System Wars lounge V 87: The Immersive old school sim Masterpiece Edition

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2851  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2490 Posts

Jurassic World whatever the new movie is called succeeded, Sony will release some Adam Driver dinosaur movie, and still Capcom won't cash in on the dinosaur fandom with their own survival horror that is left dormant. But we need the twentieth zombie game in their other franchise. Honestly don't even think zombies are that popular anymore. Resident Evil is selling largely on inertia. Dinosaurs are harder to animate and code for, I think. In a Resident Evil game, most of the enemies are humanoids. In a dinosaur game, you have to animate a whole bunch of different species. I think that's one of the reasons there are few good dino games. But it's not an excuse.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2852 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23727 Posts

Yeah a new Dino Crisis would be cool, couldn't guess as to why they don't go there. Done right, could see it being another cash cow for them. Seems it's just Capcoms thing, mostly well established safe bets, lots of dormant IPs.

Naturally a greater variety of morphology is going to mean more work. More unique meshes, rigs, animations, etc. But I can't imagine that's the issue, not like Capcom is some indie dev lol.

Just look at a From game for example, especially something like Elden Ring. Tons of variation on bipeds, quadrupeds, and all kinds of weird shit beyond that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2853 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59327 Posts

And give them feathers.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2854  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44543 Posts

Well Capcom does have Exoprimal coming out early next year which looks like a very fun and chaotic arcade style of multiplayer shooter. I’ll give that a try. Would very much love an actual Dino Crisis style of game though.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2855 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

Disney should do a straight-to-video sequel to Dinosaur

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2856 Warm_Gun
@ConanTheStoner said:

Yeah a new Dino Crisis would be cool, couldn't guess as to why they don't go there. Done right, could see it being another cash cow for them. Seems it's just Capcoms thing, mostly well established safe bets, lots of dormant IPs.

Naturally a greater variety of morphology is going to mean more work. More unique meshes, rigs, animations, etc. But I can't imagine that's the issue, not like Capcom is some indie dev lol.

Just look at a From game for example, especially something like Elden Ring. Tons of variation on bipeds, quadrupeds, and all kinds of weird shit beyond that.

"Cash cow," since Dino Crisis uses time travel, the possibilities are endless. Portal could open and close over 160 million years, the scientists and profit-hungry billionaires never learning. Cretaceous, Jurassic and Triassic-era animals on the same island(s).

Since some of the animals are so big, you'd need more destruction than in a modern Resident Evil game. That would be harder too. I'd be okay with most of the destruction being scripted, as long as it didn't become a hard movie game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2857  Edited By uninspiredcup

The Rock smells child trauma.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2858 jaydan

Christopher Nolan's next film.

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2859  Edited By uninspiredcup

Was watching rando Youtube B-movie schlock and came across this show. Super impressive. 1988, feels almost DS9/BSG quality barring some dodgy/dated production. Not as edgy, clearly aimed at a younger audience, but feels ahead of it's time from the typical muck of that era. This was airing around the same time as TNG S1, which is fucking terrible not that great.

Loading Video...
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2860 uninspiredcup

People only just realizing Jeremy Clarkson might be a ****.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2861 jaydan

Oh great, now Avatar 2 is a murderer.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2862 Warm_Gun

Learned my local cinema has this in 3D HFR. If the internet showtimes can be trusted. Will be my first HFR movie. Can't decide yet if I will go tomorrow or next Tuesday when the rooms will be emptier. Tickets are cheaper on Tuesdays.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2863  Edited By Ghosts4ever  Online
Member since 2015 • 25061 Posts
@jaydan said:

Oh great, now Avatar 2 is a murderer.

Avatar 1 was trash. just overrated movie. now avatar 2 is faliure.

rather rewatch star wars than avatar.

most of james cameron movies suck save for Terminator and Terminator 2.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2864  Edited By jaydan

@ghosts4ever: James Cameron is one of those director's whose best movies are his earliest ones, and he's only gotten further away from those peak years the more he makes movies.

The thing that makes these movies so successful (not even getting into 3D upcharges), and this includes the MCU: their obsessed fanbases. These people just want to break records for the sake of breaking records, so they'll pay to see the latest Avatar or Avengers movie 5 or 10 times to inflate box office numbers. I've seen it so many fucking times whenever these types of movies come out. *Latest Avengers movie comes out* coming into work after opening weekend and everyone saying they already saw the movie 3 times and they got 3 more tickets for the next weekend. Why though? It's like people compete for who can pay to see a movie the most times.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2865 Ghosts4ever  Online

@jaydan said:

@ghosts4ever: James Cameron is one of those director's whose best movies are his earliest ones, and he's only gotten further away from those peak years the more he makes movies.

The thing that makes these movies so successful (not even getting into 3D upcharges), and this includes the MCU: their obsessed fanbases. These people just want to break records for the sake of breaking records, so they'll pay to see the latest Avatar or Avengers movie 5 or 10 times to inflate box office numbers. I've seen it so many fucking times whenever these types of movies come out. *Latest Avengers movie comes out* coming into work after opening weekend and everyone saying they already saw the movie 3 times and they got 3 more tickets for the next weekend. Why though? It's like people compete for who can pay to see a movie the most times.

When Tarantino said we are in worst era of movies. he is right.

Prefer 80s era of action or 90s era of action thriller.

or 60s era of western.

todays era of woke movies plus super hero trash definitely make it worst.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2866  Edited By uninspiredcup

Love these pseudo spook docs where the narrator starts off with comments like "could" and "is this?" and mid way through it's terminology changes to defaco "This shit is actually happening!" with we get dramatized Six Sense re-enactments. And experts like "a hick priest", "some Ghostbuster guy" and "psychic lady who's gettin' dem feely feels some bad shit going down!"

Loading Video...
jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2867  Edited By jaydan

@ghosts4ever: Actually good filmmakers like Tarantino or Martin Scorsese don't ask for you to pay to watch their movies 5 times on the big screen. Disney, on the other hand: they encourage people to numb their minds and open their wallets. They have successfully created this culture.

Children often are the ones that watch movies on repeat. Disney has catered to the children and they're aware much of the generations they once catered to are now grown up and still act like children. Only difference now is adult children have money, and Disney loves this fact.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2868 Ghosts4ever  Online

@jaydan said:

@ghosts4ever: Actually good filmmakers like Tarantino or Martin Scorsese don't ask for you to pay to watch their movies 5 times on the big screen. Disney, on the other hand: they encourage people to numb their minds and open their wallets. They have successfully created this culture.

Children often are the ones that watch movies on repeat. Disney has catered to the children and they're aware much of the generations they once catered to are now grown up and still act like children. Only difference now is adult children have money, and Disney loves this fact.

sergieo leone is still best filmaker ever.

all of his movies are masterpieces.

Fistfull of dollar

For a few dollars more

Good, Bad, Ugly

Once upon a time in west.

have not seen duck you sucker but we will never see another sergeio leone

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2869 jaydan

@ghosts4ever: Scorsese may be the last of this pedigree sadly. Once Scorsese is gone, he will join the ranks of Kubrick and Leone.

Our future is in the hands of James Gunn and Taika Waititi, and other directors that love the smell of their own farts over their own love for cinema.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2870  Edited By uninspiredcup

Love and Thunder is one of those movies where watch it and wonder why nobody said "what is this shit?".

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2871 Ghosts4ever  Online

@jaydan said:

@ghosts4ever: Scorsese may be the last of this pedigree sadly. Once Scorsese is gone, he will join the ranks of Kubrick and Leone.

Our future is in the hands of James Gunn and Taika Waititi, and other directors that love the smell of their own farts over their own love for cinema.

what about Derek kolstad?

John wick series, Nobody are masterpieces.

Nobody 2 coming. so is John wick 4.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2872 jaydan

@ghosts4ever: No.

Walk up to a person, most people won't know Derek Kolstad.

Scorsese has a huge legacy behind him, Kolstad can't compare to that. Come back in 30 years and if his career shapes up, then we'll talk.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2873 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50664 Posts

@uninspiredcup: What? The movie is awesome.... if you forward to all the Cristian Bale scenes.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2874 uninspiredcup

@Chutebox: So weird tonally as well.

Like, got Christian Bale going full Macbeth. And then AHHHHHHHH HE TALKS TO HIS AXE! .

That's funny and random. Look at this as well! That's funny and random.

Reminds me of Arnie movies, a lot of his movies were basically black comedy intertwined with action, see-saw balance of wink-wink and serious content. But they pretty much always worked.

Loading Video...

Everyone like "Arnold can't act!", and basically just has to do a cheeky grin.

Chris Hemsworth and woman A and B are straining so hard to be cookie, and it's just, not working.

Become increasingly obnoxious with MCU movies. Everyone's a comedian.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2875 Chutebox

@uninspiredcup: "Become increasingly obnoxious with MCU movies. Everyone's a comedian."

Yup,.I've said this a number of times. It's very annoying.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2876 Ghosts4ever  Online

@uninspiredcup said:

@Chutebox: So weird tonally as well.

Like, got Christian Bale going full Macbeth. And then AHHHHHHHH HE TALKS TO HIS AXE! .

That's funny and random. Look at this as well! That's funny and random.

Reminds me of Arnie movies, a lot of his movies were basically black comedy intertwined with action, see-saw balance of wink-wink and serious content. But they pretty much always worked.

Loading Video...

Everyone like "Arnold can't act!", and basically just has to do a cheeky grin.

Chris Hemsworth and woman A and B are straining so hard to be cookie, and it's just, not working.

Become increasingly obnoxious with MCU movies. Everyone's a comedian.

Dwayne johnson is consider current gen arnie.

same build, being in mediocre action movies all the time. although arnie movies were much better and even masterpieces too ie terminator 1 and 2.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2877  Edited By uninspiredcup

@ghosts4ever: Arnold outright stated his influence was his heroes he grew up watching like Clint Eastwood.

Those Sergio Leone movies mentioned, those are proto-Arnie movies, the quips and tone can easily see in his 80/90's bangers.

Arnold was straight up told not to act. His body too big, his weird accent. And he ended up ignoring all that became one of a kind.

Rather than trying to be something he's not, he used his assets and doubled down on what he had. Picking roles that suited him.

The Rock ain't no Arnie. Can see the similarity for sure, but Arnold was actually in good movies and had iconic roles.

The Rock was in Doom.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2878 Ghosts4ever  Online

@uninspiredcup: There was rumors that Dwyane johnson will star in big trouble in little china remake. im glad it didnot happened. he is going to ruined it like he ruined Jumanji.

Dwayne is ubisoft of movies. ruined everything he touch.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2879  Edited By uninspiredcup

They'd probably miss the stuff that made Big Trouble In Little China what it is and just turn it into some generic action flick with the odd "Hey remember this? Huh huh? Thing you remember!".

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2880  Edited By Chutebox

@lundy86_4: Not making light of it, but saw Canadian dude shoot up his condo board and remembered you having issue with yours. Crazy stuff.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2881  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts
@Chutebox said:

@lundy86_4: Not making light of it, but saw Canadian dude shit up his condo board and remembered you having issue with yours. Crazy stuff.

Yeah, I saw that. Not advocating that shit, obviously, but this is how frustrating boards can be. My dad still has legal issues going forward, and mine is forthcoming. They actually had to do end-of-year releases and my dad's issue alone cost them ~$55,000 and ~$13,000 of that was in unnecessary lawyer fees from them not willing to address the issue earlier. If it's internal, it's the owner's responsibility, but anything outside falls on the corporation.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2882 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14824 Posts

@Chutebox said:

@lundy86_4: Not making light of it, but saw Canadian dude shit up his condo board and remembered you having issue with yours. Crazy stuff.

I remembered lundy too when hearing about this.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2883 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

@SOedipus said:
@Chutebox said:

I remembered lundy too when hearing about this.

If you wanna have a chuckle at that, then let me add an email received tonight:

Whilst everybody has a right to stay safe, there is no legal right to restrict access if you lost your key... The units are privately owned and building locks cannot be changed by unit owners.

I emailed them about cycling security codes which is basic common sense.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2884  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

Conan.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 PC, has a Sigma 2 Black mod, and it's pretty fire. Makes a lot of changes to get the combat and enemy count just to NG2 levels and then some, but kind of keeps some of the doofy aspects of NG2's levels out. Added bonus has a skip girl levels option.

I might cope not having to buy a series X for a ninja gaiden machine.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2885 ConanTheStoner

@jg4xchamp:

Sick I'll look into it then. I still haven't bought the collection, just seemed too disappointing. Didn't consider modders stepping in though.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2886 jg4xchamp

@ConanTheStoner said:

@jg4xchamp:

Sick I'll look into it then. I still haven't bought the collection, just seemed too disappointing. Didn't consider modders stepping in though.

i don't think there is fixing sigma 1. Somehow not even a skip girl levels part.

How the **** is that even possible with what loser sexist gamers? Shit should have been a slam dunk.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2887  Edited By Ghosts4ever  Online

@jg4xchamp said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

@jg4xchamp:

i don't think there is fixing sigma 1. Somehow not even a skip girl levels part.

How the **** is that even possible with what loser sexist gamers? Shit should have been a slam dunk.

Champ, you still hate Mafia games? or you changed? just asking.

with all crap we are getting today, third person movie games, walking talking games, like UC, GOW, last of us.

you still hate Mafia games and think they are inferior to those?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2888 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10553 Posts

@uninspiredcup did you manage to watch all of andor?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2889  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Macutchi: Tried, third time, but at this point realized it's just not for me.

What's your take on it, has it changed? Didn't seem too keen on it either.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2890 ConanTheStoner
@jg4xchamp said:

lol

All good, will forever keep my XBX with NGB/NG2. I intend to never play a Rachel mission for the rest of my days.

That shit, what a fucking drag. I know Hyashi a fraud, but still, what is it about action game directors adding more unfun nonsense to their games? Platinums gimmicks, DMC5s V, half baked NG characters. It's like they're sitting around thinking "Oh shit, the players are having too much consecutive fun, break that shit up".

Think Doom Eternal is the closest to all killer no filler in recent years, but even then, somebody had to greenlight purple goop.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2891 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10553 Posts

@uninspiredcup: nah man, was kinda hoping you might have picked up on things i overlooked, point out stuff i didn't understand significance of fully etc. basically give me a reason to give it another shot but through a different lens. seen a lot of praise for it online but find it hard to appreciate, would like to

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2892  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Macutchi: Yea, not getting it either. Saying that, critics lauded The Sequels, so their opinion doesn't really mean shit to me. I like Prequels so sure that would happily go the opposite way.

As far as the live action stuff goes all looking forward to atm is Ahsoka. If it's as good as Clone Wars final arc be a happy chappy. Not massively big on Mando, but def watch that when it arrives.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2893 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39700 Posts

If anyone in here is into cars, i'd suggest you follow this one. He makes good shiet.

Loading Video...
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2894  Edited By uninspiredcup

@hardwenzen: Not even into cars quite enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#2895 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

Christmas wrapping and Die Hard.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2896 uninspiredcup

Every year.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2897 Ghosts4ever  Online

@ConanTheStoner said:
@jg4xchamp said:

lol

All good, will forever keep my XBX with NGB/NG2. I intend to never play a Rachel mission for the rest of my days.

That shit, what a fucking drag. I know Hyashi a fraud, but still, what is it about action game directors adding more unfun nonsense to their games? Platinums gimmicks, DMC5s V, half baked NG characters. It's like they're sitting around thinking "Oh shit, the players are having too much consecutive fun, break that shit up".

Think Doom Eternal is the closest to all killer no filler in recent years, but even then, somebody had to greenlight purple goop.

no game impress me after Doom Eternal. and hope Atomic heart break this.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2898 jg4xchamp

@ghosts4ever said:
@jg4xchamp said:

with all crap we are getting today, third person movie games, walking talking games, like UC, GOW, last of us.

Yes I still think it's a bad game. It's a worse game than Last of Us 2 and God of War. Both of those games are more mechanically complex by comparison, and all that games I like tend to be on the more mechanics heavy side of the equation. You do the math.

I don't like any of yalls games, all of yah have bad taste except for Conan. Let it go already. Seek someone else's love for shitty ass Mafia.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2899 jg4xchamp
@ConanTheStoner said:
@jg4xchamp said:

lol

Probably has to do with all the discourse around games being repetitive, and variety being spice of life n blah blah. So you get a lot of pace break up segments, but that shit is usually a drag. And would be better if it was more rudimentary and took up less time (like the basic platforming these games have). Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2 got that shit right.

From Software got it right, not saying there aren't some supremely shit segments in those games. Tons of em, but it's usually not like oh we completely did something the mechanics aren't good for or an extension of what the mechanics are.

Even purple goop I would argue is just a badly executed idea, but the logic makes sense. Now do the doom combat, but we gonna mess with your movement. But the encounter itself is piss easy, and all it really does is annoy instead of being fun. Not against seeing a rework of that idea, but I digress.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2900 Ghosts4ever  Online

@jg4xchamp said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Yes I still think it's a bad game. It's a worse game than Last of Us 2 and God of War. Both of those games are more mechanically complex by comparison, and all that games I like tend to be on the more mechanics heavy side of the equation. You do the math.

I don't like any of yalls games, all of yah have bad taste except for Conan. Let it go already. Seek someone else's love for shitty ass Mafia.

LOL Mafia is worse than TLOU2 and GOW?? come on champ.

Mafia 1 was hardcore, gamey game unlike others that are movie games.

Mafia 1 was not cover shooter or have walking talking segments.