The Evil Within - Shinji Mikamis Survival Horror Trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

It's Live Action.

Trailer

More info

In game shots:

Confirmed for PC, PS3, 360 and next gen systems.

Shinji Mikami: Were incredibly proud to announce The Evil Within,, My team and I are committed to creating an exciting new franchise, providing fans the perfect blend of horror and action.

IGN will have exclusive first impressions demo of The Evil Within on Monday, April 22nd at 7:00 a.m. Pacific

The GOAT. what are your thoughts on it?

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

i have no idea what I just watch. but will keep an eye out

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

[QUOTE="Heil68"][QUOTE="sukraj"]

I need to watch some gameplay.

ConanTheStoner

Thats where it matters. Trailer is nice, but most are.

I know its never safe to assume, but I'm just having a hard time seeing how this one can go wrong.

I know I should wait, but I'm pretty much sold on the idea that this game will rock.

Look at his last few games. It is hard to see where it can go right.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Some-Mist"]I think I disagree with nearly everything you've said - though you might just be trolling (obviously in regards to bethesda). He was just a creative producer behind shadows of the damned, but I had a lot of fun with that title. vanquish is regarded as one of the best TPS games of this gen (and possibly of all time). I think the only title of his that I felt was a waste of my money.. was P.N.03 Michael0134567

Shadows was decent fun and I got about 2/3's through it but I would not of bought it at full price. And Vanquish is one of those games so-called hardcore guys feels they have to like to hold their gamercard. In reality it is a lame Gears rip-off with lame boss battles (SHOOT THE ORANGE SPOT.....HOW ORIGINAL), lame environments that are also repetitive, a lame story, and a chain smoking lead that is bland as hell. There is a reason it was in the bargain bin a month after release. It wasn't a very good game. The Mikami and Platinum name got it the few sales it did get. But if you wanna pretend it is good go ahead. And at 84 on metacritc, saying it is the best 3rd person shooter compared to numbers put up by Gears, Uncharted, and even Dead Space 1 and 2 is a joke. http://www.metacritic.com/search/all/vanquish/results

Look at those numbers! 

Clearly Metacritic is fact yo.

[spoiler] lol at it being a Gears ripoff. Uncharted and gears wish it could have Vanquish gameplay. but I'm done feeding him~ [/spoiler]

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

As bad as Shadows of the Damned and Vanquish was there is no reason to get hyped for this.

timbers_WSU

the cr4ppy tastes of lems right here folks ^^^

OT: I'm liking what I'm seing so far. Very intense sh!t right there

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 timmy00

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

Reported for having shit taste.

ShoulderOfOrion

oh the ironing

Senator Armstrong > you

741303172.gif

Razor_defiace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Razor_defiace
Member since 2004 • 1618 Posts

Meh, nothing is scarier than a mudcrab

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

From the GAF:

So been working on the Japanese press release with a Japanese friend. The details pulled from it: 

-Uses ID Tech 5, they say they are taking the engine a step further than it has ever been used and are utilizing a state-of-the-art lighting engine and a much more powered-up version of the engine than any game to date has used.

-Sebastian and his partner go to a scene of a mass murder, where a mysterious force is at work. As Sebastian watches more and more of the police get killed before his eyes, he is attacked by something that knocks him out. When he comes to he must fight to understand a world where death and insanity live side-by-side. He will face unimaginable horrors where the only where to continue living is to fight. To discover the truth behind this powerful force, Sebastian must embark on a journey brimming with horror.

-Game is said to be trying to strike a balance between horror and action, and to but in the sense that one should be desperately struggling to survive and facing scenarios of unimaginable horror. They say they want to redefine horror, and seem to be going for a more difficult and intense experience.

-The game promises to have limited resources and be full of puzzles and traps. They want to fill the player with anguish, tension, and anxiety and send them off the deep end.

-They make a focus that enemies can easily kill the player, you'll have to be cunning and evasive to survive in these harsh conditions.

-This is a bit foggy, but it seems the player can experience random distortions that can happen in any area at any time, which changes anything from enemies, doors, walls, objects, or the like into terrifying nightmares that our character sees. These are random and change in real-time as well, it seems.

-They finish off saying that they want the game to start strong and continue with a growing feel of insecurity to grow as the game goes on. They also mention the game will have an in-depth world, and you're being hunted by something mysterious and dark.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"] I'm not a Lem shit for brains. I just don't wanna be called a Cow.timbers_WSU

lol denial

why so mad tho?

And here comes the U mad silliness. Your way of saying "I have nothing." You are a whopping one level higher than me on the PSN Trophy count. And I have the 360 as well. So U mad?

In case you havent noticed, and you probably didnt because you're a dumb lem, I have two PSN accounts. One on level 12 and other on level 14. So no, you didnt played as much PS3 as me. And again, having both consoles does not make you any less of a fanboy. I've read a good amount of stupid biased comments kissing MS a** from you to know you are, in fact, a fanboy

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

i like it. it looks crazy scary. but i really don't like the silent hill art environment/atmosphere or moster style and was really hoping a lot more of an oldschool resident evil feel to it. an atmosphere/environment like the leon campaign in re6 or the atmosphere/environment in RE remake on gamecube.

still looks good though.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts
"My team and I are committed to creating an exciting new franchise, providing fans the perfect blend of 10% horror and 90% action." Fixed. Though it seems interesting enough for me to keep an eye on at least.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

Atleast you're learning.

You're still a dumb slut though.

timbers_WSU

U mad?

Quoting a enlighted moron

And here comes the U mad silliness. Your way of saying "I have nothing".timbers_WSU

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 timmy00

Oh man, those screenshots looks so good. Mikami gonna deliver again.

50u1r34v3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 50u1r34v3r
Member since 2006 • 1560 Posts

Never heard of it up to now but, judging by those screens, it looks right up my alley.

Thanks man.

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Clock-w0rk

"My team and I are committed to creating an exciting new franchise, providing fans the perfect blend of 10% horror and 90% action." Fixed.nervmeister

No. This is Mikami.

This game will be one of the GOAT.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

Trailer was like American Horror Story: Asylum intro on blood pills and amphetamines 

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
I will have to see more but from what I have seen I am very interested so far.
timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 timbers_WSU

As bad as Shadows of the Damned and Vanquish was there is no reason to get hyped for this.

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Clock-w0rk

Looks like it's called Psychobreak in Japan:

brain.png

I think I like that title more than The Evil Within.

Slashkice

From Resident Evil to... The Evil within, they could have come up with something better but I don't really mind, game will be so boss.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I need to find some anti-hype pills quick.

I just looked at some screens and I'm already thinking GotY.  F*ck!  Please live up to my unrealistic expectations.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="Jynxzor"][QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]providing fans the perfect blend of horror and action.ConanTheStoner

Was awesome up to this point.

Not a fan of RE4 I take it?

RE4 was good just not cream of the crop of RE games imo that goes to REmake. This title looks cool and look like it has some good atmosphere. im hoping there is no gun whilding enimies. When you got so much posibilites with creative monsters why the hell whould you throw a gun in there for them to kill the mood. I would understand if the game was going for some super action game but it doesint seem like that for this title.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#31 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
providing fans the perfect blend of horror and action.Clock-w0rk
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts
I want this so bad..
ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ConanTheStoner

[QUOTE="Clock-w0rk"]providing fans the perfect blend of horror and action.Jynxzor

Not a fan of RE4 I take it?

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
The one downfall to this game is that it is not being released till 2014. Heck probably a year and half since probably released in holiday season of 2014.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

sukraj
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Horror games is bad, i stick to Mario and other things :|

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ConanTheStoner

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

Heil68

I know its never safe to assume, but I'm just having a hard time seeing how this one can go wrong.

I know I should wait, but I'm pretty much sold on the idea that this game will rock.

NAPK1NS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 NAPK1NS
Member since 2004 • 14870 Posts
I'm too scared to be excited. I want a game as mechanically awesome as RE4... and I'll probably never get it.
Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Well the screens look awesome, will check out the trailer later

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

With the best version of this game, and items like Machine for Pigs and Slenderman and other actual survivial horrors: PC is truley the master of survivial horror.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

moneys83c33.gif.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

timbers_WSU

For once I agree with you, atleast about those games. This, however, gives me that Resident Evil 4 vibe. Not having anything to do with Capcom is also a major bonus.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 timbers_WSU

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

Bigboi500

For once I agree with you, atleast about those games. This, however, gives me that Resident Evil 4 vibe. Not having anything to do with Capcom is also a major bonus.

I am thinking being in a partnership with Bethesda gives it a fighting chance. Mikami might even throw in some game breaking bugs and glitches just so it feels like a Bethesda game. Resident Evil 1, 2, and 4 were great. But Mikami is actually a hit and miss game creator. He is due for a good game.
Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

Woah, more screens:

wCEJ4hC.jpg

8BwBQOX.jpg

EpzuUHa.jpg

4mrjRro.jpg

MQ38Upr.jpg

rTj2dq8.jpg

wKfWP2P.jpg

doNKHci.jpg

zyEaAjk.jpg

WkeEM3n.jpg

The last two are concept art, but this looks amazing.

Slashkice
those zombie ss's look oddly familiar to re4, regardless it looks amazing
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 timmy00

moneys83c33.gif.

ChubbyGuy40

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#47 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Another masterpiece incoming.

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#48 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"]

timbers_WSU

I am thinking being in a partnership with Bethesda gives it a fighting chance. Mikami might even throw in some game breaking bugs and glitches just so it feels like a Bethesda game. Resident Evil 1, 2, and 4 were great. But Mikami is actually a hit and miss game creator. He is due for a good game.

I think I disagree with nearly everything you've said - though you might just be trolling (obviously in regards to bethesda). He was just a creative producer behind shadows of the damned, but I had a lot of fun with that title. vanquish is regarded as one of the best TPS games of this gen (and possibly of all time). I think the only title of his that I felt was a waste of my money.. was P.N.03
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 timmy00

[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]For once I agree with you, atleast about those games. This, however, gives me that Resident Evil 4 vibe. Not having anything to do with Capcom is also a major bonus.

Some-Mist

I think I disagree with nearly everything you've said - though you might just be trolling (obviously in regards to bethesda). He was just a creative producer behind shadows of the damned, but I had a lot of fun with that title. vanquish is regarded as one of the best TPS games of this gen (and possibly of all time). I think the only title of his that I felt was a waste of my money.. was P.N.03

Yeah he's trolling or got plebian taste.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

That was repulsive