo19

I don't recall them specifically saying Bungie. So what if they said this...? Do you not find it odd that 90% of multiplatform games look and run better on 360 and that there are multiplatform games that look better than your sacred Cell-rendered PS3 exclusives?
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 TintedEyes

[QUOTE="TintedEyes"][QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"] Coming from someone that's called "TintedEyes" they might as well be......okSpiritOfFire117

No but judging by your posting history an honest, nonbiased assessment would.

Lol obviously your not happy with someone unless they fall in love with these screens.

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts

Brownesque

There not even close, simply looking at the picture below you can tell that almost none of the detail on Nathan was actually modeled, other than the radio/mic thing and shoulder pads. This was the same for most of the games details, as well as it having poor lighting, and being overall poor quality wise.

nathan

akbar13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 akbar13
Member since 2009 • 2186 Posts

Everything looks great besides the environments.