robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7231 Posts

Sony just need to focus on releasing quality games. Ms are just buying there way to add quality to gamepass. It's only at 25 million with over 50 million Xbox one's and 10 plus series consoles.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#102 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69448 Posts

@sheep99 said:

@Pedro: we will see it’s just to early to tell i just don’t like subscription services but i know gaming is heading that way and if people care about own physical copy of games stick with ps2 ps1 pretty much every generation that didn’t require updates or online for games,

The only time we should be concerned about subscription services is when the games can only be accessed via subscription. I don't see any signs leading to that and I hope that remains true indefinitely.

Gamers who cared about physical copies should have pushed for more modern physical medium than crappy optical storage.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

@Pedro: If they wanna get that PC market share from MS, they would have to do so. PS5 release same day as PS5 console still won't hurt the brand since not everyone is into PC gamimg.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Pedro

@davillain said:

@Pedro: If they wanna get that PC market share from MS, they would have to do so. PS5 release same day as PS5 console still won't hurt the brand since not everyone is into PC gamimg.

Hopefully they realize this sooner rather than later. This move should accelerate that realization. There are more PCs that can run PS5 games than there are PS5s. It would be rather short sighted to miss out on that opportunity.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1391 Posts

OP SAID these acquisition need to stop and are bad for industry but than says sony is in panic mode because of them. BRO I DONT LKIET HIS GUY I DONT LIKE PEDRO.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

for sure the cows here are already in denial, but sony headquarters is probably full on melt down right about now.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#108 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

@robert_sparkes:

@robert_sparkes said:

Sony just need to focus on releasing quality games. Ms are just buying there way to add quality to gamepass. It's only at 25 million with over 50 million Xbox one's and 10 plus series consoles.

This exactly. If Sony has to play out of the Nintendo Playbook then that's what they are going to have to do. Keep releasing banger exclusives, release them on PC at least a year after for extra revenue, flesh out PS Plus. Rumors are they will combine PS Plus and PS Now into one service with different tiers. One tier having access to PS1, PS2, and PS3 games.

And I would be talking with Take 2, EA, Konami, Sega, and Square Enix asap.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#109  Edited By brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I was kinda hoping Xbox was going to purchase EA or Ubisoft. But still a great buy MS did.

adsparky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#110  Edited By adsparky
Member since 2006 • 2564 Posts

This acquistion isn't only bad for Sony, this is bad for the industry as a whole, hopefully this situation they're currently in with the PS5 becomes a wake up slap for them like what happened with the PS3 back in the day.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts

Lol if Sony releases their games day 1 on PC, there's no point having a PS or Xbox

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#112  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

At this point they need a Bill Cosby room.

lilhurk1985187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#113  Edited By lilhurk1985187
Member since 2014 • 571 Posts

@mysticaldonut: No they wont.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@regnaston: is this company finance wars now? Seems like it. Keep bragging about Microsofts money they made from the Windows days while dwelling in the basement. You're winning.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@blessedbyhorus said:

I don't like large industry consolidation but some of us are overacting. Sony will be fine. Yes this is HUGE but I feel Sony will respond.

Sony can respond and be fine in the immediate future. They need to completely overhaul their approach if they want to be competitive in the long term, though. If they try to sell a $500 PS6 next gen and compete against a $15 per month streaming service that doesn't even require a console, has Halo, Gears, Forza, Elder Scrolls, Call of Duty, Doom, Diablo, etc all available day 1 and all exclusive to the service, they are doomed. You could subscribe for nearly 3 years before you match the cost of the console, and that doesn't even take into account that you would have to buy games and pay for PS+ on Sony's console.

I think Microsoft is acting now because they know from looking at video streaming services that 3rd party companies are going to figure out that once streaming becomes feasible, they don't need Microsoft's platform when they can create their own. Microsoft needs to be building inventory now and they are acting on that need. Sony needs to do the same, but they can't even get their act together enough to make PS Now a worthwhile subscription.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#117 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@regnaston: is this company finance wars now? Seems like it. Keep bragging about Microsofts money they made from the Windows days while dwelling in the basement. You're winning.

Care to actually quote what you are referring to instead of leaving me guessing of what post you are commenting on, or would you rather just rant on aimlessly like a lunatic?

FWIW I never brought up finances, others did, I was replying to them. As for my post with the screen shot of Sony's market cap, that was a joke (hence the smiley faces I put in there).

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8046 Posts
@PurpleMan5000 said:

If they try to sell a $500 PS6 next gen and compete against a $15 per month streaming service that doesn't even require a console, has Halo, Gears, Forza, Elder Scrolls, Call of Duty, Doom, Diablo, etc all available day 1 and all exclusive to the service, they are doomed.

exactly.. this is the longterm vision that some of these short-sighted console warriors aren't getting.. once game streaming is good enough and accessible enough for casual gaming, "console sales" metrics will be as useless for gaming as "Bluray player sales" are for movies..

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By SargentD  Online
Member since 2020 • 8208 Posts

@Antwan3K: been saying this about streaming here for the last 2 years and the response is always "lol streaming".

The next 5 years is going to change this whole industry, people won't care if the Nvidia card is 10,000 dollars because they will be playing new releases on potatoe PCs.

That's where the industry is going but some just don't want to believe it, MS will be ready and Sony won't even be close if they don't start making some major moves soon

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 PurpleMan5000

Sony realistically could counter this by buying EA. If they can't afford that, they could try to merge with them. It's the only way they will have EA games on their service 10 years from now (I say service because I don't believe there will be consoles). Any major third party should be viewed as the competition by both Microsoft and Sony at this point. EA and Ubisoft already have their own storefronts with game services. To think they won't move that over to an exclusive streaming platform as soon as the technology is ready is foolish. Major AAA publishers will not continue to make games for Sony and Microsoft's platforms when they can sell them directly and cut out the middle man.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Lol why would Sony be in Panic mode? It’s not like MS wants to lose money after spending 70bill on a company . Lems alone isn’t going to get back MS their money that just spent lol. Especially when the Xbox numbers are always low each gen

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#122 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8853 Posts

@mysticaldonut said:
@Antwan3K said:
@mysticaldonut said:

Bethesda and Activision games won't sell enough on Xbox/PC alone to justify the $80 billion they spent. The games will still come to PS consoles to recoup losses.

which upcoming Bethesda games do you believe are coming to PlayStation?.

Elder Scrolls 6, Starfield, Redfall, pretty much all of them.

Maybe not day one release but they will come eventually.

HUH??? Wow. That's some serious denial.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#123 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

Buying EA wouldn't be that useful considering the majority of their money comes from sports games which have licenses attached to them and will undoubtedly be required to be multiplatform.

It would be great for the PlayStation business perhaps in general but not, for being used against the competition.

Someone like Square Enix, Warner Bros, Capcom or Ubisoft would be better choices.

That being said, I freaking hate the idea of consolidating publishers but it's more and more likely that PlayStation needs to make that kinda of move at this point. It's beyond ridiculous what Microsoft is doing.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@Sagemode87: you're still here? I thought you went into hiding like the rest of the cows.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#125 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8853 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
@xantufrog said:

@SolidGame_basic: if Sony doesn't adapt, their current successes may become "accumulating failures". The DC was great hardware and great games too...

MS is curb stomping them in services

MS is pulling out the rug from under them on major "third party" IPs

MS has the more powerful hardware

MS has more features in its hardware

MS also has a more diverse hardware portfolio which has allowed them to sell (the S) despite the supply constraints affecting the X and PS5 to a greater degree

MS also has found a way to undercut them on cost for both games and hardware (for the time being)

Lastly but most importantly: MS is years ahead of Sony in embracing and integrating with PC - expanding their customer base dramatically.

Just step back for a moment - this is a serious list of "accumulating failures" PS is looking at. It really is. PS has an iron core of top tier IP and studios behind them, but again, DC had great exclusive games too and a dedicated fanbase.

Sony has to be reeling a bit here. The just have to. I hope they adapt

MS curb stomping them in service? Um, last time I checked, PS+ has over 50 million subscribers.

MS is pulling out the rug from under them on major "third party" IPs what exactly has MS gotten so far? Nothing. You don't even know if COD games are not coming to Playstation. Meanwhile Sony has had FF7 Remake for 2 years, and still no confirmation of an Xbox version. Xbox is also not getting Forspoken for a while.

MS has the more powerful hardware as someone who has both consoles, I have yet to see a clear advantage. Maybe you need to actually, you know, play consoles?

MS also has a more diverse hardware portfolio which has allowed them to sell (the S) despite the supply constraints affecting the X and PS5 to a greater degree Microsoft discontinued the Xbox One so naturally people who wanted one will gravitate to the Series S. Meanwhile Sony continues to sell the PS4 and also just announced PS VR 2. AWhere's Xbox VR machine? Also, Sony has a digital only version of the PS5 and for $100 more, it's way better than the Series S.

MS also has found a way to undercut them on cost for both games and hardware (for the time being) there has been no proof that MS is making money on Gamepass.

Lastly but most importantly: MS is years ahead of Sony in embracing and integrating with PC - expanding their customer base dramatically. great, you like PC, we all know. they've been releasing their games on PC for years now, why is Playstation still successful then?

Just step back for a moment - this is a serious list of "accumulating failures" PS is looking at. It really is. PS has an iron core of top tier IP and studios behind them, but again, DC had great exclusive games too and a dedicated fanbase. we all know you're not a Sony person, but equating them to Dreamcast just doesn't make sense at all. The Dreamcast sold 9 million units and lasted for a couple years.

PS+ <> Game Pass. You know better.

FF7 remake <<< Elder Scrolls 6 and Starfield

Sony was forced to make the PS4 for at least 1 more calendar year. That means that Sony's true "next gen" won't start until 2024. Not making an "S" version was a huge blunder for Sony.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@mesome713: sure they deserve it. They only released the most industry shaking exclusives the last 10 years, but go on. Microsoft had to buy their way into relevancy. Keep cheering when Gamepass is 50 bucks a month.

Yeah anyone celebrating this acquisition in any way is a complete and total idiot. Gaming is about to get a lot worse

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#127 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts

I wouldn't consider Sony worried, but for those who play COD, then yes, i can imagine they would be concerened. However, someone did say that games like COD generate a lot of money, so i can't really see it being an Xbox exclusive and if it is, i can imagine it would be either times or DLC exclusive only.

For me personally, MS buying Activision is barely a scratch. I would hope MS would end the yearly cash grab with COD as its just like Fifa being realesed every year. Between Activision and Bethesda, Bethesda was a massive blow, however, as i have a PC, it's not that bad as i still have another means to play a certain game if its not on the PS. It will be interesting to see what happens though but i'm pretty sure COD will still be on PS, but anything extra will either be timed exclusive or just exclusive for the Xbox and PC.

sheep99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By sheep99
Member since 2020 • 1254 Posts

@Pedro: that is going to happen only way to play is to subscriber and micro transactions, games will be shorter and come in episodes i see a lot of negative stuff happening

John_Connor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By John_Connor
Member since 2021 • 98 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

Wow, Cows are raging today :D

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Pedro

@sheep99 said:

@Pedro: that is going to happen only way to play is to subscriber and micro transactions, games will be shorter and come in episodes i see a lot of negative stuff happening

There is currently no evidence of this.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By SargentD  Online
Member since 2020 • 8208 Posts

@Pedro: blizzard was already getting wrecked by MTX look at wow 😂 and COD through Activision. Funny as shit seeing somebody say MS buying them means MTX lol

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#132 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

@mazuiface said:
@Sagemode87 said:

@mesome713: sure they deserve it. They only released the most industry shaking exclusives the last 10 years, but go on. Microsoft had to buy their way into relevancy. Keep cheering when Gamepass is 50 bucks a month.

Yeah anyone celebrating this acquisition in any way is a complete and total idiot. Gaming is about to get a lot worse

I thought that being a tribalist is idiocy by itself. Gamers need to stop being tribalistic and open their minds for a change. Why should they need to be shackled by a narrow point-of-view?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6864 Posts

@jaydan said:

Sony lives by the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" business model, rather than evolving the industry. Cows have been living the high life with short-term business success, but I think most sensible people knew that model can't sustain itself in the long-term.

I think it's now coming to fruition that Sony needs to convert in order to maintain that success.

Imagine a future when your paying $80 a month for all your game subscription services. And when you want to play something in your back catalog you can't because they took it off the service.... sounds glorious. 😐

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 PurpleMan5000

@silentchief said:
@jaydan said:

Sony lives by the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" business model, rather than evolving the industry. Cows have been living the high life with short-term business success, but I think most sensible people knew that model can't sustain itself in the long-term.

I think it's now coming to fruition that Sony needs to convert in order to maintain that success.

Imagine a future when your paying $80 a month for all your game subscription services. And when you want to play something in your back catalog you can't because they took it off the service.... sounds glorious. 😐

Imagine all the people

Living for today....

It sucks, but it's absolutely where we are heading. Most people will have one service as their rock that they always keep (probably Game Pass, realistically) and then alternate whatever additional service has the game they want to play. And yes, games will leave the services and become very difficult to play. Build a PC and keep your retro consoles.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

@silentchief said:
@jaydan said:

Link to this $80 dollar subscription

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Silentchief
@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:
@pc_rocks said:

They will respond by their own buying spree. Pretty sure they don't have the money to buy a big or even a mdeium sized publisher but they can still go with merger using equity. Come to think of it, they could also get in a strategic partnership with Amazon or Google if not outright bought by them.

Lol Herms and lems crack me up.

https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/SONY/sony/cash-on-hand

Sony has 44 billion dollars in free cash flow. That's enough to buy both Capcom and square Enix and that's exactly what they should do.

They also have a market cap of 156 billion so good luck on anyone buying them.

So, you are saying that the company should spend ALL of their resources in acquisitions just cause? This is why fanboys don't run companies.

If you think it's " just cause" then you have the business sense of a chimp.

First of all it wouldn't be anywhere near all their resources. Capcom is valued at about 5 billion and Square Enix is about 6 billion. They could purchase both with tons of money to spare.

Second it would allow them to take back Japan giving them a strong foothold in their own country.

Third they would be purchasing loads of valuable IP's and lots of high profile talent which would greatly boost their content portfolio.

And finally it would stop another mega corporation from doing it first.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Pedro
@silentchief said:

First of all it wouldn't be anywhere near all their resources. Capcom is valued at about 5 billion and Square Enix is about 6 billion. They could purchase both with tons of money to spare.

Second it would allow them to take back Japan giving them a strong foothold in their own country.

Third they would be purchasing loads of valuable IP's and lots of high profile talent which would greatly boost their content portfolio.

Because you are in fanboy mode, the following statement to your comment is more true than you realize but "you have the business sense of a chimp."

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Silentchief

@regnaston said:

is this the next target for MS 😁😁

MS doesn't have the cash anymore.

@Star67 said:

I think Sony need to seriously look at the Konami Portfolio and buy up some IPs, like Castlevania, Metal Gear, Fatal Frame, etc. I know there are rumors about exclusive deals with Square Enix as well, I think that really needs to happen now.

I would say partner up with Sega, but Sega's multiplatform strategy has been working pretty well for them.

Partnerships with Square and Konami are the only things feasible IMO

Lol **** patnership... buy them.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Silentchief

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

Because you are in fanboy mode, the following statement to your comment is more true than you realize but "you have the business sense of a chimp."

That was in your response to " that's why fan boys don't run companies"

Capcom and square Enix would be smart beneficial accusations that would actually help all companies involved. That is not a fan boyish statement

A fan boy response would be " buy EA"

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 PurpleMan5000

@thedork_knight said:
@silentchief said:
@jaydan said:

EA Play is $15 per month. Game Pass is $15 per month. PS Now is $10 per month. Ubisoft Connect is $15 per month.

So if your only option next gen is subscriptions, and you want them all, that is $55 per month for the publishers already competing in that space. I don't think Game Pass will continue to be $15 per month much longer, either, as I don't see how they can continue what they offer at that price point. More publishers will likely try to offer services of their own. These services are all quite a bit cheaper if you buy a whole year at once, but I don't think most consumers will pay for all of them. It's a lot more likely that someone buys something like Game Pass annually and adds and drops the others whenever there is a big game they want to play.

mane_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 mane_basic
Member since 2002 • 537 Posts

@sonny2dap:

“ I'm not Sure Sony would actually see Amazon or Google as potential Partners, in fact if Sony went that route I wouldn't be shocked by a Sony/MS deal to head off a challenge from one of those tech entities.”

This already happened sony signed a deal with Ms Azure team who is hanging sony’s cloud and service backends

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Silentchief
@thedork_knight said:
@silentchief said:
@jaydan said:

Notice i said " future".

You think GP is staying $15 after MS spent $70 billion?

Then you have EA and Ubisolft already... and what about Sony? If they are to make a subscription service that's competitive it will cost the same. Then you have all the smaller companies...

Im sorry but this model sucks. You will need more then 1 subscription service.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By Silentchief

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@silentchief said:
@jaydan said:

Imagine all the people

Living for today....

It sucks, but it's absolutely where we are heading. Most people will have one service as their rock that they always keep (probably Game Pass, realistically) and then alternate whatever additional service has the game they want to play. And yes, games will leave the services and become very difficult to play. Build a PC and keep your retro consoles.

Well that depends. It's what MS wants and what all the Xbox fan boys are praising... but it absolutely sucks.

Best bet is Sony and Nintendo fight this, build their own ecosystems and just allow GP on their platform.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

I don't see any reason for Sony to panick over this. Without COD thePS5 will still wipe the floor with Microsoft. It could help close the gab sure, but the gap between Sony and Microsoft in the console wars is big.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 PurpleMan5000

@silentchief said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@silentchief said:
@jaydan said:

Imagine all the people

Living for today....

Well that depends. It's what MS wants and what all the Xbox fan boys are praising... but it absolutely sucks.

Best bet is Sony and Nintendo fight this, build their own ecosystems and just allow GP on their platform.

I think Nintendo probably releases another console, simply because they have a history of not adapting to the times. I really don't think Sony will, and if they do, I think the only way they have any 3rd party support is if they agree to offer the streaming platforms that those third parties are selling. The problem goes beyond Microsoft. Once game makers don't need their customers to own a console to play their games, they have no reason to pay console royalties. They can create a streaming service and sell it directly.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Silentchief

@PurpleMan5000 said:
@silentchief said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@silentchief said:
@jaydan said:

Imagine all the people

Living for today....

I think Nintendo probably releases another console, simply because they have a history of not adapting to the times. I really don't think Sony will, and if they do, I think the only way they have any 3rd party support is if they agree to offer the streaming platforms that those third parties are selling. The problem goes beyond Microsoft. Once game makers don't need their customers to own a console to play their games, they have no reason to pay console royalties. They can create a streaming service and sell it directly.

I think Sony will without question release another console. Most 3rd party companies don't have the content to have a subscription service. I do think within the next 5 years 4 to 5 companies will own the entire gaming industry.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By PurpleMan5000
@silentchief said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:
@silentchief said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

Imagine all the people

Living for today....

I think Sony will without question release another console. Most 3rd party companies don't have the content to have a subscription service. I do think within the next 5 years 4 to 5 companies will own the entire gaming industry.

If you had told me a few years ago that Paramount Plus would be a television streaming service, I would not have believed you. A lot of companies that don't seem to have a ton of content for their own service, like Capcom, have impressive libraries of retro games. They could offer a service for $9 per month, put their new content on it, plus all of the Mega Man games, Resident Evil games, gems like Viewtiful Joe, etc. and I would actually consider it. Of course the problem is that when everyone does that, $9 here and $9 there adds up.

And of course, a major 3rd party publisher is more than capable of buying the rights to smaller indie games to go exclusively to their streaming service.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#148 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

@silentchief: How long will it take before the gaming industry be like Big Tech? This is a reason to have real competition in the gaming industry, not the so-called "competition" among the console makers.

supergokublitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 supergokublitz
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts

@mysticaldonut said:
@Antwan3K said:
@mysticaldonut said:

Bethesda and Activision games won't sell enough on Xbox/PC alone to justify the $80 billion they spent. The games will still come to PS consoles to recoup losses.

By this logic Halo will release on ps5 too? Not going to happen!

It's not a partnership MS bought these ip's and if you want to play them you will have to embrace a MS platform. They will attract people to buy more pc/console with exclusivity and in turn sell more software and the cycle repeats.

MS don't need to rush to recoup losses they have plenty of money and are in it for the long game.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

@supergokublitz said:
@mysticaldonut said:
@Antwan3K said:
@mysticaldonut said:

By this logic Halo will release on ps5 too? Not going to happen!

It's not a partnership MS bought these ip's and if you want to play them you will have to embrace a MS platform. They will attract people to buy more pc/console with exclusivity and in turn sell more software and the cycle repeats.

MS don't need to rush to recoup losses they have plenty of money and are in it for the long game.

Halo has never been on PS, they don't need to impress investors with sales numbers like how a multiplatform title does.

If Call of Duty or Elder Scrolls releases and sells less than 10 million units on Xbox/PC, they will port to Playstation.