Star Wars Battlefront 2 Trailer

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Quicksilver128
Member since 2003 • 7075 Posts

@jg4xchamp: Listen to what you just said.. SJW's bitched about to many white males. Well it looks like they won. You rarely see any white males cast in big budget games anymore and in the case of Star Wars they have cast three female leads in a row. Yes it's a fictional universe but its doesn't change the fact that in reality 99.9 % of combat roles are filled by men so to see another elite female military fighter(which is funny they just did this in Rogue One). To me it has nothing to do with social justice. I just don't prefer to play as female leads and hearing a bunch of beta males tell me why I should happy with it is even worse.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#102  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I'm no elitist, but the gameplay of the first was too casual even by my low standards. It was just not interesting to play in any way. I think the sequel will be no different as the audience is what it is. Of course there's nothing wrong with making casual games. I'm just saying that for this reason: I'm out!

@Quicksilver128 said:

@jg4xchamp: Listen to what you just said.. SJW's bitched about to many white males. Well it looks like they won. You rarely see any white males cast in big budget games anymore and in the case of Star Wars they have cast three female leads in a row. Yes it's a fictional universe but its doesn't change the fact that in reality 99.9 % of combat roles are filled by men so to see another elite female military fighter(which is funny they just did this in Rogue One). To me it has nothing to do with social justice. I just don't prefer to play as female leads and hearing a bunch of beta males tell me why I should happy with it is even worse.

99,9 %? Lol might wanna check those stats....

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#103 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Quicksilver128 said:

@jg4xchamp: You rarely see any white males cast in big budget games anymore

Just from games last year

Uncharted 4's main character - a white dude
HItman - a white dude
Gears of War 4 - a white dude
Deus Ex: Manking Divided - a white dude
Dishonored 2 - one of the main characters is a white dude
Call of Duty's main character - a white dude
Dead Rising 4 - a white dude
Quantum Break - a white dude

You want to make the argument that most of those are sequels, fair enough, but the amount of new ips with a female lead are Horizon: Zero Dawn and? And in this year you still have games like Resident Evil 7 where the main character is a white dude, and you're getting Prey where the main character is a white dude.

Compare that to big games with say a black dude: Watch Dogs 2 and Mafia 3.

Or a black woman: .............well.......

What bizarro world are you living in where there is a short supply of white males being casted in big budgeted games?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 jg4xchamp
@kod said:

So im going to stay out of this conversation as a whole, because i really dont care and it seems like a fairly stupid argument for "both sides". But i will say that no matter how much they push these things, 90% of the SW consumer base is white males.

What elite google skills are you using to get 90%?

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/star-wars-force-awakens-box-office-records-1201665753/

When 58% of the of the record breaking box office launch are male (not just white males, males period), the odds of 90% of the Star Wars consumer base is white males, is highly unlikely, by the rules, well math. Unless you mean system wars, which nothing should ever be designed with the demographic of system wars in mind, so I'm gonna assume that one is off the table.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#105 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24926 Posts

@jv303 said:

Women aren't suited for FPS titles? What's that?

Perfect Dark?

Portal?

Metroid freaking Prime?

Come break into my house, I'll show you what a woman looks like behind a firearm.

beside perfect dark which is goldeneye clone. none of them are FPS. what i mean is FPS genre target audience is male and always will remain. no need to feminized and ruined it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 jg4xchamp

@ghosts4ever said:
@jv303 said:

Perfect Dark?

Portal?

Metroid freaking Prime?

Come break into my house, I'll show you what a woman looks like behind a firearm.

beside perfect dark which is goldeneye clone. none of them are FPS. what i mean is FPS genre target audience is male and always will remain. no need to feminized and ruined it.

Yeah man, Kate Archer really stopped No One Lives Forever from being a good video game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:
and you're getting Prey where the main character is a white dude.

it has female character too. which is useless since main character do not talk and only seen in mirror.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Ghosts4ever

@jg4xchamp said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@jv303 said:

Perfect Dark?

Portal?

Metroid freaking Prime?

Yeah man, Kate Archer really stopped No One Lives Forever from being a good video game.

NOLF is comicy game. its not some kind of badass, old school shooter or immersive sim. its more like goldeneye and perfect dark and i didnot like nolf at all too. FEAR was best monolith game by far.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts
@jg4xchamp said:
@kod said:

So im going to stay out of this conversation as a whole, because i really dont care and it seems like a fairly stupid argument for "both sides". But i will say that no matter how much they push these things, 90% of the SW consumer base is white males.

What elite google skills are you using to get 90%?

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/star-wars-force-awakens-box-office-records-1201665753/

When 58% of the of the record breaking box office launch are male (not just white males, males period), the odds of 90% of the Star Wars consumer base is white males, is highly unlikely, by the rules, well math. Unless you mean system wars, which nothing should ever be designed with the demographic of system wars in mind, so I'm gonna assume that one is off the table.

Right, and whats the percentage of that 42% of women who are buying them for children over themselves? Im betting that is a much higher percentage than males.

But, im really just referencing SW as a whole franchise. Books. Comics. Action figures. video games, etc. Which actually make up the majority of SW sales and to put this in perspective for you, in 2015 Disney made 2 Billion off the force awakens, but a total of 18 billion off the star wars franchise.

Maybe 90% was a bit of an older number, but im willing to bet its not below 80 or 85% even after Disney has been doing what they've been doing. I dislike posting a Breitbart link but whatever, its about KK and Disney and their very vocal intentions and why (which is what you should pay attention to) they are creating so many female leads (in short, its simply an attempt to expand the consumer base). Again, i really dont give a shit about this. As long as its a good story and sticks with established Star Wars, im okay with it but i do understand some irritation with it, but not the lengths either "side" goes to.

https://www.quantcast.com/blog/the-fans-behind-the-force/

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/star-wars-the-force-awakens-ticket-sales-breakdown-gender-average-age-1201625277/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/04/07/disney-strong-empowered-female-star-wars-purposeful/

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 jg4xchamp

@Quicksilver128 said:

@jg4xchamp: lol my turn.

Watch Dogs 2-Black dude

Mafia 3-Black dude

Halo 5-Black dude(not even the MC is safe)

Tomb Raider- Female

Crackdown-Black dude

Infamous SS-Native American

Horizon-Female

Uncharted Lost legacy- female

Nier Automata-female

Gravity Rush-female

SW:BF2- female

TLOU2- female

Heavens Blade- female

Prey - Dude looks Asian not white

(Edit) heroes name is Morgan Yu so no he's not white.

Hell they can't even make a Overwatch character that isn't female lmao. And your examples prove my point almost every white male lead were already established heroes. Not even those are safe anymore though. ND went on record saying Nathan Drake will never be in another game. Joel from TLOU is no longer the lead. Master chief couldn't even stay the lead in his game(and sales suffered for it). Dishonored 2 doesn't help your case because Corvo was already the hero and they added a female. It's easy to spot an agenda when its being pushed. Just don't act like its not happening.

Considering my group is just white dude, and your group is women, black dude, native american, and ignores that

TLOU - one of the main characters is white, in fact it's a sequel to a game where you mostly played a white dude.
Lost Legacy is an expansion to a mainline entry whose star is a white dude

On top of you know, you needing to lump more than just last year (2015 had The Order, Solid Snake in MGSV, Geralt of Rivia, Batman, the main character of Dying Light, Mad Max, BJ from Wolfenstein), um yeah Overwatch has Soldier76 and Mcree as far as white dudes, Reinhardt is a white dude. I'd still say you would be fishing with this narrative of "You rarely see any white males cast in big budget games anymore" would still be false, objectively.

And what "agenda"the one where we should aim for a more diverse offering than just sticking to the white dude default? Because you relate to it more, but if the default changes to another demographic, that's clearly a problem, because you have no concept of understanding how everyone who isn't white would effectively feel similar? You understand that's you being a hypocrite right?

@kod said:

Im referencing SW as a whole franchise. Books. Comics. Action figures. video games, etc. Which actually make up the majority of SW sales.

Again, you would need to actually show some form of evidence of that percentage. And it's a film franchise that sells to millions mate, the extended fiction doesn't come close to having that large of a fanbase, ditto the video games if we're being honest, which would still mean there is a good chunk of the Star Wars consumer base that isn't 90% white dudes.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By KOD

@jg4xchamp said:

@kod said:

Im referencing SW as a whole franchise. Books. Comics. Action figures. video games, etc. Which actually make up the majority of SW sales.

Again, you would need to actually show some form of evidence of that percentage. And it's a film franchise that sells to millions mate, the extended fiction doesn't come close to having that large of a fanbase, ditto the video games if we're being honest, which would still mean there is a good chunk of the Star Wars consumer base that isn't 90% white dudes.

I suggest you check my edit. Which before the edit i did include a link that is the closest we will come to a study specifically on star wars and this subject. You dont seem to be very in touch with these numbers or how big star wars is as a franchise. Again, just check my edit.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 jg4xchamp
@kod said:
@jg4xchamp said:

I suggest you check my edit. Which before the edit i did include a link that is the closest we will come to a study specifically on stars wars and this subject. You dont seem to be very in touch with these numbers or how big star wars is as a franchise. Again, just check my edit.

I know that Star Wars episode 7 made 2 billion dollars at the box office, and to reach that number, that means the movie sells waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay the **** more than any other form of media they sell (books, comics, games), because that's how large a movie going audience is. So even if I bought your links at face value, which again 90% or even 80% doesn't work when the 2nd link says the following

"Movio found that 70% of ticker-buyers were males between 18 and 49 years of age, with an average age of 34."

Either way that's dismissing 30% of a pretty huge pie, and in the case of the first link. It doesn't even give a percentage.

So either way we slice this, 80% of the Star Wars consumer probably not white dudes, and it would be foolish of them to not try a female lead or something because given how many women they can get to watch a Star Wars movie, and given that Episode 7 is already proven to be successful with a woman for a lead.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Quicksilver128

@jg4xchamp: I don't have to lump them together I can do just females if you like? Tlou and Uncharted are perfect examples of my point. Both white male heroes in those series are being retired for females. You named three white men in the entire cast of Overwatch? Isn't that odd when 70% of there audience is white men? And the sad thing is your examples destroy your argument. Lets go over every game you listed. Geralt of Rivea is most likely never going to be in another game. Batman and Mad Max are established characters from other universes. Snake is a legend that has been around over 20 years(will also most likely never be in another game). The guy from Wolfenstein is white? Oh wow you mean a game where you kill Nazis is a white guy? Sweet...

Now lets go over females leads just in the past year or games yet to be released.

Nier Automata

Tomb Raider

Gravity Rush 2

UC:LL

TLOU 2

Recore

Infamous:FL

Heavens Blade

Life is Strange

SW:BF2

Bayonetta:2

Beyond 2 souls

Factually there have been more woman cast then men in AAA games in the past year which is odd when 90% of your audience is men.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Quicksilver128: no one is making you play those games if you're that insecure. Personally, I'm glad when I get to play as something other than another boring, generic white dude meant to pander to boring generic white people.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@Quicksilver128: Why can't the landscape of video games shift to be more inclusive to a wider audience of people? Video game heroes have been designed in preference for men for generations, that's why it has primary appeal to men. There's no reason we can't see more inclusive video games now, is there?

Why perpetuate exclusion just because this exclusion exists?

Video games is an entertainment medium. It's not for one particular class of people and if the medium is going to take itself seriously as a narrative medium, then it needs to mature.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By KOD

@jg4xchamp said:

I know that Star Wars episode 7 made 2 billion dollars at the box office, and to reach that number, that means the movie sells waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay the **** more than any other form of media they sell (books, comics, games), because that's how large a movie going audience is. So even if I bought your links at face value, which again 90% or even 80% doesn't work when the 2nd link says the following

So.... do you like see something and then just stop reading? Did you completely miss the part where i went on to say that Disney made 18 billion dollars total off SW and the movie accounted for 2 of that?

Now im not going to get in a little spat with you about this, we've seen these numbers before when LF released them years ago, and im sure theyve changed a bit with Disney and their new marketing. And hey, good for them if they are actually getting more women into star wars. But the fact is the majority of the SW fan base and consumer base is male. In america, white. Im sure in Mexico, Mexican males. Im sure in Japan, Japanese males. If you go to star wars celebration, youll see 1 female for every 20 males. If you look for people with novel collections, comic collections, figure collection, male. Even fan fiction, a space typically more dominate female, with star wars is male (https://www.fanfiction.net/movie/Star-Wars/).

You know, you dont have to take my word for any of this, just look up Kathleen Kennedy and her reasoning behind doing what they have done at Disney with SW. There are plenty of interviews she has done where she mentions their own market research and how it is absolutely, unquestionably dominated by the white male consumer, which is why she has attempted to get SW to expand outward. You know... you cant recognize that these things are happening without recognizing the reason for it happening. Maybe you should ask yourself why she said she did not need to cater to male star wars fans..... lets do a little bit of critical thinking here (or you can simply look it up)....

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Quicksilver128

@jumpaction: There is a difference between being inclusive and needlessly shoving an agenda in your face. Disney had female stars throughout its entire library in the 90s. It would have been nice if Star Wars could have been something different.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@Quicksilver128: Do you find the idea of cheering for a protagonist a different gender that difficult?

I mean can you not empathise if they are a different gender to you?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 mems_1224

@Quicksilver128 said:

@mems_1224: Its not about insecurity. If you liked to play with barbie dolls as a child that's your thing it just doesn't interest me.

huh? no sure what barbie dolls have to do with anything. you have some real deep seeded mommy issues bro.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#122 jv303
Member since 2014 • 545 Posts

@Quicksilver128: My sister is in the Navy, and I've a friend (female) in the Army. They're both deployed right now.

Y'know, just being cringeworthy to little snowflake man-babies like you.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#123  Edited By deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

The Only Problems I have with this Female protagonist are:

1.The Empire Only recruited only Men as troopers before the end of Episode 6.

2. And we already have 2+1(upcoming) SW movies from 2015-2017 with female protagonists. it is getting Tiresome to just have female protagonists.(And Ezra from Rebels isn't a great protagonist)

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Quicksilver128

@jumpaction: Absolutely I can cheer for them but sometimes their roles are laughably unrealistic to me. I also don't prefer to play as them in action games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@Quicksilver128: video games are quite inherently unrealistic with characters of all shapes and sizes performing feats that we'll exaggerate the capabilities of a human being.

What does it matter if a woman is an action hero when Geralt can swim across oceans like he was Michael Phelps whos baby bottle contained steroids. :P

Video games are not realistic. Are you telling me a female boxer or MMA fighter could not make for an actin hero in the same medium where a man of Link's body type is? The chap has 0 muscle.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56128 Posts

Honestly, this trailer got me way more hyped than the Last Jedi trailer did.

Will buy this since I for one actually enjoy Battlefront on PC.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts

Trailer looked cool but still no interest at all. After playing the first one and seeing how it was handled I'll pass.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Quicksilver128

@jumpaction: Except Geralt is a geneticly enhanced freak. He does things humans can't do so at least it becomes feasable in the universe since those rules were set in place by the fiction that was created.

Now explain to me how a female all of a sudden leads a elite group of storm troopers when there has never been a female storm trooper? I guess it makes as much sense as a newbie to the force wrecking a Sith Lord eventhough she had no training. The reasons all the same... GIRLPOWER and INCLUSIVENESS!

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 jv303

@Quicksilver128: "I don't need a beta male telling me..."

I'm a woman, you fragile little thing.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 mems_1224

@Quicksilver128 said:

@mems_1224: In saying you most likely played with Barbie dolls. Hence why you prefer to play as females. And no I consider my mother to be one of the most important people in my life.

I don't prefer to play as females. I just don't have a problem with it like you seem to. Judging by your attitudes towards women she did a terrible job

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@Quicksilver128: coming from someone who has read the books, Geralt has been exhausted doing less than what they make him capable of doing in the games. :P it's video game logic.

Regardless of the continuity of Star Wars, it's still not a realstic fiction. You have hairy monsters who can't speak and green little alien who is widely regarded as a masters.

Again if Link can be an action hero capable of Super human talents with his lack oh physique why can't a woman?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#134 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

This Forum has gone to Hell.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 Quicksilver128

@jv303: Well at least its understandable you have that point of view on this issue. I hope you enjoy this game its catered to you.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 jv303

@Quicksilver128: It's for anyone who can handle someone that doesn't look like them in a freaking video game.

It's for real men.

It's not for you.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Quicksilver128

@mems_1224: Please tell me what my attitude towards woman is? Outside if them being inferior in roles of combat I haven't said anything. That may make you emotional but it's a fact. Woman do many things better then men but combat isn't one of them.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#138 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69524 Posts

@Quicksilver128: I heard a rumor that Star Wars is not real and that people can write things into existence in this fake world but I don't know how true that is. I also heard that loosergate is dead.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 mems_1224

@Quicksilver128 said:

@mems_1224: Please tell me what my attitude toward woman is? Outside if them being inferior in roles of combat I haven't said anything. That may make you emotional but it's a fact. Woman do many things better then men but combat isn't one of them.

Sounds like you're the emotional one bro if you're so offended by a woman being in a video game. I just find your ignorance and insecurities hilarious.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Quicksilver128

@jv303: SW:BF is for real men? Lolz quote of the day!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@Pedro: haha I like that one. ;) +5 points for you.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Quicksilver128

@mems_1224: Don't find it offensive at all just cases of needless pandering.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 mems_1224

@Quicksilver128 said:

@mems_1224: Don't find it offensive

your posts in this thread contradict that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#144  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69524 Posts

@Quicksilver128: Exactly, game devs pandering to guys is the only acceptable behavior and like man babies we cry when others are pandered to.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 jv303

As a woman, I've played WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more games with dude avatars than those with lady avatars or characters. I continue to.

Hell, I even chose male Ryder in Mass Effect.

This is what happens when men are the automatic default, sensitive MRA's notice the female characters because they're different.

If it threatens your masculinity, you have much bigger (smaller?) problems than a video game.

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Quicksilver128

@jumpaction: In the world the games created he slays massive griffins and rock monsters. They go to length to explain how this is possible. Its not that I dislike female characters. Yennefer for an example is an awesome female character. She's extremely powerful and the worlds fiction has created a reason for why that is.

So tell me. How is an ordinary female the lead of an elite group of storm troopers? I mean considering they have never been storm troopers that's a bit odd? At least explain it within your realm of fiction so it doesn't look like needless pandering.

And link for an example is a hero constantly reincarnated by the tri-force. So he basically has the power of gods. Do you see me bitching about Samus? No she has a super powered suite. Even Nintendo can create more feasable fiction

Quicksilver128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Quicksilver128

@Pedro: A male lead in a action game isn't pandering. Putting something in against all logic to cater to someone is Pandering. If I make a white man a master Samurai and don't explain how it happens that would be pandering.

Its hard to have this argument with someone who doesn't even know what pandering means.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@Quicksilver128: the tri force of courage. Courage. :P

It doesn't give him super human abilities. It never has. Wind Waker Link can lift and swing swords twice his size and only with the use of magical power bracelets an he lift boulders. Yet another Link can walk under the ocean with iron boots on. It's absolutely inconsistent because it's a video game. An unrealistic video game.

Do your statements not discourage your argument? Star Wars cannot break it's continuity for a wOman but The Witcher can? Again, Geralt is not nearly as talented in the books as he is in the games.

Video games have exaggerated human beings capable of doing impossible feats. Who cares how big, small, old or young they are. It's total nonsense all the same.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Those hyping the campaign, remember who's making the game. They have never learned how to make one.