User Lists: 0

#252 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

I'm using linux right now on muh pc but I thought it was a separate platform and shit

Windows 2000 and the Mac OS X are examples of two different platforms. http://searchservervirtualization.techtarget.com/definition/platform

One pc can run 2 platforms.

So duh pc isn't a platform and shieet?

By pc do you mean windows computer or personal computer? If you mean the latter then we could just call game consoles all one platform.

@Jankarcop said:

So much damage control ITT.

Still no counterpoints, just another useless post.

PC means personal computer what did you think I was meaning. Can duh xbox360 be modded to run ps3 OS and games and shieet?

Pc can also mean a computer running windows os.

How does running 2 different platforms on one piece of hardware make them the same platform?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#253 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

... assumptions assumptions, there are many PC gamers that just play WoW, or just play LoL that couldn't give a flying f*ck about steam, there are also the anti DRM people.... and you know.... them arkets where steam is irrelevant. stop talking out of your ass please.

Pleanty of PC gamers that buy the device for specific uses, same as those chavvy console gamers that only buy CoD. hell I know alot of people that upgraded to PS4/X1 ... and... only ... play ... CoD.... anecdotal right? yea same as your crap... only difference is, everyone falls under the same flag on consoles.

so again, what are we comparing to? we have no numbers for XBOX LIVE or PSN? the earlier one would also include people playing friggin solitaire on their tablets/win8 store and win phone too.

so tell me tormy... what is the point in even TRYING to label PC gaming as STEAM? to compare... to nothing?

Assumption assumption you have no proof what so ever of how many people play just WOW and nothing else..

Until you do you have no argument...

@HalcyonScarlet said:

How people act and use Steam in SWs discussions, doesn't contribute to how it should be considered as a representation in general.

PC gaming is vast and comes in many shapes and sizes for a platform which is used so much all over the world. To globally single out Steam as a representation isn't accurate.

Steam versus PSN and/or XBL doesn't automatically equal PSN and/or XBL versus PC gaming as a complete entity. Steam is just one of the many part os PC gaming available to people.

Link to other service even close to steam numbers on PC....

Again lemming your fooling no one..lol

@R4gn4r0k said:

Nope, you and cranler are making the claims that every single PC gamers is on steam. Even those that play games that aren't on steam and older games.

Why should I prove you wrong ?

Now you are claiming shit like all PC gamers spending 700 dollars on GPUs. Hahahahahaha

LMAO, just stop, your arguments are getting worse and worse XD

NO quote me saying that every single PC gamer is on steam.. I dare you..

I say prove that all of blizzard gamers don't play on steam.

Where in hell did i say all gamers spend $700 dollars on a GPU.? Again quote me..

No it is your which are getting worse and so is your ability to read as well..

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#254 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

I'm using linux right now on muh pc but I thought it was a separate platform and shit

Windows 2000 and the Mac OS X are examples of two different platforms. http://searchservervirtualization.techtarget.com/definition/platform

By pc do you mean windows computer or personal computer? If you mean the latter then we could just call game consoles all one platform.

@Jankarcop said:

PC means personal computer what did you think I was meaning. Can duh xbox360 be modded to run ps3 OS and games and shieet?

How does running 2 different platforms on one piece of hardware make them the same platform?

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/has-pc-only-had-one-aaa-exclusive-title-since-1998-29266317/?page=1

This should keep you entertained for a couple of hours. Read it thoroughly, see both sides of the argument, then make your final observation on the matter, state it and that'll be it. No need to be arguing about this on multiple threads.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 Cranler

@bldgirsh said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Jankarcop said:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/has-pc-only-had-one-aaa-exclusive-title-since-1998-29266317/?page=1

This should keep you entertained for a couple of hours. Read it thoroughly, see both sides of the argument, then make your final observation on the matter, state it and that'll be it. No need to be arguing about this on multiple threads.

Notice my member since date? I've seen all the arguments. I'll use this forum however I want to.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 BldgIrsh

@Cranler said:

@bldgirsh said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Jankarcop said:

Notice my member since date? I've seen all the arguments. I'll use this forum however I want to.

Then you've been through it and continue to argue? Why not make a thread for this specific topic instead of derailing the other threads?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 Cranler

@bldgirsh said:

@Cranler said:

@bldgirsh said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Jankarcop said:

Then you've been through it and continue to argue? Why not make a thread for this specific topic instead of derailing the other threads?

Until people bring up silly points like we should only compare one console to all of pc...

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 BloodyTides
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Jankarcop said:

a computer running a mac os is also a pc

duh I'm sure that piece of hardware running the mac os, window os, or linux os is a pc

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By Cranler

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Jankarcop said:

duh I'm sure that piece of hardware running the mac os, window os, or linux os is a pc

Yet many stores differentiate the platforms by calling windows games pc games and mac games well mac games.

Console running the PS 3 os is a console. Console running Xbox one os is a console. Hence console vs pc.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

and some storefronts, like steam, allow for things like 'steam play'. so you buy the pc game once, and can play it on any one of the 3 os.

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By BloodyTides
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Cranler said:

@bloodytides said:

@Jankarcop said:

Yet many stores differentiate the platforms by calling windows games pc games and mac games well mac games.

Console running the PS 3 os is a console. Console running Xbox one os is a console. Hence console vs pc.

Well MS did have a brand called games for windows. Wonder why they didn't call it games for PC.

Can my xbox360 play ps3 games and run the OS.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#262  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61551 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

and some storefronts, like steam, allow for things like 'steam play'. so you buy the pc game once, and can play it on any one of the 3 os.

Cranler's argument has been weak from the get-go. It doesn't help that MusicalMac called it bullshit in the Starcraft II hype thread.

-----

PC has been seperated due to marketing from Apple, in the need to set themselves apart. That's it in a nutshell Cranler. Shit, the hardware is even identical now, which is a part of what helped Apple differentiate themselves initially.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263 Cranler

@lundy86_4 said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Cranler's argument has been weak from the get-go. It doesn't help that MusicalMac called it bullshit in the Starcraft II hype thread.

-----

PC has been seperated due to marketing from Apple, in the need to set themselves apart. That's it in a nutshell Cranler. Shit, the hardware is even identical now, which is a part of what helped Apple differentiate themselves initially.

Who is musicalmac and why does his opinion hold more weight to you. And what does steam call mac users playing pc users: cross PLATFORM mp is what the call it.

Xbone and PS 4 have more in common than many computer configs but they're different platforms due to os.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 lundy86_4

@Cranler said:

Who is musicalmac and why does his opinion hold more weight to you. And what does steam call mac users playing pc users: cross PLATFORM mp is what the call it.

Xbone and PS 4 have more in common than many computer configs but they're different platforms due to os.

Musicalmac is a mod who enforces the rules on this board. Not too long ago, you waved your join date around as some sort of badge... Musicalmac has been one of the more present mods within your timeframe.

At the end of the day, on this board, the PC encompasses Mac/Linux/Windows. Feel free to contact any mod, and they'll set ya straight. Thanks for listening.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265  Edited By CrownKingArthur

or you know, just think about it.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 Cranler

@lundy86_4 said:

@Cranler said:

Musicalmac is a mod who enforces the rules on this board. Not too long ago, you waved your join date around as some sort of badge... Musicalmac has been one of the more present mods within your timeframe.

At the end of the day, on this board, the PC encompasses Mac/Linux/Windows. Feel free to contact any mod, and they'll set ya straight. Thanks for listening.

They see it their way I see it mine. Steam as well as other respected outlets consider them separate platforms so when it comes time to compare revenue it only makes sense to compare all computers to all consoles.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By lundy86_4

@Cranler said:

They see it their way I see it mine. Steam as well as other respected outlets consider them separate platforms so when it comes time to compare revenue it only makes sense to compare all computers to all consoles.

Nothing wrong with seeing it your own way... Maybe you shouldn't bitch about it... For a whole thread... On their board... Just an FYI.

Again Steam represents them differently, as whilst they are the same platform, they are separate OS'. It's slightly different when buying a product and running it, than just discussing it for the sake of a forum. In the case you discuss, 1 + 3 =/= 4.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#268 CrownKingArthur

compare revenue for steamplay games, Linux will look really awesome.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By lundy86_4

@CrownKingArthur said:

compare revenue for steamplay games, Linux will look really awesome.

Another point... Shit, avoiding Steamplay and solely focussing on Mac, wouldn't fair too well looking back more than a couple of years.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Cranler

@lundy86_4 said:

@Cranler said:

Nothing wrong with seeing it your own way... Maybe you shouldn't bitch about it... For a whole thread... On their board... Just an FYI.

Again Steam represents them differently, as whilst they are the same platform, they are separate OS'. It's slightly different when buying a product and running it, than just discussing it for the sake of a forum. In the case you discuss, 1 + 3 =/= 4.

Maybe the mods have changed their mind since then.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_computer

Mac is a PC. I This isn't an opinion, its pretty much commonly accepted. The only time you get people saying otherwise is due to damage control from sales/exclusives in systemwars.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 CrownKingArthur

i stand by what i said earlier in this thread regarding valve using technically incorrect nomenclature eg: 'marketing speak'.

amazing. buying the game one time only for use on three different operating systems. so each operating system sold a third of a game? nah that's silly. one game was sold for the pc platform.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 Cranler

@Jankarcop said:

Mac is a PC. I This isn't an opinion, its pretty much commonly accepted. The only time you get people saying otherwise is due to damage control from sales/exclusives in systemwars.

Steam , Intel and Amazons word means more than wiki.

Ok I'll play along and say that mac linux and windows are all pc platform because then must say that xbox PS and wii are all console platform. Console vs pc, the closest to an apples to apples comparison possible.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By BldgIrsh

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

Ok I'll play along and say that mac linux and windows are all pc platform because then must say that xbox PS and wii are all console platform. Console vs pc, the closest to an apples to apples comparison possible.

Ok... so now we're back what it's always been? PC vs Consoles (When it comes to multiplats.) I mean, what were you trying to achieve here?

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 lundy86_4

@Cranler said:

I invited you to ask them.

Here:

Does PC include Windows/Mac/Linux on System Wars?

@Wasdie@verbtex@AdobeArtist@Allicrombie@charizard1605@blue_hazy_basic@musicalmac@Stevo_the_gamer@seanmcloughlin

That good? I did what you weren't willing to do. Damn son, sit down.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276  Edited By CrownKingArthur

this gen it's pc vs xb1 vs ps4 vs wii u; free for all, there's no alliance between the console manufacturers (stationary device system war)

however there is room for an interesting debate there about microsoft and their xbox/windows conflict of interest re: gaming.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 Cranler

@bldgirsh said:

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

Ok... so now we're back what it's always been? PC vs Consoles (When it comes to multiplats.) I mean, what were you trying to achieve here?

Some hermits like to play pc vs xbox or pc vs ps 3. That's how the debate started. So i'm like fine how about mac vs 360 then.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 Cranler

@CrownKingArthur said:

this gen it's pc vs xb1 vs ps4 vs wii u; free for all, there's no alliance between the console manufacturers (stationary device system war)

however there is room for an interesting debate there about microsoft and their xbox/windows conflict of interest re: gaming.

Is there an alliance between mac, linux and windows developers?

Is a linux only gamer going to have a great list of games to play or are they forced to use the windows platform? Will a PS 4 only gamer have lots of games to play or are they forced to go with xbox? Monopoly vs competitive market is apples and oranges.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 CrownKingArthur

yes it's called the PC gaming alliance.

that will depend on the individual linux gamer, same as the ps4/xb1 thing. nobody is forced into anything i'm hoping people are making informed choices.

monopoly? all these things exist together in a competitive market. it just so happens that the windows platform has had the most support partly because of microsoft's directx initiatives. now that valve has their initiatives, we're seeing more Linux support.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Jankarcop

@lundy86_4 said:

@Cranler said:

Here:

@Wasdie@verbtex@AdobeArtist@Allicrombie@charizard1605@blue_hazy_basic@musicalmac@Stevo_the_gamer@seanmcloughlin

Cranler getting annihilated. I love it.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 BldgIrsh

@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Is there an alliance between mac, linux and windows developers?

Is a linux only gamer going to have a great list of games to play or are they forced to use the windows platform? Will a PS 4 only gamer have lots of games to play or are they forced to go with xbox? Monopoly vs competitive market is apples and oranges.

Now the question you gotta ask yourself. Does the linux developer benefit from any of these software sales? Does the Mac publishers hold a stake in Steam's revenue? How do we know when a Mac isn't running windows?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#282 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

so what does all this mac and linux and windows talk have to do with the number of concurrent Steam users?

or are we just in full derailment mode

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 CrownKingArthur
@lostrib said:

so what does all this mac and linux and windows talk have to do with the number of concurrent Steam users?

ironically i've only just now realised the relevance.

linux (aka "PC"), mac, windows - they all run steam, but a user can only be signed in to one steam desktop client at a time. so the fact 3 OS' participated in the setting of this record has no bearing on it's significance.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By lundy86_4

@lostrib said:

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 Cranler
@lostrib said:

Because someone maybe janka got upset when another user compared all the console platforms against all the computer platforms.

@Jankarcop said:

So some random dude who entered that on wiki is right and Intel, Steam, Amazon, Cnet, USA Today etc are all wrong? Why do both Origin and Steam have a pc game section and then a mac game section? You need to inform valve and ea of this wiki page. Or is it possible that pc could have multiple meanings? The word funny used to just mean amusing now it also means strange because more and more people started calling odd occurenbces funny and over time it became official.

@Jankarcop said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Cranler said:

Here:

Cranler getting annihilated. I love it.

I see no annihilation just rabid hermits ignoring all the links and screens I've posted. Why in the world would I hold their opinion higher than valve or ea's?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286  Edited By Cranler
@walloftruth said:

Wow, so much damage control from the lower class just because Steam got to 8Milion users online at the same time.

Or maybe it's possible that some of us are actually able to see things impartially. Don't assume someone who's debating hermits doesn't game on pc themselves.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287  Edited By CrownKingArthur

the word 'literally' now has multiple meanings as teenage girls use it when they mean 'figuratively'.

the question is - is that correct? is it correct to do something incorrectly just because it's common parlance?

no.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 Jankarcop

@Cranler said:
@walloftruth said:

Wow, so much damage control from the lower class just because Steam got to 8Milion users online at the same time.

Or maybe it's possible that some of us are actually able to see things impartially. Don't assume someone who's debating hermits doesn't game on pc themselves.

You gaming on PC doesn't change the fact steam had 8 million concurrent users, likely more than xbl/psn combined.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By Cranler

@CrownKingArthur said:

the word 'literally' now has multiple meanings as teenage girls use it when they mean 'figuratively'.

the question is - is that correct? is it correct to do something incorrectly just because it's common parlance?

no.

Maybe you should get in touch with valve and ea and have them rename the pc games section to windows games. You should also contact Gamespot as well to inform them that they named the computer gaming forum incorrectly. To so you the name they use would be like "dogs and german shephards discussion".

@Jankarcop said:

@Cranler said:
@walloftruth said:

You gaming on PC doesn't change the fact steam had 8 million concurrent users, likely more than xbl/psn combined.

We don't have concurrent numbers for consoles but remember that pc's are left on much more than consoles.

We do have total registered users and console wins there. http://www.geekwire.com/2013/valve-xbox-live-users/

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 Jankarcop

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Cranler said:
@walloftruth said:

We don't have concurrent numbers for consoles but remember that pc's are left on much more than consoles.

We do have total registered users and console wins there. http://www.geekwire.com/2013/valve-xbox-live-users/

Concurrent is a far more important number, please stop changing the subject. Last recorded concurrent for xbl was a tiny 2million:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-live-hits-record-2-million-concurrent-users/1100-6240148/

BTW Steam doesn't include the most played concurrent/registered games like WoW and LoL, or services like Origin. It's clear PC has the most gamers, sales, and games from data. This includes mac/windows as both are part of PC.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291  Edited By Cranler

@Jankarcop said:

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Cranler said:
@walloftruth said:

Concurrent is a far more important number, please stop changing the subject. Last recorded concurrent for xbl was a tiny 2million:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-live-hits-record-2-million-concurrent-users/1100-6240148/

BTW Steam doesn't include the most played concurrent/registered games like WoW and LoL, or services like Origin. It's clear PC has the most gamers, sales, and games from data. This includes mac/windows as both are part of PC.

The concurrent from 5 years ago. People use pc's differently than consoles. Many people leave their pc's on 24/7. Some peoples pc's double as game and work machines. Apples and oranges.

Yeah pc has more gamers but they mostly play free games and buy microransactions. Thats certainly not something to brag about. Consolites actually buy games.

The term personal computer came about because for a long time the idea of owning your own computer was insane because computers were enormous and cost more than cars. When technology got to the point where computers got small and cheap enough to actually have your own it made sense to call it a personal computer. But now it's actually a silly term to use. Is your personal computer sitting underneath your personal desk? Do you connect your personal computer to a personal tv or a personal monitor?

It's really just best to use the term pc to refer to windows based computer for short.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By Jankarcop

@Cranler said:

The concurrent from 5 years ago. People use pc's differently than consoles. Many people leave their pc's on 24/7. Some peoples pc's double as game and work machines. Apples and oranges.

Yeah pc has more gamers but they mostly play free games and buy microransactions. Thats certainly not something to brag about. Consolites actually buy games.

The term personal computer came about because for a long time the idea of owning your own computer was insane because computers were enormous and cost more than cars. When technology got to the point where computers got small and cheap enough to actually have your own it made sense to call it a personal computer. But now it's actually a silly term to use. Is your personal computer sitting underneath your personal desk? Do you connect your personal computer to a personal tv or a personal monitor?

It's really just best to use the term pc to refer to windows based computer for short.

1. People use xbl/psn for netflix or leave it on during blurays or twitchTV or video chat. Your argument holds no water.

2. A majority of the console gamers play handheld, wii, wiiU, madden, cod, movie-titles. Both sides have casual gamers. Your argument is invalid.

3. Tell that to SW admins. We don't separate mac and pc here. Why do you think PC exclusives remain in exclusive lists on all gaming sites even though they are on mac and windows?

The fact is, PC has more gamers, more sales, and more aaa-aa scoring titles. I can cite sources for all of those. You can keep making up all the excuses you want (without any sources btw), but it won't change these facts. Nothing you say after quoting it is going to change those 3 facts I listed. Sales,Gamers,Games. You're going to dance around it with excuses. Have fun with madden filler and worse version of multiplats.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By Cranler

@Jankarcop said:

@Cranler said:

1. People use xbl/psn for netflix or leave it on during blurays or twitchTV or video chat. Your argument holds no water.

2. A majority of the console gamers play handheld, wii, wiiU, madden, cod, movie-titles. Both sides have casual gamers. Your argument is invalid.

3. Tell that to SW admins. We don't separate mac and pc here. Why do you think PC exclusives remain in exclusive lists on all gaming sites even though they are on mac and windows?

The fact is, PC has more gamers, more sales, and more aaa-aa scoring titles. I can cite sources for all of those. You can keep making up all the excuses you want (without any sources btw), but it won't change these facts. Nothing you say after quoting it is going to change those 3 facts I listed. Sales,Gamers,Games. You're going to dance around it with excuses. Have fun with madden filler and worse version of multiplats.

1. People can use a pc for all that too plus use it for work. Notice how the total steam users are much much higher than the actual in game count.

2. Reading comp fail. When did i mention casual gamers? I'm sure a lot of Dota and Tf players are hardcore. More people play f2p games on steam than all paid games combined. In fact you could probably say that for pc gaming in general. Go try playing madden online and see how you get owned by those casuals.

3. Why is the computer forum called pc and mac then? If you don't separate the different computing platforms then you shouldn't separate the different console platforms.

When did I ever say pc didn't have more gamers, games or higher revenue? I just said it's silly to compare all of computer gaming to just one console.

I don't play madden. I use my ps 3 for blu ray, netflix and exclusives. I play all multiplats on pc.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 Jankarcop

@Cranler said:
I just said it's silly to compare all of computer gaming to just one console.

Your opinion is noted, but here at SW that is exactly what we do.

We count PC's sales, exclusives, and gamers as one from all OS's.

People will continue to do so , no matter how much you complain about it. PC is one platform.

In other words: You're blowing hot air.

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

They said PC is dead, 8 years ago.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 Cranler

@Jankarcop said:

@Cranler said:
I just said it's silly to compare all of computer gaming to just one console.

Your opinion is noted, but here at SW that is exactly what we do.

We count PC's sales, exclusives, and gamers as one from all OS's.

People will continue to do so , no matter how much you complain about it. PC is one platform.

In other words: You're blowing hot air.

I already showed how the biggest names in computer gaming consider each os a separate platform but you ignore it since it doesn't fit your agenda.

Comparing all computer game sales to just 360 or just xbone is obviously biased.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298 Cranler

@Motokid6 said:

I turn my pc off every night. And I do not have Steam set to autostart.

Right now there's 6 million people logged into steam yet only about 1 million actually playing a game so I'd say you're in the minority.

You turn your pc off every night? What does that mean? That it's on all day. I turn my console off whenerver I'm not using it by my pc stays on all day.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

I can and do play both Linux and Windows on my PC, the same device. There the same platform.

Steam separates them because they install differently, that's it.

Try to play Titanfall on your Ps4 and let me know what happens