The Evil Within - Shinji Mikamis Survival Horror Trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#51 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts
[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]For once I agree with you, atleast about those games. This, however, gives me that Resident Evil 4 vibe. Not having anything to do with Capcom is also a major bonus.Some-Mist
I am thinking being in a partnership with Bethesda gives it a fighting chance. Mikami might even throw in some game breaking bugs and glitches just so it feels like a Bethesda game. Resident Evil 1, 2, and 4 were great. But Mikami is actually a hit and miss game creator. He is due for a good game.

I think I disagree with nearly everything you've said - though you might just be trolling (obviously in regards to bethesda). He was just a creative producer behind shadows of the damned, but I had a lot of fun with that title. vanquish is regarded as one of the best TPS games of this gen (and possibly of all time). I think the only title of his that I felt was a waste of my money.. was P.N.03

Shadows was decent fun and I got about 2/3's through it but I would not of bought it at full price. And Vanquish is one of those games so-called hardcore guys feels they have to like to hold their gamercard. In reality it is a lame Gears rip-off with lame boss battles (SHOOT THE ORANGE SPOT.....HOW ORIGINAL), lame environments that are also repetitive, a lame story, and a chain smoking lead that is bland as hell. There is a reason it was in the bargain bin a month after release. It wasn't a very good game. The Mikami and Platinum name got it the few sales it did get. But if you wanna pretend it is good go ahead. And at 84 on metacritc, saying it is the best 3rd person shooter compared to numbers put up by Gears, Uncharted, and even Dead Space 1 and 2 is a joke. http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/vanquish/results
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#52 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"][QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] I am thinking being in a partnership with Bethesda gives it a fighting chance. Mikami might even throw in some game breaking bugs and glitches just so it feels like a Bethesda game. Resident Evil 1, 2, and 4 were great. But Mikami is actually a hit and miss game creator. He is due for a good game.timbers_WSU
I think I disagree with nearly everything you've said - though you might just be trolling (obviously in regards to bethesda). He was just a creative producer behind shadows of the damned, but I had a lot of fun with that title. vanquish is regarded as one of the best TPS games of this gen (and possibly of all time). I think the only title of his that I felt was a waste of my money.. was P.N.03

Shadows was decent fun and I got about 2/3's through it but I would not of bought it at full price. And Vanquish is one of those games so-called hardcore guys feels they have to like to hold their gamercard. In reality it is a lame Gears rip-off with lame boss battles (SHOOT THE ORANGE SPOT.....HOW ORIGINAL), lame environments that are also repetitive, a lame story, and a chain smoking lead that is bland as hell. There is a reason it was in the bargain bin a month after release. It wasn't a very good game. The Mikami and Platinum name got it the few sales it did get. But if you wanna pretend it is good go ahead. And at 84 on metacritc, saying it is the best 3rd person shooter compared to numbers put up by Gears, Uncharted, and even Dead Space 1 and 2 is a joke. http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/vanquish/results

Look at those numbers! 

trollhunter2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 trollhunter2
Member since 2012 • 2054 Posts

[QUOTE="trollhunter2"]

The Evil Within= Resident Evil:?

Coincidence :? :?

seanmcloughlin

Well he is the director of both, more of a running theme than coincidence

I don't really see what you're trying to get at though

the evil within is like another meaning/synonyme for Resident evil, if you get what I mean :)

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 timbers_WSU

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"][QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] I am thinking being in a partnership with Bethesda gives it a fighting chance. Mikami might even throw in some game breaking bugs and glitches just so it feels like a Bethesda game. Resident Evil 1, 2, and 4 were great. But Mikami is actually a hit and miss game creator. He is due for a good game.timmy00

Yeah he's trolling or got plebian taste.

No. Vanquish is shit. I don't feel the need to praise crap (Vanquish, Godhand, No More Heroes, Psyconauts) because people who think they are true gamers feel they have to like them for respect. Vanquish is shit compared to Uncharted and Gears. Reviews and sales tend to agree. Vanquish, the last time I looked barely was above 60,000 total sales. So half the people who claim its greatness has probably never even played it.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] Shadows was decent fun and I got about 2/3's through it but I would not of bought it at full price. And Vanquish is one of those games so-called hardcore guys feels they have to like to hold their gamercard. In reality it is a lame Gears rip-off with lame boss battles (SHOOT THE ORANGE SPOT.....HOW ORIGINAL), lame environments that are also repetitive, a lame story, and a chain smoking lead that is bland as hell. There is a reason it was in the bargain bin a month after release. It wasn't a very good game. The Mikami and Platinum name got it the few sales it did get. But if you wanna pretend it is good go ahead. And at 84 on metacritc, saying it is the best 3rd person shooter compared to numbers put up by Gears, Uncharted, and even Dead Space 1 and 2 is a joke. http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/vanquish/resultstimmy00

Look at those numbers! 

Clearly Metacritic is fact yo.

[spoiler] lol at it being a Gears ripoff. Uncharted and gears wish it could have Vanquish gameplay [/spoiler]

When I'm trying to decide which game is better, I look at the numbers on metacritic.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 timbers_WSU

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Look at those numbers! 

Michael0134567

[spoiler] lol at it being a Gears ripoff. Uncharted and gears wish it could have Vanquish gameplay [/spoiler]

When I'm trying to decide which game is better, I look at the numbers on metacritic.

As opposed to a few guys in a forum? He said it was considered one of the best of not the best 3rd person shooter. It obviously isn't. And unlike the people hanging off the games balls because it is another niche Japanese made shitfest, I have played it so I know the truth....that it is crap.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="timmy00"]Clearly Metacritic is fact yo.

timbers_WSU

As opposed to a few guys in a forum? He said it was considered one of the best of not the best 3rd person shooter. It obviously isn't. And unlike the people hanging off the games balls because it is another niche Japanese made shitfest, I have played it so I know the truth....that it is crap.

Lol it's not the truth. It's your opinion.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#58 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts
[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Some-Mist"][QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] I am thinking being in a partnership with Bethesda gives it a fighting chance. Mikami might even throw in some game breaking bugs and glitches just so it feels like a Bethesda game. Resident Evil 1, 2, and 4 were great. But Mikami is actually a hit and miss game creator. He is due for a good game.

I'm honestly a bigger fan of the fast pace edge of your seat gameplay mechanics of vanquish... the gameplay is intense. The reason games like uncharted, dead space, and gears have to rely on their story is because those game wouldn't be nearly as exciting without 'em. reviewers typically review games for the low-iq masses, and if you prefer those types of games I have no problem with that. I also find it hilarious that you mentioned Dead Space 2 along with Dead Space 1, because it was a step in the wrong direction. They removed all intensity in the game (the best parts were being quarantined with the creeps) especially by allowing you to simply run away from creatures and skip entire sections.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 timbers_WSU

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Michael0134567

You could say that. And you could also say my opinion is supported by the majority.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#60 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Screenshots are amazing and highly impressive. Trailer was pretty meh IMO. But I hate live action trailers for games, it seemed more gorey than actual scary. Kind of like SAW type of horror. But I will wait for further stuff monday, I hope I'm completely wrong

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Some-Mist

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Look at those numbers! 

Michael0134567

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] As opposed to a few guys in a forum? He said it was considered one of the best of not the best 3rd person shooter. It obviously isn't. And unlike the people hanging off the games balls because it is another niche Japanese made shitfest, I have played it so I know the truth....that it is crap.timbers_WSU

You could say that. And you could also say my opinion is supported by the majority.

Still an opinion.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Not a fan of live trailers, plus it kind of looked like a SAW variant.

The game does look and sound pretty good though. As long as it doesn't have too much action, which I'm suspecting it will mostly be true to that.

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

As bad as Shadows of the Damned and Vanquish was there is no reason to get hyped for this.

timbers_WSU

For once I agree with you, atleast about those games. This, however, gives me that Resident Evil 4 vibe. Not having anything to do with Capcom is also a major bonus.

I am thinking being in a partnership with Bethesda gives it a fighting chance. Mikami might even throw in some game breaking bugs and glitches just so it feels like a Bethesda game. Resident Evil 1, 2, and 4 were great. But Mikami is actually a hit and miss game creator. He is due for a good game.

Reported for having shit taste.

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

tumblr_m0dc7en1x51r0pbtro1_500.gif awesome, will keep an eye on.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#66 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]For once I agree with you, atleast about those games. This, however, gives me that Resident Evil 4 vibe. Not having anything to do with Capcom is also a major bonus.

Clock-w0rk

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#67 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

As bad as Shadows of the Damned and Vanquish was there is no reason to get hyped for this.

timbers_WSU

the cr4ppy tastes of lems right here folks ^^^

OT: I'm liking what I'm seing so far. Very intense sh!t right there

I'm not a Lem shit for brains. I just don't wanna be called a Cow.

lol denial

why so mad tho?

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 timbers_WSU

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]For once I agree with you, atleast about those games. This, however, gives me that Resident Evil 4 vibe. Not having anything to do with Capcom is also a major bonus.

Clock-w0rk

Are you ever gonna come up with your own material? I really should of showed your mother how to use that clothes hanger correctly.
Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] As opposed to a few guys in a forum? He said it was considered one of the best of not the best 3rd person shooter. It obviously isn't. And unlike the people hanging off the games balls because it is another niche Japanese made shitfest, I have played it so I know the truth....that it is crap.timbers_WSU

Tool.
Avatar image for ShoulderOfOrion
ShoulderOfOrion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ShoulderOfOrion
Member since 2013 • 3379 Posts

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] I am thinking being in a partnership with Bethesda gives it a fighting chance. Mikami might even throw in some game breaking bugs and glitches just so it feels like a Bethesda game. Resident Evil 1, 2, and 4 were great. But Mikami is actually a hit and miss game creator. He is due for a good game.timmy00

oh the ironing
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#71 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Man looks like another hit from Mikami. Really impressive and gruesome stuff here.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 timbers_WSU

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Vatusus"]

the cr4ppy tastes of lems right here folks ^^^

OT: I'm liking what I'm seing so far. Very intense sh!t right there

Vatusus

I'm not a Lem shit for brains. I just don't wanna be called a Cow.

lol denial

why so mad tho?

And here comes the U mad silliness. Your way of saying "I have nothing." You are a whopping one level higher than me on the PSN Trophy count. And I have the 360 as well. So U mad?
Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Liquid_
[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] I'm not a Lem shit for brains. I just don't wanna be called a Cow.timbers_WSU

lol denial

why so mad tho?

And here comes the U mad silliness. Your way of saying "I have nothing." You are a whopping one level higher than me on the PSN Trophy count. And I have the 360 as well. So U mad?

your posts hurt to read
Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Clock-w0rk

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] I am thinking being in a partnership with Bethesda gives it a fighting chance. Mikami might even throw in some game breaking bugs and glitches just so it feels like a Bethesda game. Resident Evil 1, 2, and 4 were great. But Mikami is actually a hit and miss game creator. He is due for a good game.timbers_WSU

Are you ever gonna come up with your own material? I really should of showed your mother how to use that clothes hanger correctly.

Atleast you're learning.

You're still a dumb slut though.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 timbers_WSU

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

Clock-w0rk

Atleast you're learning.

U mad?
Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Clock-w0rk

rofl rofl rofl just rofl

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 timbers_WSU

rofl rofl rofl just rofl

Clock-w0rk
Yep. U mad.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Michael0134567

rofl rofl rofl just rofl

Clock-w0rk

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#79 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Nice! This has alot of Sillent Hill in it....and we need more real survival horror games! Can't wait.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Some-Mist

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

Clock-w0rk

Atleast you're learning.

literally the low IQ gamer I was referring to in my 2nd to last post. No wonder he relies on metacritic to support his argument.
Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Liquid_

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

rofl rofl rofl just rofl

Michael0134567

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Some-Mist

From the GAF:

So been working on the Japanese press release with a Japanese friend. The details pulled from it: 

-Uses ID Tech 5, they say they are taking the engine a step further than it has ever been used and are utilizing a state-of-the-art lighting engine and a much more powered-up version of the engine than any game to date has used.

-Sebastian and his partner go to a scene of a mass murder, where a mysterious force is at work. As Sebastian watches more and more of the police get killed before his eyes, he is attacked by something that knocks him out. When he comes to he must fight to understand a world where death and insanity live side-by-side. He will face unimaginable horrors where the only where to continue living is to fight. To discover the truth behind this powerful force, Sebastian must embark on a journey brimming with horror.

-Game is said to be trying to strike a balance between horror and action, and to but in the sense that one should be desperately struggling to survive and facing scenarios of unimaginable horror. They say they want to redefine horror, and seem to be going for a more difficult and intense experience.

-The game promises to have limited resources and be full of puzzles and traps. They want to fill the player with anguish, tension, and anxiety and send them off the deep end.

-They make a focus that enemies can easily kill the player, you'll have to be cunning and evasive to survive in these harsh conditions.

-This is a bit foggy, but it seems the player can experience random distortions that can happen in any area at any time, which changes anything from enemies, doors, walls, objects, or the like into terrifying nightmares that our character sees. These are random and change in real-time as well, it seems.

-They finish off saying that they want the game to start strong and continue with a growing feel of insecurity to grow as the game goes on. They also mention the game will have an in-depth world, and you're being hunted by something mysterious and dark.

seanmcloughlin
sounds almost too good to be true (already). I want to see some gameplay videos ASAP.
AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

The only issue I had with the trailer was that there was that giant guy with a weird metal object on his head and weilding a big, scary looking weapon... RE has already ripped off Pyramid Head somewhat with the giant hammer guy in RE5 and hell even Silent Hill Downpour had a Pyramid Head esque figure (Boogeyman). I wish they could try to stop relying on the tactics that made PH so feffective.

turtlethetaffer

yeah safe head reminded me of pyramid head to a degree, but honestly looked almost identical to the executioner in RE5.

Exactly... I hope the game doesn't rely too much on this character as a scare tactic.  It's been done to death before (although SH Downpour added a really awesome twist at the end of the game with their "Boogeyman") and there are other ways to scare people... That four armed thing that came out of the blood looked pretty creepy, for instance.

I thought of pyramid head as well when I saw that thing.

I do agree that it shouldn't be the main scare factor in the game. I'm hoping for more of a helpless feel in atmosphere and the ever so often thought of your demise to carry through in the game moreso than just have monster attack after monster attack. I'm really hoping it doesn't do this, and pull out marquee monsters (what that safe head may end up as) just to bring up some sort of pacing.

I liked RE4 and as long as it stays somewhat close to that on action and its pacing (well they had marquee monsters as well but they were pretty epic and added to the already great pacing), or goes closer to survival horror, its fine by me. Maybe make it more scary looking then that game though, which this already looks like its shaping up to be.

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Clock-w0rk

^ rofl rofl rofl just rofl

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#85 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

Incredible in for this.

Want to see gameplay though.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts
Good stuff. Love me some Mikami.
Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Liquid_
Good stuff. Love me some Mikami.freedomfreak
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#88 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

I really like those screenshots. Hopefully we'll see a gameplay trailer soon. 

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Michael0134567

Good stuff. Love me some Mikami.freedomfreak

Lol no.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
looks bad graphically if this is next gen pics but can already tell gameplay will be good.
PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#91 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

And there we have it, the proverbial nail in the coffins of Resident Evil and Silent Hill. Usher us into a new age of greatness, oh Based Mikami

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

And there we have it, the proverbial nail in the coffins of Resident Evil and Silent Hill. Usher us into a new age of greatness, oh Based Mikami

PatchMaster
Well, Silent Hill was dead already, and Resident Evil is like that emo chick that keeps taking too many Xanax. It's not one of those real suicide things, though. More like one of those cry for help things.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#93 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

I love the lovecraftian vibe I get from this game :D

The info so far is a mixed bag, but I will take it none the less :P Hell if they put up preorders now I would, no doubt.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="PatchMaster"]

DarkLink77

Well, Silent Hill was dead already, and Resident Evil is like that emo chick that keeps taking too many Xanax. It's not one of those real suicide things, though. More like one of those cry for help things.

Resident Evil has only gotten better.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
Wii skipped U missing out on more games?
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="PatchMaster"]

Michael0134567

Resident Evil 4 was a few years ago, man.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="PatchMaster"]

Michael0134567

If the last RE game was RE4 I would agree. Sadly it popped out two giant turds since

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 DarkLink77

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Well, Silent Hill was dead already, and Resident Evil is like that emo chick that keeps taking too many Xanax. It's not one of those real suicide things, though. More like one of those cry for help things.seanmcloughlin

If the last RE game was RE4 I would agree. Sadly it popped out two giant turds since

5 was legit as f*ck as a co-op game. True story.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#99 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

DarkLink77

5 was legit as f*ck as a co-op game. True story.

I thought RE6 did co-op better than 5

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Michael0134567

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Well, Silent Hill was dead already, and Resident Evil is like that emo chick that keeps taking too many Xanax. It's not one of those real suicide things, though. More like one of those cry for help things.DarkLink77

Resident Evil 4 was a few years ago, man.

Resident Evil 6 came out more recently.