The GameInformer Halo: Reach Screens *56k Insert Witty Saying Here*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SparkyProtocol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 0

#201 SparkyProtocol
Member since 2009 • 7680 Posts

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="Brownesque"] The visuals in this game almost rival Resistance Fall of Man. So close.

Brownesque

Then again, one of those games isn't even out yet.

But it's already the graphics king. It's got tesselators. TESSELATORS!

Of course you're ignoring the scale of the game.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#202 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

Seriously? All you can focus on is the graphics? Sure, it'll look nice, but there's so much more to the game than that. I'm sure graphics are why over half a million people are STILL playing Halo 3 on a daily basis, over 2 years after its release. :roll:

Interesting bits from the article:

Larger battles(40 fully active AI and up to 20 vehicles at a time, as opposed only 20 onscreen AI in Halo 3)

• New weapons, vehicles and enemies
  • Players have some control over the appearance of the main character, Noble 6
  • Civilian vehicles found on the field can be driven (pic is of a flat-bed truck)
  • Armor abilities replace equipables. Can be equipped one at a time. Includes sprint, night vision, active camo. Could be more
  • Gritty, documentary style cutscenes
  • New "assassination" mechanic/mission type
  • 6 distinct characters, much like ODST

I'm interested in those than I am in graphics.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#203 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Everything looks great besides the environments.

akbar13
The game is not finished, not even a couple of weeks ago Reach wasn't even playable all the way through.
Avatar image for SpiritOfFire117
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204 SpiritOfFire117
Member since 2009 • 8537 Posts

[QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"][QUOTE="TintedEyes"] Would me saying they look fantastic make you feel better?TintedEyes

No but judging by your posting history an honest, nonbiased assessment would.

Lol obviously your not happy with someone unless they fall in love with these screens.

Did I say that? Where the hell did I say that? And for the record (and don't worry you're not the first and won't be the last) I said the screens looked NICE. Not beautiful. Not orgasmic. And sure as hell not "graphix king". Just a simple 4 letter word, buddy.
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 Brownesque
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts

[QUOTE="Brownesque"][QUOTE="SpiritOfFire117"] Then again, one of those games isn't even out yet.SparkyProtocol

But it's already the graphics king. It's got tesselators. TESSELATORS!

Of course you're ignoring the scale of the game.

What makes you think I'm ignoring it?
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Brownesque

Seriously? All you can focus on is the graphics? Sure, it'll look nice, but there's so much more to the game than that. I'm sure graphics are why over half a million people are STILL playing Halo 3 on a daily basis, over 2 years after its release. :roll:

Larger battles(40 fully active AI and up to 20 vehicles at a time, as opposed only 20 onscreen AI in Halo 3)

• Civilian vehicles found on the field can be driven (pic is of a flat-bed truck)
  • Armor abilities replace equipables. Can be equipped one at a time. Includes sprint, night vision, active camo. Could be more

VoodooHak
What are you posting in this thread for, then? Seems a little OT.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#207 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

VoodooHak
I'm guessing people are ignoring that because we knew all that a week ago.
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Brownesque

[QUOTE="Brownesque"] It's not trolling if it's true.R3FURBISHED

Do you want me to find Halo 3 screens - the 2007 game - that looks better than Resistance 2? I can.

Actual gameplay footage? I would pay money to see that. No bullshots, no screenshot mode. You have to produce screens, aliasing and all that look superior to Resistance 2. Go.
Vadamee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Vadamee
Member since 2009 • 1195 Posts
Its comical to see delusional antagonist try and down play Halo in some form, even when not a protagonist soul hyped it. Has there ever been such a game that evokes rage and biased like Halo does? (Note rhetoric) In the mean time while posters here are vaunting their technical illiterate opinions, canonizing their favor games into this mythical pantheon, Halo: Reach will go on to sell millions of copies and retain its title as the most played console game of this generation.
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 SpiritOfFire117
[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"][QUOTE="akbar13"]

The game is not finished, not even a couple of weeks ago Reach wasn't even playable all the way through.

EXACTLY! It's one thing to hype it with nothing to show. But now that there's a few screens the game must be done already. Good! In that case, where's my copy? I want to play some slayer with some buddies who obviously have the game too.
sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 sayonara89
Member since 2009 • 1985 Posts

[QUOTE="heybooboo19"][QUOTE="Vadamee"] Rampant cows are to try and own lemmings later on by injecting false hype for this game. You literally see "LOL lemmings calling this graphics king LOLOk" when no one has said it was graphics king.Vadamee
I'm pretty sure people kept repeating a custom engine for the 360 built from the ground up by Bungie would be the 360's best and better than the PS3 games. I don't think it's either of those especially the 360's best.

I don't recall them specifically saying Bungie. So what if they said this...? Do you not find it odd that 90% of multiplatform games look and run better on 360 and that there are multiplatform games that look better than your sacred Cell-rendered PS3 exclusives?

???

heybooboo19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 heybooboo19
Member since 2009 • 428 Posts

[QUOTE="heybooboo19"][QUOTE="Vadamee"] Rampant cows are to try and own lemmings later on by injecting false hype for this game. You literally see "LOL lemmings calling this graphics king LOLOk" when no one has said it was graphics king.MC3887

I'm pretty sure people kept repeating a custom engine for the 360 built from the ground up by Bungie would be the 360's best and better than the PS3 games. I don't think it's either of those especially the 360's best.

If they made a linear game, then yes.

Well then that makes two poor assumptions I'd imagine. A custom engine by Bungie doesn't vault them into being the best on 360 or beating PS3 devs. If making a linear game will suddenly make Bungie successful on either of those two fronts, then by all means go ahead.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 R3FURBISHED

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="Brownesque"] It's not trolling if it's true.Brownesque

Do you want me to find Halo 3 screens - the 2007 game - that looks better than Resistance 2? I can.

Actual gameplay footage? I would pay money to see that. No bullshots, no screenshot mode. You have to produce screens, aliasing and all that look superior to Resistance 2. Go.

Something like that?

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 Brownesque
[QUOTE="Vadamee"]Its comical to see delusional antagonist try and down play Halo in some form, even when not a protagonist soul hyped it. Has there ever been such a game that evokes rage and biased like Halo does? (Note rhetoric) In the mean time while posters here are vaunting their technical illiterate opinions, canonizing their favor games into this mythical pantheon, Halo: Reach will go on to sell millions of copies and retain its title as the most played console game of this generation.

It sells millions, therefore it is immune to criticism? Negative. People have not hyped this game? Negative. People have hyped this game. This game has been hyped graphics king by some posters, and one of those threads has already been linked to in this thread.
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Brownesque

[QUOTE="Brownesque"][QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

R3FURBISHED

Something like that?

A) 1024x576 B) I don't see any aliasing C) doesn't look like a gameplay screen I call your bluff I'm afraid. You may be able to do it but I want to see a legit screen, that's rule number 1.
sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 sayonara89

R3FURBISHED

Something like that?

Cutscene? No jaggies = bullshot.
akbar13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#217 akbar13
Member since 2009 • 2186 Posts
[QUOTE="akbar13"]

R3FURBISHED

I know that... I am just saying though that in those pics the character models are fantastic but the environments are bad.
TintedEyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 TintedEyes
Member since 2009 • 4769 Posts

R3FURBISHED

Something like that?

You totally failed the mission :lol:
akbar13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 akbar13
Member since 2009 • 2186 Posts
[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="Brownesque"] Actual gameplay footage? I would pay money to see that. No bullshots, no screenshot mode. You have to produce screens, aliasing and all that look superior to Resistance 2. Go.Brownesque

Something like that?

A) 1024x576 B) I don't see any aliasing - Halo 3 has 64x AA C) doesn't look like a gameplay screen I call your bluff I'm afraid. You may be able to do it but I want to see a legit screen, that's rule number 1.

Vadamee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Vadamee

[QUOTE="Vadamee"][QUOTE="heybooboo19"] I'm pretty sure people kept repeating a custom engine for the 360 built from the ground up by Bungie would be the 360's best and better than the PS3 games. I don't think it's either of those especially the 360's best. sayonara89

I don't recall them specifically saying Bungie. So what if they said this...? Do you not find it odd that 90% of multiplatform games look and run better on 360 and that there are multiplatform games that look better than your sacred Cell-rendered PS3 exclusives?

???

Modern Warfare 2 Resident Evil 5 Assassins Creed 2 Crysis 2 Mass Effect 2 Battlefield Bad Company 2 & Hour of Victory
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 R3FURBISHED

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="Brownesque"] Actual gameplay footage? I would pay money to see that. No bullshots, no screenshot mode. You have to produce screens, aliasing and all that look superior to Resistance 2. Go.sayonara89

Something like that?

Cutscene? You never even played Halo 3 have you?

Here is gameplay

Some mo' with attractive lighting

mD-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 mD-
Member since 2005 • 4314 Posts

Something like that?

akbar13

A) 1024x576 B) I don't see any aliasing - Halo 3 has 64x AA C) doesn't look like a gameplay screen I call your bluff I'm afraid. You may be able to do it but I want to see a legit screen, that's rule number 1.

Wow, loss

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#223 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I would laugh if this ends up like God of War III, I remember those 1st screens and vids, I was on System Wars to see some responses.

1st video and some screens were shown: "Looks like God of War 2 in HD."

Playing the newest demo: "This game looks as good as Uncharted 2!"

The newest screenshots that came out a few months before the game's release: "Looks better than Uncharted 2 and is console graphics king."

That would be awesome.:lol:

sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 sayonara89

[QUOTE="sayonara89"]

[QUOTE="Vadamee"] I don't recall them specifically saying Bungie. So what if they said this...? Do you not find it odd that 90% of multiplatform games look and run better on 360 and that there are multiplatform games that look better than your sacred Cell-rendered PS3 exclusives?Vadamee

???

Modern Warfare 2 Resident Evil 5 Assassins Creed 2 Crysis 2 Mass Effect 2 Battlefield Bad Company 2 & Hour of Victory

So you dont have a PS3?

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

[QUOTE="sayonara89"][QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

Something like that?

R3FURBISHED

Here is gameplay

the 2nd one is the only real shot seen by the jaggies and poor image quality
heybooboo19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 heybooboo19
Member since 2009 • 428 Posts

[QUOTE="Vadamee"][QUOTE="heybooboo19"] I'm pretty sure people kept repeating a custom engine for the 360 built from the ground up by Bungie would be the 360's best and better than the PS3 games. I don't think it's either of those especially the 360's best. sayonara89

???

No I don't because I'm aware of the financial and technical reasons that surround it. Why has the industry across the board recognized Uncharted 2 for 2009? There isn't a single multi-platform game to date that achieves better results than the most consistent console game in essentially every aspect out there.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 R3FURBISHED

the 2nd one is the only real shot seen by the jaggies and poor image qualitykillzowned24

I don't understand this "real" nonsense. Because this is what I see when I play Halo 3http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/822/822415/halo-3-20070923023559740.jpg

Vadamee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Vadamee
[QUOTE="Brownesque"][QUOTE="Vadamee"]Its comical to see delusional antagonist try and down play Halo in some form, even when not a protagonist soul hyped it. Has there ever been such a game that evokes rage and biased like Halo does? (Note rhetoric) In the mean time while posters here are vaunting their technical illiterate opinions, canonizing their favor games into this mythical pantheon, Halo: Reach will go on to sell millions of copies and retain its title as the most played console game of this generation.

It sells millions, therefore it is immune to criticism? Negative. People have not hyped this game? Negative. People have hyped this game. This game has been hyped graphics king by some posters, and one of those threads has already been linked to in this thread.

Where did I say it couldn't be criticized? Oh, I don't think I did :) Contextually, relatively... Only people who hyped this game enough to have posters in this thread say "lol graphics my a**" were hardcore fan boys and were probably cows with alt accounts. Most of Halo's hype are from people who are shunning it based on its graphics. Same scenario with Crysis.
sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 sayonara89

Something like that?

R3FURBISHED

Here is gameplay

I played H1 and H2 on my pc and I know that "photomode" in H3 render images in very high resolution and than scale it to 720p (supersampling). ODST: http://www.gameswire.net/screenshots/screenshot_original-127-0027-32659301.html

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

That would be nice, but precedent points to the opposite happening.

I would laugh if this ends up like God of War III, I remember those 1st screens and vids, I was on System Wars to see some responses.

1st video and some screens were shown: "Looks like God of War 2 in HD."

Playing the newest demo: "This game looks as good as Uncharted 2!"

The newest screenshots that came out a few months before the game's release: "Looks better than Uncharted 2 and is console graphics king."

That would be awesome.:lol:

mitu123

Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Brownesque

Something like that?

R3FURBISHED

Here is gameplay

First one is not a gameplay screen, the second one does look pretty decent. The lighting is okay, the character models hold up well, the draw distance isn't bad, but there is a noticable lack of ground shadows (common to many games). I don't know that it's necessarily better than Resistance 2, it's certainly not impressive.
Brownesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Brownesque

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]the 2nd one is the only real shot seen by the jaggies and poor image qualityR3FURBISHED

I don't understand this "real" nonsense. Because this is what I see when I play Halo 3http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/822/822415/halo-3-20070923023559740.jpg

How do you unlock playing in photo mode?
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 R3FURBISHED

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]the 2nd one is the only real shot seen by the jaggies and poor image qualityBrownesque

How do you unlock playing in photo mode?

Confusion: I don't understand what you mean.

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 SpiritOfFire117
[QUOTE="sayonara89"]

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

Cutscene? No jaggies = bullshot.sayonara89

Here is gameplay

I played H1 and H2 on my pc and I know that "photomode" in H3 render images in very high resolution and than scale it to 720p (supersampling). ODST: http://www.gameswire.net/screenshots/screenshot_original-127-0027-32659301.html

"Photomode"? Way to damage your credibility even more. :lol:
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 killzowned24

[QUOTE="killzowned24"]the 2nd one is the only real shot seen by the jaggies and poor image qualityR3FURBISHED

fake! the replay mode upscales I think to 1080p + adds tons of AA or something like that.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 mitu123

[QUOTE="sayonara89"]

[QUOTE="Vadamee"] I don't recall them specifically saying Bungie. So what if they said this...? Do you not find it odd that 90% of multiplatform games look and run better on 360 and that there are multiplatform games that look better than your sacred Cell-rendered PS3 exclusives?Vadamee

???

I don't think one of the worst looking games using Unreal 3 looks better than most PS3 exclusives. And I played the game too.

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#238 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Im really not liking the new "gritty" look

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 R3FURBISHED
[QUOTE="killzowned24"] fake!

Take it up with IGN then
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 VoodooHak

[QUOTE="VoodooHak"]

II-FBIsniper-II

I'm guessing people are ignoring that because we knew all that a week ago.

It's more refreshing than the old graphics conversation. Is that all the fanboys have left nowadays?

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 killzowned24
[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"][QUOTE="killzowned24"] fake!

Take it up with IGN then

here is a good example of the photomode vs real.
sayonara89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 sayonara89
[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"][QUOTE="killzowned24"] fake!

Take it up with IGN then

http://www.gameswire.net/screenshots/58-kizingo-boulevard-stage-screenshots_126.html (direct feeds)
Vadamee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Vadamee

No I don't because I'm aware of the financial and technical reasons that surround it. Why has the industry across the board recognized Uncharted 2 for 2009? There isn't a single multi-platform game to date that achieves better results than the most consistent console game in essentially every aspect out there. reynal1287

So your substantiation is a collective opinion?

Guess what? An opinion based on an opinion is still an opinion.

I think there are games that rival it in graphics. Does it hurt you that I don't share your zeal for Uncharted 2 graphics?

If it makes you feel better, I think Crysis' visuals are over rated and I think Uncharted 2 rivals it in some respects.

Hats off to people who can see beyond polygons and realize aesthetics. Sad face to those superficial folk :(

SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 SpiritOfFire117
[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"][QUOTE="killzowned24"] fake! killzowned24
Take it up with IGN then

Where did that shadow come from? And why is that mongoose blocking the vegetation? :|
VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 VoodooHak

[QUOTE="Vadamee"]Its comical to see delusional antagonist try and down play Halo in some form, even when not a protagonist soul hyped it. Has there ever been such a game that evokes rage and biased like Halo does? (Note rhetoric) In the mean time while posters here are vaunting their technical illiterate opinions, canonizing their favor games into this mythical pantheon, Halo: Reach will go on to sell millions of copies and retain its title as the most played console game of this generation.Brownesque

It sells millions. More than Resistance and Resistance 2 combined. Halo 3 is more critically acclaimed. Over half a million people play it on a daily basis.

That's plenty where Halo 3 outdoes Resistance 2.

Vadamee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Vadamee

[QUOTE="Vadamee"][QUOTE="sayonara89"]

???

mitu123

I don't think one of the worst looking games using Unreal 3 looks better than most PS3 exclusives. And I played the game too.

Hahaha that was a joke dude! I'm surprised no one else caught that. I played it also, it was by far the worst game I've played this generation and it looked like ass to boot. Hour of Victory was just Call of Duty fodder, trying to capitalize on its success.
R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 R3FURBISHED
[QUOTE="killzowned24"] here is a good example of the photomode vs real.

So all that extra detail is added by the photo mode and the Halo 3 multiplayer maps have that little detail? I don't think so.
SpiritOfFire117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 SpiritOfFire117

Of course why the hell do I even bother? With so many people using the term "photomode" and calling out cutscenes where there were none it's obvious I'm arguing with guys that have little or no experience with Halo to begin with other than from reviews, youtube, hearsay, and, of course, their "friend's house".

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="Vadamee"] Modern Warfare 2 Resident Evil 5 Assassins Creed 2 Crysis 2 Mass Effect 2 Battlefield Bad Company 2 & Hour of VictoryVadamee

Hahaha that was a joke dude!

System Wars is serious business.:evil::P

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 killzowned24
[QUOTE="killzowned24"][QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"] Take it up with IGN thenSpiritOfFire117

Where did that shadow come from? And why is that mongoose blocking the vegetation? :|

the shadow near the guy? that is from him. dont know about the veg.