Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@jeezers said:

@Shewgenja: those aren't good multiplayer games, they are good single player games with a mp mode tacked on. People don't look at last of us or bloodbourne as multiplayer games. I didn't back track, of course some Sony games have multiplayer, but the multiplayer isnt good, or the main draw to the game, because it is lackluster multiplayer. It's not the games fault tho, they were made mainly for single player. Makes sense the multiplayer isnt very good. It was tacked on

Says who? You? several of those games are not only exclusive are also high rated.

Oh i get it you want another reskinned shooter.. No thanks..

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#152 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@Shewgenja said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Proof in this thread.

Cows happy to make posts pointing out every weakness of Xbox, Switch and PC.

Do the same and reverse, out come the excuses and backtracking.

God forbid, someone critiscises Sony.

And here you are with no response to my last post because you are doing precisely what I thought you would, which is pitching nebulous shit at a wall hoping that it sticks.

I cant even see which post you are refering too as I've woke up to a shed load of Cows churping on with excuses.

Re-quote for me and I will respond. I believe I skimmed over a post yesterday which was very neutral in which I had no real response to provide.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#153 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

They have some decent multiplayer offerings here and there, but overall it's not their focus especially when compared to Xbox. They are specialized in other things, and that's cool.

Avatar image for blueberry_bandit
Blueberry_Bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By Blueberry_Bandit
Member since 2017 • 891 Posts

@j2zon2591 said:
@blueberry_bandit said:
@jeezers said:
@Ant_17 said:

And your point is more valid?

Dissmissing games just cause they don't match your taste?

Dismissing what games, people want to talk about the greatness of PSVR, wheres the games??? Looks like a waste of money imo, almost every game made for it seems to get mediocre scores, more of a gimmick right now and it is NOT the future of multiplayer. Not even close. Still no one has named a good MP game for it, but wants to claim its the future of multiplayer. What world you living in.

My post above showcases great multiplayer games.

This is an example of multiplayer in VR: https://youtu.be/yzsFgDxzWIk?t=92

And another: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwcHnG8EDTw

Echo Arena is basically the Rocket League of VR, and Echo Combat (an FPS being revealed at E3) will likely be the Splatoon of VR.

And this is just the start. We've seen nothing compared to what we'll be getting in 3, 4 or 5 years.

Those are PC VR games by the way. I'm not specifically aligned to Sony here, just pointing out that multiplayer VR is way better than you think.

I am so excited for the future of VR.

Call it boring but I'd love some amazingly rendered museums or scenery in the world. Hell maybe those top rated places with crapton of cameras above for real time translations then becomes 3D so you can feel like you're in the place through VR/AR.

I've visited one or two museums in VR before. It was very real since it was built using photogrammetry. In fact one time it was a social gathering since I went there with my friends and we messed around a bit in the museum.

It gets pretty much indistinguishable from reality when you have light-field captures. That looks like this with no loss of detail: https://youtu.be/Y4XnjQL1wHg?t=174

360 videos will get mindblowingly good as time goes on too, because the quality will be sorted out, but more importantly you'll be able to move inside videos (eventually live video) which is straight up Sci Fi magic. That looks like this: https://youtu.be/DFobWjSYst4?t=50

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

They need to work with Bluepoint and have them work on some of the multiplayer IP. Put Bluepoint on Socom. Then get Insomniac on Resistance and David Jaffe heading a new Twisted Metal.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#156 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@BigBadBully said:

They need to work with Bluepoint and have them work on some of the multiplayer IP. Put Bluepoint on Socom. Then get Insomniac on Resistance and David Jaffe heading a new Twisted Metal.

I like the way you think, that would be sweet.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 jeezers

@Alucard_Prime said:

They have some decent multiplayer offerings here and there, but overall it's not their focus especially when compared to Xbox. They are specialized in other things, and that's cool.

I can respect that response, But i still want to see Sony really put some solid effort into a multiplayer game, even 1 would be great for the system. I think what bugs me is i feel like they could nail it out of the park if they tried, but they don't even try.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#158  Edited By Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@jeezers said:

@Diddies: socom 3 was buggy and did not look good. But was fun. Socom on ps2 was the best online you could get on the ps2. Socom 4 was like a shitty dream I forgot about lol I do miss socom.

I wasn't a huge fan of Socom 3. I liked it and played it a lot, but it was definitely Socom 2 that was the best. Also Socom: Confrontation on the PS3 was a good game and was very similar to Socom 2. It had horrible reviews as it had a very bad release and people couldn't even play for a couple of weeks due to server issues. After that was resolved, a lot of the fans were already lost, but once it was fixed, it was a pretty good game.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

PS is mostly designed for casuals who just want to play a quick weekend rental style SP action game. Any real MP is too much for them to handle for the most part.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 jeezers

@zaryia said:

PS is mostly designed for casuals who just want to play a quick weekend rental style SP action game. Any real MP is too much for them to handle for the most part.

I enjoy my ps4 for single player games, my PC has carried me for a while mp wise.

I really liked paragon on my ps4, me and 4 buddies could hop in and roll over people.

But then epic ended Paragon to send developers over to fortnite. I hate fortnite & pubg, This battle royal trend is the worst. Garbage games.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

@samfisher56: I would buy a PS4 for that or MAG. Put a lot if hours into both of those on the PS3.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

@jeezers: "Forget the word booming, lets go back to good. Whats the "good" multiplayer psvr game you speak of."

Farpoint, GT Sport, Star Trek: Bridge Crew to name a few. IDK what you definition of "good" is, but as far as I'm concerned these three MP games alone justify PSVR price tag. All three games are outstanding MP VR experiences.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

... also for the record I kinda hate star trek with a passion, always have. Liked the new movies, but despise every second of any of the shows or older movies. No hating on those who like it, but an important note because I like Bridge Crew that damn much- I can't imagine how much a trekkie would love it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=55s&v=hWW5YD3G1kA is a link to a friend of mines review, you can see me dancing around in the capture footage- check out his channel and give him a hash tag or whatever you kids these days do. But if you don't know about this game and have PSVR, Rift or Vive (cross platform w/ all three as well) check out his vid such a great MP VR game.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@cainetao11:

Well, the ps4 is still selling like hotcakes. So now I wonder why is the ps4 outselling get the xb1, seeing get that it have the best MP games over the ps4, and seeing that the x1x plays 3rd party games better, they have that as well. So why is the ps4 selling so well?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#165 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

I'm more of a singleplayer gamer, but i wouldn't mind the ability to play some of those PS4 exclusives in coop, if i wanted.

That said, between AAAs, indies, exclusives, multiplats, etc) there are so many great games this gen, that i don't miss anything. Honestly i don't remember having this much diversity available.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

I'm perfectly fine w/ that.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Works out perfectly for me. I love SP games and a good SP experience. I love MP too and 3rd party covers me there.

I play 2 games at a time. One SP and one MP with some small SP campaign (FIFA/NBA2K/COD) Currently playing Persona 5 (Absolute gem) and when I need some MP action i switch to the NBA or Fifa or COD etc.

Sony is doing what they KNOW they are good at and excelling. I have no problem with them.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 rafaelmsoares
Member since 2018 • 657 Posts

You want shooters and that was never Sony strong suit, you would have to go to MS for that (not anymore, as they can't even do that right lately). Your best bet is to go to multiplats, and on PS4, as there you'll find people to play with.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#169  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Sony has never cared about multiplayer this dates back to the n64 era .... they had only 2 controller ports while the n64 had 4 Xbox and gc and dc also has 4 while ps2 has 2 ....

Online was always Xbox strong suit Nintendo's strong suit being local multiplayer until Wii so

.there is a known fact PlayStation was never the go to for exclusive multiplayer games besides the original time splitters

If

Your looking for exclusive multiplayer games

Nintendo and Xbox have always provided that

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#170 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@ermacness said:

@cainetao11:

Well, the ps4 is still selling like hotcakes. So now I wonder why is the ps4 outselling get the xb1, seeing get that it have the best MP games over the ps4, and seeing that the x1x plays 3rd party games better, they have that as well. So why is the ps4 selling so well?

I would say because first impressions are very important. Xbox first impression was a massive failure; PS has a higher rated First party output. People let Meta scores tell them what is a good game just as they let Rotten Tomatoes scores decide what movies are good. I do not. I am willing to take the risk with entertainment because I try what I'm interested in trying.

Why does Justin Bieber sell more music than Pearl Jam or Metallica? Is he a better Musician? Can he even play a musical instrument, much less write music like Mozart did at the age of 6? Selling more proves one thing for sure, PS is a more popular product. If it makes you warm and fuzzy inside to think while you're playing a game "thers so many other people playing the same console as me!!!! YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!" oh well, you may not have a backbone.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@ermacness said:

@cainetao11:

I would say because first impressions are very important. Xbox first impression was a massive failure; PS has a higher rated First party output. People let Meta scores tell them what is a good game just as they let Rotten Tomatoes scores decide what movies are good. I do not. I am willing to take the risk with entertainment because I try what I'm interested in trying.

Why does Justin Bieber sell more music than Pearl Jam or Metallica? Is he a better Musician? Can he even play a musical instrument, much less write music like Mozart did at the age of 6? Selling more proves one thing for sure, PS is a more popular product. If it makes you warm and fuzzy inside to think while you're playing a game "thers so many other people playing the same console as me!!!! YAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!" oh well, you may not have a backbone.

Are you trying to say God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn are like Justin Bieber and games like Sea of Thieves are like Pearl Jam or Metallica?? LOL

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By cainetao11

@ni6htmare01: No I'm saying entertainment is subjective. Just because the pop culture loves something doesn't mean what they don't love isn't loved by some others.

The point is only in gaming do people bring up what other people like as if it matters to me. Nobody i know said to me well fast n furious made more money than whatever movie i enjoyed most in a particular year. WTF does it matter to me what other people like? I'm not them. They arent me. What is bringing it up to me proving? That you're like most everyone else? Ok, you follow the crowd, good for you.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@ni6htmare01: No I'm saying entertainment is subjective. Just because the pop culture loves something doesn't mean what they don't love isn't loved by some others.

The point is only in gaming do people bring up what other people like as if it matters to me. Nobody i know said to me well fast n furious made more money than whatever movie i enjoyed most in a particular year. WTF does it matter to me what other people like? I'm not them. They arent me. What is bringing it up to me proving? That you're like most everyone else? Ok, you follow the crowd, good for you.

lol i know, I'm just playing with you!!

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@cainetao11: People do that in the music industry too.

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

@jeezers: You'll like this one also. As far as i know Playground Games is independent. Sony calls Playground up, how about developing a new Motorstorm Game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 cainetao11

@ni6htmare01: Lol ? I've been had!!!!!!!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 cainetao11

@recloud: Really? I don't spend anytime on music forums. People i know just accept people like different music. Toe taps to what it taps to. In gaming for some reason people seem to use what others like as ammo. As if that means anything. I'm not a jelly fish. I have a backbone. I decide what i like, not metacritic, rotten tomatoes or mass acceptance. I try to make these decisions by actually experiencing things.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#178 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Just get an XB1 for what you are missing if you miss it that bad. S models are cheap and there's loaded bundle sales throughout the year.

I mean, I myself mostly game on XB1 but still picked up a PS4 for everything else that interesta me that I can't play on XB1. And despite what people say, Halo and Gears are still great series, maybe not killer apps they once were but still pretty good, and if you have that itch then nothing else is going to cut it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#179 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

They have made some attempts but until now they always failed. It's kind of wierd considering how successful they have been this gen and how well 3rd party multiplayers do even on the PS4. Hell SoT is a flop and is doing better than anything Sony did this gen in MP.

Maybe it's a "company culture" thing. Uncharted is their biggest shooter and it's not exactly praised by its fine tuned gameplay or mechanics and you can't have a big online shooter if you are only average at that.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 jeezers

@BigBadBully: new motorstorm would be dope, they could make it the ultimate arcade racer if they wanted.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10614 Posts

@cainetao11:

As for your 1st point, it would make much more sense if the ps3 didn't completely destroy your argument before you even conjured it up. If 1st impressions is the "end all be all" then how come the ps3 nearly overtake the 360 in worldwide sales, despite coming out a whole year later (a reason that the lovely x1 doesn't share), and having, arguably the worst 1st impressions in console history. In comparison, the x1 only came out a week later, and is currently trailing the ps4 overall sales by over half (and if what recent news is stating proves correct, way more than half) worldwide.

As for as your 2nd point, I don't know about the ratings of Justin Bieber or Metallica, but as for the subject at hand, the ps4 does have more higher rated exclusive that you can't play anywhere else (unlike 90% of the exclusives for the x1), so there's a probable reason why ps4 generally sale more than x1 this gen.

P.S. Everyone has opinions, but then they are facts that no matter how many times one may try to spin it, it's all the same then as it was before.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

And it has helped them tremendously!

C4rbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 C4rbs
Member since 2018 • 36 Posts

TLOU has a good multiplayer

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

You no like Sportsfriends?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By cainetao11

@ermacness: Well here is a fact then. The PS brand even when ps3 was trailing 360 outsold it WW with the exception of Au, UK, and the US. It just plain and simple is the preferred brand by majority of the world. Yippee. I don't believe Mr Smith buys a PS4 because of high rated exclusives. A console has crossed the line into a piece of the entertainment center these days. I know people with a PS4 that play NBA2k, Madden, COD and Destiny. Two of them were asking my brother to ask me if i think GoW is worth the price. LOL. This is the bulk of the consumer market in America.

Many of those high rated games don't matter to me so why do i care? Further more why should i care what the masses buy? They aren't buying for me.

Entertainment is subjective. There's no way to prove something is good as a fact because human tastes of good and bad have to come into play in order to decide it and not every one of the 8 plus billion humans will agree on anything.