SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#251 SupraGT
Member since 2003 • 8150 Posts

Wouldn't this hurt Activision/Blizzards profit. Instead of gaining sales on cross platforms, now they will be stuck with Xbox. It will also contract the player base. Cows will always stick to PS5. They just wont be playing those games now.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#252 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6865 Posts

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:
@Pedro said:

@silentchief: Don't fight your own words. "And Microsoft has closed more studios then it has kept open."😎

Yep. Closed 5 , kept 3 open and the other two that stayed open went independent. Simple math really.

You are incorrect. MS had more than 3 studios open during in 2018. Owned again.😂🤣 Your words. "And Microsoft has closed more studios then it has kept open."

You keep owning yourself. 😄 I specifically mentioned " studios they acquired" .

Of the studios they acquired they closed 5 kept 3 and let two go. That was until their recent buying spree that started in 2019.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#253 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69467 Posts

@silentchief said:

You keep owning yourself. 😄 I specifically mentioned " studios they acquired" .

Of the studios they acquired they closed 5 kept 3 and let two go. That was until their recent buying spree that started in 2019.

Your quote ""And Microsoft has closed more studios then it has kept open." 😂 Show me where in that quote you stated acquired?🤣

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 Silentchief

@Pedro:

@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:
@silentchief said:

@x_hedon:

What I said is 100% true. Sony buys existing developers year round, every year. Sadly, Sony tends to close their studios fast.

MS has improved nearly every single studio they have acquired.

It's not actually. Especially the part about MS improving studios.

And Microsoft has closed more studios then it has kept open.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign.com/articles/2018/06/11/e3-2018-heres-what-happened-to-every-studio-microsoft-has-bought%3famp=1

The few that have kept open.. either asked to be sold and were released( bungie) or are shells of their former selves.( Rare).

Hopefully that trend will break with the more recent purchases.

You can "compare" all day. But that doesn't take away from the fact that Sony nearly 100% of the time buys out developers. It also doesn't take away from the fact the numerous studios Sony has closed after acquiring.

With any luck, Sony will stop acquiring developers and make their own studios instead. AND hopefully Sony stops closing out studios all the time.

I can compare all day because it kills your narrative. Sony has improved more studios then it has closed. MS has literally closed " MOST" of the studios it had acquired up until 2019.

Here is the entire conversation. You were so desperate for that " gottcha" you didn't read the claim. Follow along next time.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 Pedro

@silentchief: Your quote ""And Microsoft has closed more studios then it has kept open." 😂 That statement is false. No context would make that claim correct. Nice try though.😎

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#257  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts
@Pedro said:

That would be weird if they are acquired by Amazon or Google but it will also be the death of PlayStation if that transpires.

Sony cannot be acquired by Amazon/Google/Microsoft for two reasons:

Firstly, Japanese laws prevent foreign buyouts of major Japanese corporations.

Secondly, Amazon/Google/Microsoft cannot afford to buy Sony's assets...

Total assets:

• Amazon - $321 billion
  • Alphabet Inc. (Google owner) - $320 billion
  • Microsoft - $301 billion
  • Sony - $238 billion
PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts
@Jag85 said:
@Pedro said:

That would be weird if they are acquired by Amazon or Google but it will also be the death of PlayStation if that transpires.

Total assets:

• Amazon - $321 billion
  • Sony - $238 billion

They probably won't buy Sony not because of their assets but because of their huge debt. Sony has almost 200B in debt hence they are only worth 150B or so.

All the tech giants can comfortably acquire Sony if they want to with a cash + equity deal. Sony shareholders will trip themselves over to exchange their shares in favor of Alphabet/Amazon/MS/Apple's. Tech giants won't acquire Sony also because none of them will be willing to pay for all of Sony because they have no use for it. At best they may want to acquire PS and Sony pictures/Music but that's about it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 Pedro

@Jag85 said:
@Pedro said:

Total assets:

• Amazon - $321 billion
  • Sony - $238 billion

People keep stating that Japanese law the forbids foreign investments. Can you provide a link that refers to this law?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#260 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12952 Posts

@silentchief: you just rekt yourself. Twice. 😂

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#261 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Jag85 said:
@Pedro said:

Total assets:

• Amazon - $321 billion
  • Sony - $238 billion

People keep stating that Japanese law the forbids foreign investments. Can you provide a link that refers to this law?

They don't forbid completely, but put a limit on how much foreign investment is allowed, between 10% and 50% depending on the industry. Just look up "Japan foreign ownership limit" on Google.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Silentchief

@x_hedon said:

I just posted basic facts that are true😄

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By Silentchief
@Pedro said:

@silentchief: Your quote ""And Microsoft has closed more studios then it has kept open." 😂 That statement is false. No context would make that claim correct. Nice try though.😎

Except the context that i put it in which is 100% true. 😄 I specifically mentioned acquisitions in a thread about acquisitions. Give it up for **** sake.

sonic_spark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#264 sonic_spark
Member since 2003 • 6195 Posts

@mysticaldonut said:

Bethesda and Activision games won't sell enough on Xbox/PC alone to justify the $80 billion they spent. The games will still come to PS consoles to recoup losses.

In the short term, I can see MS keeping games on PS5. But Microsoft has more than enough capability to carry that debt load. This was a power play by Microsoft, more so than an investment strategy if you ask me.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

@sonic_spark said:
@mysticaldonut said:

Bethesda and Activision games won't sell enough on Xbox/PC alone to justify the $80 billion they spent. The games will still come to PS consoles to recoup losses.

In the short term, I can see MS keeping games on PS5. But Microsoft has more than enough capability to carry that debt load. This was a power play by Microsoft, more so than an investment strategy if you ask me.

Also, I've read that Sony actually has deals with Activision that last until 2025 or beyond, so even if MS wanted to go fully exclusive with Activision IPs they won't be able to for several years.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266 KvallyX

@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:

Weird. I posted basic facts that are true. I guess we have that in common!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267  Edited By Pedro

@silentchief said:
@Pedro said:

Except the context that i put it in which is 100% true. 😄 I specifically mentioned acquisitions in a thread about acquisitions. Give it up for **** sake.

As stated before. NO context would make your statement true. It is simply false. Don't blame me for your poor and incorrect choice of words. 😎

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#268 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

@mysticaldonut: That would be quite fortunate because losing COD without viable replacements will / would be tough.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By Silentchief
@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:
@Pedro said:

As stated before. NO context would make your statement true. It is simply false. Don't blame me for your poor and incorrect choice of words. 😎

It is true. I will just blame your shitty reading comprehension and your ability to ignore a quote chain.🤣

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270  Edited By Silentchief
@x_hedon said:
@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:

No you haven't. You put Sony and Microsoft on equal ground when it comes to what they have done with studios? Microsoft doesn't have a single elite studio at this point. What's the best they have at this point? Playground whos stuck making Forza?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271  Edited By KvallyX

@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:
@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:

No you haven't. You put Sony and Microsoft on equal ground when it comes to what they have done with studios? Microsoft doesn't have a single elite studio at this point. What's the best they have at this point? Playground whos stuck making Forza?

Why did you just post an entire paragraph of BS?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Silentchief

@x_hedon said:
@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:
@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:

I just called you out on your bullshit. If Microsoft's studios were already elite they wouldn't have spent 80 billion dollars the past two years buying everyone.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 KvallyX

@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:
@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:
@silentchief said:

I just called you out on your bullshit. If Microsoft's studios were already elite they wouldn't have spent 80 billion dollars the past two years buying everyone.

You clearly are salty. So you spout out lies, and act all salty because Sony is in panic mode? Who cares. I am glad I get to enjoy ALL the games on my PS5 and XSX. It wouldn't matter to me who bought what game. I get to play them ALL.

MOOve over to our side.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274  Edited By Silentchief

@x_hedon said:
@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:
@silentchief said:
@x_hedon said:

You clearly are salty. So you spout out lies, and act all salty because Sony is in panic mode? Who cares. I am glad I get to enjoy ALL the games on my PS5 and XSX. It wouldn't matter to me who bought what game. I get to play them ALL.

MOOve over to our side.

Nothing i said was a lie. Sony didn't make the desperation purchase here MS did. If this doesn't matter to you then you are failing to see the big picture . I own a One X and will probably buy a XSX at some point so this doesn't bother me. But what stops google from buying Ubisoft and EA and making them exclusive to stadia? Or facebook swooping in to buy Capcom and making their shit exclusive to the Meta platform? MS has set the standard here and it could be a shitshow.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8057 Posts
@silentchief said:

But what stops google from buying Ubisoft and EA and making them exclusive to stadia? Or facebook swooping in to buy Capcom and making their shit exclusive to the Meta platform? MS has set the standard here and it could be a shitshow.

Nothing is stopping any of those companies from buying anyone.. purchasing studios isn't some concept that Microsoft invented though.. if Sony had Google or Microsoft money, they would have done the same thing..

And Activision Blizzard leadership and key ownership wanted to sell and was shopping itself around. They actually approached Microsoft to be bought.. and if Microsoft didn't buy them, maybe Google or Amazon would have.. the only difference is that Sony can't play the game at that level..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Pedro

@silentchief said:

It is true. I will just blame your shitty reading comprehension and your ability to ignore a quote chain.🤣

Don't blame me for your inability to use the English language effectively. 😎 BTW you claim is still wrong.😂

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277  Edited By Silentchief

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

Don't blame me for your inability to use the English language effectively. 😎 BTW you claim is still wrong.😂

No you have shitty reading comprehension.. that's a fact. 😄 Much like the other facts i dropped on you.

Up until 2019 MS closed more studios then it kept open in reference to the studios they acquired. Cover for that shitshow all you want. It doesn't change facts.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278 Silentchief
@Antwan3K said:
@silentchief said:

But what stops google from buying Ubisoft and EA and making them exclusive to stadia? Or facebook swooping in to buy Capcom and making their shit exclusive to the Meta platform? MS has set the standard here and it could be a shitshow.

Nothing is stopping any of those companies from buying anyone.. purchasing studios isn't some concept that Microsoft invented though.. if Sony had Google or Microsoft money, they would have done the same thing..

And Activision Blizzard leadership and key ownership wanted to sell and was shopping itself around. They actually approached Microsoft to be bought.. and if Microsoft didn't buy them, maybe Google or Amazon would have.. the only difference is that Sony can't play the game at that level..

Play the game at what level? MS has got their ass kicked for two decades. Google and Amazon's attempt at gaming has been an absolute disaster. Shitty companies buying other shitty companies is nothing to gloat about. It will actually just make the industry worse.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Pedro

@silentchief said:

No you have shitty reading comprehension.. that's a fact. 😄 Much like the other facts i dropped on you.

Up until 2019 MS closed more studios then it kept open in reference to the studios they acquired. Cover for that shitshow all you want. It doesn't change facts.

Now you are rewording all because your original comment was FALSE.😂

"And Microsoft has closed more studios then it has kept open."🤣

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280  Edited By Silentchief

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

Now you are rewording all because your original comment was FALSE.😂

"And Microsoft has closed more studios then it has kept open."🤣

I'm not rewording anything. You can't seem to follow a quote chain even though i posted the entire conversation for you. 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 Pedro

@silentchief said:

I'm not rewording anything. You can't seem to follow a quote chain even though i posted the entire conversation for you. 🤣

"And Microsoft has closed more studios then it has kept open."

"Up until 2019 MS closed more studios then it kept open in reference to the studios they acquired."

"I'm not rewording anything."

Simply gold.😂🤣

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 Silentchief

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

"And Microsoft has closed more studios then it has kept open."

"Up until 2019 MS closed more studios then it kept open in reference to the studios they acquired."

"I'm not rewording anything."

Simply gold.😂🤣

Read the quote chain genius. 😄

You singled out a quote and ignored what i was referring to.

John_Connor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283 John_Connor
Member since 2021 • 98 Posts

Listen, I'm a PC gamer primarily.

Microsoft is playing the long game here.

They are going to slowly choke Sony out of the industry.

Enjoy the time you have left with "Strong Sony" Sony fans. They have just had their ribs cracked by a crushing blow.

The beatdown is going to continue to get worse and worse for years until somewhere next gen and you realize your former hero Sony is fading away like the Dreamcast.

This is the fate that has befallen you.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8057 Posts
@silentchief said:
@Antwan3K said:
@silentchief said:

[...]

Play the game at what level? [...]

at the monetary level.. Sony can't spend money on same the level as Microsoft, Google, or Amazon..

if they could, do you think they'd turn down a deal to buy Activision/Blizzard out of the kindness of their hearts?..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 Pedro

@silentchief said:

Read the quote chain genius. 😄

You singled out a quote and ignored what i was referring to.

Doesn't change the fact that it is an incorrect claim. You even realize this, thus the reason for rewording it.😎