Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13672 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@DocSanchez said:

Two things to say about this.

1: I don't know why any gamer would actually celebrate corporate practises like this. They are essentially freezing out a whole fanbase for money. It's not good for anyone. I could play it, but that doesn't mean I'm going to be happy about it.

2. Looks the same as street fighter 2 with a coat of paint.

Except that Capcom were basically being assholes to Ono as he was more or less bending over backwards to try to make it, Sony had to come in and say they'll willingly fund it to make SFV a thing. It's not a Tomb Raider scenario as much as it's closer to a Bayonetta 2 scenario. Where chances are that game wasn't being made anytime soon (in Bayonetta 2's case it flat out wasn't going to be made).

Isn't Tomb Raider the same? MS seems to be offering more than funding for the game.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@StrongBlackVine said:

@WilliamRLBaker:

That was low budget port outsourced to crappy studio that Capcom had no involvement with. You really think they will go cheap on SFV? You should check out the glowing previews for SFV that came out today. That game is gonna be really good.

Interesting when other people call it an excuse when 343 wasn't involved with the MCC, and they don't want to accept it wasn't 343, but they accept the reason when it comes to USF4 on the PS4.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#103 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Except that Capcom were basically being assholes to Ono as he was more or less bending over backwards to try to make it, Sony had to come in and say they'll willingly fund it to make SFV a thing. It's not a Tomb Raider scenario as much as it's closer to a Bayonetta 2 scenario. Where chances are that game wasn't being made anytime soon (in Bayonetta 2's case it flat out wasn't going to be made).

Isn't Tomb Raider the same? MS seems to be offering more than funding for the game.

Could be, but that one gets a bit more fishy given the game was already announced, for multiple platforms from the get go. It didn't really go exclusive until months later, and there is a difference.

Capcom is acting like the struggle is so real they are like "yo **** new games, we remaster everything" because I mean it is what it is at this point.

Square's other studios are flexing their muscle some more Final Fantasy 15 doesn't look like some cheap project, Eidos is getting their money because Mankind Divided is already announced, I'd imagine the Hitman guys are already working on something, so there was no reason to believe that the Tomb Raider cats weren't working on stuff. Could be a similar scenario.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#104 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@jg4xchamp:

LoL.... don't really care what the brand name holds when they hit those trials that game is going to get traded in. You can bet on that. Tekken is big enough blip on the radar as far as I'm concerned and if the rumors are true then the PC Version of Tekken 7 can't hurt.

I totally believe Street Fighter rained supremem in 09, back when the genre was inaccessible and tutorials and intuitive controls were a luxury instead of a standard, so naturally if you're going to pick one game among a sea of inaccessible games then why not go for the popular one........ but its 2015 and we no longer live in the Anti-Noob era, if SF Thinks it can go unchangeD lose a third of its fan base and still expect to Dominate ? POPPYCOCK !!!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@GameboyTroy said:

The 360 d-pad sucks anyway. Not sure how the X1 d-pad is though.

Still bad, but better than 360 at least.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@jg4xchamp said:
@HalcyonScarlet said:
@jg4xchamp said:

Could be, but that one gets a bit more fishy given the game was already announced, for multiple platforms from the get go. It didn't really go exclusive until months later, and there is a difference.

Capcom is acting like the struggle is so real they are like "yo **** new games, we remaster everything" because I mean it is what it is at this point.

Square's other studios are flexing their muscle some more Final Fantasy 15 doesn't look like some cheap project, Eidos is getting their money because Mankind Divided is already announced, I'd imagine the Hitman guys are already working on something, so there was no reason to believe that the Tomb Raider cats weren't working on stuff. Could be a similar scenario.

I don't think it's 'yo, **** new games'. I think Capcom as a company have become badly managed and unfocused. I think they're struggling but mainly due to their own created problems. Maybe they should probably pull back and consolidate a bit until they get some traction underneath them. At least they aren't as bad as Nintendo with their own created problems, who refuse to admit they're at fault and instead blame their hardware.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet:

I don't give a damn about Halo and I can't remember making any comments blaming 343i for anything related to MCC.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 jg4xchamp

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I don't think it's 'yo, **** new games'. I think Capcom as a company have become badly managed and unfocused. I think they're struggling but mainly due to their own created problems. Maybe they should probably pull back and consolidate a bit until they get some traction underneath them. At least they aren't as bad as Nintendo with their own created problems, who refuse to admit they're at fault and instead blame their hardware.

I mean it's both, they are badly managed, and they are like wait remasters are quick and easy, let's do more of that with some Monster Hunter thrown in (though Monster Hunter 4 is supposed to be legit, need to play it still). To be fair they've always had questionable management, when you hear stories from guys like Kamiya, Mikami, Inafune, even Ono you hear how much of a pain in the ass the higher ups can be and how all these cats basically went mental trying to get shit done by Capcom.

It's almost a miracle that they were so fucking good for so long. But now all that talent is else where.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 StrongBlackVine

@Lulu_Lulu:

What game will that be? Killer Instinct(LOL)? You think Mortal Kombat X has enough substance to still be relevant next Spring? Highly doubtful Tekken will do much based on recent history. When SFV drops it will instantly become the premier fighting game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 jg4xchamp

@StrongBlackVine said:

@Lulu_Lulu:

What game will that be? Killer Instinct(LOL)? You think Mortal Kombat X has enough substance to still be relevant next Spring? Highly doubtful Tekken will do much based on recent history. When SFV drops it will instantly become the premier fighting game.

Considering Injustice hung fine at Evo fine for 2 years, I'm sure MKX will be at Evo next year as well. But it won't get main event status that's for sure.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Lulu_Lulu

@jg4xchamp:

I blame The Stamina Bar for that.... the stupid thing was completely unnecessary.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 HalcyonScarlet
@StrongBlackVine said:

@HalcyonScarlet:

I don't give a damn about Halo and I can't remember making any comments blaming 343i for anything related to MCC.

That's why I said 'other people'. :-)

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 StrongBlackVine

@HalcyonScarlet:

Fair enough. I thought maybe you meant that as general observation, but sometimes people like to label people with differering views as some type of hive mind.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
@StrongBlackVine said:

@Lulu_Lulu:

Killer Instinct isn't bad at all. It might have a bit to go to be on the level of the top Japanese fighters, but it's a good game. Needs proper controllers though, like the SF4 controller. It's okay that it's not at the very top, many decent fighter aren't. But slowly it's improving.

Mortal Kombat never stays relevant long. I shelved Mortal Kombat 9 after only a few weeks after launch and never went back. I just find Netherrealm fighters novel at best. It's been a similar story since the first Mortal Kombat. They're good for a mess around, but that's it. Where as I still play variants of Street Fighter 2, today, in comparison, who is genuinely going to go back and play Mortal Kombat 2 for example.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 StrongBlackVine

@HalcyonScarlet:

I didn't say either game was bad, but your thoughts on the those two games support my position that SFV will likely be the top fighting game when it releases.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 HalcyonScarlet
@StrongBlackVine said:

@HalcyonScarlet:

I didn't say either game was bad, but your thoughts on the those two games support my position that SFV will likely be the top fighting game when it releases.

Probably will be. USF4 is probably the best right now. I say probably, because I haven't played some of the Japanese ones. I know Guilty Gear is supposed to be good, seems different. The latest King of Fighters seems good but it also seems more complex. Harder to get into.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Lulu_Lulu

@HalcyonScarlet:

No way man..... KI is balls to wall to the wall awesome, its only curse is that its trapped on a system I hate and yeah the Controller thing, Breaking High Auto Doubles and Linkers will be an issue since you can't reach both High Punch and High Kick unless you remap the shoulder Buttons.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#118 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@deadline-zero0: Why do you not believe Capcom? MS has no problem letting games come to PC so if they decided to let it go that's why it went there.

yeah ok.

Capcom, the company who puts SF4 on everything and lied about exclusives is going to keep tehir word.

sure thing

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#119 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@finalfantasy94: Nope, not happening.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 davem1992

@FastRobby said:

Does someone really care? There's Killer Instinct...

-laughs under his smirk-

You mean a 7/10 fighter at best? Ouch.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 HalcyonScarlet
@davem1992 said:
@FastRobby said:

-laughs under his smirk-

Just like FM5, that was only for content. Reviewers complained a free to play game, didn't have enough content. And seasons later, it has a lots of content.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Lulu_Lulu

@davem1992:

Pretty sure it got that score because it was short on content..... not because it was low on depth. Something to think about before you start throwing those numbers around.

They mean nothing.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 davem1992

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@davem1992 said:
@FastRobby said:

-laughs under his smirk-

Just like FM5, that was only for content. Reviewers complained a free to play game, didn't have enough content. And seasons later, it has a lots of content.

Having 16 fighters isn't alot of content, for a £63 game it's incredibly lacking.

Even Skullgirls has almost as much characters and that's £50 cheaper.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 davem1992

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@davem1992:

Pretty sure it got that score because it was short on content..... not because it was low on depth. Something to think about before you start throwing those numbers around.

They mean nothing.

Since when did I stated I was talking about reviewers?

I was giving it my own score from the 15 hours I've played of it, it's a fun game but it's sure as **** isn't Street Fighter, Guilty Gear, King of Fighters, Tekken or hell even SC quality.

OH DOA TOO.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Lulu_Lulu

@davem1992:

Well Duh.... its miles better than those 5...

LoL, I don't even know why you put Tekken in there.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By davem1992

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@davem1992:

Well Duh.... its miles better than those 5...

LoL, I don't even know why you put Tekken in there.

Oh hell no, KI doesn't even come close to any of those.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Lulu_Lulu

@davem1992:

Out of all those games KI has the most emphasis on Yomi, and Tekken has The least, With Street Fighter not far behind.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 davem1992

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@davem1992:

Out of all those games KI has the most emphasis on Yomi, and Tekken has The least, With Street Fighter not far behind.

XD this guy is funny.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Lulu_Lulu

@davem1992:

This guy can't make an argument..... not that shit would be funny..... if it wasn't so sad.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 davem1992

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@davem1992:

This guy can't make an argument..... not that shit would be funny..... if it wasn't so sad.

because I actually like KI and don't want to call it shit, it's just factually not as good as any of those series.

They all got mid to high 8s or 9s while KI barely got 7s around the board, it's good but it's not great.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Lulu_Lulu

@davem1992:

Again.... numbers are meaningless, KI got a low score because of Lack if Content, but getting a 7 just by Depth and performance Alone clearly shows which game is the better fighting game. I'd take a deep game a single game mode with 2 characters than an average game with loads of content...... gameplay above all else, especially in competitive games.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 davem1992

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@davem1992:

Again.... numbers are meaningless, KI got a low score because of Lack if Content, but getting a 7 just by Depth and performance Alone clearly shows which game is the better fighting game. I'd take a deep game a single game mode with 2 characters than an average game with loads of content...... gameplay above all else, especially in competitive games.

Then you shouldn't take KI because it's nowhere near as deep as SF, BlazBlue, KoF or GG.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Lulu_Lulu

@davem1992:

I'm pretty sure SF and BlazBlue are just complex, not deep..... don't know about those other two. Its funny because they are complex for different reasons.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 davem1992

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@davem1992:

I'm pretty sure SF and BlazBlue are just complex, not deep..... don't know about those other two. Its funny because they are complex for different reasons.

Funny how EVERY reviewer remarks about how deep Guilty Gear and BlazBlue are, listen KI is a fun game and I'm not going to deny that but stop denying that there are better games out there even if you prefer KI.

All of the games I listed are better fighters than Killer Instinct, are you wrong for preferring KI...hell no but come on dude.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@davem1992:

They said the samething about Bioshock Infinite..... Reviewers can not be trusted.....

Perhaps trying telling me why they are better yourself instead of hiding behind some other dudes oppinion, I doubt I'l agree but atleast its better than what you're doing now.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 davem1992

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@davem1992:

They said the samething about Bioshock Infinite..... Reviewers can not be trusted.....

Perhaps trying telling me why they are better yourself instead of hiding behind some other dudes oppinion, I doubt I'l agree but atleast its better than what you're doing now.

Guilty Gear/BlazBlue have brilliant story modes, excellent online, fun as **** gameplay, excellent variety of modes and great characters.

Killer Instinct has fun gameplay, no story mode, excellent online, no variety in modes and ok characters.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Lulu_Lulu

@davem1992:

But KI has better gameplay..... its the better game.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 davem1992

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@davem1992:

But KI has better gameplay..... its the better game.

Nooooooooooooooooope, no it did not.

I assume you've played a whopping **** all of GG and BlazBlue?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Lulu_Lulu

@davem1992:

I've never touched BlazBlue and I played Guilty Gear many many many many many many many many many years ago..... for a few hours.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 davem1992

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@davem1992:

I've never touched BlazBlue and I played Guilty Gear many many many many many many many many many years ago..... for a few hours.

.........so you've NEVER even tried BB and you played GG back when it was alot simpler?

THIS people is why KI gets a free pass, cause these people haven't fucking played the other better fighters.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@davem1992:

You have yet to actually explain why its the better fighter.

Don't think I didn't see what you did there, Mr. Evsaive.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@deadline-zero0: Except it's not exclusive...... It's already coming to PC.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#143 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

@deadline-zero0: Except it's not exclusive...... It's already coming to PC.

talking about DR3.

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 davem1992

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@davem1992:

You have yet to actually explain why its the better fighter.

Don't think I didn't see what you did there, Mr. Evsaive.

I did, it's a better system and has FAR better modes.

Why don't you actually go play it before calling it worse........oh wait.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Lulu_Lulu

@davem1992:

What does a better story mode (or any mode really) have to do with it being a better fighter...... KI still has the better game play in the only mode that matters..... VS Mode !!!!

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 davem1992

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@davem1992:

What does a better story mode (or any mode really) have to do with it being a better fighter...... KI still has the better game play in the only mode that matters..... VS Mode !!!!

You know this from the **** all you've played of GG Xrd or BlazBlue, it doesn't.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Lulu_Lulu

@davem1992:

You have yet to say anything about the actual mechanics.... I'm sorry but if you can't do that then KI is better......

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 davem1992

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@davem1992:

You have yet to say anything about the actual mechanics.... I'm sorry but if you can't do that then KI is better......

Here's an idea, go and play them for yourself because until then I'm harping on to a brick wall here.

KI is good but it's NOTHING compared to the likes of SF, BB, GG, KoF, Tekken, DoA or SC.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#149 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

False! I'll be able to watch streams of the game through the Twitch app :)

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 davem1992

@Alucard_Prime said:

False! I'll be able to watch streams of the game through the Twitch app :)

Just buy a PS4 or PC man :(