The Evil Within - Shinji Mikamis Survival Horror Trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#151 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I'll wait tell I see gameplay

Ballroompirate
I approve of your signature and hope more will follow.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#152 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

[QUOTE="ReadingRainbow4"]

yeah safe head reminded me of pyramid head to a degree, but honestly looked almost identical to the executioner in RE5.

AznbkdX

Exactly... I hope the game doesn't rely too much on this character as a scare tactic. It's been done to death before (although SH Downpour added a really awesome twist at the end of the game with their "Boogeyman") and there are other ways to scare people... That four armed thing that came out of the blood looked pretty creepy, for instance.

I thought of pyramid head as well when I saw that thing.

I do agree that it shouldn't be the main scare factor in the game. I'm hoping for more of a helpless feel in atmosphere and the ever so often thought of your demise to carry through in the game moreso than just have monster attack after monster attack. I'm really hoping it doesn't do this, and pull out marquee monsters (what that safe head may end up as) just to bring up some sort of pacing.

I liked RE4 and as long as it stays somewhat close to that on action and its pacing (well they had marquee monsters as well but they were pretty epic and added to the already great pacing), or goes closer to survival horror, its fine by me. Maybe make it more scary looking then that game though, which this already looks like its shaping up to be.

I'm really interested in this games setting, all that's been released so far is a basement like area and a backyard, I guess it's also a graveyard?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#153 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

So instead of Pyramid Head Shinji has Safe head.gamefan67

More like....Square Head

giggity

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#154 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Looks promising.
Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#155 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

Yes please. That trailer was fun, but those screens! Will have to see more to decide if it's day one material. If there's an interesting story and RE4 type mechanics + slow movement while aiming, then tell me when to stop

moneys83c33.gif.

ChubbyGuy40

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts
Reminds me more of Silent Hill than Resident Evil, wasn't impressed by live action trailer but game shots have me intrigued.
cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

:cool:

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#158 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Survival Horrors have the most fickle gamers, more than any other genre. Passionate, Volitile and Insecure, all at the same time. Why Mikami has yet to appear on the news for assualting a crazed fan is nothing short of a miracle !
LittleRoys1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 LittleRoys1
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
thanks OP for the pics. Can't wait to see the gameplay
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Lulekani
[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="Some-Mist"]I think I disagree with nearly everything you've said - though you might just be trolling (obviously in regards to bethesda). He was just a creative producer behind shadows of the damned, but I had a lot of fun with that title. vanquish is regarded as one of the best TPS games of this gen (and possibly of all time). I think the only title of his that I felt was a waste of my money.. was P.N.03 timbers_WSU

Yeah he's trolling or got plebian taste.

No. Vanquish is shit. I don't feel the need to praise crap (Vanquish, Godhand, No More Heroes, Psyconauts) because people who think they are true gamers feel they have to like them for respect. Vanquish is shit compared to Uncharted and Gears. Reviews and sales tend to agree. Vanquish, the last time I looked barely was above 60,000 total sales. So half the people who claim its greatness has probably never even played it.

BOOOOOO ! ! !
trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#161 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

So... next-gen RE4?

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

This game reminds me of the earlier RES Evil 4 ideas , which were eventaully changed because capcom thought they were too weird,anyway its Shinji which means blind purchase regardless of reviews...but 2014 thats too long :cry:

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Wii Skipped U

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

Wii Skipped U

Jankarcop
Not really, it said PS360 and next gen.
parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#165 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

WELL HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GO TO SLEEP NOW F*CKING INTERNET.

omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 omho88
Member since 2007 • 3967 Posts

looks intresting .... sick trailer .... I mean it literally.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#167 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I literally can't watch the full trailer... If I did I would be delaying my sleep by quite a few hours :@

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

looks intresting .... sick trailer .... I mean it literally.

omho88
Oh yeah. I'd love to see a good survival horror, though.
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#169 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

As bad as Shadows of the Damned and Vanquish was there is no reason to get hyped for this.

timbers_WSU
Yeah, Vanquish was only, like, the best third-person shooter of this generation... It's so bad!
Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

Wii Skipped U

King_Dodongo

Not really, it said PS360 and next gen.

\

Its not on WIi U, get over it kid.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Jag85

From Resident Evil to... The Evil within, they could have come up with something better but I don't really mind, game will be so boss.

Clock-w0rk

From Bio-Hazard to Resident Evil...

From Psycho-Break to The Evil Within...

What's with the similar names?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

From Resident Evil to... The Evil within, they could have come up with something better but I don't really mind, game will be so boss.

Jag85

From Bio-Hazard to Resident Evil...

From Psycho-Break to The Evil Within...

What's with the similar names?

Honestly, if RE was my brain child and I was responsible for the games that put the series on the map, I would also come up with a similar name for my new series.  Why not?

This is like when people were b*tching about Sakaguchi coming up with similar names to Final Fantasy.

(not directed at you guys, but the ones that are b*tching).

trollop_scat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#173 trollop_scat
Member since 2006 • 2656 Posts

Honestly, if RE was my brain child and I was responsible for the games that put the series on the map, I would also come up with a similar name for my new series.  Why not?

ConanTheStoner

He didn't name it Resident Evil, he named it Biohazard.

Miketheman83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Miketheman83
Member since 2010 • 3156 Posts
Looks great to me. We need more horror games and this one looks scary as hell.
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Jag85

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

trollop_scat

While "Resident Evil" sounds like the kind of name Japanese people might come up with, the name was actually chosen by the American branch of Capcom. The Japanese title Bio-Hazard sounds more like proper English than the English title, ironically. Either way, I was just pointing out that both Psycho-Break and The Evil Within resemble the naming schemes for Bio-Hazard and Resident Evil, respectively. That way, it will probably be easier for both Eastern and Western gamers to make the connection.
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

[QUOTE="trollop_scat"]

[QUOTE="ConanTheStoner"]

Jag85

While "Resident Evil" sounds like the kind of name Japanese people might come up with, the name was actually chosen by the American branch of Capcom. The Japanese title Bio-Hazard sounds more like proper English than the English title, ironically. Either way, I was just pointing out that both Psycho-Break and The Evil Within resemble the naming schemes for Bio-Hazard and Resident Evil, respectively. That way, it will probably be easier for both Eastern and Western gamers to make the connection.

Yeah, I gotcha.

And Trollop, I know.  The point is, if that is what your brain child is known as then I dont see an issue in making your new similar series have similar names.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Jag85

[QUOTE="Jag85"][QUOTE="trollop_scat"]

ConanTheStoner

Yeah, I gotcha.

And Trollop, I know.  The point is, if that is what your brain child is known as then I dont see an issue in making your new similar series have similar names.

I don't think most gamers see it as an "issue". It's just one of those things that kind of stand out, like with Final Fantasy to The Last Story, like you said. It's a good way for a creator of an IP to make it clear to gamers who the real creator of those games were.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

And there we have it, the proverbial nail in the coffins of Resident Evil and Silent Hill. Usher us into a new age of greatness, oh Based Mikami

PatchMaster

In a sense of atmosphere I hope its a lot less of RE4.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

perfect blend of horror and action? Shinji's original statement was about it being a true survival horror game......but now action too? figures.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

MY BODY IS READY !

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

VOSpCv7l.jpg

nopenope.gif

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

[QUOTE="PatchMaster"]

And there we have it, the proverbial nail in the coffins of Resident Evil and Silent Hill. Usher us into a new age of greatness, oh Based Mikami

finalfantasy94

In a sense of atmosphere I hope its a lot less of RE4.

I hope so too, RE4 was a great game but I want a survival horror not an survival action game.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

Screams RE4.

Which means god tier video game incoming.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

Screams RE4.

Which means god tier video game incoming.

MLBknights58
only issue the big dude with the lockhead...aka pyramid head, chainsaw dude..etc etc. We don't always need the big guy who walks around stalking. I was hoping a more paranormal experience rather than the typical SAW like gore fest to scare.
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

The trailer was good, what are you all talkin' about?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#186 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Excited on the sheer premise that it's Shinji Mikami's last game as a director.

Peredith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Peredith
Member since 2011 • 2289 Posts

http://gamingeverything.com/46095/the-evil-within-art-pieces-uses-portion-of-war-z-screenshot/

L4IpySx.jpg

:lol:

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Epak_

http://gamingeverything.com/46095/the-evil-within-art-pieces-uses-portion-of-war-z-screenshot/

:lol:

Peredith

What? :lol:

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i really love the detail in the face of this one  Im looking forward to resident evil 4 - 2. 1 question, I hear a lot about megatextures and how rage looked awful bla bla bla.. Does the engine HAVE to use megatextures?
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Epak_

i really love the detail in the face of this one. Im looking forward to resident evil 4 - 2. 1 question, I hear a lot about megatextures and how rage looked awful bla bla bla.. Does the engine HAVE to use megatextures?campzor

Wait a minute, what engine is this game using, id tech? The face looks good, but not next-gen good.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#191 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

perfect blend of horror and action? Shinji's original statement was about it being a true survival horror game......but now action too? figures.

soapandbubbles
So Resident Evil games before 4 were completely devoid of action? Cause I seem to remember shooting quite a lot of zombies. Most survival horror games have action, ZombiU has loads of shooting and that still manages to be ridiculously tense when it wants to be. The only combat-less survival horror games are stuff like Amnesia and Fatal Frame (I think, never played it). It's knowing how to blend the scares with the action that made Resident Evil so good, whereas with Resident Evil 4 you always had enough ammo that even though it occasionally got tense you were never really scared.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

[QUOTE="campzor"]i really love the detail in the face of this one. Im looking forward to resident evil 4 - 2. 1 question, I hear a lot about megatextures and how rage looked awful bla bla bla.. Does the engine HAVE to use megatextures?Epak_

Wait a minute, what engine is this game using, id tech? The face looks good, but not next-gen good.

according to this, yes http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543141 Well, im guessing the devs want it to look on par with every platform, so thats probably why it doesnt look 'next gen'
Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 Lulekani

[QUOTE="Jag85"][QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

As bad as Shadows of the Damned and Vanquish was there is no reason to get hyped for this.

Ballroompirate

Yeah, Vanquish was only, like, the best third-person shooter of this generation... It's so bad!

Vanquish was no where near the best TPS of this gen

Spec Ops The Line, Geow 1 and MP3 beat the ever frack out of that poc wannabe TPS called Vanquish. All that game had was "decent" gameplay, everything else SUCKED MONKEY reproductive organs specially the dialogue in that game was beyond horrible, it was stereotypical.

Well theres just no arguing with someone with who doesn't even get the basics right. You do realise even causual gamers figured this out faster than you did and I bet you and Video Games go way back or do you actualy think Zynga, Kinect Adventures and Wii Bowling could be improved by adding some deep, dimensional characters and a well thought out story (Rhetoricle Question)? Vanquish may not be the best "game" but its definately got top tier "gameplay" and Platinum Games won't spoon food you Graphics, Sound and Story to help you swallow its GOD AWESOME GAMEPLAY meat.
KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

Nice ... That's Project Zwei, I presume ...?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

Jag85

Vanquish was no where near the best TPS of this gen

Spec Ops The Line, Geow 1 and MP3 beat the ever frack out of that poc wannabe TPS called Vanquish. All that game had was "decent" gameplay, everything else SUCKED MONKEY reproductive organs specially the dialogue in that game was beyond horrible, it was stereotypical.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

[QUOTE="soapandbubbles"]

bobbetybob

So Resident Evil games before 4 were completely devoid of action? Cause I seem to remember shooting quite a lot of zombies. Most survival horror games have action, ZombiU has loads of shooting and that still manages to be ridiculously tense when it wants to be. The only combat-less survival horror games are stuff like Amnesia and Fatal Frame (I think, never played it). It's knowing how to blend the scares with the action that made Resident Evil so good, whereas with Resident Evil 4 you always had enough ammo that even though it occasionally got tense you were never really scared.

No way man fighting a giant beast on top of a roof with a rocket launcher, blowing off the face of a huge aligator, burning a giant spider with a flamethrower, shooting giant snakes with grenade launchers and etc. were all completely horror elements.

SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#198 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

Reminds me of the human centipede.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#199 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

And just like that the greatest game of the generation rears it's head. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM 

MMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNN

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts
Looks interesting... Good thing it's for PC, or else I probably wouldn't consider it.