Star Wars Battlefront 2 Trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#151 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69524 Posts

@Quicksilver128 said:

@Pedro: A male lead in a action game isn't pandering. Putting something in against all logic to cater to someone is Pandering. If I make a white man a master Samurai and don't explain how it happens that would be pandering.

Its hard to have this argument with someone who doesn't even know what pandering means.

Its seems like you are struggling with that idea more than I. A game developer does not need to justify why they have any character in any game. Stop acting like a child.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152  Edited By Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

@Pedro: Yes they do actually. There goal is to make a product that people want to buy. Or else they generally go unemployed. This is how things work in the real world when you are a creator. Perhaps try to be more critical and develope taste beyond a 12 year old and you will understand.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Quicksilver128 said:

@Pedro: Yes they do actually. There goal is to make a product that people want to buy. Or else they generally go unemployed. This is how things work in the real world when you are a creator. Perhaps try to be more critical and devlooe taste beyond a 12 year old and you will understand.

says the sad little man who wants every game to be a power fantasy catered to him because he feels inadequate in the real world.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 Pedro

@Quicksilver128 said:

@Pedro: Yes they do actually. There goal is to make a product that people want to buy. Or else they generally go unemployed. This is how things work in the real world when you are a creator. Perhaps try to be more critical and devlooe taste beyond a 12 year old and you will understand.

LOL. Last I check 12 years old cry when things to make sense them and when things don't go their way. Seems like you are teaching me how to behave like a child more than anything. The fact is that they don't have to "justify" any of their characters choices just like a game dev doesn't have to justify why Nathan or why Master Chief is male. Again stop acting like a spoil child.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Quicksilver128

@mems_1224: 6'2 205 lbs I never viewed myself as little. And I'm getting married this year to the love of my life so I don't view myself as sad or inadequate? Perhaps that's your views of yourself that you preach on to others?

I mean you did go right into personal insults on a gaming forum so it appears I hurt your feelings.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#156 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

EA and other game publishers need more women to enter the gaming world, a new demographic of clueless gamers. They know that experienced male gamers are in their 30s and they aren't easy to impress anymore

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Quicksilver128: not insulting you, just making observations. Best of luck to you and your future domestic violence victim

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Pedro

@mems_1224 said:

@Quicksilver128: not insulting you, just making observations. Best of luck to you and your future domestic violence victim

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Quicksilver128

@Pedro: A spoiled child? No i just learned not to be forced fead the shit SJWs serve to me. I dont need to learn anything. Thats what SJWs fail to realize.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Quicksilver128

@mems_1224: Your jokes are as bad as your shitty taste in games. I must have struck a nerve.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Pedro

@Quicksilver128 said:

@Pedro: A spoiled child? No i just learned not to be forced fead the shit SJWs serve to me. I dont need to learn anything. Thats what SJWs fail to realize.

So, if you are not pandered to you cry like a man baby. You have done a great job proving my point.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#162 jv303
Member since 2014 • 545 Posts

I'd love to see Quicksilver drop these opinions out in public, and then watch everyone laugh at him.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 jv303

How much of that 205 lbs is neckbeard?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 Pedro

@Quicksilver128 said:

@Pedro: Did Horizon pander to me?

You eat whatever they feed you. You're a sucker.

Stop being a man baby. Own up to being narrow minded and that you are actually not the only person on the planet. Learn to get over yourself. Not because you don't like it doesn't make it wrong, pandering or you being force fed. You are not obligated to purchase or like the game. Now would be a great time to grow up and learn that the world does not always PANDER to you.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Pedro

@ghosts4ever said:
@jv303 said:

I'd love to see Quicksilver drop these opinions out in public, and then watch everyone laugh at him.

come on cutie pie, no need to get angry. i think games should remain badass and manly.

Playing games is now manly?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#168 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Quicksilver128 said:

@charizard1605: Its become the new default. And I'm sorry but a bad ass female soldier to me is cringeworthy. There is a reason over 99% of combat roles in the military are men. Its because they are simply better at it.

Also lol at you calling woman a minority. That makes no sense and is factually incorrect.

Women have become the new default? Is this a joke?

Just this year:

• Yakuza 0: Male lead
  • Resident Evil 7: Male lead
  • Wildlands: Male leads
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: Male lead
  • Persona 5: Male lead
  • Nioh: Male lead

For female leads? All we've got is Horizon: Zero Dawn and NieR Automata. Male leads outnumber female leads in games comically. Half the population is female. Unless your story specifically demands one gender be the lead, there should be no reason for the split to not be more even.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 jv303

Maybe that's it - that's why they're so triggered over the presence of a woman in a game. They think it makes them manly.

Not character. Not maturity. Not self-sufficiency or physical or mental prowess.

Video games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ghosts4ever said:
@jv303 said:

come on cutie pie, no need to get angry. i think games should remain badass and manly.

Stop calling her 'cutie pie', it's condescending.

Lol at 'badass and manly' for playing fucking computer games.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 jv303

The argument defeats itself. If playing games with male characters made people manly... they'd be manly.

But they're not.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#172 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@Quicksilver128: Oh, btw, the 1950's called. Good luck with that.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#173 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Well now I know why I don't post on SW as much as I use to, this thread went from talking about star wars bf 2 to female characters vs male characters.....seriously the **** is wrong with you scrubs!?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#174  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24926 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@jv303 said:

I mean not every game need to be badass and manly but those games which are should remain that way. can you imagine doom having love interest (as it feel akward in wolfenstien game. new order has one and its terrible).

there is game life is strange which have teenager collage girl as protagonist because nature of game does fit it. it wouldnot fit most FPS games. i have been playing FPS since 90s and i have not found apart of very few FPS do not have male protagonist.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ghosts4ever said:
@charizard1605 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@jv303 said:

I mean not every game need to be badass and manly but those games which are should remain that way. can you imagine doom having love interest (as it feel akward in wolfenstien game. new order has one and its terrible).

there is game life is strange which have teenager collage girl as protagonist because nature of game does fit it. it wouldnot fit most FPS games. i have been playing FPS since 90s and i have not found apart of very few FPS do not have male protagonist.

And Star Wars, the Nerd Central franchise, is one of the ones that needs to stay badass and manly?

KillOnSight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#176  Edited By KillOnSight
Member since 2015 • 458 Posts

Would be cool if we got a female protagonist whos actually feminine.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Quicksilver and Ghosts4ever are the most sheltered people I've ever seen.

They must still believe in cooties, and have a "No Girls Allowed" sign taped to the door of their room.

Guys like them are the reason why gamers are still stereotyped as being sexist, intolerable losers.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 jv303

@killonsight: *Gene Wilder meme* Please, tell me more about what's feminine and what isn't.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#179 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@ghosts4ever: Bro, just drop it. Unless you wanna exit through the same door as quicksilver, just drop it.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#180 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24926 Posts

@xdude85: my friend like i said i really really respect girls. I hate the those who abuse girls. Man who abuse women is not a man in my book. I'm just telling my preference in games. And how companies adoring femenism.

@charizard1605: I'm not really a fan of star wars. The franchise is overrated imo.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By xdude85

@ghosts4ever: So, you have nothing against women, yet you don't want them as playable characters in video games.

That's called a contradiction, and I can't express it more bluntly than that. You're really beyond help if you're living by that kind of logic.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56126 Posts

*Facepalm*

This thread has hit a new low. What's the big deal between male/female? Just shut the hell up and play your games, regardless of gender. SJW should NEVER be mention in games at all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@ghosts4ever: Okay, so stop bitching about there being a female lead in a Star Wars game, maybe?

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#184  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

I couldn't care less that the main character is a woman, which is not even new for a Star Wars game, but she does seem as lame as any bald white male protagonist. Give me Mara Jade, Jaina Solo, Meetra Surik, or new canon character, Rae Sloane, (Now that I'm thinking about it, there's no reason why they couldn't have put Ahsoka as a hero either, because she's still canon too) all of whom are strong female characters with real personalities. That's probably asking too much from a current age EA game though.

I also don't like how these "special ops" basically look like TIE fighter pilots. There's no creativity in the design whatsoever.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Pedro

Two funny things.

• I read more bitching about SJW than anything from said group.
  • SJW is boggie man for some gamers.
jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By jv303

Anything that comes after "I respect women" is usually b.s.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#187 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

How did we go from a Star wars battlefront 2 trailer...... to this?

Lulz

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Pedro
@speedfreak48t5p said:

How did we go from a Star wars battlefront 2 trailer...... to this?

Lulz

When there are still remnants of loosergate anything is possible.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#189 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@kod said:

So.... do you like see something and then just stop reading? Did you completely miss the part where i went on to say that Disney made 18 billion dollars total off SW and the movie accounted for 2 of that?

Now im not going to get in a little spat with you about this, we've seen these numbers before when LF released them years ago, and im sure theyve changed a bit with Disney and their new marketing. And hey, good for them if they are actually getting more women into star wars. But the fact is the majority of the SW fan base and consumer base is male. In america, white. Im sure in Mexico, Mexican males. Im sure in Japan, Japanese males. If you go to star wars celebration, youll see 1 female for every 20 males. If you look for people with novel collections, comic collections, figure collection, male. Even fan fiction, a space typically more dominate female, with star wars is male (https://www.fanfiction.net/movie/Star-Wars/).

You know, you dont have to take my word for any of this, just look up Kathleen Kennedy and her reasoning behind doing what they have done at Disney with SW. There are plenty of interviews she has done where she mentions their own market research and how it is absolutely, unquestionably dominated by the white male consumer, which is why she has attempted to get SW to expand outward. You know... you cant recognize that these things are happening without recognizing the reason for it happening. Maybe you should ask yourself why she said she did not need to cater to male star wars fans..... lets do a little bit of critical thinking here (or you can simply look it up)....

Because you at no point have provided one shred of evidence that the majority of the fanbase is 80% white males. I never questioned their status as the majority, but 80%?

Either way you slice it when only 58% of the launch sales are to men, for a movie seen be way more people (pure quantity) than the people who buy video games (basic price here, cheaper movie tickets means more people have to buy tickets for a movie to get to a billion than a video game), would imply that a pretty significant portion of the consumer base is not white males. More to it, it's not 80%.

The enthusiasts aren't the only consumers Star Wars has, it has too much broad appeal for a convention to be some depiction of the Star Wars demographic.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#190 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Pedro said:

Two funny things.

• I read more bitching about SJW than anything from said group.
  • SJW is boggie man for some gamers.

I agree

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#191 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Renegade_Fury said:

I couldn't care less that the main character is a woman, which is not even new for a Star Wars game, but she does seem as lame as any bald white male protagonist. Give me Mara Jade, Jaina Solo, Meetra Surik, or new canon character, Rae Sloane, (Now that I'm thinking about it, there's no reason why they couldn't have put Ahsoka as a hero either, because she's still canon too) all of whom are strong female characters with real personalities. That's probably asking too much from a current age EA game though.

I also don't like how these "special ops" basically look like TIE fighter pilots. There's no creativity in the design whatsoever.

This I can at least get behind, the leads need to be better characters. Because just speaking about Episode 7 Rey and Finn are paper thin as ****.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#192 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@Renegade_Fury said:

This I can at least get behind, the leads need to be better characters. Because just speaking about Episode 7 Rey and Finn are paper thin as ****.

Yeah, I don't like Rey or Finn either. Poe was the best one of the trio, but he was barely in the movie,. I liked Jyn from Rogue One though even if her backstory was somewhat cookie cutter. She at the very least had a personality.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#193  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41535 Posts

Of course, anti-SJW's/alt-rights are on this like mad and with who's in power, it makes me wonder about certain games survival or the chances of others (like say a game like Beyond Good and Evil, which would be seen as a "cucked" up fusion of Zelda and Metal Gear in this day in age).

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56126 Posts

@jv303 said:

Anything that comes after "I respect women" is usually b.s.

And I can see why.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By xdude85

@mems_1224 said:

Kicked4me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By Kicked4me
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

@Desmonic: @charizard1605:

1. Horizon zero dawn

2. Nier automata

3.Gravity Rush 2

4. SW:BF2

5. TLOU 2

All out this year are coming this year.

Also is it common for you to ban people on here for having an opoinion you don't like? And do you normally pass an insult to them before you silence them? You're absolutely pathetic and the fact you banned my account for having a different opinion while others kept posting after personal insults is telling.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@kicked4me said:

@Desmonic: @charizard1605:

1. Horizon zero dawn

2. Nier automata

3.Gravity Rush 2

4. SW:BF2

5. TLOU 2

All out this year are coming this year.

• TLOU2 is not from this year
  • Want me to list all the games with male leads, then?
Kicked4me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Kicked4me
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

@charizard1605: It won't do you much good since most of them are being publicly retired. I don't understand how you feel 50% of action roles should be filled by a female especially when about 90% of your audience is men. Regardless the fact I got banned for having a different opinion while having a reasonable discusission is all I need to be done with this place. Enjoy your circle jerk.