Star Wars Battlefront 2 Trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Looks better than The Force Awakens lol

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

WOW this looks really good

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46310 Posts

I'm more excited for the more singleplayer focussed star wars games, like what Visceral is making.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24926 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

I'm more excited for the more singleplayer focussed star wars games, like what Visceral is making.

its DICE game. but even if visceral were making. remember battlfield hardline.

titanfall 2 was miracle that it turn out atleast good. all other EA games have been so bad that made ubisoft great.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

@charizard1605: That's what I thought. It would've made more sense to explore the aftermath of Return of the Jedi and explain what happened once the Rebellion won and how the fragmented Empire was hunted down.

Instead we got J.J. Abrams' bullshit New Hope rip-off that catered towards nostalgia rather than an actual follow-up and continuation to the series.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k

@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

titanfall 2 was miracle that it turn out atleast good. all other EA games have been so bad that made ubisoft great.

Battlefield hardline is the only battlefield I ever played that had a good singleplayer. Not the best, but at least it was enjoyable.

Respawn should definitely make a Star Wars game seeing how good Titanfall 1&2 are.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Battlefield hardline is the only battlefield I ever played that had a good singleplayer. Not the best, but at least it was enjoyable.

Respawn should definitely make a Star Wars game seeing how good Titanfall 1&2 are.

hardline is basically arrest simulator. its not even i call FPS. its just pure handholding, too much scripted and lenghty unskippable cutscene make it among worst SP FPS.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xdude85

@ghosts4ever said:

Another trailer that show nothing happen. no gameplay footage. and beside its DICE game. they cant done SP right. they have not even done SP right of SP only game (mirrors edge). it will be bad like previous game but with tack on SP

and i was right. game has female protagonist as i observe from teaser. they are doing it to apeal feminists once again.

Why are you scared of girls?

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#10 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

its already better than Prey

FenderKiller17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By FenderKiller17
Member since 2017 • 122 Posts

Battlefront left me wanting more from Dice.

I really wish they did a remaster of the original Battlefront II.. So many hours logged on my PS2 (Which I got at launch and which still works I might add).

But, This does look promising.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ghosts4ever

@aigis said:

let me guess

a 4 hour campaign by DICE and MP that many people will hate better than 20 hour immersive sim made by studio consist of people who work on immersive sim in late 90s.?? come on my friend.

Prey will be true GOTY this year that will ignore once again by yearly iteration game. good games take longer development time. not just announced and release in same year considering last game release 2 years ago. good game need atleast 5 years development time period.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ghosts4ever said:
@aigis said:

let me guess

a 4 hour campaign by DICE and MP that many people will hate better than 20 hour immersive sim made by studio consist of people who work on immersive sim in late 90s.?? come on my friend.

Prey will be true GOTY this year that will ignore once again by yearly iteration game. good games take longer development time. not just announced and release in same year considering last game release 2 years ago. good game need atleast 5 years development time period.

If good games take longer development time, I think we can safely conclude Zelda/Persona 5 are the GotY frontrunners.

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BIack_Goku
Member since 2016 • 724 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Another trailer that show nothing happen. no gameplay footage. and beside its DICE game. they cant done SP right. they have not even done SP right of SP only game (mirrors edge). it will be bad like previous game but with tack on SP

and i was right. game has female protagonist as i observe from teaser. they are doing it to apeal feminists once again.

Battlefront 2 campaign is being made by Motive (Jade Raymond's new studio).

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xdude85

@ghosts4ever: I think you're just scared of girls considering that women have been in video games for 30 years, so it's best that you stop acting like a victim to a non-existent agenda.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aigis

@ghosts4ever said:
@aigis said:

let me guess

its only 20 hrs? And I thought Zelda was short...

Maybe Battlefront EA was the beta and now theyre going to come out swinging. Im predicting 10's across the board

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ghosts4ever

@charizard1605 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@aigis said:

let me guess

If good games take longer development time, I think we can safely conclude Zelda/Persona 5 are the GotY frontrunners.

for the fans of certain franchise sure.

i never find a good game that has only 1 or 2 years development cycle. only COD/AC/BF has this cycle and they are all copy and paste.

Why new Metro still not announced. but the game has been in development since 2013 as claim by 4A in 2013 that it was very early in development. now this year E3 it may announce and will release next year.

Doom was in development since 2011 (in a year when development was restarted) and released last year and was one of the best game in years.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58987 Posts

There use to be great star-wars games, now it's been reduced to dangling characters in front of gamers like an adult dangling keys in front of a child.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By aigis

@ghosts4ever said:
@charizard1605 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@aigis said:

let me guess

for the fans of certain franchise sure.

i never find a good game that has only 1 or 2 years development cycle. only COD/AC/BF has this cycle and they are all copy and paste.

Why new Metro still not announced. but the game has been in development since 2013 as claim by 4A in 2013 that it was very early in development. now this year E3 it may announce and will release next year.

Doom was in development since 2011 (in a year when development was restarted) and released last year and was one of the best game in years.

Doom isnt goat tier like the stuff we've been getting

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ghosts4ever

@xdude85 said:

@ghosts4ever: I think you're just scared of girls considering that women have been in video games for 30 years, so it's best that you stop acting like a victim to a non-existent agenda.

girls do not like shooters as much as guys and entire genre is male oriented. FPS is genre that has male target audience.

simple as that many AAA games using female protagonist to apease feminists.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Was gonna make a separate topic for this, but couldn't be bothered. Apparently Local Offline Co-Op is going to be an exclusive feature of the Xbox version. Should make for some interesting SW material.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#23 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58987 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@xdude85 said:

girls do not like shooters as much as guys and entire genre is male oriented. FPS is genre that has male target audience.

simple as that many AAA games using female protagonist to apease feminists.

From the looks of it she's had a mild stroke.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@spike6958 said:

Was gonna make a separate topic for this, but couldn't be bothered. Apparently Local Offline Co-Op is going to be an exclusive feature of the Xbox version. Should make for some interesting SW material.

Wait, what?

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 spike6958

@charizard1605 said:
@spike6958 said:

Wait, what?

Here's the link to the IGN artical.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/04/15/star-wars-battlefront-2-wont-have-a-season-pass-offline-local-co-op-exclusive-to-xbox

Yeah, this is gonna be a fun one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@spike6958 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@spike6958 said:

Wait, what?

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2017/04/15/star-wars-battlefront-2-wont-have-a-season-pass-offline-local-co-op-exclusive-to-xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Yeah, I'm not buying this then. That's fucking stupid.

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BIack_Goku

@charizard1605 said:
@spike6958 said:

Wait, what?

That's false, just Microsoft's marketing spin. It's exclusive to the console versions so both PS4 and XB1 have co-op.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 aigis

@spike6958 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@spike6958 said:

Wait, what?

no more 10's across the board, I retract my statement

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@biack_goku said:
@charizard1605 said:
@spike6958 said:

Wait, what?

That's false, just Microsoft's marketing spin. It's exclusive to the console versions so both PS4 and XB1 have co-op.

'Additionally, in a post on Xbox Wire, it was revealed that offline split-screen co-op will be an exclusive feature for the Xbox One version of Star Wars Battlefront II. This mode will allow two players to play together locally and earn upgrades that can be transferred to the online multiplayer experience.'

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k

@charizard1605 said:
@spike6958 said:

Wait, what?

Oh yeah I can't wait for this game to be ruined by corporate bullsh1t again just like the first !

Saved me money I can spend on better games.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 spike6958

@charizard1605 said:
@biack_goku said:
@charizard1605 said:
@spike6958 said:

Wait, what?

'Additionally, in a post on Xbox Wire, it was revealed that offline split-screen co-op will be an exclusive feature for the Xbox One version of Star Wars Battlefront II. This mode will allow two players to play together locally and earn upgrades that can be transferred to the online multiplayer experience.'

Well Char, I remember you saying you'd buy a Scorpio if there was a reason to, clearly they heard you :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Wait, wait, wait

And exclusive to the console version of Star Wars Battlefront II will be two-player offline split-screen co-op. Get ready to team up with your friends from the comfort of your couch as the two of you battle across the Star Wars universe. In this mode, you’ll be able to earn customization rewards and bring those upgrades with you to the online multiplayer battleground.

Read more at https://news.xbox.com/2017/04/15/star-wars-battlefront-ii-pre-order-now-xbox-one/#QJAvT916yb8LUF3D.99

Xbox's own page says this is only for the console versions. IGN is BSing.

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By BIack_Goku

@charizard1605 said:
@biack_goku said:
@charizard1605 said:
@spike6958 said:

Wait, what?

This is official from EA:

SPLIT-SCREEN CO-OP

Team up with a friend in two-player offline split-screen play.* Earn rewards, customize troopers and heroes, then take your skills and upgrades to the online battleground. *split-screen co-op available only on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2

Microsoft's PR team is the shadiest in the business.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@biack_goku: No, this isn't MS's fault, I quoted their page above, they said console versions too. IGN went fucking full BS here.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 spike6958

@biack_goku: Well that's a relief, though it seems more like an error on IGN's part, rather than shady marketing on Microsoft's part, as they do clearly state that it's a console exclusive mode, not an Xbox exclusive mode like what IGN says.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 spike6958

@charizard1605 said:

@biack_goku: No, this isn't MS's fault, I quoted their page above, they said console versions too. IGN went fucking full BS here.

Well, at least I got to worry everyone for a second there, so I'm satisfied with the mistake XD

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BIack_Goku

@charizard1605 said:

Microsoft edited their original story, which IGN ran with. Probably a PR person from Microsoft being confused.

This was the original quote on the Xbox site:

And exclusive to the Xbox One version of Star Wars Battlefront II will be two-player offline split-screen co-op. Get ready to team up with your friends from the comfort of your couch as the two of you battle across the Star Wars universe. In this mode, you’ll be able to earn customization rewards and bring those upgrades with you to the online multiplayer battleground.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@biack_goku said:
@charizard1605 said:

Microsoft edited their original story, which IGN ran with. Probably a PR person from Microsoft being confused.

This was the original quote on the Xbox site:

And exclusive to the Xbox One version of Star Wars Battlefront II will be two-player offline split-screen co-op. Get ready to team up with your friends from the comfort of your couch as the two of you battle across the Star Wars universe. In this mode, you’ll be able to earn customization rewards and bring those upgrades with you to the online multiplayer battleground.

Ah, didn't realize that.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

No gameplay, can't say that inspires me with any confidence.

I'll go ahead and expect this to be all flash and no substance like the last one. That way if it actually turns out better I'll be pleasantly surprised.

BIack_Goku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BIack_Goku

Not gonna lie, I'm getting kinda hyped for this.

• Campaign by Motive (Jade Raymond studio)
  • Story written by Spec Ops: The Line guy
  • No season pass
  • Deep class based multiplayer instead of that shallow Battlefront 1 stuff with deeper customization
  • Space battles
  • Every Star Wars era
  • Split-screen co-op on consoles
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#42  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

If they don't add some serious depth to the game, I'm not sure that I can justify buying this one. The first one was fun... for a rather short amount of time.

@bIack_goku

Huh... interesting... Well if they make it deeper and the campaign is any good I'll buy it.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

My look of distrust

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 R4gn4r0k

@biack_goku said:

Not gonna lie, I'm getting kinda hyped for this.

• Campaign by Motive (Jade Raymond studio)
  • Story written by Spec Ops: The Line guy
  • No season pass
  • Deep class based multiplayer instead of that shallow Battlefront 1 stuff with deeper customization
  • Space battles
  • Every Star Wars era
  • Split-screen co-op on consoles

So last years game was just to milk star wars fans and this one sounds like an actual game ?

Well that certainly doesn't build customer trust :/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@metalslimenite said:

I wonder how many dummies are gonna fall for the hype, buy the game, then have to spend another $60 on the season pass? Don't you fellas ever learn?

No Season Pass

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By spike6958

@metalslimenite said:

I wonder how many dummies are gonna fall for the hype, buy the game, then have to spend another $60 on the season pass? Don't you fellas ever learn?

They've said no season pass, as they don't want to segregate the community. Which, theoretically, should mean any and all map or mode based DLC's should be free.

Not that surprising, Titanfall 2 did this also, and instead just charged for cosmetics.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R4gn4r0k

@charizard1605 said:
@metalslimenite said:

No Season Pass

I laughed my ass off when DICE said they 'didn't want to split the community'

Hmmm, can't be what the community has been saying for ages... Maybe EA should listen a bit more to the community instead of their shareholders.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2

The website is Up.

"Join up to 40 players in massive multiplayer fights in authentic locations across all eras. Revel in deep class-based online gameplay, pilot a wide variety of land and air vehicles, and control iconic characters with distinct abilities that can turn the tide of battle."

This doesn't sound Promising. Guess it still has Vehicle Powerup System.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

not impressed

..... but kudos to DICE for the graphics