Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#301  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

@Cranler said:

@Motokid6 said:

I turn my pc off every night. And I do not have Steam set to autostart.

Right now there's 6 million people logged into steam yet only about 1 million actually playing a game so I'd say you're in the minority.

You turn your pc off every night? What does that mean? That it's on all day. I turn my console off whenerver I'm not using it by my pc stays on all day.

Assuming everyone is playing a game through steam....once again you miss the point page after page you keep getting owned and you keep moving the goalposts ...give it up you have failed

I have been playing GOG games i bought in the sales all week and Elite Dangerous, i have had steam open for about 2 hours this past week despite having over 400 games on it so that right there proves your theory wrong.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#302  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@Cranler: Where does it say on Steam the amount of people logged in and how many are playing games? Just asking...

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#303 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@thehig1 said:

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_computer

Mac is a PC. I This isn't an opinion, its pretty much commonly accepted. The only time you get people saying otherwise is due to damage control from sales/exclusives in systemwars.

Steam , Intel and Amazons word means more than wiki.

Ok I'll play along and say that mac linux and windows are all pc platform because then must say that xbox PS and wii are all console platform. Console vs pc, the closest to an apples to apples comparison possible.

I can and do play both Linux and Windows on my PC, the same device. There the same platform.

Steam separates them because they install differently, that's it.

Try to play Titanfall on your Ps4 and let me know what happens

That makes your computer a multiplatform device. Steam calls mac and pc gamers playing together cross platform mp.

I can play dvd and blu ray in the same player does that mean they're the same format? Try to play Watchdpogs on the linux platform and let me know what happens.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#304 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Cranler as long as you understand it is your opinion, and effects none of the game or sales spreadsheets or rankings. PC is currently first, regardless of your thoughts.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#305  Edited By naz99

@Cranler said:

@thehig1 said:

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

Mac is a PC. I This isn't an opinion, its pretty much commonly accepted. The only time you get people saying otherwise is due to damage control from sales/exclusives in systemwars.

Steam , Intel and Amazons word means more than wiki.

Ok I'll play along and say that mac linux and windows are all pc platform because then must say that xbox PS and wii are all console platform. Console vs pc, the closest to an apples to apples comparison possible.

I can and do play both Linux and Windows on my PC, the same device. There the same platform.

Steam separates them because they install differently, that's it.

Try to play Titanfall on your Ps4 and let me know what happens

That makes your computer a multiplatform device. Steam calls mac and pc gamers playing together cross platform mp.

I can play dvd and blu ray in the same player does that mean they're the same format? Try to play Watchdpogs on the linux platform and let me know what happens.

What a load of crap...you are just making this stuff up now......a single hardware platform cannot be multiplatform despite how much you cry about it...

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#306 Cranler

@Motokid6 said:

@Cranler: Where does it say on Steam the amount of people logged in and how many are playing games? Just asking...

it doesn't and wonder why? Take a look at the top 100 played games list to see what a small percentage are actually playing.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By naz99

@Cranler said:

@Motokid6 said:

it doesn't and wonder why? Take a look at the top 100 played games list to see what a small percentage are actually playing.

Once again Implying that PC gamers only play games through steam...keep saying it, it is still wrong

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#309  Edited By Cranler

@naz99 said:

@Cranler said:

@Motokid6 said:

Right now there's 6 million people logged into steam yet only about 1 million actually playing a game so I'd say you're in the minority.

You turn your pc off every night? What does that mean? That it's on all day. I turn my console off whenerver I'm not using it by my pc stays on all day.

Assuming everyone is playing a game through steam....once again you miss the point page after page you keep getting owned and you keep moving the goalposts ...give it up you have failed

I have been playing GOG games i bought in the sales all week and Elite Dangerous, i have had steam open for about 2 hours this past week despite having over 400 games on it so that right there proves your theory wrong.

People tell me mac and windows are same platform then I show a screen where valve calls them separate platforms. That's ownage.

So you thin everyone has the same habits as yours. Why is the top 100 list have such a small amount of players compared to the total logged in users? Why not have steam autolaunch? it doesnt take a lot of resources.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By naz99

@Cranler said:

@naz99 said:

@Cranler said:

@Motokid6 said:

So you think everyones habits are the same as yours. Why is the top 100 list have such a small amount of players compared to the total logged in users? Why not have steam autolaunch? it doesnt take a lot of resources.

Do i think everyones gaming habits are the same as mine? No....no..i am the only single person in the whole world that games on non steam games while steam is open..the only one out of millions...*facepalm*

So you think everyone in the world games as you say they do and only on steam.........hmmmm?

ONCE AGAIN! People do not just game on steam even if they are logged into steam...how can you not comprehend this????

As for the Platforms

If i buy an xbox game can i play it on my PS? No

Can i install the Xbox Os on the PS to play Xbox games and vice versa? No

So common sense dictates they are separate platforms.

Can i use a single PC and install Osx linux and Windows on it ? Yes

Can i play windows, Mac and Linux games on my PC? Yes

If i buy one version of the game Do i get all 3? Yes

So common sense dictates that it is a single platform

So no...no Ownage just Extreme,Extreme amounts of fail...as usual

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312 Cranler

@Motokid6 said:

@Cranler: But it only lists the top 100 games..

UT 3 isn't in the top 100 because it only has 120 players at the moment. All the games under 100 have a very small player count so the total players is nowhere near the total logged in.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#313  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@bldgirsh: I'm only seeing the amount of people currently logged in. Where did you get the total amount of people playing games? Did you add up everything in that "top 100 most played list" ?

Oh, sry I thought you were Cranler. Question still stands though.

there are currently 5.1 million players online, ~1.3 million in game

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

@lostrib: Are you just adding up each game? I can't find a total or a percentage on that page.

http://steamcommunity.com/

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Cranler

@naz99 said:

@Cranler said:

@naz99 said:

@Cranler said:

@Motokid6 said:

So you think everyones habits are the same as yours. Why is the top 100 list have such a small amount of players compared to the total logged in users? Why not have steam autolaunch? it doesnt take a lot of resources.

Do i think everyones gaming habits are the same as mine? No....no..i am the only single person in the whole world that games on non steam games while steam is open..the only one out of millions...*facepalm*

So you think everyone in the world games as you say they do and only on steam.........hmmmm?

ONCE AGAIN! People do not just game on steam even if they are logged into steam...how can you not comprehend this????

As for the Platforms

If i buy an xbox game can i play it on my PS? No

Can i install the Xbox Os on the PS to play Xbox games and vice versa? No

So common sense dictates they are separate platforms.

Can i use a single PC and install Osx linux and Windows on it ? Yes

Can i play windows, Mac and Linux games on my PC? Yes

If i buy one version of the game Do i get all 3? Yes

So common sense dictates that it is a single platform

So no...no Ownage just Extreme,Extreme amounts of fail...as usual

Valve considers them separate platforms. End of story unless you can find a more reputable name in pc gaming than valve

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

So @Cranler in your world its PC & Mac & Linux Vs Consoles ?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319 Jankarcop
@Cranler said:

People tell me mac and windows are same platform then I show a screen where valve calls them separate platforms. That's ownage.

Ownage is PC having more aaa,aa/ concurrent users/ gamers/and sales than any single console and idiots damage controlling.

People have tried this whole mac seperation thing to take away pc exclusives, and they've always lost. Nothing changed here.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320 Cranler

@sam890 said:

Yep, computers vs consoles.

@Jankarcop said:
@Cranler said:

Ownage is PC having more aaa,aa/ concurrent users/ gamers/and sales than any single console and idiots damage controlling.

People have tried this whole mac seperation thing to take away pc exclusives, and they've always lost. Nothing changed here.

I never refuted any claims of pc having more sales, aaa games or tried to take away exclusivity. \Stop confusing this debates in other threads. My disagreement was with whoever in this thread said it wasn't fair to compare all computing platforms to all console platforms.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#321  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

Too bad Steams QA and QC is so bad that 95% of the games are complete crap and that's if you can get them to work.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By Jankarcop

@Shielder7 said:

Too bad Steams QA and QC is so bad that 95% of the games are complete crap and that's if you can get them to work.

And that 5% is more than what consoles have, going by GS and MC.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323 BldgIrsh

@Shielder7 said:

We already have enough delusional cows on this thread. Go back to being dormant.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By Jankarcop

@Cranler said:

I never refuted any claims of pc having more sales, aaa games or tried to take away exclusivity. \Stop confusing this debates in other threads. My disagreement was with whoever in this thread said it wasn't fair to compare all computing platforms to all console platforms.

You are saying PC and MAC are seperate platform.

By this logic, PC has almost no exclusives. But thats not how we do it here, you're blowing hot air.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#325 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

ROFL Cranler getting owned left and right.

Linux, Mac and Windows, all platforms that belong to the PC realm.

I use Steam on my Windows and Linux machine, I'm pretty sure Steam counts me as 1 user only, since I'm using the same account.

Get owned again.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327 Cranler

@Jankarcop said:

@Cranler said:

You are saying PC and MAC are seperate platform.

By this logic, PC has almost no exclusives. But thats not how we do it here, you're blowing hot air.

Valve is saying it.

Most pc games don't run on macs so how in the world can you say they're the same platform? "Oh but you can do this and that to run pc games on macs." By that logic pc and PS 2 are the same platforms.

When did I bring up exclusives? You seem to be confusing this thread with ispeakfacts.

The games you speak of are computer exclusive. Is that not good enough?

I don't care what little rules you make up along the way. I'll follow pc gaming pioneers word over some sys warriors.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By Jankarcop

@Cranler : You're the one making up rules by separating OS's into SW style platforms.

Nowhere in the OP's link to steam reaching 8m concurrent users did I see a divide by OS, or a chart dividing them via Valve.

You're fabricating it. People do the same for PC exclusives when they feel threatened. But its all fake. Your imagination. Not valid. Hot Air.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#329 Cranler

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

ROFL Cranler getting owned left and right.

Linux, Mac and Windows, all platforms that belong to the PC realm.

I use Steam on my Windows and Linux machine, I'm pretty sure Steam counts me as 1 user only, since I'm using the same account.

Get owned again.

Owned? How?

You just agreed with my by saying they're individual platforms.

By your logic: xbox, wii, ps, all platforms that belong to the console realm. Which has been my argument all along.

You guys don't even understand what you're arguing about.

@Jankarcop said:

@Cranler : You're the one making up rules by separating OS's into SW style platforms.

Nowhere in the OP's link to steam reaching 8m concurrent users did I see a divide by OS, or a chart dividing them via Valve.

You're fabricating it. People do the same for PC exclusives when they feel threatened. But its all fake. Your imagination. Not valid. Hot Air.

What in the world are SW style platforms?

You want to compare a multiplatform game service vs single platform game services like xbox live which is an apples to oranges comparison.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By Cranler

@walloftruth said:

@Cranler said:
@lostrib said:

so what does all this mac and linux and windows talk have to do with the number of concurrent Steam users?

or are we just in full derailment mode

Because someone maybe janka got upset when another user compared all the console platforms against all the computer platforms.

@Jankarcop said:

So some random dude who entered that on wiki is right and Intel, Steam, Amazon, Cnet, USA Today etc are all wrong? Why do both Origin and Steam have a pc game section and then a mac game section? You need to inform valve and ea of this wiki page. Or is it possible that pc could have multiple meanings? The word funny used to just mean amusing now it also means strange because more and more people started calling odd occurenbces funny and over time it became official.

@Jankarcop said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Cranler said:

Maybe the mods have changed their mind since then.

I invited you to ask them.

Here:

Does PC include Windows/Mac/Linux on System Wars?

@Wasdie@verbtex@AdobeArtist@Allicrombie@charizard1605@blue_hazy_basic@musicalmac@Stevo_the_gamer@seanmcloughlin

That good? I did what you weren't willing to do. Damn son, sit down.

Cranler getting annihilated. I love it.

I see no annihilation just rabid hermits ignoring all the links and screens I've posted. Why in the world would I hold their opinion higher than valve or ea's?

Are you for real? If you buy a PC then you can install whatever OS you want, call it platforms or whatever you want, Windows/Mac/Linux are all PC since you can play Windows/Mac/Linux games on your PC, even at the same time if you want.

Now, could you play a PS4 game on the Xbone if you'd install the PS4's OS on the Xbone? Of course not. The Xbone is has different hardware and functions, it's not just software that's different, it's the whole damn console.

More peeps who don't understand the argument. valve is counting all computer platforms in it's concurrent number so why then is it unfair to compare steam numbers to all console platforms?

PC can play playsation games too but that also has no relevance to this discussion.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By BldgIrsh

@Cranler said:

More peeps who don't understand the argument. valve is counting all computer platforms in it's concurrent number so why then is it unfair to compare steam numbers to all console platforms?

PC can play playsation games too but that also has no relevance to this discussion.

The fact that you are derailing the main thread doesn't really allow you to state what is bold. Somehow a thread of concurrent users on Steam became a PC vs Console apple to apple sales crud. Go make a thread of this matter. You've already filled up about 3 pages on this thread and 4 pages on another thread for the same argument.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#332  Edited By Cranler

@bldgirsh said:

@Cranler said:

The fact that you are derailing the main thread doesn't really allow you to state what is bold. Somehow a thread of concurrent users on Steam became a PC vs Console apple to apple sales crud. Go make a thread of this matter. You've already filled up about 3 pages on this thread and 4 pages on another thread for the same argument.

What was the point of creating a thread on sys wars about steam numbers if not to show superiority over console which would lead to pc vs console discussion?

If you want a thread full of steam praise and no debates then start the same thread in the pc and mac forum. All this discussion is related to comparing steam numbers to console.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By Jankarcop

@Cranler said:

You want to compare a multiplatform game service vs single platform game services like xbox livewhich is an apples to oranges comparison.

Xbox Live is two full fledged systems and platforms, xbox360 and xbox one.....

You really have no clue what you're talking about.

at was the point of creating a thread on sys wars about steam numbers if not to show superiority over console which would lead to pc vs console discussion?

This thread shows that PC (Mac and Windows) destroys consoles in concurrent users

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334 BldgIrsh

@Cranler said:

@bldgirsh said:

@Cranler said:

What was the point of creating a thread on sys wars about steam numbers if not to show superiority over console which would lead to pc vs console discussion?

If you want a thread full of steam praise and no debates then start the same thread in the pc and mac forum. All this discussion is related to comparing steam numbers to console.

It was debated. From the people talking about users who just login and don't play to the others mere trolling. But, you are here talking about how PC is labelled which has nothing to do with the concurrent amount. As I said go make a thread, don't know why you are so reluctant to do so. Is it because you don't want more people to start arguing with you? So, you hide this asinine argument in threads of a totally different matter?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335 Cranler

@Jankarcop said:

@Cranler said:

You want to compare a multiplatform game service vs single platform game services like xbox livewhich is an apples to oranges comparison.

Xbox Live is two full fledged systems and platforms, xbox360 and xbox one.....

You really have no clue what you're talking about.

You want to compare a multiplatform game service that sells games for computers that range from ancient to cutting edge vs a fixed hardware platform like xbox 360 which is an apples to oranges comparison.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336 Cranler

@bldgirsh said:

@Cranler said:

@bldgirsh said:

@Cranler said:

It was debated. From the people talking about users who just login and don't play to the others mere trolling. But, you are here talking about how PC is labelled which has nothing to do with the concurrent amount. As I said go make a thread, don't know why you are so reluctant to do so. Is it because you don't want more people to start arguing with you? So, you hide this asinine argument in threads of a totally different matter?

You keep insulting but have still failed to provide a competent counterpoint.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

that steam play image doesn't say a 'pc' is windows. is actually says "PC (windows and linux)". well, earlier you were saying "I'll follow pc gaming pioneers word over some sys warriors". (327) so I guess that means that what you were saying earlier, about PC meaning a Windows PC, is no longer true. Great.

So, 'pc' doesn't mean just 'windows pc', but either a windows or linux one. makes sense, not many people call their mac a pc (in common parlance).

although technically, a mac is a pc.

i would rather be technically correct and say that a mac is also a type of pc.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By Cranler

@CrownKingArthur said:

that steam play image doesn't say a 'pc' is windows. is actually says "PC (windows and linux)". well, earlier you were saying "I'll follow pc gaming pioneers word over some sys warriors". (327) so I guess that means that what you were saying earlier, about PC meaning a Windows PC, is no longer true. Great.

So, 'pc' doesn't mean just 'windows pc', but either a windows or linux one. makes sense, not many people call their mac a pc (in common parlance).

although technically, a mac is a pc.

i would rather be technically correct and say that a mac is also a type of pc.

The main argument we've been having is, is computer gaming one platform or multiple platforms. And that image clearly shows mac, linux and windows/pc being considered separate platforms.

Notice how this very websites computer forum isn't called "computer gaming discussing" or "pc gaming discussion", it's called "pc and mac discussion". Maybe they should rename it to windows and mac discussion, I would get a kick out of them going through the trouble of doing that.

Notice in the pic below it lists pc, mac and linux in the drop down. Consolites are pc gamers too since they game on their personal consoles.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#339 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

So much damage control ITT.

Still no counterpoints, just another useless post.

Counter points to what?

Separating PC games, users, and sales by OS has 100% of the time been nothing but bait here. Stop baiting/trolling.

You guys are only doing this because the 8milion figure trumps consoles. You guys do the same "its on mac it isn't exclusive" crap when you see PC's exclusive count trumps consoles. It's damage control.

But then they list games from all three consoles and say "can you play these on your PC" . Even though they spend most of their time , bashing other consoles that they don't own .

Laughable at best .

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By Cranler

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

So much damage control ITT.

Still no counterpoints, just another useless post.

Counter points to what?

Separating PC games, users, and sales by OS has 100% of the time been nothing but bait here. Stop baiting/trolling.

You guys are only doing this because the 8milion figure trumps consoles. You guys do the same "its on mac it isn't exclusive" crap when you see PC's exclusive count trumps consoles. It's damage control.

But then they list games from all three consoles and say "can you play these on your PC" . Even though they spend most of their time , bashing other consoles that they don't own .

Laughable at best .

Who does that? I just find it funny how people can become so fanboyish they throw all logic out the window bashing any logical comments and bashing games they've probably never even played.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#341 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Cranler said:

@sam890 said:

So ,

Personal Computer vs Consoles = Wrong

Computers vs Consoles = Yep , right .

LMAO . This is hilarious .

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By Cranler

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Cranler said:

@sam890 said:

So ,

Where did I say personal computers vs consoles is wrong?

I simply left out the personal part because it sounds silly.

How about personal computers vs personal consoles?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By Jankarcop

@Cranler said:Consolites are pc gamers too since they game on their personal consoles.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344 Cranler

@Jankarcop said:

@Cranler said:Consolites are pc gamers too since they game on their personal consoles.

Are you saying consolites don't own their consoles or that they're using a terminal that's powered through a mainframe console?

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345 naz99

@Cranler: Ok you truly have now gone full Derp ........never go full Derp!

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By Jankarcop

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

Are you saying consolites don't own their consoles or that they're using a terminal that's powered through a mainframe console?

h

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#348 BldgIrsh

@Cranler: Just stop. Hahahaha. My god, you ma'am have won worst poster on System Wars. You wouldn't even qualify as a troll as you are just genuinely stupid.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Cranler said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@Cranler said:

@sam890 said:

So ,

Where did I say personal computers vs consoles is wrong?

I simply left out the personal part because it sounds silly.

How about personal computers vs personal consoles?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350 Cranler

So only computers are allowed to be personal? What kind of bs is that?

The name callers have still failed to counterpoint the comparison argument.